PDA

View Full Version : [4e] Not enough Poison!

Burley
2010-06-08, 03:32 PM
Am I the only one who feels that poison needs to be more available to players?
I was going to build a Shardmind made of living mercury, but I couldn't find a class that had enough [Poison] to really make me feel like I'm made of poison.
Any ideas? Comments?

Hal
2010-06-08, 04:16 PM
Well, you could take a class of your choice and (with your DM's permission, of course) refluff existing abilities to be poison damage rather than whatever else.

One caveat, though: I have no idea if there are specific attributes associated with poison ablities, so this may end up being unbalanced. I know dwarves will get a bonus to saving throws against abilities that grant them.

Hzurr
2010-06-08, 04:27 PM
If you go assassin, there are a number of feats that you can take that will allow almost all of your powers to do poison damage, (in addition to the ones that do poison damage automatically) as well as give you the ability to bypass creatures that have poison resistance or immunity.

-Edit-

Yep:

Feats:
Venom Hand Master - your attacks ignore poison resistance and immunity
Venom Handler - resist poison 5/tier
Venom Hand Assassin - the first attack of the encounter deals 1d8 extra poison damage per tier
Venom Hand Killer - +2/+3/+4 feat bonus to poison damage

In addition, you have the Venomed Soul Paragon Path, which also does all sorts of poison-y things

NeoVid
2010-06-08, 05:26 PM
Get a Spiderkissed weapon enchantment. You can do all your weapon damage as poison.

Mando Knight
2010-06-08, 08:12 PM
You could also be an acid/poison Dragon Sorcerer. Won't be as much poison as if you used the poison supplements from Dragon, but you're still dealing with deadly liquid-y stuff.

Then get a Spiderkissed dagger. Poisoned Burning Spray! Poisonous Starfall! Dazzling Ray... OF POISON!

shadowmage
2010-06-08, 08:52 PM
Also see if your DM will let you refluff/crunch fire attacks to poison. Ongoing fire damage would work very well as on-going poison damage. The only problem I know if is Fire damage is considered weak just because of all the fire resist. With a damage type change the fire based powers might become to powerful.

Mando Knight
2010-06-08, 09:11 PM
With a damage type change the fire based powers might become to powerful.

Poison isn't resisted as much, but more creatures are outright immune, mostly undead.

demidracolich
2010-06-08, 09:17 PM
Seconding assassin, it has more poison than even sorceror. I`m sure that when the actually publish assassin, they will have a poisoning build.

Tanngrisnr
2010-06-09, 01:05 AM
You can also make this:

Dark pact Warlock multiclass Assassin, get Spirit Poison and Venom Hand Master, pick only necrotic and poison powers.

Now almost all your damage is poison and there's nothing immune to your attacks.

With the exception of your at-wills and the level 27th encounter power, there is a warlock power based of charisma with the necrotic or poison keyword available for every level. It may not be an optimal build, though.

Gralamin
2010-06-09, 01:11 AM
Seconding assassin, it has more poison than even sorceror. I`m sure that when the actually publish assassin, they will have a poisoning build.

Assassin has been "Published". Its not content that will appear in a book, but is DDI only.