PDA

View Full Version : A story about ME!

Darklord Xavez
2010-06-08, 05:39 PM
{Scrubbed} NOTE: was accidentally erased in one of my edits; I am sorry for this and have replaced the text.

I wrote a story involving me in a now-locked thread, but only one person got to comment on it. Here it is:
Chapter 1: Ba-Bump.
Xavez swung his halberd, the sound of his heartbeat pounding in his ears.

Ba-Bump.

His strike met its target head on, sending the vrock into the air and spraying the demon's blood everywhere.

Ba-Bump.

Three of the demons charged, their eyes full of savage fury. The Darklord raised his blade to intercept their attack.

Ba-Bump.

Xavez swung and swung and swung, felling demon after demon, but he knew that they would eventually overpower him.

Ba-Bump.

He slowly moved back as the horrible things attempted to swarm him and kill him through force of numbers.

Ba-Bump.

He held his polearm horizontally, blocking the onslaught of claws and teeth from the ever-growing horde of demons.

Ba-Bump.

A demon's claws struck home, the injury adding to the already large number, increasing the amount of blood seeping out of his armor.

Ba-Bump.

He forced them back long enough to take a breath, and realized that he had killed at least a hundred so far. But that wasn't good enough.

Ba-Bump.

He raised his halberd and threw himself into the horde, knowing that he would not survive.

Ba-Bump.

Ba-Bump.

Ba-Bump.

Chapter 2: He Remembers
He remembers.

He remembers when the skies were clear and bright, not choked with black clouds in a never-ending dusk.

He remembers when people were happy and good, not the scavenging, mistrustful folk they have now become.

He remembers when his parents still lived, before the Gates began to appear.

He remembers when the world was not overrun with demons.

His name is Darklord Xavez, and he remembers.

Chapter 3: Midnight
Far off in the distance, a church bell began to ring.

Bong.

Xavez noticed that it was almost time, and a smile spread across his face.

Bong.

He adjusted the hood on his cloak, and began slowly moving back from the fighting.

Bong.

Xavez ordered the soldiers in his position to hold off the demons, and they moved into position to do so.

Bong.

He watched the skies, scanning for large groups of enemy flyers, and also checked on nearby positions to see if they needed reinforcements. They did.

Bong.

"Just a few more seconds to go," he thought, readying himself for what would happen and making a quick plan.

Bong.

The demonic horde pressed the attack harder, trying to break through the lines as quickly as possible.

Bong.

The Darklord pulled out a scroll and activated it.

Bong.

"Yes?" It was Günlock.

Bong.

Xavez relayed his commands. "Send in your skirmishers and tell them to deploy in loose formation."

Bong.

"Got it."

Bong.

The Darklord saw a large group of elves armed with bows and axes move up to his position and spread out, firing repeatedly at the demons.

Bong.

"Midnight," Xavez thought to himself. "Perfect."
So, how is it?
-Xavez

Lord Raziere
2010-06-08, 05:51 PM
.....interesting, makes you question why the character is doing this, in medias res and all that, gets you interested.

like the heart-pounding thing you got there, it sets the pace of the moment.

in other news:
I'm gonna try to open up a similar thread, but without the shipping so that Roland won't close it, the "Playground Mythos" concept is too good to pass up, and I'm not letting it die because a few people forgot a forum rule. :smallannoyed:

Darklord Xavez
2010-06-08, 07:00 PM
.....interesting, makes you question why the character is doing this, in medias res and all that, gets you interested.

like the heart-pounding thing you got there, it sets the pace of the moment.

in other news:
I'm gonna try to open up a similar thread, but without the shipping so that Roland won't close it, the "Playground Mythos" concept is too good to pass up, and I'm not letting it die because a few people forgot a forum rule. :smallannoyed:

Get it ok'd with Roland first. Also, be sure to include that it is NOT a shipping thread, will never BE a shipping thread, and that NOBODY should even think of posting a story with ANY romantic relationships AT ALL. Just a thought.
-Xavez

enigmatime
2010-06-08, 07:19 PM
I do want to know one thing (actually alot of things but this is what I want to know right now): I just want to know if hand holding or hugging would be innapropriate. On the topic of the story: I think that it is rather good. I want more :smalltongue:.

Edit: Woot!!! Dwarf status!

Darklord Xavez
2010-06-08, 07:28 PM
I do want to know one thing (actually alot of things but this is what I want to know right now): I just want to know if hand holding or hugging would be innapropriate. On the topic of the story: I think that it is rather good. I want more :smalltongue:.

First: I don't think so. {Scrubbed}

Second: That's where the story ends. You (the reader) decide for yourself how it ends.
-Xavez

enigmatime
2010-06-08, 07:37 PM
First: I don't think so. Roland is obviously quite hostile towards stuff even that close. Maybe get Roland's permission first.

Second: That's where the story ends. You (the reader) decide for yourself how it ends.
-Xavez

I say he lives but is nearly killed and is scarred for life by the images he saw. He also loses all of his limbs and each are replaced with stumps of wood.

Darklord Xavez
2010-06-08, 07:39 PM
I say he lives but is nearly killed and is scarred for life by the images he saw. He also loses all of his limbs and each are replaced with stumps of wood.

I didn't mean that you should share it.
-Xavez

enigmatime
2010-06-08, 07:40 PM
I didn't mean that you should share it.
-Xavez

To late :smallredface:

Saint Nil
2010-06-09, 07:30 AM
Not bad. Very nice to read and easy on the eyes. The contrast of color is nice, and I personally see the black heart beats to be very symbolic (or you forgot to color them, but I prefer my idea):smallwink:

Its nice, so why don't you expand it and see what stories appear from this. You could make a whole world and cast. Why not take requests from other people and put their characters in your world. Explain why the deamons are here.

Its a good start, so keep going!:smallsmile:

(Also, I know you wrote your posts, no need to sign every one of them:smallwink:)

Darklord Xavez
2010-06-10, 02:53 PM
Not bad. Very nice to read and easy on the eyes. The contrast of color is nice, and I personally see the black heart beats to be very symbolic (or you forgot to color them, but I prefer my idea):smallwink:

Its nice, so why don't you expand it and see what stories appear from this. You could make a whole world and cast. Why not take requests from other people and put their characters in your world. Explain why the deamons are here.

Its a good start, so keep going!:smallsmile:

(Also, I know you wrote your posts, no need to sign every one of them:smallwink:)

1. I think that I'll try to get your "creating a world" idea by Roland. Also, following the demise of the Stories in the Playground thread, I think that I will not create stories with ANY obvious romantic relationships of ANY kind whatsoever.

2. I sign my posts out of politeness.
-Xavez

Saint Nil
2010-06-10, 02:55 PM
I never mentioned romance, but okay.:smallconfused:

Also, you can create a story thread like Silverraptor has, we just can't have one central story thread. It makes it easier for the mods to crack down on inappropriate threads without having to shift through fifty posts in one thread.

Darklord Xavez
2010-06-10, 02:57 PM
I never mentioned romance, but okay.:smallconfused:

Also, you can create a story thread like Silverraptor has, we just can't have one central story thread. It makes it easier for the mods to crack down on inappropriate threads without having to shift through fifty posts in one thread.

Oh! As in, people would PM me if they wanted to be in a story, and then I would write one, with a "main" thread for an archive?
-Xavez

Roland St. Jude
2010-06-10, 03:31 PM
Sheriff of Moddingham: First, we're not doing any more collective story threads. It doesn't matter what you call them, if it seems like a return of a shipping thread, it's going to be locked.

Second, don't try to get anything by me in this regard. I'm not hostile to the concept of shipping, stories, or whatever else. I spent an unbelievable amount of time trying to keep the Shipping and other threads afloat without much success in bringing them in line with the Forum Rules. By now we've made the very rational decision that these threads (like Shipping and CrackPairings) are unable to stay within the Forum Rules, unmoderatable even over long periods of time, and tend to result in some of the worst violations of Forum Rules that we see. Even so, I was happy to allow an exception for the creation of a new, completely non-sexual, non-romantic, stories about Playgrounders thread, but that was apparently not possible either. So we've come to the point now where the decision has been made (by all active moderators, admins, and The Giant) not to have these types of threads. So don't try to think up or finagle a way that you can have one. If someone wants to have a thread for their story and it's significant enough to have and sustain its own thread, and the author is willing to be responsible for its content, (like many of the fancomics do), fine.

Third, please don't disrespect moderators (or admins) acting in their official capacity. That means no second-guessing, grumbling, grousing, insulting, etc. about specific acts of moderation. If you have questions or comments about a specific act of moderation, feel free to take it up with me privately. If you're not satisfied with my response, feel free to take it up the The Giant, privately.

Darklord Xavez
2010-06-10, 03:44 PM
Anyways, moving on...

I'm currently thinking of what to write as a continuation of this story.
-Xavez

Comet
2010-06-10, 05:17 PM
Anyways, moving on...

I'm currently thinking of what to write as a continuation of this story.
-Xavez

Something that fleshes the character out a bit more, if you ask me.
We've seen that he can kick ass. I'd like to see why he fights and what the fighting has done to him as a person. I always find stories like that cool, showing us the man behind the legend and all that :smallwink:

Darklord Xavez
2010-06-11, 03:28 PM
Something that fleshes the character out a bit more, if you ask me.
We've seen that he can kick ass. I'd like to see why he fights and what the fighting has done to him as a person. I always find stories like that cool, showing us the man behind the legend and all that :smallwink:

The next part might be a flashback he has while he fights, which will explain why the heck there's an army of demons to fight.
-Xavez

Darklord Xavez
2010-06-27, 11:11 AM
Chapter 2: He Remembers
He remembers.

He remembers when the skies were clear and bright, not choked with black clouds in a never-ending dusk.

He remembers when people were happy and good, not the scavenging, mistrustful folk they have now become.

He remembers when his parents still lived, before the Gates began to appear.

He remembers when the world was not overrun with demons.

His name is Darklord Xavez, and he remembers.
-Xavez

Darklord Xavez
2010-06-27, 11:29 AM
Chapter 3: Midnight
Far off in the distance, a church bell began to ring.

Bong.

Xavez noticed that it was almost time, and a smile spread across his face.

Bong.

He adjusted the hood on his cloak, and began slowly moving back from the fighting.

Bong.

Xavez ordered the soldiers in his position to hold off the demons, and they moved into position to do so.

Bong.

He watched the skies, scanning for large groups of enemy flyers, and also checked on nearby positions to see if they needed reinforcements. They did.

Bong.

"Just a few more seconds to go," he thought, readying himself for what would happen and making a quick plan.

Bong.

The demonic horde pressed the attack harder, trying to break through the lines as quickly as possible.

Bong.

The Darklord pulled out a scroll and activated it.

Bong.

"Yes?" It was Günlock.

Bong.

Xavez relayed his commands. "Send in your skirmishers and tell them to deploy in loose formation."

Bong.

"Got it."

Bong.

The Darklord saw a large group of elves armed with bows and axes move up to his position and spread out, firing repeatedly at the demons.

Bong.

"Midnight," Xavez thought to himself. "Perfect."