PDA

View Full Version : The playground has seeped into my game!

Froogleyboy
2010-06-08, 06:10 PM
Yup, you read right, The Playground is slowly, yet surely, invading my game. It was a kinda subconscious thing at first, but I keep using different people from the playground as NPCs in my games. Like, Roland, the parties DMPC Paladin who acts as the parties moral compass. Oh, and the church of the Tribble, creator of magical and mystical things. We also have a cleric that dresses in black, with long hair who has no name (but he's quite huggable when you get to know him. [Try and guess who he is modeled after]) :smalltongue:

shadow_archmagi
2010-06-08, 06:12 PM
Yup, you read right, The Playground is slowly, yet surely, invading my game. It was a kinda subconscious thing at first, but I keep using different people from the playground as NPCs in my games. Like, Roland, the parties DMPC Paladin who acts as the parties moral compass. Oh, and the church of the Tribble, creator of magical and mystical things. We also have a cleric that dresses in black, with long hair who has no name (but he's quite huggable when you get to know him. [Try and guess who he is modeled after]) :smalltongue:

rutskarn?????

TheMightyBanjo
2010-06-08, 06:16 PM
Only be worried when Banjo becomes the favored deity of you party's Bard.

Froogleyboy
2010-06-08, 06:23 PM
rutskarn?????

No, Nameless, get it?

Cobalt
2010-06-08, 06:28 PM
No, Nameless, get it?

*rimshot*

I feel like maing a mind control comment. But I can't figure out how to fit it in with the rimshot there.

Starscream
2010-06-08, 06:31 PM
Hmmm... Now I kind of want to do a Roland based deity in my campaign world. He followers could be at war with trolls.

Maximum Zersk
2010-06-08, 06:43 PM
Just wait 'till the rest of us regulars get in there. :smallwink:

Crimmy
2010-06-08, 06:51 PM
Only be worried when Banjo becomes the favored deity of you party's Bard.

Banjo who?
The avatarist?

Froogleyboy
2010-06-08, 11:43 PM
Banjo who?
The avatarist?

the puppet

Krade
2010-06-08, 11:48 PM
Banjo who?
The avatarist?

Your homework assignment this evening will be to read the entire OotS archive. I will expect a report ready and on my desk by noon on June 7, 2010.

Temotei
2010-06-08, 11:53 PM
Your homework assignment this evening will be to read the entire OotS archive. I will expect a report ready and on my desk by noon on June 7, 2010.

Good day, that. :smallamused:

*casts genesis, creating a new plane where time goes backward, allowing you to essentially time travel and ruin everyone's day by doing so*

Mystic Muse
2010-06-09, 12:05 AM
I seek to be in your campaign.

Froogleyboy
2010-06-09, 12:18 AM
I seek to be in your campaign.

You ask and so shall you receive :) You'll be in my next session

Forever Curious
2010-06-09, 12:22 AM
This is relevant to my interest.

Hell, i'll even stat myself my avatar my internet identity out for you.

Froogleyboy
2010-06-09, 12:25 AM
This is relevant to my interest.

Hell, i'll even stat myself my avatar my internet identity out for you.

Okey-Dokey Just remember that the PC (I only have one at the moment, thus the DMPCs) is level 1

TheMightyBanjo
2010-06-09, 12:25 AM
Banjo who?
The avatarist?

You...? But you...? I'm so shocked I can't even write in the third person. READ OoTS!!

Kaiser Omnik
2010-06-09, 12:27 AM
Someone once named the illithid mastermind in his game of D&D "Omnik".

I was so proud! :smallbiggrin:

Tyrandar
2010-06-09, 12:32 AM
Someday, I hope to be famous, at least on my own little corner of the internet.

If anyone winds up slipping my name into a fantasy story, it'll probably be me. :smallbiggrin:

MCerberus
2010-06-09, 12:32 AM
I'll give you a hug if you allow elemental puppies onto the Summon Monster lists :smallbiggrin:

Froogleyboy
2010-06-09, 12:37 AM
I'll give you a hug if you allow elemental puppies onto the Summon Monster lists :smallbiggrin:

That actually seems like a good idea. You stat them up, I'll throw them in. Wait, never mind, that seems like it'd be fun to homebrew, I'll do it :smallbiggrin:

RabbitHoleLost
2010-06-09, 01:12 AM
As long as your villain isn't a Necromantic Mad Hatter, I think you're chill.

littlebottom
2010-06-09, 02:15 AM
it comes to something when a single website becomes that important to your life that it is second nature.

wait a minute. i rely on this website so much that i feel sad when it goes down for half an hour to back up:smallredface:

Renegade Paladin
2010-06-09, 02:19 AM
Someday, I hope to be famous, at least on my own little corner of the internet.

If anyone winds up slipping my name into a fantasy story, it'll probably be me. :smallbiggrin:
Y'know, your name could actually work without seeming too silly. I'll do it if you want, though at the pace I write, it could be a long time coming. :smallamused:

Zeb The Troll
2010-06-09, 02:22 AM
You...? But you...? I'm so shocked I can't even write in the third person. READ OoTS!! Methinks he was making a joke about you not being the first person to assume Banjo as your forum identity. The other, rather well known forumite (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152305), also happens to be an occasional avatarist (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4867330&postcount=9684).

Froogleyboy
2010-06-09, 02:24 AM
Methinks he was making a joke about you not being the first person to assume Banjo as your forum identity. The other, rather well known forumite (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152305), also happens to be an occasional avatarist (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4867330&postcount=9684).

I've been assuming the two were one in the same, my bad I guess

Dallas-Dakota
2010-06-09, 02:27 AM
Well as long as there aren't blue furry monster who go 'nomnomnom'' it's ok with me.:smalltongue:

Zeb The Troll
2010-06-09, 02:32 AM
I've been assuming the two were one AND the same, my bad I guess:smallconfused:
You mean the two that I linked? They are.

Froogleyboy
2010-06-09, 02:33 AM
:smallconfused:
You mean the two that I linked? They are.

No, Banjo1985 and TheMightyBanjo

Zeb The Troll
2010-06-09, 02:35 AM
Ah. Note that TheMightyBanjo* has a join date of this month.

*Welcome to the Playground, by the way. :smallcool:

Mystic Muse
2010-06-09, 02:37 AM
Well as long as there aren't blue furry monster who go 'nomnomnom'' it's ok with me.:smalltongue:

Note to self. Add Blue furry monsters who go "nomnomnom" to game.

rakkoon
2010-06-09, 02:40 AM
Dire raccoons? Raccoon familiar? Magic racoon hat? Sooo many options

Boo
2010-06-09, 05:01 AM

Funny thing: I can only see your Mandolorian avatar as a ninja-turtle. Would that make it a Mando-ninja-turtle? Or a Mando-turtle?

Also: I would have to be your sidekick who is secretly the main antagonist, having orchestrated the whole chain of awful circumstances leading to the death of each individual PC's family/village/loved ones/dog. Or something.

Wandiya
2010-06-09, 05:03 AM
When you start inserting lurkers with absolutey no internet profile at all into your game I will be scared.

Coidzor
2010-06-09, 06:04 AM
*surreptitiously places an order for mask polish with Rutskarn*

Hmm. I might even need to rent a kilt... I wonder which one would go best with that...

Djinn_in_Tonic
2010-06-09, 06:45 AM
This is an awesome thing you've got going here.

May I request that, if you ever throw in a Noble Djinn, that he live in a bottle of fizzy water and wear a fez? :smallbiggrin:

Thufir
2010-06-09, 08:09 AM

I'm tempted to do that in a game now.
Of course, no-one but me would get the reference, but that's similar to various other things in my world design. I put these things in purely for my own amusement.

Dogmantra
2010-06-09, 08:15 AM
This is an awesome thing you've got going here.

May I request that, if you ever throw in a Noble Djinn, that he live in a bottle of fizzy water and wear a fez? :smallbiggrin:

Yeah, and we all know how well that turned out last time. :smallannoyed:
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll78/De_ressurect/dogmantraintoniclarge.png
Still stuck in here you know...

But Froogleyboy, you should totally put a 13 year old Half-Orc with glasses, braces who wears a white shirt and red tie, 'cause that'd be AWESOME.

horngeek
2010-06-09, 08:19 AM
You ask and so shall you receive :) You'll be in my next session

...a Young Adult Gold Dragon who keeps having maidens tied up outside his cave. He commissions the adventurers to tell the townspeople to stop giving him maidens to eat- he's a Good Dragon! :smalltongue:

{{Check my sig for the joke}}

Froogleyboy
2010-06-09, 12:10 PM
You'll all get in eventually :)

Flickerdart
2010-06-09, 12:11 PM
But can you ever get out? Bwahahahahaha!

Raz_Fox
2010-06-09, 07:24 PM
Suggestion: include either a roguish half-elf rogue/wizard named Raz who steals pages from other wizards' spellbooks to make his own makeshift spellbook, or a cute vampire barbarian with the Run feat who dresses in spandex. :smalltongue:

Gamerlord
2010-06-09, 08:29 PM

Any Chaotic neutral half-field hobgoblins who may or may not be mind flayers in it yet?

Maximum Zersk
2010-06-09, 08:36 PM

Yes, but then I must be in my Adeptus Felidae form.

You know, this.

http://i608.photobucket.com/albums/tt165/Zorosuke/MoreDakkaKitteh.png

Mystic Muse
2010-06-09, 08:40 PM
Any Chaotic neutral half-field hobgoblins who may or may not be mind flayers in it yet?

I thought you always maintained that you weren't a mindflayer?

Gamerlord
2010-06-09, 08:41 PM
I thought you always maintained that you weren't a mindflayer?

And you expect to believe someone who may or may not be a mind flayer :smalltongue: ?

Mauve Shirt
2010-06-09, 08:43 PM
I doubt I will ever be included in your game.

Mystic Muse
2010-06-09, 08:44 PM
And you expect to believe someone who may or may not be a mind flayer :smalltongue: ?

I was just curious why the sudden change of pace? I know you're a mind flayer. Or do I?

Gamerlord
2010-06-09, 08:46 PM
I was just curious why the sudden change of pace? I know you're a mind flayer. Or do I?

PROVE IT! You have no evidence! I want a jury of my peers!

Mystic Muse
2010-06-09, 08:48 PM
PROVE IT! You have no evidence! I want a jury of my peers!

Okay.

*Looks at peers*

They're all mind flayers.

The defense rests your honor! (Or would I be the prosecution?)

Cobalt
2010-06-09, 08:49 PM

Of course you will. You will just start as a minor background NPC who wins favor with the players due to being charming and full of wit whenever you appear. You will then gain more lines and eventually become a major(ish) player in the story.

With a longer life expectancy, I might add. This job has perks.

Gamerlord
2010-06-09, 08:49 PM
Okay.

*Looks at peers*

They're all mind flayers.

The defense rests your honor! (Or would I be the prosecution?)

Depends, are you accusing me of being a mind flayer or not?

Mystic Muse
2010-06-09, 08:53 PM
Depends, are you accusing me of being a mind flayer or not?

I'm accusing you of being a Mind flayer.

Gamerlord
2010-06-09, 08:54 PM
I'm accusing you of being a Mind flayer.

Then you are the prosecution.

Also, you don't stand a chance, I own a dictionary of law :smalltongue: !

Froogleyboy
2010-06-09, 08:55 PM

Don't doubt yourself, heck, your a trope for gods sake! :smallbiggrin:

RandomNPC
2010-06-09, 09:08 PM
heh, I am in almost everyones game. Yeay me!

TheMightyBanjo
2010-06-09, 09:15 PM
Ah. Note that TheMightyBanjo* has a join date of this month.

*Welcome to the Playground, by the way. :smallcool:

Thanks! Finished reading OoTS a few days ago.. good stuff.

Ashen Lilies
2010-06-09, 09:40 PM
...a Young Adult Gold Dragon who keeps having maidens tied up outside his cave. He commissions the adventurers to tell the townspeople to stop giving him maidens to eat- he's a Good Dragon! :smalltongue:

{{Check my sig for the joke}}

Wait, did you let all the Succubi we tied up outside your cave to be destroyed free?
:eek:

Coidzor
2010-06-09, 09:58 PM
Wait, did you let all the Succubi we tied up outside your cave to be destroyed free?

No, I think he just eats his maidens without bothering to put the stuffing in before baking them.

Starscream
2010-06-09, 10:06 PM
I doubt I will ever be included. Unless you are running a Transformers RPG, in which case my presence is pretty much inevitable.

Although my name is also a trope. Got any scheming second-in-commands bucking for a promotion the easy way? That's me.:smallwink:

But if we're talking about a Playground self, it would be some sort of shapeshifter who can't settle on an appearance (see my gallery of past avatars.)

Maximum Zersk
2010-06-09, 10:08 PM
I doubt I will ever be included. Unless you are running a Transformers RPG, in which case my presence is pretty much inevitable.

Although my name is also a trope. Got any scheming second-in-commands bucking for a promotion the easy way? That's me.:smallwink:

But if we're talking about a Playground self, it would be some sort of shapeshifter who can't settle on an appearance (see my gallery of past avatars.)

Wouldn't it be awesome if you appeared as a Japanese Schoolgirl Otaku? :smalltongue:

Coidzor
2010-06-09, 10:09 PM
Well, you've gotta admit, most forumites are pretty much already in a constant "Snarky Bar Patron" mode... So a fair few of us could be slipped into the tableau of taverns.

RabbitHoleLost
2010-06-09, 10:18 PM
Funny thing: I can only see your Mandolorian avatar as a ninja-turtle. Would that make it a Mando-ninja-turtle? Or a Mando-turtle?

Also: I would have to be your sidekick who is secretly the main antagonist, having orchestrated the whole chain of awful circumstances leading to the death of each individual PC's family/village/loved ones/dog. Or something.

Yeah. When I first saw Melvin, I thought he looked like a ninja turtle, too :smalltongue:
He's not nearly as awesome, though. Can't do a thing right to save his life.

Also, we'd be the best villain duo ever.

Starscream
2010-06-10, 12:13 AM
Wouldn't it be awesome if you appeared as a Japanese Schoolgirl Otaku? :smalltongue:

If I ever become aware that people I've never met are playing role-playing games featuring a Japanese Schoolgirl Otaku NPC inspired by my former avatar on a forum about stick figure comics, then I will need to really re-evaluate the decisions that brought me to this point.

Seriously, I'm heading straight to the bathroom to splash water on my face and stare at myself in the mirror, like people in movies do when they've just killed someone for the first time.

Froogleyboy
2010-06-10, 12:29 AM
If I ever become aware that people I've never met are playing role-playing games featuring a Japanese Schoolgirl Otaku NPC inspired by my former avatar on a forum about stick figure comics, then I will need to really re-evaluate the decisions that brought me to this point.

Seriously, I'm heading straight to the bathroom to splash water on my face and stare at myself in the mirror, like people in movies do when they've just killed someone for the first time.

looks like I've got a new NPC

horngeek
2010-06-10, 02:34 AM

Them, I imprison.

With plenty of fail-safes to stop them from seducing me, don't worry.

The ones who are, in fact, human/elven/whatever isn't Always Evil (and you can never tell, even then. I remember this Paladin who was a Beholder, once), I let go.

But even if they are embodiments of evil, they're helpless prisoners! :smalltongue:

shadow_archmagi
2010-06-10, 08:55 AM
I demand that you incorporate the Spare Mayor into your game, as indicated by my glorious sash.