PDA

View Full Version : Escape! (IC)

Pages : [1] 2

Ether
2010-06-08, 11:01 PM
The IC thread for Escape!

Ether
2010-06-08, 11:15 PM
It was a normal day but suddenly you are arrested and thrown in jail. All hope seems lost but just as the prison bars close there’s a blinding flash. When you regain your vision, you find the bars open, yourself fully equipped, and bewildered guards standing in front of you.

Map
http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/8696/map01.jpg (http://img46.imageshack.us/i/map01.jpg/)

Roll initiative.

docHigh
2010-06-09, 12:24 AM
As Lorwen gains conscious he continues what is on his mind ".. i swear. I did not mean to .. ".

Initiative:
[roll0]

Ridai
2010-06-09, 01:38 AM
Unfortunately, injustice isn't exactly uncommon in the world. Mika has been sitting quietly, motionlessly in her cell, meditating but closely observing the guards and her cellmate. There would be a moment when the chance to escape will come, so that she can continue her journey. When the chance presents itself, albeit in a rather unusual fashion, the tall, muscular woman is suddenly on her feet and in the guards' faces, pummeling them with unusually strong punches and kicks. Better to take the chance and get out (preferably also helping the woman she was arrested with to escape too), than to rot in this cell.

Initiative: [roll0]

Mika uses Five Storms to shift a square to 2 horizontal/4 vertical and attack both guards. Flurry of Blows against the guard on the right (+6 damage).
Attack vs. Reflex [roll1]
Damage rolls [roll2] [roll3]

AbsentiaMentis
2010-06-09, 02:18 AM
As the Shaiith was thrown in jail she noticed her jailmate. A Gnome? Ofcourse, she thought, you can't judge a tome by it's cover but still. How can anyone be afraid of something that's 3 feet tall? I mean.. Suddenly, a blinding flash appeared! As the flash knocked the warlock on her knees, she straightened herself. As she stood up again, she noticed that the bars were opened and she had her belongings with her once more! Hmm, Lolth is in my favor today, giving me the means to escape! Now to think of something to get away from this place...

Initiative: 1D20+2 = 3 (http://4e.orokos.com/roll/18621) - Hah! Critical Failure on my first roll! :p

She likes to talk in Magenta and she thinks in italics

AbsentiaMentis
2010-06-09, 02:35 AM
I forgot:
Ready!

docHigh
2010-06-09, 03:34 AM
Why are the guards so wild? Did i sing another song? Nah.. i hope not. With a glance towards the cell-mate, he makes the best not to show concerns. Drow.. now this should be interesting..

Lorwen tries to understand what is happening in the jail, if there is any sounds of fighting to be heard, what do the guards look like (body-build, equipment).
Perception:
[roll0]
Insight to understand if the guards seem hostile or are there to set us free:
[roll1]

Ready!

AbsentiaMentis
2010-06-09, 07:13 AM
As she saw and heard that others were trying to escape, the Shaiith prepared herself for combat and targeted the guards. The Shaiith muttered something under her breath right before she raised her hand and fires a crackling dark bolt of energy at the nearest guard.

Free action: Pull up her hood.

Minor action: Warlock's Curse (+1D6 to damage roll) - Target: Guard Type A on (6,5)

Standard action: Eldritch Blast (Charisma vs Reflex) - Target: Guard Type A on (6,5)

Attack Roll: 1d20+6 = 19 (http://4e.orokos.com/roll/18631) HIT!

Damage Roll: 1d10+6 + 1d6 +1 (Prime Shot) (http://4e.orokos.com/roll/18632) = 12 damage!

Ether
2010-06-09, 07:17 AM
Why are the guards so wild? Did i sing another song? Nah.. i hope not. With a glance towards the cell-mate, he makes the best not to show concerns. Drow.. now this should be interesting..

Lorwen tries to understand what is happening in the jail, if there is any sounds of fighting to be heard, what do the guards look like (body-build, equipment).
Perception:
[roll0]
Insight to understand if the guards seem hostile or are there to set us free:
[roll1]

Ready!

Perception: Lorwen hears the sounds of fighting. He sees that the guards before him are wearing light armor and wielding longswords. But as he was being taken to his cell he did notice 2 guards in chainmail and one that looked like a mage.

Insight:Seeing as the guards have drawn their weapons and are moving towards him, Lorwen understands that they are extremely hostile

chaoswizard259
2010-06-09, 07:42 AM
Looking up quickly at the flash of light, and suddenly feeling the familiar weight of his gear, Terios stands up to his full height and, drawing his falchion, steps forward and cuts at the guard, yelling You would lay your hands on ME!!!

Initiative: 1d20+2
Shift diagonal right-down.
Melee Basic: [roll0] vs AC
Damage: [roll1]

Ether
2010-06-09, 08:22 AM
chaoswizard259, please fix your initiative roll. Also you have to move to a valid square to attack the Guard at (10,5).

docHigh
2010-06-09, 10:18 AM
Noticing the drawn longswords Lorwen raises his shield a little higher, waves the wand towards one of the guards and taunts him. Are you trying to compensate something with that LONG sword?!

Standard: Vicious Mockery against guard 5,5.
Attack: [roll0]
On hit: target takes a –2 penalty to attack rolls until the end of my next turn.
Move: move to 6,4.

Hey lady, try not to stab me :smallwink: and lets get out of here.
Ready!

terrag25
2010-06-09, 01:49 PM
Jair
Almost as startled as the guards Jair, a tall handsome Deva in a long cloak over leather armor, looks on in amazement as the martial artist next to him launches herself on the hapless guards.
Not normally so direct, but I suppose this is a good opportunity.
He focuses his will through his recently materialized orb, projecting his words and emotions into the minds of the guards before him.
Why fight? This can only end in pain - pain and death. Do not struggle. Do not fight.

[roll0]
Standard: Dishearten Augment 1 attacks go left to right
[roll1] vs. Will
[roll2] vs. Will
[roll3] psychic damage
If hit the guards take a -2 penalty to attack rolls and cannot make opportunity attacks until the end of my next turn.

chaoswizard259
2010-06-09, 07:02 PM
INitiative: [roll0]

Ether
2010-06-09, 07:46 PM
Initiative

Guard Type A: [roll0]

Guard Type B: [roll1]

Guard Type C: [roll2]

Ether
2010-06-10, 05:42 AM
"The prisoners have their weapons and are trying to escape," someone shouted.

Immediately Guard Type C snaps to attention. {He moves to (15,5) and waits.}

Lorwen implies something untoward about Guard Type A, but his insult finds no purchase. {A 9 doesn't hit. Lorwen misses and moves to (6,4).}

"No prisoner has every escaped this prison. You won't be the exception," a Guard Type B says. He moves and attacks Terios with his halberd. {He moves to (9,5). Rolls a 29. Hits. Terios takes 13 damage, and he is marked until the end of the guard's next turn.}

The other Guard Type B readies himself. {He moves to (16,4).}

Meanwhile Jair's telepathic manipulation is successful and the guards drop and begin to contemplate the meaning of lift . {A 16 & a 19 hit. The guards take 7 psychic damage and fall.}

Not appreciating Lorwen's quip, the Guard Type A and his buddy attacks him. {Guard Type A moves to (5,4) and attacks Lorwen. Rolls a 14. Misses.}
{Guard Type A attacks Lorwen. Rolls a 9. Misses.}

The last Guard Type A readies himself. {He moves to (10,5)}

Adjusting Action: {Terios shifts to (9,4). He attacks but a 11 misses.}

Adjusting Action: {Mika moves to (5,5). She uses 5 Storms but misses both guards.}

Shaiith's dark power curses Guard Type A. She then fires off a blast of eldritch energy which destroys him. {A 19 hits. Guard Type A takes 11 damage and dies} I'm ignoring the OA that the other Guard Type A would get.

Map
http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/626/map02.jpg (http://img252.imageshack.us/i/map02.jpg/)

Guard Type C
Lorwen
Guard Type B
Jair
Guard Type A
Terios
Mika
Shaiith

AbsentiaMentis
2010-06-10, 06:51 AM
"If you do want to get out of here," she said right before she went up into thin air leaving nothing behind but a few slivers of silvery smoke, "you will need to do something better than tell old jokes." Suddenly she stood outside the jail as she muttered something again. She let go of another bolt aimed at the nearest guard as she walked back down the corridor past the range of the other guards. She was surpassed by another prisoner, heading right at them. "Hmm, not your average crowd for this town. This could be fun!"

Free Action: Imp. Misty Step: Teleport 5 squares when Curse target dies. -> Teleport to (6,5)

Minor Action: Warlock's Curse (+1d6 dmg) -> Guard Type A (5,4) (If Lorwen kills him: Target G-B (9,5)

Standard Action: Eldritch Blast -> Guard Type A (5,4) (If Lorwen kills him: Target G-B (9,5)

Attack: 1d20+6 vs Reflex: (http://4e.orokos.com/roll/18667) 22! HIT!

Dmg: 1d10+6+1d6+1: (http://4e.orokos.com/roll/18668) 21! Sorry, that's with Prime Shot, so it should be 20. Still good enough though :p

Move Action: Move to (4,6)

chaoswizard259
2010-06-10, 08:31 AM
Flinching from the powerful blow from the guard, He quickly recovered and set his sword sweeping across both of his closest targets. "Let me show you a REAL strike!!!"

Sweeping Blow Close Burst 1
[roll0]
damage: [roll1]

chaoswizard259
2010-06-10, 08:43 AM
[roll0]
Going left to right

docHigh
2010-06-10, 09:15 AM
Lorwen
Fainting a suprise the small gnome shouts to the guard Look out, behind you!

Attack will prove AO.
Standard: Misdirected Mark
On hit the target is marked by an ally (Mika) within 5 squares of you until the end of your next turn.
Move: Move to 4,5.
Ready!

Ridai
2010-06-10, 09:26 AM
Recognizing the guard in front of her as just a small fly, Mika suddenly and swiftly moves over to the guard that taunted the minotaur so that she is opposite to the powerful being. "Let me assist," he can hear the muscular woman say in a strong, deep voice as she becomes a blur of motion for a moment, placing a surgical, crushing strike right into the guard's small of the back.

Mika uses the Movement Technique of Open the Gates of Battle to move to 9/6 to flank the guard, ignoring the first OA she would cause due to her movement. After that, she uses the Attack Technique of Open the Gates of Battle against Guard Type B.

Attack vs. Reflex [roll0] (includes CA bonus from flanking the enemy)
Damage [roll1] damage + [roll2] if enemy is at full HP when Mika hits + 6 from Flurry of Blows.

terrag25
2010-06-10, 11:27 AM
Jair
A fleeting smirk of triumph passes over Jair's face as the rubes before him collapse, but, still hearing the sounds of battle he takes a peak around the corner.
Oh hells, they have a mage.
Well, nothing for it.
The Deva imperiously strides from his cell, orb flaring with psionic might.
You seek to imprison ME? Paltry mortal fools, do you not realize that by hindering me you hinder the gods themselves?
With that he beckons, and a great telekinetic mass smashes down on the mage and his bodyguard.
Move to 6,6
Standard to Force Hammer Type C and Type B down the hall w/ 15,4 as the origin square
[roll0] vs. Fort.
[roll1] vs. Fort.
[roll2] Force Damage. Those hit are slowed through my next turn.

Ether
2010-06-10, 01:45 PM
Furious over the situation, the guard mage gathers his power and directs it at Mika.

{Guard Type C casts Magic Missile. Target Mika. Rolls a 19 vs Reflex. The Magic Missile hits. Mika takes 11 Force Damage.)

Just before Lorwen can lift his wand, the guard next to him slashes at him.

{Guard Type A opportunistically attacks Lorwen. Rolls a 25 vs AC. The attacks hits. Lorwen takes 6 damage and turns invisible.}

In response Lorwen turns invisible and tries to trick the guard but fails. He then moves.

{Lorwen's invisiblity ends. Lorwen's misdirection misses, and he moves to (4,5)}

The first Guard Type B continues his assault on Terios while the other gets into position.

{Guard Type B attacks Terios. Rolls a 10 vs AC. Misses.}

{The second Guard Type B moves to (11,6)}

Jair moves and the brings his psychic might down on the mage.

{Jair moves to (6,6). He attacks Guard Type C with force hammer. Hits. The guard mage takes 9 Force Damage and is slowed until the end of Jair's next turn}

Seeing her destroy his buddy, Guard Type A moves and tries to kill Shaiith.

{Guard Type A shifts to (5,3) and attacks Shaiith. Rolls a 14 vs AC. Misses.}

The other Guard Type A teams with his boss and tries to chop up Terios.

{Guard Type A moves to (10,4) and attacks Terios. Rolls a 19 vs AC. Hits. Terios takes 6 damage.}

In an attempt to hit both his assailants, Terios puts all his might into a swing.

{Terios attacks Guard Type B and Guard Type A. He misses Guard Type B but hits Guard Type A. Guard Type A falls.}

Mika flips and dashes until she right behind Guard Type B. She pounces on him.

{Mika moves to (9,4). She uses pen the Gates of Battle against Guard Type B. Hits. Guard Type B takes 28 damage. He's bloodied.}

Shaiith vanishes then reappears further away. She whispers and crackling, dark bolts stream from her hand towards the last Guard Type A.

{Shaiith teleports to (6,5). She curses Guard Type A. Then she attacks him with Eldritch Blast. Hit. The last Guard Type A falls.}

Map
http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/8081/mapa03.jpg (http://img821.imageshack.us/i/mapa03.jpg/)

Guard Type C
Lorwen
Guard Type B (x2)
Jair
Terios
Mika
Shaiith

docHigh
2010-06-10, 02:14 PM
Lorwen
Round3.

Despite the tricks and taunts he still hasn't managed to find a safe route out of the jail. Feeling the pain of the sword-cut Lorwen takes cover behind one corner. Seeing another guard being dropped and bolts whistling through the air Lorwen makes a few steps closer to the exit.
Turning to Terios he encourages: "Rise up! Rise up against the oppression and cut your way free!"

.. and then turns towards the mage: "You seem like a reasonable fellow. Would you care to discuss your terms of surrender?" and points his wand towards him.

Move: move to 7,6
Minor: Majestic Word to Terios
The target can spend a healing surge and regain additional hit points equal to your Charisma modifier (+5).
You also slide the target 1 square (Terios to 10,4).
Standard: Impelling Force (Cha vs Fort) against mage-Guard C
Damage: [roll1] slide the target 5 squares to a space adjacent to one of your allies (10,5).

If standard hits
Action point:
Blunder (Cha vs Will) against mage-Guard C
Attack: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3], and you slide the target 2 squares (to 9,3).
During the slide, Terios can make a melee basic attack against the target as a free action, with a +4 power bonus to the attack roll (due to Virtue of cunning 1+INT).

Ridai
2010-06-10, 03:12 PM
HP 23/34, Healing Surges 8/8 (8 HP), Action Points 1
AC 19, Fort 16, Ref 17, Will 15
Conditions -

Mika clenches her teeth as she feels the destructive magic hit, but the fact that it barely causes any reaction speaks volumes of her discipline and tenacity.

If there are two enemies near Mika she can both reach with 2 squares of movement and attack at once with a close burst 1:

Seeing the opportunity, Mika assumes a stable stance with a resounding stomp, striking both her adversaries at the same time with enough force to knock even the strongest men of their feet. Immediately following the manenuver is a barrage of strikes and kicks, aiming to finish the battle sooner rather than later and her motions being so quick and numerous that those of her newfound allies that are nearby can feel the winds caused by them.

If there is only one enemy near her:

As most of their enemies are already defeated, the mage is actually the most dangerous target in the battle. Moving past what is left of the regular guards, Mika goes straight for the spellweaver, suddenly being very close to him and immediately attacking him with a brutal punch to simply smash him to the ground. Unwilling to allow the mage to counterattack, she raises a leg so it is almost parallel to her upper body and sends it crashing down onto her adversary to knock the wind out of him.

If the first case is true at the start of Mika's turn, Mika uses the Movement Technique of Eternal Mountain to position herself (shift 2 squares) so that both enemies are within range and to gain resist (all) 3 until the end of her next turn. After that she uses the Attack Technique of Eternal Mountain:
Attacks vs. Fortitude [roll0], [roll1]
[roll2] damage and knock prone

Followed by the use of an action point to use Five Storms:
Attacks vs. Reflex [roll3], [roll4] (+2 if targets are prone)
Damage [roll5] (+6 damage from Flurry of Blows against the most wounded looking enemy)

If the second case is true at the start of Mika's turn, Mika moves next to the mage and uses the Attack Technique of Eternal Mountain:
Attack vs. Fortitude [roll6], [roll7] damage and knock prone.

Followed by the use of an action point to use Crane's Wings (choosing not to push the mage):
Attack vs. Fortitude [roll8] (+2 is mage is prone), Damage [roll9]

(+6 damage from Flurry of Blows as soon as it can be applied after either attack)

AbsentiaMentis
2010-06-10, 07:20 PM
The Shaiith walked up the corridor as she started to dissappear. She passed the guards and suddenly evaporated again. They saw a flash of her in the middle of the room right before it all turned darker than the night.

"The Gnome is right," she said as the darkness surrounded them, "you can save your life if you talk. But I'd rather you didn't, because then I get to pluck it out myself..."

Move Action: Move to (10,6) -> Shadow walk - When move +3 you gain concealment.

Free Action: Imp. Misty Step -> Teleport to (14,5)

Minor Action: Cloud of Darkness -> Close burst 1 shroud.

SkillCheck : Intimidate (+13) -> 1d20+13 = 14 (http://4e.orokos.com/roll/18689) vs Will (O.M.G. A natural 1.)

terrag25
2010-06-10, 08:04 PM
Jair
Crying I've a feeling a bolt of force is the least of his tricks. Bring down that mage! Jair puts actions to words and focuses much of his remaining power into a series of psionic thrusts before ducking out of danger.

Standard to Mind Thrust Augment 2 at the mage
[roll0] vs. Will (only +5 due to cover provided by the other guards)
[roll1] Psychic damage. On a hit the mage takes a -3 penalty to all defenses through my next turn.
Followed by an action point to hit the mage with a second mind thrust if he's still standing
[roll2] vs. Will
[roll3] psychic damage.
Then if the mage is alive I'll move to 6,3, if dead I'll move to 2,5
NB if adjacent to a guard at the start of my turn, I'll just shift back 1 and still go for this

chaoswizard259
2010-06-11, 12:06 PM
Feeling inspired by the little man's words, Terios quickly strikes at the offending guard.

If the guard is not dead.

Seeing the guard tenaciously stay up, he sends his sword back the other direction, a powerful backhanded blow.

move or shift as necessary for strike
Standard:Sure Strike(Str vs AC) against closest guard

If still alive.
Action Point:Reaping Strike(Str vs AC) same target
Damage: [roll3] on miss inflict STR dam:5

chaoswizard259
2010-06-11, 12:08 PM

Damage: [roll3]

Ether
2010-06-12, 09:26 AM
Lorwen

The mage guard raises his hand. A shield appears before him, blocking the force bolt.

{Lorwen moves to (7,6). He uses Majestic Word on Terios. Terios regains 15 HP and is slid to (10,4). Lorwen uses Impelling Force on Guard Type C. Misses.}

Mika

Mika's assault blows one of the guards off his feet permanently, but the other evades.

{Mika uses Eternal Mountain to move to (10,6) and attacks both Guard Type Bs. She misses the one at (11,6) but hits the one at (9,5). He takes 21 damage, is knocked prone, and falls unconscious)

Slippery as oil, the remaining guard dodges all but one of Mika's strikes.

{Mika uses an Action Point to preform Five Storms on the last Guard Type B. She misses. She then uses flurry of blows. The guard takes 6 damage.}

Shaiith

The mage guard tell himself that it's going to be alright and waves off Shaiith's words.

{Shaiith moves to (10,6) and then teleports to (14,5). She uses cloud of darkness and tires to intimidate Guard Type C but fails.}

Jair

With a cloud of darkness covering the mage guard, Jair holds his attack.

With the new combat rules, your attacks miss. That's not really fair so next time you can take your turn take two turns.

Terios

The guard parries Terios' backhanded blow but gets hit by the follow up.

{Terios moves to (12,6). He uses sure strike on Guard Type C. Misses. Terios uses an Action Point. He attacks the guard with reaping strike. Hits. The guard takes 12 damage.}

Guard Type C

Seeing that he's vastly out numbered, the mage guard runs out the door.

{Guard Type C shifts to (15,6) and then moves to (15,8) and exits the encounter}

Guard Type B

Alone and scared, the last guard tries to run out the door.

{Guard Type B shifts to (12,5) and then moves to (14,8). Along the way he provokes an OA from Shaiith. She hits him for 4 damage, but he keeps on going and exits the encounter.}

The encounter is over! You gain 665 XP.

Status

Terios: 39/43 HP 12/13 Healing Surges

Jair: The next time he takes a turn he take two turns

Mika: 23/34 HP

Lorwen: 26/32 HP

Ridai
2010-06-12, 09:52 AM
HP 23/34, Healing Surges 8/8 (8 HP), Action Points 1
Conditions -

Mika straightens up and surveys the scene for a moment as she walks into the room, away from the cell corridor. She tries to remember where the other woman has been taken, but gives the other people she fought with a polite bow first. "Thank you for your help. We should hurry, though I'd like to look for a woman also detained in this building on the way." Her strong voice is surprisingly even and gentle for someone who fights armed men with just her bare fists. That said, Mika glances down the corridors to look for any threats and a possible way out.

Unless Lorwen patches her up, Mika spends a healing surge.

Doesn't Guard Type B provoke an OA from Mika for running away?

Ether
2010-06-12, 10:56 AM
He shifted and then spent his standard action to move again.

AbsentiaMentis
2010-06-12, 12:22 PM
The Shaiith saw how 2 of the guards ran outside the door. "I suppose they will bring back some friends. Nice, I´d love to play some more!" she thought to herself. She looked around and found herself surprised looking at the fellow inmates. "A Gnome, a Deva and to top it off a Minotaur... Heh, no wonder they put you guys in jail" she snirked. "And you, Human, you're not even out yet and you're playing the hero? Humans. Always the noblemen."
She walked back into the corridor as she inaudibly muttered "Noblemen. Heh. More like the noble nitwits.."
The Shaiith walked into a cell, ripped apart the linnen from the beds and used them to hogtie the guard. She bound the guards mouth and proceeded to slap him untill he woke up.
"You. We need to talk to you. What was that flash just now? Did you guys do that?" she said as she kicked him in the shins. "Who do you work for and how many people are in this building? Where is your armory? If you don't answer us I'll make sure that Lolth will send her deadliest minions and you will feel how it's like to be spun in a cocoon and be drank to death..."

Skill Check = Intimidate Guard = *crossing fingers* = [roll0]

(Not at own pc atm and didn't remember PW of my usual dice roller)

AbsentiaMentis
2010-06-12, 12:25 PM
After which the Shaiith removed the gag for the guard to speak.

...She can be such a dumbass...

Ether
2010-06-12, 01:19 PM
The guard spat at her. "You stupid drow. How would I know what that flash was? Do I look like I know magic? And why would we be responsible? It freed you!"

He winced as she kicked him. "When my friends rescue me, I'm going gut you nice and slow."

Ridai
2010-06-12, 03:27 PM
Mika is unfazed by the drow's comments. While she keeps an open mind, the other woman made it difficult by stumbling from one of the many prejudices against drow to the next. Hopefully, her race's cunning and intelligence will soon follow, as they would be quite practical in this situation.

"Shh, footsteps aren't as loud as your voice," she says to the drow in the same even voice as before. Mika walks over to the door and, after listening for approaching guards, eyes the room beyond if she hears none. If there is no one to be seen, she takes a few, silent steps outside to get a picture of the interior and their situation.

Using Stealth, just in case: [roll0]

Ether
2010-06-12, 03:56 PM
Mika hears nothing and sees no one.

When she steps out of the room, she is in a corridor. A trail of blood colors the floor and leads to a closed door.

Ridai
2010-06-12, 05:21 PM
HP 31/34, Healing Surges 7/8 (8 HP), Action Points 1
Conditions -

Mika gestures the others towards her to tell them the coast is (somewhat) clear. After pressing her ear against the door the trail leads to, she carefully opens it once the others decide to exit the room they are in.

docHigh
2010-06-12, 06:14 PM
After seeing all rest of the guards running away, Lorwen puts away his wand and takes out the flute. He starts to play a soft melody for a couple of minutes, faint enough for everybody close-by to hear.

"It might seem odd, but this melody always helps me regain my focus. I hope the effect on you is the same."

After the song, Lorwen spends one healing surge and is again back to full HP.
All who spend healing surge (including Mika), get extra +5 HP if you heard the song (Song of Rest).

After the song, Lorwen checks for any valuables in the room but stays away from the door leading to the corridor.

Perception to find gold, scrolls, documents on fallen guards, table in the room + cupboards in the room.
[roll0]
Arcana check to understand what the scrolls are (if i find)
[roll1]

Looking at the other ex-prisoners he wearily asks: "We should head out of this place. Together we will have greater chance for success. I don't know what you were in for, but as i was put here for no reason, i assume you are mostly innocent as well. Correct?! "

Seeing the drow interrogating the guard, the small gnome decides it to be better no to interfere.

Seeing the monk close to the door, Lorwen asks to wait a little. After ran-sacking the room, he lines up just behind the her. "They will be waiting outside. Take care! I'll watch your back."

HP 32/32, Healing Surges 7/8 (8 HP), Action Points 1
AC 18, Fort 11, Ref 16, Will 17
Conditions -

AbsentiaMentis
2010-06-12, 07:35 PM
The Shaiith gagged the guard again and drew her sickle. As she cupped the guards chin in the sickle's inner curve you could see the fear in the guards eyes and the twinkle in hers. In one elegant swoop she slit the guards throat.
She cleaned her sickle with some of the leftover linnen before she put it away again, listening to the joyfull sound of Bard's song combined with the gargeling guard. "Sure I'm innocent. The only thing I did was clean up some thugs."

She walked to the door as she spoke to the Monk: "So, a bloodied, closed hallway? Nothing like the sound of a trap to raise the spirits." If her hood wasn't drawn you would have seen the faintest hint of a smile.

Ready!

HP 33/33, Healing Surges 6/6 (8 HP), Action Points 1
AC 15, Fort 11, Ref 14, Will 17
Conditions -

Ether
2010-06-12, 11:36 PM
After the song, Lorwen checks for any valuables in the room but stays away from the door leading to the corridor.

Perception to find gold, scrolls, documents on fallen guards, table in the room + cupboards in the room.
[roll0]
Arcana check to understand what the scrolls are (if i find)
[roll1]

Lorwen finds 25 gold on the guards.

Ridai
2010-06-13, 02:21 AM
HP 34/34, Healing Surges 7/8 (8 HP), Action Points 1
Conditions -

As Mika hears the pleasant song, she feels the pain of her wounds disappear completely. "Thank you," she says to the gnome with a nod. "I saw a so-called nobleman and his guards threaten a woman. I knocked out the guards, but the city guard arrived shortly after and the man's opinion weighed more than our's." Mika explains it quickly, keeping her voice low. The gnome's heart is in the right place.

Seeing the gratuitous way the drow executes the helpless guard, Mika makes a mental note that the other woman has the personality of a self-absorbed attack dog, which, if directed well, will at least help clear a way until they can all escape. Mika waits for the rest of the group to be ready.

Ether
2010-06-13, 01:51 PM
At first Mika hears nothing, but as she opens the door there's an explosion, and the charred bodies of the escaped guards fly into the room and hit the wall.

A large groups marches in after them. In the front are 6 soldiers. Behind them are a mage, a warrior, and a prostitute.

"Is it in here?" asked the warrior.

The mage closes his eyes. After a second he shakes his head. "No, I guess it was the previous room after all."

Ridai
2010-06-13, 02:21 PM
A frown and a questioning look form on Mika's face. "What is happening here?" As she sees the woman accompanying the group, she says with a faint smile "Ah, it's good to see you were able to escape."

Ether
2010-06-13, 02:40 PM
The woman does not respond. Her eyes are glazed.

The mage looks to the group. "What's this more guards? Wait, no you all aren't properly dressed. Prisoner then?"

docHigh
2010-06-13, 02:44 PM
Seeing the new group send guards flying across the room, Lorwen decides it is now turn to use his specialization. Addressing mainly the mage he starts:

Gentlemen and Ladies, i understand you are the cause of the recent flash? In this case, i must thank you from the bottom of my heart for undoing the injustice that had befallen on me.
If you will not mind, could you explain what has caused the assault on this jail for such group as you and what is happening outside? And what is this thing that you are looking in here?

Bluff to keep claiming my innocence:
[roll0]
Diplomacy: i use Words Of Friendship (+5 to diplomacy for Lorwen) to gather some information from the group and leave a positive impression of the "prisoners"
[roll1]
Arcana: check to understand what mage was doing:
[roll2]

Ridai
2010-06-13, 03:16 PM
"We escaped a moment ago, yes. Now, what happened to her?" Mika's voice is a bit harsher than before, the frown replacing the questioning look more and more.

Ether
2010-06-13, 04:46 PM
"A bard, a pretender who claims to know magic." The mage laughs. "Let's see how stupid you are. What do you know of the Shadow Tablet?"

Lorwen's Arcana
Lorwen understands that mage was searching for a planar gateway.

The Shadow Tablet Arcana/Religion 15
The Shadow Tablet is a necromantic artifact from an ancient kingdom. When the kingdom fell, the tablet was sealed away.

The Shadow Tablet Arcana/Religion 20
The Shadow Tablet gives its wielder the ability to bind powerful undead to his service.

The Shadow Tablet Arcana/Religion 25
The Shadow Tablet was sealed in a pocket dimension, whose entrance is ever shifting.

AbsentiaMentis
2010-06-13, 07:08 PM
As soon as the Drow heared the Mage talk about the Shadow Tablet she stepped back into the shadow trying to disappear and listen closely to gain more knowledge about that which they seek.

Skill check - Stealth +4 (crappy, I know) = 5! Hahahahahahahaha.. (http://4e.orokos.com/roll/18759)
Skill check - Religion +3 (The Shadow Tablet. Undead means religion :o ) = 15! (http://4e.orokos.com/roll/18758)

if needed: Initiative check - 17! Nice. (http://4e.orokos.com/roll/18774)

Ether
2010-06-13, 09:05 PM
"We escaped a moment ago, yes. Now, what happened to her?" Mika's voice is a bit harsher than before, the frown replacing the questioning look more and more.

"Nothing. I rescued her before the guards touched her," said the Mage. "In return she's agreed to help me with a little problem. Worry not about her condition. She's only under a spell."

Ether
2010-06-13, 09:17 PM
As soon as the Drow heared the Mage talk about the Shadow Tablet she stepped back into the shadow trying to disappear and listen closely to gain more knowledge about that which they seek.

Skill check - Stealth +4 (crappy, I know) = 5! Hahahahahahahaha.. (http://4e.orokos.com/roll/18759)
Skill check - Religion +3 (The Shadow Tablet. Undead means religion :o ) = 15! (http://4e.orokos.com/roll/18758)

if needed: Initiative check - 17! Nice. (http://4e.orokos.com/roll/18774)

"Who's that trying to sneak away? A warlock?" The mage laughed. "Is a sorcerer back there as well? Then the trinity of pretenders will be complete."

Through her religious training, Shaiith knows all the information described in the The Shadow Tablet Arcana/Religion 15 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8694045&postcount=48) box.

docHigh
2010-06-13, 11:44 PM
Lorwen
Conditions -

The mage speaks of true wielders of magic, throwing insults left and right. Who in the nine-hells he thinks he is? I'll remember you and one day, i'll show you what true magic means .. Lorwen thinks. Though it grievously hurts, Lorwen recognizes that in current situation fighting overwhelming forces at best would only lead to another capture if not death.

"I've heard of such great artifact. It is rumored to have belonged to an ancient kingdom. After the overthrowing of its queen.. or was it a king now.. the magical tablet was sealed away since the power it held would be too much for a mere mortal to handle. Or such was the story i heard from my mentor. Why do you think it would be here?

Or are you hoping to find the gateway that would lead to it?

In any case, I, and i hope i speak for all of the prisoners, will not stand in your way for whatever you are doing. Now, if I could just pass you and walk out of this damned place."

terrag25
2010-06-14, 12:14 AM
Jair eyes the ensorcelled woman warily, untrusting of the mental manipulations of a would-be necromancer. Cautiously he opens his mind to the strangers in front of him, gauging their intent, and attempting to learn what hold they have over the prostitute.

waiting to see what info I have about this mysterious shadow tablet before Jair replies
[Roll=Insight]d20+8 @ Mika's friend
d20+8 @ The mysterious mage

terrag25
2010-06-14, 12:30 AM
And now with actual rolls for the Insight
@ Mage [roll0]
@ Mika's Friend [roll1]

Ridai
2010-06-14, 02:24 AM
"Mind controlling someone who has agreed to help doesn't make much sense and makes the caster appear rather dubious, don't you agree?" Mika's face is like a mask, she doesn't believe the mage one bit. She is also rather close to the group. "Also, how could a prostitute 'help' a self-proclaimed mighty mage, I wonder."

Ether
2010-06-14, 06:10 AM
And now with actual rolls for the Insight
@ Mage [roll0]
@ Mika's Friend [roll1]

Jair's Insight

@Mage: You get the sense that there's is a lot the mage isn't saying. You also get the feeling that for the moment the mage means you no harm.

@Mika's Friend: You know that she is under some kind of the mind control spell, but the exact mechanics of it elude you.

"Mind controlling someone who has agreed to help doesn't make much sense and makes the caster appear rather dubious, don't you agree?" Mika's face is like a mask, she doesn't believe the mage one bit. She is also rather close to the group. "Also, how could a prostitute 'help' a self-proclaimed mighty mage, I wonder."

"That's not your concern," said the mage.

Ether
2010-06-14, 06:18 AM
Lorwen
Conditions -

The mage speaks of true wielders of magic, throwing insults left and right. Who in the nine-hells he thinks he is? I'll remember you and one day, i'll show you what true magic means .. Lorwen thinks. Though it grievously hurts, Lorwen recognizes that in current situation fighting overwhelming forces at best would only lead to another capture if not death.

"I've heard of such great artifact. It is rumored to have belonged to an ancient kingdom. After the overthrowing of its queen.. or was it a king now.. the magical tablet was sealed away since the power it held would be too much for a mere mortal to handle. Or such was the story i heard from my mentor. Why do you think it would be here?

Or are you hoping to find the gateway that would lead to it?

In any case, I, and i hope i speak for all of the prisoners, will not stand in your way for whatever you are doing. Now, if I could just pass you and walk out of this damned place."

"So you do know things Bard." The mage and his cortege stepped aside. "I have no business with you. Go and and make sure you don't doddle. I won't want you to get caught up in anything."

AbsentiaMentis
2010-06-14, 10:08 AM
"A Warlock? Ah, dear sir, I think you for your kindness! I'm just a mere innocent herbalist freed from the clutches of these evil guardsmen! They were planning to do terrible things as these kind souls rescued me. But we stood against the might of this entire vestibule, not knowing what to do as you saved us! You're our saviors! Thank you so much for your kindness and we will spread the word of your good deed. By whom did we recieve the honor of being rescued? It took all her might to let her deception do the work. The Shaiith didn't want to fight a group this size before knowing what was going on here.

Bluffing our innocence and will to spread the good word
Skillcheck Bluff +11 = 30! Boom! Almost a crit! (http://4e.orokos.com/roll/18793)

Ether
2010-06-14, 12:27 PM
Mage's Insight vs Shaiith's Bluff

[roll0]

"Seeing as I sense arcane power about you, I doubt that you're just a mere herbalist." The mage shrugged. "But I don't really care who you are. As for my name, I am Marcus Lashare. Remember that name. You'll be hearing it a lot soon.

docHigh
2010-06-14, 02:11 PM
Lorwen does not need to be offered a way out of jail twice. Happy for seeing open space soon again, he steps through the corridor and enters the next room.

Passive perception 16 to see what the next room looks like. Is it on the same level as the previous one? Any new corpses or any other sounds? Is the room equally lit with lights or are there shadows?

terrag25
2010-06-14, 03:35 PM
Jair

@MikaWords echo in your head These people seem dangerous, but I'm willing to back your play if you try to save the girl. You can reply via mental communication if'n you wish, though you're limited to 25 words or less.

Ridai
2010-06-14, 03:56 PM
@JairTry to convince them to let her go. If unsuccessful, I'll fight. The mage seems selfish, power-hungry and willing to sacrifice others.
Mika doesn't move an inch, her muscles tensing unnoticably. "I doubt you want to associate with a prostitute if you are going to be very well-known in the near future and I'm sure there are more capable helpers than her for whatever you are planning to do."

Ether
2010-06-14, 06:44 PM
Lorwen does not need to be offered a way out of jail twice. Happy for seeing open space soon again, he steps through the corridor and enters the next room.

Passive perception 16 to see what the next room looks like. Is it on the same level as the previous one? Any new corpses or any other sounds? Is the room equally lit with lights or are there shadows?

More corpses adorn the next room. It is equally lit and there is a path and a stairs. The path presumably leads to another part of the prison while the stairs, you recall, leads to the lobby which leads to the exit.

Ether
2010-06-14, 06:54 PM
@JairTry to convince them to let her go. If unsuccessful, I'll fight. The mage seems selfish, power-hungry and willing to sacrifice others.
Mika doesn't move an inch, her muscles tensing unnoticably. "I doubt you want to associate with a prostitute if you are going to be very well-known in the near future and I'm sure there are more capable helpers than her for whatever you are planning to do."

"Once I achieve what I want no one would dare give grief about anything I do let alone my association with a prostitute," Marcus said. "And while it is very likely that there are more capable helpers, I have chosen her."

terrag25
2010-06-14, 07:49 PM
Really? You are moving on to great power, yes? That is your whole purpose in being here exploding guards? And when someone like my small friend here is later singing of the details, you want someone like her to be the key to your victory? Come now, if you can't do it without the girl I understand, but really? She is that important?

Bluff Check to taunt [roll0]

Ether
2010-06-14, 08:27 PM
Mage's Insight vs Jair's Bluff

[roll0]

"Of course I can do it without her. I can do anything." Marcus snapped his fingers.

The prostitute screamed. "Stay away," she shouted at something unseen.

docHigh
2010-06-15, 12:38 AM
On the doorsteps of the next room, Lorwen glances back to see where the other prisoners are. Waiting until the woman is agreed to be released, he then walks further into the room and searches tables, cupboards and the fallen guards for any documents and valuables.

I start with cupboards/tables, then proceed for 1-2 minutes only on searching the corpses. If the other companions arrive sooner, i will stop looting and follow which ever way they are going.
Perception [roll0]

Ridai
2010-06-15, 12:44 AM
"Shh, you are safe. We will get you out of here," Mika says in a soothing voice to the other woman and leads her into the next room. Even though the mage will force another person to do what he is planning, she also has to think about the others' interests after she has fulfilled one of her own. It is only fair. Mika nods to the Deva in thanks once he follows.

Ether
2010-06-15, 05:26 AM
On the doorsteps of the next room, Lorwen glances back to see where the other prisoners are. Waiting until the woman is agreed to be released, he then walks further into the room and searches tables, cupboards and the fallen guards for any documents and valuables.

I start with cupboards/tables, then proceed for 1-2 minutes only on searching the corpses. If the other companions arrive sooner, i will stop looting and follow which ever way they are going.
Perception [roll0]

Lorwen finds 15 gold and 3 vials of medicine (regain 5 HP when used).

AbsentiaMentis
2010-06-15, 07:52 AM
"Marcus Lashare you said? I heard about you! One of the greatest mages of all time they said. Why would such a powerfull mage have need for such an object? Are there any people out there that doubt your amazing skill or overwhelming power?" The Shaiith tried to keep the Mage talking as the rest of the party slowly and quietly tried to sneak out of the room.

Do I need a bluffcheck on this? It is just polite conversation right?
I'll give you one anyway to help speed things along.

Skill Check - Bluff = 1d20+11 = 15. (http://4e.orokos.com/roll/18835)

Ether
2010-06-15, 11:12 AM
"You are just a herbalist so you wouldn't understand, but a true mage is constantly experimenting. The Shadow Tablet is the key to my current experiment."

Marcus' Insight vs Shaiith's Bluff

[roll0]

"Now enough stalling. I have work to do. And I suggest you not be here when I start." Marcus and his cortege leave that room, enter the room that Lorwen is in, and then takes the path to the other part of the prison.

docHigh
2010-06-15, 11:52 AM
Lorwen keeps clear of Marcus and watches him fade into the passage. Clearly not interested in what is going to happen there, he takes the stairs and heads towards the lobby.

Perception [roll0] to listen/peak what is happening in lobby.
Stealth [roll1] trying not to be not noticed (moving silently on last steps of stair/peaking carefully).

Should lobby be empty, i enter and wait for the others to catch up.

terrag25
2010-06-15, 01:29 PM
Brow furrowed, Jair follows Lorwen, attempting to remain quiet, but clearly not that concerned with it.
d20+2

Ridai
2010-06-15, 01:55 PM
"Stay close to them," Mika says to the woman and points at Lorwen and Jair. "I will take point," she continues, adressing all of the small group. The warrior does as she said and descends down the stairs, her steps silent and precise, her mind alert.

Perception [roll0]
Stealth [roll1]

AbsentiaMentis
2010-06-15, 02:24 PM
"I think I'll see more of that Mage soon enough, but wether I should rejoice over that..," the Shaiith thought to herself. She saw how her fellow inmates were making their way outside and decided to follow, staying at a safe distance. "You never know what they might stumble upon."

Ether
2010-06-15, 03:03 PM
Dead guards line the lobby floor. The group sees the exit, but as they move toward it they hear the sound of a door unlocking. A wave of necrotic energy sweeps through the room. The corpses glow. Some are transformed but all begin to rise.

Roll Initiative and choose any G or H space on the map for your starting position.

Don't post you action yet. We'll compare the avg mob initiative and the avg party initiative to see which group goes first.

I'll be taking control of Terios for the the battle.

Map
http://img541.imageshack.us/img541/9240/mapb01.jpg (http://img541.imageshack.us/i/mapb01.jpg/)

Ridai
2010-06-15, 03:12 PM

G7

docHigh
2010-06-15, 03:38 PM
H3
Initiative [roll0]

AbsentiaMentis
2010-06-15, 04:24 PM
G2.
Initiative was 17.

terrag25
2010-06-16, 11:06 AM
Uh oh.

G15
[roll0]

Ether
2010-06-16, 05:47 PM
The White Zombies

The white zombies groan and black orb appears with in their hands. One tosses it at Mika. The other at Jair.

The white zombies attack Mika and Jair. They roll 19 & 11 vs reflex. Hits Mika and misses Jair. Mika takes 5 necrotic Damage and is weakened (save ends).

The Skeletons

The skeletons amble over and slash at Mika and Terios.

One skeleton moves to H7 and attacks Mika. It rolls a 19 vs AC. Hits. Mika takes 4 damage.

The other skeleton moves to G10 and attacks Terios. It rolls a 22 vs AC. Hits. Terios takes 4 damage.

The Armored Undead

Blades glowing, the armored undead wade into fray. One heads to the weakened Mika. The other for the mysterious Shaiith.

The first armored undead moves to G3 and attacks Shaiith. Rolls a 14 vs AC. Misses.

The second armored undead moves to F7 and attacks Mika. Rolls a 24 vs AC. Hits. Mika takes 8 necrotic damage, losses a healing surge, and is immobilized. (save ends). She's also bloodied.

The Skeletal Archers

The skeletal archers take aim and fire at Lorwen and Jair.

The leftmost skeletal archer attacks Lorwen. Rolls a 12 vs AC. Misses.

The rightmost skeletal archer attacks Jair. Rolls a 31 vs AC. Critical Hit! Jair takes 14 damage.

The Undead Mage

The undead mage gathers crackling necrotic lightning and throws it at Shaiith.

The undead mage attacks Shaiith. Rolls a 12 vs Reflex. Misses.

The Four Armed Skeleton

The mutant skeleton walks over to Terios and then tries to hack him to pieces.

The four armed skeleton moves to H9 and attacks Terios. Rolls a 28, 21, 29, and 25 vs AC. All hit. Terios takes 35 damage. He's bloodied.

Status

Mika 17/34 HP. Weakened (save ends). Immobilized (save ends). Bloodied.

Terios 4/43 HP. Bloodied.

Jair 19/33 HP

Map

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/6563/mapb03.png (http://img685.imageshack.us/i/mapb03.png/)

terrag25
2010-06-16, 08:40 PM
Jair
I hope this works I hope this works I hope this works.
Jair beckons with his orb bringing his mind to bear, hoping to disrupt the enchantments of the undead.
Ha! Guess I work on undead.

Minor to Distract the four armed skeleton gaining Combat Advantage against it.
Standard Augment 2 Dishearten at I8
[roll0] vs H7's Will
[roll1] vs H9's Will
[roll2] Psychic damage, on a hit the creatures take -3 penalty to attack rolls till my next turn.

docHigh
2010-06-16, 11:20 PM
Before Mika or Terios gets to act, Lorwen encourages them: "If you can just wait until i'll get the brute distracted.. Soon, his pain will be your strength."

After assessing the situation, Lorwen makes a side-step, heals Terios and attacks the brute next to Mika.

When Shaiith is missed by by mage, I slide him to F1 with Virtue of Cunning.

Move: Shift to I4.
Minor: Majestic Word to Terios (Healing Surge + 5 HP) and slide to F8.
Standard: Stirring Shout to F7 armored dead vs Will
[roll1] psychic damage.
Effect: Until the end of the encounter, whenever an ally hits the target, that ally regains hit points equal to my Charisma modifier (+5).

Arcana to understand what the mage and zombies are doing [roll2]

docHigh
2010-06-16, 11:31 PM
Death and magic- i don't like it at all. Better to put that creature somewhere safe the gnome thinks and summons up extra strength to make one more effort.

Action point: Impelling Force against the mage.
Attack: [roll0] vs Fort
On hit [roll1] force damage and i slide the mage to F6.

Ridai
2010-06-17, 02:34 AM
HP 17/34, Healing Surges 7/8 (8 HP), Action Points 1
Conditions bloodied, immobilized (save ends; success), weakened (save ends; success)

Mika grits her teeth at the pain, feeling drained and sluggish from the attacks. The situation doesn't look good, especially since she is surrounded and can't find the strength to move away. The warrior lashes out against the enemies around her, but her strength of the strikes is a far cry from her usual performance.

Five Storms

Attack vs. Reflex (F6) [roll0]
Attack vs. Reflex (F7) [roll1]
Attack vs. Reflex (H7) [roll2]

[roll3] damage (halved) + 3 to F6 from Flurry of Blows.

Saving throws:
Weakened [roll4]
Immobilized [roll5]

Ether
2010-06-17, 02:47 AM
Jair

Jair's mental barrage confuses the forces directing the mutant skeleton. Then his gambit to sap the skeleton's will to fight is successful as one skeleton crumbles and the mutant skeleton lowers it's arms slightly.

Jair uses Distract to make the mutant skeleton grant combat advantage to its next attacker. Then he uses Dishearten Augment 2 against the H7 skeleton and the mutant skeleton. Hits with a 26 and 22. The H7 skeleton crumbles and the mutant skeleton takes 12 psychic damage and a -3 to Attack Rolls until the end of Jair's next turn.

Lorwen

Lorwen's encouragement reaches Shaiith and Terios, and she moves, and he is healed. Then his words of wrath stab into the armored undead's mind, and his bolt of force brings the undead mage closer.

Shaiith moves to F1. Terios spends a healing surge and recovers 15 HP. Lorwen moves shifts to I4 and uses Stirring Shout against F7 armored undead. Hits. It takes 15 psychic damage and until the end of the encounter, whenever an ally hits it, that ally regains 5 hit points.

Lorwen spends an action point and uses Impelling Force against the undead mage. Hits. The undead mage takes 8 force damage and is slid to F6.

Status

Mika 17/34 HP. Weakened (save ends). Immobilized (save ends). Bloodied.

Terios 19/43 HP. Bloodied.

Jair 19/33 HP. 2/4 PP.

Mutant Skeleton -3 to Attack Rolls until Jair's next turn.

F7 Armored Undead: Until the end of the encounter, whenever an ally hits it, that ally regains 5 hit points.

Map

http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/3038/mapb04.png (http://img684.imageshack.us/i/mapb04.png/)

Ether
2010-06-17, 02:59 AM
Lorwen's Arcana

You understand that the Undead Mage was used the Grave Bolt spell which inflicts necrotic damage and immobilizes (save ends).

Ether
2010-06-17, 03:46 AM
Mika

The weakened Mika finds her all her strikes evaded. Fortunately she manages to shake off that weakness and her immobilization.

Mika uses Five Storms against the Undead Mage and the F7 armored undead. Both attacks miss, but she saves against being weakened and immobilized.

Status

Mika 17/34 HP. Bloodied.

Terios 19/43 HP. Bloodied.

Jair 19/33 HP. 2/4 PP.

F7 Armored Undead: Until the end of the encounter, whenever an ally hits it, that ally regains 5 hit points.

AbsentiaMentis
2010-06-17, 05:44 AM
Momentarily stunned by the size of the soon to be deceased undead army, the Shaiith thought to herself “That’s some powerfull magic!” as she saw how a guard had grown 2 more arms in an instant. “I’d keep some more distance from that abomination, maybe it’s toxic” she yelled to anyone who would listen, as she was a bit pre-occupied dodging the blade from one of the armored corpses. As she saw the Mage missing her by an inch, she decided it was her turn to take action. “You should all be resting right now. Let’s see if Hell has a spot left for you!” She raised her hand and fired to the walking corpses as she moved away from the guard who seemed so eager to cleave her in twain.

Minor Action: Warlock's Curse (+1d6 dmg) -> Undead Mage (F6)

Standard Action: Eldritch Rain -> Undead Mage (F6) & Armored Undead (F7)

Attack: 1d20+6 vs Reflex: 20
Attack: 1d20+6 vs Reflex: 15 (http://4e.orokos.com/roll/18965)

Dmg: 1d10+8+1d6: 18! (http://4e.orokos.com/roll/18966)(18 for Mage, 14 for Armored)

Move Action: Move to C2 -> More than 3 steps -> I gain concealment.

Ether
2010-06-17, 09:26 AM
Shaiith

Curses and eldritch bolts fly from Shaiith's hands. As she moves and gathers the shadows around her, they hit.

Shaiith curses the Undead Mage. She then use Eldritch rain against the Undead Mage and the F7 Armored Undead. Hits both. The Undead Mage takes 18 damage. The F7 Armored Undead takes 14 damage. He's Bloodied. Shaiith moves to C2 and gains concealment from Shadow Walk.

Terios

Seeing Lorwen affect the Armored Undead with his magic, Terios aims an attack at its head. The strike connects, and some of Terios' wounds vanish.

Terios attacks the F7 Armored Undead with Comeback Strike. Rolls a 28 vs AC. Hits. The F7 Armored Undead takes 16 damage. Terios gains 5 HP. Terios spends a healing surge and regains 10 HP.

Status

Shaiith. Concealment until the end of next turn.

Lorwen 0/1 AP.

Mika 17/34 HP. Bloodied. 6/8 Healing Surges.

Terios 34/43 HP. 9/13 Healing Surges.

Jair 19/33 HP. 2/4 PP.

F7 Armored Undead: Until the end of the encounter, whenever an ally hits it, that ally regains 5 hit points. Bloodied.

Undead Mage Cursed.

Ether
2010-06-17, 06:36 PM
The White Zombies

The White Zombies launch more black orbs. This time at Shaiith and Jair.

The White Zombies attack Shaiith and Jair. They roll a 22 and 23 vs Reflex. Both hit. Shaiith and Jair take 5 necrotic damage and both are weakened (save ends). Also Jair's bloodied.

Skeleton

Seeking revenge for his fallen comrade, the lone Skeleton moves and attacks Jair.

The Skeleton attacks Jair. Rolls a 11 vs AC. Critical Failure! Misses.

The Armored Undead

The Armored Undead are unhappy with Lorwen. The one closet to him moves in and attacks. Lorwen is struck but then he fades from sight.

The G3 Armored Undead moves to I3 and attacks Lorwen. Rolls a 27 vs AC. Hits. Lorwen takes 4 necrotic damage, losses a healing surge and is immobilized. (save ends). But due to Fade From Sight, as a immediate reaction Lorwen turns invisible until he attacks or the end of his next turn.

Meanwhile the other armored undead stays afar and tries to reap Lorwen's soul.

The H7 Armored Undead shifts to E6 and attacks Lorwen. Rolls a 10 vs Fortitude. Misses.

The Skeletal Archers

The Skeletal Archers fire at Lorwen and Jair.

The leftmost Skeletal Archer attacks Lorwen. Rolls a 21 vs AC. Hits. Lorwen takes 14 damage. He's bloodied.

The rightmost Skeletal Archer attacks Jair. Rolls a 27 vs AC. Hits. Jair takes 10 damage.

The Undead Mage

Angry at her curse, the Undead Mage throws necrotic lightning at Shaiith, but the shadows conceal her.

The Undead Mage shifts to E5 and attacks Shaiith. Rolls a 13 vs Reflex. Misses.

The Four Armed Skeleton

Furious at the destruction of his minion, The Four Armed Skeleton seeks Jair's death, and it would have gotten it if not for Jair's Intellect Fortress.

The Four Armed Skeleton moves to H15 and attacks Jair. Rolls a 22, 19, 15, and a 16 vs AC. Jair activates Intellect Fortress and until the end of his next turn gains a +3 power bonus to AC. 2 Attacks hit. Jair takes 13 damage. He dying!

Status

Shaiith 28/33 HP. Weakened (Save Ends). Concealment until the end of next turn.

Lorwen 14/32 HP. Bloodied. 0/1 AP. 5/7 Healing Surges. Immobilized (Save Ends). Invisible until he attacks or the end of his next turn.

Jair -9/33 HP. Bloodied. Dying! 2/4 PP. Weakened (Save Ends). +3 power bonus to AC until end of his next turn.

E6 Armored Undead: Until the end of the encounter, whenever an ally hits it, that ally regains 5 hit points. Bloodied.

4 Armed Skeleton -3 to Attack Rolls until Jair's next turn.

Undead Mage Cursed.

Map

http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/2465/mapb05.png (http://img716.imageshack.us/i/mapb05.png/)

terrag25
2010-06-17, 10:41 PM
Jair groans and drops to the floor
[roll0]

docHigh
2010-06-18, 12:15 AM
After being hit by the first armored guard, the gnome grunts and disappears as if into thin air.

Fade Away racial ability.

Ridai
2010-06-18, 05:10 AM
HP 17/34 (+5 if E6 is hit), Healing Surges 6/8 (8 HP), Action Points 1 (0)
Conditions bloodied

Recovering her strength, Mika's allies can see and almost feel her desire to protect them. She becomes a blur as she rushes in a circular path around Terios in what seems like a second, every foe she passes getting pummelled by attacks that seem very close to being supernatural to the common onlooker. Continuing her motion, Mika aims to hammer her foes to the ground at the same time with resounding hammer punches.

Standard action Spinning Leopard Maneuver. As part of the power, Mika shifts six squares (-> F6, E7, E8, E9, F10, G11) and attacks each enemy she moves adjacent to.

Attack vs. Reflex (E5) [roll0]
[roll1] damage (half on miss)

Attack vs. Reflex (E6) [roll2]
[roll3] damage (half on miss)

Attack vs. Reflex (D8) [roll4]
[roll5] damage (half on miss)

Attack vs. Reflex (D10) [roll6]
[roll7] damage (half on miss)

Move Action Mika moves to H12, I13, H14.

AP standard action Eternal Mountain
Attack vs. Fortitude (G14) [roll8]
Attack vs. Fortitude (H15) [roll9] (+ 6 damage from Flurry of Blows)

[roll10] damage and knocked prone.

AbsentiaMentis
2010-06-18, 06:37 AM
HP 28/33, Healing Surges 6/6 (8 HP), Action Points 1
AC 15, Fort 11, Ref 14, Will 17
Conditions - Weakened

As the Shaiith watched the Monk perform at a speed she had not seen before, she neglected to watch the zombies on her left. The black orb exploded on her leg and she could feel it eating into her flesh, weakening her every move. Luckily she managed to dodge another bolt the Mage threw at her. As she started to doubt the capabilities of the Mage the Shaiith moved towards the guards and tries to stare one of them down.

Minor Action: Warlock's Curse (+1d6) -> Armored Undead I3 (the one that hasn't been attacked yet)
Standard Action: Eyebite (Cha vs Will) -> Armored Undead I3
Attack : 1d20+6 = 18 (http://4e.orokos.com/roll/19016)
Damage : 1d6+6+1d6 = 13 (http://4e.orokos.com/roll/19017) (And invisible to target until SoNT)
Move Action: Move to G4
Saving Throw for Weakened: 1d20 : 10 (http://4e.orokos.com/roll/19018) That's saved, right?

I would like Instinctive Darkness to turn on if I get hit by melee this next round. (Triggers Cloud of Darkness as immediate reaction)

Ether
2010-06-18, 07:13 AM
Jair

Though unconscious and bleeding, Jair still lives. But for how long?

Jair rolls a 19 on his death save. Nothing happens.

Mika

Mika weaves a deadly path across the battlefield. Almost no one is left unscathed.

Mika uses Spinning Leopard Maneuver.

She attacks the Undead Mage. Hits. It takes 26 damage and is bloodied.

She attacks the E6 Armored Undead. It takes 24 damage, dies, and Mika regains 5 HP.

She attacks D8 White Zombie. Misses. It takes no damage.

She attacks D10 White Zombie. Hits. It falls and explodes! Mika takes 5 necrotic damage.

Mika moves to H14.

Not done, Mika continues her assault. This time on the skeletons.

Mika uses Eternal Mountain on the Skeleton and the 4 Armed Skeleton. Hits the Skeleton and destroys it. She uses Flurry of Blows on the 4 Armed Skeleton. It takes 6 damage.

Shaiith

Shaiith curses the I3 Armored Zombie and then stares at him. Her eyes gleam and then she vanishes from his sight.

Shaiith curses the I3 Armored Zombie. She then uses Eyebite on him. Hits. It takes 6 psychic damage, and Shaiith is invisible to it until the start of her next turn. She moves to G4, gaining concealment, and she saves against being weakened.

Status

Shaiith 28/33 HP. Concealment until the end of next turn.

Lorwen 14/32 HP. Bloodied. 0/1 AP. 5/7 Healing Surges. Immobilized (Save Ends). Invisible until he attacks or the end of his next turn.

Jair -9/33 HP. Bloodied. Dying! 2/4 PP. Weakened (Save Ends).

4 Armed Skeleton

Undead Mage Cursed. Bloodied.

I3 Armored Zombie Cursed. Shaiith is invisible to it until the start of her next turn.

Map

http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/8180/mapb06.png (http://img692.imageshack.us/i/mapb06.png/)

docHigh
2010-06-18, 08:46 AM
Those bony bastardos! And filthy corpses! I will not be pinned down so easily.. With the encouraging thoughts Lorwen slides a step further and his wounds disappear. "Fellows, should i fall, i have 3 healing potions here with me. Deliver them to those who need assistance."
Turning towards the closest archer, the gnome looks at it and mutters "You sure look ugly but i've heard the bonier they are, the easier they fall.."

Minor: Majestic Word on myself: HP is back to 27. No longer bloodied. Slide to J5.
Minor: Inspire Competence to Heal skill (+2 until end of encounter to all allies within range of 5, that is Shaiith and Terios)
Standard: Vicious Mockery against L7 vs Will
Attack [roll0] (8+2 since i'm invisible)
Damage [roll1] target takes a –2 penalty to attack rolls until the end of my next turn.
Save vs Immobilized [roll2]
READY!

docHigh
2010-06-18, 08:49 AM
Feeling free again and able to twist and turn, he looks to the other part of the room and shouts "Minotaur, please come and pin down the brute. I need to get to the dying fellow across the room."

Ether
2010-06-18, 12:47 PM
Lorwen

Lorwen heals himself and points his wand at the closet Skeletal Archer. A string of insults infused with magic hurdle towards it.

Lorwen uses Majestic Word. He regains 13 HP and slides to J5. He then uses Inspire Competence which grants a +2 power bonus to Heal Checks to him, Shaiith, and Terios. Next he uses Vicious Mockery on the L7 Skeletal Archer. Hits. The L7 Skeletal Archer takes 10 psychic damage and a –2 penalty to attack rolls until the end of Lorwen's next turn. Lorwen also saves against immobilization.

Terios

Interested in protecting the healing, Terios moves to intercept the last Armored Undead.

Terios moves to J4 and uses Reaping Strike on the Armored Undead. Rolls a 21 vs AC. Hits. The Armored Undead takes 13 damage and is marked.

Status

Shaiith 28/33 HP. Concealment until the end of next turn.

Lorwen 27/32 HP. 0/1 AP. 4/7 Healing Surges. Until the end of the encounter Lorwen, Shaiith, and Terios gain a +2 to Heal Checks.

I3 Armored Zombie Cursed. Shaiith is invisible to it until the start of her next turn. Marked by Terios.

L7 Skeletal Archer –2 penalty to attack rolls until the end of Lorwen's next turn

terrag25
2010-06-18, 01:50 PM
Jair
[roll0]
forgot to save against that last time

Ether
2010-06-19, 03:24 AM
The White Zombie

Mika destroyed its comrade so the last white zombie is trying to destroy her.

The white zombie attacks Mika. Rolls a 23 vs Reflex. Hits. Mika takes 5 damage and is weakened (save ends).

The Armored Undead

To get to Lorwen the Armored Zombie is trying to go through Terios, but it fails.

The Armored Zombie attacks Terios. Rolls a 13 vs AC. Misses.

The Skeletal Archers

For being the first person to hit it, the leftmost Skeletal Archer wants Lorwen head. The rightmost one does too.

Both Skeletal Archers attack Lorwen. Rolls a 21 & 14 vs AC. The leftmost hits. Lorwen takes 7 damage.

The Undead Mage

The battle may be turning, but the Undead Mage isn't giving up and reanimates its friend.

The Undead Mage moves to B5 Aand uses Reanimation to reanimate the other Armored Undead.

Then the Undead Mage fires necrotic lightning at Shaiith.

The Undead Mage attacks Shaiith. Rolls a 15 vs Reflex. Hits. Shaiith takes 9 necrotic damage and is immobilized (save ends).

The Reanimated Armored Undead

Being unable to kill the person who killed it, the Reanimated Armored Undead settle for reaping Shaiith's soul.

The Reanimated Armored Undead moves to E5 and attacks Shaiith. Rolls a 15 vs Fortitude. Shaiith takes 13 necrotic damage, and the Reanimated Armored Undead regains 10 HP. Shaiith's bloodied.

The 4 Armed Skeleton.

With its two minions destroyed, the 4 Armed Skeleton is outraged. Mika will die.

The 4 Armed Skeleton attacks Mika. Rolls a 14, 31, 21, and 22 vs AC. One Misses. Three Hits. Critical Hit! Mika takes 31 damage and dies!

Status

Shaiith 6/33 HP. Bloodied. Concealment until the end of next turn. Immobilized (save ends).

Lorwen 20/32 HP. 0/1 AP. 4/7 Healing Surges. Until the end of the encounter Lorwen, Shaiith, and Terios gain a +2 to Heal Checks.

Mika -19/34 HP. Dead.

I3 Armored Zombie Cursed. Shaiith is invisible to it until the start of her next turn. Marked by Terios until the end of his next turn.

L7 Skeletal Archer –2 penalty to attack rolls until the end of Lorwen's next turn

Reanimated Armored Undead Bloodied.

Map

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/7781/mapb07.png (http://img99.imageshack.us/i/mapb07.png/)

docHigh
2010-06-19, 04:04 AM
Lorwen looks both towards the stairs and the exit-door after seeing Mika fall down motionless after the savage slashing from the undead.

Perception [roll0] to see if the front door is barred or not.

Ether
2010-06-19, 05:56 AM
The front door is unbarred.

Ridai
2010-06-19, 06:38 AM
HP 34/34, Healing Surges 8/8 (8 HP), Action Points 1 (0)
Immune disease, poison, resist 5 necrotic, (3 all until end of next turn), vulnerable 5 radiant
Conditions -

Mika can barely feel the extreme pain as the life is ripped out of her body, her blood flowing out of horrible wounds, soaking torn clothes and splattering on the floor and her slayer. The woman is dead before her broken body even hits the floor. She lies still in a growing pool for a moment before a torrent of black energy flows violently into her whole body, making it look like Mika is writhing in excrutiating pain. After the chilling scene stops, a shockwave of harmless necrotic energy rips through the room and Mika is miraculously back on her feet again. Her auburn hair is now pitch-black, her skin pale. Her large wounds are like black abysses in her body, her previously red blood now a dark, thick, coagulated substance.

Mika let's out a furious (or tortured?) scream (howl?), her body shivering, as she launches herself at her slayer, attacking it with an avalanche of brutal punches and kicks.

Move Action Eternal Mountain - Movement Technique
Resist all 3 until end of next turn.

Standard Action Eternal Mountain - Attack Technique
Attack vs. Fortitude [roll0]
[roll1] damage and knock prone.

AP - Standard Action Open the Gate of Battle - Attack Technique
Attack vs. Reflex [roll2] (+2 if four-armed skeleton is prone)
[roll3] damage

+6 damage from Flurry of Blows

docHigh
2010-06-19, 07:12 AM
Lorwen - Gnome Bard
HP 20/32, Healing Surges 3/7 (8 HP), Action Points 0
Conditions - (+2 heal skills)

Lorwen temporarily hesitates which way to exit the slaughter when suddenly feels a strange wave of energy sweeping through the room. Looking for the after-effects he notices the monk standing and bludgeoning the mutated undead while screaming with all of her .. breath. Is she making that? That is not normal. She looks a little .. 'off'- covered in blood but at the same time strong. Didn't i just see her fall? Deciding to still save the dying Deva, Lorwen heads out.

Move to J-10.

If 4-armed monster is still not destroyed, i attack it H15.
If the 4-armed monster is destroyed, i attack archer L7.
Standard: Blunder vs Will
Damage: [roll1] & slide the target 2 squares. During the slide, me or one of my allies can make a melee basic attack against the target as
a free action, with a +4 power bonus to the attack roll (+1+3 due to virtue of Cunning).
Slide 4-armed monster I14->I15 (allowing Mika to strike)
Slide archer to K6->K5 (allowing Terios to strike)
Free: drop wand
Minor: take out one Potion.
READY!
"Hang out, i'm coming. Just a few more steps.." the gnome mutters.

Ether
2010-06-19, 10:04 AM
Mika

The now undead Mika rains down blow after blow on the undead skeleton.

Mika uses Eternal Mountain to gain 3 Resistance to All until the end of her next turn and to attack the 4 Armed Skeleton. Hit. It takes 18 damage and is knocked prone.

Mika then spends and action point and uses Open the Gates of Battle against it. Misses. But the 4 Armed Skeleton takes 6 damage due to Flurry of Blows.

Lorwen

As Lorwen creeps closer he tries to fog the 4 Armed Skeleton's mind but in unsuccessful.

Lorwen moves to J10 and uses Blunder on the 4 Armed Skeleton. Misses.

Terios

Terios continues his assault on the I3 Armored Undead.

Terios uses Sweeping Blow on the I3 Armored Undead. Rolls a 20 vs AC. Hits. The I3 Armored Undead takes 12 damage and is bloodied and marked.

Status

Shaiith 6/33 HP. Bloodied. Concealment until the end of next turn. Immobilized (save ends).

Lorwen 20/32 HP. 0/1 AP. 4/7 Healing Surges. Until the end of the encounter Lorwen, Shaiith, and Terios gain a +2 to Heal Checks.

Mika 34/34 HP. Resistance 3 All until the end of her next turn.

I3 Armored Zombie Cursed. Bloodied. Shaiith is invisible to it until the start of her next turn. Marked by Terios until the end of his next turn.

L7 Skeletal Archer

4 Armed Skeleton Prone.

AbsentiaMentis
2010-06-19, 03:30 PM
Stunned by the powerfull attack by the Mage and what appeared to be an unstoppable Guard, the Shaiith let the darkest parts of her fester in the minds of her enemies. Soon, they would crumble.

Minor Action: Curse Res Arm Undead (E5)
Standard Action: Cursebite (2d8 on all targets with Warlock's Curse) - Cha vs Fort
Targets: E5, J3, B5

Attack: 1d20+6 vs Fort: 25 (http://4e.orokos.com/roll/19069)
Attack: 1d20+6 vs Fort: 22 (http://4e.orokos.com/roll/19069)
Attack: 1d20+6 vs Fort: 16 (http://4e.orokos.com/roll/19069)
Damage: 2d8: 9 (http://4e.orokos.com/roll/19072)

Action Point: Curse of the Dark Dream -> Target J3 - Armored Undead

Attack: 1d20+6 vs Will : 21 (http://4e.orokos.com/roll/19073)
Damage: 3d8+6 : 21 damage (http://4e.orokos.com/roll/19074) & slide target 3 squares J3 to K1

Save roll against Immobilized: 1d20: 13 (http://4e.orokos.com/roll/19075)

AbsentiaMentis
2010-06-20, 02:27 AM
Extra damage roll on Curses:
4#1d6: 2 [1d6=2] 3 [1d6=3] 1 [1d6=1] 5 [1d6=5] (http://4e.orokos.com/roll/19091)
The order was E5 (+2 dmg) - J3 (+3) - B5 (1) - J3 (+5). (3x Cursebite & 1 Daily)

Ether
2010-06-20, 10:12 AM
Shaiith

Shaiith curses another foe and then the curses on all her enemies grow teeth and take a bite.

Shaiith curses the resurrected Reanimated Armored Undead. Then she uses Cursebite on all the creatures under her curse. Hits E5. Hits J3. Hits B5. They all take 5 damage.

Saiith then turns to J3 Armored Undead and inflicts a waking nightmare upon him.

Shaiith spends an action point and uses Curse of the Dark Dream on the J3 Armored Undead. Hits. It falls. Also Shaiith saves against immobilization.

Jair

Dying and weakened, Jair tries to get back into the game. He succeeds.

Jair attempts to save against weakness. Rolls a 14. He is no longer weakened.

Jair attempts to save against Death. Rolls a 20. He spends a healing surge, and recovers 8 HP.

Status

Shaiith 6/33 HP. Bloodied. 0/1 AP

Jair 8/33 HP. Bloodied. 6/7 Healing Surges

4 Armed Skeleton Prone.

Ether
2010-06-20, 11:18 AM
The White Zombie

This time the White Zombie is gunning for Shaiith.

The White Zombie attacks Shaiith. Rolls a 10 vs Reflex. Misses.

The Skeletal Archers

The rightmost Skeletal Archer also takes a shot at Shaiith.

The rightmost Skeletal Archer attacks Shaiith. Rolls a 13 vs AC. Misses.

Meanwhile the leftmost Skeletal Archer nocks two arrows and aims for Terios and Lorwen.

The leftmost Skeletal Archer attacks both Terios and Lorwen. Rolls a 11 and 26 vs AC. Misses Terios. Hits Lorwen. Lorwen takes 18 damage. He's bloodied.

The Undead Mage

Though angry at Shaiith for hurting it, the Undead Mage decides to attack Terios.

The Undead Mage attacks Terios. Rolls a 28 vs Reflex. Critical Hit! Terios takes 7 necrotic damage and is immobilized (save ends).

Unable to capitalize on Terios' immobilization, the Reanimated Armored Undead attacks Shaiith.

The Reanimated Armored Undead attacks Shaiith, but she teleports out of the way.

The 4 Armed Skeleton

Confused, the 4 Armed Skeleton gets up. It angrily waves its hands as if saying to Mika. "Why did you attack me? You're suppose to attack the living."

Status

Shaiith 6/33 HP. Bloodied. 0/1 AP. 6/6 Healing Surges.

Lorwen 2/32 HP. Bloodied. 0/1 AP. 4/7 Healing Surges. Until the end of the encounter Lorwen, Shaiith, and Terios gain a +2 to Heal Checks.

Terios 30/43 HP. 9/13 Healing Surges. Immobilized (Save Ends).

Reanimated Armored Undead Cursed. Bloodied.

Map

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/5881/mapb08.png (http://img20.imageshack.us/i/mapb08.png/)

Ridai
2010-06-20, 12:11 PM
HP 34/34, Healing Surges 8/8 (8 HP), Action Points 0
Immune disease, poison, resist 5 necrotic, (3 all until end of turn), vulnerable 5 radiant
Conditions -

"Try and catch me before I grind your friends to dust." Mika's deep voice sounds much more gravelly than before, suggesting intense pain converted into burning anger together with her expression and motions. Even though her eyes are now completely black, it is obvious that they are fixed on the skeleton. Seemingly out of nowhere comes a devastating kick directed at it's spine and within the blink of an eye, Mika has already moved halfway through the room, aiming to decimate the archers along the way with equal ferocity before she stops right by the armored skeleton, which gets pummelled by a series of quick strikes almost like an afterthought.

Standard Action Spinning Leopard Maneuver
Shifts six squares (I13, J12, K11, K10, K9, K8) as part of the maneuver and attacks each enemy Mika moves adjacent to.
Attack vs. Reflex (H15) [roll0], [roll1] damage (half on miss) + 6 damage from Flurry of Blows
Attack vs. Reflex (L11) [roll2], [roll3] damage (half on miss)
Attack vs. Reflex (L7) [roll4], [roll5] damage (half on miss)

Free Action Supreme Flurry
Shift three squares (to H5) and use Flurry of Blows again. G5 takes 8 damage.

Move Action Five Storms - Movement Technique
Shift two squares (to F4)

AbsentiaMentis
2010-06-20, 12:24 PM
The Undead stumbled a bit as he swung the air. The Shaiith vanished before he could hit. She had reappeared 20 feet away as few slivers of smoke remained.

Improved Misty Step - teleport 5 squares - to D2

Ether
2010-06-20, 01:08 PM
Terios

With no one close to him all Terios can do is fight against his immobilization.

Terios attempts to save against immobilization. Rolls a 9. Fails

Mika

Mika blazes across the battlefield, attacking anything next to her.

Mika uses Spinning Leopard Maneuver

She attacks the 4 Armed Skeleton. Misses, but it takes 16 damage and is bloodied.

She attacks the rightmost Skeletal Archer. Misses, but it takes 9 damage.

She attacks the leftmost Skeletal Archer. Hits. It takes 26 damage and is destroyed.

She uses Supreme Flurry to attack the Reanimated Armored Undead. It takes 8 damage.

Finally she moves to F4.

Status

Shaiith 6/33 HP. Bloodied. 0/1 AP. 6/6 Healing Surges.

Lorwen 2/32 HP. Bloodied. 0/1 AP. 4/7 Healing Surges. Until the end of the encounter Lorwen, Shaiith, and Terios gain a +2 to Heal Checks.

4 Armed Skeleton Bloodied.

AbsentiaMentis
2010-06-20, 01:48 PM
As she admitted to herself that she was a little startled by that last attack she decided that it was time to end this fight. As she shot a bolt of purple energy at the Mage she moved in range of the Skeleton brute and let her dark fires inside of her light up a flickering halo of purple light around the brute.

Standard: Eldritch Blast

Attack: 1d20+6: 21 (http://4e.orokos.com/roll/19101) vs Reflex

Damage: 1d10+6+1d6 : 13 (http://4e.orokos.com/roll/19102)

Minor Action: Darkfire (Until EoNT, all attacks against the target have combat advantage, and the target cannot benefit from invisibility or concealment) on 4-Armed-Skele
Cha+4 vs Reflex: 1d20+10: 20 (http://4e.orokos.com/roll/19103)

Move Action: walk to F11 -> Gain concealement

Ether
2010-06-20, 03:43 PM
Shaiith

The purple bolt hit the Mage, turning him to dust.

Shaiith uses Eldritch Blast on the Undead Mage. Hit. The Undead Mage takes 13 damage and falls.

Shaiith then turns to 4 Armed Skeleton. A flickering purple halo appears around it.

Shaiith uses Dark Fire on the 4 Armed Skeleton. Hit. Until the end of Shaiith's turn all attack against the 4 Armed Skeleton have combat advantage, and it cannot benefit from concealment or invisibility.

Also Shaiith moves to F11 and gains concealment.

Status

Shaiith 6/33 HP. Bloodied. 0/1 AP. 6/6 Healing Surges. Concealment until the end of her next turn.

4 Armed Skeleton Bloodied. Until the end of Shaiith's turn all attack against it have combat advantage, and it cannot benefit from concealment or invisibility.

docHigh
2010-06-20, 06:28 PM
The pain, the excruciating pain of arrows piercing your body. It is not that familiar to Lorwen and he screams in agony. Yet survival is what matters. Jair moves. Mika moves even faster. The only constant in this blur seems to be Terios. Deciding to stick to survival instincts, he drinks the potion taken out, runs to somewhat safer place and hiding his attack as if from Mika, shoots at the whit zombie.

Minor: drink healing potion (+5 HP).
Move: run to J3.
Standard: Misdirected Mark at White Zombie vs Reflex
Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
Ready!

terrag25
2010-06-21, 12:42 AM
Jair
Jair scrambles to his feet, trying to get away from the four armed monstrosity that nearly killed him, then unleashes a storm of psionic force on the monster

Taking my extra turn
1st turn move to stand, standard to shift 1 northwest
2nd turn standard to Mental Trauma the 4-armed skeleton
[roll0] vs. Will
[roll1] Psychic damage, half on a miss. As an effect the 4 armed skeleton is vulnerable 5 psychic (save ends)
Action Point Augment 1 Mind Thrust
[roll2] vs. Will
[roll3] psychic (counting vulnerability)
then move action to flee 6 squares away from the doom of us all :P

Ether
2010-06-21, 07:36 AM
Lorwen

As Lorwen drinks a health potion he makes an arcane gesture. A magical bolt comes flying from Mika and heads towards the the White Zombie.

Lorwen drinks a health potion and recovers 5 HP. Then he moves to J3 and attacks the White Zombie with Misdirected Mark. Hits. The White Zombie falls and explodes, but no one is in range.

Jair

Jair's psychic maelstrom obliterates the 4 Armed Skeleton.

Jair shifts to F14 and uses Mental Trauma on the 4 Armed Skeleton. Misses. The 4 Armed Skeleton takes 6 psychic damage and gains 5 psychic vulnerability (save ends).

Jair then spends an action point and uses Augment 1 Mind Thrust. Hits. The 4 Armed Skeleton takes 13 psychic damage and falls. Jair moves to C9

Status

Shaiith 6/33 HP. Bloodied. 0/1 AP. 6/6 Healing Surges. Concealment until the end of her next turn.

Lorwen 7/32 HP. Bloodied. 0/1 AP. 4/7 Healing Surges. Until the end of the encounter Lorwen, Shaiith, and Terios gain a +2 to Heal Checks.

Jair 8/33 HP. Bloodied. 6/7 Healing Surges. 0/1 AP.

Ether
2010-06-21, 12:56 PM
The Skeletal Archer

Though most of its comrades are gone, the Skeletal Archer continues to fight on.

The Skeletal Archer attacks Mika and Terios. Rolls a 25 and a 20 vs AC. Hits both. Terios takes 9 damage and is bloodied. Mika takes 17 damage and is alos bloodied.

The Reanimated Armored Undead continues to fight as well.

The Reanimated Armored Undead attacks Mika. Rolls a 24 vs AC. Hits, but Mika takes zero damage.

Status

Lorwen 7/32 HP. Bloodied. 0/1 AP. 4/7 Healing Surges. Until the end of the encounter Lorwen, Shaiith, and Terios gain a +2 to Heal Checks.

Mika 17/34 HP. Bloodied.

Terios 21/43 HP. Bloodied. 9/13 Healing Surges. Immobilized (Save Ends).

Jair 8/33 HP. Bloodied. 6/7 Healing Surges. 0/1 AP.

Map

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/1294/mapb09.png (http://img24.imageshack.us/i/mapb09.png/)

Ridai
2010-06-21, 01:42 PM
HP 17/34, Healing Surges 8/8 (8 HP), Action Points 0
Immune disease, poison, resist 5 necrotic, vulnerable 5 radiant
Conditions bloodied

Mika rips the arrow out of her torso, no blood pouring out of the hole. As her pain intensifies even more, she hauls herself at the armored undead, crashing into it's chest plate with her feet first before she lands back in the spot she started in after a quick somersault. Should Mika crush the undead in front of her, she immediately sprints over to the last one.

Standard Action Crane's Wings - Attack Technique
Attack vs. Fortitude [roll0]
[roll1] damage and pushes 1 square. +6 damage from Flurry of Blows.

If undead falls, Mika moves adjacent to the archer.

docHigh
2010-06-21, 02:32 PM
Lorwen - Gnome Bard
HP 7/32, Healing Surges used 3/7 (8 HP), Action Points 0/1
Conditions - (+2 heal skills), bloodied

Safe behind the minotaur and encouraged from the explosion of the zombie, Lorwen turns to the remaining foes: "See, SEEE! Kaboom!! And that 4-armed skinny guy.. " and attacks them again.

If the armored undead is alive, i attack it. Otherwise i attack archer.
Vivious Mockery
Attack [roll0] vs Will
Damage [roll1] psychic damage, and the target takes a –2 penalty to attack rolls until the end of my next turn.

AbsentiaMentis
2010-06-21, 08:58 PM
Seeing her enemies fall around her, the Shaiith tried to ignored the pain the undead have caused her. It was intense, but soon there would be enough time to tend to them. She cursed the last standing archer right before she shot another bolt of pure energy at it. She then moved out of its range, not wanting to die on the spot.

Minor action: Warlock's Curse (+1D6 to damage roll) - Target: Archer on L11

Standard action: Eldritch Blast (Charisma vs Reflex) - Target: Archer on L11

Attack Roll: 1d20+6 = 23 (http://4e.orokos.com/roll/19156)

Damage Roll: 1d10+6 + 1d6 = 16 (http://4e.orokos.com/roll/19158)

Move Action: To C14

Ether
2010-06-21, 09:37 PM
Mika

Mika's attacks caves in the Reanimated Armored Undead's armor. It falls.

Mika uses Crane's Wings on the Reanimated Armored Undead. Hits. It takes 14 damage and falls.

Lorwen/Shaiith

Lorwen's string of insult and Shaiith's eldritch blast finish of the Skeletal Archer.

Lorwen uses Vicious Mockery on the Skeletal Archer. Shaiith uses Eldritch Blast. Both Hit. The Skeletal Archer takes 11 psychic damage and 16 damage. It falls.

Map

Lorwen 7/32 HP (16). Bloodied. 0/1 AP. 4/7 Healing Surges.

Mika 17/34 HP (17). 8/8 Healing Surges 0/1 AP

Terios 21/43 HP. (21) 9/13 Healing Surges.

Jair 8/33 HP (16) 2/4 PP. Bloodied.6/7 Healing Surges.

Shaiith 6/33 HP (16). Bloodied. 6/6 Healing Surges

Ether
2010-06-21, 09:38 PM
Congratulations the encounter is over. You each gain 282 XP.

terrag25
2010-06-22, 12:31 AM
Jair stands off to the side, breathing heavily as he tries to refocus himself, closing his injuries.i.e. short resting for 2 surges

Well, if it's all the same to you lot, I'd as soon get out of this gods forsaken jail.

docHigh
2010-06-22, 01:01 AM
Lorwen - Gnome Bard
Lorwen goes, picks up his wand and sits down next to Jair taking out his flute. "I'll assist in healing the wounds with my magic. I am Lorwen and i must thank you for the assistance. " and starts playing quietly.

After a few minutes turning to the monk he starts "That sure was a close call. Me'lady, how are you? You look .. well .. i'm sorry but you don't look good at all."

Spend 2 healing surges. With each healing surge gain additional +5 HP (applies to all who hear the music and spend healing surge.
HP 32/32, Healing Surges used 5/7 (8 HP
Conditions -

Ridai
2010-06-22, 03:31 AM
Now that the battle is over, there is nothing left to occupy her mind. Seeing her enemies' remains scattered around the room doesn't make her feel any better. She can feel the vile energy coursing through herself and forces it to shut the wounds, something that doesn't work with the wounds that killed her. Retreating more towards the exit door, putting distance between her companions, Mika is unable to calm down, needing all of her willpower to stay sane while the pain slowly subsides, while she tries to shut out the whispers and urges that want her to attack the living. Her body feels like it has been turned into a mockery, crushing the respect she had for it and herself.

When Lorwen approaches and talks to her, he gets a good, close look at her cold, torn skin and the black orbs that her eyes have become. She remains silent for a moment before she speaks. "My heart doesn't beat anymore, my body is cold. That creature... killed me... whatever animated them... entered me, turned me into this. It urged me to kill and devour all of you, but I resisted, I wanted to see you safe. I feel so violated!" Punctuating the last word, Mika dents the wall with her forehead. She remains silent for a moment again after having freed herself of what she wanted to express and sits down leaning against the wall. "I guess protecting all of you is the only thing I have left now."

Mika spends two healing surges to heal back to full HP.

AbsentiaMentis
2010-06-22, 07:42 AM
As she saw how the last Undead shattered into a mere pile of bones, she fell to her knees as the pain intensified. She looked deep inside of her and prayed to Lolth to let her regain strength as she tended her wounds. Her necrotic flesh seemed to regenerate itself. As the Shaiith slowly rose to her feet she seemed to be perfectly fine.
As she looked around for the spoils of war, she saw that one Undead had remained but it wasn't attacking nor was it being attacked! "What are you imbecils doing? Kill that zombie! Or do you not value your life worthy of putting up a struggle?" The Shaiith raised her hand, preparing herself to shoot the last zombie down.

2 healing surges of 8+5 (Lorwen's help) puts me back at 32/33 after the short rest.
Do you want a perception check for loot/room/anything out of the ordinary?
Perception check: 1d20+0: 7 (http://4e.orokos.com/roll/19171) (Hah, well, never mind that one then. But I still am looking for lewt!)
Arcana check on Mika: 1d20+9: 24 (http://4e.orokos.com/roll/19172)

Ridai
2010-06-22, 08:06 AM
Personality and attention span of an attack dog. Mika doesn't even look at the drow. "I do trust you have ears and heard what I said, unless you are too dense to understand words. And I'm pretty sure you weren't blind during the fight."

Ether
2010-06-22, 11:45 AM
As she saw how the last Undead shattered into a mere pile of bones, she fell to her knees as the pain intensified. She looked deep inside of her and prayed to Lolth to let her regain strength as she tended her wounds. Her necrotic flesh seemed to regenerate itself. As the Shaiith slowly rose to her feet she seemed to be perfectly fine.
As she looked around for the spoils of war, she saw that one Undead had remained but it wasn't attacking nor was it being attacked! "What are you imbecils doing? Kill that zombie! Or do you not value your life worthy of putting up a struggle?" The Shaiith raised her hand, preparing herself to shoot the last zombie down.

2 healing surges of 8+5 (Lorwen's help) puts me back at 32/33 after the short rest.
Do you want a perception check for loot/room/anything out of the ordinary?
Perception check: 1d20+0: 7 (http://4e.orokos.com/roll/19171) (Hah, well, never mind that one then. But I still am looking for lewt!)
Arcana check on Mika: 1d20+9: 24 (http://4e.orokos.com/roll/19172)

Shaiith's Perception and Arcana

Perception: You find 25 gold among the remains

Arcana: You understand that while Mika is undead, she has been animated in such a way that she retains her mind.

docHigh
2010-06-22, 04:49 PM
Lorwen - Gnome Bard

"This ZOMBIE saved my life by lunging against the other undead. She had a perfect chance to maul me down but did not choose to. So i place my trust in her. One as yourself should know better not to value the book by the cover." Sensing the tensions rising, he quickly changes the topic: "I found from the other guards some coins and a few healing potions. It would be only fair to share them."

Now looking a little longer at the party, Lorwen starts hesitating in the success of escape should all remain together. Undead, drow and minotaur - not the most common folk.. "My friends, it has been .. emm .. a pleasure knowing you but i think we have better chances escaping the city if we slip into crowd separatly and later meet at a designated place."

Wondering a little while walking towards the exit, the gnome turns to the monk: "You know, reanimation usually does not work like that. It must have been something extraordinary. Maybe that Shadow Tablet the necromancer was looking for? And if it was, then there should be a way to reverse your condition.. without leaving you dead. I hope this is something you wish? Since you saved my life, i owe you at least helping to find a cure for this."

Everybody gets 8 gold-coins. Terios and Jair get the healing potion (+5 HP).

Ridai
2010-06-23, 05:15 AM
Mika's eyes widen as Lorwen offers help in finding a cure. "I... I would appreciate that very much, thank you," she answers a bit shyly as she gets up. It has been quite some time since someone last showed her any form of kindness. "I am Mika. Are you sure you want to go alone? I don't know this town well, where should we meet?" Mika pulls out her hooded leather coat, notices it has taken on a darker color and puts it on, pulling the hood far down.

docHigh
2010-06-23, 06:21 AM
What city are we at? Are there any other cities close by? Forests/mountains to hide? Which churches or arcane guilds are in this city?
Since we were put to jail, i guess we had to be in the city before, but were we long enough to know this info? I can roll something if it is needed..
History (local region?) [roll0]

"We could go together, Mika, but a group of 3 will already start drawing attention. And no need to thank me- what was done to you is a vile twist of magic and Corellon frowns upon such things. There has to be a way to set things right."
Lorwen opens his backpack and takes out a set of fine clothes. Changing to linen trousers and a velvet coat, all colored in dark green and silver stripes, he takes on a look of a regular patron. Patting on the pouch he starts: "Heading straight for the gates could be a bit dangerous at the moment. I recommend we meet at an inn. In 30 minutes? As cheap as possible- we could negotiate with the owner to keep us out of sight. That is if you want to escape the city together.."

Ridai
2010-06-23, 07:15 AM
Mika nods. "I could create a diversion if needed, I... think my body doesn't tire anymore. I think my... friend will be fine, as law enforcement doesn't care much about people of her profession and she knows the streets, but what about him?" The tall woman points towards Terios. "Disguising a minotaur to blend in is no small feat."

Ether
2010-06-23, 08:15 AM
You all are in the seaside town of Melphora. There are some villages and other towns close by. The nearest city is about three days away. Small forests dot the landscape, but the nearest mountain is about 15 days away.

Local History DC 15

Melphora lacks an arcane guild but there are few arcanists living in town. There is one church that is dedicated to the worship of Bahamut and Appeon (custom Deity of the Sea and the Moon)

terrag25
2010-06-23, 12:33 PM
Jair also begins to adjust his clothing, his robe revealing itself to be reversible, transforming a gaudy showman's cloak into a travel stained one of muted browns. Hmm, I may be able to help our minotaur friend. Though I can't recommend he stay in town long, I can at least give them another minotaur to wonder at. With that Jair's body begins to stretch and bulge, darkening in color, fur sprouting as he stretches up toward the ceiling, his new horns in danger of brushing the ceiling.
Not specifically imitating Terios, in fact, I'll go with similar patterning, but female
I believe this should draw some attention away from him in a new deep rich voice.It may be worth traveling to the temples. I don't always buy in to their schtick, but they'll probably have the best healing magics.

AbsentiaMentis
2010-06-23, 04:08 PM
The Shaiith didn't care enough for the rest of the group to point out to them that all undead sooner or later acquire a taste for the flesh. She was about to head out of town, away from this wretched place when she heard them talk about the necromatic tablet. "Almost forgot about that Shadow Tablet. It would be an invaluable asset to my...talents...if I got my hands on that."
She hesitated a second right before she pulled of her hood, revealing a beautiful ebony face with fiery eyes, and said: "Yes. You are right. The Minotaur will draw attention. If they notice that he's female perhaps it will soothe them..for a while." She continued; "I think we should gather as much information as we can about that mage Marcus Lashare, and soon. If what just happened is linked to that tablet, just imagine what harm it can do to this town in the wrong hands! We can not let that happen. Neither must we be here when Lashare comes up. Let us gather at the nearest inn, in an hours time." She pulled her hood back up as she prepared herself to leave the complex. "The very best of luck to you all."
She tried to sound cheerful.

- Streetwise check for during the rest: 1d20+11: 20 (http://4e.orokos.com/roll/19256)
Targets are mainly Marcus Lashare and info about the Shadow Tablet/Location

- I take 4 arrows from the skeleton archers and did the undead mage use a staff? I'll take that aswell. Even if they're crap and do nothing. Going to RP with them later.

- if we take an hour rest, we can use streetwise to gather info about Lashare and everything. It will be needed, because we know nothing about this town.
- I don't care what inn (or the docks), but as long as we meet somewhere.
- If we take a 6 hr rest, all our surges and HP will be restored. (Or a 4 hour in my case) - What time is it anyway? Is it 05.00 am or 15.00 pm or what?
- We gained 415 xp in total so far, right?
- The 25 gp I looted is a secret, right? Then I keep it, don't tell the group, don't hand any out)

Ridai
2010-06-23, 04:28 PM
Mika just shakes her head as the drow leaves. She waits a bit before she says: "Let's go, we've been here long enough." She exits the building ahead of the others, so that she can scout and, if needed, draw attention away from the others.

Ether
2010-06-23, 08:03 PM
When you leave the prison you find that it is mid afternoon (roughly 4pm).

Inns

Royal (10 gold/per night)
Dan & Don's (5 gold/per night)
The Bull (1 gold/ per night)

Information about Marcus Lashare

From talking to people about Marcus Lashare you gather that he's wizard who is famous/infamous for his magical experiments. You also hear that while he doesn't revel in hurting people during his pursuit of knowledge, he has no problems with doing it.

Information about the Shadow Tablet

When you ask about the Shadow Tablet, most people just stare at you.

One Eladrin women, however, narrows her eyes and says, "What do you know of the Shadow Tablet?"

AbsentiaMentis
2010-06-23, 08:55 PM
During Shaiith's streetwise:

The Shaiith approaches the woman solo (During his Streetwise hour) and uses Bluff and Intimidate to try to convince the woman that she is a supreme holy priestess who was sent here by a powerful church to take it for safekeeping in one of the holiest and safest monestaries there is. If it would remain here it would eventually destroy the town. The Shaiith asks the woman if she can help her.

Bluff check - 1d20+11: 26 (http://4e.orokos.com/roll/19272)
Intimidate check - 1d20+13: 29 (http://4e.orokos.com/roll/19273)

Ether
2010-06-24, 07:02 AM
"The Shadow Tablet is here?" The woman's eye widened. "We have no time to lose, my lady. Come, you must speak to the High Priest of Bahamut at the temple."

docHigh
2010-06-24, 07:36 AM
Lorwen follows Mika but soon falls behind due to the somewhat smaller steps. While heading to "The Bull", he addresses a few local people trying to gather some information.

Before entering the inn, he walks around the establishment noting down any secondary exits and surrounding buildings, back-allies.

Streetwise [roll0]
Trying to find out about the city-guards, if it is safe inside the city (how many guards are at the gates if at all).
Perception [roll1] - the surroundings of the inn.
Perception [roll2] - after entering the inn, what do i see inside?

Ridai
2010-06-24, 07:45 AM
Mika keeps and eye out for trouble and tries to blend in as much as possible while she enters the inn with Lorwen.

Perception [roll0]
Stealth [roll1]

Ether
2010-06-24, 09:08 AM
About the Guards

There are quite a few guards throughout the town, making it very safe save for the occasional pick pocket.

The Bull's Surroundings

The Bull is in one of the poorest parts of Melphora. As the guards don't patrol that area as often as they should, a few pickpockets subsist there.

Inside The Bull

Entering, the Bull you quickly see that it is rundown with the most expensive looking thing the stuffed head of a minotaur over the mantle. The proprietor, a human man, greets you.

docHigh
2010-06-24, 01:29 PM
Lorwen nods towards the man behind the bar and enters the room. Looking up to the minotaur head a smirk enters the gnome's face. Figures.. I hope they don't want to put 2 more next to this one. Full of confidence he whispers to Mika: "Let me do the talking."
Approaching the bar he takes a chair, pulls it next to the counter and stands straight facing the properitor.

"Hello there! How is the business going? I'm wary of the day- noone is looking for mercenaries.. One mug of ale for me and my friend over there. Small for me." the gnome adds with the most assuring nod he can muster. :smallwink: "Say.. nice head on the wall. Did you take it? Or its just something for the atmosphere?"

Bluff [roll0] -- to leave the idea of a mercenary
No diplomacy yet. Just seeing how he'll react first.

Ether
2010-06-24, 02:53 PM
"You're a mercenary? I was a mercenary." The man grins and serves the drinks. "Not a very good one though. I only took one job against a group of rampaging minos. Barely survived and I didn't get paid well, but I got a nice trophy."

AbsentiaMentis
2010-06-24, 03:49 PM
"The Shadow Tablet is here?" The woman's eye widened. "We have no time to lose, my lady. Come, you must speak to the High Priest of Bahamut at the temple."

"I can't risk going to the temple with this woman, my cover will be blown" the Shaiith thinks to herself. "We should go, I agree," she says to the Eldarin woman, "but forgive me for this; first may I ask how you know about the Tablet? It was always considered to be an artifact shrouded in mystery but you clearly know something more than I do at this moment. Is it in the posession of the High Priest?" Although she told the woman they should leave for the Temple, the Shaiith will blow her off with an excuse later as she will head to The Bull if she has gathered all the information she can from the Eldarin.

Don't need to give another check, do I? It's the same conversation so nothing changed with her.
If she gives me more info I'll leave her here (tell her it's for her own safety or something) and I'll head to the Bull but I'll wait to enter it untill the other 4 have entered.

docHigh
2010-06-24, 04:01 PM
I only took one job against a group of rampaging minos. Barely survived and I didn't get paid well, but I got a nice trophy."

"I see, I see. So i recon you don't serve them around here. I mean, unless they bring the shiny?" ..Lorwen continues chatting. The ale is warm and tastes like piss. I guess its time to get to the point. "I've seen some of them minotaurs walking around the city. What if they come here? And who are staying here tonight? I don't get that well along with the tieflings and wouldn't want to make a mess here.."

Ether
2010-06-25, 12:36 AM
"I see, I see. So i recon you don't serve them around here. I mean, unless they bring the shiny?" ..Lorwen continues chatting. The ale is warm and tastes like piss. I guess its time to get to the point. "I've seen some of them minotaurs walking around the city. What if they come here? And who are staying here tonight? I don't get that well along with the tieflings and wouldn't want to make a mess here.."

"I'm not prejudiced. Anyone can stay as long as they can pay." The innkeeper frowned. "Lucky for you no tieflings are staying here tonight. But if they were..." He took out a scimitar. "There would be no trouble. Got it?"

Ether
2010-06-25, 12:43 AM
"I can't risk going to the temple with this woman, my cover will be blown" the Shaiith thinks to herself. "We should go, I agree," she says to the Eldarin woman, "but forgive me for this; first may I ask how you know about the Tablet? It was always considered to be an artifact shrouded in mystery but you clearly know something more than I do at this moment. Is it in the posession of the High Priest?" Although she told the woman they should leave for the Temple, the Shaiith will blow her off with an excuse later as she will head to The Bull if she has gathered all the information she can from the Eldarin.

Don't need to give another check, do I? It's the same conversation so nothing changed with her.
If she gives me more info I'll leave her here (tell her it's for her own safety or something) and I'll head to the Bull but I'll wait to enter it untill the other 4 have entered.

"I know about the Tablet because I stumbled across brief passages about it through my arcane career."

The woman shook her head. "Of course the High Priest doesn't have it. But he does know a lot more about than I do."

The woman pointed south. "The temple's that way. Let's--wait you said the Tablet was here? I think...I mean if I'm remembering correctly, I think that may be impossible."

AbsentiaMentis
2010-06-25, 03:43 AM
"I know about the Tablet because I stumbled across brief passages about it through my arcane career."

The woman shook her head. "Of course the High Priest doesn't have it. But he does know a lot more about than I do."

The woman pointed south. "The temple's that way. Let's--wait you said the Tablet was here? I think...I mean if I'm remembering correctly, I think that may be impossible."

"How do you mean? I was sent here to collect it. Who has taken it? " The Shaiith made herself sound surprised and slightly annoyed to try to let the Eldarin woman know she was in a hurry to leave. "If you have any information please speak now so I can continue towards the Temple."

im /afk for the weekend, but the Shaiith will make her way to the Bull when the woman has spoken.

Ridai
2010-06-25, 04:37 AM
Mika pretends take a sip once in a while, not feeling thirsty at all and having never liked ale to begin with, while she listens to the exchange. After a few "sips", Mika silently places the mug on a filled table while no one pays attention and moves back to Lorwen.

docHigh
2010-06-25, 05:16 AM
"I'm not prejudiced. Anyone can stay as long as they can pay." The innkeeper frowned. "Lucky for you no tieflings are staying here tonight. But if they were..." He took out a scimitar. "There would be no trouble. Got it?"

"Good-good. We'll be sitting over there, in the corner. A few of my comrades will be joining us shortly and we might stay here for a night." Climbing down the chair he leaves the bigger mug on the table and heads with Mika to the corner table.

I pay the inn-keeper for both of the mugs.

"I think it is safe for now to rest in this inn. For all of us. These parts of the city are not that well patrolled and we shouldn't worry about the guards." Looking concerned he continues in a lower voice: "There should be temples in the city. I can go and ask if there is anything the priests could do today or wait until morning and then go. If you walked in, i suspect they'd try to smack you down."

Ridai
2010-06-25, 05:51 AM
Mika nods and speaks in a low voice. "Actually, I am surprised how little the incident affected day to day life. I would prefer if you would go today, so that we can leave the town early in the morning if needed. Maybe you should mention that Shadow Tablet and the name of that mage. I'll wait here for the others."

Ether
2010-06-25, 08:05 AM
"How do you mean? I was sent here to collect it. Who has taken it? " The Shaiith made herself sound surprised and slightly annoyed to try to let the Eldarin woman know she was in a hurry to leave. "If you have any information please speak now so I can continue towards the Temple."

im /afk for the weekend, but the Shaiith will make her way to the Bull when the woman has spoken.

"You couldn't have been sent to collect it or could you?" The woman shook her head. "I think it has something to do with how the Shadow Tablet was sealed away, but I can't remember. High Priest Grason may know more. Shall we go?"

Shaiith moves to follow her but then she gasps. "Stop. Did you here that?

"Here what my Lady?"

"The spies." Shaiith frowned. "It's not safe for me to go to temple at the moment. Go on a head of me. I should be able to make it there soon."

Without another word, Shaiith turns away from the Eladrin woman and vanishes into the shadows.

Ether
2010-06-25, 08:08 AM
Shaiith, Terios, and Jair walk into The Bull. The innkeeper eyes them warily but then smiles when they flash some gold.

docHigh
2010-06-26, 01:42 AM
Lorwen agrees with Mika and leaving the inn heads towards the temple of Bahamut. As the city has only two temples it is not hard to locate it. Since it is already getting late he hurries to reach it before the closing time.

On the doorsteps of the temple Lorwen enters and looks for a priest. Getting straight to the point he speaks: "May Bahamut bless your day! Whom in the temple i should address if i wished to speak of an artefact called Shadow Tablet?"

Ether
2010-06-26, 07:37 AM
"Me." A half elf adorned in silver vestments stepped into view. "May Bahamut be with you. I'm a High Priest Grason. What do you know of the Shadow Tablet?

docHigh
2010-06-26, 08:08 AM
Catching his breath and recalling of what he's heard he proceeds: "The Shadow Tablet is a necromantic artifact. It should be sealed away. However i have reason to believe that it may no longer be the case. Is there a place we could talk in private?"

Ether
2010-06-26, 08:25 AM
"Of course." Grason leads Lorwen into in his private chambers. Once there: "What do you mean that the Shadow Tablet is no longer sealed?"

docHigh
2010-06-26, 08:47 AM
Feeling a little more safer in private chambers Lorwen continues: "I can not explain fully how i know this unless you vow not to reveal the circumstances. But in short, i met a mage called Marcus Lashare who was boasting of searching for this artefact. Though he tried to shield it, he was searching for some kind of gateway. Shortly after that, i saw dead people rising and i barely managed to escape them alive."
Picking his words carefully he continues ".. and i have a friend who now has a disease. A rather peculiar one which i can only relate to this mage, the tablet and the undead rising. Seeking help from the priesthood was the only solution i could think of. Can I trust in Your discretion?"

Words of Friendship and Diplomacy roll to gain the trust and discretion of the High Priest [roll0]+5.

Ether
2010-06-26, 09:08 AM
"Of course you have my discretion. But you say that Marcus Lashare has found the Shadow Tablet? Grason shook his head. "Do you have any proof because I think that's impossible even for him.

You see the Ancients sealed the Shadow Tablet in a pocket plane that constantly changes it's location. In order to get to the Tablet someone would first have to lock it in place. And I certainly would have sensed something like that. Not to mention necromantic miasma that would poor from the pocket plane once it was opened. "

docHigh
2010-06-26, 09:49 AM
Words like ancient and miasma sends shivers through the gnome. Nervously soothing his clothes he starts. "I can not be sure, but i have no other reasoning.. About an hour ago, i saw a blinding flash and after it i was in full equipment. This happened.. mm.. in the jail-house. So me and all the other detained persons were in great suprise. We heard fighting and then Marcus entered the room. I have never seen more arrogant person than him. He was boasting that soon he will have what he is looking for. When i enquired what it was, he mentioned the Shadow Tablet.

As we were not interested in this, we decided to leave. However in the hallway, the gurads were all dead. Just as we wanted to leave, they rose. Some were mutated into 4-armed-beast, some were plain zombies. Though we fought, one of us was slain. On that same instant i felt a wave of power sweeping through the room and the fallen comrade was standing again. But.. but she was no longer alive. Despite this, she had retained her senses and continued fighting the undead. The other undead. Long story short- we need help as she wishes to un-do this vile transformation.

I understand you have interest in this tablet, but we need to help this victim. Have you ever heard of anything like this? Unwilling reanimation while retaining the person's personality?"

Ether
2010-06-27, 05:23 AM
"The prison? Like I said I would have sensed something. But I can tell that you're telling the truth--or at least you think you are." Grason stood. "Take me to your inflicted friend."

docHigh
2010-06-27, 06:07 AM
Receiving the attention needed, Lorwen gets up and leads the way back to the inn. Before entering he again re-assures "She looks bad but i assure you, her mind is not affected. She still values life and her cause is just."

On the road, Lorwen makes conversation about Marcus and tries to learn as much as possible from Grason.

Ether
2010-06-27, 06:44 PM
Grason sighs. "Marcus Lashare, what a waste. As shown when he ended the Thevian famine, the Gods blessed him with a mind that could improve the human condition, yet researching new spells and rituals--pushing magic to new heights--is all he cares about. If you are right, it is for this reason why Marcus finding the Tablet might not be a bad thing."

Grason quickens his pace. "Still we must make sure. Let us hurry."

AbsentiaMentis
2010-06-28, 11:44 AM
After the Shaiith had payed the bartender to refill her waterskin she looked for the darkest spot to wait and observe whatever was about to happen. Just as she found a quiet corner in The Bull she saw the Gnome from the jail burst in with what appeared to be a Half-Elf in silver vestments which gave him a very religious look. "What has that Gnome done this time? I'd rather they keep this all quiet, with each person involved the chance of me keeping that Tablet for myself is getting slimmer and slimmer." She tried to sneak closer and listen to what they were talking about without getting noticed at first. She could always reveal herself if the situation would press for it.

Stealth check: 1d20+4: 23 (http://4e.orokos.com/roll/19438)

Ether
2010-06-28, 02:31 PM
When Grason enters The Bull his eyes immediately turn to Mika. For a brief second his mouth hangs open, but then he composes himself and walks over to her. He smiles. "My names is Grason. I am a High Priest of Bahamut and I'm here to help. What's your name? How do you feel?"

Ridai
2010-06-28, 03:26 PM
Mika, her face still largely conceiled by the hood, looks over to Lorwen for a moment before answering in a low voice. "My name is Mika. I... don't feel so well." She is unsure how the priest will react once he sees the full extend of her change.

docHigh
2010-06-28, 03:37 PM
Lorwen turns to Mika, starts to say something but then remains quiet. For now it'll be better if i remained quiet. He walks to the two familiar minotaurs and asks "Which of you is Terios? You both look so familiar.."

Ether
2010-06-28, 05:23 PM
Mika, her face still largely conceiled by the hood, looks over to Lorwen for a moment before answering in a low voice. "My name is Mika. I... don't feel so well." She is unsure how the priest will react once he sees the full extend of her change.

"Tell me what happened. I help in anyway I can."

Ridai
2010-06-29, 05:34 AM
Seeing Shaiith inch closer, Mika looks straight at her. "Keep your distance," she says that accepts no excuses or compromises.

Mika fidgets a bit and leans in closer to the High Priest, almost whispering. "I don't know what is most important, so I'll tell you everything that happened. In good faith. I was thrown into jail because I protected a prostitute from a nobleman who threatened to rape and kill her. A flash of light opened the jail doors and we escaped, meeting this Lashare fellow on the way. He had put the prostitute under mind control, claiming he was looking for something called Shadow Tablet, arrogantly stating it would make him extremely well-known, and that she 'agreed' to help him in some matter. We got him to release her and wanted to leave the prison the way Lashare came, but right before the exit, we heard the sound of an opening door and the corpses of the guards we found there were turned into undead."

"We fought them, but one of the monstrosities attacked me and I don't even remember hitting the ground before everything went black. The next thing I could feel was this energy... entering me, defiling me." Mika clenches her fists as she pauses and looks down at the table for a while. "I was on my feet again, cold and in pain and my monastic training allowed me to exile the thought of... devouring the living from my mind. I was furious at the undead, wanting to protect the others and we destroyed them. I didn't expect any kind of mercy, but this total stranger showed me great kindness when he offered to help me." Mika's grip on her fists lightens as she mentions the last bit, her voice so low that only Grason could hear it, subtly (unnoticably for the gnome) looking over to Lorwen. She looks at Grason. "Can you help me?"

Perception check result of 23 to see Shaiith (Mika wins because she has a check modifier of +7), see OOC

Ether
2010-06-29, 07:30 AM
"I am not sure, but rest assured that I will try my hardest."

He stood. "However, first I must see to the Shadow Tablet. Strangely I can sense nothing from the prison. I must know why."

Ether
2010-06-29, 07:31 AM
Lorwen turns to Mika, starts to say something but then remains quiet. For now it'll be better if i remained quiet. He walks to the two familiar minotaurs and asks "Which of you is Terios? You both look so familiar.."

"I am Terios. What do you want?"

Ridai
2010-06-29, 07:48 AM
"Thank you for your time, High Priest Grason. Is there anything I can do to help?" Mika doesn't really know what she should do in her current state. Letting her mother, if she is somewhere out there, see her like this is completely out of the question. She doesn't want all her efforts to be in vain.

docHigh
2010-06-29, 12:00 PM
"I am Terios. What do you want?"

"Nothing special. Just trying to learn how to make a difference between two of you." :smallbiggrin:

Ether
2010-06-29, 01:01 PM
"Thank you for your time, High Priest Grason. Is there anything I can do to help?" Mika doesn't really know what she should do in her current state. Letting her mother, if she is somewhere out there, see her like this is completely out of the question. She doesn't want all her efforts to be in vain.

"No just stay here. I shall return tomorrow with some rituals that we can try." Grason whispers a pray for Mika and then leaves.

Ether
2010-06-29, 01:19 PM
"Nothing special. Just trying to learn how to make a difference between two of you." :smallbiggrin:

Terios grunted. "Female minotaurs have shorter horns, but they're wider apart."

Ridai
2010-06-29, 03:18 PM
Mika bows slightly to Grason and from then on just passes the time until the morning. She doesn't feel tired in any way, so she watches over the others while she does so.

Ether
2010-06-30, 05:44 AM
The Sun sets and the Moon rises. All is quiet. That is until space itself begins to warp around you all. Quickly get up. You may be able to stop it.

Ridai
2010-06-30, 06:22 AM
Feeling her body being in stasis, simply functioning without needing anything, is as practical as it is unsettling. When the phenomenon starts, Mika is already on her feet and wakes Lorwen. Her undead features hidden under the mantle and hood, she quickly goes to the hall, keeping an eye out for anything that might cause this.

docHigh
2010-06-30, 09:07 AM
Waking up being shaken by the undead petrifies Lorwen. For a few moments he is not sure wether it is a nightmare or his hour has come. But seeing it being just Mika, he gets up "Wha'..what's going.. What's happening?" Taking up the shield from next to the bed and pulling out his wand, he follows Mika.

If there are others in the same room, i wake them too. If in the other, i try to get to their room and wake them.
Spot what is happening: [roll0]

OOC: do we have our daily abilities restored?

Ether
2010-06-30, 09:44 AM
OOC: Yes, you've all taken an extended rest.

Mika and Lorwen, you see nothing that could possibly be the source of the disturbance. All you can is that everything that's not the five of you is bending and contorting.

Ridai
2010-06-30, 10:08 AM
Mika quickly escorts the others outside, onto the street. She doesn't understand in the least what is going on or what is even happening.

docHigh
2010-06-30, 10:28 AM
Lorwen tries to open some other rooms and shouts for the inn-keeper to get out but as all is twisting, decides it to be safer outside with the companions.

Ether
2010-06-30, 11:49 AM
Terios rushes outside. He then turns to the magically inclined group members. "Do something!"

docHigh
2010-06-30, 02:01 PM
Lorwen looks at the minotaur, measures the horns and says: "Right..mm.. Terios? Let me just try and focus a bit and maybe i can say what is going on. Shaiith, Jair, you can try too." Looking at the swirls and searching for some pattern in it, Lorwen starts humming.

Inspire Competence (arcana) - me and each ally in burst 5 gets +2 power bonus to arcana check.
Arcana [roll0]

AbsentiaMentis
2010-06-30, 02:49 PM
As the Shaiith stood next to the others, she tried to sense what was going on.

Perception: [roll0]
Arcana: [roll1] + 2 Doc's
History: [roll2]
Streetwise: [roll3]

Ether
2010-06-30, 05:37 PM
Arcana

Thanks to your magical training, you realize that someone or something is trying to teleport you.

Perception

You see no people, but you do see that the prison is the epicenter of the forced teleportation.

History

You recall that besides magic, a person can avoid the forced teleportation by either quickly running away from or ascending high above the epicenter.

docHigh
2010-07-01, 04:48 AM
"Someone is using some tricks on us and trying to teleport us. While i'd like to find out who is doing this, i would prefer to find it out on my terms."

To remember how to avoid it some checks..
History (?) [roll0]
Insight (?) [roll1]

Ether
2010-07-01, 09:18 AM
Your insight reveals nothing but your history reveals the information described in the post above yours.

docHigh
2010-07-01, 10:58 AM
"If you don't want to end up in where ever it is taking us, you'd better run. And fast!" says the gnome and starts running away from the inn as fast as he can.

I run until the surrounding stops swirling. If other don't follow me, i still keep running :smallsmile: If others pass me, i run after them :smallbiggrin:
Run speed 5+2.

chaoswizard259
2010-07-01, 11:17 AM
Terios looks around quickly, confused and scared at the knowledge of his inability to do anything. Hearing the short man's shout, and seeing him tear off down the streets, he quickly follows catching up to him in short order. Once next to him, he reaches out to pick up the slower runner.

Run speed: 6+2=8
Strength check(?): [roll0]

Ether
2010-07-01, 11:40 AM
For running I would rather you guys make an athletics check.

docHigh
2010-07-01, 11:42 AM
Running (athletics) [roll0]

Ridai
2010-07-01, 12:18 PM
Mika runs away from the prison as fast as she can. In a moment of philanthropy, Mika grabs the ungrateful drow by the legs as she moves by and carries the other woman bent over her shoulder like a puppet. Shaiith did nothing to deserve the effort to save her, but Mika isn't as cold as her own body either.

Athletics check [roll0] Mika can carry Shaiith's weight as a light load.

edit: + immunity against physical fatigue

Ether
2010-07-01, 02:28 PM
Lorwen

You just aren't moving fast enough. If you want to keep on running make an endurance check and another athletics checks but perhaps you'd be better off trying to fight the effect with your magic.

Mika

The phenomenon is less than where you have run to but you aren't out of danger yet. Keep running (make another check), start ascending, or do something else.

Jair

Arcana [roll0]

Not good at running or jumping, Jair decides to fight the forced teleportation with his magic. He succeeds and the effect grows weaker.

Ridai
2010-07-01, 02:37 PM
Mika keeps on running.

Athletics [roll0]

docHigh
2010-07-01, 03:42 PM
Failing to run fast enough, Lorwen refuses to be carried and fights with what he can.

Arcana [roll0]

chaoswizard259
2010-07-02, 01:47 PM
Athletics: [roll0]

AbsentiaMentis
2010-07-02, 04:28 PM
The instinct of the Drow has always been to fly rather than fight an unknown fight. As she saw some of the others fleeing, she thought that she would stand better chances if she was not on her own. She fled after Lorwen, wondering if she could still outrun a Gnome.

Athletics - 1d20+1 : 20 (http://4e.orokos.com/roll/19643)
Endurance - 1d20+1 : 8 (http://4e.orokos.com/roll/19641)
Arcana - 1d20+9 : 15 (http://4e.orokos.com/roll/19644)

Run rather than fight.

Ether
2010-07-03, 08:06 AM
Terios

Terios' strong minotaur legs carry him far but it's not enough keep running.

Shaiith

Shaiith starts to run. As she get's farther, people start to reappear. Slamming into them will slow you down. If you want to keep running roll an acrobatics check.

Ether
2010-07-03, 08:15 AM
Mika

You're getting farther. You're almost there. But as you race through the streets, you feel a force pulling you back. Can you faster?

Lorwen

Lorwen's magic weakens the phenomenon, but as it lessen it tries to take a bite out of the Gnome. (Two arcana checks. 1 to continue fighting the phenomenon. The other to avoid losing a healing surge.)

Ridai
2010-07-03, 10:01 AM
The lack of fatigue allows Mika to continue with an almost mechanical precision.

Athletics [roll0]

Ether
2010-07-04, 02:28 PM
The force teleportation tries to grab all of you, but with some of you running and other resisting, it stretches itself too thin abruptly ends.

Ridai
2010-07-04, 04:11 PM
Feeling the strange effect end, Mika stops and reorients herself. Carefully retracing her steps, she seeks out Lorwen. "What was that?"

docHigh
2010-07-07, 03:56 PM
"Someone or something was trying to teleport us away from here. Since we are here, it must have failed. Shaiith, did you sense it too?"

If still needed:
arcana to fight phenomen [roll0]
arcana not to lose healing surge [roll1]

docHigh
2010-07-16, 04:40 AM
In the midst of the rufus Shaiith had gone missing, the gnome discovers.

"I've lost sight of the dark elf. At this moment we need all the magicians we can muster to avoid being pulled again. Please lets follow the direction he ran and try to find him. Mika, keep your eyes open for anything suspicious you might see." Orryn picks up his pace and heads down the streets in same direction Shaiith ran.

Trying to spot anything abnormal and also Shaiith.
Perception [roll0]

Ridai
2010-07-16, 11:23 AM
Mika nods and swiftly follows Lorwen, keeping an eye out for Shaiith and Jair as well as anything strange or watching them. Without any idea who or what they are actually resisting, they should stick together.

Perception [roll0]

chaoswizard259
2010-07-17, 09:37 AM
Terios, hiding his fear of the spirit-pull, follows the group in rear-guard, alert for any sudden change. He uncrows the strap to his falchion, getting it ready for a swift strike, if neccesary.

"Lorwen-n-n? What would have happened if the shaman had suc-c-ceeded?

Perception: roll 1d20+3

docHigh
2010-07-17, 11:19 AM
Not sure himself, Lorwen starts: "The teleportation, emm.. spriti-pull as you said, transports people from one place to another. However, usually it is a little different- there should be a portal and if you don't want to enter, you will not go. I know not of what would pull unwilling peo-- adventurers and leave everything else untouched."

Making a small pause to reason a little, he continues: "Too much has been coincidence. Arcane tablets, gateways, walking undead, Lashare and the priest Grason. Once we find the drow " where in nine hells has she gone now "we should find out what is going on.

The teleportation affected only us. The only person who knew where we are, was the priest. So we should find him and get some answers. Do you agree?"

Ridai
2010-07-17, 02:20 PM
Mika lowers her head in thought before she speaks with her gravelly voice: "The timing would fit, but knowing our location to teleport us doesn't make sense since we moved. I think a different means was employed and I'm more inclined to believe that Lashare or whatever he might have freed did this, as the pull came from the prison and Grason could have just have us detained because of... what I am now with his rank and ressources. Maybe Lashare didn't leave that place yet."

docHigh
2010-07-19, 10:39 AM
Lorwen stops and turns abruptly around. "I'm not going back!" he shouts at the party. "Lashare can do what he wants in the prison, even rot for the rest of his life with the rotten corpses that will wander there. I am not afraid of the dead but being caged again is something i won't do voluntarily! Did you see any other exit of the jail besides the main entrance?! We'd be walking into a box.. that closes just around you.. and then.. strangles the will out of you with its.. black.. oozing tentacles.." with the last words fear and misery can be read from the eyes of the gnome.

Shaking his head to clear the thoughts he continues talking to Terios and Mika: "Besides, you have no idea what you are walking into. Even if you go, you need to be prepared! You need.. you need.." finding it hard to say, Lorwen sighs and with resignation lets it out "Fine. You need somebody to cover your backs. I'm finding myself more and more attached to both of you, so i feel i must stick with you."

Ridai
2010-07-19, 01:33 PM
Mika is caught completely off-guard by Lorwen's outburst, unable to find the words of apology she wants to say during the short break as she sees the pain in the bard's eyes. After he finishes, she remains silent for a moment before she lowers herself onto one knee in front of Lorwen, as a sign of respect. "I am sorry, I didn't know how hard this is for you and I will not lie and say I understand how you feel. But we will be with you all the way and I vow to protect you until we see this through."

Mika wanted to say more, but feels unable to express herself properly. She never experienced someone displaying this kind of courage, willing to endure what he fears so intensely despite not needing to. Mika has to admit to herself that she didn't believe people were capable of something like this, possibly including herself as she was never tested like this, feeling that she can learn much from Lorwen.

docHigh
2010-07-20, 05:29 AM
Feeling awkward seeing women kneel and a little ashamed of his outburst, Lorwen approaches Mika. Standing infront of her, he looks into her eyes, which does not happen often thanks to his hight, and helps her up again. "Thank you for understanding me! Lets just get over with it. I don't want to prolong this any more than neccessary. Some day, i might explain my outburst but for now, there are more pressing matters."

Ridai
2010-07-20, 01:33 PM
Mika gets up and puts a hand on Lorwen's shoulder. "Whenever you think the time is right, Lorwen." She accompanies the group to the prison, aiming to end this quickly for everyone's, but especially the bard's, sake.

Ether
2010-07-23, 03:55 AM
When you reach the prison, you see a priest praying at the entrance. Hearing you approach, she turns. "Hello, I am Lima, a priestess of Bahamut.You must be the people that Grason was talking about."

Everyone who's in trained in Arcana/Religion, roll an arcana/religion check.

docHigh
2010-07-23, 04:22 AM
"Hello, Lima! I appologise for interrupting your prayers. Doing so in front of a prison and not in a temple during the night is somewhat.. strange. But fear not as we are here!
May I enquire what you are doing? And what did Grason actually tell you of us?"

Inspire Competence - all allies within 5 radius will get +2 power bonus to Arcana checks.
Arcana: [roll0]
Insight to understand if she is sincere: [roll1]
Religion to understand if she is Bahamut worshipper: [roll2]
Perception for the surroundings: [roll3]

Ether
2010-07-23, 08:25 AM
Lorwen

Thanks to your training in Arcana, you sense a holy barrier around the prison.

Also your insight and knowledge of religion tells that this woman is truly a priestess of Bahamut.

Your perception tells you that nothing is out of the ordinary.

"I'm here because Grason told me to wait for him outside. You see he, along wt went into prison to investigate something. But that was hours ago, and he still hasn't returned."

Lima raises from the ground. "He also told me that a group of people might be coming and to let them through if they wish to enter. Do you?"

docHigh
2010-07-23, 09:36 AM
Lorwen gives a concerned look towards Mika and then decides to thread carefully: "I am not sure if we should enter. What do you know is inside there? I can sense that you are holding a barrier but i don't know if to keep something in or out. You see, we experienced a short while ago something like a teleport pull. Obviously, it failed .." the gnome lets out with share joy. " .. and we decided to come to investigate. If you say Grason is there and thought we could come some time soon then i don't think it was him pulling us. Which means, it was something else. In any case, i think we deserve some more info before we plunge into... there." states the gnome, putting his hands crossed over his chest and trying to be as authoritive as he can muster while keeping his concerns about the prisonment to himself.

Ridai
2010-07-23, 12:46 PM
Mika notices Lorwen's look, but is unsure whether it is because of the presence of a priestess, the barrier or having to enter the prison again. Nevertheless, Mika respectfully bows towards Lima as a greeting, but stays silent to avoid drawing attention, partly because of her voice. She stands closely behind Lorwen to appear as a bodyguard in a non-threatening manner as she feels herself being more and more distracted by the priestess. Maybe it is because they had time to calm down or because she is a woman, but Mika can feel her attention fixate on Lima's complexion, her breath, imagining the warmth coursing through her body that felt so good when Lorwen helped Mika up. The monk has to look away and mentally chastises herself for letting her thoughts drift like this, trying to stay focused.

Ether
2010-07-23, 06:55 PM
Lima shakes her head. "You misunderstand. I did not put up the Holy Barrier. Only Grason can, yet it was here before we arrived. It's all very strange."

Ridai
2010-07-24, 01:06 AM
Hearing about the holy barrier makes it very clear what Lorwen was concerned about. Despite this, Mika bows down and whispers to the bard: "Grason might need help and I don't think Lima knows anything more about what is going on inside."

docHigh
2010-07-24, 04:01 AM
Lorwen nods to Mika and looks at the barrier a little.
"Lima, if this is Holy Barrier then i guess there are some undead inside. You said 'we'- has anybody else entered the prison? And forgive me but i know not of what this Holy Barrier does- please enlighten me.
Arcana for HolyBarrier effects: [roll0]

None of us here is a priest and if you had anything that would assist us against undead, we'd appreciate it. I'm thinking of scrolls, holy water or even healing potions to strengthen us. We think, Grason might be in trouble and we should enter as soon as possible."

Ether
2010-07-24, 06:18 AM
"By "we" I mean Grason and I. He came back from meeting and then suddenly announced that me and him were going to the prison.

The holy barrier keeps necrotic miasma and mindless undead inside. It will be dangerous so please allow me to bless you."

Ridai
2010-07-24, 06:54 AM
It seems that the high priest's and Lima's prayers are mainly harmful to mindless undead, but Mika can't be sure. As this matter affects her directly, Mika decides to talk about this herself. "Grason seems to think highly of you if he took you with him soon after talking to us, so I hope you are as trustworthy and understanding as the high priest. Is your blessing harmful to someone... changed by the energies inside?"

Ether
2010-07-24, 08:07 AM
Lima thinks and after a minute she smiles and shakes her head. "I sense you have a kind heart. The blessing will not harm you."

docHigh
2010-07-24, 08:32 AM
There is not much left to do outside the gloomy house, thus Lorwen kneels down to his left knee and lowers his head.
"I'm ready for the blessing and to face whatever will come beyond the barrier."

Once the blessing is done, he turn to Terios and Mika: "You should go in first while i cover the back. If there is anything waiting there, you'd be our first and strongest punchline. Should things get drastic, don't get too far from me as i can only assist you with healing if i'm within range of 25 feet."

chaoswizard259
2010-07-24, 11:19 AM
Uncrowing his falchion, Terios looks at the gnome, evaluating his worthiness as a hunt leader. "I do not like going into a Hunt with only three people, but I shall have your back to death itself. You two have proven yourselves worthy hunters.", he says, passing his hand over his chest in a salute. Turning to the priest, "Shaman, I will accept your blessing."

After the blessing, he looks back at the others with a feral smile on his face. "Shall we?"

Ether
2010-07-24, 02:35 PM
Lima lays her hand on each of you.

You all gain 2 one time powers

Bahamut's Armor: As an immediate interrupt you gain 1d12 temporary HP.

Bahamut's Sword: When you do damage with an attack, as a free action you can add 1d12 radiant damage.

After she is done. She whispers good luck.

Ridai
2010-07-24, 04:04 PM
Mika isn't sure how to react to Lima, feeling that she would probably blush a little if she was still able to. "Uh, thanks. Go ahead."

Once she has received the blessing, she nods to the others. "Take care of yourself," Mika says to the priestess before she heads inside.

Ether
2010-07-24, 06:41 PM
As you enter the prison, everything seems normal. Suddenly the doors slam shut and vanish.

The voice of Marcus Lashare calls out to you from no where. "Why exactly would you willingly come back here?"

docHigh
2010-07-25, 01:31 PM
Lorwen coughs clear his voice while looking around to determine the location of Lashare, and then addresses the surroundings:
Perception [roll0]
Arcana [roll1]
"Stop playing games Lashare and show yourself! We know here are undead loose. What are you up to? And what happened to our companions Jair and Shaiith?"

Ether
2010-07-25, 02:10 PM
Perception: Save for you all the room is empty. There are no doors or windows.

Lorwen's Arcana

You sense two things.

1) Marcus Lashare isn't in the room or anywhere close to you

2) The air is saturated not just with necrotic energy but with magical energy in general.

"It's not me you fool. It's this place." Marcus clicks his teeth. "Make your way to be and I'll explain everything."

A door appears in front of you.

Ridai
2010-07-25, 02:19 PM
"For your sake, I hope you have nothing to do with what happened to me," Mika states in a nearly growling voice and opens the door.

docHigh
2010-07-25, 02:24 PM
Seeing no exits besides the just appeared door, Lorwen frowns and thinks I knew it is a bad idea. Trapped again with only one way out to who knows where
Then he turns to Mika and Terios: "I do not sense Lashare to be anywhere close. But the room is full of both necrotic and magical energeis making it really confusing to understand anything. Lets continue forward."

chaoswizard259
2010-07-26, 01:28 AM
Hefting his sword and striding through the opened door, Terios bellows outward, "COME OUT AND SHOW YOURSELVES COWARDS!!!!"

Intimidate: [roll0]

Ether
2010-07-26, 03:06 PM
You walk into the next room. Suddenly the door you came through vanishes, and all the lights go out.

docHigh
2010-07-26, 03:16 PM
Being last to step through the door Lorwen turns back towards where the door used to be but finding just darkness, he stops from moving. The lack of light, even shady light makes him even more aggitated. Using his previous experience, he remains silent and tries to perceive the surroundings.

Stealth: [roll0]
Perception: [roll1]
Arcana: [roll2]

Ridai
2010-07-26, 03:21 PM
Mika remains calm, thanks to her harsh monastic training, and lights a torch, all the while listening for anything in the dark.

Perception [roll0]

chaoswizard259
2010-07-26, 04:42 PM
Drawing upon his experiences in the Hunt, Terios sidesteps to the right twice and stares at the edge of the radiance, straining to hear any movement whatsoever.

[roll0]

Ether
2010-07-26, 07:23 PM
The fire leaps from Mika's torch and splits into six. The six sparks land onto the floor and grow and twist, turning into creatures that want nothing more than to burn everything.

Roll initiative and place yourself somewhere on the map.

Map

http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/5170/mapc01.png (http://img839.imageshack.us/i/mapc01.png/)

docHigh
2010-07-26, 11:49 PM
Lorwen is positioned in L13.
Arcana (to know the monsters): [roll1]
Dungeoneering (to know the monsters): [roll2]
Nature (to know the monsters): [roll3]

Ridai
2010-07-27, 12:22 AM
K12

chaoswizard259
2010-07-27, 03:51 PM
Position: J13

Ether
2010-07-27, 10:17 PM
The Fire Elementals leap to action and try to scorch the group.

FE1 moves to I13 and attacks Terios. Rolls a 10 vs Reflex. Misses

FE2 moves to J14 and attacks Terios. Rolls a 14 vs Reflex. Hits. Terios now suffers ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends).

FE3 shifts to K13 and attacks Lorwen. Rolls a 19 vs Reflex. Hits. Lorwen now suffers ongoing 5 fire damage

FE4 moves to J12 and uses Fire Circle on Terios. Rolls a 12 vs Reflex. Misses. Terios takes 5 fire damage damage.

FE5 moves to L12 and attacks Mika. Rolls a 18 vs Reflex. Hits. Mika suffers ongoing 5 fire damage.

FE6 moves to K11 and attacks Mika. Rolls a 22 vs Reflex. Hits. Mika now suffers from ongoing 7 fire damage.

Status

Terios: 38/43 HP. Ongoing 5 Fire Damage (save ends).

Lorwen: Ongoing 5 Fire Damage (save ends).

Mika: 34/34 HP. Ongoing 7 Fire Damage (save ends).

Map

http://i29.tinypic.com/a2skyr.png

docHigh
2010-07-28, 12:33 AM
Lorwen stands and observes as the fire elementals all lock on to the group. Seeing the first elemental miss he is hopeful of escaping the encounter without any harm but soon he realises the mistake. As second and third strike their targets true, Lorwen patiently waits for them to make a mistake. As FE4 misses Terios, he uses his skills to slide him away from harm and take one of the elementals off from his own side.

Advantage of Cunning: Slide Terios to I12, FireElemental3 from K13->J13.
As FE6 no longer is flanking if he moved to that position.

Ridai
2010-07-28, 12:41 PM
HP 16/34, Healing Surges 8/8 (8 HP), Action Points 1 (0)
Immune disease, poison, resist 5 necrotic, (3 all until end of next turn), vulnerable 5 radiant
Conditions bloodied, ongoing 5 fire (save ends)

Nearly overwhelmed by the fire creatures, Mika learns that pain is one of the feelings that weren't diminished by her change as their flames burn her cold flesh. Knowing that she won't survive another attack like that, the warrior attacks all four creatures around her with a wide, incredibly fast spinning jump kick and immediately following up with a quick barrage of stomps and kicks to use her enemies' openings while they last. Mika's stance looks incredibly stable, indomitable like a mountain, even to someone unfamiliar with the facets of combat. "Lorwen, stay back!"

Move Action Eternal Mountain - Movement Technique
Gain resist 3 all until end of next turn.

Standard Action Eternal Mountain - Attack Technique
Attack vs. Fortitude (FE3) [roll0]
Attack vs. Fortitude (FE4) [roll1]
Attack vs. Fortitude (FE5) [roll2] + 6 from Flurry of Blows
Attack vs. Fortitude (FE6) [roll3]
[roll4] damage and knocked prone.

AP Standard Action Five Storms - Attack Technique
(+2 to attacks if enemies are prone)
Attack vs. Reflex (FE3) [roll5]
Attack vs. Reflex (FE4) [roll6]
Attack vs. Reflex (FE5) [roll7]
Attack vs. Reflex (FE6) [roll8]
[roll9] damage.

Saving throw against ongoing fire damage: [roll10]

chaoswizard259
2010-07-28, 03:00 PM
Bellowing with pain and anger, Terios sends two heavy strikes the way of the elementals.

Comeback Strike at FE4(J12)
Attack:[roll0]
Damage:[roll1]
spend healing surge if hit

Action Point:Reaping Strike at same target
Attack:[roll2]
Damage:[roll3]
4 dam on miss

Saving throw against ongoing fire damage: [roll4]

"Die, Torch-Men!!!!"

chaoswizard259
2010-07-28, 03:04 PM