PDA

View Full Version : [3.5]Twilight Vampire Template

Thurbane
2010-06-09, 02:10 AM
Just out of sheer curiosity, does any know of an attempt (humorous or otherwise) to stat out the Twilight version of vampires for d20/3.5?

Let me go on record as saying I am not a Twilight fan (being male, and over 15 years old kind of precludes me anyways), but I am really interested to see how the whole "sparkly vampire" thing would look as a 3.5 template....

Drakevarg
2010-06-09, 02:13 AM
Must... resist... urge... to bash...

Right, my only thought would be that since apparently everyone in Twilight is apparently stupidly beautiful, they'd get an insane Charisma bonus, plus a huge Strength bonus that drops to merely big after the first year.

Temotei
2010-06-09, 02:18 AM
Heh. Take away every weakness and add "head ripped off and body burned" to killing way. I'm pretty sure that's how it works.

Make them have a dazzle effect while in sunlight. Everything within 30 feet must make a Fortitude save of DC 10 + Twipire's HD + Cha modifier or be dazzled for 1 + Cha modifier rounds.

Take away children of the night, dominate, create spawn, and energy drain.

Take away alternate form, gaseous form, spider climb (maybe), and perhaps turn resistance.

Add a +120-foot bonus to land speed.

Change ability score modifications from Str +6, Dex +4, Int +2, Wis +2, Cha +4 to Str +8, Dex +4, Cha +6.

Add some fluff to have their eyes turn red when they thirst for blood.

Grumman
2010-06-09, 03:32 AM
How about something similar to a Dungeonbred Spellwarped Half-Vampire Troll?

Troll grants regeneration (so that you need to destroy the body with fire or acid to destroy it), Half-Vampire gives blood drain and blood dependancy, Spellwarped makes it an aberration, which lets you apply the Dungeonbred template to make it medium-sized.

It's a CR 7 creature.

Sintanan
2010-06-09, 03:53 AM
Some stuff.
Round #2: Server backup and Firefox crash double-teamed me and I lost my first write up.

Taking Temotei's suggestions, as I haven't seen the movies, read the book, or paid any attention to the world of Twilight other than the (not so) rare TV commercial, here's the Sparkling Vampire template.

Sparkling Vampire
Sparkling vampire is an inherited template that can be applied to any vampire (hereafter referred to as the base creature). This template cannot be applied to vampire spawn.
XXSize and Type: The base creature's size and type remain unchanged.
XXSpeed: The base creature's speed remains unchanged.
XXSpecial Abilities: The base creature loses children of the night, dominate, create spawn, and energy drain special abilities and gains the following:
XXSparkling (Ex): Whenever the sparkling vampire is hit by light --be it moonlight, torchlight, or even a daylight spell-- all creatures who can see the sparkling vampire except for other sparkling vampire must make a Fortitude save or be dazzled for a number of rounds equal to the sparkling vampire's Charisma modifier plus 1. The DC is Charisma-based.
XXSudden Movement (Su): The sparkling vampire may choose to move up to twice its land speed as a swift action. This ability can only be used once every 1d4 rounds.
XXAdditionally, add the following text to the base creature's blood drain ability:
XX"Whenever the vampire suffers hunger from being unable to consume blood its eyes turn red. While the vampire's eyes are red it suffers a -4 penalty to Disguise checks. The red coloration of the eyes fades once the vampire drains at least 1 point of Constitution from a victim."
XXSpecial Qualities: The base creature loses the alternate form, gaseous form, and spider climb special qualities.
XXAbilities: Change the sparkling vampire's ability scores as follows: Str +2, Wis -2, Cha +2.
XXSpecial: The sparkling vampire loses all weaknesses and means of slaying the base creature has and instead may only be slain in the following way:
XXThe sparkling vampire must first be reduced to 0 hit points or incapacitated in some way. Then it must be decapitated and the body burned.

And there ya go.
(Sorry, couldn't resist the bash.) :smallbiggrin:

rockdeworld
2010-06-09, 09:03 AM
Well, one of them stops an out-of-control sliding-on-ice truck with his shoulder (and is unhurt), there is the aforementioned prettiness, and they're also described as unnaturally quick, so I guess it'd be something like:

Type changes to monstrous humanoid.
Base speed increase to 120 ft
Str +18, Dex +12, Con +10, Cha +16 (as per Huge Earth elemental, Hellwasp swarm, and Succubus)
Gain DR 10/- (As per Earth elemental)
Gain 1 spell-like ability from the Sor/Wiz spell list (roll a d%, levels 0-9 correspond to 0-99) usable at-will.
Gain a breath weapon that causes Charm Person in a 5-ft radius (the save is charisma based).
Eye-color changes to red. If the vampire drinks blood from creatures with Int<3 for at least a month, eye-color changes to gold.
In direct sunlight, the vampire sparkles.
LA+16 (or something)

Edit: Whew, I added more things as I remembered them. I think I'm done now though.

shadow_archmagi
2010-06-09, 09:08 AM
Given that, personality-wise, they tend to be bland and irritating (Indeed, to quote one twilight fangirl "The new movie is so much better! Edward doesn't look like he's about to throw up nearly as much!") I'd say a charisma penalty.

EDIT: Read the above post as saying "Int<3" with "<3" being a heart.

I was confused.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2010-06-09, 09:21 AM
This should be relevant to your interests. (http://www.penny-arcade.com/gabednd/) It's 4e, but the idea is easily adaptable to 3.x: There's a traveling theatrical show called Dusk, about a vampire who befriends and falls in love with a human girl. Local girls see the show and get the silly idea to go off looking for vampires to befriend and fall in love with. The predictable outcome warrants the PCs' intervention, of course.
Also:
http://feastofnemesis.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/twilight_moms_by_inlovewitedwardc.jpg

Darkxarth
2010-07-07, 09:07 AM
Just to add to the information already presented:

Undead - Gain standard Undead immunities
Blood Drain - As standard Vampire should suffice
Eyes - Eyes are red after feeding, gold after feeding on animals, or black when a vampire has not fed; gain low-light vision
Physical Abilities - As undead, they have no Con score; Dex is increased by +8; Str is increased by +8
Mental Abilities - Int is increased by +6; Wis is increased by +4; Cha is increased by +8
Skills - +6 bonus on Spot and Listen; +8 bonus on Disguise to look like a normal member of their race (negated by sunlight or daylight spell); distance and height limitations are removed from Jump
Speed - Base speed of 60 ft.; continuous effect equivalent to the haste spell (+30 ft. enhancement to speed, extra actions); total of 90 ft.
Resilience - Gain damage reduction 10/adamantine (a Twilight Vampire's natural attacks act as though adamantine for all purposes); gain resistance to cold, acid, sonic and electricity 15; gain Fast Healing 5; unlike normal undead, Twilight Vampires cannot be killed simply by reducing them below 0 hit points, their Fast Healing will always regenerate them to full health unless they are engulfed in a source of fire sufficient to deal 10 points of damage in one round [The best way to represent Twilight Vampires' resilience would be to use Regeneration (fire) instead of Fast Healing, but undead are immune to non-lethal damage.]
Attacks - A Twilight Vampire's natural attacks are treated as adamantine (for all purposes including overcoming damage reduction, sundering items, etc.); gain a bite attack that deals 1d4 + Str mod; gain a natural slam attack that deals 1d8 + 1 1/2 Str mod
Sparkling - A Twilight Vampire that is within the radius of natural sunlight or a daylight spell glitters as the glitterdust spell, imposing a -40 to Hide checks. However, the sunlight (or daylight spell) must be direct, concealment or even cloud cover is sufficient to prevent the skin from glittering.
Immortal - A Twilight Vampire does not suffer any penalties for aging (although bonuses still accrue as normal for the base race); additionally, a Twilight Vampire can never die of old age and is not subject to the negative effects of spells and abilities that affect a creature's age
Special Power - Rarely, a Twilight Vampire gains a special ability when they join the ranks of the immortal. Roll a d% on a roll of 96-100 a Twilight Vampire may choose one of the following special abilities or an ability of equivalent power (subject to GM approval)

Mind Reading - Gain the ability to use read thoughts (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/readThoughts.htm) as a psi-like ability at will (Will DC 12 + Cha mod, ML = HD).
Pain Dealer - Gain the ability to use inflict pain (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/inflictPain.htm) as a psi-like ability at will (Will DC 12 + Cha mod, ML = HD).
Sense Link - Gain the ability to use forced sense link (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/senseLinkForced.htm) as a psi-like ability at will (Will DC 12 + Cha mod, ML = HD).
Thought Shield - Gain PR/SR (applies to both magic and psionics) equal to 13 + Cha mod).
Forced Empathy - Gain the ability to use telempathic projection (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/telempathicProjection.htm) as a psi-like ability at will (DC 11 + Cha mod, ML = HD)

You might need an additional template for Newborn Twilight Vampires, who have significantly greater Strength and speed.

Logalmier
2010-07-07, 09:35 AM
There needs to be a huge Cha bonus and a giant Int penalty for the TwiVampire.

Oh, and the ability to make everyone in a 30 ft radius circle to be Feebleminded by his good looks.

Here's a sample description:

"Sparkly Vampires (sometimes called Sparklepires) are a rare class of vampire know for the fact that when they are hit by sunlight, instead of being turned to ash, they sparkle, the way a 3 year old girl would sparkle after ingesting half of her fake nail polish. These vampires are also characterized for their extreme good looks, which they can use to make anyone in their immediate vicinity stunned at OMG LOOK AT THAT TOTTALY CUTE BOOOOOOY. HE IS SOOOOOO PRETTY! I WANT HIM. This power cannot be turned off by Sparklepires, which is fine by them, as they pretend to hate human company but secretly revel in it.

Occasionally, Sparklepires single out a single human female as a mate. They always choose girls that are so brain damaged that they have extremely low self esteem, even though they mentally insult random people for the tinniest things in their head. These girls that the Sparklepires look for are so extremely stupid, that they have no moral compass that can tell them 'Oh, maybe breeding with a vampire, an unholy spawn of hell, and wanting him to turn ME into a vampire too, then doing the whole thing again with werewolfs is not such a good idea.' When these two, the Sparklepire and the Brain damaged girl (who is always called Bella by the way; an unexplained phenomena with Sparklepires) meet, the Sparklepires pretends to hate her, then love her, then hate her again, then tell her she must never see him again, then love her, until the "Bella" comes to the conclusion that since he is so strong and fast and can read minds and sparkles in the sun, that he must be a vampire.

Dear god, where's Buffy when you need her?"

Yeah, something like that.

The Glyphstone
2010-07-07, 09:46 AM
Vulnerability to Snark (Ex): As a full-round action, a character may choose to attack a sparkling vampire not with weapons or spells, but hurtful and insulting comments. Treat this as a Diplomacy or Intimidate check with a DC equal to the sparkling vampire's HD - for each point by which the total exceeds the DC, the sparkling vampire suffers 1 point of damage.

Gametime
2010-07-07, 09:51 AM
The Sparklepire template shouldn't induce an int penalty; Bella proves that the vampires are just really, really stupid as humans, too. Just make it a requirement that you have an int of 6 or lower to begin with.

I'd be more interested in creating a template for their horrible demonspawn child, honestly. Some miserable cross between that half-vampire template and an Atropal?