PDA

View Full Version : I Broke my Arm.

Lord Loss
2010-06-09, 04:41 AM
Fine. It's Just a Fracture. But anyway. I have my finals for math geo history and french this week and my writing arm is broken) Can't write with the other. :smallfrown:.

Also, anyone know any fun stuff you can still do with a broken arm? Or good books/ movies? It's summer vacation so I'll have alot of spare time on my hands. Hands. Get it?

Teddy
2010-06-09, 04:51 AM
Fine. It's Just a Fracture. But anyway. I have my finals for math geo history and french this week and my writing arm is broken) Can't write with the other. :smallfrown:.

That's terrible. Hope you'll be fine soon!

You could ask your teachers if you could make make their tests orally instead. Math might be a bit hard, but the rest should work.

Also, anyone know any fun stuff you can still do with a broken arm? Or good books/ movies? It's summer vacation so I'll have alot of spare time on my hands. Hands. Get it?

Train up a lot of mad skills with your off-hand. Off-hand writing, off-hand painting, off-hand fencing - you name it. Then you can impress your friends with your newfound ambidexterity.

Nah, I don't really have any idea. Good luck, anyway!

llamamushroom
2010-06-09, 05:02 AM
I second the ambidexterity suggestion - it's so cool.

As for the exams, what sort of special provisions can you get? For important exams here you can get extra time and/or a scribe from a younger year. In any case, good luck.

Lord Loss
2010-06-09, 02:27 PM
Well. I no longer have to do my remaining finals. That's good, I guess. I decided to learn to shoot a Nerf Gun as an off-handed weapon, imposing a penalty to my attack rolls of -5...

Erothayce
2010-06-09, 02:29 PM
When i busted my elbow I kept doing everything that I did before. I didn't let it get in my way. Actually I've never let any of the bones I've broken get in the way.

2010-06-09, 10:11 PM
off hand fencing is really impressive-learn it! its mostly footwork and rules anyway i think, should carry over well to your primary hand.

Cleverdan22
2010-06-09, 10:12 PM
Yeah, definitely go for ambidextry. Also, get friends to sign and write funny stuff on your cast. Tributes to cheering up.

Mando Knight
2010-06-09, 10:20 PM
its mostly footwork and rules anyway i think, should carry over well to your primary hand.
There's also the hand-eye coordination... can't win if you can't get a touch...

Kiren
2010-06-09, 10:23 PM
What part of you arm did you fracture?

Lord Loss
2010-06-10, 10:25 AM
My radius. I have a big full arm cast (goes up to my shoulder almost) that'll stay on for 4 weeks, starting 2day. And then a smaller, waterproof one that stays for three more weeks. Fencing sounds nice...

Also, anyone know any online RPGs that don't require things like minigames or sharp reflexes or other stuff I can't do with my off-hand. Age of war 2 is quite fun ... http://armorgames.com/play/5933/age-of-war-2

Eon
2010-06-10, 11:22 AM
I've broken my arm a few times... :smalltongue: mostly stupidity...

you'll think of something!

thubby
2010-06-10, 11:41 AM
that sucks. as mentioned, give your teachers a heads up.
if you can take the math exam after school you can use the chalk board!

IonDragon
2010-06-10, 02:51 PM
Every time I've broken an arm/hand/finger it's pretty much ruined my summer. Can't swim, can't do that thing where they tow you behind the boat, can't even take a proper SHOWER. But it's not all bad. After a week or two your fingers loosen back up and you can still play video games, but I limited myself mostly to RPGs so I didn't over do it.

Protip: Save a pain pill or two. Sometimes you accidentally bump that arm on something and it really freaking hurts then it throbs for hours.

Books: Basically the same things I always suggest
Dresden Files
Sprawl Trilogy (Neuromancer, Count Zero, Mona Lisa Overdrive)
Throw Burning Chrome in there too if you like short stories

And if you like comics
The Boys
Black Summer
Squee
JTHM

Can't say no to the classics.

Lord Loss
2010-06-10, 03:02 PM
Well, I,ve been playing adventurequest ad watching corner gas :smallbiggrin:. I'll check out the Dresden Files.

TheThan
2010-06-10, 03:32 PM
That's terrible. Hope you'll be fine soon!

You could ask your teachers if you could make make their tests orally instead. Math might be a bit hard, but the rest should work.

Train up a lot of mad skills with your off-hand. Off-hand writing, off-hand painting, off-hand fencing - you name it. Then you can impress your friends with your newfound ambidexterity.

Nah, I don't really have any idea. Good luck, anyway!

I know something you don't know, I am not left handed!

Umael
2010-06-10, 03:43 PM

Look, I don't want to finger you, but what did you do to yourself? I mean, you say it so off-handedly.

Seriously, go with the ambidexterous thing. That suggestion really nailed it. Next you can go to two-weapon fighting... or just run, if you want to beat feet.

Lord Loss
2010-06-10, 06:32 PM
Soccer ball went over fence. I climbed it, but when I jumped off my foot got stuck in th fence and sent me flying at the sidewalk. It hurt alot at first.