PDA

View Full Version : Unknown, but Awesome, Class Rundowns

Pages : 1 [2]

theos911
2010-06-23, 06:50 PM
If your a DM, then no. If your a player, maybe. If your both then reallllyyyy no.

DragoonWraith
2010-06-23, 06:54 PM
Not for turning undead it doesn't
Yeah, I noticed that after I posted. Argh, well, that probably isn't very important since few people want to actually Turn Undead anyway, but it does ruin the Dread Necromancer shenanigans (which required heavy DM cooperation anyway).

Honestly, though, that particular facet really annoys me. The class would just work so much better if it just allowed that calculation for all uses of Turn Undead.

theos911
2010-06-29, 07:59 AM
Well, We've started something, let's not celebrate that by letting this die.
(I'll post a class, when I'm not feeling so cruddy:smallfrown:)

Optimystik
2010-06-30, 09:43 AM
I've got one: sort of. See below.

The Planar Vanguard (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20031219a) is a 3.0 psionic PrC. Unlike many of the other unupdated 3.0 psionic PrCs, however, this one could easily be updated to 3.5 - all the required skills and feats still exist:

Requirements
- Concentration 8 ranks
- Psicraft 8 ranks
- Knowledge (The Planes) 4 ranks
- Transdimensional Power (reprinted in Complete Psionic)
- Must be able to manifest a 4th-level power
- Must have spent some time on a transitive plane (Ethereal, Astral or Shadow.)

The article recommends a month on one of these planes at a minimum; however, it does not say that the time has to be consecutive.

Benefits:
- 9/10 manifesting
- Good reflex (???)
- 4+Int skills (excellent for a psion)
- Various planar immunities that can be shared with party members; more on this later.
- Able to stabilize the instability of various planes such as the morphic trait of Limbo or the magically morphic trait of the Plane of Shadow.
- Plane Shift 5/day
- Boost to ML when using Dimensional Anchor or Dismissal
- Reality Maelstrom - a 9th-level spell - as a PLA, 3/day. (The 3.5 version is in Spell Compendium.
- The capstone is Genesis Stone; more on this later as well.

One of the coolest aspects of this PrC is that it becomes immune to the bad effects of both the Positive and Negative energy planes. That means a PV can travel to the PEP to heal up, without worrying about suffering Death By Awesome. Take a lich with you, anchor him there and hold him off until he asplodes. And you can share these immunities with your party (1 person per class level) for 24 hours at a touch.

The capstone (Genesis Stone) is truly epic - your psicrystal becomes a demiplane, and you immediately gain another one (you would anyway due to how the feat works in 3.5, but it's nice that they explicitly state it here.) Moreover, your demiplane psicrystal retains its intelligence, meaning it can talk to you. So you end up with two pet rocks - one's just big enough to live on. Very nice, I'd say.

Coidzor
2010-06-30, 02:48 PM
That does seem pretty sweet. Kinda makes me want to learn psionics and get my friends to get comfortable enough with 'em to try 'em out.

theos911
2010-06-30, 09:04 PM
See, it's those kind of awesome classes that make me wish I was actually a player. Well having just ready silverclawshifts journals might have something to do with it too, but you get my point.

theos911
2010-07-12, 01:06 PM
This might be a necro, sorry if it is; I've been away on a trip and had classes and yaddaaa yadaaa yaddaaaa. Anyway here is an interesting one from CaDV.

The Maester

You need to be a gnome with 8 craft ranks and 4 UMD ranks and you must have 2 item creation feats and Arcane CL 5.

It is a poor BAB, good will save, 4/5 casting PrC. At 1 and 5 you get a bonus item creation feat. Also at level 1 you get quick crafting. This allows you to make any item in half the normal time required to make it. I recall someone looking for a way to craft things faster a while back, so I guess this is there answer. The neat thing about this class is it's lvl 3 ability to basically cast identify at will for free as many times per day as needed. It's not quite like casting it, but it is very similar. I think this is one of the most balanced classes I've ever seen. It's good for a 1 lvl dip, a 3 lvl dip or taken for all 5 levels. I don't know much about artificers, but this could be a cool PrC for them, although I'm sure there are better(Read:Less balanced or overpowered)ones out there.