PDA

View Full Version : Craft: ?

Scarey Nerd
2010-06-09, 12:18 PM
Is there any kind of comprehensive list of Crafts? And if not, what Craft would you suggest for a Half-Orc thug-for-hire?

Marriclay
2010-06-09, 12:24 PM
depends on what the orc does. If he's a warrior, like I assume he is, he'll probably be specialized in making and repairing things like weapons and suits of armor, rather than something like, say, basket weaving

As far as the comprehensive list goes, the one in the PHB is pretty complete, but if you find something not included there it means that the DM has to make a new one

Scarey Nerd
2010-06-09, 12:30 PM
He's a Barbarian, used to be a thug-for-hire but now just wanders around with a Halfling Cleric, he's not much of a skilled person, though he isn't stupid. I'm thinking possible woodcarving or something, for whittling in spare time, but I don't know.

gbprime
2010-06-09, 12:40 PM
Craft is really an "anything you can imagine" skill. For a wandering barbarian type, anything they don't need a workshop for is probably good, followed by armor smith or weapon smith just because it helps his career. But anything goes, really, if you have the backstory for how you learned it. Some you can tinker with yourself, some you'd need to study under a master.

I have a cleric with Craft - Brewing right now. After all, beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. :smallwink:

gallagher
2010-06-09, 12:44 PM
i would have a barbarian take craft:painting for two reasons

1)the artistic noble savage always intrigued me

2) magic pigments. he makes a craft painting check and can paint a tool into apparition. you dont need to make a wisdom check like shapesand, so your barb wont be as hurting with it

Scarey Nerd
2010-06-09, 12:45 PM
2) magic pigments. he makes a craft painting check and can paint a tool into apparition. you dont need to make a wisdom check like shapesand, so your barb wont be as hurting with it

What are these Magic Pigments you speak of?

KillianHawkeye
2010-06-09, 04:23 PM
What are these Magic Pigments you speak of?

From the DMG: marvelous pigments (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/wondrousItems.htm#marvelousPigments)

Marriclay
2010-06-09, 07:22 PM
From the DMG: marvelous pigments (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/wondrousItems.htm#marvelousPigments)

oh man, I remember painting a lava pit in a hallway, but not actually finishing the picture - then painting in the last of the outline once the monsters were standing on top of it. Classic.