PDA

View Full Version : World of Evil: IC

Kobold-Bard
2010-06-09, 02:29 PM
You stand atop a building some distance away, though the giant gold-coloured cathedral is easily visible. You have only known one another an extremely short time, but your present aim (if not long term goals) seem the same.

The crowds of excited people who have gathered to watch are interspersed with people wearing golden armour emblazoned with the Sun of Pelor, each carrying a golden mace and shield. They are the Paladins of the Dawn, the elite fighting force of Pelor's church.

A voice jumps into your mind, filled with malice. "Darken the Sun before they may pray before it", and your eyes are simultaneously drawn to the cathedral, through the outer wall to a colossal sun that is set on rails connected to the front wall.

Duskranger
2010-06-09, 02:38 PM
A small, dirty creature stands before you. On his head is a crown which shows in precisely the middle of the head a black swirling jewel is placed, or at least it looks like a jewel.

"Will do with pleasure." The creature says while smiling and looking at the persons below.
"I need a new zombie since my last one was mauled by a hydra. Ah well so many people, not enough time to make zombies of them all, sadly."

Milskidasith
2010-06-09, 02:47 PM
Donovan floats slightly in the air above the roof, looking towards the church. He's dressed fine cut black robes, his brown eyes scanning the area below.

How shall we do this? The subtle way, or the less subtle way? We could either fight or way through, or, my preferred option, pick off a few guards beforehand, or at least make them less willing to help their comrades.

While doing this, Donovan moves his arms, a slight glow emitting from his right shoulder, and suddenly vanishes from sight. He then begins scanning the ground below for any paladins or other guards who look to be alone.

OOC: Casting Invisibility for 3 spell points. I already have mage armor up for one spell point cost, so I've spent four of mine today.

Kobold-Bard
2010-06-09, 02:50 PM
The Paladins are in plain view (because Pelor doesn't do deceitful tactics) around the temple and crowd itself. Beyond that there are more mundane guards, travelling in pairs around the city keeping order. There are also assorted Clerics meandering around dispensing blessings.

Duskranger
2010-06-09, 02:53 PM
"I can sneak in with my size and skills. For you though, invisibility would be fun, or I make a slightly big smoking boom. And let them run towards that. We need one that attracts from at least 4 guards the attention, than draw them in a alley and kill them. after that I would like a couple of minutes alone with them and I will see what I can do. Taget the weaker ones just in case."

Milskidasith
2010-06-09, 02:57 PM
I have just the thing, my friend.

Donovan will fly towards the crowd, floating about twenty feet above them. He moves his fingers slightly, then snaps, and suddenly a high pitched, female shout bursts out from the side of the crowd farthest from the cathedral.

HELP! HELP, SOMEBODY! HE STOLE MY PURSE!

Donovan trusts that Ikanov heard the distraction, and will come down.

OOC:

Casting Ghost Sound.

Chambers
2010-06-09, 03:32 PM
Marcus Rillen

His brown cloak hanging listlessly on his back, Marcus flicks a black curl away from his eyes. Darken their symbol of power? The blood of one of their priests should do nicely. He nods at Ikanov. Lure them into an alley, and they will not leave alive.

He glances over at Donovan as the mage disappears. Perhaps we should take one unconscious and then slay him on the symbol itself? Marcus says as he rests his hands on the hilt of his blades, eyes watching the reaction of the church defenders to the cry for help.

Spot [roll0]
Listen [roll1]

Ernir
2010-06-09, 07:41 PM
At last, he is here. The hateful building within eyeshot, yet so far away.

The mage is resorting to trickery? Not the way Grimmur would have done it himself, but being ready to bend one's own morals when necessary is nothing but a sign of strength. And strength they will need.

He crouches, ready to drop on the guards if they move into the alley.

Duskranger
2010-06-10, 01:11 AM
Ivankov floats softly to the ground in the alley and casts a pyrotechnics spell (his SLA, the same as pyrotechnics the spell) to cover 20' of the alley with smoke.

Than he floats up again and hides on the roof.

Please guys, don't walk into the smoke, let them do it for you. As soon as the smoke disspates we can kill them easier."

Milskidasith
2010-06-10, 12:51 PM
(So where is everybody located, exactly? I'm in the air, and I think one of us is in the alley, but I'm not sure about the rest.)

Kobold-Bard
2010-06-10, 01:06 PM
A Guard pair rush off to help the screaming woman, others move in to keep the crowds away and pointed at the temple.

When they see the smoke however they hesitate and one rushes of to seek one of the Clerics or Paladins while the other runs in, assuming that if the mugger can deal with it, so can he. Couching calls out to the victim/yells at the thief.

Chambers
2010-06-10, 01:14 PM
Marcus Rillen

He watches as one of the guards runs into the smoke, the other returning for help. He says "I'll go down and act like I'm helping, then take them out once we're out of sight of the group." He moves to the side of the building away from the sight of the crowd and guards and leaps over the edge, grabbing hold of the roof. Holding on a for a moment, he flexes his legs and drops to the ground, trying to roll with the impact.

Dusting off this cloak, he hurries out of the back alley and hustles towards the entrance to the smoke filled alley. He stands back from the smoke and cups his hands around his mouth. "You! Guard! Do you need assisstance?" He says, a little louder than necessary.

Kobold-Bard
2010-06-10, 01:19 PM
The guard charges out sword drawn, but the smoke has all but blinded him and he misses you.

"You thought you could trick me you bastard" he bellows and he squints, desperately trying to get a better look.

Milskidasith
2010-06-10, 01:46 PM
Donovan watches the commotion from above, noticing the crowd moving uneasily due to the shouting. He'd prefer not to kill them, but they would certainly get in the way later on. He nods his head downward a bit, thinking.

Donovan suddenly moves his left arm outward, a smile on his lips. He waits for a second, then moves his left hand towards the sky, an massive roaring out above the crowd.

Get out of here now, or the next one won't be a warning shot! Donovan shouts out from above the crowd, still invisible.

Casting Great Thunderclap above the crowd; since it doesn't target any enemies, I should still be invisible. Hopefully, panic will ensue.

Kobold-Bard
2010-06-10, 01:54 PM
The Paladin's react immediately, three nearby firing a beam of Sunlight straight at the voice; one managing to hit home ((11 damage assuming you're not undead)).

The people freak and the guards corral them away with the clerics (though they go all ways, rather than all towards the temple like they would hope), one seeing the rest of the group on the roof and dropping a bolt of fire on them ((13 fire damage + 12 untyped)).

Milskidasith
2010-06-10, 01:57 PM
As the beam approaches the source of the sound, a rushing wind is heard, and it deflects away harmlessly.

Wings of Cover, immediate action. If they can see invis, they would see draconic wings bat the beam away.

I suppose we should roll initiative:

[roll0]

Duskranger
2010-06-10, 02:01 PM
From above Ivankov spits a acidspittle to the guard in the alley.

ranged touch: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

"Give me some time I will try to get this guard as soon as possible under my control after that I will help you all."

Kobold-Bard
2010-06-10, 02:04 PM
The acid burns but doesn't kill him. He throws his sword where it comes from and misses pathetically.

One of the Paladin's blows a golden horn and others answer from around the city.

Duskranger
2010-06-10, 02:09 PM
Another acidspittle goes towards the guard:

[roll0]
[roll1] (I put 1 extra essentia in it thanks to expanded capacity, the essentia comes from the necrocarnum vestment)

After the spitting I walk towards the guard,

Kobold-Bard
2010-06-10, 02:10 PM
He swings with his fists and misses, collapsing to the floor, awake, but badly burned and a bit melted.

Duskranger
2010-06-10, 02:16 PM
He has to do, sadly he is the best specimen there is for now. Ivankov CdG the guard and then resurrects it with his necrocarnum circlet. Making an incarnum zombie out of it (since I guess the guy fell down because he came to 0 hp or lower).

I take his HD in damage which can't be healed (so how much is that?).

I shift my essentia in a favorable way: 3 in necrocarnum circlet (expanded capacity)

My essentia is now:
Circlet 3
Vestment 2
Touch 2
Dissolving Spittle 2

Milskidasith
2010-06-10, 02:34 PM
So... whose turn is it?

Chambers
2010-06-10, 03:02 PM
Marcus Rillen

Marcus barely moves his head as he avoids the guards clumsy sword stroke. "Well..." He says, drawing his kukris, "I've never been one for much subtlety anyways." Watching as the guard falls to the acid, he turns his back to the alley and faces the church.

"Do whatever you think is best to darken the symbol. I'll keep the guards busy down here." He says walking smoothly towards the courtyard, slowly spinning the kukris in his hands.

Initiative [roll0]

Activating Robilars Gambit
AC: 25
Ranged AC: 27
Touch AC: 14
Ranged Touch AC: 16

I'm going to go ahead and roll my attacks of opportunity during my posts. This way if someone attacks me you won't have to wait for me to post and take the AoO then. With Robilars Gambit he get's an AoO whenever someone attacks him, regardless of whether they hit or not, and with Double Hit he attacks with both weapons during an AoO.

I'll do this every combat post - only need to check it when someone attacks him in melee.

Robilars Gambit Attacks of Opportunities: 5 AoO's

1:
Atk [roll1]
Dmg [roll2]

Atk [roll3]
Dmg [roll4]

2:
Atk [roll5]
Dmg [roll6]

Atk [roll7]
Dmg [roll8]

3:
Atk [roll9]
Dmg [roll10]

Atk [roll11]
Dmg [roll12]

4:
Atk [roll13]
Dmg [roll14]

Atk [roll15]
Dmg [roll16]

5:
Atk [roll17]
Dmg [roll18]

Atk [roll19]
Dmg [roll20]

Critical Confirmations (if necessary)

1:
Atk [roll21]
Dmg [roll22]

Atk [roll23]
Dmg [roll24]

2:
Atk [roll25]
Dmg [roll26]

Atk [roll27]
Dmg [roll28]

3:
Atk [roll29]
Dmg [roll30]

Atk [roll31]
Dmg [roll32]

4:
Atk [roll33]
Dmg [roll34]

Atk [roll35]
Dmg [roll36]

5:
Atk [roll37]
Dmg [roll38]

Atk [roll39]
Dmg [roll40]

Ernir
2010-06-10, 05:12 PM
Seemingly not afraid of anything that has happened, including the blast of fire that just hit us, Grimmur stands up and spreads his arms wide.

Out of nowhere, a black and spiky suit of full plate armor appears, and starts assembling itself on his body. Meanwhile, he draws his huge, glowing greatsword, facing the cathedral.

Initiative: [roll0]
Standard action: Activate my Called Armor
Move action: Take out my sword, and possibly move somewhere, depending on the answer to my question in the OOC.

Milskidasith
2010-06-11, 04:01 PM
So... what's the situation below at the moment? Who's turn is it?

Kobold-Bard
2010-06-13, 03:23 PM
People die when they charge at Grimmur. Let's just leave it at that.

((The Guard had 4 levels of Warrior and a level of Fighter))

Milskidasith
2010-06-13, 04:55 PM
Donovan chuckles for a second. His allies were clearly capable enough to handle the guards. Still, no reason not to make things a bit easier. He raises his hands above his head, then brings them both forward.

Well, time to bring down the house.

Suddenly, a burst of energy erupts in between the largest group of guards (aim prioritizing clerics and paladins over common guards, and not hitting any civilians if possible), slicing through them with wings of force.

[roll0] force damage, DC 21 reflex save or be dazed.

EDIT:

Casting wings of flurry.

Duskranger
2010-06-14, 09:34 AM
Ivankov gives Zombini the command to walk towards the church and try to get there as fast as possible. And off course do not attack anyone unless provoked. After those commands Ivankov puts the essentia from the necrocarnum circlet in his defense (which means +1 to AC and saves for every point in the circlet means +2 to AC and +2 to all saves). And flies up till he reaches the roof. He starts looking how Zombini does his approach.

Ernir
2010-06-15, 02:31 PM
Grimmur raises his sword into the air with one hand, and with the other, calls down a pillar of fire on the people Donovan just blasted with the wings of force.

"May your misguided souls get their rewards.", he shouts, and charges into the charred fray.
Swift action: Cast Flame Strike with my remaining 10 domain SP, auto-quickened through OC. Damage [roll0], half fire, half divine. Reflex save 21 for half.
Full round action: Charge something. [roll1] for [roll2]

Kobold-Bard
2010-06-16, 12:54 PM
A few guards are struck and stunned (two fall to the floor) as is one of the Paladins, but the rest weather the blow.

There are three Paladins (one is dazed) and three Clerics, as well as one functioning guard (the former partner of Zombini). The rest are clearing the people towards the temple.

The two functioning Paladins aim further blasts from their maces straight at Marcus ((1 hit, 30 dmg)).

One Cleric runs to the stunned Paladin and mutters under his breath, and he seems to focus, rallying and moving around. The other Clerics chant and assorted energies flurry around indeterminably, except for one who calls down a lightning bolt on Donovan ((Ref Save Please))

Zombini walks towards the temple.
-----------
Everyone go, I put all the enemies in one block for ease.

Duskranger
2010-06-16, 01:00 PM
While the chaos ensues Ivankov flies up (for a total of 120' (double move) or if possible 240' (if run/fly up for the same amount I could have ran)). I hope is is practically invisible since his size is small.

Milskidasith
2010-06-16, 02:38 PM
Donovan, seeing the cleric start to cast, raises his hand, and again, the lightning is batted away harmlessly.

Wings of cover, 3 SP, again.

After that, Donovan raises his hands again, firing another blast of energy into the assorted clerics and paladins (targeting any wounded first, thirty foot burst).

Damage: [roll0] and DC 21 reflex or be dazed. Again, wings of flurry.

EDIT: Damn, another poor roll; that's 7 below average.

Assorted spellcraft rolls:

[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]

That should be enough to identify all the spells, if I rolled well enough.

EDIT: And two rolls that are actually potential failures if they're casting high level spells.

Chambers
2010-06-16, 04:31 PM
Marcus Rillen

The blast hits Marcus square in the chest and he stumbles a moment. Eyes blazing he strides over to the two paladins who fired at him. "My turn." He says, and then slashes at both of them with his blades.

Regular Attacks (Using Robilars Gambit)
AC: 25
Ranged AC: 27
Touch AC: 14
Ranged Touch AC: 16

Attacking one Paladin first. If he dies then the remaining attacks will go to the other Paladin.

1:
A
Atk [roll0]
Dmg [roll1]

B
Atk [roll2]
Dmg [roll3]

2:
C
Atk [roll4]
Dmg [roll5]

D
Atk [roll6]
Dmg [roll7]

3:
E
Atk [roll8]
Dmg [roll9]

F
Atk [roll10]
Dmg [roll11]

Critical Confirmations

1:
A
Atk [roll12]
Dmg [roll13]

B
Atk [roll14]
Dmg [roll15]

2:
C
Atk [roll16]
Dmg [roll17]

D
Atk [roll18]
Dmg [roll19]

3:
E
Atk [roll20]
Dmg [roll21]

F
Atk [roll22]
Dmg [roll23]

I heal 5 points of damage for every hit.
After my first hit Combat Focus activates, granting me:
+4 Will saves
Fast Healing 4
+8 resist Bull Rush, Disarm, Grapple, Overrun, Trip
Blindsight 5ft

Attack of Opportunity Sequence

1:
A
Atk [roll24]
Dmg [roll25]

B
Atk [roll26]
Dmg [roll27]

2:
C
Atk [roll28]
Dmg [roll29]

D
Atk [roll30]
Dmg [roll31]

3:
E
Atk [roll32]
Dmg [roll33]

F
Atk [roll34]
Dmg [roll35]

4:
G
Atk [roll36]
Dmg [roll37]

H
Atk [roll38]
Dmg [roll39]

5:
I
Atk [roll40]
Dmg [roll41]

J
Atk [roll42]
Dmg [roll43]

1:
A
Atk [roll44]
Dmg [roll45]

B
Atk [roll46]
Dmg [roll47]

2:
C
Atk [roll48]
Dmg [roll49]

D
Atk [roll50]
Dmg [roll51]

3:
E
Atk [roll52]
Dmg [roll53]

F
Atk [roll54]
Dmg [roll55]

4:
G
Atk [roll56]
Dmg [roll57]

H
Atk [roll58]
Dmg [roll59]

5:
I
Atk [roll60]
Dmg [roll61]

J
Atk [roll62]
Dmg [roll63]

Kobold-Bard
2010-06-17, 01:09 PM
Ivankov shoots up into the air like a reverse comet, vanishing from sight ((Pallys & Clerics with Spot Ranks: yeah right)).

The Flame Strike annihlates the remaining guards, but the Cleric and Paladins struck stand resolute (if slightly charred).

Donovans spell is punishing, one of the Paladins is flung to the floor, but they all seem to resist the stunning effect ((2 Nat 20's on those Saves :smallbiggrin:))

Marcus tears at one of the remaining Paladins (the two aren't next to one another), hitting 3 times before he falls, smiling. As he hits the cobbles you find out why, his armour flares bright as the sun before exploding with a second of heavenly chorus ((35 untyped damage, Ref DC18 for 1/2))

The Clerics utter spells of healing, both unexploded paladins resoving as well as the clerics wounds fading. Both Paladin's position themselves carefully and fire at the injured Marcus ((another 28 dmg)).

-----------------
Y'all are up, they are all in the same area but no-one is within 10ft of one another.

Milskidasith
2010-06-17, 01:47 PM
((So, current situation is that Marcus is fighting on the ground, I'm floating about 20 feet up and blasting them, Ikanov is... flying directly away from combat while controlling his zombie, and Grimmur is also in the fray. By the way, it's daze, not stun [not a huge difference, but Daze immunity is rarer]))

Donovan steadies himself, moving his arms slowly. As he does so, the ground beneath the clerics (20 foot radius, to be precise), begins to shake, and invisible tentacles begin to lash out at them, preventing them from spellcasting (hopefully).

Casting Invisible Metamagic'd Black Tentacles. Grapple checks:

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Chambers
2010-06-17, 04:47 PM
Marcus Rillen

A grin spreads across his face as the paladin falls but is replaced with a grimace and grunt of pain as the fallen paladin's armor explodes. Covering his face from the blast, Marcus lowers his arms and stares at the bloody spot on the ground. Covered in blood and pieces of flesh, his body trembles in rage.

His gaze shifts to the two clerics and paladin caught in the grips of some invisible force. Smiling again, Marcus walks up to the remaining paladin, dropping his unique fighting stance. Pointing the blade at the paladin's throat, small lacerations on his arms can be seen to heal. "Clever. But I've faced worse." He says, slashing at the warrior.

Dropping Robilars Gambit.

HP: 40 / 92
AC: 29
Ranged AC: 31
Touch AC: 19
Ranged Touch AC: 20

Each hit heals 5 HP. Used 15/100 healing from the crystals today.
Edit: A is a possible Crit.

Attacks:
1:
A
Atk [roll0]
Dmg [roll1]

B
Atk [roll2]
Dmg [roll3]

2:
C
Atk [roll4]
Dmg [roll5]

D
Atk [roll6]
Dmg [roll7]

3:
E
Atk [roll8]
Dmg [roll9]

F
Atk [roll10]
Dmg [roll11]

Critical Confirmations

1:
A
Atk [roll12]
Dmg [roll13]

B
Atk [roll14]
Dmg [roll15]

2:
C
Atk [roll16]
Dmg [roll17]

D
Atk [roll18]
Dmg [roll19]

3:
E
Atk [roll20]
Dmg [roll21]

F
Atk [roll22]
Dmg [roll23]

Rolls for any regular Attacks of Opportunity

1:
A
Atk [roll24]
Dmg [roll25]

B
Atk [roll26]
Dmg [roll27]

2:
C
Atk [roll28]
Dmg [roll29]

D
Atk [roll30]
Dmg [roll31]

3:
E
Atk [roll32]
Dmg [roll33]

F
Atk [roll34]
Dmg [roll35]

4:
G
Atk [roll36]
Dmg [roll37]

H
Atk [roll38]
Dmg [roll39]

5:
I
Atk [roll40]
Dmg [roll41]

J
Atk [roll42]
Dmg [roll43]

1:
A
Atk [roll44]
Dmg [roll45]

B
Atk [roll46]
Dmg [roll47]

2:
C
Atk [roll48]
Dmg [roll49]

D
Atk [roll50]
Dmg [roll51]

3:
E
Atk [roll52]
Dmg [roll53]

F
Atk [roll54]
Dmg [roll55]

4:
G
Atk [roll56]
Dmg [roll57]

H
Atk [roll58]
Dmg [roll59]

5:
I
Atk [roll60]
Dmg [roll61]

J
Atk [roll62]
Dmg [roll63]

Duskranger
2010-06-18, 11:57 AM
Ivankov

Ivankov looks down from his vantage point and smiles while he flies towards the building. if he is precisely above it he will see if there are guards.

OOC:

How far is the building away from here.

Kobold-Bard
2010-06-18, 11:59 AM
((~600ft))

Ernir
2010-06-18, 12:19 PM
Not saying a word, Grimmur dashes forwards towards the cathedral, cloak flapping, sword held high.

Just running forward. With that blasted heavy armor, that brings me 60' closer.

Kobold-Bard
2010-06-20, 10:08 AM
Two Clerics are grappled, but the Paladin resists the invisible tentacles grasp.

The Paladin puts up a brave fight but he too falls, and just like the last one explodes as his last breath leaves him ((36 dmg untyped, Ref DC18 for 1/2)).

The others run towards the temple, but Zombini is cut off by a new Cleric who ****

The grappled Clerics are unable to break free or do anything of merit, though the Paladin does fire off another energy beam at Marcus, seeing as he's killed 2 of his brethren, but the swarming, though invisible tentacles battering him.

Milskidasith
2010-06-20, 03:10 PM
Grapple check to grab the paladin again:

[roll0]

Grapple checks for damage:

[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Damage:

[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]

EDIT: As for my actions, Marcus flies over to give the others support, and as he flies, sparks appear everywhere, landing on the new groups of enemies, nearly blinding them.

Casting Glitterdust for 3 spell points, DC 19 will save or be blinded, in a ten foot radius spread (aiming to hit multiple opponents if possible, and if I can only hit one, somebody within range of my two physical combat allies) and all the clerics pretty much can't ever hide, not that they would ever do so.

Duskranger
2010-06-20, 03:12 PM
Another turn while flying towards the roof from 240 feet up. While flying I activate my detect good ability (detect good at will, nothing mayor) and try to see stuffwhile flying.

Kobold-Bard
2010-06-20, 03:12 PM
Another turn while flying towards the roof from 240 feet up. While flying I activate my detect good ability (detect good at will, nothing mayor) and try to see stuffwhile flying.

Roll me a Will Save :smallamused:

Milskidasith
2010-06-20, 03:14 PM
How can he possibly be detecting good, anyway? He's a few hundred feet in the air and Detect Good's range is only 60 feet.

Duskranger
2010-06-20, 03:15 PM
Ivankov feels something trying to pull his will, but he tries to resist it.

OOC:

Willsave: [roll0]

He tries to detect good near the symbol which is I do not know how far and how high (since we didn't get any sizes).

Chambers
2010-06-20, 05:41 PM
Marcus Rillen

Though mentally prepared for it, the blast from the exploding paladin overwhelms Marcus and he stumbles back, dropping to a knee. These people are insane! What if an innocent was caught in that blast...? He pauses for a moment, then grins. Pulling a potion from his belt and quaffing it, he looks again at the church. No time for that now, but something to think about for later.

Pull and drink potion of Fly. Evaluating the battlefield. How far away from the symbol am I? How high up off the ground is it?

HP: 23/92 (need healing :smallsmile: )

Ernir
2010-06-20, 06:53 PM
Grimmur raises his hand high, waiting for the flying Marcus to come within arm's length.

Once the spell is cast, he asks: "Ready? Let's go." and keeps moving towards the symbol.

Standard action: Readied Cure Critical Wounds to be cast when Marcus flies into melee range. [roll0]
Move action: *Cloink* 20' towards the cathedral.

Kobold-Bard
2010-06-23, 05:43 AM
The temple is roughly 120ft in each direction, a simple square building with a huge translucnt gold dome on top. There is also a spire in each corner topped with a Pelor Sun Face. On the front of the building there is a big window (notre dame style) showing the Sun Face. Trumpets are blaring out of the Spires (I think they know you're there :smallwink:).

There is maybe 50ft in all directions around it, though that is full of people being shepherded either in or away from the temple. The buildings are simple dark brick, one and two stories. The buildings are spaced eough for 2/3 to walk abreast.

The symbol is a huge metal sun hidden in the building behind the wall below the window (maybe 80ft high), on rails as your vision showed you to roll out (you assume the wall will split).
-------------------------
The Paladin is ensnared.
The Glitterdust hits both the Cleric who turned Zombini and another that had joined him ((220ft range on that bad boy. WTF?! I never noticed that before.))

Ivankov sees a strong shimmer of gold everywhere (even the air), requiring him to squint a bit, but not hindering him at all.

Marcus sees two Clerics and a Paladin flailing at nothing (600ft-ish away fro the temple as peviously mentioned). He can see Zombini running like hell back towards you under Donovan, and two further Clerics glowing and shimmering. As he moves next to Grimmur he feels a surge of energy rushing through your veins, your explosion wounds knitting up.

The Clerics look displeased but seeing the undead fleeing and the armada coming towards them tey take the sensible option and leg it.

Duskranger
2010-06-23, 05:51 AM
Ivankov moves on, while wishing he hadn't activated his other sight. He will fly towards the room while trying to still be as invisible as possible.

Chambers
2010-06-23, 04:05 PM
Marcus

"Thanks." He says as Grimmur slaps him on the back. The energy courses through his body, healing his wounds. Rising slightly above the ground he speeds towards the temple, floating an inch above the cobblestones.

Fast Heal 4
Double Move (120ft)

HP 63/92

Milskidasith
2010-06-23, 06:20 PM
Seeing his allies on the move, Donovan also flies towards the temple.

Double move, 120 feet, still about twenty feet in the air.

Ernir
2010-06-23, 08:13 PM
Grimmur continues his advance towards the cathedral, as fast as his plate allows.

Run action, 60' forwards.

Duskranger
2010-06-24, 02:12 AM
Ivankov goes down towards the cathedral until he reaches the thing they need to destroy. Still thinking that he was not so smart in choosing what he did when he activated detect good. He stops the senstaion by willing it.

No more detect good for Ivankov near this place, since it's bad for his eyes. He de-activates it.
He still flies on, how long untill I reach the must-be-destroyed-at-all-costs-symbol.

Kobold-Bard
2010-06-24, 03:42 AM
((The symbol is still inside, you're actions meant they halted the ceremonies. The walls are worked stone, and about 1-2ft thick.))

Duskranger
2010-06-24, 03:43 AM
(Could Acid melt them?)

Kobold-Bard
2010-06-28, 12:57 PM
Ikanov reaches the temple and begins to feel woozy ((-1 all d20 rolls)).

Everyone else reaches the temple without incident, no more opponents come forward.

Once you're within 20ft of the temple you also begin to feel the wooziness, but there is nobody around.

---------------
The walls are 2ft thick, treated as Reinforced Masonry (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/dungeons.htm#walls), so technically acid will melt them, but unless it overcomes hardness it'll take ages.

Duskranger
2010-06-28, 03:19 PM
Ivankov flies towards the windows, since the ceiling has no openings. If no ones there he flies through one of the glassless windows and looks down to see if he can see anything like how many persons are down there and stuff.

Kobold-Bard
2010-06-28, 03:21 PM
((Main building or a spire, which are attached at each corner?))

Duskranger
2010-06-28, 03:22 PM
Main building sorry.

Kobold-Bard
2010-06-28, 03:26 PM
((Wooziness increases, -2 to all d20 rolls))

You are on a covered balcony, 30ft high. There is a Cleric in armour on patrol who hasn't noticed you (you're invisible right?)

Duskranger
2010-06-28, 03:29 PM
Wish I could say yes, but sadly no, just small. The cleric can see me with a good look.

Ivankov tries to stay out of sight. Tries to hide until he finds the symbol.

Kobold-Bard
2010-06-28, 03:33 PM
((I rolled for you and your Hide beat his Spot even with the -2. You are hidden on the balcony, though if you move he gets another one. He is 10ft away.))

Milskidasith
2010-06-29, 01:22 PM
I'll just float around and wait.

Kobold-Bard
2010-06-29, 01:27 PM
No one attacks you. Or does anything that you can see.

Chambers
2010-06-29, 03:37 PM
Marcus Rillen

No time for wasting boys. Marcus says, grinning. He floats up level with the large sun face of Pelor. Bracing himself, he charges straight at hit.

Strength check [roll0]
There's no DC listed for Breaking Windows, but I'd assume it's less than Breaking Down Simple Door, which is DC 13. If it's reinforced, perhaps a little higher DC?

Fast Heal 4

HP 67/92

Kobold-Bard
2010-06-29, 03:46 PM
You break through ((-2 to all d20 rolls from now on)) and are immediately engulfed by a blinding light ((22 dmg + Blinded, DC25 Ref for 1/2 & negate blindness)) with the window repairing immediately.

You are in a room with a thoroughly angry looking Paladin and a slowly twirling gold crystal that is emitting the light that is making the window glow.

Milskidasith
2010-06-29, 03:51 PM
So is there not time for me to rush in with him, or is the window still unbroken when I get there?

Kobold-Bard
2010-06-29, 03:55 PM
((It repairs at the end of the round, you can follow this round through his hole if you like. The Paladin acts after it closes, you can act if you like.))

Milskidasith
2010-06-29, 04:02 PM
Donovan rushes through ((After the light is gone), then waits for the paladin to take his actions.

I don't have anything against you personally. Leave now and I won't have to kill you.

Kobold-Bard
2010-06-29, 04:07 PM
"Hahaha...Oh wow, you're serious aren't you. Dude I am going to ****ing waste you both."

He tightens his grip on his mace and shield (his laughs seemed to be genuine).

Milskidasith
2010-06-29, 04:12 PM
(((... Did I just get insulted by a frat boy paladin?))

That was... something. Ah well.

Marcus quickly moves his hands out, blasting a ray at the paladin, crippling him.

Quickened True Strike (9 SP, a daily use of metamagic) one reserves of strength'd up ray of enfeeblement (1 SP) to caster level 15, burning my eye of clarity to avoid the stun.

Touch attack: [roll0]

Damage: [roll1] dex damage.

Ernir
2010-06-30, 06:59 PM
Grimmur follows the others through the broken window, casting Air Walk on himself to do so.

He stares maliciously at the paladin, sword gripped tight.

Duskranger
2010-07-01, 01:42 AM
Ivankov stays silently in the air, waiting for the cleric to go away.

Kobold-Bard
2010-07-01, 02:33 AM
Though he is obviously pained by the spell (dropping to one knee), h grits his teeth and looks up at you, holy fire burning in his eyes.

"Ignorant fool...you stand in the house of the Almighty Sun. Your defeat is a forgone conclusion."

With that a pair of golden wings explode from his back and he charges at up at Grimmur, bringing his Mace down across his chest ((18+6 Holy dmg / Everyone mace a Will Save)

"I warned you bitches of the Darkness, do NOT screw around with Pelor!"

Kobold-Bard
2010-07-01, 02:36 AM
The Cleric is intent on looking over the balcony, he isn't going to move
any time soon. You hear a patrol go past far below but they move
on quickly.

Duskranger
2010-07-01, 02:37 AM
Well, even so, Ivankov is taking a silent break before going on, this break is to take some time thinking.

Milskidasith
2010-07-01, 02:50 AM
Is he casting any spells?

Anyway, will save: [roll0]

EDIT: Blech, not such a great save there, though if he cast a spell I may still be able to change things up. I'll wait on whatever failing the save (since that's probably a failure) does before casting.

Kobold-Bard
2010-07-01, 03:35 AM
((It's not a Spell.))

Milskidasith
2010-07-01, 03:24 PM
((So... what happens to us?))

Ernir
2010-07-02, 12:47 PM
"Your house of the sun has become tainted and weak. And I already said my prayers."

[roll0]

Kobold-Bard
2010-07-02, 01:15 PM
Marcus is the only one affected by the wave of energy ((Marcus now takes -3 to all d20 rolls instead of -2).

Your turns....:smallamused:

Milskidasith
2010-07-02, 01:37 PM
Dear god you are annoying.

Donovan speaks with a bit of exasperation, blasting the paladin with a buffet of translucent wings.

Again, Wings of Flurry, damage [roll0] force, reflex DC 21 or be dazed.

Chambers
2010-07-02, 01:59 PM
Marcus Rillen

The blast of light burns Marcus' eyes. Arrgh! He cries out. The quick view he glanced of the room comes to his mind and he steps forward, sensing the glowing crystal. We'll see how well you see in the dark. He says, slashing at it with his kukris.

Fast Heal 4
5ft Step, Full Attack

HP 49 / 92

Attack Rolls (-3 to each)

Regular Attack
1:
A
Atk [roll0]
Dmg [roll1]

B
Atk [roll2]
Dmg [roll3]

2:
C
Atk [roll4]
Dmg [roll5]

D
Atk [roll6]
Dmg [roll7]

3:
E
Atk [roll8]
Dmg [roll9]

F
Atk [roll10]
Dmg [roll11]

Critical Confirmations

1:
A
Atk [roll12]
Dmg [roll13]

B
Atk [roll14]
Dmg [roll15]

2:
C
Atk [roll16]
Dmg [roll17]

D
Atk [roll18]
Dmg [roll19]

3:
E
Atk [roll20]
Dmg [roll21]

F
Atk [roll22]
Dmg [roll23]

Ernir
2010-07-02, 02:02 PM
"I."
"Have."
"The power!"

Grimmur's chest glows with energy for a moment before furiously retaliating.

Swift action to "spontaneously" cast Divine Power. Free action to activate Divine Might. Full attack the paladin, power attack for -4.

Attack 1: [roll0] for [roll1]
Attack 2: [roll2] for [roll3]
Attack 3: [roll4] for [roll5]

EDIT: Ewwwwwww...

Kobold-Bard
2010-07-02, 04:49 PM
The wings hit him, but he keeps his head and deflects much of the damage. ((Donovan make a CL check, he has SR.))

Marcus' attacks send echoing rings around the room, but he fails to damage the crystal. ((You fail to overcome it's Hardness. You can tell it's hollow though, and will break easily if you manage to do so))

Grimmurs dramatic retaliation fails, his massive strike parried by the Paladin.

------------------
"Dude, you guys suck."

The Paladin slams his Mace into Donovan, hitting him hard ((I'll post damage after you've decided whether to use WoC or not)).

Milskidasith
2010-07-02, 05:15 PM
((Jeez, he made the saves and had that 24+ AC even after taking -5 from 9 lost dexterity? That's... pretty tough.))

Anyway, CL check (assuming -2 to rolls doesn't affect caster level): [roll0]

And, as the paladin charges and swings at Donovan, suddenly [roll1] copies of Donovan appear, each as real looking as the last.

Greater Mirror Image for 7 SP; I think the best solution for if he hits the real me, assuming he can't see through it, is just to roll a 1dX (number of Donovans) and say he hits on a one and kills an illusion on any other number

Kobold-Bard
2010-07-02, 05:19 PM
((Crap! I forgot about the Dex penalty! Oh yeah, he failed that Save big time.))

So yeah....he's Dazed, so no attack & no need for Mirror Image. You can redo your action.

Milskidasith
2010-07-02, 05:26 PM
((Go debuffs! Go debuffs! Go, go, go debuffs!))

Donovan, seeing the paladin is unable to fight at the moment, lets loose another blast, this time attempting to hit the crystal and the paladin in the same burst.

Wings of flurry for another [roll0] damage, DC 21 reflex to halve. Hopefully that breaks the crystal. SR check: [roll1]

EDIT: Damn, a nice damage roll and a great SR check.

Kobold-Bard
2010-07-03, 01:50 AM
The crystal shatters and the room goes dim (Low Light).

----------
I'll post the Paladin's turn after everyone posts.

Ernir
2010-07-03, 12:56 PM
Grimmur doesn't pause for a moment when the Paladin is dazed, but keeps up the assault.

Swift action: Law Devotion on, for a +5 profane bonus on attack rolls. Power Attack for -4:
Free action: Divine Might on.
Attack 1: [roll0] for [roll1]. Miss chance for low light (1 misses): [roll2]
Attack 2: [roll3] for [roll4]. Miss chance for low light (1 misses): [roll5]
Attack 3: [roll6] for [roll7]. Miss chance for low light (1 misses): [roll8]

Chambers
2010-07-05, 03:06 PM
Marcus Rillen

These distractions will get us killed! Marcus floats back over to the window and touches it lightly with his foot. Okay, there's the glass. Grimmur! Can you restore my vision?

Fast Heal 4
5ft Step

HP 54 / 92

Kobold-Bard
2010-07-06, 04:45 AM
Grimmur's first two attacks land strong ((no crit)) as the Paladin regains his senses and flies to a top corner and glows bright yellow for a second, his wounds healing.

"Oh it's f****** on now chaps."

------------
Move: Move 30ft away.
Standard: Lay on Hands to emulate Heal.

Dusk: You gonna do anything? He's just one little Cleric with a bad Reflex Save, with an armour penalty to Balance checks, on a balcony 30ft up....

Duskranger
2010-07-06, 04:19 PM
Ivankov stays there observing the cleric, knowing that if he makes himself known he will not be able to do anything anymore. He has a plan to push the cleric of the balcony if he doesn't move though.

Ernir
2010-07-07, 05:33 PM
"Later, I'm busy!", Grimmur shouts at Marcus, and charges the Paladin again.

Swift action: Activate Smite (Ordained Champion ability) for +cha on attack and +level on damage.
Charge attack, PA for -5: [roll0] for [roll1]. Miss chance for low light (1 misses): [roll2]

(If I have any choice when it comes to which square I end up in, I'll try to pin him in the corner.)

Milskidasith
2010-07-08, 03:07 PM
Blah blah wings of flurry blah. There's only so many ways I can refluff the same spell.

[roll0] damage reflex save DC 21 for half and no daze.

Kobold-Bard
2010-07-12, 04:32 AM
The Paladin has his ass thoroughy handed to him this turn, and is dazed once again ((the dice hate me, he rolled a 4)). You are in the square blocking him moving sideways but he can go down assuming he lives long enough to do so.

----------
The Cleric scratches his ass and takes a couple of steps here and there, but his eyes are focussed on the ground, occassionally muttering prayers about this and that.

Duskranger
2010-07-12, 04:47 AM
With a swift charge Ivankov pushes the cleric from the balcony by rocketing his body at full speed against the back of the cleric. After that action he moves inside an tries to stay hidden again.

Kobold-Bard
2010-07-12, 04:51 AM
The Cleric spots you and kills you with a blow of his mace, cru :smallwink:

you catch him and heave him over the edge, a yell escaping hi before he hits slthe ground with a clang and a crunch.

While no one else is there to see you, instinct tells you that you won't be alone for long.

Duskranger
2010-07-12, 05:11 AM
He uses the roof and the pillars to stay as hidden as possible (if there are pillars inside). While still looking inside the building to see if he can find the symbol they are looking for.

Ernir
2010-07-12, 12:23 PM
Taking full advantage of the Paladin's vulnerable position, Grimmur lays into him in an impossibly quick storm of steel and blood.

Free action: Activate Divine Might.
Full round action: Full attack, PA for -5.
1. [roll0] for [roll1], miss chance: [roll2] (1 misses)
2. [roll3] for [roll4], miss chance: [roll5] (1 misses)
3. [roll6] for [roll7], miss chance: [roll8] (1 misses)

IF he is still alive at that point, I activate my Belt of Battle, spend all of its charges (swift action), and take another full attack.

1. [roll9] for [roll10], miss chance: [roll11] (1 misses)
2. [roll12] for [roll13], miss chance: [roll14] (1 misses)
3. [roll15] for [roll16], miss chance: [roll17] (1 misses)

Milskidasith
2010-07-12, 02:12 PM
Holy crap dude. You missed your best attack, rolled a 1 on one of your attacks, and missed all your next attacks due to concealment.

Kobold-Bard
2010-07-17, 05:52 AM
One of Grimmur's attacks does land and leaves a deep gash, but even while dazed the Paladin's wings interfere with Grimuur's vision, meaning most of his blows ring out against solid steel.

---------------
((Bloody holy men and their rubbish spot checks :smallannoyed:))

Ivankov finds a staircase with about 30 men armed to the teeth standing on it. Common sense tells you it must lead to the main front balcony, where the high priest was to give the ceremony (and where the symbol will be).

You also hear dialogue saying that they will go ahead anyway with the ceremony, some terrorists will not bend the will of Pelor etc.

((You have maybe 20 mins until the ceremony happens, the symbol is released and the place is officially consecrated as a High Temple of Pelor.))

Duskranger
2010-07-17, 05:54 AM
Ivankov moves quickly to the outside and stalks the sides of the building to where he knows/thinks the main balcony is. He will be carefull but also tries to move as fast as possible.

Kobold-Bard
2010-07-24, 05:37 AM
The Paladin's wings fade and he drops to the floor with a crunch. Unlike the others he does not explode.

You are in the room. There is the big window on one side and opposite it there is a door leading into the temple.

--------------
I ended combat because I lost track. I'n the future I'll do definite "end of round" marks.

Ernir
2010-07-26, 07:29 PM
Grimmur gives the Paladin one last stab through the face as he goes down, with a satisfied-sounding grunt.

"How many of you are hurt? We are on a tight schedule, but you are of no use to any of us if you're dead.", Grimmur says, and starts channeling positive energy.

5x Cure Light Wounds for me ([roll0] HP), 1x Remove Blindness for Marcus.)