PDA

View Full Version : Question about the rules on religion

Froogleyboy
2010-06-09, 07:26 PM
Okay, I've gotten my fair share of warnings about religious topics lately, so I've decided to be on the safe side and ask first. Okay, Religion talk is against the rules, but what about talking about greek/roman mythology? Is that aloud?

Andraste
2010-06-09, 07:33 PM
I think it isn't, but I'm not sure. It's been brought up before, but I don't remember the answer.

EDIT:Just searched it, see below.

The Forum Rules don't distinguish between modern and ancient, practiced or non-practiced, or anything else about the religion except "real world" and non-real world. If you keep your discussion to fiction, you're fine - at least until someone brings in real world analogies, then you're still fine as long as you don't then engage in the real world discussion, but the thread is likely to be locked.

And not that it matters for the purposes of the Forum Rules, but you'd be surprised what ancient religions people still follow in some form.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153890

Eloi
2010-06-09, 08:30 PM
I actually wanted to ask a rules question but didn't want to create an entire thread for it as it'd be like, two posts and gone, but what is the forum's stance on gore? Like, if you forewarn, can you have blood and violent deaths in say, comics posted?

Roland St. Jude
2010-06-09, 09:09 PM
Regarding the OP: See Balford's quote above.

I actually wanted to ask a rules question but didn't want to create an entire thread for it as it'd be like, two posts and gone, but what is the forum's stance on gore? Like, if you forewarn, can you have blood and violent deaths in say, comics posted?

Regarding this, the Forum Rules prevent "graphic violence." Don't dwell on or fetishize the violence in your PbP and don't get particularly gory or graphic in other areas of the forum (realize that unlike PbP you're not dealing with a fixed group who is playing a consensual fantasy). So in comics, no, don't be "graphically violent" in an extreme way. Obviously, this involved judgment, but err on the side of caution.