PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 Prestige Class: Toxic Avenger

Corporate M
2010-06-09, 07:36 PM
http://screencrave.frsucrave.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/The-Toxic-Avenger-Remake-6-4-10-kc.jpg
Yes, it's named after one of the best B movie franchises ever created. (And had it's own cartoon series for those who remember) The Toxic Avenger is a prestige class for those who want to relish in biological warfare in D&D...

Prequisites: Craft (alchemy) 5 ranks, can cast detect poison or detect disease, has overcome a poison or disease by saving throw atleast once.

Hit Die: d8
BaB: Full
Saving Throws: Good Fortitude, poor reflex and will.
Class Skills: Climb, Craft, Intimidate, Knolwedge-Dungeoneering, Jump, Sleight of Hand, Swim, Tumble.
Skillpoints: 2+int modifier each level.
Proficietcy: Simple and martial weapons.
Other stuff:
Level 1: Greater Detect Poison/Disease, Toxic Company
Level 2: Toxic Stench
Level 3: Toxic Touch
Level 4: Summon Ooze
Level 5: Toxic Immunity
Level 6: Hive Mind
Level 7: Immunity to acid
Level 8: Toxic Mind
Level 9: Toxic Body
Level 10: Breath Attack, Scum Aura

Greater Detect Poison/Disease (Ex) :
When you cast the spell detect poison or detect disease, all range aspects are doubled. (So instead of 25ft+5ft per level it's 50ft+10ft per level, and instead of detecting one creature of a 5ft square it's two creatures and 10ft square)

Toxic Company (Ex) :
Functions like the ability wild empathy, but only works on vermin, plants, and oozes.

Toxic Stench (Ex) :
As a move action, you may release spores from the body that release a terrible, putried odor. Causing all within 30ft that can smell to make a fortitude saving throw DC equal to 10+your toxic avenger level, or become sickened for one minute. You cannot use this ability again for another three rounds.

Toxic Touch (Su) :
As a move action, you can enhance your weapon with a special poison that deals +2d8 acid damage, and when succesfully hits, forces the opponent to make a will saving throw DC 12 or become disoriented resulting in flat-footed condition for one minute. You cannot sue this ability again for three rounds.

Summon Ooze (Sp) :
You can summon an ooze as the spell summon monster with an amount of hit die to divide per day equal to 2 per toxic avenger level. (To a maximum of 20 at 10th level) Treat this as a summon monster I spell, cast by a sorcerer of level equal to your toxic avenger level.

Example; at 10th level you could summon an ooze worth twenty hit die, or five worth fourt hit die, etc.

Toxic Immunity (Ex) :
You are immune to all poisons and diseases. (Even magical)

Hive Mind (Su) :
Large clumps of disgusting matter escape from your body and form into disgusting animals of the deep. When you are dealt damage, it automaticaly has a 5% chance per toxic avenger level of casting summon swarm as a sorcerer of level equal to your toxic avenger level. This lasts for 2+your toxic avenger level number of rounds.

Immunity to acid (Ex) :
You take no damage from the [acid] category.

Toxic Mind (Ex) :
You gain a bonus to will saves against mind-effecting effects equal to your toxic avenger level.

Toxic Body (Su) :
Your body becomes transluscent and gel-like, attacking you becomes difficult and you are always treated as having concealment.

Breath Weapon (Su) :
You can launch a breath weapon within a line of 100ft. This breath weapon differs from person to person, some toxic avengers breathe an abundance of oily sludge and others all sortsof nasty creatures like roaches and sewer rats. But the end result is the same. Because of it's a psychic based attack meant to disturb the foe rather then be a physical manifestion of disgust, all within the line can make a will save DC 20 to overcome. But if they don't, they become nauseated for one minute. This breath weapon can be used any number of times, but only once per day on the same target.

Scum Aura (Su) :
All creatures that can see you must make a will saving throw DC 15+your toxic avenger level, or your horrific appearance makes them permanently shaken against you. A creature that succeeds at this will save is immune to the scum aura for the next 24 hours.

It's a shame Book of Vile Darkness was 3.0, or this is what one of their prestige classes might've looked like. In games I'm in, I may just try to throwdown some BoVD prestige classes instead. But I definitelly like the mechanics of this. I just want to see if others find it to be reasonably balanced. It's probably better fitting for a class thats not a caster as to get it's goodies you'll be investing quite a few levels. Probably best for a fighter and just taking a dip in sorcerer.

flabort
2010-06-09, 07:38 PM
Uh, could you put everything into a table? it would make reading it all easier...

PersonMan
2010-06-10, 02:31 PM
Toxic Avenger
{table="head"]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special

1st|+1|+2|+0|+0|Toxic Company, Greater Detect Poison/Disease

2nd|+2|+3|+0|+0|Toxic Stench

3rd|+3|+3|+1|+1|Toxic Touch

4th|+4|+4|+1|+1|Summon Ooze

5th|+5|+4|+1|+1|Toxic Immunity

6th|+6|+5|+2|+2|Hive Mind

7th|+7|+5|+2|+2|Immunity to Acid

8th|+8|+6|+2|+2|Toxic Mind

9th|+9|+6|+3|+3|Toxic Body

10th|+10|+7|+3|+3|Scum Aura, Breath Weapon

[/table]
Alignment: Any
Hit Die: d8

Class Skills:
Class Skills
Skill Points at Each Level: 2 + Int modifier

There, the table and some stuff.

DracoDei
2010-06-10, 04:54 PM
Right, so you can edit in the table now... anyway:

Can summon Ooze be split up among several uses per day, or are any HD not used wasted for the day?

Hive Mind needs to specify what level of control you have over the swarms, and might need to be capped at once per round, or it becomes a short duration pre-battle buff with the rest of the party dual-wielding large sewing needles and poking just hard enough to cause 1 point of damage... or using Summon Monster I to duplicate the effects of multiple swarm summonings. A very simple solution to all this is that the swarms simply attack the one who dealt the damage that released them, and disperse if it dies.

I would suggest giving increasing acid resistance (if only up to 15 or so) before you give the immunity... then again, sudden changes in abilities might mesh with the mutation theme.

Breath Weapon: Does it effect mind-affecting immune creatures like undead, oozes, and vermin? I suspect not, but given the nature of the class, some might argue otherwise. Also, static DCs are usually something to be avoided. I suggest 10+Class Level+Charisma modifier.

Scum Aura: "shaken against the toxic avenger" is very vague. You need to specify what magical effects can remove it (since it is permanent) and if it only effects actions that are directly hostile to the toxic avenger, or all actions undertaken in the toxic avenger's presence.