PDA

View Full Version : A 3.5 Character Idea

Jackolas
2010-06-10, 09:03 AM
So I was thinking about Gladiators and stuff earlier and thought it would be interesting to convert one into a 3.5 fighter. My thinking was a fighter completely specced to fight with a trident and a net. Do you think this is a good idea for a character in a long term campaign or is it more of an encounter thing?

JeenLeen
2010-06-10, 09:08 AM
I believe, in Complete Warrior, there is a (tactical?) feat that is a fighting style specializing in trident and net. If you want a build, what level do you start at, what races and books are allowed, and any relevant houserules?

Compared to other fighting styles, it won't be as powerful, but you could make a compoetent character. What level of power and optimization does your party use? Also, how availiable are magic items and how many other players are casters? Casters generally beat melee, so you might grow bored if you are the only melee.

gbprime
2010-06-10, 09:13 AM
Not an awesomely powerful combo but not useless either. And there is a weapon style feat for it. It that's your motif, go for it and just have fun.

Jackolas
2010-06-10, 09:34 AM
Its pretty much core with a few house rules. I would be starting at level 5

Critical
2010-06-10, 09:36 AM
Complete Warrior's Net and Trident Style is your best bet, otherwise, you can just throw nets then attack with our trident, however, it is sub-optimal.

Hendel
2010-06-10, 01:26 PM
I have only seen the Net and Trident style used once in a character and that player was not very strong tactically so it did not work very well. I do think it is a nice option and if you play it correctly, it looks to be very effective.

It is perfect for a gladiator build.