PDA

View Full Version : Recurring Villain DMPC Critique and help needed!

gallagher
2010-06-10, 11:17 AM
hey all, i just made my first DMPC (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=214584)

A spellthief 2/duskblade 5/Unseen Seer 1, and will be the party face of a group of recurring villains.

i need help decking him out. I know i technically gave him one extra feat, but i, as the all powerful DM, am giving him the exotic weapon proficiency for war domain from arcane disciple. havent had the time, since i am about to pass out for sleep, to look at how much money i have already spent on him, but hopefully it isnt too much. IIRC a level 8 character gets 27k? if needed he can be rid of the ring of protection +2.

really just need a few opinions, and suggestions on what wands i should give him (for ranged touch attacks, i am assuming, and the suchlike, as he doesnt have much of a ranged potential outside of wands)

and i picked war domain because A) in the game war is a constant struggle, and B) because divine power is wicked cool.

anyway, thanks for the help. this guy is going to be in a group of 3, maybe 4. the two other guys are going to be a Tiger Claw Warblade who has a pair of (homebrewed) Tiger Claws for his TWFing, which shall be based off of the Scorpion claws from sandstorm (so he also has bonuses to grappling), and a Half Minotaur Water Orc also TOB but not sure what class to give him. are there any homebrewed TOB classes that are similar to a barbarian?

not sure on the best race for the TWF'er. each of the characters are going to be roughly the same level, but they will each have a +1 LA.

anyway, please give any help and advice you can please!

CHEERS!

valadil
2010-06-10, 11:34 AM
Just to give fair warning, folks around here don't take kindly to DMPCs. You're probably going to get criticized just for using one and the thread will likely spiral out into a discussion of whether or not DMPCs are evil.

gallagher
2010-06-10, 11:46 AM
Just to give fair warning, folks around here don't take kindly to DMPCs. You're probably going to get criticized just for using one and the thread will likely spiral out into a discussion of whether or not DMPCs are evil.

he is not going to be their teammate. he is going to be a part of the group who are recurring villains. i shall change the title to fix that