PDA

View Full Version : What's in a signature?

The Succubus
2010-06-10, 01:14 PM
Mildly curious. I see a lot of weird and wonderful signatures on here - just wondering what inspired some of them, why you chose certain quotes or comments, or just generally bragging about the awesomeness of your own.

Icewalker
2010-06-10, 01:31 PM
I have a signature I switch out weekly in my sig. I do love quotes. There's a link to an archive with a lot of old quotes, from Legalist philosophy to Tennyson to Alice in Wonderland to Megas XLR. Just so many great quotes out there.

Cicciograna
2010-06-10, 01:31 PM
I always wondered why Roland St. Jude has the signature he has.

Shas aia Toriia
2010-06-10, 02:08 PM
I started off with just a bunch of links, but over time I won awards and titles, which is most of my sig. Thanks to the limit on size, this is about all I can do, even if I would like more in my sig.

Unless somebody that knows how wants to combine the pictures in my signature into one huge mega-pic.

Starscream
2010-06-10, 02:14 PM
Well, as you can see I've gone through multiple avatars since joining this forum. People kept asking what happened to Deadpool after I switched to Konata, so I started putting my old ones down there whenever I switched to a new one, so people who remember my avatar but not my name can still recognize me.

As for the part in the spoilers tag, those are the main characters from my favorite anime franchise ever, Lupin III. They are Lupin, Jigen, Goemon and Fujiko, in that order. For a while I'd been planning to make Lupin into yet another avatar, but I could never get one that looked quite right. He has a rather odd shaped head (very long and thin), which doesn't translate to the OOTS style very well, where "slightly oval" is the closest head shape available.

I labeled the pic "How to play rogues properly" because rogues are my favorite D&D character class, and one reason I love the Lupin franchise is that the four heroes (a gang of thieves) represent four very different but equally valid ways to play that class, and each are entertaining in their own way. Lupin is a flamboyant, over-the-top trickster, Jigen is a gruff snarky antihero, Goemon is a serious and stoic warrior (and a good example of how a thief can be lawful) and Fujiko is a deceptive and scheming femme fatale.

So in a sense, what I'm saying is that there is no way to play a rogue properly, because these four characters are wildly different, but each is an excellent example of how to get an entertaining character from that class.

Kobold-Bard
2010-06-10, 02:19 PM
I have a thanks to the person who made my currently used avatar and my favourite quote until I find a better one. I used to put all kinds of stuff in it, but it bores me and gets deleted.

Athaniar
2010-06-10, 02:38 PM
I guess the most notable feature of my signature is the Latin. Yes, it is actual Latin (even though it wasn't really at first), praising the movie Avatar. Perhaps there is something more important I could have there, but meh. In the spoiler I have a few links (including links to previous avatars and "sigatars", plus a quote. The actual context involves reptilian humanoids (especially kobolds), and yes, I still like reptilian humanoids (especially kobolds).

GrlumpTheElder
2010-06-10, 02:43 PM
I've still kept aspects of my first sig (the bit about GTE).
As for the rest, just showing off my stuff (and other peoples) :smallbiggrin:

I find that It's nice to have all my avatars in one picture as it's slightly different to the lining them up (and takes up less characters; I can't add anymore else I top that limit :smalleek:)

Dallas-Dakota
2010-06-10, 02:50 PM
Just amusing quotes about me / bragging about my ridicioulesness.:smalltongue:

Sometimes have avatar credits there, but ever since I got that infraction for my signature being too long (even after I double checked, it was apparently still too long, my bad), I like to keep it short and clean.

Syka
2010-06-10, 02:52 PM
My current one is the second chorus of a Matt Nathanson song. I finally got around to picking up two of his CD's (Beneath These Fireworks and Some Mad Hope), and absolutely fell in love with "Pretty the World" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWYuf-X82iM). It's got a great sound to it, it's hopeful, and it is pretty much exactly how my boyfriend makes me feel. He has such a different perspective on the world and when he believes in himself...It's incredible.

Before that I had some lyrics from Billy Joel's "Vienna Waits For You" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VLMTegJDcQ). It's all about not letting life consume you and not moving to fast. Enjoying life. I never want to forget how to enjoy being a kid. :smallsmile: The particular part I chose (You got your passion you got your pride/ But don't you know only fools are satisfied?/ Dream on, but don't imagine they'll all come true/ When will you realize/ Vienna waits for you) particularly sung to me because it's acknowledging your limits while never stopping striving to be better.

Before that, I don't remember exactly but it was something regarding the RWA thread.

AstralFire
2010-06-10, 02:55 PM
I don't think there's much to say about mine; it's effectively advertising for my creative endeavors.

The Succubus
2010-06-10, 03:13 PM
Mine are relics of the glory days of Crack Pairing. The Drago-Camel is a beast of my own creation, lovingly remastered in glorious 2D by licoot. The quote by Starscream was during the very height of Crack-mania - I like it because it captured the insanity of the posts beautifully.

Darklord Xavez
2010-06-10, 03:24 PM
First: were you inspired by my What's in a Name thread?

Second: Mine is pretty self-explanatory. My username's pronunciation is there because I don't think most people know that an X can be pronounced as a Z.
-Xavez

Drakevarg
2010-06-10, 03:29 PM
Just a pair of quotes that I thought were suitably filled with win. Used to have some homebrews on there, but I got rid of them to make room for the quotes.

Oh, and there's the DeviantArt link that no one ever clicks...

Kobold-Bard
2010-06-10, 03:30 PM
Just a pair of quotes that I thought were suitably filled with win. Used to have some homebrews on there, but I got rid of them to make room for the quotes.

Oh, and there's the DeviantArt link that no one ever clicks...

Ooooh, I almost fell for that.

You're a reverse psychology expert :smalltongue:

Drakevarg
2010-06-10, 03:39 PM
Ooooh, I almost fell for that.

You're a reverse psychology expert :smalltongue:

I honestly wonder how many more pageviews I would get if I simply changes that link to say "Do Not Click This Link"...

AstralFire
2010-06-10, 03:44 PM
I've considered doing that, though I decided to instead opt for name recognition and an onslaught of links showing off what I've made in the Anteheroes Universe.

Drakevarg
2010-06-10, 03:47 PM
I've considered doing that, though I decided to instead opt for name recognition and an onslaught of links showing off what I've made in the Anteheroes Universe.

When I have an actual product to offer up besides concept art and insane ramblings, I might consider doing that.

The Rose Dragon
2010-06-10, 03:52 PM
My signature is a quote from one of my stories that I never took the time to write (yes, I'm a megalomaniac). Agent Glory is not a field agent, working for the NSA as she does, and does not really have combat training, compared to her fellow agents, who are from DIA, CIA and (formerly) FBI, so she is supposed to act as off-field support. However, she never quite manages to do that, with constant interruptions from various life-threatening situations, including poorly-edited musical montages (it happens).

EDIT: Also, I keep mentally casting Jewel Staite in that role, for some reason, despite never having watched anything by her.

Darklord Xavez
2010-06-10, 03:54 PM
I honestly wonder how many more pageviews I would get if I simply changes that link to say "Do Not Click This Link"...

Lostfang did that for his BiteFight account. The link says "What's This?" and leads you straight to where you get part of you eaten. Now I'm angry at him.
-Xavez

Lady Tialait
2010-06-10, 03:55 PM
My siggy is just a little sample of my personality. There is a quote from Winston Churchill in the spoiler, one I love. And the 'quote' under the old man is my personal motto.

Quincunx
2010-06-10, 03:55 PM
Mine is a quick guide for roleplaying archetypes, for other people, and a memento mori, for myself to reflect upon whenever I've just unleashed a particularly unhelpful post.

Drakevarg
2010-06-10, 03:56 PM
Lostfang did that for his BiteFight account. The link says "What's This?" and leads you straight to where you get part of you eaten. Now I'm angry at him.
-Xavez

Heh. I used to own a BiteFight account. But I generally lose interest in those kind of games after a week or two.

Depite this, I still receive an email from them every few months or so with some new offer from their sponsors or somesuch. I don't even read the things, so I'm not sure.

The Extinguisher
2010-06-10, 04:14 PM
I can't even remember what's in my signature. I know it's got some awesome Uncle Festy art, but that's it.

Oh yeah. That quote. Good times.

Szilard
2010-06-10, 04:15 PM
I think mine is just awards and quotes about myself, though I've been meaning to make a cool banner for my signature. Whatever, I'll get to that eventually. I also have a few links to projects and the such I've worked on. I think.

Jokasti
2010-06-10, 04:59 PM
I change mine all the time. I think it's just a CS Lewis quote and a plug for Bibliography.

Dusk Eclipse
2010-06-10, 05:10 PM
My signature right now is just gving credits to the maker of my avatar and the maker of the smileys I use in Ganji & Enor's fanclub thingy.. also a link to my first hombrew attemp

Mauve Shirt
2010-06-10, 05:25 PM
I had quotes in mine, til I found Nathan's entry to the Space Opera Iron Avatarist. And it just fit so nicely with my Star Trek OS theme. The counters at the bottom refer to various actions against me in SMBG. And the rest, well, I have some trophies, and some other artwork.
I wish I had room for a link to my blog. And for some of the great quotes I see around.

Trog
2010-06-10, 06:04 PM
One person managed to successfully translate the runes in mine.

Also, I have signatures turned off so I never see anyone's. Much easier to wade through the posts that way, I find.

Cobalt
2010-06-10, 07:06 PM
A link to Fanfiction.net, a videoless Youtube page with hundreds of favorites, and a quote from Rutskarn. And gixG17. Oh, and my stats as a DnD character. I used to have crappy avatars I made in paint in under an hour as rushed things to use for Avatar Week, but I got rid of them to put in the DnD stats and gix's paper quote.

By the way, those DnD stats are spot on. If I were egotisical enough to make them myself from scratch, that is exactly what they'd be.

Pheehelm
2010-06-10, 07:06 PM
I alluded to mine here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8630816#post8630816) in the "What's in a name" thread. It's taken from the description of the Pheehelm given by old woman in the Magick Shop. It's part of the ego-tickling I mentioned back there.

Before that, I don't remember exactly but it was something regarding the RWA thread.It was Pyrian's thing about comparing chocolate to physical affection, I believe.

You also used to use your signature to wish us cheers. You don't wish us cheers anymore. :smallfrown:

MeatShield#236
2010-06-10, 08:43 PM
Just a compliment someone gave to me that I found flattering and a quote from a random video game NPC that I found meaningful.

Syka, thanks for linking to that song, it's beautiful. Just beautiful.

EleventhHour
2010-06-10, 08:49 PM
Pictures. >.>

Lots of pictures nicely provided by other artists.

arguskos
2010-06-10, 10:55 PM
Before that, I don't remember exactly but it was something regarding the RWA thread.
You, very recently (like last week recently, since I remarked on it to a friend), had lyrics from a Cage the Elephant song in there, In One Ear, I think it was. Or at least, I'm pretty sure it was you.

My sig isn't very amazing. I have some past avatars in there to honor their artwork. I have a link to all my homebrew on this forum. I have a link to some extra emotes that a fine member of the community made. That's really it.

KoboldRevenge
2010-06-10, 10:56 PM
I haven't thought of what mine should be so i just use the coolest provided ones

The Vorpal Tribble
2010-06-10, 11:20 PM
Mine used to have a quote and a pic, but then I got... involved.

#1. My banner changes each month for each monster competition, and I've run'em for 5 years.

#2. Iron Avatarist was started by some of our top artists on the forums, Roland took over to make it official, and then you all began misbehaving so he had to give it to me to run. Some great work in there.

#3. All the homebrew I've been making since I started playing D&D.

#4. My campaign setting I wrote from the bottom up.

#5. Website of the magazine I've been writing for a couple years til I quit a month ago.

#6. My DeviantArt site with a selection of my photography.

Dragonrider
2010-06-11, 12:06 AM
I have:

1. DFTBA, which is, of course, a vlogbrothers/nerdfighting reference.

2. a png that's not only a link to my conlanging/constructed world website, but also bits of (l-r) Korbeth, Aywen, and Meron, three languages I invented. I just spent some time trying to find the document where I wrote the translation (it's the same verse of something, translated into three languages), but it's gone. Anyway. Click the linky.

3. Song lyrics. For about a year it was a verse from Cat Stevens' Foreigner Suite ("Foreigner", 1974), an 18-minute song that about three people in the world (including me) like. Now it's the chorus of Barenaked Ladies' Summertime, from their March 2010 album, "All in Good Time".

rakkoon
2010-06-11, 06:22 AM
Actually mine are all about the Werewolf games I played. A comment, my stats and two songs about me by the almighty Supagoof.
It's a sig about me but one song also reminds me of my failures so it keeps me level headed.

(Failure: said I would protect an important figure in a Werewolf game, didn't come online for two days, he was killed :smallannoyed:)

Raz_Fox
2010-06-11, 11:03 AM
#1. A quick statement on who I am, and why I'm here, and how seriously you should take whatever I'm posting.

#2. A thank-you to whoever made my avatar (Recaiden, at the moment)

#3. Two quotes. The first was the first quote I ever sigged, which still makes me laugh if I think about it; the second is one that still amuses me even after the Star Trek thread is long gone.

Djinn_in_Tonic
2010-06-11, 11:17 AM
I think mine speaks largely for itself. :smallbiggrin:

Krimm_Blackleaf
2010-06-11, 11:26 AM
Mostly showing off.

Elder Tsofu
2010-06-11, 02:43 PM
A memento of a very fun playground game held by Freshmeat.
It describes my participation from an onlookers perspective. :smallwink:

Thufir
2010-06-11, 03:04 PM
I (almost) always have a quote from something, a spoiler with quotes from here, and curses on the Atlantic ocean.

Originally, the quote was always changing, and I had it be something from whatever I'd read most recently, but that got to be too much work, so now it's always just a reference to whichever avatar I'm using at the time. Sometimes I may have a picture as well.
The quotes, I have a selection of quotes to choose from, saved in a Word document. If possible, I try to choose ones which are somehow relevant to the avatar.
Many awesome Playgrounders live on the wrong side of the Atlantic Ocean. As a result, I have, on 8 separate occasions thus far, exclaimed "Curse the Atlantic Ocean!" on here. So I added it to my sig.

Zocelot
2010-06-11, 08:55 PM
The first line in my sig is taken from the Monty Python sketch about the world's funniest joke. It is the version that is supposedly translated into German, although it is actually mere nonsense.

_Zoot_
2010-06-11, 09:28 PM
Mine is made up of a thank-you to the artist of my most fine avatar and then my harvest of quotes from this site. It keeps it neat and simple.

Yeah it isn't very original, but I like it! I am especially fond of the quote from Solo, a person that I very much admire for his work with Sorcerers.

Kaiser Omnik
2010-06-11, 09:55 PM
Because Evil Overlords are so cute! How could anyone refuse to hug one?

Castaras
2010-06-12, 04:30 AM
Before when I first came here I loved long, filled to the brim signatures.

Nowadays, I have a small one - the quote from my (not-so) bitter rival, Timberwolf, ruler of the killer midgets, which greatly amused me. And the link to my game - which I should change to say that the game has now started. *scuttles off*

J.Gellert
2010-06-12, 04:54 AM
I had a link to a NWN2 module I am making, but it's going slowly, so no need for that yet. Now I just have a list of my gaming accomplishments (strategy & rpg).

I don't remember exactly what the artifacts are, I didn't save the mental list when I was writing the sig. All I remember now is that the One Ring and the Sword of Armageddon is among them.

I'll probably make a new sig if and when I start posting stuff about my own campaign setting. But I doubt anyone cares about it, so I haven't shared anything yet.

:smalltongue:

Manga Shoggoth
2010-06-12, 05:30 AM
Hmmm... Checks Sig...

Actually, just a reminder to other posters to read carefully rather than take the posting at face value, couched in the manner of too many of the warnings that I see on food these days (my daughter has a severe peanut allergy).

Dr. Bath
2010-06-12, 05:48 AM
Pokeymans.

Cobalt
2010-06-12, 09:16 AM
Pokeymans.

They give me nightmares. I hope you're happy.

SpiderMew
2010-06-12, 09:23 AM
Open my spoiler and click my giant sword.

Or check out my play.
Thats what my sig is abouts.

Lord Raziere
2010-06-12, 09:45 AM
eh, its just an advertisement for the website of my friend who has this freeform roleplaying game going on and a few other friends, anyone is allowed to join as long as they are good roleplayers., just be sure to read the backgrounds for things ok?

Jokasti
2010-06-12, 10:02 AM
I changed it to three lines of three. I like threes. Aldo colors.

Andraste
2010-06-12, 02:17 PM
First is my favorite quote by Roland. Then I've got the evolution of my current avatar, (reverse chronologically).
After that is the internet that I won, my vB Code guide, my gallery of OOtS avatars, and my PbP player registry.

Blue Ghost
2010-06-12, 02:33 PM
I have made my signature as much as possible a tribute to my friends in the Playground.

The first line is the obligatory explanation of who I am, so people can tell at glance. The doll is something that Recaiden made for me after the D War, as a token of friendship, and the trophy is the silver Wizard in the Playground trophy.

In my spoiler, I have a link to an old Shipping story which I wrote. At the time, it was a semi-accurate representation of my feelings, but I believe I'll take it out soon, as it no longer fits my situation. The second link is to Silverraptor's excellent Paladin Academy story, which I consider an excellent story and fitting with my sig theme.

The quote by Recaiden is from the "Caption TPAY's Avatar" thread. It doesn't make as much sense with my current avatar, but it is addressed to those friends who have left the Playground, or who are leaving soon. Originally it was addressed to Je dit Viola.

I gave special mention to Saint Nil and Je dit Viola in my signature, for they have not only been very dear to me, but they have both encouraged me in profound ways: Saint Nil for teaching me to always do the right thing, even on the Internet, and Viola for showing me the value of sharing a hug and a smile. :smallsmile:

Cleverdan22
2010-06-14, 07:19 PM
My signature contains my personal life philosophy, and an old thing regarding one of the many threads about an OotS movie. I'll likely change that part soon.

ForzaFiori
2010-06-15, 12:08 AM
My signature (and explanations), for those who care or cannot figure it out.

Formerly known as mf11
Previously used name. Stuck it here after I realized that people actually knew who I was

Thanks Serp for the superb avatar!
Avatarist shout out. Serp made the awesome shield I sport as an avatar

R.I.P. Liz. You were taken too soon. We miss and love you.
R.I.P Albert.
Liz was a good friend of mine who was hit by a car and killed about 2.5 months ago. Albert was a family friend who died of a heart attack a week later.

Future Clemson University Student! Go Tigers!
This fall, I will begin attending Clemson University, in Clemson, SC (my hometown). Their mascot is the tiger, and their colors are Orange and Purple

[Internet counter]
Saw one in another signature, and thought I would start one as well. People can click the link and award me internets for being awesome.

Serpentine
2010-06-15, 01:02 AM
Lets see...

I have problems with people accusing me of being a naga or a yuan-ti. It's understandable, but I created Serpentine long before I knew of either.

A neat quote from the poster-formerly-known-as Faulty. Didn't have enough room to quote it properly.

Do it, dagnabbit! It's a lot of work! Even if it's not up to date at the moment...

My prize shelf, mostly IA with some "in the Playground" awards and nominations. Click on it for a larger version. Also I've been granted a couple of internets in my time.

I think that quote from Fred Hollows is one of the most important sentiments of today.

Finally, a couple of links that I was constantly referring to for a while, so I threw them somewhere handy. They were written in response to a spate of complaints about "nice guys" and the goddam "Friend Zone" and "why won't soandso like me?" Hasn't come up much in recent days, but I still find it handy to keep on hand.

arguskos
2010-06-15, 01:07 AM
Currently, and for the foreseeable future, nothing resides in my signature. Same with my avatar.

Works for better men than me, should work for me too. :smallredface:

Kobold-Bard
2010-06-15, 04:55 AM
Currently, and for the foreseeable future, nothing resides in my signature. Same with my avatar.

Works for better men than me, should work for me too. :smallredface:

Holy carp that was unsettling. Apparently I recognise people by avatar because it took me 2 tries to figure out where I knew your name from :smallredface:

jumpywinghim
2010-06-15, 06:22 AM
My signature changes at a whim. Some signatures I USED to have:

- An excerpt from the poem, LOVELESS, in the game, Crisis Core, along with a picture of the main antagonist reading the excerpt.

- Info about Noctis Lucis Caelum, the main protagonist of the game yet to be released, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, accompanied by a close-up picture of him.

- Info about Eldarians from the game, Star Ocean: The Last Hope, with a picture of the most awesome Eldarian, Arumat P. Thanatos.

As you may have gathered, I like video games :smalltongue:.

As for my current signature...I play D&D (I'm a newbie though), and I took a liking to the dragon god Bahamut. I also like the Final Fantasy version of him!

Dogmantra
2010-06-15, 06:56 AM
A hilarious printing joke (with link to thematic cover song!), links to a couple of fun teams, thanks to Vulion, request for underwear to be thrown at Vulion (in a good way) and the two hilarious quotes of the moment.

onthetown
2010-06-15, 09:15 AM
A great quote that I just really liked.

Credit to my avatar.

I took that D&D questionnaire thingy.

A silly little catchphrase I've been using for a few years now. If you've seen the bank guy on the television warning you to, "Watch out for apples masquerading as oranges," then that's more or less it. I'm an apple masquerading as an orange. I'm agile enough to do so. Actually, it won't make sense no matter how you put it. I just really like that commercial.

And my deviantArt account.

Ravens_cry
2010-06-15, 07:42 PM
Let's see.

A quote from my favourite normie in the webcomic Girl Genius.
A link to the best thread derailment ever in the form of a blessing from She Who Holds Us Softly In Her Paws
A link to a "poem" I penned for a rather intriguing philosophical discussion, with the final words as the link quote.

Eloi
2010-06-15, 07:47 PM
My signature consists of unoriginal plugs for even more unoriginal homebrew material. Yay.

BlueWizard
2010-06-15, 11:33 PM
Right now, I am trying to save good X-Men everywhere! :smallcool:

ninjalemur
2010-06-16, 12:12 AM
Just explaining my name.

Cealocanth
2010-06-19, 10:39 PM
I saw the quote and was inspired, so I decided to add it to my sig, with the person I saw it from's permission of course. I have never seen them since...

Also, a word on my avatarism, and me in DnD stats. Other than the quote, nothing really special yet.

Sneak
2010-06-19, 10:59 PM
My signature changes fairly often, but I like to keep it short. I follow the "minimalism is key" philosophy of signatures.

Currently, it's pretty self-explanatory. A link to a song (the song changes). And it's not capitalized! Trendy!

It used to say "song of the day," but then I realized that I was pretty much just changing it whenever I felt like it, so I decided to use the more vague "song of the moment" instead. :smalltongue:

Copacetic
2010-06-19, 11:01 PM
My signature changes fairly often, but I like to keep it short. I follow the "minimalism is key" philosophy of signatures.

I'll do you one better. :smalltongue:

Salbazier
2010-06-19, 11:08 PM
Characters I play in this forum's PbPs and a Banner for one my games right now.

Sneak
2010-06-19, 11:10 PM

I'm not sure that qualifies. Minimal is not the same as empty. :smalltongue:

Ravens_cry
2010-06-19, 11:25 PM
I guess that means a negative signature would be one that erased part of your post.:smallamused:

Pyrian
2010-06-19, 11:37 PM
I turn off signatures. :smalltongue: If I really want to see somebody's sig (usually because they reference it in a post) I can look it up on their profile. Mostly I find sig's just clutter the board with repetitive stuff.

Salbazier
2010-06-19, 11:41 PM
I turn off signatures. :smalltongue: If I really want to see somebody's sig (usually because they reference it in a post) I can look it up on their profile. Mostly I find sig's just clutter the board with repetitive stuff.

Yet you have a signature :smallconfused:

Anuan
2010-06-20, 12:04 AM
Yet you have a signature :smallconfused:

Which is very short, changes constantly (apart from the link to the LJ) and is often made of quotes from other Playgrounders. So not really repetitive or cluttering.

Hence why making it into Pyrian's sig is a high honour :smalltongue:

RipperOfShirts
2010-06-20, 12:15 AM
Generally when I do sigs for any web forum, I put whatever come to mind at the time. They also tend to change a lot

Timberwolf
2010-06-20, 06:16 AM
My sig.

Well, the first ever forum I belinged to was a Mechwarrior 4 teams. They all had these amazing signatures images, like nose art for their mechs if you like. When I joined the team, they very kindly did one for me. It remains the most awesome sig I have ever owned and I feel wrong without it. My poor efforts cannot compare. The only reason it hasn't been included here, despite my username being different is because I'd have to spoiler it and that would make me cry.

Here it is.

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p75/dwgh/TBSiegfried.gif

The quotes, the first is my friend Charlie having a senior moment. the second I really like because I think its true.

In the spoiler is my one and only werewolf game award for being a pain in the neck and breaking the game and the link explains my username.

Copacetic
2010-06-20, 11:40 AM
I'm not sure that qualifies. Minimal is not the same as empty. :smalltongue:

Eh, point. Maybe just minimal on a different level. :smalltongue:

I guess that means a negative signature would be one that erased part of your post.

Perhaps if I put a "-1" in there? :smalltongue:

Jimorian
2010-06-20, 11:51 AM
I guess that means a negative signature would be one that erased part of your post.:smallamused:

Something that was probably feasible back in the days of control-characters.

The Vanishing Hitchhiker
2010-06-20, 03:13 PM
The climax of Snoopy's "dark and stormy night" novel. And sometimes some eggs - previously Dragon Cave, but I've retired my scroll there. Current obsession: GPX.

arguskos
2010-06-20, 03:28 PM
Holy carp that was unsettling. Apparently I recognise people by avatar because it took me 2 tries to figure out where I knew your name from :smallredface:

Just keeping you sharp. :smallwink:

Moff Chumley
2010-06-20, 06:43 PM
Pokeymans.

oh u

Ahem.

The top of my signature has always (or almost always) belonged to whoever made my current avatar. Historically, I followed that up with a few of my favorite quotes, but at the moment, I have my ACRO character in there. Because I'm too stupid to remember who my character is. I'm not kidding. The "meme" quote has remained constant for a while and will not change in the foreseeable future, and the other one is whatever ridiculous and puerile bit of nonsense I happen to take a fancy to at the moment. :smallcool:

Errandir
2010-06-20, 06:47 PM
A distinct lack of inspiration.

Dvandemon
2010-06-20, 07:02 PM
I like quotes and I found the ones I have particularly witty and funny. The Xykon one came up when I was talking to my friends about slavery, and eventually I decided to attribute it to someone. The links are for to forums i'm shamelessly plugging, and I refer people to the awesome avatarists I got help from

Symmys
2010-06-20, 07:49 PM
I have a disclaimer and a wonderful passage from Carpe Jugulum.

ghost_warlock
2010-06-20, 08:41 PM
Past glories and locked threads.

Cealocanth
2010-06-21, 10:29 PM
I have a disclaimer and a wonderful passage from Carpe Jugulum.

I like that quote. It's got just enough humor.

[Edit: Hey! Orc in the Playground. Nice surprise.]

Jokasti
2010-06-21, 10:33 PM
Past glories and locked threads.

Why Zalgo? Why?
Also, I changed my sig cause I changed my avatar, but wanted to keep the old one.