PDA

View Full Version : AssassinKing's campaign

AssassinKing
2010-06-10, 02:34 PM
The HQ of the Warden in Germany is in a small building on the border of Berlin. The location is easy to get in and out of the city and reach the government if necesary. It will also be easier to get supplies that are needed to survive. You have all been recruited for your abilities to bring balance between modern civilization and nature.

Obrysii
2010-06-11, 07:09 AM
A rather large bear had appeared near enough to the headquarters to likely give several people a fright - but it had a specific pattern on its face, likely from a fight or perhaps a natural marking, to make it clear whom it was. A rather unusual being - Alcaeus of the Bear - had arrived.

With unusual swiftness, the bear transformed into a Wood Elf - a richly tanned, dark-haired, almost Greek-like in look being. A scar ran down his face - which altogether was not ugly, but nothing to win a beauty contest with. His arms, legs, and even torso were wire-like but like a typical elf, quite thin.

Knocking on the door, he felt his amulet of health - its thinking could not yet be felt, but somehow he knew that it was telling him to go forward.

Ridai
2010-06-11, 08:11 AM
A lot has happened in the four years since Tempest's soul awakened from slumber and her body reformed on Earth again. Practically an infant in the beginning despite possessing the body of an athletic fully developed woman, she was found and taken in by Bela around the time the WCML was formed. A constant thirst for violence and complete lack of mercy made the Wardens consider many times to put her kind on the list of creatures that are just dangerous to everyone and thus need to be exterminated. Only Bela's tenacity and influence saved the firstborn Valkyrie from death and with time, she matured and learned, discovering that she slowly started to care about other things than fighting and especially other people. Now, the Wardens are like a family to her (at least what she thinks having a family is like), even those who still don't trust her, with Bela and Vanessa at the core.

Berlin has been her most permanent home ever since she was brought here after she was discovered. The ceilings inside are pretty high, so Tempest (or Lynn, as she is officially called) can still stand upright with a bit of room above her head, but it might become more difficult in the coming months as she will continue to grow. Her keen ears hearing Alcaeus long before he reaches the door and presses on the button to let him in.

Once arrive in the lounge, he can see the over eight feet tall Valkyrie relaxing on a sofa, her muscular, shapely frame taking up two of the three seats. Tempest eyes the werebear with her bright blue eyes, black hair falling between black wings resting against her sides. "Welcome back."

Feralventas
2010-06-13, 03:49 AM
Seeing the world from an avian creature’s perspective is a relatively unusual one in and of itself to a traditionally bipedal creature. The shift from the primary dimensions of a horizontal axis to include the vertical was one that might prevent a more reserved shape-shifter from daring to seek the skies when unnecessary…
As Alcaeus made his way into the compound, a small, black bird parted from the flock it had been flying amongst and darted down toward a tree near the entrance he might be expected to use. The bird’s silent gamble soon proved true, and as the elf soon walked through the automated door, the blackbird swooped carefully about him before carefully flitting up and onto his shoulder.

First daily use of “Winged watcher, with approximately 24 minuets of the 48 used, assuming a non-combat round.

Obrysii
2010-06-14, 10:18 AM
The beastly elf looked tired - he'd been out on some mission which was best left to others to describe - and needed a fair bit of rest. He stepped inside, and eased himself into a chair, looking around with slightly blurred vision as a small avian appeared.

"Seems a bit has changed since last I was here," he said, his eyes gazing over the bird, past it - around the room - before settling back at the table, looking over its grain and texture. "I hope I get a rest before the next mission."

AssassinKing
2010-06-17, 09:45 PM
(The HQ is an apartment looking place from the the outside). As you enter the HQ there is a Butler at the front that is welcoming you as you walk in. (When you walk in, the first room is 500 ft to the other side of the building, to the right is about the same distance but leads into a different room which might be a dining room because it looks like it has a dining table, to the left is another wall with a door. There is also two sets of stairs one to the left and one to the right that go up connecting to a overlook, towards the back it looks like there are hallways that might go somewhere. The outside of the building looks like it will fall apart, but from what you can tell the inside is worth millions of dollars because of the variety of art on the walls and it basically looks like a brand new mansion.) The butler walks up to you.Welcome, members of the Warden, I will take you to your private quarters, So if would follow me. He does this for everyone when you get to the HQ if you don't come at the same time as eachother.

Ridai
2010-06-18, 12:42 AM
Lynn follows the butler and lets her gaze wander over the interior on the way, appreciating how the place changed over the years.

AssassinKing
2010-06-18, 01:40 AM
The butler takes Lynn up the stairs and turns left into the furthest hallway to the left and opens the 10th door on the right. He gives Lynn the key after unlocking the door he walks in to open the blinds to a window and you have a really nice view of the city and out in the distance you can see a forested area. Directly to the left of the door is what seems to be a closet, then there is another door that goes to the bathroom. The whole suit looks as good as the rest of the apartment building.

Feralventas
2010-06-18, 02:06 AM
The small blackbird remains astride Alcaeus' shoulder, it's oddly shaded eyes darting back and forth, as if attempting to memorize details of the path way, as well as watching any other people traversing the headquarter's paths. It pauses for a moment though, it's perusal appearently suspended in favor of being certain of the time of day as the tiny bird's focus falls on a ornimental grandfather clock.

[roll0]
Spot check, Just to make sure all's clear and see if there are any inexplicably new or suspicious face.

Ridai
2010-06-18, 04:04 AM
"My, my. When did I become a queen?" Lynn takes a while to examine her suite closely, appreciating the properly sized furniture. She will probably still have to be careful about moving her wings, but that's nothing out of the ordinary indoors. Too bad there are none of her training weights in here, but they would probably only ruin the room. Once she is done with putting her things where they belong and testing the bed (a bit longer, as it is much, much more comfortable than what she is used to), she goes to explore the building a bit and look for the others, carrying her large, heavy chain (folded and secured in the "sheath" tailor-made for her) with her.

Obrysii
2010-06-18, 08:40 AM
Alcaeus, finding it odd that a bird would approached, much less roost, on his shoulder, reached up to gently touch it - for in spite of his tremendous strength, he possessed a fine enough dexterity for this task.

"I think I have a new friend," he said, smiling - making it abundantly clear that, while wise, he was no more than average in intellect or charisma; he was not the talker of the party. The observer, yes - the talker, no.

"Hope you have a name already," he said - before trying to look in the direction of the bird's gaze.

[Spot check 1d20+18=19 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2568493/), which means I rolled a 1; I am having a major brain fart and can't remember if you fail skill checks on a 1, if we do, then I auto-failed.]

AssassinKing
2010-06-18, 11:28 AM
The bird doesn't spot anything suspicious but there are a lot of exotic decorations from around the world. Alcaeus doesn't spot anything either. The butler comes down the stairs to greet Alcaeus. Welcome comrade, I will take you to your private quarters. Is that your pet bird? Please, follow me to your quarters. The butler takes you to the top of the stairs but going to the right at the furthest hallway, and takes you to the end of the building, he opens a door to the left and gives you the key to the room and opens the windows(One is in front of you at the far wall and one right next to it but on the parallel wall to you if you looked forward. The first window you have a good view of the city and a forested area out in the distance. The second window to the right has an airport that looks small, you think it could be a private airport with helicopter pads. You notice that the windows are sound proof as you see planes and helicopters are coming and leaving. The closet and the bathroom doors are to the left and right next to your bed is a bird cage.

Obrysii
2010-06-19, 12:56 PM
"They were quick to add that, huh?" Alcaeus said - to the bird, whom he assumed was more than a mere wild creature. He would offer it his hand, and would set it upon the top of the cage (not inside it) if it was willing.

"I wonder when the next mission will be - I do not much care for this sort of luxury," he said. In bear form he could exist with great comfort in the wilderness, and that was where he found he could best focus his mind.

AssassinKing
2010-06-19, 11:33 PM
Assuming you guys don't have anything else you want to do.

A new day has begun, the butler comes to your rooms to wake you up. (you hear a knocking on your door) Breakfast will be served and you will have your first briefing in aproximatly two hours. (there is still some time to explore the whole apartment after you are finished with your meal)

Feralventas
2010-06-20, 02:36 AM
The bird, having spent most of the day in a reletively quiet and unimposing manner (save for occasionally flitting about the room to grab bits of left-over snacks) finished off its day by inexplicably growing in over-all size in an exponential leap. Any oddity in this event was appearently lost on the avian, who promptly pretended nothing had happened and soon went to sleep for the night.

The next morning, the cage was empty and vacant, though the room it inhabited was now populated with a moderately sized huskey-esque dog which greeted the wardens warmly as they woke of their own accord and waited patiently by the door, occasionally pawing at it in case no one opens it with any sort of expediancy.

Ridai
2010-06-20, 02:54 AM
After taking a shower and getting dressed, Lynn slowly makes her way to the dining hall, occasionally looking down the opposite corridor to see if Alcaeus and Vanessa are already up and if Bela has arrived. She has the luxury of not having to eat or drink (or sleep), so she only eats breakfast for the taste. Actually, she is looking forward to it, simply to see how good the kitchen personnel is.

Obrysii
2010-06-20, 08:55 AM
"You aren't what you seem," Alcaeus said, as the bird had disappeared during his evening trance and was replaced by a dog. He had a suspicion, but lacked the knowledge to have any real understanding. If it had been a fellow lycanthrope - maybe; but he'd never heard of a werebird-dog thing. That seemed silly.

"Well, let's go," he said - the dog already scratching at the door.

AssassinKing
2010-06-21, 09:28 AM
A man walks up to you before you enter the dining room, and you probably assume he is the leader or commander of the warden. You three. I am sending you on a mission at noon so get your equipment. I will brief you after you are done eating. There is an armory here so if you need any combat equipment we have it just in case but hopefully you won't need it.

When you get done the butler has you follow him through many different hallways into a giant room that was obviously made for briefings. This map will guide you to the locations you need to get to. Your mission is simple. There is a tribe of orcs and some other creatures that we have never heard of at war with eachother and we need you to stop it. They have been causing deadly incidents with innocent civilians of Germany. So we need you to find where they are and see if you can find a peaceful solution to this mess. You might have to fight them knowing that they are both violent races so be prepared for anything. Go to the armory if you wish, there is plenty or weapons and ammo to spare. We will send you to the location by helicopter about half way between both tribes for our safety. Good luck Warden.

Obrysii
2010-06-21, 09:45 AM
Alcaeus nodded - he had little in the way of supplies. His ability to search for food in the wilderness matched with his monk's training meant that he had little need of such material goods. And he'd prefer not to take much, in spite of his fantastic carrying capacity.

"I will need ammo for my pistol," he said - though he was a horrible shot. There were fresh recruits in some police schools that had better aims. "But other than that, I can move out now."

Ridai
2010-06-21, 11:31 AM
"Looks like Bela too busy right now to come with us." Despite aiming to appear indifferent, those who know Tempest can hear that she is a bit disappointed. She frowns at the thought of taking guns with her, despite being a good shot even with her absolute unwillingness to ever use them. Her very nature rebels against the idea.

"I'm good, let's go. If the usual kind of talking fails, maybe we can challenge their leaders and beat them in duels to make them listen to reason. Lightning and wings should help with the whole awing the tribes thing," Tempest comments, already looking forward to the duels. The pacifistic approach comes first, though, thanks to her education. Negotiation is one of the many skills she picked up throughout the years, she didn't exactly train it extensively. Making people crap their pants usually worked wonderfully, however.

Feralventas
2010-06-21, 11:56 AM
Ah, the simple world of greys that is canine vision. While the sounds and scents gave perceptions of colorations beyond visual explenation, sight itself was something of a fun experience in contrast to the sharpened avian gaze.

The dog kept pace without any need for encouragement or incentive, appearently quite content to continue the farce until such time as it became problematic. There was little doubt that a bowl of some sort could be arranged at the dining hall, and weapons weren't something that canine paws need worry about either.

But while hearing might have been disreguarded, listening was not, and so began the contemplation of what to do reguarding the conflict....

Lyndworm
2010-06-21, 10:17 PM
"Prokleti!" The sound of the furious exclamation is coupled with a loud crash and the two mix into a silence that sweeps the building for a few heartbeats.

A massive orc leaves a smaller meeting room on the left side of the briefing hall. His snow-white hair is worn in a thick, messy braid halfway down his back. He stands nearly seven feet tall and he's built like a tree with a beer gut. He wears no shirt, but a loose mesh vest is draped across his torso and a loose pair of hide pants cover his lower half. Tight, dark brown leather gloves with a sliver design cover his broad hands. His broad, naked shoulders ripple with muscle hidden by a thin layer of fat, and his great belly shakes very little as he moves. Around his neck (which seems wider than his head) is a necklace made of teeth, claws, obsidian, and malachite. More white hair decorates his arms and back sparsely, but the hair on his chest and stomach makes fur feel insecure. Attached to the vest are a great many small bottle-like objects that could be grenades, an enormous pair of bolt cutters, a large bowie knife, a pair of binoculars, and some conspicuously bulging pockets. On his back is a scoped rifle too big for even him to use properly and a sack full of apparently heavy things. Sticking out of his pants at his left hip is an extremely oddly shaped pistol.

He's scowling ferociously until he spots Tempest. He mutters something to himself and his expression lightens considerably. In a much calmer, much softer, slightly too-loud, voice he says "Greetings, Wardens. I am Edvard 'Bela' Jaromir, but I'm also known as 'the White One,' 'the Pine Bender,' and 'the guy in charge.' I'm normally a bit better dressed, but I chose to blend in with the locals this morning." He sighs heavily, his eyes flicking to Tempest. "I must apologize for my outburst... I will contain myself better on the mission, I assure you."

Ridai
2010-06-22, 05:11 AM
Seeing Bela arrive brings a smile to the Valkyrie's face. "I don't mind it, it has a certain charm to it. And I almost thought you didn't want to go on missions with me anymore. Let's go, everyone." Now she feels completely at home. Tempest lets Bela go first out of respect (recognizing him as the only one she truly allows to give her orders) and gently caresses the husky behind it's ears with incredible dexterity (especially in relation to her nearly titanic strength) a bit before she follows.

Lyndworm
2010-06-22, 05:43 AM
Bela chuckles at Tempest's remark. "Yes, muj andel, let us be off. We are wasting time here, methinks." He heads toward the armory, but not before shooting the hound a knowing look. He had been briefed on their strengths and weaknesses before the meeting, and knew what she was.

Ridai
2010-06-22, 09:49 AM
If anyone other than Bela would have called her what he did, he or she would have been on Tempest's bad side for weeks. As it was indeed Bela who said it, she feels quite happy about it, despite her warrior nature. "Loving my new room, by the way. Guess I owe you dinner," she adds once they have left the briefing room.

Lyndworm
2010-06-22, 10:47 AM
Bela frowns quite deeply at that. "I've nothing to do with the rooms, actually. They're too extravagant for my liking, but it's hard to argue with free room and board." More gently, he says "I'm gladdened to hear that you enjoyed your stay, though. Relaxing can be good for you. Trust me; I know." The last bit trails off into something between a chuckle and a growl, but Tempest know it's more the former than the latter.

Obrysii
2010-06-22, 11:12 AM
In a different life, in a different world, Alcaeus and Bela would have fought one another to the death - viciously using each's own powers to their fullest for some ancient strip of land, for some old blood oath. As an Elf, Alcaeus felt the Orc was a little unusual, with his large frame in contrast to the werebear's lanky, wire-like form.

This world was different. Orc, Human, Elf - it didn't matter. They all came from the same lands, all suffered the same pains. Morality seemed fluid, less concrete.

Alcaeus nodded in agreement to Bela, "I think I rather prefer a good tree to sleep under than a bed to rest in."

AssassinKing
2010-06-22, 01:16 PM
The Sgt. over hears the comments about not having nice luxary and whispers to himself. This isn't even the worst mission. One day during a long mission you will be begging for this place. He stands up and takes you to the armory. (in the armory are all kinds of weapons, rifles, grenades, tazors, etc.) After you are done with taking whatever you need he will take you to the airport. When you get to the airport you are lead to a chinook helicopter.

Lyndworm
2010-06-22, 01:37 PM
Bela looks at the contraption with distaste, but he boards the craft just the same.

Ridai
2010-06-22, 02:18 PM
Tempest nods. "Having a nice large bed I can stretch out in when I want to sleep is so nice. No one will ever take that bed from me."

When she hears the Sergeant mumble to himself (thanks to her supernatural hearing), she quips "Don't be too hard on them, Sergeant, they are more the camping types." The Valkyrie takes nothing from the armory. If she needs to subdue someone, she always has her hands and hooves. Once at the airport, the 8'5" tall Tempest keeps her head and wings low, hoping that she will have enough space in the helicopter so that she can stretch out her legs. Otherwise, it will be a very uncomfortable trip.

Obrysii
2010-06-22, 05:51 PM
"To fly on mechanical wings must be odd for you, Tempest," Alcaeus said, sitting and locking himself down, "I am eager to test myself - that is all. I don't mind these things. A necessary evil, I suppose."

Feralventas
2010-06-22, 11:41 PM
Realizing that it's time as a canine had finished, the dog pawed over toward some of the more archaic-looking weaponry. After a quick yawn and a streatch of her forelegs, she shakes herself, as if drying off her fur. The motion seems moot, but not without result as her fur begins to grow dark, seemingly weaving itself into cloth while her body stands itself up on her former hind-legs. The shift proceeds to leave a heavily-clad human girl, eyes covered with sun-glasses, head covered with a plaid fedora, and the rest of her hidden either by a long jacket or the pastelle-green pants that protrude from it at the bottom.

She quickly and quietly grabs a small bandolier with a machete-looking blade and a few other tools on it before turning toward her team-mates for a moment to give them a tip of her hat. Without an additional word, she begins skipping toward the helipad.

Ridai
2010-06-23, 12:35 AM
Tempest smiles at Vanessa as the latter finally decides to assume her human form and gently brushes her with one of her wings as she passes by.

"Nothing beats flying through a storm on my own, but that makes talking and planning during the journey a bit difficult and I'm not nearly as fast as a helicopter. In fact, I'm slower in the air than on the ground right now, as my body is still developing," Tempest admits and moves her wings a bit. She doesn't like to talk about her growth, but her team mates need to be informed and it's not like the Valkyrie isn't looking forward to her body and mind growing stronger.

AssassinKing
2010-06-23, 12:59 AM
The sergeant walks in with a serious look on his face.I know you guys don't like it but it is quicker by air and it will give you a quick escape or just covering fire if neccesary. This will hopefully be the last time you have to use it. He walks back out. After you strap in the helicopter takes off with the back door open. As it flies you can see you are getting further away from the airport. After a very long ride the helicopter finally slows down and starts to descend. There are trees everywhere. You feel the impact when the helicopter lands and before you leave a man from the front brings you a map that has marked locations that are the villages.

On the map you know that you are directly in between the two tribes. To the west is the orc tribe and to the east is the tribe that you have no idea of what they could be. On the back of the map says that the helicopter will fly near the landing zone in 2 hours after that they will come after every other hour.

Ridai
2010-06-23, 04:52 AM
Tempest estimates how long it takes for her to reach each of the tribes from the current position on the ground (50 feet/round) and in the air (30 feet/round), taking the terrain into account as much as she can see it. She sharpens her sense of smell drastically and examines the surroundings while she patiently waits for Bela's orders. The Valkyrie already has an idea how she would tackle the mission, but their leader's experience has absolute priority.

Tempest assumes the Hunter's Sense stance, granting her the scent (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/specialAbilities.htm#scent) ability.

Obrysii
2010-06-23, 07:21 AM
"Ah! You're a girl?" Alcaeus said, as the dog became a human - he recomposed himself nearly immediately, and smiled. "Hiya."

Feralventas
2010-06-24, 01:14 AM
Vanessa smirks lightly with a nod in response. "Hard to tell past the hat, I know, but it helps keep everything where it ought to be," she responds without any appreant desire to clarify. She doesn't respond much beyond such gestures during the flight, favoring instead the view out to the side of the helicoptor on the way to the landing zone, and likely responding to other such querries with similar gesticulation and side-ways comments.

Uppon arrival, she sets one hand firmly upon her hat and holds on to it carefully as she departs the 'chopper and rushes to get beyond the rotating blade's updraft. As the vehichle lifts away, she sighs, attempting to attune her focus to a more wild setting. After a few moments she shifts again, returning to the small, avian form she had held the previous day. An innocuous little blackbird soon flitted up from where she had stood and onto Alcaeus' shoulder, this time with an affectionate peck before turning to face the others.

Lyndworm
2010-06-25, 01:40 AM
"We've arrived..." Bela looks around the area as if searching for something, and then points West. "I think we should visit the orcs first, see if we can learn anything. Questions or comments?" Despite asking for feedback, the great orc takes off towards his distant relatives.

Ridai
2010-06-25, 04:56 AM
Glad that Bela doesn't waste time, Tempest easily keeps up with him. Having grass and earth under her hooves feels better than a solid ground. "Do you want me to help with the more persuasive approach or are you going for something more assertive if they don't want anything to do with us?"

Obrysii
2010-06-25, 06:44 AM
Alcaeus looked around, wondering if it would be more appropriate to assume his bear form. He frowned slightly, shifted himself, and looked to the others.

"When the time comes, we may have to fight them," he said, "but we must be clear as to which side is in the right."

Lyndworm
2010-06-25, 06:25 PM
"I will try a more diplomatic approach first, of course. Unfortunately, I am not much for delicate words. I should likely make first contact, but the rest of you are welcome to interject whenever it seems appropriate" Bela continues forward.

AssassinKing
2010-06-26, 11:06 PM
As you discuss what to do Tempest hears something not to far from your location, it is a quick sound at first then stops then it continues until it seems to be too far to hear. It sounded like leaves being disturbed by footsteps but not by any humanoid but by a smaller creature, possibly some sort of 4 legged animal. After a few minutes you see smoke in the sky to the west. It looks difficult to get there because of the forested area.

Ridai
2010-06-27, 02:00 AM
Tempest acts as if she heard nothing, but says to Bela in a low voice: "Heard something, didn't sound like anything anthropomorphic. Seemed like it went pretty fast until it realized we're here, stopped a bit, then ran away.

Maybe it was just an animal, but that possibility seems less likely when they see the smoke. "Trip with Valkyrie Airlines?" If the others agree (and Alcaeus changes back for the moment), Tempest grabs Bela's and Alcaeus' hands and takes off into the air, flying over the trees at full speed. If not, then she makes her way through the forest with the others.

Lyndworm
2010-06-27, 02:49 AM
"Although I have no problem with it myself," says Bela. "I'm not sure that it's the wisest course of action. The orcs are already riled up as it is; we don't want to make them any more nervous. I could be persuaded by a good reason, however." Bela calmly begins looking around the landscape, though he tries not to do so in an obvious manner.

OoC
Should we roll Listen/Search/Spot checks, or would you prefer to keep the rolls a secret, AssassinKing?

Ridai
2010-06-27, 03:44 AM
Tempest shakes her head, accepting their leader's course of action. "I guess you're right. Let's hurry, though. If something's out here, I'll know."

Lyndworm
2010-06-27, 03:54 AM
Bela nods once and redoubles his efforts.

Feralventas
2010-06-27, 04:07 AM
Carefully avoiding any overt noise, Vanessa flits from the group's immediate local and into the trees, darting from one to the next, and circling back before getting too far behind. She pauses every few moments to peer through the foliage in hopes of percieving anything out of the ordinary, tracks or creatures or traps.

[roll0] spot
[roll1] move silently

Obrysii
2010-06-28, 08:29 AM
Alcaeus felt uneasy about the smoke rising, and with something not quite humanoid out here, he felt it would be at some disadvantage if he did not make use of his power.

And so he transformed. The group fully knew of his condition, of his voluntary transformations - and soon enough he became a massive bear, his strength finally reaching, even exceeding, the physical power of his brutally potent companions.

His visual perception remained very acute, and he scanned the area as well.

[Spot check 1d20+18=35 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2582704/).

Alcaeus is only stronger (Str score) than them in bear or hybrid form, and then only barely - for now. In wood elf form he's a relative weakly :p]

Obrysii
2010-07-02, 03:48 PM
[Did Alcaeus spot anything?]