PDA

View Full Version : ToB homebrew classes?

gallagher
2010-06-10, 02:44 PM
Hello all,
i was hoping to be able to find some homebrewed ToB class that focused on as many of the following things as possible: TWF, Grappling, Tripping, Tiger Claw and Stone Dragon. i would prefer full BAB to this guy.

the character i am trying to create is going to be a TWF'er who uses a pair of tiger claws as weapons, which are my creation and based off of Scorpion Claws from sandstorm. the point of the weapon isnt to do alot of damage, but to hit with two strikes then rend the opponent. as with the scorpion claw, it gives a +4 untyped bonus to grapple checks. mix that with powerful build, improved grab/grapple, armbands of might, and a stance/manuever, and that is at least a +16 bonus to grapple attempts, which i will be able to do upon striking.

anyway, any ToB class that someone has created that would be considered no greater than tier 3 that would be able to do well with this?

DragoonWraith
2010-06-10, 02:49 PM
There are quite a few excellent ToB homebrews on this forum; there are very few I would even hesitate to recommend. ErrantX and The_Demented_One each have several excellent disciplines and classes.

I myself have the Chthonic Serpent discipline, which focuses heavily on grappling, but much of it requires the use of "soft" weapons like the Whip or Flail, so that might not be what you want.

demidracolich
2010-06-10, 02:53 PM
Look at the age of the warriors thread, http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7623906.

mrcarter11
2010-06-10, 02:54 PM
Just use the search function to find the age of warriors thread.. It lists a lot of very good hb disciplines

DragoonWraith
2010-06-10, 03:05 PM
Classes too. Can't believe I forgot to mention that.

ErrantX
2010-06-10, 03:17 PM
Thank you for the plug, DragoonWraith :smallbiggrin:

I've got several ToB based PrC and three disciplines up here (Black Heron, Silver Crane, and Iron Tortoise). Check my homebrew sig. As far as your PrC idea, it sounds like it has mostly already made itself.

Full BAB, likely a good Fort and Ref saves, 2 + Int mod for skills with mostly athletic skills and intimidate, Weapon Focus (Tiger Claws), Two Weapon Fighting, and Improved Grapple seem likely entry req's as well as a +5 BAB and 6 ranks in both Jump and Balance. The class would give reductions to two-weapon fighting penalties with those weapons, add in a flurry ability, a rend special ability to improves, etc. I'd suggest building it yourself and posting it up for the rest of us to look over and I would imagine that if you stuck PEACH in the title, you'll get at least a few glances and comments.

Good luck!
-X

gallagher
2010-06-10, 03:24 PM
Thank you for the plug, DragoonWraith :smallbiggrin:

I've got several ToB based PrC and three disciplines up here (Black Heron, Silver Crane, and Iron Tortoise). Check my homebrew sig. As far as your PrC idea, it sounds like it has mostly already made itself.

Full BAB, likely a good Fort and Ref saves, 2 + Int mod for skills with mostly athletic skills and intimidate, Weapon Focus (Tiger Claws), Two Weapon Fighting, and Improved Grapple seem likely entry req's as well as a +5 BAB and 6 ranks in both Jump and Balance. The class would give reductions to two-weapon fighting penalties with those weapons, add in a flurry ability, a rend special ability to improves, etc. I'd suggest building it yourself and posting it up for the rest of us to look over and I would imagine that if you stuck PEACH in the title, you'll get at least a few glances and comments.

Good luck!
-X
before i start that, as i am building three characters at the moment who will be recurring villains (even scarier than team rocket), and i just finished the first one (spellthief2/duskblade5/Unseen Seer 1 for now), i need to know what PEACH stands for :smallsmile: i still have no idea

ErrantX
2010-06-10, 03:25 PM
before i start that, as i am building three characters at the moment who will be recurring villains (even scarier than team rocket), and i just finished the first one (spellthief2/duskblade5/Unseen Seer 1 for now), i need to know what PEACH stands for :smallsmile: i still have no idea

Oh, heh, Please Examine And Critique Honestly.

-X

Frog Dragon
2010-06-10, 03:26 PM
PEACH means "Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly".
Edit: Damn swordsages. Again!

ErrantX
2010-06-10, 03:31 PM
PEACH means "Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly".
Edit: Damn swordsages. Again!

ph33r me, for I am a master of Shadow Hand :smallwink:

-X

mrcarter11
2010-06-10, 03:33 PM
Random thought.. Everyone always told me the H stood for helpfully?

gallagher
2010-06-10, 03:33 PM
ph33r me, for I am a master of Shadow Hand :smallwink:

-X

i will ph33r you when i see you also master setting sun. then you shall be officially scary. working on the class now

Frog Dragon
2010-06-10, 03:34 PM
*Grumble grumble* Broken shadow hand... *Grumble grumble*
Edit: I got dual swordsaged on a post commenting on a swordsage. I suck.

ErrantX
2010-06-10, 03:39 PM

Could go either way, to be honest. Either is acceptable.

And as for Setting Sun? I will master Iron Heart and I will Iron Heart Surge my enemies away :smallyuk:

-X

DragoonWraith
2010-06-10, 03:40 PM
Different people say different things. Helpfully and Honestly amount to about the same idea here.

Also, 2 + Int skills is a terrible, terrible plan. None of the ToB classes get that, and for good reason - no one but a Wizard should get that. Seriously. And requiring three feats, when one of them is Weapon Focus (Tiger Claws), seems like asking a lot. Then again, all of the feat pre-req's are fitting. But I'd just specifically require prociency in the claws and leave it at that.

Otherwise, I agree with ErrantX.

gallagher
2010-06-10, 03:58 PM
Different people say different things. Helpfully and Honestly amount to about the same idea here.

Also, 2 + Int skills is a terrible, terrible plan. None of the ToB classes get that, and for good reason - no one but a Wizard should get that. Seriously. And requiring three feats, when one of them is Weapon Focus (Tiger Claws), seems like asking a lot. Then again, all of the feat pre-req's are fitting. But I'd just specifically require prociency in the claws and leave it at that.

Otherwise, I agree with ErrantX.i am creating it as a base class ATM, and since i suck at stuff and life i dont know how to make a table, so the post is gonna look terrible, but i am almost done.

DracoDei
2010-06-10, 05:43 PM
For all the templates for how to format stuff for homebrew THIS (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10313)is the thread you want.