PDA

View Full Version : City of Dorunsmere (IC)

Sir_Chivalry
2010-06-10, 03:03 PM
The cathedral flashed with another brilliant flash of light, and then the spell slinging stopped. The cavernous roar of the wild woman died down, replaced by bitter sobs.

All grew dark for a moment as the gathered crowd outside wondered who had lived and who had died. Suddenly, a soft light lit the cathedral and the town square outside in a warm and loving light, and a lone figure stepped out into the square.

It was Joseph, the young former high priest of Pelor, who had died the year previous saving his companions from a balor, and had returned in this hour of need to strike down the archduchess. His speech has not of any language known to those gathered, but all understoood his words:

"She is fallen. Return to your loved ones and await our aid in the coming days."

He then burst into brilliant white flames that consumed him in great heat, but he did not flinch. The flames died to blue, then to yellow, and finally to red as his body disintegrated on the steps of that unholy temple, purifying it. In years to come it would become his temple, in the service of Pelor as a demigod.

The sun set slowly, as if setting would bring back the archduchess, but as the light faded Queen Elaina walked out cradling the headless broken body of her daughter, flanked by her attendant and Guildmaster Maparoon. The others appeared to be still in the cathedral, ensuring that the archduchess and her consort wouldn't rise again.

With a puff of smoke and twist of shadows, Maparoon disappeared towards the lower quarters.

However, despite the mighty heroes before the crowd, they are not the focus of our tale. For in the days following this battle, each hero met with a new destiny, and left, leaving Dorunsmere. But evil does not simply wait for good to be ready . . .

Cadian 9th
2010-06-10, 06:31 PM
John

In the shadows, a man weeps. On the run from everyone, the shadow warrior had taken solace in the temple, watching Joseph from a hiding place, admiring his strength and faith. The comfort that such a man's inner confidence brought to John was immeasurable, such that the former crime lord, one who had murdered and stolen, blackmailed and slaughtered good people, for no remorse, wept for the loss.

He moves, fast, hidden. A head turns, sees a blur. He moves again, searching for his salvation, he has heard of several heroes, arrived in town... He remains hidden, waiting, like the warrior of the shadows that he is...

Illven
2010-06-12, 06:11 PM
Melissa

She is waiting for something anything to prove to her family, that she is greater than them, despite nearly being kicked out.

Frozen Messiah
2010-06-12, 09:47 PM
Vagabond lets out a sigh of relief and a small smile appears on his face. "A great burden has been taken off the shoulders of this city." he says as he stares at the building where the battle had taken place, "it's as if the city can breathe again". Vagabond walks away from the crowd and finds his way to the marketplace and speaks to all that will listen about what has occurred this day

Sir_Chivalry
2010-06-18, 08:05 AM
Maparoon returns with a vial containing a red liquid and sprinkles it over the headless girl's body. She glows with a bright light, and then is alive and running around in seconds.

The party turns its attention to a large armoured figure, who after some words walks towards the waterfront.

After a few moments, the crowd dispurses, most likely due to the elven wizards subtle mindwarping spellcraft.

Cadian 9th
2010-06-18, 07:20 PM
John

The former crime lord watches with amazement and revulsion. This be an unnatural circmstance, one he wishes to know the root of. He watches anxiously, ready to attack from the shadows.

Illven
2010-06-18, 08:01 PM
Melissa

Melissa wants this power, the power to bring the dead back at will.

Cadian 9th
2010-06-24, 08:17 PM
John

He moves over, looking for someone. He sees a woman, sees what she looks at, and appears beside her. "Hey."

Illven
2010-06-24, 08:45 PM
Do you realize what we could do with that power? She asks the man

Cadian 9th
2010-06-24, 08:54 PM
John

The outlaw smiles and nods. " I don't believe you know me, but you'll know my former organization. " He pauses. " I was the lord of the underworld. "

Illven
2010-06-24, 09:57 PM
My name is Melissa She gives him a quick hug

Cadian 9th
2010-06-24, 10:14 PM
John

The man gets a little unseasy, but lets her hug him briefly. "So. I'm John... What brings you here? "

Illven
2010-06-24, 11:20 PM
My family is all powerful sorcerers, the fact that I was not, made them scorn me, I want to prove just how much stronger I am than them

Cadian 9th
2010-06-24, 11:24 PM
John

" Similar. My family forced me into a life of Crime, Violence and murder. Now I have no-one, because I stand up for what is right and defended a man and his family. " He says, sadly.

Sir_Chivalry
2010-06-25, 07:34 AM
The conversing pair are approached by a willowy man carrying a book.

"I couldn't help but overhear you search power, and I thought we may be on the same mission."

Illven
2010-06-25, 02:21 PM
Are you a wizard?

Sir_Chivalry
2010-06-25, 06:17 PM
"Me? No no no my dear. An academic wishing to sally forth into the unknown."

Illven
2010-06-25, 07:41 PM
Then how can you help me, and ... I never got your name First facing the man than turning to John

Cadian 9th
2010-06-25, 11:03 PM
John

" my name's John Blackheart " he says. " And I know an adventurer when I see one. What's your proposition? " he says, thinking back to his crime days.

Sir_Chivalry
2010-07-02, 08:50 AM
After a long pause, and falling asleep for a second, the man looks you in the eye.

"Demons. They're everywhere, and I need help ridding some areas of them."

Illven
2010-07-02, 02:45 PM
How can I help, are you okay

Cadian 9th
2010-07-02, 08:02 PM
John

"What makes you so sure? I've had my experience with them before, how bad is it? "

Know, local: [roll0] Thinking about prievous incursions/sightings, also guards and where the shady shops are.

Cadian 9th
2010-08-09, 09:28 PM
Bump. BOOM

Sir_Chivalry
2010-08-14, 12:18 PM
John

"What makes you so sure? I've had my experience with them before, how bad is it? "

Know, local: [roll0] Thinking about prievous incursions/sightings, also guards and where the shady shops are.

"Pretty bad I'd say, a warehouse I own is infested."

There's been demon sightings mainly around the Brawling Bear tavern

Cadian 9th
2010-08-14, 11:57 PM
Ok, good to see you alive!

John

"What was in the warehouse before? I'm wondering. Maybe I can pay a visit to my old friends, we can check it out. "

Illven
2010-08-15, 12:30 AM
Where is this warehouse

Sir_Chivalry
2010-08-19, 09:44 PM
Where is this warehouse

"It is in the Southgate, come, we shall go there."

Illven
2010-08-19, 10:16 PM
Okay then Giving the man a quick hug, then falling into step behind him

Cadian 9th
2010-08-19, 10:19 PM
John

"Okay, lets go. " He says, heavily.

He pulls Melissa toward him and whispers in her ear. " Be ready. I don't trust him, but then again I don't trust anyone. What do you think? "

OoC:

Sense motive check! [roll0]

And good to see you back, Sir Chivalry. I was missing you! :smallsmile:

Illven
2010-08-19, 10:34 PM
Aw you're probably just being paranoid

Cadian 9th
2010-08-19, 10:38 PM
John

" Perhaps I am, but I don't take chances. It's not by being carefree I became the crime overlord. This city is by no means friendly. Always be on your guard. " He whispers back.

John looks around, taking in his surroundings as he follows the man.

Illven
2010-08-19, 10:59 PM
Aw, you just need more hugs. As she hugs you again