PDA

View Full Version : Making a Tiger, ToB base class PEACH

gallagher
2010-06-10, 03:59 PM
so i am trying a homebrew for DND 3.5 that will hopefully work well, that is, work well WITH YOUR HELP!

thats right, i need your help, otherwise i am doomed to fail. this class is as of right now just an idea with little put into it, so most of what is advised will probably be put into here

i am trying to create a character who will be a member of a three man team of recurring villains in my first ever time DMing. there will be the tank (who will not only take huge amounts of damage, but also dish out heavy blows as well) a spellthief/duskblade/unseen seer, and this guy. i call him the tiger, and hopefully will be around tier 3.

here is the rundown of this base class. unfortunately i do not know how to make a table on here, so please bare with it and help out regardless of my lack of 1337 skillz

This class is based around the use of my homebrewed weapon, the Tiger Claws. they are actually just a remodeled Scorpions claws from Savage Species (i think) which are light, 1d6 slashing damage, TWF weapons that give a +4 bonus on grapple checks that stack.

4+INT skill points with a warblade's skill set.
Setting Sun, Stone Dragon, Tiger Claw access, with the Warblades progression and recovery method. Abilities will be along the lines of DEX>WIS=STR>CON>INT>CHA

He gains a Flurry of Blows at Full BAB instead of at the monks half BAB, which results in more blows. Also from the monk, he will be getting the unarmored speed, Wis to AC, and the lowering of the penalty to hit from flurry at the appropriate levels.

At level 2 he gets Pounce.

this class will gain upon level 5 Improved Grab when using these Tiger claws.

When you hit 10th level, you gain a Rend ability when using the Tiger Claws, where you gain extra 2d6 damage when you hit the same character with two slashes of your tiger claws.

i am also trying to think of a proper way to have an ability where one charges a character, and anyone who is not in the way but in a spot that i can hit from, or is in the way but i can jump over, i can attack them once, but it counts against the number of attacks i can make at the end of the charge. if the jump check fails, then i land in a spot at random adjacent to the spot that was previously occupied.

i do not know what else to give to this character, as i am not used to homebrewing. so please give any extra help that you wish, and i will appreciate it immensely! and again, if you give any advice, you have a decent chance of your changes being represented in the final character

DragoonWraith
2010-06-10, 04:07 PM
Sample table for ya:
{table=head]Level | BAB | Fort | Ref | Will | Special | M. Known | M. Readied | Stances
1st | +1 | +2 | +0 | +0 | Flurry of Blows | 3 | 3 | 1[/table]
I trust you can figure it out from there (Quote my post to see the code).