PDA

View Full Version : (3.5) Rebuilding my Shifter Rogue [Eberron]

Dusk Eclipse
2010-06-10, 05:17 PM
Since me and other friend in our group managed to convinced our DM for rebuilding characters, since he doesn't like giving "freebies" he decided to make a sidequest for us to rebuild our character (I am sure he plans on using the Necrotic Craddlen thingy form PH II, I saw him reading the book and scribbing some notes XD).

Anyway I right now my character is a Longthooth Shifter Rogue 7/Ninja Spy* 2/Swordsage 1 witht the following stats: Str 17, Dex 20, Con 11 (yes I know a crime) Int 16, Wis 13, Cha 14 (as you can see I rolled incredibly well for that character)

The party consist in a something/duskblade/Pyrokineticist who somehow got a a living burning hands companion , a ranger/cleric/divine archer (divine version of arcane archer), a swift hunter dervish, and a psion/quori nightmare/pison uncarnate (he is the one who wants to rebuild into a psion/anarchic initiate)

Anyway AFAIK the only thing we must keep upon rebuilding is Race, I think we can shift stats a bit but I am not sure about that.

Considering the party and my stats what would you recomend for this rebuilding, personaly I think a rogue/unseen seer is a good option, or maybe a more TOB heavy build, (a TWF Warblade/Bloodclaw master is the strongest contender); but I want to hear the playgrounds opionion.

Thanks in advance

Dusk Eclipse
2010-06-11, 02:34 PM
Shameless bump (the thread had already fallent to the third page :smalleek:)

Does anybody have a suggestion for this?

Keld Denar
2010-06-11, 02:43 PM
Unseen Seers are good, but Shifters don't qualify for Able Learner, so filling the full role of skill guy is gonna be tough.

You could try Totemist, or Totemist/TotemRager. Thats usually a fun option if your group uses MoI (which they should, cause its awesomesause).

Dusk Eclipse
2010-06-11, 02:48 PM
Unseen Seers are good, but Shifters don't qualify for Able Learner, so filling the full role of skill guy is gonna be tough.

In our group we houserule that once you get a skill in your skill list, it is always a class skill for both maximum skill ranks and skill point cost, so that isn't a problem

You could try Totemist, or Totemist/TotemRager. Thats usually a fun option if your group uses MoI (which they should, cause its awesomesause).

Well I suppose Incarnium isn't a bad option.... I like straight totemist and I have been toying with an idea... will consider it, thanks.

Keld Denar
2010-06-11, 02:53 PM
No prob. To me, it fits the shifter feeling very well. Especially if you have a natural weapon already (I'm not terribly versed in shifters, but I know they either have natural weapons, or can get natural weapons easily). From there, stack on some more natural weapons, or branch out and pick up utility features like natural weapon PA from Dread Carapace or Rend from Girallon Claws or more utility abilities like Pegasus Cloak or Phase Cloak.

Dusk Eclipse
2010-06-11, 03:04 PM
No prob. To me, it fits the shifter feeling very well. Especially if you have a natural weapon already (I'm not terribly versed in shifters, but I know they either have natural weapons, or can get natural weapons easily). From there, stack on some more natural weapons, or branch out and pick up utility features like natural weapon PA from Dread Carapace or Rend from Girallon Claws or more utility abilities like Pegasus Cloak or Phase Cloak.

Loongthooth Shifters get a +2 STR and A natural bite when they shift, the problem is that the duration is too low (about 4 rounds +# shifter feats wh¡ch are in most cases bad) and just 1/day (unless there us a heavy investment in shifter feats)

I am AFB right now a level 10 totemist how many bind would he have? because my favorite set up is Girrallon arms+LAndshark boots+ sphinx claws+blink shirt

Keld Denar
2010-06-11, 03:20 PM
I don't have that either, but I know its not that many. I think you still only have 3 chakra binds at level 11.

Anyway, slightly better than Landshark Boots is to nab Shape Soulmeld for Thunderstride Boots. Now your pouncing Girallon Arms each have a chance to stun when you charge. BONZAIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Elfin
2010-06-11, 06:17 PM
If you want to try going Tome of Battle-heavy, Warblade/Bloodclaw Master's a good choice...it might also be worth it to pick some Swordsage levels and focus on Setting Sun and Shadow Hand, since then you'd really have a name that fits your fighting style.

Dusk Eclipse
2010-06-11, 06:19 PM
If you want to try going Tome of Battle-heavy, Warblade/Bloodclaw Master's a good choice...it might also be worth it to pick some Swordsage levels and focus on Setting Sun and Shadow Hand, since then you'd really have a name that fits your fighting style.

Shadow hand I understand, some of the strikes are rather fitting (plus Shadow Blade makes me get Str & Dex to damage) but setting sun? Can you please elaborate?

Elfin
2010-06-11, 06:31 PM
It was mostly a suggestion based on names - Dusk (Setting Sun) Eclipse (Shadow Hand).

For actual power, I'd just go Warblade/Bloodclaw Master, but now that I think about it, a couple Swordsage levels focusing on Shadow Hand would actually be quite decent - probably taken later on, for access to higher-level maneuvers.

Dusk Eclipse
2010-06-11, 06:35 PM
It was mostly a fluff suggestion - Dusk (Setting Sun) Eclipse (Shadow Hand).
For actual power, I'd just go Warblade/Bloodclaw Master, but now that I think about it, a couple Swordsage levels focusing on Shadow Hand would actually be quite decent - probably taken later on, for access to higher-level Strikes.

You know what is the fun part about your suggestion? the character in question actually is named Dusk Eclipse (I took the forum name from him :smallbiggrin:)

Elfin
2010-06-11, 06:37 PM
Exactly; I'd read an earlier thread wherein you mentioned that your name was based off your Eberron shifter rogue. :smalltongue:

Dusk Eclipse
2010-06-11, 06:38 PM
Exactly; I'd read an earlier thread mentioning that your name was based off your Eberron shifter rogue. :smalltongue:

hmmm yeah, I am bit obsesed with that guy,.... he is my favorite character after all, been playing him most of my gaming career (3 years out of 4).

And I don't know why but I feel good that someone remembered that story.

Elfin
2010-06-11, 06:58 PM
hmmm yeah, I am bit obsesed with that guy,.... he is my favorite character after all, been playing him most of my gaming career (3 years out of 4).

I know the feeling.

And in any case, he is a pretty cool character, judging from what I know of him.

Dusk Eclipse
2010-06-11, 07:00 PM
I know the feeling.

And in any case, he is a pretty cool character, judging from what I know of him.

Really? what do you know about him?... I don't recall posting anything about him.... except he is my namesake and a story about an in game conglict with another player.

Elfin
2010-06-11, 07:05 PM
Let me rephrase that: your old avatar made him look pretty cool.

Dusk Eclipse
2010-06-11, 07:06 PM
Let me rephrase that: your old avatar made him look pretty cool.

Oh, yeah ^^U