PDA

View Full Version : Which ToB class fits a tactician/leader better?

Coidzor
2010-06-11, 05:03 AM
I was just curious as to whether warblades or crusaders would fulfill the archetype of a savvy warrior-leader.

I've never really studied the classes in depth enough to be able to tell on my own due to not having had a chance to use ToB yet.

I mean, I know this is what White Raven Tactics is all about, but I couldn't remember if only Warblades got that or what...

Or what crusaders really were other than "better than vanilla paladins."

Ranos
2010-06-11, 05:06 AM
Yeah, they both get white raven. So they both have the potential, though devoted spirit is also good for the leader role.

Amphetryon
2010-06-11, 05:10 AM
Warblades rely on INT, so if by 'savvy warrior-leader' you mean someone likely smart enough to come up with clever battle plans, Warblades fit the bill.

Crusaders, conversely, focus more in CHA; if your definition of warrior-leader is someone who can rabble-rouse and get his troops to follow him through the Gates of Hell, Crusader is more suited. Crusaders also have an easier method of providing battlefield healing to comrades, for what that's worth.

PId6
2010-06-11, 05:11 AM
Both Crusaders and Warblades get White Raven, so they can both work. Crusaders are much more tankish than Warblades, while Warblades are more offensive. Crusaders get more maneuvers and less variety than Warblades, so they're more likely to focus on White Raven. Devoted Spirit lets Crusaders heal allies, so that can add on to the leader role as well. Overall, I'd say that Crusaders have more options in leadership, but both can work well.

Cahokia
2010-06-11, 05:16 AM
In my eyes, being a good tactician/leader is more about fluff than crunch, and the player's ability to come up with good ideas. That said, both Warblade and Crusader bring something helpful to the table. Warblade favors Intelligence, erring on the tactician-side of the spectrum, while Crusaders favor Charisma, fitting nicely into the role of the inspiring leader. Both get the White Raven discipline, so it's really up to taste.

EDIT: Ouch. Ninja'd hard.