PDA

View Full Version : My mind is sick. :(

AstralFire
2010-06-11, 06:39 AM
I had four hours of nightmares and woke up in a cold sweat. Then I remembered that you cannot read in dreams, usually, and used this as insurance for when I went back to sleep.

Then my brain gives me another four hours of nightmares using message boards as a prop. ;_;

Selrahc
2010-06-11, 06:43 AM
I had four hours of nightmares and woke up in a cold sweat. Then I remembered that you cannot read in dreams, usually, and used this as insurance for when I went back to sleep.

You can read in dreams. But the text doesn't remain the same. When you look away from it and then back again it will change to something else.

That is part of the basis of one of the tricks to establish lucid dreaming.

AstralFire
2010-06-11, 06:47 AM
You can read in dreams. But the text doesn't remain the same. When you look away from it and then back again it will change to something else.

I occasionally have lucid dreams, and have sometimes broken out of a nightmare this way. This was not one such night. I feel like the text remained constant...

J.Gellert
2010-06-11, 07:02 AM
Maybe the non-changing text was trying to tell you something?

At times like that, I find it easier to just not sleep at all. Even if the next day seems particularly demanding, I'd rather face my sleepiness than torment myself with a half-done sleep... :smalltongue:

rakkoon
2010-06-11, 07:09 AM
Do what I did

Get a girl pregnant
Wake up every night for who knows what reason the child will think of next
Sleep happily when it does not call for you
No profit though

Eloi
2010-06-11, 07:16 AM
I occasionally have lucid dreams, and have sometimes broken out of a nightmare this way. This was not one such night. I feel like the text remained constant...

I MST my own dreams, and criticize the fridge logic in them.

"Wasn't the text something else a moment go? Try to have consistancy, eh?"
"That's the stupidest scenario in a dream...ever."
"Why does everyone just suddenly appear out of nowhere?"

I actually had a dream that a Sphere of Annihilation was in the kitchen. I poked it with a Rod of Cancellation and destroyed my house.

I also dreampt of posting on OOTS forums before.

...something tells me I post here/play D&D too much.

Fri
2010-06-11, 07:18 AM
For me, the best way to find out whether you're dreaming or not is by pinching your nose. You'll still be able to breathe eventhough you've completely pinched your nose. try it sometimes, kinda cool.

Eloi
2010-06-11, 07:21 AM
For me, the best way to find out whether you're dreaming or not is by pinching your nose. You'll still be able to breathe eventhough you've completely pinched your nose. try it sometimes, kinda cool.

I always get freaked out because I realize I can't talk, yet still don't know its a dream.

Lillith
2010-06-11, 07:27 AM
I usually get the 'can't turn on the lights' nightmare so that everything stays dark. My mind has only been smart enough once to think 'say, the lights won't come on, maybe I'm sleeping...'

Atelm
2010-06-11, 07:36 AM

I do this, it works wonderfully. Another "reality test" I use is to be near a wall (or other common solid object), look away from it, and try to push my hand through it. Although this trick isn't exactly as foolproof as that one, as it doesn't always work, still worth trying.

Thanatos 51-50
2010-06-11, 07:46 AM
I envy you all, and your having dreams.

Obrysii
2010-06-11, 07:48 AM

You have them, you just don't remember them.

I rarely remember my dreams, and my dreams are always in black-and-white except for a very rare occasion where that's not true.

Thanatos 51-50
2010-06-11, 07:49 AM
You have them, you just don't remember them.

You and your logic and scientific facts I'm perfectly aware of, and just ignoring for the sake of shorthand.

Krade
2010-06-11, 08:30 AM
The past couple of nights I've had dreams that involve some manner of apocalyptic crisis. A couple nights ago there was a fun combination of Harry Potter and global thermonuclear war. That was interesting.

SpiderMew
2010-06-11, 09:07 AM
I can usualy read text, look away and it be the same in dreams.

I also fly allot, and once in a great while i actualy become SpiderMew.
Im always having somesort of adventure. Like i just woke up from one where i found this saucer shaped ship, and i discoverd it wasnt for space travel, but for dimension hopping.

Thajocoth
2010-06-11, 09:07 AM
Whenever I'm dreaming, I'm fairly apathetic. Whether I'm getting my face sliced open by a serial killer falling off a waterfall in a small boat (canoe, possibly? I'm unsure.) or whatever else I might be doing, there is no emotional response.

In my most recently remembered dream, I was pushed forward over something in a parking lot, and a serial killer slowly cut from just under my left ear going across my face... And I woke up when the blade touched my gums. But I have no idea if it was a nightmare or not, because I had absolutely no emotional response to it.

I generally don't dream though.

Eloi
2010-06-11, 09:14 AM
Whenever I'm dreaming, I'm fairly apathetic. Whether I'm getting my face sliced open by a serial killer falling off a waterfall in a small boat (canoe, possibly? I'm unsure.) or whatever else I might be doing, there is no emotional response.

In my most recently remembered dream, I was pushed forward over something in a parking lot, and a serial killer slowly cut from just under my left ear going across my face... And I woke up when the blade touched my gums. But I have no idea if it was a nightmare or not, because I had absolutely no emotional response to it.

I generally don't dream though.

:smalleek: Thank God you don't.
That's pretty horrible, honestly.

Mauve Shirt
2010-06-11, 09:35 AM
My dreams (http://dreamlogincolor.blogspot.com/) are trippy, but never scary. And I've never had a lucid dream, or a dream that made me think I was dreaming. Actually, I may have had the latter, but right now I can't recall.

Oh I lied, I have had a scary dream in which a Terminator (I'd been watching the Sarah Connor Chronicles) drilled holes in my head trying to induce a seizure, and then I had one when I woke up.

Emperor Ing
2010-06-11, 09:40 AM
What is this "dream" thing that you keep mentioning?
*doesn't have dreams*

Icewalker
2010-06-11, 10:10 AM

A week ago, I would have said just this. But then I started keeping a dream journal. Try it. It works. A lot. I'm keeping my dreams like half the nights now, when before I could remember 1-2 dreams in the last year or so.

The Rose Dragon
2010-06-11, 12:24 PM
How do you get four hours of nightmares? The part of sleep where you have dreams don't last nearly that long.

Froogleyboy
2010-06-11, 12:29 PM
How do you get four hours of nightmares? The part of sleep where you have dreams don't last nearly that long.

Huh, I didn't know you could keep track of time in dreams.

The Rose Dragon
2010-06-11, 12:41 PM
Huh, I didn't know you could keep track of time in dreams.

The dreamer can't, no (well, barring a very accurate time sense). But you can analyze the brain activity during the sleep and have a reasonably accurate guess as to how long the dreaming period lasts.

AstralFire
2010-06-11, 12:43 PM

I was asleep for four hours each time and I remember nothing else. I'm aware it's probably not actually nearly that long, but god, it felt like it.

Threeshades
2010-06-11, 12:52 PM
I usually realize that I'm dreaming once I started jumping several storeys high. For a while I had a lot of lucid dreams in which I went on killing rampages just because I knew it was a dream and I'm hurting no real people. Although sometimes they backfired and my powers vanished and suddenly it's all just play (and nobody's even playing along). I wonder what that means.

The Vorpal Tribble
2010-06-11, 12:57 PM
There is nothing in real life I haven't been able to do in dreams... however, can't say as I've ever dreamt of the forums :smallwink:

I don't dream so much as I have adventures. Sometimes I take pictures of especially awesome scenes in my dreams... and then wake up depressed because I can't actually process them.

Half the stories I write and my homebrew I make for D&D is inspired or directly modeled after them. They're just that lengthy and detailed. Have wondered for quite awhile if I don't have a sleeping disorder because if I even doze for a moment I'm instantly dreaming again. One startled me awake and it wasn't even 3 minutes after I lay down. I can then lay down again and it'll pick up from where it left off.

AstralFire
2010-06-11, 01:10 PM
I've had some pretty (http://starofhope.livejournal.com/574455.html) awesome (http://starofhope.livejournal.com/536993.html)dreams.

Leecros
2010-06-11, 02:21 PM
i rarely have lucid dreams(been trying to train myself into it, but my effort's proved for naught though)

only seldom do i have Nightmares

and only occasionally do i have actual dreams(that i remember).

the only exception is when i play a night of F.E.A.R/F.E.A.R 2...then i have Alma Nightmares, they're always fun and when i say fun i mean it in a cold sweat and paranoid about dark places for half an hour.

the one i remember most clearly was that i was standing in this room, it had 2 stories and looked like a sewer system. I looked up at the second story(it was open ceiling) to this sort-of control room that had an all glass wall on the side facing me. I saw three men in there with guns and alma appeared in front of the first, did away with him, disappeared and reappeard in front of the second, threw him against...something and did the same to the third and threw him out of the glass window. She then walked out of this control room and looked at me and disappeared(only then did i notice the hallucination blurs around my vision) and she appears in front of me and everything goes black. but i don't wake up. When my vision returns i'm in a hallway and i look up and Alma comes out of a ceiling tile and throws me up against the ceiling. THEN i wake up.

Also my second best remembered dream(nightmare?) was an Apocalypse one. (note that during this entire dream there's something that temporarily blots out the sun for a moment before moving out of the way it happens several times before the end of the dream; an asteroid? spaceship? planet? moon? dunno) it starts in the kitchen of my house and i look out and the sky is red. i go outside and look around.i don't really see much so i keep walking around the garage and i think i see something above the woods near my house. I climb up on the barn shed and look out across the woods(note:there's no way to get up onto the shed) and i see this big ball of flaming...stuff(space junk is the best description i can think of). i watch it for a few seconds then i feel something hot hit my back and it pushes me off the barn shed and i hit the ground and wake up.

yeah, i've had my share of freaky dreams. variations of the Alma Dreams tend to happen through the span of a week after a good long play of Fear/Fear2

Castaras
2010-06-11, 02:22 PM

O.o the text stays the same for me. I regularly dream about reading the message boards, and often they're realistic enough that I wake up, thinking "That was an interesting thread I posted, wonder if anyone has replied." ...and I never posted it. :smalltongue:

But then again, my mind is indeed sick, and has been since I was born so makes sense really. :smallbiggrin: :smallwink:

Jokasti
2010-06-11, 02:31 PM
What is lucid dreaming?

Castaras
2010-06-11, 02:33 PM
"Controlling" your dream. Sort of. It's knowing your dreaming and being able to influence it because of that.

Asheram
2010-06-11, 02:34 PM

I usually don't pay attention to such things in my dreams... except the really odd ones...
I once dreamt that I woke up into a new theme every time I "woke up" So, going through the sci-fi theme, fantasy, spy, Anime... (the anime was pretty cool though, it's not often you dream with subtitles!)

Fifty-Eyed Fred
2010-06-11, 03:31 PM
What is lucid dreaming?

Why, dreams in which you retain your lucity, and are therefore able to manipulate the dream due to possessing knowledge of reality.

Thajocoth
2010-06-11, 05:38 PM
I just remembered that, less than 2 months ago, I had a dream as well. The dream that I spoke of earlier in this thread happened about a year ago. The dream I had more recently was much worse (and actually painful), but there was still complete apathy to it from me. It was a 2-part dream which I already detailed elsewhere on the board (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8464086#post8464086).

In my dreams, I'm completely passive. If someone wants me to follow them I will, but I otherwise generally stay still, do nothing and say nothing... Completely reactionary. Like, with the serial killer dream I mentioned earlier, I didn't try to not get my head cut in half. I just let my head rest on the surface it was pushed onto.

EDIT: Odd thing about the thread I just linked to... I can't find it on any page of Friendly Banter, but I can in a search.

Erts
2010-06-11, 05:41 PM
"Controlling" your dream. Sort of. It's knowing your dreaming and being able to influence it because of that.

Yes, and almost everyone has experienced it once or twice.

It ranges from simply being aware to total control over it.
I've had both, but not on purpose, though I know someone who can do the latter on purpose.

On the OP's problem, I've seen text, but the difference it is text which I have seen before; a book cover, or something which you don't "read." Were these words you already knew? As in, famous phrases in literature, or noteworthy things you read on the board?

Selrahc
2010-06-11, 06:01 PM
O.o the text stays the same for me.

Yeah, it may well have done. Changing text (numbers in particular) are a classic way to tell you're in a dream though. As with most of the signs it isn't a universal thing, just a common one.

Krade
2010-06-11, 06:18 PM
I had a dream (mightmare, really) where I had been banned from the forums and I couldn't figure out why:smalleek:

I realize this makes me crazy.

Galileo
2010-06-11, 06:48 PM
Last week I had a dream where I found that d8 I lost ages ago and put it back in my dice bag. It took actually looking in the bag after waking up to realise that it was a dream and I hadn't found it yet. Stupid realistic dreams.

RandomNPC
2010-06-11, 07:01 PM
I have the habbit of appearing in other peoples dreams. I don't do it on purpose, and of course I'm not really me, just what their brain think's I am.

And apparently I am a zombie slaying god, having appeared as an invincible zombie slaying storm composed of fury and doom on multiple occasions, to multiple people. yeay!

SpiderMew
2010-06-11, 07:03 PM
The last time i battled zombies in a dream, i had DBZ like powers, and i could mass teleport people.

Trog
2010-06-12, 04:00 AM
In my dreams have constantly changing plots and usually take place indoors in a confusing building or, if it is outdoors, it's -always- night - I've never dreamt of the day time. My dreams have a topography all their own where places in my dreams will remain the same in multiple dreams even if what's going on in that place changes. Half the people are faceless and just there to be an uncaring crowd in the background. I'm usually either by myself or with a female companion. People I know IRL are rarely if ever in my dreams - it's mostly strangers. Nightmares are few and far between, thankfully. For the most part I don't remember my dreams beyond five minutes after waking.

ForzaFiori
2010-06-12, 04:14 AM
The few dreams I remember are usually... REALLY weird. First off, I actually can talk, or at least communicate, and I think I'm talking, and when I read, it makes sense and stays the same (several times I've fallen asleep reading the book, and my mind just kept making up the next parts). My mind tends to freeze alot though, and my dreams wind up repeating the same thing over and over and over again (which is when I realize I'm dreaming usually). Then I go into an almost lucid state, where I know I'm dreaming, and if I try REALLY hard, I can unfreeze my brain, but after that I have no more control, and usually quickly forget that I'm dreaming.

Knaight
2010-06-13, 01:41 AM
Last week I had a dream where I found that d8 I lost ages ago and put it back in my dice bag. It took actually looking in the bag after waking up to realise that it was a dream and I hadn't found it yet. Stupid realistic dreams.

I hate realistic dreams so much. I have 4 pages of essay on my computer right now, of a book that doesn't exist, because I dreamed that I was assigned an essay on it and read it, and a bunch of passages somehow stuck in memory. Of course, I'm not entirely sure I have the essay either, I was half asleep when I wrote it.

EDIT: My bad. Five pages, and it isn't even that terrible of an essay.

Salbazier
2010-06-13, 01:56 AM
When I was younger I sometimes have a nice dream then I woke up. I would try to go sleep again (or at least enter alpha) and continue the dream somehow.

Sometimes I dream what I feel a very good story but when i woke up and want to write it down I already forgot much of the details.:smallfrown:

SpiderMew
2010-06-13, 06:55 AM
Dreams never stay realistic for me. If it starts to get realistice, i take over and start doing whatever i want. A lot of flying. Sometimes i give myself a Green Lantern power ring and do stuff.

Moff Chumley
2010-06-13, 12:00 PM
I tend to have incredibly disturbing dreams that suggests my subconscious is a wannabe indie filmmaker with an unhealthy fascination in a wide array of bizarre topics... which I promptly forget upon waking up.

I once had a lucid flying dream... it was one of the greatest experiences of my life.

Partof1
2010-06-13, 12:23 PM
I have had but one lucid dream. It happened rather recently, and only, I believe, because of me intensely wanting it. I don't remember what led up to lucidity, but after I realized I was dreaming, I made one of those holes in the floor, that are often pulled from pockets in Bug Bunny, and made a block of cheese appear and fall down the hole. I believe I may have been challenged to this by somone else, to demonstrate my lucid powers, but whatever. Afterwards, I promptly awoke. It was really cool.

RandomNPC
2010-06-15, 05:27 PM
I hate realistic dreams so much. I have 4 pages of essay on my computer right now, of a book that doesn't exist, because I dreamed that I was assigned an essay on it and read it, and a bunch of passages somehow stuck in memory. Of course, I'm not entirely sure I have the essay either, I was half asleep when I wrote it.

EDIT: My bad. Five pages, and it isn't even that terrible of an essay.

your goal now is to write the book that would get that essay out of a student who was assigned it for homework. That would be awesometastic. 'cause it would be so awesome I'd need to make up a word for it.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2010-06-15, 09:19 PM
My dreams are almost always lucid. It's how I get out of the silly nightmares. I normally just go with the flow until things start to go... bad. Then there's usually some music, i go "Ah no, this is gonna turn into a nightmare." And then I wake up.

Moff Chumley
2010-06-15, 11:04 PM
My dreams are almost always lucid. It's how I get out of the silly nightmares. I normally just go with the flow until things start to go... bad. Then there's usually some music, i go "Ah no, this is gonna turn into a nightmare." And then I wake up.

I use to be able to do that... but now, when I'm dreaming, it's like I have total control over what's going on, but I feel like my dreams are real. :smallannoyed:

Jokasti
2010-06-15, 11:57 PM
I don't remember dreams, I feel like I'm missing out.

Xyk
2010-06-16, 03:19 AM
I don't believe in lucid dreaming. If you are aware while dreaming, you're kind of awake.

A dream that was really weird though and sooo long progressed as follows:

For some reason my high school (which I still attend, though it's summer) was holding a talent show of sorts at my local performing arts center. The first act was some sort of orchestra whose members I did not recognize despite my involvement in the school fine arts programs. I was on the stage kind of off to the side, not performing. Various interesting horns were at the performance including one that was about 6 feet tall and worn as a hat (?). For some reason I was sliding all over the place like I was on a nearly frictionless boat. I had to grasp at columns and whatnot to stay stable but that never worked. I remember feeling embarrassed for sliding all over the place on stage. Eventually some girl who I did not recognize from behind slid near me. She was wearing a hippie skirt (which is not wholly uncommon in my region) and a tie-dye shirt. Curly black hair. When we both hit a wall I caught her and was somehow much more stable than I was before. She turned her head and her face was of this girl I sort of have a crush on though rarely talk to, (and her actual hair is very straight and her skin is darker). We chatted for a little bit with words I do not recall and then she slipped and continued to slide as did I. Later as I had found a post and successfully latched on, my family showed up and did some talent things and made me feel inadequate because I was still slidey and couldn't perform as I had apparently planned. And then I woke up.

That was far more detail than is common in my remembrance of dreams. Does someone feel like psychoanalyzing me? :smallbiggrin:

I'll return the favor. :smallcool:

Eloi
2010-06-16, 04:38 AM
I don't believe in lucid dreaming. If you are aware while dreaming, you're kind of awake.

A dream that was really weird though and sooo long progressed as follows:

For some reason my high school (which I still attend, though it's summer) was holding a talent show of sorts at my local performing arts center. The first act was some sort of orchestra whose members I did not recognize despite my involvement in the school fine arts programs. I was on the stage kind of off to the side, not performing. Various interesting horns were at the performance including one that was about 6 feet tall and worn as a hat (?). For some reason I was sliding all over the place like I was on a nearly frictionless boat. I had to grasp at columns and whatnot to stay stable but that never worked. I remember feeling embarrassed for sliding all over the place on stage. Eventually some girl who I did not recognize from behind slid near me. She was wearing a hippie skirt (which is not wholly uncommon in my region) and a tie-dye shirt. Curly black hair. When we both hit a wall I caught her and was somehow much more stable than I was before. She turned her head and her face was of this girl I sort of have a crush on though rarely talk to, (and her actual hair is very straight and her skin is darker). We chatted for a little bit with words I do not recall and then she slipped and continued to slide as did I. Later as I had found a post and successfully latched on, my family showed up and did some talent things and made me feel inadequate because I was still slidey and couldn't perform as I had apparently planned. And then I woke up.

That was far more detail than is common in my remembrance of dreams. Does someone feel like psychoanalyzing me? :smallbiggrin:

I'll return the favor. :smallcool:

L'see: You have low confidence and your peers as well as your family don't help with this. However the girl you have a crush on makes you feel confident in yourself. So, how did I do?
I once had a dream I was posting on these forums. What are the implications of that?

SpiderMew
2010-06-16, 09:20 AM
I just had a dream, in it i woke up and i found out we were now in england.
Apprently i had slept though the whole trip and my family didnt bother to pack anything i would need. Were in some dumpy place outside of a city and we got no tv. By the time i realize i can come on to the fourms here to ask for help from any playgrounders who might be in the area, i find that the only computer there is a pink laptop coverd in stickers, and its a dial up connection. That dosnt matter though cuz it wouldnt turn on.

I just felt frustrated and annoyed by the dream.

Umael
2010-06-16, 10:02 AM
Recently, I have had two memorable dreams.

In the first, I was essentially being hunted in a particular culture divided into classes, with the lowest class being the slaves who were forced into a particular role. This role seemed to consist of "be here at this time doing this task - while the psychopaths of the highest class come through and slaughter all of you." I recall having to run from role to role in order to disguise myself. Woke up when I took a bullet to the head. That was an annoying dream (yes, I got killed in dreamland and I considered it annoying).

The second dream involved a plot where some people (including myself, I think) were trying to find an 11-year-old's 3-year-old daughter. Said 11-year-old was apparently part of some government agency - think Psi Corps - as well as a ward of the government. Very sweet girl, kinda like the main character from Fruits Basket. Turns out she was never pregnant - an "unofficial" branch of the government agency was experimenting with implanted memories.

Thajocoth
2010-06-16, 01:18 PM
I once had a dream I was posting on these forums. What are the implications of that?

Brains are excellent pattern recognizers and very good at continuing a sequence or filling in missing blanks. There's a reason one of the most advanced machine learning techniques uses a light version of how the neurons in the brain interact, though we aren't really even close with that and it's our best digital pattern matching algorithm.

So you post here a lot and your brain was continuing the sequence by having you post here again.

John Cribati
2010-06-16, 01:52 PM
I often don't realize I'm having a nightmare until I'm awake and my heart is pounding like mad.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-06-16, 01:58 PM
Sometimes I dream about going on this forum too. :smalltongue:

What's funny is that sometimes in my dreams I return to this central location, this collection of rooms that I know are all part of the same place even though they're very different.

One room is dark blue and wreathed in shadows and has a lot of corners and nooks and crannies. I guess it's a bunch of smaller rooms with no doors. Some of these smaller rooms are higher or lower by two steps or so, and there's a small bed in one of the corners.

There's a second room that has a huge...Like a jungle gym, but towers of grating and ladders that you can climb on and small ledges inside the towers. This room is also dark blue.

There's a third room so far, brightly lit and yellow, there's a winding brick pathway with 90-degree turns, and the rest of the floor is quicksand.

Diva De
2010-06-16, 09:44 PM
I can usually only tell that I am dreaming if it is a recurring dream - I've had two over and over again ever since I was a little girl. And in those dreams, I have attempted lucidity. However, it's usually something like trying to avoid the badness about to happen (as these are both nightmares) - but it never works. The baddie always gets me.

Lately I have been having VERY realistic dreams. Some are silly, like the one where I dreamed something that was a mix of Final Fantasy Tactics, World of Warcraft, and Stargate Universe. Don't ask - just suffice to say it was odd and frustrating. I had another where I was forced to re-marry my ex (who I am in the process of divorcing) and was SO upset about it that he had to put a rain coat on me at the magistrate's office to keep from ruining my clothes. And others that have really bothered me but I don't care to go into detail about.

Anyway, when I do attempt lucidity, it usually goes only as far as telling myself it's a dream and I need to wake up. Of course, when I fall back asleep after that, I tend to fall into the same dream again. Annoying.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-06-17, 01:07 PM
Oh God. Last night I was trapped in an infinite loop nightmare. I mean literally. Infinite loop of false awakenings. Dreamt that I woke up, went on the computer, woke up, went on computer, stayed up really late to go on the computer, got out of bed at 1 AM to sneak on the computer...Really, the only clue I had was that I kept misspelling stuff and even then my brain justified it by saying, "Well, yeah, you're tired!" And then I'd get out of that false awakening and into another one...This repeated itself about 20 times before I woke myself up for real. At 12:48 AM. Around the same time that it was in my dreams. And I was drenched in sweat from struggling to wake up. Brrr....

Destro_Yersul
2010-06-17, 03:10 PM
I have the sort of dreams that Hollywood would pay a fortune for the movie rights to.

Pyrian
2010-06-17, 03:13 PM
Perhaps a career as a screenwriter is for you, then. :smallcool:

Destro_Yersul
2010-06-17, 03:18 PM
perhaps, though it would help if I was able to remember the details for longer. I have to fix everything in my memory when I wake up if I want to recall it later. I could always go with a career as a novelist and then sell movie rights to my books and get paid twice :smalltongue:

Pyrian
2010-06-17, 03:27 PM
Remembering dreams is mostly a matter of trying to. The usual technique is to make a habit of writing them down as soon as you wake up - literally keep a notebook by the bed. The habit is more important than the legibility of the text... :smallbiggrin:

Leecros
2010-06-17, 03:32 PM
I could always go with a career as a novelist and then sell movie rights to my books and get paid twice :smalltongue:

but is it worth a random film director to make a crap movie-version of your book?:smallfrown:

Destro_Yersul
2010-06-17, 03:53 PM
Remembering dreams is mostly a matter of trying to. The usual technique is to make a habit of writing them down as soon as you wake up - literally keep a notebook by the bed. The habit is more important than the legibility of the text... :smallbiggrin:

I should try that. Need to find a spare notebook first, though.

but is it worth a random film director to make a crap movie-version of your book?:smallfrown:

That's why you pick a good Director and insist on having the final word on the script.

Comet
2010-06-17, 04:02 PM
That's why you pick a good Director and insist on having the final word on the script.

Or rather do the movie yourself, too. Renaissance man ahoy!

Thajocoth
2010-06-17, 05:13 PM

This requires that you remember something at the moment you wake up. While most remembered dreams fade in those first few moments, for some (like myself), there's nothing even in those first moments, so there's nothing to write. When I do remember dreams, I write them down immediately. I've remembered 1 about 2 months ago, 1 about a year before that, and prior to that it's been years. So a person being ready to write them down doesn't mean they'll necessarily have anything to write most of the time.

It's worth a try for people who want to, I'm just saying that people shouldn't expect too much from it, 'cause it's not 100%.

Xyk
2010-06-17, 06:40 PM
L'see: You have low confidence and your peers as well as your family don't help with this. However the girl you have a crush on makes you feel confident in yourself. So, how did I do?

That's probably not entirely off base from when I had this dream. Being a middle child sucks. I'm not entirely satisfied, but maybe I can get a friend to do it. Or psychoanalysis is actually just mumbo-jumbo.

You post on the forums entirely too often.

Cealocanth
2010-06-19, 10:10 PM
I have the sort of dreams that Hollywood would pay a fortune for the movie rights to.

I knew there was annother one out there! I too dream in large scale adventure scenarios, ones that could, possibly, be movies, books, or the like.

It never made much sense when a person tells you that if you dream of strawberries or something simple like that, thenn this means something about you. Sorry dream-theorists, but my dreams are a bit more complicated.

Oh, and to the first poster, you're not brain damaged or anything, you just have been doing things during the day repetitively and out of habit, every. day. Either stop doing disturbing things every day, or mix a little variation into your life, the dreams should soften up nice.