PDA

View Full Version : 4e Ranged Combat Advantage

archmage45
2010-06-11, 10:01 AM
I'm currently running a 4e game, and several creatures do more damage with their ranged attacks when they have combat advantage, yet it seems really hard to get it at range.

Any suggestions?

A related question: if I grapple one of the PCs they are considered immobilized, but not restrained? In this case does restrained basically mean tied up?

Thanks!

Thajocoth
2010-06-11, 10:25 AM
I'm currently running a 4e game, and several creatures do more damage with their ranged attacks when they have combat advantage, yet it seems really hard to get it at range.

Any suggestions?

A related question: if I grapple one of the PCs they are considered immobilized, but not restrained? In this case does restrained basically mean tied up?

Thanks!

I believe grappled is restrained, not immobilized.

You combine those enemies with enemies that cause status effects that grant CA, like dazed.

zantes
2010-06-11, 10:31 AM
Grappled (or grabbed) is just immobilize. What you need are creatures that stun/dominate/daze/blind.

Hzurr
2010-06-11, 10:38 AM
There's also a slew of powers that make enemies grant combat advantage (I think Bards have a power that does it at-will)

Thajocoth
2010-06-11, 11:17 AM
There's also a slew of powers that make enemies grant combat advantage (I think Bards have a power that does it at-will)

Bards are generally not siding with the monsters.

TricksyAndFalse
2010-06-11, 01:23 PM
I believe you also get CA if you strike from full concealment. Invisibility or striking from darkness will do the trick (particularly if the PCs are standing near a light source, and the opponent is well outside the range of illumination).