PDA

View Full Version : Inner Darkness: Drow Intrigue Secrets and Adventure(3.5, IC)

Eloi
2010-06-11, 10:52 AM
The term 'underdark' invokes a grimness that is befitting of the current atmosphere in the area. No sunlight to see, the top of the endless caverns being a little too close to your head, the ever crawling gigantic spiders, and the near constant murders and thefts make it a terrifying place...for a surface dweller. But you live here. The lack of sunlight is a blessing. The caverns are nice and close to you. The spiders are cute and helpful in clearing the area of insects. Murder and theft make life interesting, especially when you are a drow.
However, today is a grim day for the Auvryvirr house. The matriarch of the house, affectionately called 'Mother Auvryvirr' has died under mysterious circumstances, and all attempts by the clerics to raise her have proven unsuccessful as her spirit was either unable or unwilling to return. Thus she is being laid to rest today for there is nothing the clerics can do to revive her.
The house's colossal spider Uss Vel'uss Kyorlen carries the corpse of the elderly white-haired drow with many smaller spiders mummifying her with a webbed weave over her slowly as Kyorlen slowly carries her to the elaborately decorated casket.
Nadorhuan, sister of Mother Auvryvirr came up to speak on her behalf. She had silvery white hair, ice blue eyes, and blueish obsidian skin, wearing a black loose shirt with intricate designs and symbols and black pants with silver lining weave.
She was significantly younger than Mother Auvryvirr, and seemed rather meek. She used Drow Silent language to commune only. <She will be missed.> she hand signaled before she sat back down.
Zhal'essin, wife of Nadorhuan from a different house, came up to talk. She had snow white hair, blood red eyes, loose cob webs making up what little clothing she wore, and a seemingly ethereal glow, Many smaller spiders suddenly crawl near her as she struts to the front. She says in an annoyed tone. “Crazy bitch is gone, she shouldn't have been messing around with the Innerdark.” she laughed horribly. “So lets cook up some rothe and have a party, eh?”
One of the guests, Venochligrr one of the more distantly related to Mother Auvryvirr glides up to where Zhal'essin is. She wore her black robe contrasted by light-blonde hair and a prominent silver dagger in her right hand. She says smugly. “I believe most of the territory claims in the Innerdark would go to me, correct?”
<The money received is nice.> signaled Nadorhuan. “And the power...” Zhal'essin laughed manically at her new found rank in power as a cleric in the house.
Your character can dispute any of these claims, question any of them, or give their own speech, tho' they all seem to have a motive.

Eloi
2010-06-12, 03:43 PM
Bluff checks:
Nadorhuan [roll0]
Zhal'essin [roll1]
Venochligrr [roll2]

Merrow
2010-06-12, 04:27 PM
Randor sitting in his chair smiled the same smile he had for his entire life, looking to each family member slowly. His bemused face never changing as he streaches slightly, the sound of bones popping could be heared, he stands up and slowly walks around the rest over to the casket, looking into the casket his smile grows till it nearly splits his face then as quickly as it was there it returned to its normal size.
He turns around and slowly makes his way back to his seat bowing politly to the three standing women.

Eloi
2010-06-12, 04:32 PM
"What the **** is he so happy about?" said Zhal'essin huffily.
Venochligrr shrugged. "I'm going to go investigate this matter further." She glided over to him, still clenching her drawn knife in her right hand, and sat next to him. "So are you happy that you stole my kill?" she said in a fierce yet hushed tone.

Intimidate check: [roll0]

Merrow
2010-06-12, 04:50 PM
[roll0]

Randor turns his smile still there, his head slowly moves down Venochligrr to look at the knife and still slowly back up to look her in the eye's.

"No mistress I am not happy to have stoll your kill if it has upset you this much."

Randor looks back at the knife and then again at Venochligrr.

"Is there a way I can make you happier?"

Eloi
2010-06-12, 04:55 PM
Venochligrr licks the knife and cackles just to creep him out further.
Nadorhuan noted what was going on and pushed Venochligrr slightly back. <Why are you being so mean to the Sir, what did he do?>
Venochligrr frowned at her. "'The sir'? Are you stupid or something? Well obviously since you only talk in Silent..."
Nadorhuan made a slight growling sound that kind of startled Venochligrr.
"...maybe you aren't completely silent...."
Nadorhuan turned back to Randor. <Want me to help you up?>
Venochligrr made a mock-gagging sound at Nadorhuan's kind behavior.

Merrow
2010-06-12, 05:12 PM
Randor stands up slowly his smile remains unchanged. Turning to Nadorhuan "Why you don't need to help me mistress, it is my place to help you."

Looking again at Venochligrr and to her knife "And mistress if you find fun in knife play that is fine but I do not think now is the right time or place."

Eloi
2010-06-12, 05:22 PM
<Sorry good Sir.> signals Nadorhuan, backing away.
Venochligrr leers at him with her red eyes before putting the knife to his throat. "The only 'knife play' you'll see from me is your cut open throat bleeding onto the dirt if you don't watch your mouth" she said angrily. She looked around before saying "Good bye for now..." as she mysteriously leaves the funeral cavern.
Zhal'essin comes in on the gigantic spider Kyorlen and looks at Nadorhuan and Randor before laughing, tho' her laugh was more spiteful than creepy. "You may bow to your high cleric now." Nadorhuan leaned away from Kyorlen and looked more uncomfortable than she already was. "I have many important clerical things to do. Good bye peasants!"
The room had mostly cleared except for Nadorhuan and Randor. <I'll go now too if you want.> she hand-signed.

Merrow
2010-06-12, 05:33 PM
Randor bows to Zhal'essin and after she leaves he turns to Nadorhuan.
"My wants are not what mater here, the wants of you and the other mistresses are waht matters, if you wish to stay then stay if you want to go you may go, I have no influnce over this, so please what would you like to do, mistress."

Eloi
2010-06-12, 05:36 PM
She made a small confused 'Um' sound before leaving the cavern. Before walking out she signs <Well I want you to want to do what you want to do, if that makes sense.>

Merrow
2010-06-12, 05:47 PM
Randor bows to Nadorhuan as she leaves, he then turns and returns to his seat, sitting down he sits there eyes closed head slightly down, hands resting in his lap, his smile still there, he seems to be humming a slight tune.

Eloi
2010-06-12, 05:57 PM
Nadorhuan comes back, sits down next to him and hums along.

Merrow
2010-06-12, 06:36 PM
Randors head stays perfectly still but his eye opens up and he looks to his side to see Nadorhuan.
"You came back mistress, is there something I can help you with?"

Eloi
2010-06-12, 06:42 PM
<I'm perfectly capable of doing things, thanks. You are capable of thinking for yourself too. Be more independent, eh?> she signed to him with a stern look on her face.

Merrow
2010-06-12, 06:48 PM
"But I do think for myself, I am not allowed to think of the others before myself, could not my own free will be used to serve?"

Randor says calmly with his smile growing slightly.

Eloi
2010-06-13, 06:59 AM
<You're attitude sickens me.> said Nadorhuan rising to leave.

MistressBaerne
2010-06-13, 08:31 AM
Vyerri smirks slightly at the unusual exchange. "That's doctrine, though, isn't it? All the chaos and confusion we create by caring not even for kith and kin serve the greater glory of the Spider Queen. And our own amusement, of course."

Merrow
2010-06-13, 11:37 AM
"why does it sicken you that I enjoy to help others, that my life is made better throught in my own heart to help the others around me?"

Randor cracks his knuckles lightly and removes imaginary dust from his lap.

Eloi
2010-06-13, 11:48 AM
"Life. Live it." said Nadorhuan to both of them in a soft voice before leaving the cavern.
"Wow you ticked her off enough to speak? Awesome." said Zhal'essin, who came back on her gigantic spider and cackled at Vyerri. "Oh you pathetic wizard. The ability of summoning Arcane magic is insignificant next to the power of the Lolth. I am the most powerful magic-user in this house and you know it."
The spider leered at Vyerri.

MistressBaerne
2010-06-13, 05:21 PM
"My dear, it's a question of taste. Arcane, divine - both are simply means to an end. And wouldn't you say that a suggestion that the Spider Queen favors only those of a certain profession seems a tad... dogmatic, for a goddess of chaos?

Come to think of it, the idea of not exploring the Innerdark has always seemed a tad dogmatic. Nothing ventured, nothing gained, and all that."

Eloi
2010-06-13, 05:28 PM
"Lolth gave me a divine sign that the Innerdark shouldn't be explored. But being an arcane one you wouldn't understand that." said Zhal'essin smuggly before noting that Venochligrr had come back.
"You aren't allowed to explore my territory anyway, either of you." growled Venochligrr.

MistressBaerne
2010-06-13, 05:36 PM
"Perhaps you would be kind enough to explain this 'sign,' instead of expecting us to accept it on faith, Zhal'essin? And how exactly was it determined that a distant relative like you, Venochligrr dear, inherited all the Innerdark properties?"

Eloi
2010-06-13, 05:42 PM
Zhal'essin took a deep breath. "Well y'see, I tried to approach the Innerdark but an etheral told me 'You must not go to the Innerdark. Beware! Beware!" and I knew it was in fact Lolth because I saw a mass of spiders crawl out of nowhere before leaving again. Its a sign!"

"That's stupid." said Venochligrr dismissively. "Anyway, I staked claims in case of a death by unfortunate circumstances, you can find them in Mother Auvryvirr's scrolls." she polled out a large pile of documents. "Its detailed here."

MistressBaerne
2010-06-13, 07:03 PM
"A creature warned you off and a few spiders showed up? And this from an entity that you, as a powerful cleric, can actually ask?" Vyerri's silvery eyebrow rises slightly. "Unlikely." That said, she grabs the scrolls indicated and starts reding through them - knowledge is power, after all.

Eloi
2010-06-13, 07:10 PM
Zhal'essin huffily leaves on her spider in response.
The document is very formal and eloquent. Lavishly illustrated, lots of maps, many measurements and descriptions of the wild life. However anything regarding Venochligrr seems to be very hastily written, the handwriting deplorable with a large amount of typos. The writing style is frantic and the margins are all over the place. Its the same hand writing, just worse. The claims are also very vague. "Venochaligrr Venochligrr gets the Innerdark for whatever claims she has made. She maid made claims at some point for whatever points mapped in this document."

Merrow
2010-06-13, 07:19 PM
Randor stands up, his head shacks slightly, as he walks around and behind his chair he kneels down and the sound of clicks can be heard, he stands again this time holding a lute and tuning it carefully.

"It is a good thing only the house was invited."

Randor says absent-mindedly as he moves to sit down again paying more attention to the instrument than anything else.

Eloi
2010-06-14, 07:25 AM
Venochligrr snatches the documents away and glides out along with Zhal'essin and Nadorhuan. Other house members are walking around the outside of the funeral cavern, much commotion going on still from Mother Auvryvirr's death.

MikelaC1
2010-06-14, 08:13 AM
ALI'C'EA

Ali'c'ea quietly walks up to the casket, up until now, you had not even noticed her, so quiet she had been. She stares silently at her adoptive mother for a moment, her face bearing no sign as to her current emotions, before she finally speaks.

Youre finally where you belong. Say hello to Kill'ill'lee for me, before you get eaten by a dretch. Or better yet, before you devolve into a manes, it would suit you more.

She moves, making way for her sister to have her say. As always, the two identical twins are impossible to tell apart.

Jabber
2010-06-14, 01:06 PM
I cast glibness on myself prior to entering the chamber, +30 to bluff checks

A slight figure glides towards the web-draped corpse. His yellow eyes sweep over the body, before with a sigh and a nod, he turns to those gathered.

"While I don't doubt that everyone here is as deeply saddened by the departure of the dearly departed," Mar'Drav drawled, a slight twist to his lips the only signal to his sarcasm. "But I wonder at the apparent lack of concern in to the cause of our beloved Matron's death."

He paced in front of the casket, the very picture of concerned indignation.
"Far be it from me, youngest of our House, to object to the actions of those older and wiser than I. But might I be the only scion of Auvryvirr to seek answers..." He trailed off, looking at the leaders of his family. Then he whispered in a hiss meant to reach to the corners of the room. Answers, and vengeance!

He strode from the platform and took up a position to the side of the room not far from the door. Watching and waiting.

He was trying to gain allies and also to draw out any that could be working against him.

Either Bluff checks (with the truth): [roll0]
a Diplomacy check: [roll1]
Also a Sense Motive check to see if anyone reacts to what I say: [roll2]

Eloi
2010-06-14, 01:26 PM
A few blank-looking Drow followed him, but they seemed very easily coerced. "What's the first course of action?"

Venochligrr came up with three other hooded drow, all with very dull and rusty with jagged ripping edges knives in their hands. "Such a pretentious presentation of insincerity." she said venom in her voice. "How about you try that again?"

Venochligrr's Intimidate check (to hopefully modify your behavior into a more truthful ideal: [roll0]

MikelaC1
2010-06-14, 01:30 PM
ALI'C'EA

Ali'c'ea walks up to Mar'Drav, and stands near him, waiting for the others to have their turn with the corpse.

Lack of concern and answers? She was murdered, what question is there of that. Our "mother" had enough enemies that sooner or later, one of them would succeed. I shed no tears for it, but the only vengeance I seek is to make sure no one thinks about repeating the action with other members. The house must appear strong. But tomorrow, not today. Today, we pay our 'condolences'. Or celebrate.

Eloi
2010-06-14, 01:34 PM
"Celebrate! Hoo!" said Zhal'essin callously whilst petting her spider.

Merrow
2010-06-14, 01:35 PM
Randor still carefully plucking at the strings of the lute listens to the speech intently but does not look away from his lute at one point his expressions changes ever so quickly, his lips tighten and his smile reveals more teeth his eyes turn to slights and gleam and a moment later it returns to normal.

"interesting notion and how do you expect to act upon it. Death is a normal occurrence in the higher tiers of the families and to seek out vengeance is all well and good but there is a great difference to seeking and acting."

Randor says calmly and then starts to pluck out a tune on the lute it is sombre and slow.

Bluff [roll0]
Performance [roll1]

Jabber
2010-06-14, 02:02 PM
"Insincerity? Mar'Drav's face is a picture of hurt feelings, which becomes composed so swiftly it could only be an act. Clearly there is no love lost, which I think all could agree.
His yellow eyes meet Venochligrr's with the slightest hint of apprehension. Our House, as dear Ali'c'ea so rightly pointed out, must be strong. An example must be made. If not...
The young noble shurgs his shoulders in a helpless gesture.
"We may all share her fate. Not something I wish for in the slightest.

Can't beat her Intimedate but since I was telling the truth about vengance, I don't think I did anything wrong. Lets try Diplomacy this time.

Diplomacy [roll0]

sdeligar
2010-06-14, 02:09 PM
For the first time in what seemed years Zaulyl was actually dressed as a member of his own house. It was actually a little strange wearing the house color's a sigil again but here he was the obedient son "mourning" the Mothers death.

While everyone else seems to be arguing over who get's what and possible vengeance Zaulyl moves carefully around the room his well trained ear's and eyes trying to pick up as much conversation as possible, his nose twitching slightly as he considers the possibilities this situation was creating. Of course he would first have to get enough information to actually make use of it but this trip may not have been the waste he had first believed it to be.

Watching the scene after Mar'Drav speech he grins slightly. There was definately potential here. Zaulyl begins actively speaking with people asking the occasional question and dropping hints about his willingness to help the right person.

Listen Check [roll0]
Gather information [roll1]

Eloi
2010-06-14, 02:11 PM
"Just all keep out of my territory and I'll spare your lives. Otherwise I don't care." said Venochligrr still irritated.

Initial attitude was 'Hostile' you met a DC of 25 for 'Indifferent'.

MikelaC1
2010-06-14, 02:14 PM
Your territory? What exactly makes it your territory? A forged document that says so? Hardly the drow way, do you plan to take us to court over it? If I were you, I would be moving troops down there to enforce your 'claim'. Otherwise, its a free-for-all.

Eloi
2010-06-14, 02:17 PM
For Zaulyl only:
Zaulyl finds out that Venochligrr and her gang actually are rather notorious murderers and were gone for the latter half of Mother Auvryvirr's last night. Zhal'essin was apparently searching for her spider as it had gone missing before recovering it later. Nadorhuan was missing as well, and many people swear they seen her roaming the Upperdark.

Eloi
2010-06-14, 02:22 PM
Venochligrr's mouth corner twitched a little as she stroked the blade of her knife with her unprotected fingers. Her red eyes were transfixed on Ali'c'ea, a rather rage-filled glow was given off. "It. Is. Mine." she spat out with venom.

Jabber
2010-06-14, 02:26 PM
A forgery? That is a harsh statement, may I see the paperwork in question? Maybe I could discern the truth?

If I get the paperwork, I will use my Gloves of Object Reading to see if there are any clues.

Also, Search on examining the paperwork [roll0]
And Forgery to tell if it is [roll1]

Eloi
2010-06-14, 02:34 PM
You find that the document is not forged, but anything mentioning Venochligrr is hastily and frantically written.

Merrow
2010-06-14, 02:42 PM
Randor looks at Venochligrr the music he is playing picking up a little speed and eeriness to it.

"She does have a point about your troops you should move them to your new territories quickly other wise it will be a free for all and not just for the members in this house you don't believe that the other houses would stand around while you argue over the territory, do you?"

Randor looks down at the lute quickly and the tempo picks up even more speed, he looks at the twins.

"And you should know better by now, houses aren't impressed by vengeance or the like, its the success that matter, so look for your vengeance if you must but find it, otherwise you make this house look weak.”

Randor stops playing for a moment and then continues at the original pace.

sdeligar
2010-06-14, 02:49 PM
Zaulyl considers what he's learned for a moment then moves closer to the little group. If what he had learned was right then the twins would need to be more careful and take there time plus he didn't like Venochligrr very much. Carefully trying to position himself where Venochligrr can't see him but Ali'c'ea can he tries to get her attention with the silent language. <Carefully sister. Best to take the time to plan before moving on Cenochligrr. She may well have you outnumbered here. Such argument's are best dealt with in....private.>

Move Silently so Venochligrr doesn't see him move [roll0]
Hide to stay unnoticed from her and her friends [roll1]

Eloi
2010-06-14, 02:53 PM
[secret rolls]
Venochligrr is being inattentive, and does not notice.

Eloi
2010-06-14, 03:45 PM
Venochligrr looks at Randor annoyed "I already have some of my gang there, I'm not as stupid as you look."

Merrow
2010-06-14, 03:55 PM
"My dear your intelligence was never brought into question..... however it probably should be if you believe rude comment like that are the correct response to a question."

Randor stops playing for a second.

"Or perhaps its not your intelligence but your etiquette that should be question, since someone so easily angered shows obvious flaws in their actions and another word for flaws is, hmm......that's right weakness and are you willing to make yourself look weak to other just because they point out the obvious to you?"

Eloi
2010-06-14, 04:10 PM
She pulls out a rather large scroll, writes something down, puts it back in her robes, and nods her head. "I suppose..." she says somewhat amused.

sdeligar
2010-06-14, 04:26 PM
Zaulyl had to choke off a chuckle at Randor's comments but at the sametime feeling the younger man might be pushing his luck a bit. He couldn't help but stare a bit as he she pulls out the scroll. Now what interesting little secrets could be hidden there. He moves back a bit still being careful to avoid Venochligrrs attention but keeping a careful eye on her and her knife fetish followers.

Deciding to try and change the subject before things get any worse he moves over to Randor, for once making no attempt to hide himself. "Randor you've improved since last I heard you play. Of course that was a long time ago wasn't it. How has life been?"

Merrow
2010-06-14, 04:28 PM
Randor laughs suddenly and sharply his laugh bounces of the walls and the sharp and strange tone makes it all the stranger to hear.

"And that, my dear is how you will become better, you willing to listen, a good strong quality that many don't have or many mistake for weakness, to listen to the advice of others is to be fooled, but if you can't trust the advice of your family."

Randor laughs again and his eyes gleam madly, his smile stretches, his sharp teeth bare, his voice becomes bone chilling and vicious.

"Who can you trust."

Randors face returns to normal and he carries on playing the lute.

Radnors eyes turn to Zaulyl but his hands keep playing.

"Good sir, it has been well, and yourself?"

Eloi
2010-06-14, 04:34 PM
Venochligrr smiles. "I think I'll follow you're advice for the rest of your life."

Zaulyl only, who is the only one to indicate he saw the scroll:

Its a cryptic list of names, with dates and locations next to them, some struck out.

MikelaC1
2010-06-14, 07:57 PM
Her red eyes were transfixed on Ali'c'ea, a rather rage-filled glow was given off. "It. Is. Mine." she spat out with venom.

For now. But all things change.

MistressBaerne
2010-06-14, 08:46 PM
"If I may be so bold as to make a suggestion," said Vyerri with the air of one who doesn't really care if other people want her to be so bold, "Bickering and exchanging threats about who owns the Innerdark territories will not change who does. That will have to be settled in a more... interesting way."

Jabber
2010-06-14, 09:48 PM
Interesting ways? What a charming way to put it.

With a sigh, the young noble tossed him self in a seat.
Sequestered in all my books away at the Academy, I heard little about the Innerdark, would someone care to expound upon the wonders below?

sdeligar
2010-06-14, 10:15 PM
His mind still on the scroll and what else he had learned in such a short time only because of his training is he able to reply. "Oh you know me always something new and interesting to find or do." He turns as he hears someone mention the Innerdark again and raises his voice for others to hear. "Yes, I've only heard rumors so far and I would love to know more."

Eloi
2010-06-15, 09:08 AM
Nadorhuan starts hand-signalling
<Lo, the Innerdark be a place of mystery
Of shrouded circumstances and history
But for which its virgin turf to explore
To go there and discover, I to you implore>
Venochligrr grumbled and left.
<Where are you going? Don't you want to stay and be mildly pissed off at everyone? ... Guess not!>
<Anyway, the Innerdark is very dangerous. Labyrinthine and full of weird creatures. I've been tasked to be the cartographer of the place for the house, anyone want to accompany me? I won't be surprised if no one offers...>

Jabber
2010-06-15, 09:17 AM
Hmm, let me see. Mystery and Danger...
Mar taps his non-masked temple, deep in thought, his agile mind considering the possibilities.

<It would seem that certain personages wish to capitalize on a perceived weakness in our House to gain dominance in the Innerdark.>
<Frankly, I am loathe to give them that opportunity. I think I shall be pleased to accompany an excursion.>

With a look around to his family, he arched an eyebrow in silent question.

MikelaC1
2010-06-15, 09:18 AM
ALI'C'EA

Of course I will accompany you. Who knows what sort of arcane secrets I can discover there. The lure of arcane power is all that drives me, and places like that should be just full of them.

MistressBaerne
2010-06-15, 09:50 AM
Vyerri smiles slightly. "A wonderful idea, Aunt. I would be happy to accompany you."

OOC: I think Nadorhuan's my aunt, anyway - Drow families sure are complicated.

Eloi
2010-06-15, 09:53 AM
<Well follow my lead I'll get you to the Innerdark.> Signaled Nadorhuan, walking off in another direction at a brisk pace with a parchment and quill.

OOC: You don't really know her all that well, but thats true.

sdeligar
2010-06-15, 11:27 AM
He couldn't help but smile at the offer to explore the innerdark but at the sametime he couldn't help but wonder if this could be a trap and leaving Venochligrr here unwatched could be a mistake as well. As was usually the case for Zaulyl curiosity beat caution and he followed behind Nadorhuan. "If nothing else watching Venochligrr throw a temper tantrum should be worth it."

Merrow
2010-06-15, 01:14 PM
Randor turned around walked back to his chair and around it putting the lute away he picked up the box it was carried ina and then grabbed his jacket and put it on.

"The Innerdark sounds like a interesting place."

He then starts to follow Nadorhuan

MikelaC1
2010-06-15, 06:25 PM
ALI'C'EA

Alicea follows at leisurely pace, making sure that she is not in the front row or the back row of the group.

Jabber
2010-06-16, 10:59 PM
With a slight motion, Mar'Drav gathers the lesser members of the house that were swayed by his speech around him.

With a low urgent voice he spoke to them. "It would seem that I must investigate this Innerdark and the politics around it. It seems likely that it has something to do with our Matrons murder.

With a steady look in each drows eye, he laid upon them a task.
Watch and listen, as is the drow way. Find the mistakes, the error that whoever attacked our House committed. Do nothing overt, wait for me. I will take the action. And you my spies will all be rewarded for your efforts for our house.

With a slight bow, he withdrew from them and followed off after the departing group destined for the Innerdark

And bluff check to keep them thinking that they are special [roll0]
Just building up a power base for the future, in case its needed

Savannah
2010-06-17, 12:02 AM
Ysaere

Throughout the ceremony, Ysaere has remained uncharacteristically silent, seemingly lost in her own world, clutching her holy symbol tightly. As the group leaves, she seems to shake herself out of whatever she has been thinking about, and falls in beside her sister.

sdeligar
2010-06-17, 02:01 AM
Conscious of the fact that about everyone that disapproves of Venochligrr happens to currently be travelling in a nice little group Zaulyl is unable to throw off his feeling of unease and trying to remain inconspicuous he begins carefully scanning the area around them for hidden dangers and signs of ambush occasionally walking faster to walk near the front of the group for a while then slowing to near the back watching the shadows carefully.

Spot check for hidden dangers [roll0]

Eloi
2010-06-17, 08:22 AM
You arrive at an uncharacteristically bright and expansive cavern. There is a swirling path that wraps around more paths onto more paths. You see moving puddles of blood inching across the looping paths as random bright flashes of light emerge from deep below the tangled curling paths. Some of the paths are in fact crumbled or crushed underneath other paths. The geometry of the place was non-Eucidlean and seemed to abuse anyone's understanding of physics.
Nadorhuan opens up the map, revealing something more close to a very complicated diorama. She smiles. <Not too hard to figure out!> She sits down with two abacuses and a grid whilst studying the diorama map. <Okay> she sighes <According to this we could either go west or east, however I haven't explored the Eastern paths much and my diorama doesn't really have anything mapped out in that area. However the Western paths are some of which I know are safe and what to do there. So are we agreed that we should go West?>

MikelaC1
2010-06-17, 08:45 AM
ALI'C'EA

We could go west, I suppose. But wouldnt the richer prizes be located to the east, the areas that have not been explored and presumably plundered? And wouldnt going that way reveal more useful information for your diorama? I mean, I'll go west if everyone else wants, but the option of east has its advantages.

Eloi
2010-06-17, 10:31 AM
Nadorhuan made a 'hmm' sound before signalling <Well it might be littered with more monsters, however. There is a lot of creepy things living in the Innerdark.> She pondered more. <However going the way already mapped might get us ambushed since Venochligrr knows that territory as well as I do.> She paused before holding up her hands again. <Well it seems that we might be in trouble either way we go, so I'm going to leave it up to you guys.>

sdeligar
2010-06-17, 11:28 AM
""Both ways have there merits. I don't think anybody here would mind the chance to take Venochligrr out of the game, but if she is the notorious murder my contacts say she is we could be ill equipped for that meeting right now. Of course if we move carefully we could change things to our advantage. I haven't noticed anybody following us that means her people have to stumble around down here until they find us so we could have just as much chance to ambush her as she does to ambush us. But at the same time exploring an area Venochligrr doesn't know could be useful as well. Convince her later to head down there and we could jump her there."

Eloi
2010-06-17, 11:37 AM
<We are not> She made an exaggerated hand sign for 'not' for emphasis. <jumping anybody! I just want to map out the Innerdark and study its specii, if you want to progress your revenge plots consider yourself alone on that.>

Savannah
2010-06-17, 11:46 AM
Ysaere

"It seems that there is a greater chance of an attack from the west, as there is likely to be someone waiting for us. I say east."

Merrow
2010-06-17, 12:13 PM
Randor was looking around, it looked fairly nice from what he could see, he then stood there listening to what people were saying.

"Well isn't everyone feeling decisive today."

The sarcasm dripped from his moth.

"East, west we will wind up some where being attacked, so I prefer to leave my choice up to luck."

he says flipping a coin into the air and catching it.

"heads west, tails east."

He says flicking the coin high into the air.

Eloi
2010-06-17, 03:05 PM
The coin falls into the sprawling abyss, never to seen again.

Merrow
2010-06-17, 03:26 PM
"Hmm thats either a bad or good sign or both, well the gods have decided, I am going down, either direction is fine as long as we head down."

Randor says as he looks down into the abyss.

Eloi
2010-06-17, 03:40 PM
<Welp, there is no other way to go but down if you want to explore the Innerdark. So...we still have to choose.> signaled Nadorhuan before sighing.

Merrow
2010-06-17, 04:05 PM
"Padon did you just call me welp?"

Randor turned quickly his eyes seem cold but his lips were a streatched smile so tight and thin it risked breaking his face in half.

Eloi
2010-06-17, 05:15 PM
<Sorry my fingers got stuck together when trying to produce the second 'l', I meant 'well'> signed Nadorhuan.

MistressBaerne
2010-06-17, 09:08 PM
"Enough of this. Let's go East; it's unmapped and less likely to contain organized opposition."

sdeligar
2010-06-17, 10:13 PM
"Revenge? This has nothing to do with revenge simple survival. Shrugging his shoulders he gives a small mocking bow that somehow seems directed at all the females in the group"But as always I am but a humble servant providing aid to his Mistress. I shall naturally abide by your wishes."

Merrow
2010-06-22, 06:44 PM
Randor smile became a bit more bright.

"Oh yes, our life is for the mistress, shall we head east then?"

Randor started to look around for a path that lead east.

Savannah
2010-06-22, 07:09 PM
Ysaere

"But as always I am but a humble servant providing aid to his Mistress. I shall naturally abide by your wishes."

"Naturally." Ysaere eyes Randor suspiciously, "I'd suggest you remember that. Welp."

Merrow
2010-06-22, 07:51 PM
Randors neck snaps sudenly and his hands grab his own head, as if it moved of its own accord, his hands go back to his sides and he turns around.

"I will always remeber that mistress."

He bows dramaticaly as he says it.

MikelaC1
2010-06-22, 08:12 PM
ALICEA

Standing next to her sister, Ali'c'ea's fingers flex slightly at Randor's impertinence, small sparks seeming to come from them, the smell of acid tinges the air lightly.
Lead on, then.

Merrow
2010-06-22, 09:13 PM
Twisting on his heal Randor turns to the nearest path that heads east and begins to walk. Pulling out his lute he begins to play slowly as he walks, some of the words drift quietly from his lips as he walks.

"I'd love to take you home with me and tuck you into bed
I'd love to see what makes you tick inside your pretty head
I'd love to hear you laugh tonight, I'd love to hear you weep
I'd love to listen to you while you're screaming in your sleep
I'd love to soothe you with my voice and take your hand in mine
I'd love to take you past the stars and out of reach of time
I'd love to see inside your mind, to tear it all apart
To cut you open with a knife and find your sacred heart
I'd love to take your satin dolls and tear them all to shreds
I'd love to mess your pretty hair, I'd love to see you dead."

Performance Check: [roll0]

Savannah
2010-06-22, 09:27 PM
Ysarere

Ysaere leans in towards Ali'c'ea. "We'd best watch that one closely, sister," she whispers.

Eloi
2010-06-22, 09:42 PM
The eastern paths have many strange unseen fora, and the creatures of the Underdark's far past roam casually by the group. Nadorhuan walks increasingly upwards on the eastern past, and it seems to be getting brighter. She is oddly silent and the path is becoming harder to climb as if you're all going straight up a wall.

sdeligar
2010-06-22, 10:33 PM
He shrugs and follows along running a finger along the handle of his sword, eyes still scanning the area around them for traps or pursuit. There were to many good targets here for his comfort. "I'm surprised nobody has explored to the east. I expected the nearest tunnels to have been flooded with explorers by now. But then again I haven't been here myself. How many families have sent expeditions here?"

Zaulyl is a paranoid spy so
Spot Check [roll0]
Sense Motive [roll1]

Eloi
2010-06-22, 10:51 PM
Nadorhuan looks at you coldly. <I am the only one who has been here, the explorers usually go for the west.> This was a lie, you could tell, and there might have been hidden motives at work.

sdeligar
2010-06-22, 11:56 PM
Doing the best to keep Nadorhuan from noticing his suspicion he smiles slightly. "Wonderful. I'm glad you had the foresight to bring us here first. I'm sure we will all benefit from it." He watches her for a moment then moves closer to the others speaking quietly. "Something is wrong she was lying about this area. She has something planned and I'd bet we are getting close. I will do as you believe best."

Bluff Check at Nadorhuan [roll0]
Move Silently [roll1]

MikelaC1
2010-06-23, 06:29 AM
So if you have been here, why does your diorama not show anything of the area. Something special that you didnt want Venoch to know about?

[roll0] Bluff at Nadourhuon

Savannah
2010-06-23, 06:27 PM
Ysaere says nothing, but smiles knowingly at Nadourhuon.

Aid another on Ali'c'ea's bluff: [roll0] (Don't know if it will actually help, but I'm trying to give her the impression that I already know, so she'd might as well spill the beans.)

Eloi
2010-06-23, 09:53 PM
She laughed nervously at the group. She noted the surroundings. <Okay, we're not to far from it...> She looked at the group and bolted on the upwards spiraling paths. She's not running all that fast, so if one of you decide to chase her you can probably catch her, but there might be a battle, however you can just let her go on and figure out the place for yourself, but you might get ambushed.

MikelaC1
2010-06-24, 05:11 AM
ALI'C'EA

Without malice, and without a trace of surprise, Ali'c'ea blandly comments

Treacherous bitch

Still without emotion, she conjures a Melfs Acid Arrow and sends it streaking after the fleeing drow

[roll0] Ranged Touch Attack
[roll1] Damage
(no spell resistance on MAA)

Eloi
2010-06-24, 07:44 AM
The magical projectile hits her, making her collapse to the ground. Her leg is bleeding from the attack, and she tries to scramble to get up but falls back over, whilst burning.

MikelaC1
2010-06-24, 07:57 AM
(Note that the acid continues to burn her for 2 more rounds, 2d4 each round)

MistressBaerne
2010-06-24, 08:37 AM
Vyerri smirks at Ali'c'ea. "Good shot, but acid? Plebian at best."

Strolling up to Nadorhuan, she says, "What exactly were you thinking there, Nadorhuan dear?" after casting Detect Thoughts on herself.

Eloi
2010-06-24, 09:10 AM
You hear the thoughts of "Oh god the burning argh." and similar comments in Elven.
She grunts but doesn't say/signal anything to you.

MistressBaerne
2010-06-24, 09:33 AM
Pulling a vial of healing potion from her belt, Vyerri dangles it in front of Nadorhuan.

"Pull yourself together, Aunt. Explain how this... unfortunate misunderstanding came about, and why, and I'll be inclined to fix it."

OOC: I'm sure that counts as a Diplomacy check. 1d20+5+2 I added a +2 circumstance bonus for having something she wants (healing). Feel free to disregard that if it's deemed inappropriate.

MistressBaerne
2010-06-24, 09:34 AM
Rolling fail. [roll0]

Eloi
2010-06-24, 09:37 AM
She coughs and stands up. "I am not your Aunt. I know none of you. Please let me go..." she said in a weak tone in Common.

Savannah
2010-06-24, 12:20 PM
Ysaere strolls over to Nadorhuan. "Oh, come now, surely you don't think we are foolish enough to believe that?" She shakes her head in reproach.

MikelaC1
2010-06-24, 12:26 PM
Another round of burning, seeing as we are just talking

[roll0]

Moving to wipe that acid off without telling us whats going on would not be advisable

As if to emphasize the point, Ali'c'ea lifts her fingers again, ready to cast at a moments notice

Eloi
2010-06-24, 01:15 PM
"I d-don't have proof, but I'm just a surface dweller that Zhal'essin kidnapped. She s-said that in order to get proper inheritance she needed someone to fill in for Nadorhuan, who was m-murdered before by Venoch." she said in Common, squirming around away from them.

sdeligar
2010-06-24, 01:22 PM
((Changed post to account for Eloi's last post. This board really needs something to tell you when someone posts as you are working on a post.))

Zaulyl watches Nadorhuan for a moment his hand crossbow ready in case she tries to run again. "My sources said that on the night of the Mother's murder Nadorhuan had gone missing and were seen in the Upperdark. They also said that Zhal'essin had also gone missing supposedly to find her spider that had ran off. So how about this. If you don't try and deceive us further, and tell us everything you know, I'm sure we can come to a mutually beneficial agreement."

Diplomacy check to get her to talk
Sense Motives to make sure she isn't lying [roll]1d20+8

sdeligar
2010-06-24, 01:30 PM
((And a roll fail I'm doing good today.))

[roll0]

Savannah
2010-06-24, 01:30 PM
"Stop. Moving." Ysaere's flat voice contradicts the friendly smile on her face.

She crouches down next to Nadorhuan, still smiling sweetly. "Now, why don't you explain where you were taking us, and we might not hurt you. Much." Her smile widens.

Edit: erm, when I was typing this, Zaulyl had not spoken. I think it works out okay with his post, though. (btw, I thought you spoke in red? Ali'c'ea has blue)

Eloi
2010-06-24, 01:34 PM
She turns to Zaulyl "Her spider really did leave, and I took the moment to try to escape, but I was brought back by Zhal'essin forcefully."

She turns back to Ysaere. "I wasn't taking you guys anywhere. I was just using the Innerdark's paths to the surface to escape from here, and I needed a well-armed group to escort me."

OOC: You guys don't have to post your text in any colors at all if you don't want to.

Merrow
2010-06-24, 02:13 PM
Randor looks at the group and then turns to look around himself he find a boulder and sits on it gentley plucking the strings of his lute as he waits to see what goes on.

Occationally looking arounnd to see if any of the paths around him lead down instead of up.

sdeligar
2010-06-24, 04:11 PM
He regards the fake Nadorhuan for a moment. "People saw us leaving with her. Anything happens with her now Zhal'essin and Venochligrr could both try and blame us for her death, turn the house against us. But I might know a way to get proof that Venochligrr murdered the real Nadorhuan. At the party I noticed she had a list of names and dates some of which had been crossed off if my suspicion is right it's a hit list. If I could get a closer look at it we might get the evidence to blame her for the murder and turn the house against her." He looks over to the twins. "Truth be told I would much rather you two end up in charge. But I don't work for free. Even the Matron Mother knew that."

Eloi
2010-06-24, 04:15 PM
"C-can I go now?" she said, back-crawling away. "I'm not even a Drow, see-" she held up the burnt part of her hand, and it was a deep blue, not black. "-I'm a Moon Elf bard, I don't even understand why I'm here. Good luck with your list but I doubt I could help so bye bye." She back-crawled a lot of faster away from the group.

MistressBaerne
2010-06-24, 04:55 PM
"We won't say it again - stop moving. You can stay here 'till we're finished with you, or I can summon something to eat your limbs.

"Now, it's very true that her death would be... unfortunate for us at the moment. I propose we bring her along, on the understanding that we won't kill her out of hand and may release her if she gives us good service."

Merrow
2010-06-24, 05:03 PM
Randor starts to walk around jump down little edges and around the genral area.

"Won't Zhal'essin try to kill her anyway since she now has what she wants and she will get worried if she thinks that the person she using tells everyone else."

Randor disappeares behind a rock for a moment then appeares holding a dark stone, he's looking at it very intently.

"And won't Venoch be interested to see her walking around, alive?"

MistressBaerne
2010-06-24, 09:20 PM
"Let's consider this, hmm... scientifically." Vyerri raises a hand, and begins ticking off points on her fingers.

"Item one: this... person... is a traitor to the race and to us personally. Item two: she has some familiarity with the Innerdark. Item three: we need a guide, and she needs assistance. Seems a fairly straightforward solution to both problems."

<And besides,> she signs, back towards the acid-burned elf <we can always kill her later. Painfully, I should hope.>

Eloi
2010-06-24, 09:54 PM
She stands up and angrily shouts at you. "What is your people's problem? Do drows naturally have sticks up their asses? I mean, whats the point in killing me? None! Absolutely none. If you wish to participate in needless killing, which would anger Zhal'essin, as you would be sabotaging her plan for inheritance, than go ahead. And good luck killing that spider of her's, I doubt you could even if you tried."

Savannah
2010-06-24, 10:12 PM
All traces of a smile are gone from Ysaere's face. "We don't like being betrayed, and angering Zhal'essin is reason in and of itself.

"Now stay put and shut up if you want any chance to get out of this alive."

She turns to Zaulyl. "And what price do you put on your services?"

MistressBaerne
2010-06-24, 10:14 PM
She stands up and angrily shouts at you. "What is your people's problem? Do drows naturally have sticks up their asses? I mean, whats the point in killing me? None! Absolutely none. If you wish to participate in needless killing, which would anger Zhal'essin, as you would be sabotaging her plan for inheritance, than go ahead. And good luck killing that spider of her's, I doubt you could even if you tried."

(Um, I was signing with my back towards her. No way she could have overheard.)

Eloi
2010-06-24, 10:18 PM
(Um, I was signing with my back towards her. No way she could have overheard.)

Oooh, I thought you were using back as a preposition and not a noun.

Nadorhuan lays silently and starts to move backwards with them being distracted.

Savannah
2010-06-24, 10:21 PM
(Edited my post a bit. Ysaere's still got her eye on the elf, however, so she'd better not try anything.)

sdeligar
2010-06-24, 11:22 PM
Zaulyl considers the question without turning his gaze, or crossbow, from the impostor."This is something I would like to see this done as well so, at least for now, a little help covering expenses. With my long time patron now dead I'll be looking for a new one soon. And I give my oath that so long as a goals are the same, or you are paying well, I will not betray you." At the last part he looks both Ali'c'ea and Ysaere in the eyes with complete sincerity.

MikelaC1
2010-06-25, 01:08 PM
ALI'C'EA

last round of acid burn
[roll0]

Tiring of the woman's attempts to squirm away from the party, Ali'c'ea takes out her rope and binds the womans hands together, and then binds her feet for good measure. She keeps a hold on the rope as the party continues to discuss her fate.

So exactly how do we wish to proceed? Bring this person back and reveal her as a fake? Or keep her in seclusion until you looks at Zaulyl can get a look at that list?
As for any deal between us, I can tell you this much, I have no desire to lead the house, most houses are lead by priestesses and thats Ysaere's area of expertise. I just seek arcane mastery.

Merrow
2010-06-25, 01:36 PM
Randor walks over to the edge of a path and drops the stone over the edge and watches it vanish in the darkness.

"Why don't we head further down?"

Eloi
2010-06-25, 02:27 PM
<I'm the only one who knows the way down, and how to read the maps.> Nadorhuan signed.

MikelaC1
2010-06-25, 04:44 PM
Good, then you can stay useful to us...and staying useful AND co-operative is the only way you stay alive

sdeligar
2010-06-25, 08:38 PM
Zaulyl simple shrugs. "Which of you leads is between the two of you. And I agree it would be best to keep her alive. Once we have the evidence to take down Venochligrr then we can help our little slave here return to the surface." He looks at Randor. As for continuing to explorer this place I don't have much of an opinion on the matter. But we should consider that Venochligrr saw us come here. I would be surprised if she has someone trying to follow us."

MistressBaerne
2010-06-25, 09:43 PM
"I concur, on both points - the twins lead, and we should expect an attack at some point."

MikelaC1
2010-06-26, 05:57 PM
ALI'C'EA

Alicea looks to her twin.

Do you wish to explore further...or deal with Venoch right now. You never know what we might find down here to help us, but you never know what 'accidents' might befall us if we tarry

She turns Zaulyl, casually positioning herself so that the fake Nadorhuan cannot see her hands, and signs to him

<Let her return to the surface? Are you going soft on us? Not exactly the attitude I would expect from my captain.>

Savannah
2010-06-26, 06:08 PM
Ysaere

"I am inclined to deal with Venoch, as I suspect that whatever dangers the Innerdark may hold, they will be greatly magnified if we do not deal with her."

Ysaere casually turns so that the fake Nadorhuan can't see her hands either. <Someone needs to keep a close eye on the impostor at all times. We don't want her running off, and we don't want someone to kill her before we are ready to be rid of her.> As she signs, she speaks, "In addition, the sooner we act, the less likely Venoch will realize we are on to her."

sdeligar
2010-06-26, 06:26 PM
Zaulyl had to surprise the urge to grin at the word captain. Him leading soldiers? That was a frightening thought. "I agree. If her people manages to catch us against one of the creatures down here things could go badly for us. Sorry Randor but it looks like we will have to explore later."

Also moving to block Nadorhuans view he starts signing to the twins.<Of course not. If she believes the only way to get home is by helping us for a while longer she is less likely to betray us. After we are done with her someone leads her to a quiet spot near a very deep hole and cut her throat. As for keeping an eye on her we need to be careful Venochligrr may try to finish what she started with the real one.>

Merrow
2010-06-26, 06:38 PM
Randor still looking over the edge.

"Thats a shame maybe another day."

MikelaC1
2010-06-26, 07:36 PM
ALI'C'EA

Alicea gives a tug on the ropes to get Nadorhuan moving.
I tied her legs, yes, but only enough that she could not run, she can still walk

Lets go...whatever your name is. Remember, your only chance to get out of this with your skin in one piece is by continuing to be co-operative. Cease being co-operative, you get another demonstration of just how specialized I have become in the creation of acid. That arrow was only one of my weaker demonstrations.

Savannah
2010-06-29, 01:36 PM
Ysaere

Turning to Zaulyl, "You said that you had sources who reported Nadorhuan missing, and other things. Is there anything else you know of that may be relevant?"

sdeligar
2010-06-29, 01:49 PM
He considers Ysaere's question for a moment before answer. "Only that our imposter, and Zhal'essin were both seen around the time of our Mothers murder. Venochligrr on the other hand seemed to have vanished for the latter half of the night. I also learned she leads a rather notorious gang of murder's, which makes me wonder what exactly it was that earned her adoption in the family. Oh and she has added Randor's name to her hit list."

Eloi
2010-07-04, 03:21 AM
Nadorhuan seem less than pleased about the way she was treated as property, but remained silent.

MikelaC1
2010-07-04, 01:47 PM
ALI'C'EA

Ali'c'ea appears to not care that Nadorhuan was not pleased, seeing as she wasnt Nadorhuan in the first place. She continues to tug her along as they return to the house, making sure that she tugs extra hard at any signs of dawdling.

Merrow
2010-07-06, 10:16 AM
"So do you have a plan or are you just making it up as you go along?"

Randor said to no one but to everyone.

sdeligar
2010-07-11, 09:07 PM
Zaulyl shrugs at Randors question. "Unless Mistress Ali'c'ea or Ysaere have something else in mind I will attempt to collect Venochligrr's hit list and anything else of us. Beyond that I'm up for suggestions."

Savannah
2010-07-11, 10:16 PM
"Copy the list rather than stealing it, if possible. If we know who she plans to attack and she is not aware that we know, we can trap her."

MistressBaerne
2010-07-12, 08:52 AM
"Seconded. But perhaps the operation would be better undertaken by someone with the aid of arcane powers?" With this, Vyerri's form shifts into a perfect likeness of Venochglirr, through no discernible action of her own. "A demonstration, if you will."

sdeligar
2010-07-13, 08:27 PM
Zaulyl nods to Ysaere "Of course. Who knows what other interesting things we may find." He watches Vyerri's transformation for a moment looking her disguise over. "Such a disguise could be very dangerous. If anyone sees two of her walking around we may have a very bad day." He pauses for a moment then nods "However it could be useful. And if you can use magic to duplicate the scroll it would make the work much faster."

MistressBaerne
2010-07-16, 08:48 AM
"I can look like anyone, and given a day to prepare, there's a simple spell that will let me copy anything you like. I don't think this will be too terribly difficult."