PDA

View Full Version : [4e][Race,Feats] Cambions, Cubatic Bloodline

Holocron Coder
2010-06-11, 11:49 AM
My friends and I were idly talking about a post here on the forums and somehow we started stat-ing up a playable 4e Succubus/Incubus race. We didn't get very far beyond the basics, but I started thinking it over while at work over the last couple days and got the following:

Cambion
Far descendants of a race of spies, assassins, and seducers who live a dual status of feared and desired.

RACIAL TRAITS
Average Height: 5'1" - 6'0"
Average Weight: 115 - 200

Ability Scores: +2 Charisma, +2 Constitution or +2 Dexterity
Size: Medium
Speed: 6 squares
Vision: Low-light

Languages: Choice of one language, Common
Skill Bonuses: +2 Bluff, +2 Diplomacy
Personal Charm: At the beginning of each encounter, pick a defense. You gain a +1 racial bonus to that defense for the encounter.
Human Heritage: You can take feats that have human as a prerequisite (as well as those specifically for cambion), as long as you meet any other requirements.
Cubatic Heritage: You can take feats, paragon paths, and epic destinies that have the Cubatic Heritage feat as a prerequisite. Any feats or class abilities that affect the Seductive Kiss power instead affect your Charming Kiss power.
Fire Resistance: You have resist fire 5 + one-half your level.
Charming Kiss: You can use charming kiss as an encounter power.

{table=head]Charming Kiss (Cambion Racial Power)

You place a soft kiss on your opponent and his eyes dilate.

Encounter ◆SPACECharmStandard ActionSPACEMelee touch[b]Target: One creature you have grabbed[b]Attack: Charisma +3 vs. Will

Hit: The target is dazed until the end of your next turn.Level 11: +6 bonus and target is also weakened until the end of your next turn.[br]Level 12: +9 bonus and target is stunned until the end of your next turn.
[/table]

Much like tieflings, with whom cambion share a distant relation, cambion have no lands of their own and instead live among the other races. Unlike their brethren, however, cambion were not the result of a dark bargain. Not in the strictest sense, at any rate. Many mortals fall prey to the devils known as Succubi and Incubi. Sometimes, such a union produces a child. From such children the cambion race was born, over many centuries.

Play a cambion if you want...

to be a hero expert at seduction
to be an unusual outcast, both shunned and desired
to be good at leading others, navigating politics, or using others for your own ends
to be a member of a race that favors the bard, cleric, paladin, and warlock classes

[b]PHYSICAL QUALITIES
Humans encompass the vast majority of the unions that eventually created the cambion race. Thus, it should come as no surprise that cambion resemble humans more than they do any of the other mortal races. A matching pair of bumps, a mortals attempt at the full horns of a devil, grace the forehead of a cambion. On the other end, a long, thin, hairless tail, tipped with a spade grows from the base of a cambion's spine. Their skin and hair follows the range of humans, but extends and tends further towards red.
cambion favor flattering outfits, be it the graceful silks of a noble or the seductive leather of those of a darker persuasion.

PLAYING A CAMBION
(incomplete)

Cambion Characteristics: Stunning, attractive, guileful, aloof, independent, friendly, social

Male Names: Caliban, Merlin

Female Names: (incomplete)

[b]Feats

Heroic Feats

{table=head]Cubatic Heritage [Cubatic Bloodline]

Heroic Tier[b]Prerequisite: Living non-Cambion humanoid race[b]Benefit: You gain seductive kiss as an encounter power. Additionally, you gain a +2 racial bonus to Bluff and Diplomacy checks in dealing with persons who could be considered attracted to a being of your base race and gender.[b]Special: You are considered a devil for the purpose of effects that relate to devils.[br]{table=head][b]Seductive Kiss (Feat Power)

Your enemy's eyes dilate as you place on sensuous kiss on his lips.

Encounter ◆SPACECharm[b]Standard ActionSPACEMelee touch[b]Target: One creature you have grabbed[b]Attack: Charisma +3 vs. Will

Hit: The target is dazed until the end of your next turn.Level 11: +6 bonus and also weakened until the end of your next turn.[br]Level 21: +9 bonus and target is stunned until the end of your next turn.
[/table]
[/table]

{table=head][b]Devil's Eyes [Cubatic Bloodline]

Heroic Tier[b]Prerequisite: Cubatic Heritage feat[b]Benefit: You gain darkvision.
[/table]

{table=head]Cubi Wings [Cubatic Bloodline]

Heroic Tier[b]Prerequisite: 10th level, Cubatic Heritage feat[b]Benefit: You can swap one 10th-level or higher utility power you know for cubi wings.[br]{table=head][b]Cubi Wings (Feat Power)

Leathery wings sprout from your back and lift you into the air.

Daily ◆SPACETransmutation[b]Standard ActionSPACEPersonal

Effect: You gain a fly speed of 6 (hover). This lasts until the end of your next turn.

Sustain Minor: Your cubi wings persist.
[/table]
[/table]

{table=head]Hellish Resistance [Cubatic Bloodline]

Heroic Tier[b]Prerequisite: Cubatic Heritage feat[b]Benefit: You gain resist 5 fire. This increases to resist 10 fire at 11th level, and to resist 15 fire at 21st level.
[/table]

{table=head]Life Draining Kiss [Cubatic Bloodline]

Heroic Tier[b]Prerequisite: 6th level, Cubatic Heritage feat[b]Benefit: Whenever you hit a target with your seductive kiss power, you gain temporary hit points equal to your Charisma modifier. This increases to 5 + Charisma modifier temporary hit points at 16th level, and to 10 + Charisma modifier temporary hit points at 26th level.
[/table]

Paragon Feats

{table=head]Fiery Kiss [Cubatic Bloodline]

Paragon Tier[b]Prerequisite: 11th level, Cubatic Heritage feat[b]Benefit: The target of your Seductive Kiss power takes 1d6 + Charisma modifier fire damage when the effects of the power wears off.[b]Special: At 21st level, the damage increases to 2d6 + Charisma modifier.
[/table]

{table=head]Spontaneous Kiss [Cubatic Bloodline]

Paragon Tier[b]Prerequisite: 11th level, Cubatic Heritage feat[b]Benefit: You can use your seductive kiss power on a target granting you combat advantage without having that target grabbed.
[/table]

{table=head]Soul Draining Kiss [Cubatic Bloodline]

Paragon Tier[b]Prerequisite: 11th level, Cubatic Heritage feat, Life Draining Kiss feat[b]Benefit: Whenever you hit a target with your seductive kiss power, the temporary hit points gained from your Life Draining Kiss feat are instead treated as healing rather than temporary hit points, unless they would bring you over your maximum health, in which case they are still temporary hit points.
[/table]

{table=head]Cubatic Disguise [Cubatic Bloodline]

Paragon Tier[b]Prerequisite: 16th level, Cubatic Heritage feat[b]Benefit: You can swap one 16th-level or higher utility power you know for cubatic disguise. Additionally, the racial skill bonuses you gain from your Cubatic Heritage feat increase to +5.[br]{table=head][b]Cubatic Disguise (Feat Power)

You alter your form to look like another person or a beautiful blending of many people.

Daily ◆SPACEPolymorph[b]Move ActionSPACEPersonal

Effect:You alter your physical form to take on the appearance of any Medium humanoid. You retain your statistics in your new form, and your clothing, armor, and possessions do not change. The new form lasts for a number of rounds equal to your Charisma modifier.[br]Any creature that attempts to see through your ruse makes an Insight check opposed by your Bluff check, and you gain a +5 bonus to your check.

Sustain Minor: Your cubatic disguise persists.
[/table]
[/table]

Epic Tier

{table=head]Mesmerizing Gaze [Cubatic Bloodline]

Epic Tier[b]Prerequisite: 21st level, Cubatic Heritage feat, Spontaneous Kiss feat[b]Benefit: You can use your seductive kiss power as a range 5 touch attack that no longer requires combat advantage.
[/table]

{table=head]Lingering Lust [Cubatic Bloodline]

Epic Tier[b]Prerequisite: 21st level, Cubatic Heritage feat[b]Benefit: The effects of your seductive kiss power have a duration of (save ends) rather than lasting until the end of your next turn.
[/table]

{table=head]Smoldering Kiss [Cubatic Bloodline]

Epic Tier[b]Prerequisite: 21st level, Cubatic Heritage feat, Fiery Kiss feat, Lingering Lust feat[b]Benefit: The target of your seductive kiss power takes fire damage equal to your Charisma modifier whenever they fail a save against the power's effects.
[/table]

Chainsaw Hobbit
2010-06-11, 05:40 PM
You do like your tables don't you. :smallwink:

Deathdarken
2010-06-11, 05:51 PM
they are good to have show me how to do those please I need some more order for my classes

DiscipleofBob
2010-06-11, 09:06 PM
Very, VERY nice. It's obvious you put a lot of time and effort into this race, and I can definitely see a niche for this.

The only thing I'd really suggest is make the stat boosts +2 Charisma, +2 Wisdom or +2 Intelligence. Or something like that. Just because having the choice of an Int bonus opens up a few more classes like Wizard or Swordmage that I'd think this race would be good at.

Also, don't be surprised if I steal this template for my future homebrew races.

Mando Knight
2010-06-11, 09:08 PM
{table=head]Cubi Wings [Cubatic Bloodline]

Heroic Tier<br>Prerequisite: 10th level, Cubatic Heritage feat<br>Benefit: You can swap one 10th-level or higher utility power you know for cubi wings.<br><br>{table=head]Cubi Wings (Feat Power)

Leathery wings sprout from your back and lift you into the air.

Daily ◆SPACETransmutation<br>Standard ActionSPACEPersonal

Effect: You gain a fly speed of 6 (hover). This lasts until the end of your next turn.

Sustain Minor: Your cubi wings persist.
[/table]
[/table]

Yo dawg, I heard you like tables, so I put a table in your table so you can organize while you organize. :smallcool:

Atcote
2010-06-12, 05:25 AM
Looks really good, I may well include this in my next monster campaign.

My only question is why the +2 Wisdom over anything else, like Intelligence? Is this a legacy thing with Cambion?

Holocron Coder
2010-06-13, 12:52 PM
Ha, didn't get to check on this thing since I posted it Friday :smallbiggrin: Glad you guys like it.

Yes, indeed :smallbiggrin: I originally had this written up in a google doc, with complete table formatting... haha

they are good to have show me how to do those please I need some more order for my classes
It's just a matter of using the {table=head] and [br] tags a lot. The coloring is automatic and the rest is just bolding or italicizing.

The only thing I'd really suggest is make the stat boosts +2 Charisma, +2 Wisdom or +2 Intelligence. Or something like that. Just because having the choice of an Int bonus opens up a few more classes like Wizard or Swordmage that I'd think this race would be good at.

Also, don't be surprised if I steal this template for my future homebrew races.
I suppose that's possible. The stats are mostly based off of the current Succubus stats, with Cha highest, followed by Wis and Dex. So, perhaps Wis or Dex?
And feel free to steal :smallamused:

Yo dawg, I heard you like tables, so I put a table in your table so you can organize while you organize. :smallcool:
Lawl :smallbiggrin: I put the powers inside since it looked odd with them sitting amongst the feats. Got confusing.

Looks really good, I may well include this in my next monster campaign.

My only question is why the +2 Wisdom over anything else, like Intelligence? Is this a legacy thing with Cambion?
Feel free :smallsmile: It's what it's here for after all.
And the stats are a port of the Succubus monster stats. Originally I had it listed as a straight +4 Cha, no other ability bonuses, but a friend pointed out that, that was a bad idea.

deathali'helper
2010-06-13, 11:17 PM
Personaly, I think it good, the charisma bonus makes sense, but i would change the wisdom bonus to dexterity, if there deseded from assasins:smallconfused:

Holocron Coder
2010-06-14, 12:29 PM
Changed ability bonus from +2 Wisdom to +2 Wisdom or +2 Dexterity.

DiscipleofBob
2010-06-14, 06:07 PM
I think the big thing to remember with 4e racial stat boosts is to think of them less as literal stat boosts in the traditional 3.5 sense, and more of what classes the race should be good at.

Example: Some people (including myself) look at the class and think it'd be very appropriate as an arcane caster like a Wizard, Swordmage, Warlock etc. so a possible Int bonus would be appropriate to choose from.

Of course, if you don't agree, in the end it's your race and you get to make those kinds of decisions.

On the other hand, arguments could be made for Dexterity (the whole assassin flavor bit) or Constitution (Infernalocks, plus in 3.5 Constitution was the key skill for certain pleasurable activities according to the BoEF).

I guess the main point of this post is just to say that as long as your race succeeds at the classes you want it to be able to succeed at, then it's good.