PDA

View Full Version : Stacking feats

Flail_master
2010-06-11, 01:01 PM
my friend asked me "As a rogue with two-weapon fighting, I'm thinking of multiclassing to ranger. At level 2 ranger, I can gain the two-weapon fighting as a class feat. If i already have the feat, does it stack? in which case i would get improved two weapon fighting at lvl 2 ranger instead of just keeping my current feat."

any clues?

gbprime
2010-06-11, 01:03 PM
If it stacks, it will expressly say so (like Evasion/Improved Evasion does in some PrC's). But if it doesn't say so, then no, it does not stack. If you run into that, ask the DM if you can retrain the duplicate feat into something else.

Flail_master
2010-06-11, 01:05 PM
ok thanks thats fair enough... seems a bit rubbish really, i would imagine it would stack, ah well, we'll talk to the DM

2xMachina
2010-06-11, 01:13 PM
... You do know that you're not supposed to get ITWF until lvl 6+?

Retraining it is as good as stacking, provided you qualify for the ITWF feat (cause you can retrain it to ITWF)

Flail_master
2010-06-11, 01:16 PM
lol didnt, realise, good point indeed :P that helps :P

gbprime
2010-06-11, 03:41 PM
Actually... as a rogue with 2 weapon fighting... multiclass to SWASHBUCKLER. Check the feat "Daring Outlaw" in Complete Scoundrel. You'll be able to stack the two classes for sneak attack damage, and add the swashbuckler's weapon finesse and INT bonus to damage. very capable melee fighter.