PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Saga: Deniable Assets

DCrane1
2010-06-11, 01:50 PM
OOC: Pictures for key NPCs are here at the top of the page. From top the bottom they are: The Handsome Man, The Bothan, and The Grey-Haired Man. Yes, I know that two of them are already fictional characters, just go with it please.

http://sportsmarketingguy.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/don_s2_517x3071.jpg

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070130171230/sw1mush/images/thumb/b/bc/Alien_snp_bothan.jpg/260px-Alien_snp_bothan.jpg

http://www.aliasitalia.it/images/ronrifkin/RON%20RIFKIN.jpg

Narrator (From Ruxith's Perspective)

“Mellow Yellow” is scrawled onto the door of an abandoned building in the Courscant middle city. There’s nothing distinctive about the building, it emerges five stories out of a metal platform, synthetic wood boards cover the windows, and a careless step while lingering around the building could send someone over the guard rail and into a fall they’d die from before they even hit the ground. Even with the ceaseless stream of bodies flowing through Courscant, nobody gives the building a second glance. You however, know better, because you know that the building with “Mellow Yellow” etched into the door is where you are supposed to be at exactly 0800 hours.

Walking up to the door and knocking on the door, you wait the proscribed ten seconds before knocking again. Another ten seconds go by and the door opens, the Sullustan standing on the other side of the door ushers you into the building while keeping one hand inside his black cloak, which surely conceals a blaster of some type. You walk up a flight of surprisingly well-maintained stairs, and open another door leading into a small room. The room is about four hundred and fifty square feet, and a metal folding table and the three folding chairs behind are the only pieces of furniture in the room. Sitting behind the table are three somberly-dressed people you have never seen before. The man on the left is darkly handsome, with a deep scar on his chin doing nothing to detract from his piercing eyes and broad-shouldered physique. He adjusts his necktie as you walk into the room, and motions for you to stand in front of the desk, a gesture that reveals a telltale bulge in his suit that can only be a pistol. To the handsome man's right is a Bothan, attired in the military uniform of an officer in the Bothan army; yet the uniform lacks medals, insignia, or anything that could identify its wearer. The grey-haired man sitting at the right of the table is staring down at his datapad, he looks up and smiles thinly at you from across the table before returning his focus to the datapad. The Sullustan who led you into the room is walking back to the door, and the Bothan tells you, “Just wait a moment and we’ll be joined by some other people.”

After an awkward silence, a protocol droid is led into the room, followed shortly by a thin Twi’Lek whose boots announce his presence before he enters the room. A Miraluka and a pale human are led in together only a few moments later. Once everyone is assembled, the grey-haired man looks up with another thin smile and says, “I’m glad you could all make it, the Republic thanks you for your willingness to serve.” He almost chuckles during the last part of the sentence, but continues speaking with the same thin smile etched onto his face, “Since you don’t know each other, allow me to introduce you. The droid is Zed, he’s a bit peculiar for a droid.” He introduces all of you by name, lingering his gaze on Nat to smirk, as though taunting Nat for the duress he’s under.

Once the introductions are finished, the Bothan places a hologram projector on the table, and an image of a grizzled older Cerean in a tan robe projects above the table. The Bothan speaks with an odd cadence, often stopping mid-sentence and swallowing without an apparent reason, “This was Loren Tanner. He was a former Jedi who had [swallow] disagreements [swallow] with the Order. He roamed the galaxy for a time, and ended up acting as an assets for us rather frequently. That changed two months ago when he was operating on Locanthos Major. What he was doing remains classified well above your clearance levels, but suffice it to say that it was important for the Republic. At some point during [swallow] the mission he went rogue, killing the four of the five other assets he was with until he himself was [swallow] killed by the remaining survivor. An autopsy of Mr. Tanner revealed massive neurological damage, and an unusual item was recovered from his body. He carried a sabbac cards for good luck, one of them had nanite sized circuits imbedded inside.”

The Bothan stops speaking and the hologram changes as the grey-haired man pushes a button on his datapad. The hologram reveals a series of intricate lines criss-crossed with small nodes. The grey-haired man begins speaking, the words crisply rolling off his tongue in a clipped upper-crust accent, “Extensive consultations with the scientific community has shed absolutely no light on this device, other than being able to inform us that it is of unknown, most likely alien, origin. Now, as I am sure the Miraluka will confirm, the circuits also radiate the force, what many of the Jedi simplistically refer to as the ‘Dark Side of the Force.’ Even our assets within the Sith community were unsuccessful in shining any light on this mystery. We were lost, until an old friend of mine contacted me.”

The hologram changes again to show an oceanic planet, dominated by water with the exception of one metropolitan land mass. Writing underneath the hologram identifies the planet as Sibellus, capital planet of the Calixas Alliance. The grey-haired man explains, “As some of you may know, the Calixas Alliance is a loose member of the Galactic Republic. They send senators, military personnel, taxes, and receive the protections of a Republic system, but they are more of an affiliate than a member. They’ve been talking about formal succession ever since the Jedi Civil War ended, but it will never happen and they know it. The Alliance is ruled by an autocratic nobility, with Sibellus being one of the most brutally stratified planets in the galaxy. The place used to make Taris seem egalitarian.”

As the grey-haired man seems to introspect for a moment, Nat Idrall speaks up and says, “Not to be rude, but what the hell does this have to do with anything?”

With his thin smile remaining etched onto his face, the grey-haired man sighs and says, “One of the nobles on Sibellus, Cecilius Calvert IV, a friend of mine from a long time ago, contacted me with news about his niece. It seems one of them has gone missing, and Cecilius sent some men to investigate. The only reliable link they came up with was that his niece had become part of a religious movement known as The Glorious Awakening. The Glorious Awakening uses these things known as harmony meters to check to see if people have too much “Psionic Portent Buildup.” Standard cult fare, except for what was inside one of the meters. The same exact circuitry inside that sabbac card, just on a much bigger scale.”

The grey-haired man pauses and lets the revelation sink in before continuing, “Your task is to go to Sibellus and find out what is going one with The Glorious Awakening. My friend has agreed to let you pose as old friends of his. Your cover is going to be a visiting noble from Ryloth (that will be you Mr. Idrall,) and his entourage. Your false identity as Kip Loorta, the heir to a mining fortune, has been thoroughly created by our people. The rest of you are free to create your own backgrounds as you see fit. There are shielded accounts for you to draw upon if you need money.”

The handsome man, who had been silent until now, stands up suddenly. The other two men at the table hush as he says, “Under no circumstances are you to expose your ties to the Republic. Doing so will result in you being labeled as rogue assets. You'll be leaving on a luxury transport for Sibellus in exactly four hours, so get your belongings and affairs in order. Are there any questions?”

Xyk
2010-06-11, 03:07 PM
((OOC: The third image is broken for me but I get the idea))

Ruxith is excited with the notion of visiting a new planet. His lipless mouth attempts to shape into a grin as he replies:

This will be quite the adventure, won't it? Now, I'm sure you understand some of us may have families to feed, expensive substances to obtain, or even officials to pay off should things go awry while in Sibellus...How exactly do you intend to ensure this goes well?

He winks and glances at the others, trying to make out what kind of people they are.

Heian Naïlo
2010-06-11, 03:37 PM
(OOC: same result with the image, but the concept is clear enough)
Talon is in deep thought regarding the nanites, when he hears "any questions?", the nanites drift from his mind Well from the sounds of it, people are truly at risk. This isn't the kind of thing I can sit back, and watch. I think there's only one thing I really need to ask. "What are we to be using as our mode of transportation?"

Unkabear
2010-06-11, 04:16 PM
Stevn could tell that Corescant was not built for his kind. The city radiated power. And this building stood out among the other buildings around it. He could have found this building if he could not see anything at all. Stevn took the time to memorize the feel of the card, both the force feel as well as the nanite feel. He was not about to let his guard down to where such a thing that could corrupt him take hold.

A luxury transport, so he would be travelling to this place in the same style as he did with the Senator, that was acceptable. Hell, in a crate on a transport would be acceptable if provisioned correctly. Though Stevn began to get a feeling that most of this group was not driven by pride or orders, but coercion. He would have to be cautious.

"Only where we are to embark?"

DCrane1
2010-06-11, 04:39 PM
This will be quite the adventure, won't it? Now, I'm sure you understand some of us may have families to feed, expensive substances to obtain, or even officials to pay off should things go awry while in Sibellus...How exactly do you intend to ensure this goes well?

The gray-haired man motions to the Sullustan who has been standing against the back wall. As the Sullustan moves forward, the gray-haired man takes a credit chip out of an inside pocket in his jacket and places it on the table. He slides it across and says, "This will handle any expenses you run into on Sibellus. It is linked to nigh-unlimited bank accounts. Those of you who are expecting material rewards, you know who you are, and you will be paid handily out of those same bank accounts. However, any unreasonable or frivolous charges will be frowned upon by my superiors and thus, will have rather regrettable consequences for you."

While the gray-haired man was speaking, the Sullustan has placed a small drawstring bag down on the table. The gray-haired man now opens the bag, which is filled to the brim with shining green nova crystals. Smiling as he watches the group's reaction, the gray-haired man explains that, "Many in the more uncivilized districts of Sibellus, the undercity and its denizens, wouldn't dream of accepting republic credits. Therefore, you are being provided with thirty thousand credits worth of nova crystals. In local currency, ten thousand credits is more than a middle-city resident will make in ten years; to say nothing of the barbarians who dwell below."

]What are we to be using as our mode of transportation?

"You'll be taking a large [swallow] yacht called the Pride of Ryloth," says the Bothan, "it's been heavily modified by our people and several weapons system have been installed in case you need [swallow] them. The deflector shields and engines will ensure you can outrun anything you can't outgun."

Only where we are to embark?

"It'll be departing from docking bay 16 at the Wemmick [swallow] Celegar Memorial Shipdocks. The crew is fully aware of your mission and will be fully loyal."

Xyk
2010-06-11, 05:10 PM
((OOC: The image is fixed now, thanks.))

Ruxith's eyes light up at the sight of the chip and sack of shiny rocks. Thoughts raced through his blue, bald head: It wouldn't be too hard to take this chip for myself, and head out to Tatooine or some similar rock. What consequences would come of that? I might make it all the way to Tatooine, but this seems to be a well-connected organization. They must have friends everywhere. That is a bad plan for me, my best bet is to do what they say. I can probably have some fun while I'm there.

I am a talented pilot, I would be happy to drive. Let's go, and we can get to know each other and our abilities on the way.

((OOC: Edit: Hey, it just occurred to me that I have no idea what anyone looks like and it's hard for me to get into character. Could everyone post their species and just copy and paste the physical description from their character sheets? I'll start.

Ruxith Pruo
Species: Duros
A little shorter than normal but with a suave look that gets him plenty lady Duros. He is bald and featureless as most Duros tend to be. His skin in a rare deep blue. He usually does the lipless equivalent of smiling. 1.7m tall, 68 kg, greenish eyes.))

Heian Naïlo
2010-06-11, 05:25 PM
A modified yatch huh? Given the credits they've given us access to, I'm going to guess it's more than space-worthy, but nonetheless I'll make use of my technological training "Well, if you're going to pilot, I'll manage the mechanical aspects of the ship. If there's already someone in charge of that, I'll just discuss the specifics with him, or her."

Z97
2010-06-11, 05:52 PM
The green Twi'lek just glares at the Grey-Haired man during the introductions, before speaking up, “Not to be rude, but what the hell does this have to do with anything?” and being answered. Great, I have to act like a noble, that'll be fun, he thinks sarcastically.

While the others are asking their questions, Nat stays back, content to watch instead of actively participating, just listening with thumbs hooked in his pants pockets. When the Sullustan sets the credit chip and pouch full of nova crystals down on the table however, his eyes light up. "I think I'll take those," He reaches for the drawstring bag and puts it in a secure pocket deep in his jacket. Then the credit chip. "I am the noble around here after all," he says with a mischievous smile. Maybe being Kip Loorta won't be so bad after all.

Nat Idrall
Twi'lek
Nat Idrall has a slight build, but makes up for it with all the baggy clothes he wears. He does this partially to make it harder for security to search him and because he has a lot of things to carry. With a green skin tone he stands out somewhat with all the humans he works with in Republic Intelligence. He usually wears black boots, dark khaki cargo pants, a light blue long-sleeved shirt, and a dark brown unzipped hoodie. He is also carrying a brown backpack, but it's hard to tell whats inside. A head-tail is neatly wrapped around his neck. 6'1, 155 lbs, black eyes.

DCrane1
2010-06-11, 07:14 PM
OOC: Take your time with the questions, just let me know when you're ready to move out by narrating packing up/what you're bringing.

Heian Naïlo
2010-06-11, 07:38 PM
(OOC: I carry my possessions on my person as is)
With all of the information relayed, I make my way toward the docks in order to board and examine the ship. Saying, "I'll see the rest of you when you get there" as I head out.

Talon Stardrifter
Human
Talon's generally light skin tends to be covered with different manners of light burns, dirt, and other kinds of residue from working on machines. He wears his All temperature cloak over a worn shirt and cargo pants. He keeps his comlink clipped to his belt, most of his tool kit in the metal box he bought the tools in (he has since had the tool box modified to be worn over his shoulder), a power pack in his pistol, another in his tool box, his pistol by his side, his Datapad & holorecorder in an extra compartment of his toolbox, and he always wears the welding goggles from his tool kit (never know when your going to need to fix things).

Unkabear
2010-06-11, 09:03 PM
Stevn watches who takes what and nods. With little adu to the others he walks over to a long slim staff which he picks up from the ground and then begins to walk toward the unmarked exit in the back.

Stevn
Mariluka
Stevn looks human, enough. He is not tall, but not overly short. He has a fit build, more martial artist than soldier. He has scruffy brown hair and a goatee that you can see that he has allowed himself while on the Capital Planet but you are not able to see his eyes as they are bandaged up. The bandaging looks to be a crude wrap, but as he lifts the hood of his cloak it is easy to see why, while he does not look destitute he does not look like a soldier or even someone of upper middle class. The hunch that he takes as the staff drifts out before him completes the look of a blind human.

younghan
2010-06-12, 09:00 AM
Zed's droid face gives little indication of his inner thoughts- his inner mechanisms and electronics whir quietly as he takes in the information. He takes a moment to gaze at the nannite circuitry, silently bemoaning his protocol-focused programming as its skeleton tells him nothing. The human mentions something about his mechanical expertise, which Zed files away for later. He activates his vocabulator.

"Repetition: Our destination is said to exhibit signs of significant wealth disparity. Observation: Wealth disparity frequently leads to resentment, uncooperativeness and hostility from the lower classes. Conclusion: If we wish to affect a cohesive investigation, it would be prudent to adopt cover identities in multiple parts of society."

In his "street clothes," Zed avoids suspicion by donning his standard-issue grey protocol droid chassis. It is meticulously average, scuffed as much as one should expect a droid chassis to be scuffed, but protected from suspicious levels of damage.

DCrane1
2010-06-12, 10:00 AM
"Repetition: Our destination is said to exhibit signs of significant wealth disparity. Observation: Wealth disparity frequently leads to resentment, uncooperativeness and hostility from the lower classes. Conclusion: If we wish to affect a cohesive investigation, it would be prudent to adopt cover identities in multiple parts of society."

"You have the freedom to investigate this as you see fit. You would not be here if we were not confident in your ability. Any cover identity the rest of you see fit to take is perfectly acceptable. Only the noble will receive a thorough background investigation. On the ship there will be a man with a cybernetic arm who will introduce himself as Dorian Earnest. With even a day's notice he will create the identities for the rest of you as you instruct him. Sibellus lies in the Middle Rim, so you'll have time to plan and, get to know each other, on board the ship."

The smile lingers on the gray-haired man's face even after he finishes speaking, and you couldn't help but notice that it widened just a tiny bit when he said, "get to know each other."

Xyk
2010-06-12, 01:16 PM
A second name could help just in case I get into some trouble that might follow me around. Perhaps this business is truly as serious as they make it out to be.

Ruxith follows the mechanic out the door.

younghan
2010-06-12, 02:33 PM
"Suggestion: In that case, since the noble has already nabbed most of the gems, we should distribute what remains amongst a few, to form a thin middle class, and the rest shall pose as wretches. I shall accompany the noble, as he is the only 'character' that could afford a droid of my specifications."

Z97
2010-06-12, 03:11 PM
"I'm right here you know," Nat says to the droid, clearly irritated. And I'm going to have to work with it.

"We can get that all set up on the ship anyway. Let's go, don't want to keep our new teammates waiting." He glares at the assembly of agents as he walks by, before slipping out of the door the others went through.

DCrane1
2010-06-14, 01:22 PM
The Wemmick Celegar Memorial Shipdocks are a temple to the only God whose worship transcends any cultural boundaries- Mammon. The Lord of Greed would enjoy the opulent spire which juts out into the crowded Courscant skyline. The entire interior is wood-paneled, the cost of importing and installing that much real wood is more than most Courscant residents will make in their lifetime. The lobby’s high ceiling is dominated by crystal chancellors and rare paintings. A bust of Wemmick Celegar, an industrialist forgotten by most of the galaxy, stands behind a central desk. At the desk is a beautiful blonde dressed in a silken white skirt-suit, flanked by two protocol droids with gleaming gold chassis.

You are greeted when you walk in the door by a rotund and elderly gentleman whose three-piece suit struggles to hold in his bulging gut. With his paunchy face highlighted by a blue bowtie with subtle red dots, the man resembles a fish made human. He smiles in your direction, showing a mouth of gleaming white teeth, and introduces himself as Leonard Vassilov. He kneels before Nat, bowing his head before saying, “Lord Loorta, I am here to escort you to your ship.”

OOC: This assumes you are all entering as a group, if someone would like to enter alone, simply post that and I will post an individual entry synopsis.

Heian Naïlo
2010-06-14, 04:42 PM
Already not thrilled wth the idea that one of the group was supposed to act as and be seen as a noble, the fact that this was to start immediately didn't help. I Sincerely hope this doesn't go to his head. "Alright then, can you just tell me where the ship we're boarding is, so I can get to work?"

younghan
2010-06-14, 05:52 PM
Zed times his entrance at the arrival of Idrall, so that he doesn't attract the notice of sharp-eyed busybodies looking to wonder why a protocol droid would be traveling alone- especially one carrying a bulky looking steel suitcase. He makes a note later to have an internal storage compartment installed for his equipment. He nods cordially at the others, the gesture looking almost too smooth to have been programmed.

Z97
2010-06-14, 06:40 PM
As Nat enters, he couldn't help but notice the blonde sitting behind the desk. Woooooo, look at that hottie. Before he could make his way to her and start introductions however, the elderly man approaches them. Nat, with a somewhat discouraged look on his face, pats Zed on the back, "Yes, would you please show us to the ship?" attempting to sound high and mighty, while getting in-character. He could definitely get used to this, although he was disappointed that he couldn't get the girl's number.

Xyk
2010-06-14, 08:57 PM
Ruxith is a little distracted while entering the dock. This is by a wide margin the most important thing he's accomplished. After much internal deliberation he decides that his fate will be most assured if he does what comes naturally, relaxes, and has fun with it. The mission is just information-gathering and everyone here seems to be well-armed, so life should not be an issue.

He shows a minor annoyance that the Twi Lek was given the leader title. He is not trustworthy.

Unkabear
2010-06-14, 10:43 PM
Stevn follows in, more than a few steps behind the others, he follows the voice of the fishman swinging his staff at shin level bumping and tapping several objects as he enters including his shin. Then standing just slightly off center Stevn held out his hand decisively to the man's right by a span or so. "Simms sir, glad to meet you, happier still to see the stars!"

Right about now I am sorry that I didn't think about getting an R2 droid to use as a seeing eye droid. Can I retcon that? The droid could be pulling my trunk. It would just finish the blind look, when he pretends to be blind.

DCrane1
2010-06-15, 09:19 AM
Simms sir, glad to meet you, happier still to see the stars.

“I am glad to hear that,” Vassilov says in a bland yet friendly tone while quickly moving his hand to shake Sven’s. “If you’ll all just follow me to the turbolift we can make our way to docking bay sixteen and you can be on your way posthaste.”

As you walk towards the turbolift, discreetly tucked away in the back of the lobby, you pass a newsstand manned by another gleaming protocol droid. Rare for cosmopolitan Courscant, everything sold at the newsstand is in Galactic Basic. Some things never change though, and just like in the working-class districts, the scandal sheets outsell their more sedate competitors by at least a three to one margin. As you walk by, an elderly woman is purchasing a tabloid headlined by, “Jedi Knight- More Like Jedi Not: Inside Master Young’s Secret Glitterstim Addiction.”

Once you get to the turbolift, Vassilov pushes a button on the control pad and it starts moving upwards. An oil painting accents the wood paneling, with the painting being a serene landscape of an arboreal forest; possibly the farthest away one could get from the oppressive Courscant cityscape. Animals frolic and play under the sun, but lurking just beyond the hill is a fast approaching speeder of big game hunters. Vassilov notices anyone taking interest in the painting and explains that it is an authentic Balderachi, and symbolizes the fragility of nature and life.

The turbolift opens up into a large hanger bay, and the theme of elegant wood continues, with the floor, walls, and ceiling being covered in rich oaken wood. Even the retractable blast door which the ship is to fly through is constructed with the expensive paneling. The Pride of Ryloth itself sits suspended on a complex system of hydraulic lifts and other engineering marvels comprehensible only by Talon.

“Your ship awaits,” says Vassilov, again kneeling before the supposedly noble Nat Idrall, “My instructions from the crew were to tell you that you should meet with Dorian Earnest as soon as you can to discuss documentation. Is there anything else you need my lord?”

OOC Unkabear: Feel free to get an R2 droid

OOC General: The Pride of Ryloth looks like this

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20081224002704/starwars/images/0/0e/Starscape.jpg

Heian Naïlo
2010-06-15, 10:01 AM
That's not a model I'm familiar with... I walk toward the ship, and immediately begin to inspect the outer workings to get familiar with the ship.

Unkabear
2010-06-15, 12:40 PM
Stevn appreciated the real wood, in a place like this it was nice to see something that wasn't synthetic, of course it spoke of excess and quite possibly illegal dealings, but such things were tolerated when beneficial for those in power.

It bothered Stevn a little, but not enough to let his mind wander beyond the grain of the wood.

When stepping out into the bay Stevn wandered a bit tapping his staff while heading in the wrong direction, while really he was taking in the ship. After a few feet R2D06 whistled and he stopped "Thank you," he said and waited for the dark green and grey bot to roll up to him, a hand grip lifted from the droid who then led "Simms" toward the luxury ship.

Z97
2010-06-15, 01:02 PM
"No, I think that will be all. Thank you." Nat says to Vassilov, comfortably slipping into the mindset of a noble. "Although I have one question, where can we find this Dorian?"

Xyk
2010-06-15, 01:52 PM
Ha! Living in luxury I see. You guys weren't kidding when you said it was a yacht.

Ruxith can't help but marvel at the ship. It's really cool. Then he remembers how envious he is of the tail-head's position when he talks. Ruxith lets it pass because he knows he gets to drive this baby.

He'll follow the others to Dorian when they leave. Secretly, he mocks Dorian's name. Why not Phrygian? Or Lydian, Mixolydian, Locrian, Ionian? What kind of parents name him after a musical scale? Unless he's merely the second in command around here and his codename is Dorian because it is the second scale. Note to self: look into it.

DCrane1
2010-06-15, 03:33 PM
That's not a model I'm familiar with... I walk toward the ship, and immediately begin to inspect the outer workings to get familiar with the ship.

As you examine the outside of the ship, it becomes clear that this is a ship heavily modified from its stock configuration. The exterior hull of the yacht has been reinforced with thick durasteel plating wielded onto the once sleek hull. Even if the shield generators go down, the Pride of Ryloth will be able to withstand enemy fire. A battery of laser cannons is mounted on each wing of the yacht, but as the gangplank drops down with the hiss of hydraulics, you cannot help but think that there must be more weaponry concealed inside the hull.

Everyone

As you walk into the ship, the oaken faux-antiquity of the Wemmick Celegar Memorial Shipdocks vanishes. The room you enter into is a sleek paragon of engineering. The ceilings are at a comfortable height, a welcome change from the cramped quarters of most starships. The interior decor of the ship's foyer is a dark metallic color, tastefully complimented by authentic knicknacks designed to evoke the home of a wealthy Twi'Lek. Nat is recognizes all of the items, but remembers that his family could never afford anything like them.

Two people are waiting to greet you, a short Rodian wearing a white turtleneck and a human in his thirties fighting five o'clock shadow. A protocol droid stands inconspicuously behind them. The human's obvious cybernetic arm brands him as Dorian Earnest, the man you are supposed to talk with in order to forge a cover identity.

The Rodian explains that you can call him Tito, and that he will be captaining the ship. The other twelve crew members have been hired for one voyage and are unaware of who they are transporting. If you have any questions about the ship, he will be happy to answer them, and if one of you wants to pilot the ship out of Courscant, you are more than welcome to do so. If not, the protocol droid will show you to your quarters.

OOC: Pictures of Tito and Dorian are below.

http://www.jediknightii.net/graphx/characters/ch_rodian.jpg

http://www.independent.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00108/John-Reed-PA_108944t.jpg

Heian Naïlo
2010-06-17, 04:27 PM
"Yes, who is in charge of repairs and maintenance? I would like to ask them about some deign specifications."

Xyk
2010-06-17, 05:36 PM
Ruxith has little interest in either of these people. They seem stuffy and official as much as the guys in the other room. However the ship is luxury. If he were to explain luxury to an infant, he would describe this ship. He recognizes some of the little items from his exploits on Ryloth which involved, (coincidentally), the impersonation of a noble. That was a fun party. But he really wants to try out this ship's improved engines.

Yes, "cap'n" I'll be piloting the ship, you can go do whatever.

A twitch escapes his long blue finger to indicate his excitement.

Z97
2010-06-17, 06:36 PM
Nat approaches Dorian and says, "I'm supposed to talk to you about documentation... the sooner we get that done the better."

DCrane1
2010-06-17, 07:37 PM
"Yes, who is in charge of repairs and maintenance? I would like to ask them about some design specifications."

Tito's face lights up as Talon mentions design specification. "I can answer any questions you've got," the Rodian says with a grin. She's a hell of a ship isn't she, we gutted everything but the interior and rebuilt her from scratch. The deflector shields on this baby are beyond the cutting edge, they're marvelous, better than what you'd get on a Hammerhead with less than a third of the power consumption. Plus, we've done some amazing things with the targeting suite..."

The childlike excitement that Tito talks about the ship with is a far cry from the sedate Rodian you saw just a moment ago, and he continues speaking at a breakneck speed until Ruxith finally cuts him off with the request to pilot. Tito quickly tells him that to just follow the signs to the cockpit and take the controls. As soon as Ruxith is sent to the cockpit, Tito continues his excited conversation about the starship.

OOC: The stats for the ship are a modified version of the Starscape-class yacht on page 222 of the KOTOR sourcebook, and will be found in the OOC thread which will be up tomorrow afternoon.

Nat approaches Dorian and says, "I'm supposed to talk to you about documentation... the sooner we get that done the better."

Dorian waives Nat into the next room, and hands him a small electronic tablet, saying "The upper levels of Sibellus City, the only settlement on the planet, have a heavy security presence. All off-worlders, even nobles like you're going to be, have to carry an electronic identity tablet which can be read electronically from a distance by the city police force. You will be stopped and detained if you don't have it, so keep it with you at all times."

Pausing for a second to see if you have any questions, Dorian next explains that the tablets can be used as tracking devices, but that yours can be disabled if you push down on the screen with both hands for five seconds. Doing so will make the tablet scan irregularly, but only a particularly cagey police officer would notice the irregularity.

"This is all the documentation you should need, but it's important you familarize yourself with the background we created for you. If anyone checks out Kip Loorta, they'll discover easily accessible public information on the holonet. Namely, that you are the fifth son of Ryloth mining baron Yorn Loorta. They'll find a minor criminal record detailing a reckless youth, as well as a fluff piece published by a minor news agency detailing your substance abuse turnaround and current philanthropic efforts. You know Cecilius Calvert through his daughter, who you met at a benefit for displaced survivors of the Taris bombardment."

Dorian then hands you a datapad and tells you, "This is information on Sibellus. Customs, demographics, geography, things like that. I'll distribute copies to the whole group, and you should take time to familiarize yourself with it." With that, Dorian turns sharply, a giveaway of military service at some point in the man's life, and walks out of the room.

OOC: Basic information about Sibellus will be on the OOC thread as well, this way you won't have to make knowledge checks to know basic stuff, as you've been briefed on it.

Heian Naïlo
2010-06-17, 07:57 PM
"It is truly an amazing ship, I only took a quick look at the outside, but I noticed you reinforced the hull with durasteel and that there appeared to be weapons emplaced in the hull. My first question is: how thick is the durasteel you've added to the hull? My second is: what kind of weaponry is concealed in the hull?"

Z97
2010-06-18, 03:30 PM
Nat nods slowly in understanding while Dorian explains what the small tablet does, quietly putting it in a pocket in his pants. Damn, a government that tracks its own people. Why would anyone agree to that? As Dorian gives the brief overview of Kip Loorta's background, Nat recollects his own past and how similar it could have been, if he didn't get in to slicing. He takes the datapad with info on Sibellus. "I'll do that." He exits the room shortly after Dorian.

Unkabear
2010-06-18, 09:33 PM
Stevn lets R2D06 lead him into the ship where he found his quarters and began to unpack the basics. He took off his cloak and laid it on the bed while getting dressed into more regular clothing.

He checked his combat suit to make sure that it had survived the travel, it was his third inspection since getting to Coruscant. A blind beggar or hanger on would draw suspicion, and a known body guard would not. Perhaps a blind council or retinue (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Retinue) might suffice. Though he was not sure how Nat would take to him as a council, especially one so young.

Perhaps he would have Dorian create him multiple identities, it may not be worth the trouble, but then again, it may be a needed advantage.

Stevn shook his head. "Rex, how did we get into this?" he said to the droid whose sole purpose was to allay suspicion.

younghan
2010-06-19, 03:44 PM
"Supposition: Our predecessors, working in a capacity similar to ours, should also have been armed with the same identification-scrambling capabilities. Resulting Inquiry: Are there any available records of the location or timing of their use of this identity-scrambling? This might help us track their footsteps, including where they may have encountered members of The Glorious Awakening."

DCrane1
2010-06-20, 06:25 PM
"Supposition: Our predecessors, working in a capacity similar to ours, should also have been armed with the same identification-scrambling capabilities. Resulting Inquiry: Are there any available records of the location or timing of their use of this identity-scrambling? This might help us track their footsteps, including where they may have encountered members of The Glorious Awakening."

Dorian appears startled by Zed's question, replying after an awkward pause, "You'll have to ask Cecilius when we land. The original investigators were his men, and I don't have any information other than what you were briefed with. The Glorious Awakening is pretty much all throughout the Upper City, it's become a major fad with the nobles, spread like wildfire since it came on the scene two years ago. Stupid sheep, those idle rich will follow anybody with a silver tongue. It's led by a man named Carlton Shoals, which we're pretty sure is a fake identity, the details don't check out."

Shaking his head, Dorian continues, "We can't trace where the money comes from or goes to, but millions of credits are funneled in and out of the Glorious Awakening every month. That means it's probably a front for somebody, just don't know who."

"It is truly an amazing ship, I only took a quick look at the outside, but I noticed you reinforced the hull with durasteel and that there appeared to be weapons emplaced in the hull. My first question is: how thick is the durasteel you've added to the hull? My second is: what kind of weaponry is concealed in the hull?"

In an eager but long-winded explanation, Tito explains the hull has been reinforced by twenty percent of its original plating, plus two proton torpedo launchers were added along with a laser flak system. The laser flak launches a nonstop barrage of weak laser fire in random patterns around the ship. Basically, it's a disaster for any starfighter trying to strafe the Pride of Ryloth.

OOC: The OOC thread has been launched, please transfer your character or a link to their stats. It also contains background on the Calixas Alliance and Sibellus, as well as the stats for the Pride of Ryloth. Those of you who want to actively craft your fake identity for the mission just post what you want.

Heian Naïlo
2010-06-20, 08:05 PM
"Impressive, this ship won't lose a fight." Making mental notes on the design and outfitting of the ship, I ask my next question, "What kind of hyperdrive, and engines are we flying with?"

OOC: For the identities, are we posting in this thread, or in the OOC thread?

DCrane1
2010-06-20, 08:31 PM
"Impressive, this ship won't lose a fight." Making mental notes on the design and outfitting of the ship, I ask my next question, "What kind of hyperdrive, and engines are we flying with?"

OOC: For the identities, are we posting in this thread, or in the OOC thread?

"We've got a class one hyperdrive, cutting edge from Hyrotii Engineering. I hope you're not one of those fanboys for the Big Three that think anything not made in the Core is junk, because let me tell you, this baby is better than anything the CEC puts out. She's got fantastic energy efficiency, and if you reroute the flux capacitor with the Sullivan Bypass, you can get her down to almost two-thirds of her base power consumption."

Pausing for a moment to see your reaction, and pleased when you nod in approval of the hyperdrive, Tito continues, "Sublight we're running a bit weak, I've been submitting requisition forms for one of those new Czerka 9.0 drive cores, but they've been languishing on some paper-pushers desk for months. The engines are the stock models from Eleanor Propulsion, they're good but nothing special, plus if we got the Czerka 9.0 I could get enough reactor power to put another two cannons in the flak system."

OOC: Character sheets go in the OOC thread please.

Z97
2010-06-20, 10:42 PM
Nat leans on a nearby bulkhead, halfheartedly listening to the back and forth conversation between Talon and Tito about this very fascinating ship. A laser flak system, proton torpedo launchers, reinforced bulkheads, a class one hyperdrive and soon to be some Czerka 9.0 drive cores! Damn, this thing is cutting edge. "Excepting trouble, Tito?"

DCrane1
2010-06-21, 06:07 PM
Nat leans on a nearby bulkhead, halfheartedly listening to the back and forth conversation between Talon and Tito about this very fascinating ship. A laser flak system, proton torpedo launchers, reinforced bulkheads, a class one hyperdrive and soon to be some Czerka 9.0 drive cores! Damn, this thing is cutting edge. "Excepting trouble, Tito?"

"Nah, not on this one anyway. I mean, we're just ferrying you guys around, should be an easy mission and easier credits for the hired hands. Last time we used this thing wasn't so easy. No sir, we had to make a shooting exit from an Interdictor's gravity well. But I can't really get into details, least not for twenty years."

Tito returns to discussing the intricacies of ship engineering with Talon, ranting about the genius new starfighter prototype released by General Spacetronics, and how stupid the Republic was not to option the design. Tito is almost screaming by the time he says, "If that was released by any of the big firms, it would be called genius; but because GS makes mostly civilian craft, they say it isn't heavily shielded enough. It's a freaking interceptor! It doesn't need good shields if used in a fighter screen!"

While Tito is enjoying his one-sided conversation, a pleasant voice announces, first in Ryl, then basic, "We are entering hyperspace, destination, Sibellus." As the voice finishes speaking, the ship rumbles and you make the jump to lightspeed.

OOC: Before you land at Sibellus, anyone who doesn't want to be part of "Kip Loorta's" entourage, needs to speak with Dorian about an alternate cover identity.

Unkabear
2010-06-21, 07:02 PM
Just after the ship goes into Hyperspace Stevn tracks Nat down. "So, how do you think we should go about this?" he began finding a comfortable place to sit. "Personally I could go either body guard or council assigned by family, we just need to nail it down before we drop hyperspace."

Heian Naïlo
2010-06-21, 07:14 PM
With inspiration from the Pride of Ryloth, Talon finishes his mental notes, and begins thinking up designs for the first ship he's planning to build down the road. "Well, your ship is truly a work of art I hope that my first design is ecen half as impressive. By the way, does the ship have holonet access? I want to check something before I talk with dorian about a cover identity."

DCrane1
2010-06-21, 07:29 PM
With inspiration from the Pride of Ryloth, Talon finishes his mental notes, and begins thinking up designs for the first ship he's planning to build down the road. "Well, your ship is truly a work of art I hope that my first design is ecen half as impressive. By the way, does the ship have holonet access? I want to check something before I talk with dorian about a cover identity."

"All of the staterooms, as well as the media room have full holonet access. It's one of the things that sucks power like a newborn."

With that odd metaphor, Tito shows you to your stateroom. The two-room guest quarters consists of a bedroom with a holonet terminal, and an individual bathroom. A tasteful painting of a Ryloth landscape adorns the room, along with a cooling unit filled with a variety of spirits and tonics.

Heian Naïlo
2010-06-21, 08:44 PM
Now in his room, Talon records the prototype design and notes into his datapad, and then looks into information regarding the engineer he studied under, Oraltor Irien, and the other nine students that studied with him.

Z97
2010-06-21, 08:50 PM
Thinking out loud, Nat says to Stevn, "Why not both? You could pose as an adviser, no one will think you're a force-user unless they sense you or something. The droid the could also be an adviser...or a type of servant? Ruxith could pose as my eccentric best friend..."

Nat sighs, rubbing his temples, "I don't know. Ultimately they can pick whatever they want. I think it'd be better though, if we all sat down together and think about it as a group."

Xyk
2010-06-21, 10:28 PM
Ruxith is busy in the cockpit, not really listening to any of the conversation. He is busy admiring all of the shiny buttons and dials and gauges. He presses a few at random before he decides to take off. He checks his course and decides to startle the crew and everybody. He releases his grip on the ground as slowly and carefully as possible. He looks for an intercom system.

If he finds one: Good morning, everybody, we will be taking off, make sure you are braced as there will be some turbulence exiting the atmosphere.
If he doesn't: BRACE YOURSELVES!

After 15 seconds, he shoots out of the dock at high speeds and heads upward.

Unkabear
2010-06-21, 10:55 PM
"Usually I would wear a different garb for each, the visored helmet hides the fact that my eyes don't tract. But I can pull out my semi formals and act as an advisor, it would allow me to bring the droid...my droid with us wherever we go." Stevn says nodding.

"We should all sit down and get our stories straight, it would benefit us if we understood each others strengths as well as solidify our cover story. As much as it would grate, perhaps we should begin to act the part while still in Hyperspace so that it becomes more natural when the stakes are higher."

younghan
2010-06-22, 07:18 AM
Zed nods. "Affirmation: As Stevn's property I would be allowed more activity under less scrutiny than I might be allowed under a semi-renowned noble. There are numerous less obscure models of protocol droid that utilize the same chassis as mine- I recommend the RU4-GED series."

Unkabear
2010-06-22, 12:33 PM
Stevn nods. "Good model to use, the market was flooded with those a few years back. Though my model seems to wander after a memory wipe, which happened just before we left Corescant." Stevn said with mock frustration shaking his head.

"I will have Dorian draw me up documents for Raeginald Simms, or Simms for short. Simms is accompanying Kip as a Cultural Advisor, otherwise known throughout the Galaxy as a glorified baby sitter. To make sure that you do not get into trouble and disgrace the family, being blind only means that I am not able to witness something and sell it to the holonets. And this is my Protocol Droid, just in case we actually need Cultural Advising."

"Now I want you to know Kip" You could tell that Stevn was beginning to get used to calling Nat by his alias "Though my eyes do not work" he said unrapping them so that the others could see the milky white orbs of Stevn's eyes, "I am not blind. I see by the force, I see energy, both from the living and artificial, this is why I was attached to the Senator, it is a valuable tool to look at a room and sweep for bugs without the use of technology. And though I am not a soldier or a Jedi, I am not unskilled in the ways of combat and the Force."

Z97
2010-06-22, 05:39 PM
"Well Simms, I don't think I would want anyone else being my Cultural Adviser," Nat says with a big grin on his face.

Xyk
2010-06-22, 05:48 PM
Ruxith sets the auto pilot as soon as the course is set and the atmosphere is breached. He walks into the room where everyone has gathered in time to hear the plans.

Good, you have already started discussing strengths. Simms, a cultural advisor is a good plan, you will have to accompany Kip wherever he goes. We want to stick together as much as possible. However, your "blindness" is a flaw here. If we could make some sort of lenses to put over your eyes to give them the appearance of sight, that would aid us greatly and we would have no need for such an excuse. Talon and I will work on that when we are done here. The droid's position as a protocol droid for Simms is just fine, droids can go wherever they please as long as they are accompanied with little to no suspicion. Talon can as a personal assistant for manual tasks. That will arouse no suspicion. I could pose as a trusted friend and translator due to my extensive collection of languages. What language do they speak on the planet? Am I forgetting anybody?

Rolls:
Knowledge (bureaucracy) to make sure all of these people are typical for Kip to have- [roll0]

Heian Naïlo
2010-06-22, 10:00 PM
Talon stops checking if anyone he knows is on Sibellus, and enters the room the others are conversing in.

"I have looked into certain factors, and since I am uncertain of the current whereabouts of anyone; I believe my best assumable identity is that myself. If anyone runs a holonet sweep for information on me, they won't see anything suspicious, the information in holonet will also explain my mechanical apptitude, and given the amount of technology the nobles are likely to possess they will probably need someone to fix it. All in all, there are several advantages.

Talon looks at Zed, passively noting his systems and attempting to determine the degree and model of the droid. After which he continues, "is there anything any of you need help with?"

younghan
2010-06-22, 10:32 PM
Zed listens intently as his fellows debate their next plan of action. He turns his faintly illuminated eyes from speaker to speaker. "Suggestion: If we attempt to cover Master Simms's blindness, we run the risk of our ruse being discovered, which will arouse more suspicion than the presence of one of his people." At Talon's suggestion, he bows slightly. "Diagnostic: I appreciate your generosity- for now, my systems seem to be running smoothly. I will approach you if this changes- you must be very talented to have been brought on this mission, after all."

Xyk
2010-06-22, 11:25 PM
Ruxith dislikes being disagreed with, but it's just a droid, so it can be excused.

I had considered that, but I also considered that few if anybody on this planet has heard of a Miraluka. Seeing him would just be seeing a blind man to any local. Now from a local's perspective, a cultural advisor is probably a synonym for assistant. What wealthy noble would hire a blind assistant when sighted ones are so available? Simply put, it draws attention. I can trust both the surgical skills I possess and the mechanical of Talon to make believable eyes. Of course, Simms, you will have to avoid direct eye contact when convenient, but I doubt it will be much of a problem. If worst comes to fruition, Simms is simply an old friend of Kip's and embarrassed by his blindness, so Kip gave him a job and some lenses. The best decision, though, is to avoid attention entirely.

younghan
2010-06-23, 07:07 AM
Zed bows humbly. When he speaks, his voice is as smooth as polished chrome. "Of course, I did not mean to imply that either your or Talon's skills were insufficient. I was unaware that the Miraluka were such a rarity on this world- I suppose life on cosmopolitan Coruscant has spoiled me."

DCrane1
2010-06-23, 01:53 PM
Now in his room, Talon records the prototype design and notes into his datapad, and then looks into information regarding the engineer he studied under, Oraltor Irien, and the other nine students that studied with him.

Searching the holonet for information has always been easy for Talon’s technical mind, and he uncovers a wealth of information about Oraltor Irien in short order. Since his stint as Director of Mechanical Engineering at the Telos Restoration Project, Dr. Irien has become a creative director at Core Galaxy Systems, although he is currently on leave advising the government of Rodia. Four of your fellow students followed Dr. Irien to Core Galaxy Systems, although it’s unclear if any of them accompanied him to advise the Rodian government. Another two of the students remained on Citadel Station working for the Restoration Project, while the unimpressive but amiable Lonin Harnish has taken a job working at his father’s droid manufacturing company. Surprisingly, no information can be found about the top student, the brilliant Givin named Sialer Alarin. When the year was over, you knew he was getting job offers from every major engineering firm, but he doesn’t seem to have taken any of them. The other mystery is Nant Ryss, although with her glitterstim addiction, you wouldn’t be surprised if she was dead in a gutter somewhere.

During your search for information, you can’t help but read the important news bulletins scattered throughout the holonet. The big news story of the day, if you can really call it news, is the engagement of Nathalie Keating, a holovid starlet to a Chandrilan industrialist twice her age. The unflattering picture of the two that accompanies the article shows the two at the beach, the beautiful Nathalie looking ravishing in a tasteful bikini, and the aging businessman looking jowly and overweight in his bathing suit.

Relegated to a second-tier news story by the engagement, is the continuing civil unrest on Manaan, as clashes between radical isolationists and the elected government entered their fourth week, with rioting in the underwater settlements severely disrupting kolto production, sending prices skyrocketing.

Ruxith

Skimming through the information about Sibellus on the datapad you were given by Dorian, it is clear that nobles have individualistic entourages, often designed to make a statement about themselves in some way, but a central rule for their formation doesn’t exist other than an obvious desire to avoid uncouth or “poor” people.

Heian Naïlo
2010-06-23, 03:35 PM
So then, there's less than 50% chance that I end up running into one of them. Well, that probably won't pose too much of a risk. Nant would probably be preoccupied feeding her addiction, and Sialer feeding his curiosity.
Talon turns to Ruxith.
Given the circumstances Simms' "blindness" could be an asset, and as you suggested Kip could have hired Simms due to their friendship.

DCrane1
2010-06-25, 11:17 AM
The journey from Courscant to Sibellus was a pleasant one, the luxurious comforts of the Pride of Ryloth turned space travel from a cramped chore to a relaxing pleasure.

As you drop out of hyperspace on an approach vector to Sibellus, the ship's crew busily readies the Pride of Ryloth for reentry, no easy task on a ship the size of this one. The traffic around Sibellus, while nowhere near as intense as Courscant's, lights up the ship's sensor array with a motley array of freighters, one-man starships, and other luxury yachts.

OOC: Just to be sure we're on the same page, everyone is going to be part of "Kip Loorta's" entourage, with Stevn being "Simms" the cultural advisor, Zed being a simple protocol droid, Ruxith being a generic "hanger on" and Talon being himself, as a mechanical adviser/fix-it man.

Heian Naïlo
2010-06-25, 12:08 PM
As The Pride of Ryloth enters the atmosphere, Talon prepares for the landing.

DCrane1
2010-06-26, 01:44 PM
OOC Pictures: The pictures are of A.W. Warren, and Julia Calvert and her servant.

http://www.neilgavin.com/Images/Personal/01.jpg

http://www3.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Australians+Films+2009+Breakthrough+Awards+W2da5Ji N3rBl.jpg

As the Pride of Ryloth successfully reenters the atmosphere, Sibellus City looms before you. A vast structure, thrusting out of the watery planet, the top layers of the city are formed of ornately carved stonework. From your aerial view, you see the innumerable styles of architecture that have built up over countless years. Immediately below you, a series of granite cliffs mark the western edge of the city, which borders the wildly churning sea.

Your yacht docks on the uppermost level of a spire thrusting out from the city. As you depart the ship, you are greeted by an elderly man in the twilight of his life. His shock of gray hair frames deep sunken eyes, and the wind at such high altitudes buffets him with such severity he is forced to keep one hand on his suit jacket to prevent it from being torn off his body. He hurriedly ushers you towards a turbo lift, shouting over the wind that, "Master Calvert will meet you at his manor. Follow me!"

Once you enter the turbolift, the man introduces himself as A.W. Warren, a member of Calvert livery. He kneels before “Kip Lorta,” saying, “I am humbly at your service.” Rising to his feet with visible strain on his aging bones, Warren explains that the youngest daughter of the Calvert household, Julia Calvert will also be escorting you to the manor, and that she awaits you at the spaceport lobby.

As the turbolift reaches the lobby of the spaceport, which is decorated in the same luxurious fashion as the one you departed from on Courscant, an elegant woman in a black dress rushes across the lobby to greet you, throwing her arms around “Kip Loorta” with a squeal and a “welcome to Sibellus old friend.” She motions to an attractive servant casually dressed in a black shirt, blue jeans, and combat boots far too expensive to actually be used for combat. The servant gives you all a parcel containing a black trenchcoat. Julia giggles and says, “It’s raining hard out and we wouldn’t want you to get wet.”

Walking outside with Mr. Warren and the other servant holding umbrellas for you, Julia asks, “So, how was your journey?” The landspeeder is only a brief stroll away from the spaceport, and the massive luxury vehicle easily holds all eight of you. The drive to the Calvert manor passes with small talk, and you soon pull up to a massive estate. The gigantic yard is easily fifty acres in total, and only the looming skyline reminds you that you’re in a city. As the doors automatically open, you walk into the foyer with Julia and Mr. Warren. The black-shirted servant remains with the car. The foyer is richly decorated with artwork and busts of now deceased Calverts. Julia tells you to, “Make yourself comfortable while I get father and we have proper introductions.”

As you wait for Cecilus Calvert, what do you do?

OOC: Feel free to interject behavior at any point during this narrative (i.e. in the turbolift or the lobby or the landspeeder,) I’ll just retroactively work it into the next post.

Heian Naïlo
2010-06-26, 02:27 PM
As Talon steps off of the ship, his focus completely shifts. From this moment forward, infiltrating the cult is all that matters. Talon let's Kip and Julia "catch up" as he tries to be as observant as he can, and makes mental notes of anything unusual he sees.

DCrane1
2010-06-27, 09:55 PM
Picture of Cecilus Calvert IV (ignore the basketball please): http://www.esquire.com/cm/esquire/images/03/the-powerhouse-0310-lg.jpg

A few minutes pass in the foyer with an awkward silence, nobody knowing what to say. Only a few days ago you were total strangers living radically different lifestyles, and now you're on a foreign planet trying to discover information about a seemingly dangerous cult. The foyer of the Calvert mansion is impressive, with the ceiling dominated by a protean light show, the tiles slowly changing from one muted hue to another. Just as you begin to get comfortable in the high-backed chairs you're sitting in at the back of the foyer, a door opens and Julia and Cecilus Calvert enter. As he walks into the foyer, Cecilus booms, “Greetings to the great Kip Loorta.” Then he laughs, adding, “You pull off nobility rather well, got old Mr. Warren completely fooled. Can you get a drink?” From the rather slurred sound of his voice, it’s clear Cecilus has already had more than a few himself. Anyone who takes Cecilus up on his liquor offer is poured a glass of Wyren’s Reserve whiskey by a serving droid who followed behind the nobleman.

A broad-shouldered man, Cecilus Calvert IV retains the erect posture and immaculately shined oxfords drilled into him during his tour of duty in the Calixas Navy. Only his age and facial hair identify him as a civilian, although his eyes are a bit glassy and bloodshot. Introductions are quick, as Cecilus makes it clear he doesn’t need or want to know anything about anyone other than a name. As the serving droid pours Cecilus another glass of whiskey, he starts to speak in a deep yet soft voice that almost forces one to listen.

“My niece, Saia, was always a good girl. I took responsibility for her following her father’s death and my sister’s.... bad behavior. Saia was always easy to manage, unlike others here (shooting a glance at his daughter,) and she never gave anyone any trouble. Dated a few boys, all of them good boys. Then she comes back from university and she’s part of this Glorious Awakening bull*hit. I didn’t think anything of it, I mean, Julia went to a few meetings and found it, what did you say dear?”

“Dreadfully boring and an obvious scam, but harmless,” Julia chimes in.

“Exactly. So I didn’t think anything of it. Well Saia gave some money to them without me knowing about it. When I found out, we had a row and she ran off. I figured she’d be back the next day, and she was, but just a few weeks later she was spending the weekend at the apartment she had in the Lorent District, and she just vanished. No sign of a struggle or anything. None of her friends knew what happened or where she’d gone. Once it became clear that the Magistarium, that’s our law enforcement, didn’t have the faintest clue where she was, I tasked a man to look into it. I don’t know how he did it, and my lawyers tell me I don’t want to know how he did it, but he believes that The Glorious Awakening kidnapped or murdered my Saia. I passed on some of the stuff he found to your bosses, and now they’ve sent you. That’s the whole story.”

After a brief pause to swirl and drink his whiskey, Cecilus continues, “But you probably already knew all that. What I can do for you is twofold, I can set up a meeting with my man, he can tell you things that I don’t want him telling me. Also, a friend of mine is having a party tomorrow night and a high-ranking member of The Glorious Awakening will be there, Jack Hardy. I can bring two guests. I’m sure people of your resources could detain him and convince him to be cooperative. I can set up the meeting with my man as early as tomorrow night. For the near future, you’ll have the run of my guest house. I’ve taken the liberty of clearing it of droids and servants. Any questions?”

OOC: I know the beginning of the adventure has been a bit slow, but we've gotten through most of the exposition and should be starting the intrigue/action shortly.

Xyk
2010-06-27, 10:45 PM
Ruxith prefers to be in control of the goings-on around him. He dislikes that his basic plan of attack is already given to him, but it is also nice to have a first step. We cannot just kidnap him.

Excellent, this party should be a perfect opportunity. I seem to have accidentally sidetracked our previous discussion of strengths. I am an accomplished surgeon, cybernetic and otherwise. I have extensive knowledge of tactics, physics and bureaucracy as well as piloting. I have been told I possess a silver tongue and an extraordinary knack for getting in and out of trouble.

Heian Naïlo
2010-06-27, 11:34 PM
When Julia makes her comment, Talon can't help but think Harmless? Yeah those nanites screamed harmless... After giving a bit of thought Talon responds Would it be possible, if it is not already so, to meet with your man before the party? He turns to the rest of the group I believe we have a lot to consider for preparations, firstly we need to decide which two of us will be attending.

Z97
2010-06-28, 02:19 AM
"Why, I'd be honored," Nat says politely, when offered a glass of sweet, sweet, whiskey. Quietly sipping while Calvert recounts his tale, he can't help but wonder... How do cults get started anyway? Pondering this thought, Nat quickly snaps back to attention when he hears 'bad behavior', thinking they're talking about his past as a smuggler and data thief, and is visibly relieved when he hears they are not. Damn whiskey. He continues to drink anyway.

Listening to the rest without his mind wandering, Nat speaks up with Talon's comment in mind, while swirling his whiskey, "Who do you think should come with you Calvert? Would it look out of place if I didn't tag along?"

DCrane1
2010-06-28, 08:35 AM
When Julia makes her comment, Talon can't help but think Harmless? Yeah those nanites screamed harmless... After giving a bit of thought Talon responds Would it be possible, if it is not already so, to meet with your man before the party? He turns to the rest of the group I believe we have a lot to consider for preparations, firstly we need to decide which two of us will be attending.

"I can make the meeting for as early as tomorrow at noon. Now, I'd neglected to mention this a moment ago, must be the whiskey," he says with a chuckle. "I can bring two people, but as a fellow nobleman Mr. Loorta could go in addition to those two. If he doesn't, we'll need an excuse for why he sent some of his people instead. I mean, I don't need to know what you're doing or how you're doing it, but if you need help, I can try and arrange some things."

Heian Naïlo
2010-06-28, 09:48 AM
So it would be Kip, and two out of the rest of us? Talon begins thinking.

younghan
2010-06-28, 05:38 PM
"Clarification: Would it be safe to assume that I would not be counted among my esteemed master's guests? As his rightful property, my presence is both necessary and unobtrusive, in the manner of a trusty pocket-knife or a state of the art datapad."

DCrane1
2010-06-28, 05:51 PM
"Clarification: Would it be safe to assume that I would not be counted among my esteemed master's guests? As his rightful property, my presence is both necessary and unobtrusive, in the manner of a trusty pocket-knife or a state of the art datapad."

Julia Calvert blurts out, "A droid? Nobody in their right mind would bring a droid." Before hurriedly saying, "I mean, no offense."

Her father curtly glares at her while saying tactfully, "I doubt this is the right venue to bring a droid, although you could probably leave it with the servant's at the house."

younghan
2010-06-28, 06:14 PM
Julia Calvert blurts out, "A droid? Nobody in their right mind would bring a droid." Before hurriedly saying, "I mean, no offense."

Her father curtly glares at her while saying tactfully, "I doubt this is the right venue to bring a droid, although you could probably leave it with the servant's at the house."

Zed spreads his arms and then clasps his hands back together in a gesture of good faith. "Reassurance: As a custom protocol droid, I have been designed to navigate the whims and preferences of foreign societies. No offense has been taken." He then looks over to his "master" before letting out a slight low-pitched hum. "Addendum: That said, it is most unfortunate that master will have to do without me."

Heian Naïlo
2010-06-28, 06:51 PM
Well the droid's not joining us. That limits our options for accompanying Kip to a selection of two out of: Ruxith, Simms, and myself.

Xyk
2010-06-28, 08:49 PM
Simms should go. That much is certain. I am useful either inside the party or outside: inside electronically. By that I mean we could get some comlink earpieces and I could operate from a safe location with a computer and other communication devices. I can slice well enough. I think that will be a good plan. Talon will need a reason to be there, though.

Ruxith thinks this plan will maximize the team's capabilities. Talon would not be of much use anywhere else. The droid will need a place to be as well.

Heian Naïlo
2010-06-28, 09:20 PM
I'm not the one capable of operating these devices because of what? Also, we need to consider how Simms' blindness will impact the situation.

Xyk
2010-06-28, 10:54 PM
To be honest, I don't know what you can do. I feel most comfortable in an observant distant position. I am not much use in combat, should that arise, (though it can't if our mission is to be a success).

Plans are beginning to fully develop in Ruxith's head when he remembers that violence will get them nowhere good and drugs are unreliable. We need to deceive Jack into coming with us willingly. There will likely be many guests at this party and we need to gain his attention specifically.

Ruxith frowns and wrinkles his forehead.
Perhaps you're right. What do we know about Jack Hardy? We need to attract his attention without attracting the attention of the general audience.

Heian Naïlo
2010-06-28, 11:15 PM
I can work with the technology, but I have no people skills. You mentioned a silver tongue, so why don't you try to persuade Hardy to leave? Talon thinks a bit. On second thought, Simms should probably stay here.

Xyk
2010-06-29, 01:08 AM
You're right. You should stay here and have the electronics of the building under control should we require the lights to suddenly go out or something of the sort. Simms blindness needs to be rewritten as an advantage.

He turns to the Miraluka

You could easily distract Mr. Hardy's friends with antics such as clumsily knocking things over or telling long-winded tales about some elaborate way your eyes were ruined while Kip and I somehow persuade him to accompany us elsewhere. We may have to play that part by ear. I think that's a good idea.

Z97
2010-06-29, 03:58 AM
"I'm okay with it," Nat pipes up, taking another sip of his whiskey, which is now half gone.

Heian Naïlo
2010-06-29, 10:07 AM
Hmmm we're going to have to be careful is Simms does attend, after all we were told that those nanites have an affinity with the force. For all we know the higher ups in this cult are force users. Really though it's up to Simms. Talon turns to face Simms, and waits for a response.

DCrane1
2010-06-29, 10:42 AM
What do we know about Jack Hardy? We need to attract his attention without attracting the attention of the general audience.

At this point, Julia Calvert, who had been sitting awkwardly in one of the chairs, attempting to remain inconspicuous, pipes up, "He's a joke." Ignoring her father's wrathful glare, she continues, "He used to be so strung out on spice he could barely stand. He was hallucinating, tried to stab one of his housekeepers, all kinds of antics. Then his family cut him off from the bank accounts and nobody heard from him for a few years. Then, he comes back and he's all into this Glorious Awakening garbage. Got money again too, and not family money. He's been all mysterious about what happened in the couple of years he was gone."

Once his daughter is finished, Cecilus stands up and says hurriedly, "We'll leave you to your business. I'll schedule the meeting with my man around noon tomorrow? It'll be at a private booth at Percy's Place, it's a cantina in the Middle City. Some of the best flank steaks you'll ever get, don't let the location and the prices fool you. I'll task a speeder to take you there. The man's name is Givel Ka'Tey, he's a Bothan enforcer for some gangsters, he moonlights for me when I need him to."

With that, the broad-shouldered aristocrat walks out of the foyer, saying over his shoulder, "The droid will show you to the guest house when you want to retire for the night. It can page me if you need anything."

younghan
2010-06-29, 05:33 PM
"Inquiry: Mightn't our companion's force affinity be a boon? If we are to understand these nanites, it would seem his supernatural talents would be almost indispensable."

Heian Naïlo
2010-06-29, 08:41 PM
Yes, but at a large social gathering with an individual who's possibly capable of the same powers, He would be an indispensable flashing red danger sign. Regardless, we need the information from the contact. Where's that droid that's supposed to show us to the guest house; I don't know about the rest of you, with the exception of Zed who doesn't actually sleep, but I could use some rest.

Unkabear
2010-06-30, 10:44 PM
Simms smiles as he listens to the banter. He knew that he would be one of the members, and makes a note to have his formal dress pressed. "I have memorized both the electronics and the force signeture of the circuitry in question. We should not be set upon unawares."

DCrane1
2010-07-02, 11:51 AM
Once the foyer returns to the awkward silence that had permeated the room while you were waiting for Cecilus Calvert, the silver-plated protocol droid that had poured your scotch tells you in its tinny voice, "If you are indeed done conversing, please follow me to your quarters. I hope you will find them pleasing."

He leads you back outside to the manor's massive lawn, where perfectly manicured shrubs and grass create an idyllic facsimile of country living inside a massive city. You walk a short distance to the guest house, which seems large enough to house a small army as its' guests. A pair of two story buildings stand side by side, while an even larger building sits about fifty yards behind them. The droid explains that you will be staying in the Kinross House, "so named for Kinross Calvert, the great-great-great uncle of Master Calvert."

The droid shows you inside, and asks, "Before you turn in for the night, Master Calvert has asked me if all of you intend to meet with 'the Bothan' tomorrow. I hope that question makes more sense to you than it does to myself."

Picture of the guest house: http://www.kinrosshouse.co.uk/Grantown%20Guest%20House.jpg

OOC: If anyone has any investigative avenues they'd like to pursue on their own, just say so and I'll run them simultaneously with meeting the Bothan.

Heian Naïlo
2010-07-02, 03:51 PM
I intend to meet with the Bothan.

DCrane1
2010-07-03, 01:10 PM
The next day, you are awoken by the protocol droid's tinny voice. He quickly explains that your speeder is ready for transport, and that it will take about an hour to descend into the Middle City and arrive at Percy's Place. The massive landspeeder is a similar model to the one that drove you to the Calvert estate, but it's completely enclosed and the matte black exterior is marred by a gunnery port.

Noticing your interest in the gunnery port, the protocol droid explains that it is not unheard of for nobles to be abducted if they leave the Upper City, and that the landspeeder is equipped with a driver-controlled repeating blaster cannon.

With his servos clicking audibly, the droid asks, "Will one of you be driving or shall I send for a footman droid to pilot the landspeeder?"

Heian Naïlo
2010-07-03, 01:25 PM
I think someone who knows the way should probably drive.

Z97
2010-07-03, 04:04 PM
"Yeah, I think it'd best if a droid drove."

Xyk
2010-07-03, 05:58 PM
Yeah, let the droid drive.

DCrane1
2010-07-05, 11:52 AM
Picture of Pilot Droid: http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20060401125355/starwars/images/3/3f/Rx24.jpg

A cylindrical droid hovers out to the landspeeder, and introduces himself in a low-pitched voice which seems out of place on the small droid, "I am RX-08, pilot droid and footman in the service of the Calvert family. I understand I am piloting you to Percy's Place?" The protocol droid quickly affirms before trundling back towards the main house.

The drive to the Middle City takes almost an hour, with a series of law enforcement checkpoints slowing traffic to a crawl once you approached the enormous off-ramp that signified the transition from the Upper City to Middle City. RX-08 easily navigates through the checkpoints, although it's clear that cheaper vehicles coming up from the Middle City have a far more difficult time with law enforcement.

As you enter the Middle City, the perfectly maintained and gleaming durasteel roads, tasteful shrubbery, and clean ambiance of the Upper City give way to bland but functional pavement flanked by colossal apartment buildings all built in varying shades of gray. The denizens of the Middle City are a far cry from the dapper inhabitants of the Upper City. A myriad of species walks along the sides of the streets, and the streets are clogged with traffic. Angry passengers yell from their land-speeders, dressed either in work uniforms or other casual clothing. RX-08 alerts you that you are ten minutes away from Percy's Place, but that you will have to leave your speeder in a garage, since you will be entering a pedestrian-only zone of the Middle City very shortly. What do you do?

OOC: Everyone please make a perception check. Also, let me know if you are fully armed or if you left some weapons at the manor.

Xyk
2010-07-05, 02:37 PM
Perception- [roll0]
Ruxith has his pistol with him, though he hadn't decided whether to leave it in the car or to take it with him. When we land, he decides to take it but hide it as best he can.
Deception (I assume, but stealth has the same modifier) for hiding the gun- [roll1] WTF I rolled two threes in a row!

Ruxith hides his pistol before stepping out of the car like he has nothing to hide. The rest of his actions will depend upon whether he notices something.

Heian Naïlo
2010-07-05, 03:22 PM
[roll0] Heavy Blaster Pistol is kept under his all-temp cloak, which probably warrants a deception check to keep it concealed [roll1]Upon arrival, Talon exits the vehicle, checks his surroundings, and that's all without perception.

Z97
2010-07-05, 03:33 PM
Perception: [roll0]

Nat has his hold-out pistol hidden in his right boot.

DCrane1
2010-07-05, 07:24 PM
For Everyone

As you get out of the landspeeder onto the faux-cobblestone roads of one of the Middle City's many pedestrian only zones, you become part of a bustling throng of faceless walkers. Parents keep children clutched close to them, for fear of separation in the dense crowd, and lovers stroll hand and hand down the road, oblivious to the crowd around them. Street vendors hawk their wares from pushcarts while street preachers hawk eternal salvation from an upturned soapbox. While most of the street preachers seem deranged, many begging simultaneously to imploring passerby to abandon their licentious ways, a representative of The Glorious Awakening stands behind a pushcart handing out glossy fliers to all who walk by.

For Zed

As he gets out of the landspeeder, Zed's mechanical mind processes something the rest of the group completely overlooked. A dark green landspeeder, a ubiquitous model of average performance and cost, had been behind his luxury speeder while they were in the Upper City. The landspeeder was driven by a stocky man with long sideburns, a tanned face pocket-marked from an aliment suffered long ago, and a bulky but bland zip-up jacket. That same man is following about ten yards behind you, while a short distance on an open field, in the crowded street this places at least eight people between yourself and your apparent pursuer.

Xyk
2010-07-05, 07:34 PM
Ruxith goes to pick up a flyer for the Glorious awakening. Out of curiosity. He needs to know more about the enemy. Can't hurt.

Heian Naïlo
2010-07-05, 07:40 PM
With Ruxith already proceeding to the paphlets, Talon continues to the meeting place.

younghan
2010-07-05, 09:48 PM
Zed, spying the suspicious figure, deems it imprudent to make their meeting place immediately known. "Suggestion: Perhaps it would be prudent to meander- it would do us well to become more acquainted with the rhythm of our location." He lowers his voice for the next statement, so that only those closest to him can hear. "Warning: We seem to have accumulated an unwanted follower, possibly armed. It would be in our best interest to disrupt his trail, perhaps splitting ranks."

DCrane1
2010-07-05, 10:07 PM
Ruxith goes to pick up a flyer for the Glorious awakening. Out of curiosity. He needs to know more about the enemy. Can't hurt.

The tall Quarren manning the pushcart hands you the flyer with a broad smile, introducing himself as Vikolos and thanking you for your interest. He adds, "I really hope this helps you out, and that I see you at one of the services."

The informational flyer is a rather generic document encouraging you to unlock your true potential and embrace a higher power with The Glorious Awakening. The only thing differentiating it from any other religious recruiting tool is the small section on the back about Middle City residents who have had their businesses flourish due to involvement with The Glorious Awakening.

Xyk
2010-07-05, 10:28 PM
Ruxith looks it over. He thinks it is despicable to prey on the ignorant in such a way. By displaying such success in the middle city, this organization is probably involved in money laundering and possibly in intimidating non-members. That or simple lying to potential customers until they join and are brainwashed or something. Ruxith keeps the pamphlet in his jacket and takes a glance at the guy Zed mentioned.

OOC/EDIT: I'm pretty sure Ruxith is away from the others getting the pamphlet, so he would not be considered part of the group. Even if the follower had been following everyone coming out of the car, he probably wouldn't see casual glances from a different place. Probably.

Heian Naïlo
2010-07-05, 10:47 PM
Talon ignores the guy Zed mentioned and continues walking casually, meanwhile he begins speaking softly We have a few actions we could take. We could lose him, or lure him out somewhere secluded and catch him. If we lose him, whoever is pulling his strings will probably be displeased with his ineptitude. If we catch him, the individual using him would probably become aware of his capture, but we could get some information out of him. Another thought occurs to Talon Unless he's just trying to mug us. Talon sighs Whatever his motives and whatever we decide to do, we should observe all of the possible angles.

younghan
2010-07-05, 10:53 PM
"I believe he has been following us for some time. Killing him could inspire greater paranoia in his employers, and leaving him alive after questioning could prove similarly dangerous."

Heian Naïlo
2010-07-05, 11:02 PM
Evasion it is then. with that, Talon begins heading off in what will eventually become a confusing, and circuitous route.

Z97
2010-07-06, 01:31 AM
Nat watches Talon walk off, "How do we know that he's trying to kill us? Maybe he was just sent by Calvert to keep an eye out," he whispers to Zed. Thinking it over, he says "By the way... you got any weapons on you?"

younghan
2010-07-06, 07:13 AM
"Explanation: None. My proficiency in combat is minimal, and the sight of an armed droid is too likely to raise unwanted questions. And if our follower is harmless, I am sure he will be pleased to notify our allies as to our considerable caution."

DCrane1
2010-07-07, 10:52 AM
As Talon sets out across a back-alley, taking a winding route to the meeting at Percy's Place, the pursuer doesn't follow him, instead remaining in the crowd behind Zed, Sven, and Nat Idral. While the massive crowd is constantly moving and changing, the man following you sometimes darts out of your vision, but always reappears around you, far enough away to appear innocuous, but close enough not to lose you.

Heian Naïlo
2010-07-07, 11:37 AM
That guy's not on my tail so either there's another one keeping track of me, Talon looks around or that guy's instructions have him following a particular member of our group. He's probably following Kip, so I'll make sure there isn't another one on me and head to the place. That should do it.

DCrane1
2010-07-07, 12:33 PM
That guy's not on my tail so either there's another one keeping track of me, Talon looks around or that guy's instructions have him following a particular member of our group. He's probably following Kip, so I'll make sure there isn't another one on me and head to the place. That should do it.

Walking a winding route, you continuously look around you to determine if anyone is following you. The mass of people makes it difficult to pick out any individuals, especially given the nigh-identical uniforms worn by the manual laborers that make up at least half of the foot traffic. The back-alleys have far less people however, and walking through them would make it far easier to identify a tail.

Exiting the third back-alley of your circuitous route, it seems that nobody is following you, as nobody was in all three alleys. Walking out of the alley onto the faux-cobblestone of the pedestrian area, you collide with a stocky Trandoshan dressed in a dark blue jumpsuit with "KJJ Oreworks" sewn onto the chest in large white letters. You both fall to the ground, as the Trandoshan grunts with surprise. As you rise to your feet, the Trandoshan hisses, "What the hell was that!"

OOC: Your perception check to search for pursuit was rolled in the dice roll thread.

Xyk
2010-07-07, 03:28 PM
Ruxith goes in a less winding but more casual fashion to the meeting place. He reads the details of the pamphlet as he does. Should combat come about, he thinks they will do better united than singled out. He glances back at Kip, Zed, and the stalker occasionally if he can through the crowd.

Heian Naïlo
2010-07-07, 03:44 PM
Talon pats himself as he gets up, making sure he and all of his possessions are on him. Sorry, took a detour. I've got to be somewhere right now. Have a nice day. With that Talon continues on his way.

DCrane1
2010-07-07, 05:26 PM
Talon pats himself as he gets up, making sure he and all of his possessions are on him. Sorry, took a detour. I've got to be somewhere right now. Have a nice day. With that Talon continues on his way.

"Be more careful where you're walking pretty boy." With that rebuke, the Trandoshan gets up and walks away, glaring back at you over his shoulder.

Ruxith

While you try and keep focused on your compatriots and their tail, you have a hard time tracking them through the throngs of people on the main route. Jostled by a hurrying woman, you loose sight of the pursuer in the crowd.

Svenn, Nat Idrall, Zed

You continue walking towards Percy's Place in a nonchalant fashion, and you notice that your pursuer is being pushed farther back in the crowd by the constant flow of traffic, he's hard to see now that he's at least twenty people behind you.

Heian Naïlo
2010-07-07, 06:01 PM
Pretty boy? As someone who tends to be covered in some kind of oil, that's almost offensive. Doesn't matter, he probably doesn't have anything to do with the cult. Talon pays a little more attention to his surroundings as he heads to Percy's Place.

DCrane1
2010-07-09, 10:57 AM
You meet up outside of Percy's Place, a large but bland looking restaurant and cantina sandwiched between two massive apartment complexes. As you walk in, you are greeted by a smiling young man who asks, "Are you meeting someone here?"

Looking around, you notice that Percy's Place is basically deserted, having just opened a few minutes ago. The bar is empty, and the bar tender cleans glasses idly while waiting for business to begin. Only one table has customers in it, three men in identical navy-blue work jumpsuits.

DCrane1
2010-07-11, 10:31 AM
As soon as you mention you're here to meet Givel Ka'Tey, the smiling young man tells you, "follow me," and leads you to the back room, which is separated from the rest of the establishment by a swinging double-door most would mistake for the entrance to a kitchen.

There are only two booths in the back room, and only one is occupied. A tall Bothan sits on the far edge of the booth, dressed blandly with a white tunic covering a khaki shirt and matching cargo pants. Were he wearing the knee-length windbreaker that is now draped over the back of the booth, the Bothan would pass for one of the ubiquitous factory workers. With the cloak off however, the pistol holstered to his belt is easily visible. The young man nervously speaks up saying, "Mr. Ka'Tey, these people are here to see you."

Looking up with a hand on his pistol, Ka'Tey motions for you to sit down on the other side of the booth. You cram into the other side, squeezing five people into a space meant for three, and Ka'Tey digs into a pocket on his cargo pants and places a small datachip on the top of the booth.

After that, the Bothan growls, "We'll get to what that is in a minute, Calvert tells me you're looking into the Glorious Awakening, let me tell you something, it's a hell of a place. What do you want to know from me?"

OOC: Picture of Givel Ka'Tey: http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090820151138/starwars/images/thumb/c/cd/Bothan_Spy_-_SWGTCG.jpg/533px-Bothan_Spy_-_SWGTCG.jpg

Heian Naïlo
2010-07-11, 02:29 PM
I have a few questions. Is there a connection between higher ranking members and the force? Do you know where they're based at? About how well armed are they? On a related note, would they be prepared for a small assault? Calvert mentioned that he didn't know how you got the information and he was told he didn't want to know; how did you get the information?

DCrane1
2010-07-11, 04:02 PM
I have a few questions. Is there a connection between higher ranking members and the force? Do you know where they're based at? About how well armed are they? On a related note, would they be prepared for a small assault? Calvert mentioned that he didn't know how you got the information and he was told he didn't want to know; how did you get the information?

"Yeah, that sounds like old moneybags. Always concerned about knowing too much. A Glorious Awakening 'security specialist' wasn't always legit. Few years ago he was a goon like me, I called him up and we got a drink together. I drugged his ale with sedatives and carried him off to a place I keep for persuading people. Long story short, he told me everything I needed to know and I then I broke his neck. Any of you heard of Zoom?

Once everyone shakes their head in the negative, Ka'Tey explains, "Nasty designer drug, lot of the spoiled brats from up top are hooked on it. High powered stimulant, makes you nice and hyper in low doses, dead if you do a lot. Well, turns out the Glorious Awakening is one of the biggest dealers, the even make huge batches of the stuff, but I don't know where. They've got offices in the Upper City, but those are just a sham. Tons of their top people are hooked on Zoom, and Calvert's girl died from an overdose during a "ceremony." I don't know anything about a force connection, but that ancient religion is just as bogus as the Glorious Awakening bull****. Just another way to control people if you ask me.

"This brings us to the real issue," Ka'Tey says as he slides the datachip into the middle of the table, "Got it from their security specialist, it's encrypted well beyond anything the slicers I know can fix, but I figure you can find a way around that. I only can get bits and pieces, but it's important, we're talking high-grade encryption and a slicer that can do that isn't cheap. Now look, since I killed the specialist, there have been some people following me. My apartment got firebombed too, I really must of pissed 'em off. I gotta get off Sibellus for a while, and I need money. I want sixty-five thousand credits, I want it in hard stuff. Nova crystals, aurodium ingots, drugs, I don't care, but I need it soon. You get the datachip when I get it."