PDA

View Full Version : MWF Ranger- Help

Lateral
2010-06-11, 03:03 PM
Okay, so I'm building a ranger for a race with more than 2 arms with the TWF combat style, but my DM is letting me use MWF in place of TWF since they have more than two hands. He's also letting me take reflavored versions of certain feats that normally apply to TWF so that they apply to MWF. We've got a few problems, though. Namely, we can't find a good race. There's a Thri-Kreen variant with 1 LA which would be good if I or my DM could find out what it's abilities and stuff are. Alternately, point me to another race that has ≥3 hands with ≤1 LA. RHD matters less, though. Thanks!

Edit: Well, yeah, I know, but neither I nor my DM have MM2. We use the SRD plus whatever we know of from other sources (Nobody abuses it too much, our party is pretty fair that way). For instance, I'm taking a feat that lets you use onehanded weapons when TWF'ing with only the penalties taken with light weapons. So, do you have the stats for the Thri-Kreen from MM2?

Eldariel
2010-06-11, 03:14 PM
LA +1 non-psionic Thri-Kreen is in MM2.

Nero24200
2010-06-11, 03:25 PM
To my knowledge no race with multiple arms has no LA. It's one of those things wizards of the coast were reluctant to give out freely. Your best bet may be to take an existing LA+1 race, then work with your DM to see what you can do about lowering it.

Edit: And Thri-Keen are also in the SRD. They're under Psionic Races.

Lateral
2010-06-11, 03:30 PM
That symbol there? It means EQUAL TO OR LESS THAN one.

Also, does anyone know the rules for wielding, say, 2 greatswords? If I can do that, *drools at 2 Power Attack combos*... :smalltongue:

Edit: Umm... exactly where in the Psionic Rules are they?

Draz74
2010-06-11, 03:34 PM
Edit: And Thri-Keen are also in the SRD. They're under Psionic Races.

No, they joined the "Intellectual Property" club with Mind Flayers, Beholders, and so forth. No SRD stats for these blokes.

Eldariel
2010-06-11, 03:35 PM
No, they joined the "Intellectual Property" club with Mind Flayers, Beholders, and so forth. No SRD stats for these blokes.

The Psionic stats are LA +2 anyways; you'll want the ones in MM2.

Vizzerdrix
2010-06-11, 05:04 PM
Here ya go. all the options I can find.

Thri-Kreens got a racial class in Complete Psionic.

I think I've seen another critter with four arms in Eberron. Some for of goblin I think.

In MM1 one of the sea folk get the option to have four Arms.

Two Levels of Totemist and the Girallon Arms Soulmeld will get you four arms (From the book Magic of Incarnum)

I tried to home brew a four armed race once, but it was full of suck and fail.

mabriss lethe
2010-06-11, 05:22 PM
Dolgrim from Eberron campaign setting is what you're thinking of. It's a small sized aberration. +2 LA with no racial HD +2 str +2 dex, -2 int -2 cha. 4 arms. some nice abilities. DR 5/special substance. Can make one offhand attack without penalty and get a bonus to will saves.

Curmudgeon
2010-06-11, 05:39 PM
Okay, so I'm building a ranger for a race with more than 2 arms with the TWF combat style, but my DM is letting me use MWF in place of TWF since they have more than two hands.
Actually, no special DM dispensation is required; this is the way it's supposed to work, by the rules.
Special: This feat replaces the Two-Weapon Fighting feat for creatures with more than two arms.

Lateral
2010-06-11, 06:01 PM
Thanks for all these 4-armed races/classes. However, I'm only looking for races, not classes that grant 4 arms. Also, does anyone have, I dunno, STATS for them? Dolgrim doesn't work, it's Chaotic Evil, an aberration... and DAMN ugly.

Vizzerdrix
2010-06-11, 06:05 PM
Dolgrim doesn't work, it's Chaotic Evil, an aberration... and DAMN ugly.

Just Refluff it. Make it a monsterous humanoid that looks diffrent

SurlySeraph
2010-06-11, 07:31 PM
You could use a four-armed sahuagin. (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/sahuagin.htm) 2 RHD, +3 LA.

Person_Man
2010-06-11, 09:05 PM
Anything with the Dragonblood subtype (my preference is variant kobold (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20060420a)) + Dragon Tail feat (Races of the Dragon) + Prehensile Tail feat (Serpent Kingdoms) = LA 0 race with 2 arms, a tail that functions as an arm, and potentially two claws and a bite.

You can also pull it off with the Dragon Tail soulmeld (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20060912a&page=4) + Prehensile Tail feat, but magic and psionics can mess with soulmelds, and you need an essentia pool (ie, Totemist, Incarnate, incarnum race, or burn another feat).

Aeromyre
2010-06-11, 10:41 PM
Okay, so I'm building a ranger for a race with more than 2 arms with the TWF combat style, but my DM is letting me use MWF in place of TWF since they have more than two hands. He's also letting me take reflavored versions of certain feats that normally apply to TWF so that they apply to MWF. We've got a few problems, though. Namely, we can't find a good race. There's a Thri-Kreen variant with 1 LA which would be good if I or my DM could find out what it's abilities and stuff are. Alternately, point me to another race that has ≥3 hands with ≤1 LA. RHD matters less, though. Thanks!

Edit: Well, yeah, I know, but neither I nor my DM have MM2. We use the SRD plus whatever we know of from other sources (Nobody abuses it too much, our party is pretty fair that way). For instance, I'm taking a feat that lets you use onehanded weapons when TWF'ing with only the penalties taken with light weapons. So, do you have the stats for the Thri-Kreen from MM2?

Homebrew a shokan! No one is cooler than Goro from Mortal Kombat!
except most everyone from Mortal Kombat lol