PDA

View Full Version : Which person from the comic would you like to hug most?

ghoul-n
2010-06-11, 05:53 PM
I mean, in a healthy, friendly way.
There is a lot of topics about favourite characters, but that and wish to hug someone is completely, completely different matters ;(

The Pilgrim
2010-06-11, 06:19 PM
:thog:

Rich, you should make Thog-shaped cuddly toys. Would earn yourself a fortune.

With optional Leprechaun costume.

Starscream
2010-06-11, 06:29 PM
:mitd:

Partly because he deserves it, partly because it might help me figure out what the hell he is.

Kish
2010-06-11, 06:36 PM
Celia. No question at all.

I like Durkon, but I doubt he smells terribly good up close. The creature in the darkness has demonstrated poor control of his massive strength; he'd probably crush my spine.

mucat
2010-06-11, 06:42 PM
Given access to any period in the comic's history?
Miko as a kid. Because who knows how differently things would turn out.

Present-day characters only?
Mr. Scruffy. Because kitty! Kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty (http://xkcd.com/231/)!

Mauve Shirt
2010-06-11, 06:51 PM
O-Chul, Elan and Roy.

Morgan Wick
2010-06-11, 06:57 PM
Present-day characters only?
Mr. Scruffy. Because kitty! Kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty (http://xkcd.com/231/)!

Shocked you would miss this (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0268.html).

Murkus
2010-06-11, 06:57 PM
:belkar: All he needs is a hug.

*gets stabbed in the face*

mucat
2010-06-11, 07:00 PM
Oh, wow. Phil Rodriguez is my spiritual twin. :smalleek:

Almaseti
2010-06-11, 09:32 PM
Elan and maybe V.

Half-orc Bard
2010-06-11, 09:46 PM
xzykon It would make me get an A on my bio final

Dr.Epic
2010-06-11, 09:52 PM

Partly because he deserves it, partly because it might help me figure out what the hell he is.

Is that really the way you want o figure out what it is?

CoffeeIncluded
2010-06-11, 09:53 PM
I think Kyrie is in need of a big hug right now.

Harperfan7
2010-06-11, 10:11 PM
Haley.

In a very friendly and very healthy way for long periods of time.

PallElendro
2010-06-11, 10:18 PM
I'd go for Elan. He's cool, like me.

RndmNumGen
2010-06-11, 11:37 PM
Everyone. Hugs are awesome.

Temotei
2010-06-11, 11:40 PM
Given access to any period in the comic's history?
Miko as a kid. Because who knows how differently things would turn out.

This.

I'd probably choose not to hug anyone, but I'd love to fight beside Roy or Elan.

Galidin
2010-06-12, 12:21 AM
Haley, for being far better person then her class is known for!

Galidin

P.S. Though I'd of appeared to Miko when she died and helped her get on her horse. Even if she was tragically flawed she still was a PAL, gotta help our own!

Cisturn
2010-06-12, 12:41 AM
:durkon: or :roy: for always having to put up with everyone else. Also :redcloak: because honestly he probably needs it the most

Danne
2010-06-12, 01:01 AM
:mitd:, definitely. He's adorable.

Mr. Scruffy, because I love kitties. :elan: and Roy's brother Eric, because they're also adorable. And :vaarsuvius:, because it makes me sad that he's lost his mate and children (even if it was his fault).

Eloi
2010-06-12, 01:21 AM
Hmm I would hug:

-> Monster in the Darkness because it has adorable behavior. Might die, but oh well.
-> Tsukiko because no else probably will. Might become undead, but oh well.
-> Miko because she seems like she needs one. Might smite for hugging a Necromancer, but oh well.

Is there anyone on my list that wouldn't kill me?

SadisticFishing
2010-06-12, 01:46 AM
Miko, definitely. She sounds hawt ;)

And needs one, and probably isn't AWARE that she needs one. Wasn't, needed, aww =(

Anterean
2010-06-12, 03:38 AM
Lien, fits my affection for paladins perfectly.

:durkon: So what if the widespread alcoholism in dwarven society leaves a special odour, he needs love too

Eve
2010-06-12, 05:02 AM
Roy. Because he seems like he'd be really huggable, even if he didn't need a hug.

After that probably Elan, cuz he looks like he'd actually be willing to hug, Threlka, because she's awesome and needs a hug (and a ressurection ;_; ) Aaaaaand Vs Kids. Because they're adorable. And currently from a broken home.

Thieves
2010-06-12, 08:59 AM
:redcloak: It's this story's most sympathetic character, and similar to V in the tragic conflict type. Yeah. Hugs for Reddy.

licoot
2010-06-12, 09:14 AM
Those Lawyers who kept on popping up early in the story:smalltongue:

Gift Jeraff
2010-06-12, 01:43 PM
Unfortunately enough...the wight with the shoes.

Then probably Thog, Enor, the MitD, and eventually all the rest--stick figures are just so huggable!

MartytheBioGuy
2010-06-12, 04:15 PM
THOG! :thog: :thog: :thog:

Yes. Very yes. I've found myself liking half-orcs more lately, and this may very well be due to Thog.

Zea mays
2010-06-12, 04:30 PM
The flumps, because of their luck.
Because of their luck, I'd be very careful not to accidentally squish them to death with the hug.

mucat
2010-06-12, 04:55 PM
Because of their luck, I'd be very careful not to accidentally squish them to death with the hug.

Try to hug a flumph, and there is a good chance that a random falling person will hit you on the head.

Zea mays
2010-06-12, 05:03 PM
Good point. I'll wear a helmet.

Luzahn
2010-06-12, 07:42 PM
Ice-Cream-Head Haley from #31.

WWBelkarD
2010-06-12, 08:00 PM
Sabine.

End of story. :smallsmile:

Nave Senrag
2010-06-12, 08:02 PM
Who would I like to hug most?

1. Haley, because she has nice "eyes":smallwink:
2. Tsukiko, because she is adorable in a sadistic kind of way
3. Miko, because I like her even though she was really mean

The Succubus
2010-06-12, 08:08 PM
Hmmmm......

Sabine for the fun factor. As for someone in need of a hug, I'd have to go with either Inkyrus or Redcloak. I'm not sure if RC is a huggy sort of person but I think an arm around the shoulders and saying "Keep going, I have faith in you" would do his self-esteem a world of good. Inkyrus has also been suffering lately - hir mate leaves home for years, comes back as a genocidal maniac crazed with power and doesn't even bother to stay and help put hir family back together. For this reason alone, Inky definitely needs a hug.

Ajadea
2010-06-12, 09:22 PM
Inkyrius. V's kids. Redcloak. All of them have been beaten up physically and emotionally sometime in the last 70 strips, and therefore deserve a hug. Maybe not an exact hug for Redcloak...I'm not sure if he's the hugging type. At the very least, I'd do what MasamuneSSX said. His self-esteem needs a big boost. I'd give the MiTD a hug, if I wasn't so terrified of being turned into a pulp (The commoner's d4 hit die is not a good thing)

Saphy
2010-06-12, 09:26 PM
Elan, because I think he needs to be hugged sometimes after being made fun of for being silly. Might have to be ready for sneak attacks though. :P

Roy, because I think he needs some lovin'.

V, because s/he needs to chill sometimes.

MitD, because s/he/it would enjoy that.

and lastly Thog (and a puppy), because Thog's adorable and loves puppies like I do. May have to watch Thog with the puppy... he might squish it by accident or something. >___<

Dr.Epic
2010-06-12, 09:37 PM
Who would I like to hug most?

1. Haley, because she has nice "eyes":smallwink:
2. Tsukiko, because she is adorable in a sadistic kind of way
3. Miko, because I like her even though she was really mean

You know, they all have pretty nice "eyes."

hobbitkniver
2010-06-12, 09:41 PM
Probably Thog or MitD, but I feel like they'd accidently kill me somehow. The order doesn't seem really "huggable" to me personally. Also thog might be really gross and creepy if he was real :yuk:. Oh and Mr. Scruffy for being a cute animal that belongs to a powerful ranger.

MartytheBioGuy
2010-06-12, 09:42 PM
While I stand by my earlier thought on :thog:, you people are making a good case for RC. I really get where he's coming from, and it makes me sad to see him pushed around. ESPECIALLY by Tsukiko. Ulgh. :smallfurious:

Rae Artemi
2010-06-12, 10:34 PM
I would have to say all of them, as I love hugs from anyone. I'd probably have to be careful with xykon though, I don't wanna get paralyzed.

And by all of them I mean every character that has ever appeared in the comic ever, just so you know.

GSFB
2010-06-12, 11:23 PM
V, to possibly end the debate.

Eloi
2010-06-13, 05:09 AM
While I stand by my earlier thought on :thog:, you people are making a good case for RC. I really get where he's coming from, and it makes me sad to see him pushed around. ESPECIALLY by Tsukiko. Ulgh. :smallfurious:

What's wrong with Tsukiko pushing people around? :smallconfused:

I think :redcloak: isn't hug-worthy but apparently the prequel books make him not evil and huggable.

Kish
2010-06-13, 06:38 AM
Sabine.

That would, indeed, be the end of your story.

squidbreath
2010-06-13, 06:48 AM
Roy's Archon...because it's glowy!

Procyonpi
2010-06-13, 07:07 AM
:mitd: or :thog:. Especially the MitD. Even though I'd probably get crushed. Redcloak, I'm somewhat conflicted about. I can feel for his plight an don't like how Xykon and T keep walking all over him, but despite the fact that he keeps worse company, he still is a racist bastard who's messing with the fabric of the universe.

Nave Senrag
2010-06-13, 07:22 AM
:mitd: or :thog:. Especially the MitD. Even though I'd probably get crushed. Redcloak, I'm somewhat conflicted about. I can feel for his plight an don't like how Xykon and T keep walking all over him, but despite the fact that he keeps worse company, he still is a racist bastard who's messing with the fabric of the universe.

I believe you meant to say speciest bastard.

You know, they all have pretty nice "eyes."
Huh, I hadn't noticed:smallamused:, what a crazy random happenstance:smallbiggrin:

FoE
2010-06-13, 11:04 AM
Therkla definitely needed more hugs when she was alive. Hell, maybe she would still be alive if someone just showed her more affection.

The Vorpal Tribble
2010-06-13, 11:34 AM
Haley.

In a very friendly and very healthy way for long periods of time.
Amen. oooooooh, WHITEOUT!

Symmys
2010-06-13, 12:06 PM
I'm with most people. Redcloak and Inky both are in serious need of some hugging. I'd be afraid to go back in time and hug Miko when she was a child, though, in case she became a totally different person and the space-time continuum got all messed up. If I could do it without rewriting the timeline, though, I would.

AgentofOdd
2010-06-13, 02:38 PM
Would all the critters in the Bag of Tricks count?

CWater
2010-06-13, 03:58 PM
Just for fun, I did a count:smallbiggrin::

Most huggable (or in need of a hug) OotS character:

1.:mitd: (7)
2:elan:,:thog: and :redcloak: (6)
3.:miko: (5)

Lira
2010-06-13, 04:17 PM
I'd hug Vaarsuvius. After everything (s)he's been through in the last arc, I think V could really use a hug.

Closak
2010-06-13, 04:21 PM
The empress of blood.

After making sure she is properly fed of course.

Quithlin
2010-06-13, 04:53 PM
:redcloak: for me as well. Not only does he need a hug, but I'm rooting for him and his people (despite his character flaws). This story won't have a happy ending (as far as I'm concerned) if the goblins and their ilk aren't given a fair share of the world.

mucat
2010-06-13, 05:16 PM
I'm with most people. Redcloak and Inky both are in serious need of some hugging. I'd be afraid to go back in time and hug Miko when she was a child, though, in case she became a totally different person and the space-time continuum got all messed up. If I could do it without rewriting the timeline, though, I would.

Hey, rewriting the timeline is the whole point (though you're right; better make sure that meddling with the spacetime continuum won't destroy it!)

You want to come home from your time travel to find the Order sitting around a table in their favorite Azure City tavern, laughing with their old ally Miko. Belkar is picking his teeth with a fragment of shattered phylactery, and V is proofreading the latest diplomatic missive from Lord Shojo to the newly established United Goblinoid Republic.

Drinks have somehow appeared at their elbows, though no one remembers the waitress coming by ('cause, you know, ninja.) As they all raise their glasses in a toast, Miko comments, "Can you imagine how things might have turned out if Lord Shojo had sent one of those detect-and-smite paladins after you guys?"

The Succubus
2010-06-13, 05:47 PM
Hey, rewriting the timeline is the whole point (though you're right; better make sure that meddling with the spacetime continuum won't destroy it!)

You want to come home from your time travel to find the Order sitting around a table in their favorite Azure City tavern, laughing with their old ally Miko. Belkar is picking his teeth with a fragment of shattered phylactery, and V is proofreading the latest diplomatic missive from Lord Shojo to the newly established United Goblinoid Republic.

Drinks have somehow appeared at their elbows, though no one remembers the waitress coming by ('cause, you know, ninja.) As they all raise their glasses in a toast, Miko comments, "Can you imagine how things might have turned out if Lord Shojo had sent one of those detect-and-smite paladins after you guys?"

That was beautiful, mucat. You're a regular poet. :smallsmile:

Ajadea
2010-06-13, 11:22 PM
Seconded. One more thing needs to be done to make that timeline perfect though: Resurrection on the baby black dragon. Because it did not deserve to be disintegrated. A happy ending is a happy ending for everyone. Even the Always Chaotic Evil dragons.

Crystalline
2010-06-14, 12:41 PM
Probably V, s/he's my favorite character. Plus, right when that divorce paper was sent back I really wanted to give V a hug. S/he looked so sad.
Inkyrus could also probably use one but we haven't seen enough of Kyrie for me to want to give out a hug.
Redcloak because I just read SoD. :smalleek:
MiTD because he's awesome.
and as a final (because I do really just want to hug them all but can't list everyone...)
Blackwing. Just for the fact he keeps getting forgotten.

If there were huggable OOTS plushies, they would sell. This thread proves it. Rich I hope you are listening, I want a plushie. :smallbiggrin:

the humanity
2010-06-14, 02:00 PM
Redcloak. and Elan. RC needs it most, Elan will appreciate it most.

Mystic Muse
2010-06-14, 02:07 PM
Redcloak. I think he could use a hug.

The MITD if he wouldn't accidentally squash me.

V, Roy, Haley and Elan. Belkar would kill me and I doubt Durkon would want one. If he would, I'd give him one.

Inkyrius and the elven kids. They all definitely need one.:smallfrown:

Hinjo, Soon, and Miko when she was a kid.

This is all assuming it wouldn't destroy the space time continuum somehow.

SPoD
2010-06-14, 02:29 PM
Fruit Pie the Sorcerer. He would smell the best.

Eloi
2010-06-14, 02:30 PM
Fruit Pie the Sorcerer. He would smell the best.

I'd eat Fruit Pie before hugging 'em, as unfortunate as that is.

KiwiImperator
2010-06-14, 04:05 PM
If we substitute 'hug' with 'brofist', I'd swim through an ocean of fire to give Belkar one.

Sereg
2010-06-16, 05:16 AM
There's several characters that could do with a hug, however, as my favourite character, V gets first priority. Next in line would probably be Kyrie for having similar reasons for needing a hug to V.

Darcy
2010-06-16, 10:51 AM
If we substitute 'hug' with 'brofist', I'd swim through an ocean of fire to give Belkar one.

I'd "pound it" with Roy or Durkon. Hail to the hairless!

VeisuItaTyhjyys
2010-06-17, 05:53 PM
Redcloak.

In the unfortunate event of my demise, Tsukiko.

Teleporker
2010-06-17, 08:21 PM
The roaches! Who wouldn't want to hug the roaches?

:roach: Get away from us you freak!!

LuPuWei
2010-06-18, 01:32 AM
Blackwing is long overdue.

And of course, Roy's little brother...

suszterpatt
2010-06-19, 06:42 AM
Thor.

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

Orzel
2010-06-19, 09:33 AM
For me: Sabine
For them: Redclo...
Oh look. There's a kitty. Hi Kitty!

Cealocanth
2010-06-19, 10:31 PM
Elan, because he's probably the only one who wouldn't kill me if I decided to randomly hug him off the street. Although, Haley might decide to kill me just because of that...

I dunno.

Bliu Skye
2010-06-21, 10:14 AM
Hm...
How can I pick just one? But I'm going to have to go with Redcloak.

headmonkeyboy
2010-06-21, 11:37 AM
:thog:

Rich, you should make Thog-shaped cuddly toys. Would earn yourself a fortune.

With optional Leprechaun costume.

YES I WOULD SOOOOO BUY ONE!!!
:elan:

CWater
2010-06-21, 01:24 PM
I don't know why I counted this again, it's not like this is a vote or anything...
I suppose I just think it's fun.

1.:redcloak: (13)
2:elan: and :mitd: (9)
3.Kyrie and :thog: (6)

Hmm, according to this, Redcloak appears to be the most huggable, it doesn't suprise me.:smalltongue:(:smallfrown:)

TheFallenOne
2010-06-21, 02:50 PM
The Snarl

A hug from an eldritch abomination is totally worth it to be undone from existence!(I do have an old theory that it isn't evil, it's just unable to control it's vast power)

On a more serious note
:redcloak: for me too. Whisper to him "Yes, humans are bastards, but so are goblins, we should be able to reach an understanding"
:mitd: Just being nice to him would have a huge effect
Tsukiko

Damn, I'm almost through Team Evil and I'd actually want to give Xykon a high five, guess that reflects badly upon me :smallbiggrin:

Well, I'd give young Roy a hug after his brother died. That must have left quite a scar, especially considering his distanced father

fishguy
2010-06-21, 05:08 PM
Roy's mom... she seems like she'd turn a nice warm hug into a hot night of mind breaking... um, healthiness...

Deadly
2010-06-21, 05:08 PM
:miko: because everyone treated her so terribly when all she wanted was to be a good person. I would give her the biggest hug if I could.

sol-decentguy
2010-06-21, 05:36 PM
I would have to say Celia cause I know the pain of getting through classes and also cause she hot.

I would have to brofist Roy for all he does to at least try to keep the everything in order, also O-chul cause he had to deal with a lot of torture that no one ever needs to go through

Dvandemon
2010-06-21, 05:53 PM

Flumps must be the squishiest, huggable characters in the entire comic :smallbiggrin:

Underground
2010-06-22, 05:29 AM
Redcloak. With a squeezer machine.

Haley of course is very huggable.

AwesomeHat
2010-07-22, 03:58 AM
Durkon probably comes first in my opinion. When a character is reduced to tears of joy by learning their corpse won't be left to feed random monsters they could probably use a hug.

Besides :durkon: I think that most of the characters on team evil (with the notable exceptions of Captain MeanyheadXykon and the Demon Roaches) could use hugs, as well as Right-Eye.

Bongos
2010-07-22, 11:59 AM
:miko: because everyone treated her so terribly when all she wanted was to be a good person. I would give her the biggest hug if I could.

+1 plus one

the Riddler
2010-07-22, 02:17 PM
Sabine.

This. :sabine: Of course, have a level! Why, drain them all, oh, you're so cute! :redface:

binyamin20
2010-07-23, 02:41 AM

What is it with you people and your'e linking? linking to some obscure site doesn't help anyone!

dsmiles
2010-07-28, 10:28 AM
I'd like to hug:

who totally looks like:
http://images.cheezburger.com/imagestore/2010/5/24/47e5f028-8ccd-4eb8-8959-7c6e19d6751c.jpg

Darthteej
2010-07-28, 01:17 PM
The Snarl

A hug from an eldritch abomination is totally worth it to be undone from existence!(I do have an old theory that it isn't evil, it's just unable to control it's vast power)

Damn, I'm almost through Team Evil and I'd actually want to give Xykon a high five, guess that reflects badly upon me :smallbiggrin:

You like putting people in leather pants don't you? Hope you've got the HD to survive a high-five with Xykon...

hamishspence
2010-07-28, 01:27 PM
The Snarl

Reminds me of this- especially the top illustration:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AndCallHimGeorge