PDA

View Full Version : Dread Necromancer/Bone Knight

G3N3R3L GHOST
2010-06-11, 07:25 PM
Before I hear the obvious problem with this combo. I have talked to my DM and the divine prereq and the divine progression of Bone Knight from 5 Nations has been changed to arcane for this build. I am shooting for a kind of Melee general of all that is undead sort of thing. I have looked into the Dread necromancer Handbook but I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for feats or magic items etc etc in regards to this different than normal combination. Right now by build just in classes looks like this:

Human Paragon 1
Dread Necromancer 1-8
Human paragon 2
Bone Knight 10

Human Paragon will help with the skills needed for bone knight as well as gain an additional bonus feat and increase in caster level enough to keep the level 9 spells open to me. Any additional ideas would be hot. :smallcool:

Dusk Eclipse
2010-06-11, 07:54 PM
I don't have my copy of 5 Nations with me right here, but IIRC they only need about 5 ranks in weapon smith 8 in Armrsmithing, and BAB +4 I think.

So why do you need Human Paragon? as Dread Necro has craft as a class skil.

G3N3R3L GHOST
2010-06-11, 07:58 PM
Hm..I suppose you are technically right. I just thought having any 10 skills as class skills and then one to be a class skill regardless will be helpful for completing a generalist character. But just for fun what 2 levels would be suggested to complete the build for what I am shooting for. Like I said before a potent melee character who commands hordes of undead...Any additional suggestions?

Dusk Eclipse
2010-06-11, 08:03 PM
So you are trying to be an Undead focused gish... let see I suppose your entry method is DN 8/BK10 that leave us with 2 levels I think you could go with more Dread Necro levels, or any other full casting advancing prestige class....maybe Abjurant champion just to keep up full bab... you might want to check the void reaper (shameless plug) in my sig, it is a WIP but I am just finishing the fluff stuff.

G3N3R3L GHOST
2010-06-11, 10:18 PM
All right will do it. Do you or anyone else have any feat magic item ideas to optimize said desires?

PS that channel void ability at level 2 is amazing for what I want to do. Finger of death through a melee strike...holy haha. And of course what master of undeath would be complete without his one martial weapon of choice to be the scythe :)

Dusk Eclipse
2010-06-12, 05:53 PM
All right will do it. Do you or anyone else have any feat magic item ideas to optimize said desires?

PS that channel void ability at level 2 is amazing for what I want to do. Finger of death through a melee strike...holy haha. And of course what master of undeath would be complete without his one martial weapon of choice to be the scythe :)

Well if you do take the Void Reaper please tell meI want to hear someone playing it.

G3N3R3L GHOST
2010-06-12, 11:14 PM
Yeah dude no doubt. I would have to get homebrewed PrC's approved though which may be a no fly zone BUT if so Ill let you know how he works out in the campaign.

Thinker
2010-07-27, 08:52 PM
Yeah dude no doubt. I would have to get homebrewed PrC's approved though which may be a no fly zone BUT if so Ill let you know how he works out in the campaign.

Did you get to play it? How did it run when played for realsies?