PDA

View Full Version : [3.5]The Boneshaper PrC [P.E.A.C.H.]

Dragero
2010-06-11, 09:29 PM
THE BONESHAPER

Requirements:
BAB +8 or more
Bones (No oozes/constructs/ect)

Throughout the centurys, people who have been able to manipulate their bones have walked the planet. They are called by many names, Bonemen, Death's sirens, but the most common name for them is "Boneshapers". The boneshapers are an ancient group of supernatural warriors. They have total control over their bones, allowing them to change their shape in many diffrent ways. They can grow taller, create itmes with their owns bones, or even turn their arms into weapons! The boneshapers gain their abilities from a gift randomly given to people by the Godess of bone.

Skills: Climb (str), Craft (Int), Disgiuse (Cha), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Listen (Wis), Survival (Wis).
4+ Int mod Skill points per level.
HD: d10

BONESHAPER
{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
+1|
+2|
+0|
+0|Bone Weapon, Bone Shape (Martial)

2nd|
+2|
+3|
+0|
+0|Bone Shield, Multi-Bone Weapon

3rd|
+3|
+3|
+1|
+1|Bone Weapon (Exotic), Aspect of Bone

4th|
+4|
+4|
+1|
+1|Aspect of Bone

5th|
+5|
+4|
+1|
+1|Bone Weapon (Crossbow)

6th|
+6|
+5|
+2|
+2|

7th|
+7|
+5|
+2|
+2|Aspect of Bone

8th|
+8|
+6|
+2|
+2|Big Boned

9th|
+9|
+6|
+3|
+3|Aspect of Bone

10th|
+10|
+7|
+3|
+3|Bone Body[/table]

Weapon/Armour proficientsy: Boneshapers are proficient with all Martial/Simple weapons and All types of armour.

Bone weapon (Su): At 1st level, a Boneshaper may morph his hands into any Martial or simple weapon he is familiar with. The weapon is the exact same as it`s manufactured cousin, and even is counted as manufactured (Not natural). It takes 1 standard action to shape a weapon, and lasts untill recalled by the boneshaper. The weapon may not be thrown or dropped, as it is part of the boneshaper. At 3rd level, the Boneshaper is able to morph his hands into any exotic weapon his is familiar with. By 5th level the boneshaper has mastered the art of weapon shaping. He is able to turn his hands into any type of crossbow he is familiar with, and even shape ammo that may be shot.

Bone shape (Su): The Boneshaper is able to shape his hands (And arms) Into any handheld (Or slightly larger) mundane Item costing less than 25gp. He cannot shape fine things like Keys, but may shape less fine things like cups and hammers. The item folows the same restrictions as a shaped weapon.

Multi-Weapon shape (Su): At 2nd level, the Boneshaper is able to shape two weapons at once. Normal TWF penalties apply. Only one two handed weapon may be shaped at a time.

Shape sheild (Su): At 2nd level, the Boneshaper may shape a sheild in the place of a weapon. The same restrictions as Weapon Shaping apply.

Big Boned (Su): Your Mastery of your own bones allows you to grow by one size catagory at will, to a maximum of Huge. Growing and returing to normal size takes one full round action and can only increase you to one catagory larger then your original size. Example a medium Creatures uses this to become large.

Bone Body: You have become a master of your bones. Your flesh (Inside and outside) has been covered over by bones, granting you DR10/- and +8 AC with a +2 Dex limit. You may not wear metal armour once you gain this abbility. Shaping your bones is now a Swift action. You are immune to Non-Magical fire, and do not need to breath. You are immune to Sneak attacks. If you are reduced to -1 hp, you crumble to dust, dead. You gain a +4 Bonus to strength and a +2 Bonus to Constitution.

Aspect of bone: You are begining to show the traits of bone itself. At 3rd, 4th, 7th, and 9th level, you may choose a new aspect. You may only choose each aspect once, unless otherwise noted.

Strengthened Bone Marrow: You gain fast healing 1. This may only be selected at 7th level or higher. You may select this aspect twice to gain fast healing 2.

Toughness of bone: You gain a +2 Natural armour Bonus. You may select this aspect up to 3 times.

Favoured bone weapon: You may "Save" a certain bone weapon that can be recalled at any time a normal bone weapon can be recalled. This weapon saves and qualities it gains while shaped. This allows for it to be enchanted. The time that the weapon is not shaped is still counted towards effects that have a limited durration. At any time, you may lose any favoured bone weapon to be replaced by another. All the enchantments and removed after losing your old bone weapon in the place of another.

Fists of bone: When fighting unarmed, your fists grow bone spikes, granting you a +2 damage and attack bonus. You may select this aspect up to 2 times.

Shifting bones: You can rearange your bones in a way that you minic a changlings alter self ability. You gain the Shapechanger subtype.

Iregular Bone growth: You may gain one of the folowing: Two extra arms, or Two extra legs. You take a -6 attack penalty and only do 1/4 your strength bonus when fighting with the arms. The extra legs grant +10 base movement speed increase.

Bone Buddy: Yoo gain a Skeletal Companion who's HD is equal to 3/4ths your character level. You may change this creature by meditating for 12 hours. You may only have one Buddy at a time.

Shrinking bone: You may decrease your size by one catagory as if you where using the "Big Boned" class feature.

Toughness You gain the feat Toughness. Who doesn't want toughness?

---------------------------------

Any improvement I could add? Is this unblanced?

Dragero
2010-06-12, 12:18 PM
Added aspects and a weak backstory.

Frog Dragon
2010-06-12, 12:48 PM
This seems pretty nice, but I'll point out a few problems.
I'd give it some more prerequisites. As is, any warrior type could take this at level 9.
About formatting. Please use bolding or something for the ability names as such. Your table needs fixing as well.
I'd advice against giving penalties as a part of the last ability. There are many options you are banning with that capstone.
And then to the Aspects of Bone.
Some of them are poorly defined. I assume the Toughness of Bone is a natural armor bonus? It is not stated.
Fists of bone are problematic, because they allow you to throw your hit bonus way higher than you though. They can't be enchanted though, but it could become unbalancing.
Bone buddy needs limitations. Furthermore, HD is traditionally used for this. If I were playing this, I'd take Bone Buddy immediately and take one of those skeletal dragons with too many natural attacks and too many hit dice. It's broken.
Toughness sucks, over. I'd never take it.
Also, try to get rid of the dead level at level 6.

Edit: Copypaste the table below

BONESHAPER
{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
+1|
+2|
+0|
+0|Bone Weapon, Bone Shape (Martial)

2nd|
+2|
+3|
+0|
+0|Bone Shield, Multi-Bone Weapon

3rd|
+3|
+3|
+1|
+1|Bone Weapon (Exotic), Aspect of Bone

4th|
+4|
+4|
+1|
+1|Aspect of Bone

5th|
+5|
+4|
+1|
+1|Bone Weapon (Crossbow)

6th|
+6|
+5|
+2|
+2|

7th|
+7|
+5|
+2|
+2|Aspect of Bone

8th|
+8|
+6|
+2|
+2|Big Boned

9th|
+9|
+6|
+3|
+3|Aspect of Bone

10th|
+10|
+7|
+3|
+3|Bone Body[/table]

Dragero
2010-06-12, 03:40 PM
Thanks for the tips.

I'm trying to think of more prequisites, but none that would fit a morphic melee fighter some to mind.......Maybe just power attack? I wanted it to be fairly open for anybody to get into.

Anyways:

Lowered the number of times you can take Fists of bone

Made Bone buddy based on HD (Might just have to write up a list)

Fixxed wording on toughness of bone

Toughness is there for teh lulz

Added -4 dex on Bone body

Frog Dragon
2010-06-12, 04:25 PM
Ehm.. :smallconfused:
I said I'd advice against giving the capstone penalties. The -4 dex is just unnecessary. I was referring to it functioning as armor, which I think doesn't work that well. You still have a body slot with that, but no armor. I know it's supposed to replace armor, but you can't enchant it or anything. Apart from the DR and stat bonuses, it's a penalty, which kinda sucks. I'd recommend ditching the part about it working as armor.

Dragero
2010-06-12, 05:22 PM
It says no metal armour. You can still wear leather and enchant that, or should I just change it to no heavy armour?

I missread your capstone part :P