PDA

View Full Version : Summoning Fun

ShneekeyTheLost
2010-06-11, 09:41 PM
Okay, friend of mine is wanting to run a Druid which is relatively low on the power scale so that he doesn't completely outshine the rest of the party.

So he's going to go Nature Summoning crazy.

I know about Augment Summoning and Cloudy Conjuration. Are there any other feats which would be good for a summoning-focused druid?

Eldariel
2010-06-11, 09:54 PM
Okay, friend of mine is wanting to run a Druid which is relatively low on the power scale so that he doesn't completely outshine the rest of the party.

So he's going to go Nature Summoning crazy.

I know about Augment Summoning and Cloudy Conjuration. Are there any other feats which would be good for a summoning-focused druid?

Definitely. First:
Greenbound Summoning [Lost Empires of Faerun] - Early levels, this is unbeatable. Cast Speak with Plants and you'll have Entangle-casters in addition to incredible fighters. Shines for about levels 1-10.
Ashbound [Eberron Campaign Settings] - Doubles Summon-duration and gives 'em a handy +3 Luck to Hit; absolutely stellar on low levels when duration is an issue; should be a level 1 feat if possible.
Rashemi Elemental Summoning [Unapproachable East] - Incredible on the higher levels; the Elementals have awesome SLAs and overall, this just rocks but only around ~9+.

Some of those. Then:
Rapid Spell [Complete Divine] - You need this to Summon as a standard action (and to be able to Quicken your Summons). This is Adjustment +1, but get Ring of the Beast [Complete Champion] and your summons will count as one level higher to the maximum of the max level you can cast, effectively freely getting rid of the +1 Level Adjustment.
Imbued Summoning [Player's Handbook II] - Handy +1 Adjustment Metamagic for free buff to your summons; with Metamagic School Focus [Complete Mage] to rid of you the adjustment 3/day, it's quite good (Venomfire [Serpent Kingdom] as an automatic buff for example...incredible with Poison-using creatures).

EDIT: Oh yeah, and Beckon the Frozen [Frostburn] is a handy +1d6 damage for all your summons. Just be careful with especially Greenbound and Rashemi Elemental that you don't make them too strong.

Private-Prinny
2010-06-11, 09:54 PM
Greenbound Summoning (LEoF) and Rashemi Elemental Summoning (UE) are worth consideration.

Edit: Ninja'd.