PDA

View Full Version : Megaman.exe D20

Pages : [1] 2

GoblinGilmartin
2010-06-11, 11:44 PM
For my first real homebrew, i'm going to try to create a game based on the Megaman Battle Network series. I only have a few base ideas, such as:
*Elements=classes of sorts
*a random generation battlechip system

:smallsmile:Any suggestions are greatly appreciated:smallsmile:

Sintanan
2010-06-12, 03:49 AM
You might want to look at the rules for the Crusader's maneuvers from Tome of Battle, as they get random maneuvers on a round-by-round basis.

Atcote
2010-06-12, 05:28 AM
In the games the Elements are interchangeable for Mega Man depending on his armour (not so much for the other EXEs though). Will you be playing this like Megaman or the other unique EXEs?

GoblinGilmartin
2010-06-12, 11:45 AM
I was thinking that players would create their own unique navis, and then pick an element, and then as they level up, they could "multiclass" into different styles, so you wouldnt just be stuck as one element he whole game. Customization is my favorite part of the games, why get rid if a good thing?
:smallwink:

And i should clarify what i meant about the random chip system.
The player would have a set "deck" (just a list, no cards needed) of battle chips.
Every individual element starts with their own folder, which is slightly different from the other element's decks. Before battle, you would roll a d30 or whatever in order to get five random chips from the deck to fight with, so you just can't plan what you get, but you still have some idea. you woud have to use this for about ?ten rounds? or so, where you could then pick again.
As you beat enemies, or through buying new chips, you could customize your chip folder.

thank you both for replying so soon, the N00B that i am really appreciates it, and if you have any ideas for enemies,chips, or abilities, please post them here

I'll try to heve something that looks not entirely unlike a character sheet posted by, oh... wednesday

Jota
2010-06-12, 01:16 PM
I started this project a while ago, but never had the energy to finish it.

For starters, I would echo the Crusader idea, and my other suggestion (or rather, my idea for it when I was working on the translation) would be to use lower-powered maneuvers and have each maneuver be usable as an attack action rather than having standard action strikes.

Chip codes are something that I originally did not intend to incorporate, though if I had to I would suggest that the uniformity of one's folder scales with one's level. That is, at first level you have, say five or six different codes, each with five or six different chips under that umbrella. These gradually change, so that at each level you get to move one chip from one code to another, thus at level 20 you'd have 25 or 26 chips under one code, and the other four or five would be under whatever they were originally. Maybe at every even level you can choose one of the chips under your most prevalent code and make it an * type.

As to how to deal with the acquisition of and the quantity of chips available, I would suggest that at each level you get to replace two or three chips, new chips become available at odd levels, and replacement chips have the same code (if using the system above) as their outgoing counterparts, though that's only if said system were in place.

Thelas
2010-06-12, 01:45 PM
Ten rounds feels kinda long... (says the person who also gets impatient when he doesn't have FastCustom in the NaviCust and thus has to wait 8 seconds instead of 4... (and often ends up using 5 chips in 4 seconds...))

Maybe make it, say, 5 rounds, but use chip codes? As such, a one-coded folder can use a chip every chance they get, but an alphabet-soup folder, even though it might have insanely powerful chips, would only get to attack (not counting the buster or equivalent) once every 5 rounds...

The buster should be really weak, obviously... *points at BluesOmega's typical 3kish health and the default buster's 1 damage*... (though Blues is probably near-epic or epic in himself...)

Maybe allow someone to take -5 to hit to try for a counter (allowing Full Synchro) if you're basing it more off games than anime [maybe -10 against Navis?]

If you're basing it off anime, you'll want to work out hp values and skill mods, at least, for the net-ops for purposes of full-synchro.

GoblinGilmartin
2010-06-12, 02:56 PM
when you say codes, you are reffering to the letters on the chips, right? i havent played mmbn for a few months now, so my recollection is a bit fuzzy.

Thelas
2010-06-12, 03:27 PM
when you say codes, you are reffering to the letters on the chips, right? i havent played mmbn for a few months now, so my recollection is a bit fuzzy.

Yeah.

And since I can't send that by itself because of the minimum length --
Full list of chips in EXE3 by code: here (http://www.gamefaqs.com/gba/915457-mega-man-battle-network-3-blue/faqs/37751).
It might be of use.

GoblinGilmartin
2010-06-12, 03:48 PM
thanks for the link, i'll go through the whole thing later and then get back to you:smallbiggrin:
i don't think that i'll use the letter system though, i always found that so frusrating in the game

GoblinGilmartin
2010-06-12, 04:27 PM
could someone explaint the crusader thing to me? i can't seem to find much info on it

Jota
2010-06-12, 06:04 PM
In short, you have X number of maneuvers (scales with level), which are typically special attacks or buffing effects, and you begin combat with two of them, chosen at random. Each round afterward, you gain one more, also selected at random. It's in the Tome of Battle, if you care to learn it more in depth.

GoblinGilmartin
2010-06-12, 06:21 PM
i will look for it (or at least a pdf of it) when i can. Thanks.
it doesnt sound like a bad idea, but it may need tweaking for the megaman game i have in mind. maybe something closer to the MBN games, where you start with five random chips, and then you can exchange them for an equal number next time around

Oh, and the D&D feats system would be replaced my the NaviCust, or something similar for the purposes of the rpg

If this game were done, what would your custom navi be? if you tell me yours, i'll tell you mine!:smallsmile:

erikun
2010-06-13, 08:08 PM
I once came up with Lobsterman.EXE, an aqua-type with a bubbler cannon, close range claw attack and shell armor.

As far as the system, there will probably need to be changes made to transfer Battle Network into a good RPG system. I mean, you could have everyone keep track of 50 different cards at the table, rolling multiple sets of dice each time to see what cards you get next... but at that point, you're better off just making physical cards for everyone to shuffle and draw. Rolling 1d50, cross-referencing it on their list, crossing off cards that get used and re-rolling if you hit a used card is a lot of work to do each round, especially if someone typically goes through several cards. Slowing it down to once every 10 rounds means that most fights will never see it happen.

The Crusader idea sounds like a very good one. Most Crusaders have a rather small selection of maneuvers (five to ten, rather than 50) and randomly gain access to an unused one every round. This means they can wait while they eventually have access to all their maneuvers, or can spend them once a round as they keep regaining unspent ones. (They can also choose to "refresh" all spent maneuvers back into unspent ones, if I recall correctly.) It's not exactly the same, but it does have a similar feel, and it gives everyone some new tricks that they can personalize.

Changing feats into NaviCust sounds like an excellent idea. You might have problems if you give out tons of money that way, but it will allow any character a lot of flexibility.

I'm not sure how you would run classes. Possibly the best way would be similar to Mutants and Masterminds: rather than having classes, characters distribute points into what they want to be good at. High BAB, or high AC, or high saves, something like that. Of course, that system also uses points for powers (class abilities) and skills, and most people will end up putting full points into their attacks anyways. It's an option to consider.

How would elemental types work as classes? I mean, I could think of a dozen possible Aqua-type Navis, and none of them have any similarity besides being weak to electricity.

THEONEBOGGIE
2010-06-14, 04:22 PM
Sounds neat, i'd play it. btw, RYAN WHERE ARE MAH CHCIKEN MCNUGGETS NUGGETS!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? :smallfurious:

GoblinGilmartin
2010-06-14, 04:25 PM
Damn you luke! Shove off!

GoblinGilmartin
2010-06-14, 04:26 PM
lolololololololol!

GoblinGilmartin
2010-06-15, 11:26 AM
Disregaurding those last few posts, i've finally come up with the "races", they consist of stat bouses, and one chip that is used similar to megamans buster, and which get more powerful over time, meaning they can use it all the time, the "races" are as follows, with a vague physical description, accompanying bonuses, and buster type:

Boomer Type: Average build, Dexerity bonus, Minibomb as "buster"

Slasher Type:Thin, lanky build, Strength bonus, bonus to AC, sword as buster

Blocker Type:Large, tank-like build, Constitution Bonus, Bonus to AC, Barrier as buster

Healer Type: smaller build, usu. female navis, Wisdom Bonus, Hp+10 as buster

Cannoner Type:taller build Strength bonus, cannon as buster

these cannot be changed after choosing except by a long process of hacking that has yet to be decided.

further details later, oh, and other than the vague description of the build of the navi, they can look cosmetically however the player wants.

THEONEBOGGIE
2010-06-15, 01:17 PM
Sounds interesting though, very thurough, go for it!

THEONEBOGGIE
2010-06-15, 01:58 PM
oh! There should be elemental factors in combat, like if fireman fought iceman, things like that!

GoblinGilmartin
2010-06-15, 02:47 PM
oh! There should be elemental factors in combat, like if fireman fought iceman, things like that!

I'm planning on it. The races are above, and the "classes" that you can be are Fire, Electric, Aqua, Wood, Normal, possibly Dark, Metal, Wind etc., those you can multiclass in, change when certain conditions are met, so, say i create my navi, Graffitiman, and make him an aqua type, and you make a navi named, for the sake of arument, Heavyman, a metal type, metal is weak against Aqua, so Graffitiman's aqua-cannon type attack, would inflict extra damage against Heavyman, and would penetrate his metal-sheild type buster, fireman would get his butt kicked by Bubbleman, and plant man is roasted by fireman, and so on...

I think it sounds like a pretty good system, if a bit confusing at first.

Thelas
2010-06-15, 06:34 PM
Blocker Type:Large, tank-like build, Constitution Bonus, Bonus to AC, Barrier as buster

Healer Type: smaller build, usu. female navis, Wisdom Bonus, Hp+10 as buster

Problem.
These can't do damage.
Everything needs some non-chip way to do damage, or when these run out of chips in folder (the cap is usually 30, no?) they're screwed.

Code-wise:
Codes allow for the customization of a folder that attacks many times with weaker attacks vs. a folder that attacks once per turn with stronger attacks -
First, consider a weak folder, something someone might make in their first attempt:

M Cannon O
M cannon P
M cannon Q
Bubbler E x4
Bubslide E x4
BubV E x4
Heatshot J x4
Heatside J x4
HeatV J x4
Gutsman 2 G
Gutsman 3 G
Gutsman 4 G
Folderbak *

Other than Folderback, the rest of the folder is weak.
It uses SIX codes, weak navi-chips, and a letter-PA. (The reason letter-PAs are weak is you can only have one copy of each part, maybe two of one).

Now, consider this folder:

4 Sensor3 J
4 Prism J
3 HeatShot J
3 Heat-V J
3 HeatSide J
3 GrassStage J/*
3 Areagrab *
2 Shadow J/*
2 Invis *
1 Jealousy J
1 FoldrBak *
1 Fullcust * [preset]

It should be pretty obvious it'll hit a maximum of once-per-turn, but when it does hit... it'll hit with GrassStage doubing the damage, Prism using the unusual effect of Prism+Spreader to double again, and hit with a PA that already does what, 300? So if it hits, it'll hit for 1200, but at the cost of all five chips.

It's still not the greatest folder, though.

4 Slasher B
4 CstSwrd B
4 VarSwrd B
3 Invis *
2 Shadow *
2 Rook *
1 ProtomanV1 B
1 ProtomanV2 B
1 ProtomanV3 B
1 ProtomanV4 B
4 Atk+10 *
1 Atk+30 *
1 FoldrBak *
1 FullCust * [preset]

Yeah. Again, it'll only hit once per turn, but it's evasive, it gets two draws (probably of 10 thanks to CustomStyle)...
It's only got one code... the reason for the weaker Blues navichips are to allow for four copies of 2xHero (or if you need DeuxHero in an emergency, that too).
See, it isn't that hard to design within one code, and earlier it allows for people to not have a chip every combat round if we, say, use 5 rounds per custom-screen.

Also, re: NaviCust.
Are you going to make 4x4 the default or 5x5? It's 4x4 in the games, but that's kinda really tiny and 5x5 gives you much more room for customization.
Plus, you know, FastGauge can't be fit in a 4x4, and FastGauge is win.

GoblinGilmartin
2010-06-15, 06:55 PM
Problem.
These can't do damage.
Everything needs some non-chip way to do damage, or when these run out of chips in folder (the cap is usually 30, no?) they're screwed..

Hrm... good point. Maybe instead of a shield, it would be some sort of guts punch style attack, and healers could instead use...hrm... how about a boomerang, like roll or ring (from battle chip challenge)?

but then i'd have to think up a new catchy name for them, i can't use boomer again...JK

Thelas
2010-06-15, 08:26 PM
Hrm... good point. Maybe instead of a shield, it would be some sort of guts punch style attack, and healers could instead use...hrm... how about a boomerang, like roll or ring (from battle chip challenge)?

GutsPunch is too close to Sword, imo.
Either take a page from Blues in EXE5 and make the Sword-type buster a weaker WideSword, or use a different attack instead of GutsPunch.
Healers... I guess a boomerang, but that's kinda good.

oh wait.
use Guard/MetGuard for shield-type's buster? It CAN hurt the enemy if they're hit while shielding...

Thelas
2010-06-15, 08:52 PM
Navi-Customizer again.
WITH TABLES!

{TABLE]|1|2|3|4|5
A|||||
B|||||
C|||||
D|||||
E|||||
[/TABLE]

This represents an empty navi-cust.

Now, let's start by considering the program UnderShirt, a white program.
Don't forget that the command line is row C.
{TABLE]|1|2|3|4|5
A|||||
B||W1|||
C||W1|||
D|||||
E|||||
[/TABLE]
W1 - UnderShirt

This is how most of us think of it, I assume.
BUT. In EXE3, the first time you get UnderShirt...
{TABLE]|1|2|3|4|5
A|||||
B||W1|||
C||W1|W1||
D|||||
E|||||
[/TABLE]
W1 - UnderShirt

This is what you have, and you have to compress it down to the former with a button code.
Maybe allow training (a NaviCustomization skill check? I don't know) to compress?

I'm going to skip the rest of the tutorial and place in some more parts into our customizer.
{TABLE]|1|2|3|4|5
A|||||
B||Y1||
C||W1|||
D||W1|W2||
E|||||
[/TABLE]
W1 - UnderShirt
Y1 - Charge+1
W2 - Speed+1

What's that you're saying?
I put two white parts next to each other?
Good point.
Bugs
This sort of a situation creates a bug.
Here's my proposed situation for bug resolution (this applies to placing a plus part on the command line (Type 2) or placing two parts of the same color next to each other (Type 3). it does not apply to placing a program part off the command line (Type 1) or placing a part not supported by the current StyleChange (we'll use NormalStyle for this example, so our valid colors are WYP) (Type 4). Those will be covered later.

First, count the total number of squares occupied by the bugged pieces. (Take one bug at a time... if three white pieces are next to each other, that's one bug, but if two white pieces are next to each other on one side of the customizer and two purple pieces are on the other side, that's two bugs. If we have a plus part on the command line, this is just the number of squares the plus part occupies.)
UnderShirt is 2 squares, Speed+1 is 1 square, that's a total of 3.
Then determine the type of the most significant part. We'll define this as follows: take the biggest program part involved in the error. If there are no program parts, take the biggest plus part. In a tie, choose the one that is most expensive to purchase at a shop. If both cannot be purchased or are the same price, the DM picks whichever will be most harmful.
TYPE: a part has one of several types.
Examples:

Buster enhancement (Speed+1, AttackMax)
HP+ (this should be obvious)
Defensive (UnderShirt, SuperArmor, BugStop would be in here, but it never bugs, obviously)
Custom (Custom+1)
Miscellaneous (SetGreen)
All-around (SaitoBatch)

Consult this table.
{TABLE]Type|Bug
Buster enhancement|Buster misfires 1 in (8 - T) times, maximum 1 in 2.
HP+|HP drain at a rate of ((hp granted by part) * T) / 200, minimum 1, per round.
Defensive|1 in 3 chance of starting an encounter confused, as the D&D spell, for 1d4 rounds.
Custom|At the start of the battle, BEFORE locating the regular chip, draw T chips from your folder, at random. If the regular chip is in them (the specific copy, not one of the same chip), remove all the chips from the folder and fight the first round with only your buster. Otherwise, you lose those removed chips, but otherwise fight normally. (If no regular chip is assigned when this bug is triggered, a regular chip must be chosen by the player of the Navi or determined randomly.)
Miscellaneous|Choose one of the above four effects at random.
All-around|Lose (T * 10)% of your max HP, maximum 70%. I know it's a lot, but SaitoBatch is broken. If they're foolish enough to bug it, they deserve it.
[/TABLE]

Those are just quick ideas.
T is the total number of squares involved in the bug.
I know Custom sucks, but I have no better idea.

Now back to the customizer.

{TABLE]|1|2|3|4|5
A|Y1||Y1||
B|Y1|Y1|Y1||
C||W1|||
D||W1|||
E|||||
[/TABLE]
W1 - UnderShirt
Y1 - Custom1

What are you going to complain about now? I put a program part off the command line?
Oh boo hoo.
A type 1 error causes no bugs, it just wastes space. Unless you're mean, then it causes a bug.

{TABLE]|1|2|3|4|5
A|||||
B||O1|O1|O1|
C||O1|O1|O1|
D||O1|O1|O1|
E|||||
[/TABLE]
O1 - SaitoBatch

There, happy?
The part is on the command line.
It's not touching any other parts at all, let alone any other parts of the same color.

What are you saying now?
I can't use ORANGE parts?

A type 4 error prevents a compile.
*Cue NaviCustomization skill check*
Okay, there we go.

Now what is it?
SaitoBatch?
Yeah, it's fine.
There are only 4 types of bugs, right?

What are you saying, the power of all the styles combined will stress Rockman.EXE's body? Nah, it can't be that bad...

*BATTLE*
{TABLE]A1|A2|A3|F1|F2|F3
|||||
|R||M||
|||||
[/TABLE]
R - RockMan.EXE (500/500)
M - Mettaur1 (40/40)

What's THAT? Why is RockMan's HP only 500 and not 1000 like it should be?
*phone call from Dr. Hikari*
Type 5 bugs
Certain parts cause bugs. Unless BugStopper is used with them, that bug occurs even if the part is properly placed. However, the part can be also involved in another bug, so don't just misplace all these pieces.

And that's enough on this topic for today.
Thoughts, everyone? Especially the OP.

We need crunch for this - prices (in zenny), DCs, etc.
But for now, this should do.

Next time... who knows? We'll utterly annhilate through PAs that bridge when we come to it.

Roderick_BR
2010-06-16, 12:28 AM
The only good advice I can give is how the element thing works as "class".
There's the neutral navis, like Mega himself, and element navis, that gain both a weakness against an oposing element, and some sort of additional special power. usually some default special attack he has almost always available, or bonuses when using attacks with his element.

Thelas
2010-06-16, 06:06 AM
DARKCHIPS

[version 1.0 - assuming we're using a RMEXE-style hp system and thus, for example, the starting hp of a NormNavi1 is 100]

A darkchip is an extremely powerful chip, generally as powerful as a Program Advance. Examples: (for this, some chips are made up by me.)

DrkSword = BetaSword (LifeSword, for those of you who don't like Japanese names)
DrkBarr = Barr500
Please note that "dark" chips, such as Serenade, Bass+, or even "DarkAura" are not darkchips for our purposes here. Those chips just have a prerequisite of either the DarkLicense program in the customizer or having a Hole on the terrain field (a Hole created by the Hole chip, obviously...)

When a darkchip is chosen on the Custom Screen at the beginning of a set of five turns, one hit point is immediately and permanently drained. There is no way to get it back. At all. Period. I don't care if a wizard 20 teleports in from Planescape at the same time as an Essence 10 Solar from Exalted and they both spend their rest of their lives on the problem. IT CAN'T BE DONE.
AT ALL.

I think I made that point.

Now, as we should all know, a DarkChip has another functionality.

When a navi is "in trouble", a DarkChip is more likely to appear.
Two ways can be used to simulate this, at the GM's discretion.
1) GM choice: the GM just calls for the DarkChip whenever and it replaces the first chip drawn that turn.
2) HP damage: once a Navi has less than one-quarter of their max HP, place an additional three copies of the DarkChip in their folder. As soon as one is drawn, remove them all. This is only to be used if the GM directs you to.

(In a more traditional system, with 8 hit points or so at first level, we need to take care to maintain the allure of DarkChips by making the cost seem (but not be) extremely small. I will leave this decision for someone else, though.)

One last thing. Though a DarkChip is powerful, as much so as using three or more chips in succession, it should not cost very much if it is available for sale (and if it is, it won't always be marketed as a DarkChip, not least because it's not a guarantee the seller will recognize it.)

The following Knowledge(BattleChips) DCs grant information about DarkChips:
20: The existence of DarkChips and that they are tempting but not to be used. (In a time of high alert, such as, in the games, EXE5, this first DC is reduced by 10 and the next one by 5.) This includes recognizing any given chip as a DarkChip or not a DarkChip. (On a failure, the result "not a DarkChip" is produced for all chips.)
25: The exact mechanical effects of use of DarkChips and the name of one DarkChip.
30: The organization who, in the GM's campaign, is responsible for spreading DarkChips and the name of one member of that organization. The effects of DarkChips on synchro ability and the personality of a Navi.

Next time... the second half of the DC 30 information.

The_Admiral
2010-06-16, 06:26 AM
I found this though it is not complete
http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/megaman-battle-network-d20/wikis/main-page

GoblinGilmartin
2010-06-16, 09:17 AM
I found this though it is not complete
http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/megaman-battle-network-d20/wikis/main-page

Actually, Obsidian Portal is where i got a few of my base ideas from before i started this, thanks for the link though

GoblinGilmartin
2010-06-16, 09:24 AM
I finally got down to creating a character sheet, it's only one page so it is probably incomplete, and if anyone has a logo for the top corner to submit, be my guest. And, i forgot to think about adding a NaviCust, so i'll put that on page two, or just re-vamp the first page.

I'll post it when i figure out how...

erikun
2010-06-16, 02:38 PM
I was thinking about this, and probably the best "default" Navi would be one with a basic virus buster cannon. Most of the NetNavis in the game are shown having at least some kind of minor ranged attack, and it would fit with the theme of the MegaMan universe if all characters possessed the basic ranged attack. Remove the whole "ranged attacks provoke AoO" thing from the d20 system, though. Mega Man never got kicked in the shins for blasting someone in the face.

For classes, you're probably better off taking a cue from d20 Modern and focusing them on what a character can do, rather than D&Dish classes. For example, the Bomber class would gain the ability to charge shots, with higher levels gaining more levels of charges and faster charging. The Blues class would gain a close range blade attack, with higher levels learning to shield/deflect attacks and more varied sword attacks.

Elemental classes would be more like 5-level prestige classes. Something like: 1st level - elemental type, 2nd level - elemental buster shots, 3rd level - elemental type advantages (swimming in water, etc), 4th level - elemental charged buster type, something at 5th level.

I also think that taking another cue from d20 Modern and making the "base classes" only 10 levels and the "prestige classes" merely requiring a specific level for entry. Feats would ideally be used for the benefit of the character, not prestige class entry. Making base classes 10 levels means you could vary the character more - if you make them 20 levels, then a character would only be 'half a swordfighter' if they wanted to learn how to charge shot or pick up an elemental type. You can always include a "Master Blues" prestige class for those interested in focusing on swordfighting for all 20 levels, after all.

THEONEBOGGIE
2010-06-16, 02:59 PM
WOW! Lots of contributors eh gilgamesh? Glad to see such a booming community here! :smallwink:

GoblinGilmartin
2010-06-16, 03:19 PM
yes, i was planning on a progression system for the characters, after all, in the manga, megamans buster starts out as small bursts of energy, but by the end of the epilogue, he is shooting solid, physical bullets the size of dog houses at protoman.

As for "classes", I wasn't planning on making them like actual classes from dnd, in this game, they really are just the base "races" with a few boosters and element specializations, for all intents and purposes, the races at the beginning are effectively the classes.

Thelas
2010-06-16, 08:04 PM
Before I continue - mastergilgamesh? Are you finding my stuff helpful at all or just useless?

GoblinGilmartin
2010-06-17, 09:17 AM
Before I continue - mastergilgamesh? Are you finding my stuff helpful at all or just useless?

No, most definately helpful, you pointing out that healers and blockers couldn't do damage made sense. And all your data on the NaviCust is definetaly useful.

The_Admiral
2010-06-17, 09:22 AM
And for the battlechips i think you should use cards

GoblinGilmartin
2010-06-17, 11:39 AM
And for the battlechips i think you should use cards

why? It would just be something more to bog down gameplay, at least, in my opinion, why would you use cards?

THEONEBOGGIE
2010-06-17, 12:06 PM
people like card battle games? i agree with gilgamesh though, it'd be a waste of time to make cards for it, just like how it was a waste of time for D&D to make cards, its just unessecary...

GoblinGilmartin
2010-06-17, 12:36 PM
If this game was complete, would you prefer a race with just a regular one-point-of-damage buster which you can slowly upgrade? or should i just stick with the races i have, like the one with the cannon (which i originally called Busters, but that would need to change), input greatly appreciated.

If you respond to this, please quote this message

Thelas
2010-06-17, 01:52 PM
I think he's recommending cards because chips are random and it's that or a d30.

*goes to find where he put his d30*

I'd say a 1/10C10/1 buster. That is, 1 damage but a rate of 10 attacks per chip slot, or 10 damage but 1 attack per chip slot. (Then we could make some chips take up 2.5 slots (time taken to use) or something, I suppose, if we wanted.)

GoblinGilmartin
2010-06-17, 02:09 PM
So, instead of using all 5 chip slots, they can use up 1 slot to use their buster, sort of like that i-dont-know-what-it-is where you can have one chip stored on memory and accessable right at the start of the battle? Could you clarify that a bit? You've obviously thought this through very thoroughly, but you've gotten ahead of me. Because the whole point of a buster is that you can use it when your slots are depleted.

Here, how about this, your (mega)busters base damage is equal to your level, and then you can use the navicust system to further add upgrades to your hearts content.

btw chips should be random, that's the whole point, you have 30 chips stored on a list, each slot on the list is numbered, and you roll a d30 (which isn't really that complex, it's just 1d10+1d20) to recieve your five chips which you can choose from applying them to your 5 slots.

BTW2 Damage delt by a "buster" (whatever your race's buster is) is the same element as your "class" a fire-slasher navi's sword deals fire damage.

Gruffard
2010-06-17, 03:18 PM
Ah forgetting something 1d10 + 1d20 yeilds a 2-30 range that favors the numbers around 16 more then the ends.

Its like when you roll 2d6, it averages 7, but rarely shows a 2 or a 12.

With the list idea is that you "draw" 5, roll all 5 not much problems, but then you use a few, and you cross or mark them off your list. Plus when you go to refill, you roll your 3 new chips, but one of them is a chip you used already, and you have to roll again, before you know it you might need to roll like 5 times for one more chip when you get near the end of your supply. (say used like 24 of the 30 or so).

Cards on the other hand, it seems like a lot of setup, it is a bit, but makes faster implementation of randomness. Dunno if you play 4E, but power cards that can be flipped over is godsend. It helps make battles run smoother. Its just a suggestion.

GoblinGilmartin
2010-06-17, 03:30 PM
Ah forgetting something 1d10 + 1d20 yeilds a 2-30 range that favors the numbers around 16 more then the ends.

you forget, a d10 is not 1-10, it is 0-9, so, while i agree that it is unlikely, it is possible to roll a one, and averages are for statistics majors, not "average" gamers, what is rolled is rolled.

I run on 3.5E, and a list makes new chips easier to make, if you were to do that for an average DnD-esque game, you would be making a new card every few hours, and that would get old fast.

And to solve the problem of the depleting chips, the Dm could just choose which chips you get out of the five or six left.
No system is perfect...

Thelas
2010-06-17, 03:47 PM
If you're numbering the d10 0-9, you can't get a 30 on d20+d10.

And the problem is, in the games (other than your regular chip, which we can implement easily), you have the same chance of drawing any chip you haven't yet used - once you use a chip, you can't draw it again, obviously.
On d30 by itself, you'll have to reroll a lot as you end up with chips you've already drawn.

On 1d20+1d10...
You can only roll a 2 (or 1, if we're numbering it 0-9) in one way: 1 (or 0) + 1.
You can roll a 20 in 10 ways: 10 + 10 (or 0 + 20, if 0-9), 9 + 11, 8 + 12, 7 + 13, 6 + 14, 5 + 15, 4 + 16, 3 + 17, 2 + 18, 1 + 19.
Thus, you're 10 times more likely to get a 20 than a 2 (or 1, if 0-9).

Cards are probably the best.

And what I was thinking is just you use up one "chip"'s worth of actions to shoot the buster (so probably a standard action to fire one charged shot or 10 1-damage shots).

Gruffard
2010-06-17, 04:03 PM
Not saying you have to make a card with all the stats, just take an idex card with the name, use it goes to the discard. Works alot like the list but without a reroll or law of averages problem the list has. Now if the players wants to make a full list he can, but the cards with the Tomb of nines character, I just wrote the name and the page number and thats that.

Again your system just trying to toss ideas out that might be easy to run. Since the biggest problem any homebrew change of core rules tend to have is bog downed turn speed. which can be a turn off or at least an annoyance.

GoblinGilmartin
2010-06-17, 04:35 PM
besides, dice rolling is fun!

Thelas
2010-06-17, 07:14 PM
There isn't really an efficient dice-based system for chip drawing.

Shuffling a deck together, grabbing 5 cards (Chip name and code letter should really be enough)... takes me... you know what, let's test it.
*grabs 30 magic cards*

I'll time how long it takes me to shuffle, draw 5, and read all 5 names out loud.

23.174 seconds.

And that's a proper shuffle, too.

Whereas, using a die roller and a table I made up extremely quickly...
1 minute 14.981 seconds.
More than three times the time with cards.

So cards are almost certainly superior... it's a very simple system. Take 30 index cards, write chip names and codes, shuffle at start of battle, draw 5 (or more depending on customizer), choose those you'll use, discard the chips at end of turn or when used, and draw back up to 5 (or more depending on customizer).

The_Admiral
2010-06-17, 09:32 PM
finally someone agrees with me

GoblinGilmartin
2010-06-18, 11:53 AM
Thelas, CannonAlchemist, you have broken me:smallfrown:... I absolutely agree. But i thought of something that would work also, or at least be similar.:smallbiggrin:

On the character sheet that i have made, there is an empty list that you fill in with the chips you have in your folder, each slot is numbered. What you could do is, so it is reusable, is take something like poker chips or similar and put numbers on each, then draw them out of a bag, and then just check the numbers on the chips (poker) to the numbers on the chip (battle) list.

paper cards are, I.M.H.O, flimsy and lose-able, but it does seem like the best option. I guess we'll run with it:tongue:

GoblinGilmartin
2010-06-18, 01:34 PM
here is a link to my google docs where my character sheet is, tell me what you think, any suggestions?

http://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B83ylMdMLrBLYzZiZjkxZjEtZTBkYy00OTdhLTg5Y TUtNmNjNDU5NzAzYWFk&hl=en

The_Admiral
2010-06-18, 07:27 PM
I dont think anyone can give any suggestions because the link is broken

Thelas
2010-06-18, 07:49 PM
here is a link to my google docs where my character sheet is, tell me what you think, any suggestions?

http://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B83ylMdMLrBLYzZiZjkxZjEtZTBkYy00OTdhLTg5Y TUtNmNjNDU5NzAzYWFk&hl=en

You probably gave us the wrong link. Use the Share menu to link from google docs, please.

GoblinGilmartin
2010-06-18, 09:48 PM
try this one then:
http://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B83ylMdMLrBLYzZiZjkxZjEtZTBkYy00OTdhLTg5Y TUtNmNjNDU5NzAzYWFk&sort=name&layout=list&num=50

The_Admiral
2010-06-19, 04:46 AM
Is the photo really necessary?
Also you haven't added in a feat and skill list

Thelas
2010-06-19, 06:47 AM
We're (supposedly) replacing feats with the customizer, but I'm not sure about skills.

We need to revise the hp formula, because I think you said we were using a base 100 hp? Perhaps the standard (like Rockman) class uses 100 + 40 hp per level or something?

The chip #s are kinda out of alignment, see if you can fix that.

Put somewhere for chip damage.

If classes are elements, how does multiclassing work?

How often is a custom screen? I'd say 30 seconds (5 combat rounds) should work, or we could make it every 3 rounds and make certain "utility" chips (such as Recovery chips, Invisible/Mole/Shadow/etc..., or anything that stops time (NaviChips, for example)) usable as swift actions.

We need to also start statting out all the battlechips.

I'll start, I guess.

001 Cannon
Element: None
Damage: 40
Accuracy Class: B [This is a new mechanic I'm suggesting, see below for details].
Range: 60 ft. line. [Estimated, might need to be changed]. Hits only first valid target.
Legal Codes: A B C D E * [This is needed for the PAs listed below.]
-------------

Accuracy Classes:
- S: automatic hit or close. Eg: Blues, any chip attacking a Prism.
- A: a sword chip or similar, for a TRAINED SWORD USER only. (Blues using a sword chip is of accuracy A. GutsMan uses it at C.) Any chip more accurate than Cannon. (Eg: MarkCannon)
- B: Cannon or similar (fast) chip.
- C: untrained use of sword-type chips.
- D: slow chips (mini-bombs).
- E: extremely slow chips (Quake, Cannonball)

An S chip always hits unless the GM overrules it, an A chip has +5 to hit, a B chip has +2 to hit, a C chip has -2 to hit, a D chip has -5 to hit, an E chip has -10 to hit.

This allows for stuff like the 300 damage of Cannonball (iirc?) to be balanced.

Program Advances involving Cannon chips (and no chips after chip 001)
- ZetaCannon1:
Cannon A, Cannon B, Cannon C
Cannon B, Cannon C, Cannon D
Cannon C, Cannon D, Cannon E
Use the cannon chip as a standard action whenever you want for the next three rounds - it deals three hits instead of 1 per use.
- OmegaCannon1:
Cannon A, Cannon B, Cannon C, Cannon D, Cannon E
Use the cannon chip as a standard action whenever you want for the next five rounds - it deals three hits instead of 1 per use.

Now, if every poster does this we'll be through the library pretty quickly.

The_Admiral
2010-06-19, 08:11 AM
How about chips like air shot?

Thelas
2010-06-19, 09:03 AM
I'd rule it like Cannon, probably, but the target is forced to move... 10 ft back, I'd say?

The_Admiral
2010-06-19, 10:55 AM
oh
anyway how about leveling up how much exp is needed?

GoblinGilmartin
2010-06-19, 11:21 AM
1.We're (supposedly) replacing feats with the customizer, but I'm not sure about skills.

2.We need to revise the hp formula, because I think you said we were using a base 100 hp? Perhaps the standard (like Rockman) class uses 100 + 40 hp per level or something?

3.The chip #s are kinda out of alignment, see if you can fix that.

4.Put somewhere for chip damage.

5.If classes are elements, how does multiclassing work?

6.How often is a custom screen? I'd say 30 seconds (5 combat rounds) should work, or we could make it every 3 rounds and make certain "utility" chips (such as Recovery chips, Invisible/Mole/Shadow/etc..., or anything that stops time (NaviChips, for example)) usable as swift actions..

okay... from the top:
1.feats will now be the customizer, but skills, i don't know, because a few of them don't really seem to apply to the world i'm thinking of,let me run down the list: Appraise (maybe if you were handling mystery data)
Handle Animal (Can't see much use for that)
Ride (how often have you seen a navi riding something?)
Climb (I don't remember there being many surfaces to climb ingame),
Spellcraft (i just don't think so)

I know that this is not a huge list, but what we have left over afterwords may need some tweaking.

2. 40 seems like a bit much, maybe 10 or 20 would be better, but tell me your reason for saying 40

3.will do!

4.you mean the amount of damage done by a chip? that can go under description, it doesnt seem like much space maybe, but i think that just putting down something like, say the words 40 dmg would suffice, but if it becomes a problem, i can fix it in two minutes

5.here is where it gets hard for me to explain. because i have not %100 figured that out. simple version: you select a new element at the next level if you wish, but this sounds boring, so give me some time, Interesting version: After a certain number of battles, you get the opportunity to go through a style change, which allows you to change your "class" element

Over the course of this week, i'll really begin to put some thought into mapping out what each class does, other than look pretty:smallwink:

6. I think that the custom screen should take slightly more time then that, because one gameplay element i liked was the "sweat it out loser! we're making you use your buster" period of time that i always had to wait after using up my chips, it may give people some time to think about using their chips wisely

i hope i answered all of the questions you have, i can put any necessary changes in the character sheet next go-around, but let me ask, do you think it needs to be two pages (back-to-front)?:smallconfused: :smallsmile:

GoblinGilmartin
2010-06-19, 11:23 AM
oh
anyway how about leveling up how much exp is needed?

probably about the same as a level up in DnD, but we could also make it a system where you need a certain number of battles.

I'm still thinking on it

GoblinGilmartin
2010-06-19, 11:45 AM
001 Cannon
Accuracy Class: B [This is a new mechanic I'm suggesting, see below for details].
Range: 60 ft. line. [Estimated, might need to be changed]. Hits only first valid target.
Legal Codes: A B C D E * [This is needed for the PAs listed below.]

Great idea, Great work, Though don't know if i want the accuracy system to go quite so low, other wise it looks great

I thought that cannon PAs gave you one huge blast before letting use cannon as a free action

Thelas
2010-06-19, 03:32 PM
Forte (Bass) rides Gospel in the anime, if memory serves, so I've seen exactly one navi riding something.
I said 40 because, well, let's compute what level Rockman would be for various values of hp.
100 + 10 per level) with 1000 hp (the standard cap), that's level 91. NO.
100 + 20 per level) level 46. still too high.
100 + 40 per level) level 23. too high, imo, but sounds about right.

Plus, a basic Cannon does 40 damage... I think about one cannon hit per character level is about right.
Maybe vary the hp depending on class?
GutsMan, for example, might gain 400 + 50 per level while GyroMan gains 100 + 15 per level or something.

Remember, we're using chip codes.
When I use a one-coded properly built folder that doesn't just go into PAs, it's rare that I go a combat round and actually have to use the buster (that's what a preset FullCust is for).
When I use a seven-coded alphabet soup folder, 5 rounds means 4 required buster attacks (or 40 uncharged) most of the time.

AT LEAST two pages are necessary. Grab your nearest EXE game and look at how many chips you have possession of. Yeah, you probably have a lot, unless you've been abusing a chip-trader. With virus encounters that don't really take much out of the PCs, they'll get quite a few chips.

Spellcraft could be repurposed to chip-knowledge or something?

Cannon PAs:
In EXE6, for example, we have a Cannon PA that just is basically the Cannon-equivalent of life-sword. I don't like that... imo, there should be only a rare few chips, INCLUDING PAs, with power exceeding 200. (200 because that's the LifeAura's magic number).
In EXE2 or 3, the Cannon PAs do pretty much what I said.
A free action won't work, you can't use Cannon PAs at the same rate as your buster (because at the very least they cause flinch) and we made buster only 10/round.
Now, if you've watched the anime, you know that PAs require "synchro" between the Navi and human, at least at some level - consider the example of βSword (Lifesword, for those of you who don't use the japanese names) and Netto's (Lan's) training to use βSword before he fights Blues (Protoman).
I would recommend either adding a navi-synchro mechanic, which I'm not exactly sure how to do (we could model it off of the affiliation system in Complete Champion and other books?) or taking a simpler option and just requiring Full-Synchro (the usual -5 to hit to aim for a counter on the previous attack) to use a PA et al.

Hitting a moving navi with a cannon is a lot easier than hitting them with a cannonball - I'd say a 60% accuracy penalty is about reasonable (+2 - (-10) = 12, 12 *5 = 60).

When a navi is solo, they can only use their buster. We know this, it happens in EXE3 (iirc). In addition, they obviously can't synchro or anything.
We need to make buster-only combat viable, then, at least against weak foes such as mets.

I think that's about all for now.

GoblinGilmartin
2010-06-19, 03:54 PM
Like HD, each element has a different number added, or, no, wait...

Maybe we should just use hit die? otherwise higher level navis would have a clear, undeniable advantage over others

Maybe we should just have something like an optional page that is just chip storage, or half storage, half N.cust?

And i remember when i fought Duo at the end of MBN4 red on my second(?) playthrough, he had, what... 2000hp? anywho, when i added up the possible damage of my decked out folder, which included the red sun chip, among others, and it only added up to approximately 1500 TOTAL damage, the damage dealt if i'd managed to hit every single time meaning that i'd need to deal about at least 600 megabuster damage in order to make my job easier, which, even with a buster attack of 5, still took a few tries. so the buster is still pretty important.

(did any of what i just wrote apply to this situation?)

Thelas
2010-06-19, 04:09 PM
No, I wouldn't say HD should be used. I think Rock should destroy most any NormNavi1.

Unless Enzan is the net-op.
Which brings up an important question.
Net-ops will need at least an hp stat for Synchro effects. But we'll want other stats of some sort.

Thoughts?

A navi-cust and chip storage page is pretty much needed.

Well, let's add up the damage of a good Blues one-code folder.

Get rid of FolderBack, because that makes it infinite.
Assume one Atk+30 and four Atk+10s.
The damage of a 2xHero PA (of which we obviously have four) is 700.
But each attack +10 adds 100 and each +30 adds 300.
So the total damage of the folder, WITHOUT FolderBack, is 2800 + 400 + 300 = 3500.
Yeah.

GoblinGilmartin
2010-06-19, 05:26 PM
Get rid of FolderBack, because that makes it infinite.
Assume one Atk+30 and four Atk+10s.
The damage of a 2xHero PA (of which we obviously have four) is 700.
But each attack +10 adds 100 and each +30 adds 300.
So the total damage of the folder, WITHOUT FolderBack, is 2800 + 400 + 300 = 3500.
Yeah.

Well, that may be, but that level of thought put into something like this is reserved for uber-players like yourself. Not everyone is as intellegent as someone like you.
Point taken though...

We don't HAVE to use HD, it would be much simpler without them

As for the net-op, originally i was thinking that the player should be considered net-op, but then i started thinking about skills..
perhaps the operator PC could split certain skills with his navi, like the operator could learn Knowlege (Hacking) or something like that while the navi gets something more like Knowlege (Virus-Busting). But they would need separate skills lists, and that would make things a bit cluttered.

Anyway, back to the HP, I think that the races should determine gained points, because, to me at least, the race is the core of the navi, unlike in DnD where it just provides character background and minor bonuses.
I'll need to run the numbers (not literally).

Thelas
2010-06-19, 08:19 PM
Well, that may be, but that level of thought put into something like this is reserved for uber-players like yourself. Not everyone is as intellegent as someone like you.
Point taken though...

"uber-players"? I don't even have full completion on EXE3, and that's my favorite. (I'm missing DarkMan V3 and V4, and my friend has to give me the MistMan series from White, then I can move on to the Omega bosses and PA completion, then Giga Chip completion...) And that folder's makeable pretty much just after you beat Serenade for the first time, too.

As for the net-op, originally i was thinking that the player should be considered net-op, but then i started thinking about skills..
perhaps the operator PC could split certain skills with his navi, like the operator could learn Knowlege (Hacking) or something like that while the navi gets something more like Knowlege (Virus-Busting). But they would need separate skills lists, and that would make things a bit cluttered.

Full-synchro. Canonically... any damage a NetNavi suffers in synchro is redirected to the operator. [cf. anime and manga] It isn't in the game for confusion reasons, probably, but we could put it in here.

Anyway, back to the HP, I think that the races should determine gained points, because, to me at least, the race is the core of the navi, unlike in DnD where it just provides character background and minor bonuses.
I'll need to run the numbers (not literally).
The core of FireMan is his element (fire).
The core of Blues is his sword-specialization (and insane skill, but that's just being high-level.)
The core of Rockman is his insane customization ability (folders, navicust, doublesoul, style change, beastover/out, the old PowerUPs and armors...).
And I think you should literally run the numbers, as well.

I notice a lack of other people typing up chips.
Chip Library 002-010 listings, so that maybe we can get something:
002) HiCannon
003) M-Cannon
004) AirShot1
005) AirShot2
006) AirShot3
007) LavaCan1
008) LavaCan2
009) LavaCan3
010) Volcano

I'll do more, but I'd like to see someone else working on chips before I invest myself too much into this.

I think our first goal should be to be able to run a 1v1 navi-combat.
Just base navis (normal-types, 1st level, different races maybe if you were saying make races stuff like "healer" or "defender") with different folder.
Once we can do that, I'll start statting viruses and stuff and our next goal can be to run a party of four navis vs. let's say a 5x3 round survival battle (5 battles, 3 viruses per battle, folders refresh at start of each battle).
Is that a good goal, do you think, or do you have better ideas?
[For the purposes of this base, we can ignore NaviCust and skills and just run with race/class/folder].

And you know what, why not...
Let's look at a navi-chip, so that we have my suggestion of what they should look like.

M23 Roll
Power: 20x3, -60.
Range: One target within 60 ft.
Effect: Attacks a target for 3 hits of 20 damage, then cures the user for 60. The cure effect functions regardless of the attack's success. An atk+10 instead acts as an atk+10 for the first part and a recov30 added to the healing.
Accuracy: S
Special: Roll's target is not chosen normally. The only valid target is the nearest one.
Program Advances involving M23 Roll and any standard chips:
- BigHeart:
HolyPanel R, Recov300 R, Roll R
HolyPanel R, Recov300 R, Roll V2 R
HolyPanel R, Recov300 R, Roll V3 R
HolyPanel R, Recov300 R, Roll V4 R
- Power: 50x9, -300.
All else functions as Roll (an atk+10 adds recov90 to the second part)

GoblinGilmartin
2010-06-19, 08:39 PM
Here, if this helps, i started a new game on my MBN3B, and i took inventory of the very first, standard, non-edited chip folder:

Cannon A
Cannon A
Cannon B
Cannon B
ShotGun J
ShotGun J
ShotGun J
V-Gun D
V-Gun D
V-Gun D
SideGun S
AirShot1 *
AirShot1 *
AirShot1 *
MiniBomb B
MiniBomb B
MiniBomb S
Sword L
Sword L
Sword L
WideSwrd L
PanelOut1 B
PanelOut1 B
AreaGrab L
Recov10 A
Recov10 A
Recov10 L
Recov10 L
Atk+10 *
Atk+10 *

oh, and i like how the anime deals with areagrab chips, have you seen? They act like short-range teleports.

And as usual, i can' really sit down right now and plan out chips, but i'll put some time away later.

Blues would be considered a slasher race, fireman might be considered a cannon race, rockman is a buster race, roll is a boomer, Kingman might be considered a blocker, and so on

I never even got to serenade, but i have got, at least i think, almost full completion on 4 red sun, i've beaten Duo about 3-4 times, and i have all the styles from red, but not from blue

Thelas
2010-06-19, 09:35 PM
Yeah, I like anime Area Steal, we'll probably want to use it (dim. door effect with less range?)

And imo the starting folder in the games is insanely weak. I'd prefer to start with the equivalent of an extra-folder, to allow for choice.

GoblinGilmartin
2010-06-19, 10:30 PM
Yeah, I like anime Area Steal, we'll probably want to use it (dim. door effect with less range?)

And imo the starting folder in the games is insanely weak. I'd prefer to start with the equivalent of an extra-folder, to allow for choice.

what would generally be the startup folders for each class?

The_Admiral
2010-06-19, 11:38 PM
How about handling weak viruses like 4e minions because in the anime rockman could take out a mettaurs with a single shot from his buster.

GoblinGilmartin
2010-06-19, 11:43 PM
How about handling weak viruses like 4e minions because in the anime rockman could take out a mettaurs with a single shot from his buster.

dude... this isnt 4E, they are incompatable, and the anime doesnt have numerical values tied to it

The_Admiral
2010-06-20, 12:04 AM
oh sorry
anyway
002 Hi Cannon
Damage: 60
Accuracy Class: B
Range: 60 ft. line.Hits only first valid target.
Legal Codes:C D E F G *

003 M-Cannon
Damage: 80
Legal Codes:E F G H I *

004 Air Shot 1
Damage: 20 pushes target backwards by 10 feet
Legal Codes:*

here is a better list
http://www.gamefaqs.com/gba/562255-mega-man-battle-network-3-white/faqs/21252

edit: One more thing what do you mean by trained sword use?

Thelas
2010-06-20, 05:54 AM
As I said, I feel that Blues should be more accurate with a sword than GutsMan, even if they have the same STR and BAB (and I'm not sure if they do.)

The_Admiral
2010-06-20, 07:12 AM
No I meant how would it work mechanically.

GoblinGilmartin
2010-06-20, 11:55 AM
Thelas, alchemist, thanks for your help. I'm going to start taking all the chips that you post, and i'll collect them into a single document for easy reference, that way we can have them at arms reach a bit further down the line.

GoblinGilmartin
2010-06-20, 12:10 PM

maybe only about twenty-five feet

Okay, right now on the chip checklist, i have
001 Cannon
002 Hi-Cannon
003 M-Cannon
004 AirShot1

and navi chip #1
M23 Roll

My to-do list this week:
Decide the stat bonuses that each class/race gets
create pg 2 of the character sheet, which needs a cust and a chip storage
work on more chips to add to the list
did i forget anything else? :belkar:

Thelas
2010-06-20, 03:23 PM
Create starting folders for each navi type and hopefully run a pvp balance test.
Other than that, I think you got everything.

The_Admiral
2010-06-20, 04:44 PM
So can we continue making chips here?
because if so
005 Air Shot2
Damage:30 pushes target back 10 feet
Accuracy Class:B

006 Air Shot3
Damage:40 pushes target back 10 feet

007 Magma Cannon 1
Element: Fire
Damage:90
Accuracy Class:D(I am not very sure about this)
Legal Codes:A G S T V

GoblinGilmartin
2010-06-21, 09:57 AM
Well, what i was thinking is that when you start, everybody gets the same twenty chips, and then you get five class starting chips, and five racial starting chips, to equal an even thirty and a partially customized folder.

I just need to decide which chips should be the default twenty.
Any suggestions?

Thelas
2010-06-21, 12:05 PM
I would suggest using, say, four codes for the default 20, and one code for each +5 expansion, to give a nice 6-coded starting folder.

Chips that are good starting chips
- Cannon
- AirShot1
- MiniBomb (much as I personally dislike them)
- Atk+10
- similar power level chips

Make sure that codes you use for chips you made are the same as the codes that chip has in the game - there are reasons the game uses those codes! Among other things, say, not giving VarSword B-code would mess up two PAs, for example.

GoblinGilmartin
2010-06-21, 12:16 PM
So I'm not crazy! There are others who dislike the MiniBomb!

okay, six-codes, got it.

Thelas
2010-06-21, 07:18 PM
So I'm not crazy! There are others who dislike the MiniBomb!

It's far too slow for my liking.

GoblinGilmartin
2010-06-22, 10:50 AM
It's far too slow for my liking.

Yeah, by the time you throw it, the guys already 2 panels ahead and shooting an energy blast in your face.

Although it actually isnt that bad in Network Transmission

GoblinGilmartin
2010-06-28, 09:04 PM
Sorry for not posting for so long. I'm really sorry, I think i've lost all the zeal that i had for this project. Thelas, if you want to keep on going with it, be my guest. I just hope you keep my ideas.
Unless maybe someone has any new ideas...
I hope that i havent let anyone down, and if so, please forgive me

Thelas
2010-06-29, 02:01 PM
If others also want to continue, I can try to take this over.
So I'd like to make a list of those of us who are still here and prepared to work on it. If we have enough people, I'll try to divide stuff up and we might get something done.

Everyone who's still here, can you either post in the thread or PM me?

GoblinGilmartin
2010-06-29, 03:59 PM
So I'd like to make a list of those of us who are still here and prepared to work on it. If we have enough people, I'll try to divide stuff up and we might get something done.

If, later down the line, I come up with something good, i'll chime in

The_Admiral
2010-07-02, 09:09 AM

I am still in and as proof of that

008 Magma Cannon 2
Damage:120
Legal Codes:B D F M O

009 Magma Cannon 3
Damage:150
Accuracy Class:D(I am not very sure about this no really)
Legal Codes:E H J R W

010 Volcano Cannon
Damage:150 and strikes any enemies in a 10 feet radius of target
Legal Codes:A G J Y Z

011 Shotgun
Element: Normal
Damage: 30 and strikes enemy right behind target
Legal Codes:B F J N T *

note: sorry about skipping out for so long I had exam fever.

Edit: Am I the only person statting out chips?

Thelas
2010-07-02, 10:05 AM
Edit: Am I the only person statting out chips?

At the moment, it looks like it's just us two, and I didn't want to stat them out if nobody else was here. I'll do another set of ten or so tonight or tomorrow morning.

GoblinGilmartin
2010-07-02, 11:46 AM
At the moment, it looks like it's just us two, and I didn't want to stat them out if nobody else was here. I'll do another set of ten or so tonight or tomorrow morning.

You're going to be really annoyed/pissed off at me, but, i've quickly started to change my mind. I want to be in charge of the project again:smalleek:. My problem was that i had just kind of lost interest, but that is no excuse. I started it, i should help see it to the end! For pennance, i'll get to work on some virus data...

...And then I'll do up the other page of the character sheet, like i said i would,

... and then I'll work on some chips, if someone would give me a number range which to work on.
sorry...:smallfrown:

...and what do you think of my new custom avatar?

Thelas
2010-07-02, 12:27 PM
... and then I'll work on some chips, if someone would give me a number range which to work on.
sorry...:smallfrown:

Just grab something... I'm going to do 12-20 tonight, so why not start at 21?

...and what do you think of my new custom avatar?
It reminds me that I should get a Blues-atar at some point (yes, I know someone already has classic Blues, but I'd get Blues.exe), but I'm not an art critic, so other than that not much I can say.

GoblinGilmartin
2010-07-02, 01:07 PM
21-30, gotcha.

Yeah, the guy who did mine, his handle is Zefir, but you can also just go to this forum and post a request, and someone will probably pick it up:
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122056

if this link works at all, that is. the thread title is: Request an OotS Style Avatar XVI
you'll usually need to give a reference pic if the guy is unsure

The_Admiral
2010-07-03, 12:58 AM
031 Sword
Accuracy Class: C(A for trained use)
Range: Melee
Legal Code: E H L S Y

032 Wide Sword
Range:Melee, as well as the squares horizontally adjacent to the target. (See below)
[ ][h]
[o][x]
[ ][h]
Legal Code: C E L Q Y

032 Long Sword
Range: 10 ft. line
Legal Code: E I L R Y

^I don't know how to describe the effect of Wide Sword

!I don't know how to describe the effect of Long Sword

nevermind thanks DaragoKitsune

DaragosKitsune
2010-07-03, 02:51 AM
032 Wide Sword
Range: Melee(hits the squares diagonal to the targeted square)^
^I don't know how to describe the effect of Wide Sword

!I don't know how to describe the effect of Long Sword

032 Wide Sword
Accuracy Class: C (A for trained users)
Range: Melee, as well as the squares horizontally adjacent to the target. (See below)
[ ][h]
[o][x]
[ ][h]
o: User
x: Target
h: Adjacent Targets

033 Long Sword

I hope these help. I'm new to posting here, but I enjoy the MMBN games and wanted to help out at least a bit.

The_Admiral
2010-07-03, 06:48 AM
032 Wide Sword
Range: Melee, as well as the squares horizontally adjacent to the target. (See below)
[ ][h]
[o][x]
[ ][h]
o: User
x: Target
h: Adjacent Targets

033 Long Sword

I hope these help. I'm new to posting here, but I enjoy the MMBN games and wanted to help out at least a bit.

Wow
just wow
thanks

Thelas
2010-07-03, 07:28 AM
Said I'd do 12-20, time to do 12-20.
All chips are B-class unless noted otherwise.
012) Buoy Gun (V-Gun)
Range 60 ft
Damage 30
Spread:
{TABLE]|||X
u||e|
|||X
[/TABLE]
e: first enemy hit
u: user
X: additional targets.
Codes: DGLPV*

013) Side Gun
Range 60 ft
Damage 30
Spread:
{TABLE]||X|
u||e|
||X|
[/TABLE]
Codes: CHMSY*

014) Spread Gun
Range 60 ft
Damage 30
AoE 5 ft radius (one square and all adjacent squares)
Codes: MNOPQ*

015-017) Bubble Shot, Bubble Buoy, Bubble Side
Damage 60
Attribute Aqua
Range, and Spread as above (the chip 4 previous, so 016 is like 012)
Codes:
015 is ACDEP*
016 is DEFSV
017 is BEFGR

018-020) Heat Shot, Heat Buoy, Heat Side
Damage 40
Attribute Fire
Range and Spread as above (the chip 7 previous, so 019 is like 012)
Codes:
018 is BHIJP*
019 is FIJKV
020 is CJKLT

And PAs are left for someone else to do (or I'll do it later if nobody can be bothered.)

The_Admiral
2010-07-04, 02:11 AM
034 Flame Sword
Damage: 130
Range:Melee, as well as the squares horizontally adjacent to the target. (See below)
[ ][h]
[o][x]
[ ][h]
Legal Code: F N P R U

035 Aqua Sword
Element: Water
Damage: 150
[ ][h]
[o][x]
[ ][h]
Legal Code: A H N P T

036 Elec Sword
Element: Electricity
[ ][h]
[o][x]
[ ][h]
Legal Code: E K N P V

036 Bamboo Sword
Element: Wood
Damage: 140
[ ][h]
[o][x]
[ ][h]
Legal Code: B L N P W

note:
1)I don't know how to write up Custom Sword
2)I don't know how to write up Variable Sword
3)Hurry up Mastergilgamesh

Thelas
2010-07-04, 06:36 AM
1)I don't know how to write up Custom Sword
2)I don't know how to write up Variable Sword
3)Hurry up Mastergilgamesh

1) Power = (order of chip selected on screen (eg if it's your third, 3) - 1) * 75 + 1d100 - if power exceeds 255, treat as 0.
2) Yeah, that's harder.
I'd say Range and NumHits is determined by a Navi Operation skill check of a DC of your choice, but if you fail it it's just a 160-power Sword.
3) What he said, but more so.

GoblinGilmartin
2010-07-04, 10:40 AM
Alright , alright. I'm working on it. Quit bugging me! I'm also compiling a separate list of chips that have already been posted on this forum.
We have so far (including unfinished ones):
001 Cannon
002 HiCannon
003 M-Cannon
004 AirShot1
005 AirShot2
006 AirShot3
007 LavaCannon1
008 LavaCannon2
009 LavaCannon3
010 VolcanoCan
011 Shotgun
012 V-Gun
013 SideGun
014 SpreadGun
015 BubbleShot
016 Bub-V
017 Bub-Side
018 HeatShot
019 Heat-V
020 HeatSide
021 MiniBomb

031 Sword
032 WideSword
033 LongSword
034 FlameSwrd
035 AquaSword
036 ElecSword
037 BmboSword

M23 Roll

Yay team!!!

That gap after MiniBomb is the ones that are my responsibility, and that i havent finished yet. Where do i find the codes? Thelas?

Thelas
2010-07-04, 12:13 PM
That gap after MiniBomb is the ones that are my responsibility, and that i havent finished yet. Where do i find the codes? Thelas?

Add PAs to the list (I did Zeta- and Omega- cannon and BigHeart...)
And the codes are in the chip guide.

GoblinGilmartin
2010-07-04, 01:16 PM
Add PAs to the list (I did Zeta- and Omega- cannon and BigHeart...)
And the codes are in the chip guide.

which one? Gamefaqs? 'cuz i went, and i looked through a couple, and one of them didn't have codes, and the other one listed chips by codes, and that was really annoying

Thelas
2010-07-04, 02:04 PM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/gba/562255-mega-man-battle-network-3-white/faqs/21252

GoblinGilmartin
2010-07-04, 11:42 PM
I'll take care of chip no. 55-72, those will be no sweat.

The_Admiral
2010-07-05, 02:18 AM
thanks Thelas

038 Custom Sword
Damage: (order of chip selected on screen (eg if it's your third, 3) - 1) * 75 + 1d100 - if power exceeds 255, treat as 0
[ ][h][h]
[N][x][h]
[ ][h][h]
Legal Code: B F R V Z

039 Variable Sword
Damage: 160
Range:Roll 1D8
1-2.Melee
3.10 feet line
4.Melee, as well as the squares horizontally adjacent to the target. (See below)
[ ][ h]
[o][x]
[ ][ h]
5.15 feet line
6.melee and
[ ][h][h]
[N][x][h]
[ ][h][h]
7.3shots 60 feet hit ground only
8.4shots 60 feet hit ground only
Legal Code: B C D E F

1.Custom sword=I have no i how to do it I need more advice.
edit
1.Mastergilgamesh don't make promises you cant keep.

Thelas
2010-07-05, 06:51 AM
I was thinking more like a skill-check...
Maybe "choose a DC from the list below. Make a navi-op skill check. If you make it, use the indicated range. If you fail, treat as a Sword with 160 attack."
The creation of the list is left as an exercise for the reader.

Also, the initial paren for Custsword is needed for grouping - you removed it, so please reinstate it.

The_Admiral
2010-07-05, 09:00 AM
I was thinking more like a skill-check...
Maybe "choose a DC from the list below. Make a navi-op skill check. If you make it, use the indicated range. If you fail, treat as a Sword with 160 attack."
The creation of the list is left as an exercise for the reader.

Also, the initial paren for Custsword is needed for grouping - you removed it, so please reinstate it.

1 Whats a paren?
2 Thanks I was half dead when I posted it.
3 I do not know how to make balanced DC charts.

GoblinGilmartin
2010-07-05, 11:10 AM
1.Mastergilgamesh don't make promises you cant keep.

Hey, that really hurts! I'll have them done by the 7th:smallyuk:

GoblinGilmartin
2010-07-05, 11:30 AM
how do you think we should run the cannonball chips? because 1 out panel or lava or whatever doesnt seem like a very big hindrance. maybe 2x2?

GoblinGilmartin
2010-07-05, 11:36 AM
what's the accuracy class on a minibomb? from there i can decide the rest

GoblinGilmartin
2010-07-06, 06:01 PM
Well, I'm still working on the chips i said i would have, i just need an accuracy class comparison, and that should almost take care of itself.

But the GOOD NEWS is that i have the first draft of the races complete. they're called templates instead of races:smallbiggrin:
They are:

Bomber Template (ex. Bombman.EXE)
*+2 contitution, +2 Dexterity, +10 ft range to thrown weapons, 30 ft movement rate
*Usually tough-built, broad shouldered navis, made to last through constant explosions of cyberspace maintenence and contruction
Buster-type: Ranged splash weapon (e.g MiniBomb, SinglBmb)

Slasher Template (ex. Protoman.EXE, Tomahawkman.EXE)
* +2 strength, +2 agility bonus to AC, 40 ft movement rate
*Thin, lanky navis, built for speed and proficiency with blades, usually employed as proffesional busters for a large company's main computers
Buster-type: slashing weapon (e.g Sword1, WideSword)

Boomer Template (ex. Roll.EXE, Glyde.EXE)
*+3 constitution, heal chips 20 pts more effective, 25 ft movement rate
*A steriotypically small class of navis, used mainly for domestic tasks, shopping, email opening, but t hey have
Buster-type: arcing ranged weapon (e.g Boomer1, Boomer2)

Buster Template (ex. Megaman.EXE...durrrr)
*+2 constitution, +1 intelligence, +1 strength, 35 ft movement rate
Buster-type: buster... just see below

Blaster Template (ex.... errr Serchman.EXE, I guess)
*+2 dexterity, +2 strength, 30 ft movement rate
* a navi with an average build, created for cybermilitary operations
Buster-type: cannon (e.g Cannon, HiCannon)

Buster-Type buster, does damage=character level, and if charged for two rounds, does character level x10

questions? comments? criticisms? changes needed? please...
sorry for not having a buster template backstory
oh, and i'll need to come up with a class for gutsman.exe look-alikes, perhaps bruiser?

Thelas
2010-07-06, 07:00 PM
Well, I'm still working on the chips i said i would have, i just need an accuracy class comparison, and that should almost take care of itself.

I'd say D.

*+2 contitution

Spelling Check failed.

+2 agility bonus to AC, 40 ft movement rate

Use dodge bonus, you just made up agility bonus.

Buster-Type buster, does damage=character level, and if charged for two rounds, does character level x10

Think about reducing this because of the customizer.

questions? comments? criticisms? changes needed? please...
sorry for not having a buster template backstory
oh, and i'll need to come up with a class for gutsman.exe look-alikes, perhaps bruiser?
You mean a template, yes? Maybe.

Okay, let's see just how thorough these are. Here's some Navis, decide which template they should be.

Serenade.EXE
Forte.EXE
GyroMan.EXE
BeastMan.EXE
MagicMan.EXE

GoblinGilmartin
2010-07-06, 07:32 PM
I'd say D.

Spelling Check failed.

Okay, let's see just how thorough these are. Here's some Navis, decide which template they should be.

Serenade.EXE
Forte.EXE
GyroMan.EXE
BeastMan.EXE
MagicMan.EXE

1.minibomb is D? okay...
2. screw off, 'kay?... :smallwink:JK
3.okay, DODGE bonus, geez, i'll just hop off and shoot myself then
4.sure, maybe... hrm,once per three levels?
5.I said "criticisms" not "bitchy over-observations"
Serenade.EXE: Well SOMEONE originally wanted all classes to be offensive based, leading me to remove the blocker class. So he/she/it doesnt really fit now, do they?
Bass.EXE: he would be a REALLY pimped out, uber-strong buster template navi
Gyroman.EXE: possibly bomb template, but i don't know much about him
Beastman.EXE: probably slasher template, but maybe we could make a beast/virus template if it would fit better
Magicman.EXE: yeah, we definately need a beast/virus class

PS.
remember, navis can look however the op wants them to look, regardless of template, those i put down are just suggestions

I guess asking for input was just walking into those though, huh?...:elan:

GoblinGilmartin
2010-07-06, 10:39 PM
021 MiniBomb
Damage: 50
Range: 15 ft
Accuracy class: B
Codes: BGLOS*

022. Single Bomb
Codes: DFHJT*
range: 15 ft, explodes adjacent to enemy

023. Double Bomb
Damage: 50x2
Codes: ACHKQ*
range: 15 ft, explodes in a + pattern

024. Triple Bomb
Element:None
Damage: 50x3
Codes: EINPW
Range: 15 ft, explodes in a + pattern

025. Hougan (Cannonball)
Codes: ADFLP*
Accuracy Class:D
Range: 15ft, destroys panel

026. Kourihougan (Ice Cannonball)
Element:Aqua
Damage: 120
Codes: FIMQS*
Range: 15 ft, turns panel to Ice

027. Youganhougan (Lava Cannonball)
Element:Fire
Codes: BCHNW*
Range: 15 ft, turns panel to fire

028. Black Bomb 1
Codes: FLNPZ
Range: 15 ft, remains there until struck by a fire attack,where it will explode in a 15 foot radius

029. Black Bomb 2
Damage: 170
Codes: DIKQS
Range: 15 ft, remains there until struck by a fire attack,where it will explode in a 15 foot radius

030. Black Bomb 3
Damage:220
Codes: CGLUY

there. thats 21-30, anything amiss?(besides the absence of PAs...)

GoblinGilmartin
2010-07-06, 10:47 PM
We have completed so far:
001 Cannon
002 HiCannon
003 M-Cannon
004 AirShot1
005 AirShot2
006 AirShot3
007 LavaCannon1
008 LavaCannon2
009 LavaCannon3
010 VolcanoCan
011 Shotgun
012 V-Gun
013 SideGun
014 SpreadGun
015 BubbleShot
016 Bub-V
017 Bub-Side
018 HeatShot
019 Heat-V
020 HeatSide
021 MiniBomb
022 SinglBomb
023 DoublBomb
024 TriplBomb
025 CannBall
026 IceBall
027 LavaBall
028 BlkBomb1
029 BlkBomb2
030 BlkBomb3
031 Sword
032 WideSword
033 LongSword
034 FlameSwrd
035 AquaSword
036 ElecSword
037 BmboSword
038 CustSword
039 VarSword

M23 Roll

Yay team!!!

So someone needs to do 040-054, and as i said, 055-072 are my job, and I'll have them all done sometime tomorrow

Should we do navi chips? I mean, not that i have a problem with them, but in the games, the chips are given to you or are recieved after battles with the navi in question... maybe when we get to laying out the enemies and the viruses we'll sit down and figure it out

I'll keep updating this as more are posted:smallsmile:

The_Admiral
2010-07-07, 02:03 AM
I will do it

040 Fuuatsuken
Damage: 100(If not destroyed target moves backwards 15 feet
[ ][h][h]
[N][x][h]
[ ][h][h]
Accuracy Class: C(A for trained users)
Legal Codes: C E H J R

041 Fumikomizan
Range: Teleport 10 feet and slash like Widesword
Legal Codes: L M N O P

042. Fumikomi Cross
Range: Teleport 10 feet and
[ ][ ][>][ ][>][ ]
[N][-][N][>][E][ ]
[ ][ ][>][ ][>][ ]
Legal Codes: P Q R S T

043 Iaiform
Damage: 240
Range: If the enemy enters a radius of 15 feet and you have not used any other chips you immediately attack that enemy
Legal Codes: B D G R S

044 Shockwave
Range: 60 feet hit ground only first valid target
Accuracy Class: D(I don't know?)
Legal Codes: D H J L R

Well I cant do everything in one go.

edit Nobody has answered my question on how to make balanced DC charts.

GoblinGilmartin
2010-07-07, 11:14 AM
for a quick dc chart, start with fifteen meaning average difficulty or ten meaning easy difficulty, and just go up from there

DaragosKitsune
2010-07-07, 03:09 PM
I'd say D.

Spelling Check failed.

Serenade.EXE
Forte.EXE
GyroMan.EXE
BeastMan.EXE
MagicMan.EXE

There is a problem when trying to stat out such Navis as Serenad.EXE, Forte.EXE and Colonel.EXE. They were deliberately designed to be beyond the restrictions that most Navis have. Serenade.EXE was designed to be a perfect Navi, Bass.EXE can drain the abilities of every Navi and virus he deletes, and Colonel.EXE was also designed as a perfect Navi. To explain them in this system would require unique races/classes or abilities beyond the norm.

The_Admiral
2010-07-07, 05:40 PM
045 Sonicwave
Accuracy Class: D(I don't know?)
Legal Codes: G I M S W

046 Dynawave
Damage: 100
Accuracy Class: D
Legal Codes: E N Q T V

047 Greatwave
Damage: 190
Legal Codes: E J M P Y

047 Guts Fist
Range: Make DC 15 check if pass 60 feet hit first valid target if fail melee and push back target 5 feet if you do not want to make check treat as if it failed.
Accuracy Class: C
Legal Codes: B C D E F

049 Guts Straight
Range: Make DC 15 check if pass 10 feet line x3 damage if fail 10 feet line if you do not want to make check treat as if it failed.
Legal Codes: O P Q R S

050 Guts Impact
Range:Make DC 15 check if pass hit 5 times in 10 feet line if fail 10 feet line if you do not want to make check treat as if it failed.
Legal Codes: G H I J K

GoblinGilmartin
2010-07-07, 09:48 PM
055 ZapRing1
Element: Electric
Damage: 20
Accuracy Class:C
Range: 120 ft, enemy is paralyzed for 2 rounds

056 ZapRing2

057 ZapRing3

058 IceWave1
Element: Aqua
Range: attack zig-zags diagonally in 10 ft increments until it hits an enemy or other obstacles

059 IceWave2
Range: attack zig-zags diagonally in 10 ft increments until it hits an enemy or other obstacles

060 IceWave3

061 Yo-Yo1
Range: 15 ft or closest enemy, whichever comes first, strikes once

062 Yo-Yo2
Range: 15 ft or closest enemy, whichever comes first, strikes 2 times

063 Yo-Yo3
Range: 15 ft or closest enemy, whichever comes first, strikes 3 times

064 AirStrm1
Range: Enemies in 30 ft cone are drawn 15 ft towards origin point, then damage is applied

065 AirStrm2
Range: Enemies in 40 ft cone are drawn 15 ft towards origin point, then damage is applied

066 AirStrm3
Damage: 70
Range: Enemies in 50 ft cone are drawn 15 ft towards origin point, then damage is applied

067 Arrow1
Range: 80 ft, one enemy

068 Arrow2

069 Arrow3

070 Ratton1
Range: 40 ft, can attack opponents out of line of site, as long as user navi is aware of them

071 Ratton2
Range: 45 ft, can attack opponents out of line of site, as long as user navi is aware of them

072 Ratton3
Range: 50 ft, can attack opponents out of line of site, as long as navi is aware

Again, PA's not included, those are for another time...

Who said that I was making promises that I couldn't keep? :smallmad:I'm principal developer here! Writers block or not:smallmad:...:belkar:...

(...sorry for the hostility:smallredface: I honestly can't thank you guys enough, I just felt that I had kicked myself out of top position, and wanted to make it up to.... you? me? IDK.... okay, emo moment over... let's make a kickass homebrew RPG!)

The_Admiral
2010-07-08, 01:27 AM
Sorry about that now to business

051 Dash Attack
Damage: 90
Range:60 feet line cannot damage objects
Legal Codes:C D G J Z

052 Burning Body
Damage:130
Range:I cant put it in words
( )(h)( )
(h)(N)(h)
( )(h)( )
Accuracy Class:A(i guess)
Legal Codes: B F Q S W

053 Dash Condor
Damage: 180
Range:60 feet line cannot damage objects
Legal Codes:B I L S Z

note
1)Please give advice on accuracy class for Dash Condor and Burning Body
2)Please help with burning cross

edit: Please wish me luck tomorrow is my report card day*gulps*

GoblinGilmartin
2010-07-08, 11:08 AM
edit: Please wish me luck tomorrow is my report card day*gulps*

*fingers crossed*

GoblinGilmartin
2010-07-08, 03:04 PM
We have so far (including unfinished ones):
001 Cannon
002 HiCannon
003 M-Cannon
004 AirShot1
005 AirShot2
006 AirShot3
007 LavaCannon1
008 LavaCannon2
009 LavaCannon3
010 VolcanoCan
011 Shotgun
012 V-Gun
013 SideGun
014 SpreadGun
015 BubbleShot
016 Bub-V
017 Bub-Side
018 HeatShot
019 Heat-V
020 HeatSide
021 MiniBomb
022 SinglBomb
023 DoublBomb
024 TriplBomb
025 CannBall
026 IceBall
027 LavaBall
028 BlkBomb1
029 BlkBomb2
030 BlkBomb3
031 Sword
032 WideSword
033 LongSword
034 FlameSwrd
035 AquaSword
036 ElecSword
037 BmboSword
038 CustSword
039 VarSword
040 AirSword
041 Fumikomizan
042 Fumikomi Cross
043 Iaiform
044 Shockwave
045 Sonicwave
046 Dynawave
047 Greatwave
048 GutsPunch
049 GutsStraight
050 GutsImpact
051 Dash Attack
052 Burning Body
053 Dash Condor

055 ZapRing1
056 ZapRing2
057 ZapRing3
058 IceWave1
059 IceWave2
060 IceWave3
061 Yo-Yo1
062 Yo-Yo2
063 Yo-Yo3
064 AirStrm1
065 AirStrm2
066 AirStrm3
067 Arrow1
068 Arrow2
069 Arrow3
070 Ratton1
071 Ratton2
072 Ratton3

M23 Roll

Yay team!!!

?

I apparently need to put a message in this spot or it wont post....
...and, Captain_Obvious? you forgot #054... just sayin' is all, or else there was a screw-up in the numbering

GoblinGilmartin
2010-07-08, 03:11 PM
There is a problem when trying to stat out such Navis as Serenad.EXE, Forte.EXE and Colonel.EXE. They were deliberately designed to be beyond the restrictions that most Navis have. Serenade.EXE was designed to be a perfect Navi, Bass.EXE can drain the abilities of every Navi and virus he deletes, and Colonel.EXE was also designed as a perfect Navi. To explain them in this system would require unique races/classes or abilities beyond the norm.

Thats what i had originally meant to imply, but i was a bit exhasperated at the time. I mean, you can't really compare, say... Bubbleman.exe to Bass.exe, Bass is practically a god, and as for Bubbleman, he is (IMHO) a well put together, easily stat-able navi, if a bit bumbling at times. besides, bass was a special exception, given special abilities at creation.
Thanks DaragosKitsune

The_Admiral
2010-07-08, 06:01 PM
nope no mistake
054 Burning Cross
Damage:150
Range:I cant put it in words
( )(h)( )
(N)(h)(h)
( )(h)( ) ?
Accuracy Class:A(i guess)
Legal Codes: A F L R S

well I an going to school now *gulps*

GoblinGilmartin
2010-07-08, 06:25 PM
001 Cannon
002 HiCannon
003 M-Cannon
004 AirShot1
005 AirShot2
006 AirShot3
007 LavaCannon1
008 LavaCannon2
009 LavaCannon3
010 VolcanoCan
011 Shotgun
012 V-Gun
013 SideGun
014 SpreadGun
015 BubbleShot
016 Bub-V
017 Bub-Side
018 HeatShot
019 Heat-V
020 HeatSide
021 MiniBomb
022 SinglBomb
023 DoublBomb
024 TriplBomb
025 CannBall
026 IceBall
027 LavaBall
028 BlkBomb1
029 BlkBomb2
030 BlkBomb3
031 Sword
032 WideSword
033 LongSword
034 FlameSwrd
035 AquaSword
036 ElecSword
037 BmboSword
038 CustSword
039 VarSword
040 AirSword
041 Fumikomizan
042 Fumikomi Cross
043 Iaiform
044 Shockwave
045 Sonicwave
046 Dynawave
047 Greatwave
048 GutsPunch
049 GutsStraight
050 GutsImpact
051 Dash Attack
052 Burning Body
053 Dash Condor
054 BurningCross
055 ZapRing1
056 ZapRing2
057 ZapRing3
058 IceWave1
059 IceWave2
060 IceWave3
061 Yo-Yo1
062 Yo-Yo2
063 Yo-Yo3
064 AirStrm1
065 AirStrm2
066 AirStrm3
067 Arrow1
068 Arrow2
069 Arrow3
070 Ratton1
071 Ratton2
072 Ratton3

M23 Roll

all fixed!

The_Admiral
2010-07-08, 07:50 PM
I flunked Art ? WTF?
nevermind me
to work

073 Ratton Firecracker
Damage:230
Range:Like Ratton1 except needs to be hit by a fire type attack to activate
Legal Codes: B F H M Y

GoblinGilmartin
2010-07-08, 08:04 PM
I flunked Art ? WTF?
nevermind me
to work

073 Ratton Hanabi
Damage:230
Range:Like Ratton except needs to be hit by a fire type attack to activate
Legal Codes: B F H M Y

That's unfortunate, I barely managed to pass at least three of my classes, damage control right up until the last minute.
... Do you think you could use the english attack names? The romanji ones are a bit confusing

The_Admiral
2010-07-08, 08:50 PM
Nah it does not count anyway my average grade was 71% so i am lucky I guess

074 Tidal Wave
Damage:80
Range:
( )(>)(>)
(N)(>)(>)
( )(>)(>)
Accuracy Class: D(I dont know?)
Legal Codes: E I L S T

DaragosKitsune
2010-07-09, 12:37 AM
Thats what i had originally meant to imply, but i was a bit exhasperated at the time. I mean, you can't really compare, say... Bubbleman.exe to Bass.exe, Bass is practically a god, and as for Bubbleman, he is (IMHO) a well put together, easily stat-able navi, if a bit bumbling at times. besides, bass was a special exception, given special abilities at creation.
Thanks DaragosKitsune

I just wanted to remind people that those Navis were the exception, not the rule. I prefer to think that this project is designed to show the customized Navis, not the ridiculous ones. Bubbleman.EXE is a good example here. He would probably be Buster Type, Aqua Style. Beastman.EXE would probably be Slasher Type, using the Shadow Style from MMBN3. I am well aware that styles (classes) are not up yet. If anyone has some suggestions for a starting point, I would probably be able to start creating the progressions. What are some general enhancements/penalties that different styles should get, other than the standard "Benefit from one panel, 2x damage from 1 element" formula MMBN3 uses.

GoblinGilmartin
2010-07-09, 01:09 AM
I am well aware that styles (classes) are not up yet. If anyone has some suggestions for a starting point, I would probably be able to start creating the progressions. What are some general enhancements/penalties that different styles should get, other than the standard "Benefit from one panel, 2x damage from 1 element" formula MMBN3 uses.

First, before we start on styles, we need to get to work on the NaviCustomizer. If you want to work on that in the mean time, it should be on a 5x5 grid... at least I think so, Thelas? If you're still around, could you clarify?

But I wasn't pegging you to anything, I just appreciated the backup, i did intend that the navis we would focus on are the simple customized navis, not the powerhouse exception-to-the-rules type navis

The_Admiral
2010-07-09, 02:14 AM
075 Red Tidal Wave
Damage:90
Range:
( )(>)(>)
(N)(>)(>)
( )(>)(>)
Legal Codes: B F J R U

076 Mud Tidal Wave
Damage:100
Range:
( )(>)(>)
(N)(>)(>)
( )(>)(>)
Legal Codes: D G M V Z

077 Tornado
Element: Wind
Damage: 20
Range: A tornado appears 10 feet in front of your navi and stays there until a it gets 8 tries to hit any thing that passes through it
Accuracy Class: B(?)
Legal Codes: C L R T U

078 Bad Spice 1
Range: Everybody standing on grass panels
Accuracy Class: S(?)
Legal Codes: B D I S Z

(?)= Please give advise.

Thelas
2010-07-09, 07:12 AM
First, before we start on styles, we need to get to work on the NaviCustomizer. If you want to work on that in the mean time, it should be on a 5x5 grid... at least I think so, Thelas? If you're still around, could you clarify?
5x5 grid seems good, c.f. my previous post about the rules that I think would work.
We'll have to assign a cost-per-part to most things, even if they're not usually found in stores, for GM use, too.
(Except insane stuff like SaitoBatch, of course - treat as artifacts, I'd say.)
Since we're replacing feats by the customizer, will we give out some sort of part or upgrade every 3 levels?
Also, we need to consider Spin parts. I vote for a complete elimination of them and parts can be spun whenever you want to.

077 might not be the best choices there, maybe revise it?
I'll grab 091-100 either tonight or tomorrow, can people save those for me?

The_Admiral
2010-07-09, 07:50 AM
5x5 grid seems good, c.f. my previous post about the rules that I think would work.
We'll have to assign a cost-per-part to most things, even if they're not usually found in stores, for GM use, too.
Since we're replacing feats by the customizer, will we give out some sort of part or upgrade every 3 levels?
Also, we need to consider Spin parts. I vote for a complete elimination of them and parts can be spun whenever you want to.

Sure can do

079 Bad Spice 2
Damage: 110
Legal Codes: C F I K R

080 Bad Spice 3
Legal Codes: D F J O Q

081 Heavy Shake 1
Range: 15 feet away if have target there second effect does not happen but if have target there any opponent entering that square within 2(?) rounds will take damage
Legal Codes: E G R S U

082 Heavy Shake 2
Range: 15 feet away if have target there second effect does not happen but if have target there any opponent entering that square within 2(?) rounds will take damage
Legal Codes: B F I L Q

083 Heavy Shake 3
Legal Codes: D M R T Z

We do need a rarity system

DaragosKitsune
2010-07-09, 01:06 PM

Giving out NaviCustomizer parts every three levels would make sense, especially to my mind, seeing as MMBN3 is the one I've played the most. In the game you get parts for increasing the style level, which would compare well to the 20 level system of d20. Quick question, are viruses going to be modified from preexisting creatures or made from scratch for this system?

GoblinGilmartin
2010-07-09, 02:18 PM
Quick question, are viruses going to be modified from preexisting creatures or made from scratch for this system?

we will start with the ones from the games, doing them from scratch, but after that, we should make our own modified from the MM or something like that

The_Admiral
2010-07-09, 10:49 PM
Heloo we need a rarity system here because some of the 2-3 chips are getting unbalanced

GoblinGilmartin
2010-07-10, 12:08 AM
Heloo we need a rarity system here because some of the 2-3 chips are getting unbalanced

okay... the 2 & 3 ones are rarer, it isnt that hard to grasp, and the chips that do over...say, 80 damage are also rarer, and ones over 150 damage are even rarer then that. the rarity system should be something like:
Common Data, Uncommon Data, Rare Data, Super-Rare Data, Artifact Data,

The_Admiral
2010-07-10, 02:49 AM
well I asked for this system for DM's with no initiative.

GoblinGilmartin
2010-07-10, 11:02 AM
well I asked for this system for DM's with no initiative.

:smallconfused:? what? I'm sorry, I don't understand your meaning, initiative?

GoblinGilmartin
2010-07-10, 03:37 PM
someone named eddie lebron made a fan-film about the original megaman game for nes, check it out, it isnt that good:
http://screwattack.com/videos/Mega-Man

The_Admiral
2010-07-10, 10:02 PM
Damm I should have reworded that I meant DM's that do not understand the system that well allowing players to get unbalanced chips that 1 shots most early viruses.

EDIT: I have watched that movie and I agree that It wasn't that interesting.

GoblinGilmartin
2010-07-11, 10:05 AM
Damm I should have reworded that I meant DM's that do not understand the system that well allowing players to get unbalanced chips that 1 shots most early viruses.

EDIT: I have watched that movie and I agree that It wasn't that interesting.

yeah, okay, i understand you, but the best part of rarity systems like that, is that the DM can choose to ignore it, and give high level chips, it isnt really our problem. we can say how rare something is, but the DM has final say as to what someone gets

edit: added thought- maybe if it would unbalance play too much, we could make up something about how higher level chips require more power to use, and would drain lower level navis faster, but i dont really know, it sems like it should be left as is.

and yeah, you think that guy would be able to do more with the budget he had, but the CGI was actually not that bad

GoblinGilmartin
2010-07-11, 06:47 PM
Hey all, i'm going to be home for a while, so i wont have constant access to the internet, so i might only log in every few days at most.
anything i need to be doing?

see you all later

The_Admiral
2010-07-12, 01:59 AM
What you don't have internet at home why?

Prince Zahn
2010-07-12, 02:38 PM
btw chips should be random, that's the whole point, you have 30 chips stored on a list, each slot on the list is numbered, and you roll a d30 (which isn't really that complex, it's just 1d10+1d20) to recieve your five chips which you can choose from applying them to your 5 slots.

How about this:
Each character can split his chips into 5 groups of 6 on some chart(6x5=30), which are sorted by choice between meetings, and when the person picks them out randomly, he just rolls 5d6, this can save time and let them get their chips all at once! "I rolled a 5:smallannoyed:" already used that chip? roll again!
when you run out of a group, you just use a different group twice and so on.
I find this alot more reasonable than a d30, but that might be just me.
also,
I thought i'd help with 131-140
131 Lance
Damage:130
Range: up to 3 enemies between 10-20 ft. attacks from behind.
Legal codes:D E H R Z

132 Snakes
Damage:40x[do we still call them missing panels?(Max.8)]
Range: snakes attack any enemies within 30 ft. each snake attacks only 1 target, they need not be different targets, you choose which target each snake attacks.
Accuracy Class:C/B(?)
Legal Codes: D E I R Y

133 Guard
Damage:none/40(See below)
Range: blocks attack and sends a shockwave in a straight line of 35 ft if hit by an attack from the front, 2nd effect only applies with an Accuracy Class of D or below.
Accuracy class:D
Legal Codes: *

134 Panel Out
Damage:10/Smash panel
Range: melee, smashes the empty panel in front of you or breaks it if an enemy is on it, 2nd option deals 10 damage.
Legal Codes: A B D L S *

135 Panel Out 3
Damage:10/Smash 3 panels
Range: melee, smashes the empty panel in front of you as well as the two panels on your left and right, or breaks them if an enemy(s) is on one of the panels, 2nd option deals 10

damage.
Legal Codes: C E N R Y *

136 PanelGrab(aka areagrab - lesser)
Same as Area Grab below, only 10 ft.
Legal Codes: A H L S Y *

137 Area Grab
Range:warps you to another spot in the area up to 25 ft. the spot you warp to may not be occupied and cannot be into any obstacle(Wall,Block,Enemy, etc.)
Legal Codes: E L R S Y *

138 Grab back(Aka Grab Revenge - Lesser)
damage: 40
Range: Same As Grab Revenge, only deals 40 damage upon success.
Legal Codes: A E I K N

139 Grab Revenge
Range: n/a, returns a person who has used Area Grab to his original position, cannot be used if the target has moved more than 5 ft since using Area Grab, also can be used

immediatly to negate an enemy's use of area Grab, regardless of how you used Grab Revenge,The target recieves 80 damage upon success.
Legal Codes: C G P R Y
140 Rock Cube
Damage: N/A
Range:Places a rock Cube within 15 ft from your position.

The_Admiral
2010-07-13, 01:50 AM
We compromised pages ago.

Prince Zahn
2010-07-13, 05:43 AM
We compromised pages ago.

either way, it's just that a 5d6 makes more sense to me than a d30 is all i'm saying

The_Admiral
2010-07-13, 05:55 AM
we agreed to use pokerchip
read post 48http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155873&page=2

GoblinGilmartin
2010-07-14, 04:37 PM
and another thing on why that "sort it into groups of five" thing, is that someone could just put all of their best chips in one group, and then wait for them to come up in the rotation.

but at least you're thinking

GoblinGilmartin
2010-07-15, 06:50 PM
alright, i'm back around working internet for a few days at least

The_Admiral
2010-07-16, 12:00 AM
084 No Beam 1
Damage: 200
Range: If you are standing in front of an obstacle you fire a laser beam with a 60 feet range and it hits first valid target
Legal Codes: C F G T Z

085 No Beam 2
Damage: 260
Range: If you are standing in front of an obstacle you fire a laser beam with a 60 feet range and it hits first valid target
Legal Codes: E I S U Y

086 No Beam 3
Damage: 300
Legal Codes: H M V W Z

The_Admiral
2010-07-16, 10:17 PM
note:I will not be able to log on for a few days because my mother is making me do all the homework i missed
until then enjoy

087 Break Hammer
Damage: 100 And destroys any obstacles in range
Range: Melee
Legal Codes: B G L P T *

088 Geyser
Damage: 300
Range: A single empty square within a 15 feet radius is hit and
( )(*)(*)(*)
(N)(*)(H)(*)
( )(*)(*)(*)
Legal Codes: B C L S W

1 Can someone else do green vine
2 Please give advice on accuracy class for geyser

GoblinGilmartin
2010-07-16, 11:38 PM
note:I will not be able to log on for a few days because my mother is making me do all the homework i missed
until then enjoy

ouch bud.... that sucks... i'm going to apply for a job at albertsons, wish me luck

The_Admiral
2010-07-17, 05:10 AM
Good Luck
all my work will start tomorrow i will be back by next week at the very latest.

GoblinGilmartin
2010-07-18, 05:45 PM
Take all the time you need, its not like you're obligated to help me here (thanks, by the way) and, is it just me, or have we not heard much of Thelas lately? a few days past a week, by my count... hrm....

Thelas
2010-07-18, 10:44 PM
Take all the time you need, its not like you're obligated to help me here (thanks, by the way) and, is it just me, or have we not heard much of Thelas lately? a few days past a week, by my count... hrm....
Your friendly person who is me has been experiencing technical difficulties.
And had a bunch of coding work to do.

And will be back with this hopefully maybe tomorrow?

GoblinGilmartin
2010-07-18, 11:57 PM
Your friendly person who is me has been experiencing technical difficulties.
And had a bunch of coding work to do.

And will be back with this hopefully maybe tomorrow?

Take all the time you need, I just thought that it had been a little quiet from your corner for a while, i was just pondering out loud (or in text, whatever)

coding what? BND20 stuff? the navcust? just curious

FRIENDS!!!!

The_Admiral
2010-07-21, 03:24 AM
Veni Vedi Vinci!!! take that homework.
*Looks at forum* are my post the only thing keeping this thing at page 1.>2?

089 Green Rope 1
Accuracy Class: A
Range: Any enemy in a 5 feet radius
Legal Codes: D G J M O *

090 Green Rope 2
Damage: 70
Legal Codes: E G O T U

091 Green Rope 3
Legal Codes: H I T U V

I am the best i am the beautiful i am the only Captain Obvious because i am back!!!!

GoblinGilmartin
2010-07-22, 12:18 AM
[QUOTE=Captain_Obvious;8970212]Veni Vedi Vinci!!! take that homework.

QUOTE]

Yeah, for the most part, its just you and me. Thelas is busy doing something, he can just take his time (it's fine! we'll be here) and no one else really seems to know about BND20 (not that we're even doing anything that important at the moment, so it doesnt really matter).
I still need to tally it up, but i think we are almost done with the chip section- maybe about 25-35 more? idk this has taken us a bit of time, but next we should work on the.... enemies... yeah, why not. should be fun! or... wait, thelas suggested we try to get to the point where we can do a pvp fight first, so that would mean polishing up the character creation next.

input?

The_Admiral
2010-07-22, 10:11 AM
[QUOTE=Captain_Obvious;8970212]Veni Vedi Vinci!!! take that homework.

QUOTE]

Yeah, for the most part, its just you and me. Thelas is busy doing something, he can just take his time (it's fine! we'll be here) and no one else really seems to know about BND20 (not that we're even doing anything that important at the moment, so it doesnt really matter).
I still need to tally it up, but i think we are almost done with the chip section- maybe about 25-35 more? idk this has taken us a bit of time, but next we should work on the.... enemies... yeah, why not. should be fun! or... wait, thelas suggested we try to get to the point where we can do a pvp fight first, so that would mean polishing up the character creation next.

input?

sure why not?
Hey is it allowed to start a recruitment thread for this project and if so where?

GoblinGilmartin
2010-07-22, 05:51 PM
[QUOTE=Mastergilgamesh;8977359]

sure why not?
Hey is it allowed to start a recruitment thread for this project and if so where?

recruitment thread?:smallconfused: what do you mean?

The_Admiral
2010-07-23, 12:17 AM
You know one of those we need your help things.

Hey even you have got to admit that this design team is pathetic

GoblinGilmartin
2010-07-23, 11:54 AM
You know one of those we need your help things.

Hey even you have got to admit that this design team is pathetic

Oh, absolutely, I mean, it's... what, three or four people at the best of times? Yeah, go ahead, we could use some new people.

my only problem is that i don't think i could effectively keep track of over, say, about eight, nine people, so it might get a bit complicated coordinating them.

The_Admiral
2010-07-23, 07:34 PM
Ok now where do you think i should put it.
As for navi construction point build is a must

GoblinGilmartin
2010-07-24, 01:23 AM
Ok now where do you think i should put it.
As for navi construction point build is a must

where ever you think is best. point build?:smallconfused:

:smallsigh:yawn:smallsigh:

The_Admiral
2010-07-24, 08:29 AM
point buy
Started thread

GoblinGilmartin
2010-07-24, 03:19 PM
point buy
Started thread

?
cool, where?

The_Admiral
2010-07-25, 04:19 PM
1 sorry about that i meant use a point buy system for navi construction
2 Threads like the one i just made to ask for help are considered minor spam

GoblinGilmartin
2010-07-25, 05:27 PM
1 sorry about that i meant use a point buy system for navi construction
2 Threads like the one i just made to ask for help are considered minor spam

ok

so what happened? can we keep it?

The_Admiral
2010-07-25, 05:46 PM
no we cant

GoblinGilmartin
2010-07-25, 06:14 PM
no we cant

ouch... oh well... somewhere else then?

The_Admiral
2010-07-26, 04:03 AM
I don't think so anyway what do you think are the stats?

GoblinGilmartin
2010-07-26, 11:51 AM
I don't think so anyway what do you think are the stats?

which ones? i don't understand what you mean by point buy. you mean str,con,dex etc.?

The_Admiral
2010-07-27, 12:50 AM
you know like mutants and masterminds style of creating characters
and by what are the stats i mean what are the stats we will use in this game.

GoblinGilmartin
2010-07-27, 11:52 AM
you know like mutants and masterminds style of creating characters
and by what are the stats i mean what are the stats we will use in this game.

well... i figured we would just use the regular dnd d20 stats, the big six
str,wis,int,con,dex,cha, or some variations thereof. because how can a computer program have charisma? maybe that's just me...(and if we do use the same six, we'll re-name them [unless that would make it too confusing])

GoblinGilmartin
2010-07-27, 12:41 PM
new custom avatar... new signature, I get bored easily. ('though i probably piss off a lot of custom avatarists by switching so often)

GoblinGilmartin
2010-07-27, 06:19 PM
well, ttfn, i'm going to be going home for a while longer, but i'll check in a few times.
(and no, i do not have internet at home, but i might soon if i'm realllly lucky)

The_Admiral
2010-07-30, 11:03 AM
Ok Thelas Hurry up!!!

GoblinGilmartin
2010-08-25, 06:21 PM
Hey all, its been a while. I think we should start up again here in a few weeks, pick up where we left off. any new ideas? Take your time getting back, I don't mind.:smallsmile:

nice new avatar captain obvious.

The_Admiral
2010-09-16, 10:48 AM
Thank you
:smallsmile:

GoblinGilmartin
2010-09-16, 12:48 PM
Thank you
:smallsmile:

cool, so yeah, we can start up any time you want. Any new ideas? If not, thats fine, it isn't like we've had a deadline or anything. but i'll need to go into my files to make sure everything is there, the chip data and such. Last time we said we were going to start on the viruses. Because it has been a while since i last looked, and things may be lost, but i don't think so.

excuse my non-clarity, I am pretty tired.

The_Admiral
2010-09-17, 08:36 AM
I have nothing :smallannoyed: Where is Thelas and his promised chips?

GoblinGilmartin
2010-09-17, 12:32 PM
I have nothing :smallannoyed: Where is Thelas and his promised chips?

IDK... i'll PM him and ask

GoblinGilmartin
2010-10-12, 01:01 PM
Sooooo.... are we dead in the water here or... what? any one...? If we drop the project... that's fine with me, just say so. take a vote...
on the matter of ending the project...
all opposed?

flabort
2010-10-12, 03:02 PM
No, keep working on it.
Just because no-one else is working doesn't mean you can't.

Jjeinn-tae
2010-10-12, 03:09 PM
I started following this about a month ago, as this was something I liked the sound of. I like to work on homebrew, and I'd be willing to help if that would be useful. I can't really work on it at all until after next week.

Is there anywhere that has everything that's been come up with so far in one place?

The_Admiral
2010-10-12, 03:25 PM
092 Boomerang 1
Element:Wood
Range:
(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)
( )(N)( )( )( )(*)
(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)
( )=5 feet
Legal Codes: F H J M T *

GoblinGilmartin
2010-10-12, 06:43 PM
I started following this about a month ago, as this was something I liked the sound of. I like to work on homebrew, and I'd be willing to help if that would be useful. I can't really work on it at all until after next week.

Is there anywhere that has everything that's been come up with so far in one place?

Um, i need to look through my files, but i think i have all the chips so far in one txt document. If you could maybe work on the viruses, that would rock. start whenever and wherever you want, there is no time schedule, but thank you in advance.

and if you look back in the thread, you should see a list of the chips so far, if not the spec data of them.

Jjeinn-tae
2010-11-04, 01:45 AM
Ok, I'm about ready to go back and read up on what we have here, is there a specific game in the series we're wanting to focus on getting stuff from? Otherwise I was probably just going to start with the first game's viruses and go down the line.

GoblinGilmartin
2010-11-04, 12:42 PM
Ok, I'm about ready to go back and read up on what we have here, is there a specific game in the series we're wanting to focus on getting stuff from? Otherwise I was probably just going to start with the first game's viruses and go down the line.

I personally prefer the third game, but it would probably be beneficial to start right from brick one: Mettaur

Jjeinn-tae
2010-11-04, 04:47 PM
Ok, only managed to read through the first three pages of the thread, if things have changed since then, I'll change it as I continue. These are assuming HP works like it does in the games with a 100 base, and using the DnD stats of STR DEX CON INT WIS and CHA as the character sheet says.

I'm also going to take the default of 10 is the middle ground for a stat, being viruses, I think INT 10, and WIS 10 are a minimum, except for maybe the results of a bumbling programmer. I would think with all the navi's about, viruses need to be somewhat intelligent and aware to survive. CHA might be good for DC's, but again I haven't read through the entire thread yet.

Ok, read through, I have some thoughts in a variety of things, skills mainly (and it was mentioned having sort of a character duality, user and NAVI, I kind of like that idea). Here is my initial thoughts on skill lists, a slash between skills means I think both fit due to the different medium of the internet, first stat is always the more "traditional" one. All of these might not fit with your vision, but ideas are worthless if not presented.

NAVI:
Climb (STR/DEX): I know you said you didn't see much use for this one, but especially if you look at transmission, the internet really is it's own world, 3D and not really automatically easy to get around. I can't tell what we're doing with combat, whether we're keeping the squares like the GBA games, or going to feet like DnD, but if we do the latter, a good climb might be useful for using chips one handed from a wall or ceiling.
Cloaking (DEX/INT): Essentially Hide & Move Silently, with the added point of hiding even your code if you are particularly successful. Might be good as a more "Elite" skill, maybe activated through customization. Countered by Read Code, though it should be very difficult if your code is hidden.
Jump (STR/DEX): Pitfalls are common, particularly with the ease of creating them for a combat advantage.
Read Code (INT): Sort of a combination of decipher script and appraise, mainly used for deciphering mystery data, and perhaps to get an idea on what a virus does. Also useful for finding invisible things.
Tumble (DEX): Actually drawing a blank here, it seems it should be in a combat intensive game, but it doesn't look like AoO's are going to be very common here.

Universal:
Knowledge Skills (INT:) knowing things, probably not as important for NAVI's as the user due to Read Code, which probably means there would need to be adjustment there.

User:
I have a couple, but I'm calling it for now so I can close my browser.

Here's a cannon, and a base format for Virus Data that will need to be expanded. Is this more or less the type of thing that we want?

EXE1 -- VIRUS DATA -- 001 - 001

Format:

Name [my numbering]
- Element
- HP
- Attributes
- attack(s): att.name - att.element, att.damage, att.accuracy
- special
- *chips "dropped"
- *zenny "dropped"
- short description

*roll randomly to determine exact drops

Cannon [1.001]
- None
- 50 hp
- 10 STR; 4 DEX; 10 CON; 8 INT; 8 WIS; 6 CHA
- attack: Cannon - None, 10, B
- Cannon A, Cannon B, Cannon D
- 60Z - 200Z
- Basic green cannon

HiCannon [1.002]
- None
- 80 hp
- 12 STR; 5 DEX; 12 CON; 10 INT; 10 WIS; 6 CHA
- attack: HiCannon - None, 40, B
- HiCannon F, HiCannon G, HiCannon H
- 160Z - 300Z
- A slightly more impressive blue cannon

M-Cannon [1.003]
- None
- 100 hp
- 14 STR; 6 DEX; 12 CON; 12 INT; 12 WIS; 6 CHA
- attack: M-Cannon - None, 100, B
- M-Cannon K, M-Cannon M, M-Cannon O
- 160Z - 300Z
- An even more impressive red cannon

Bubbler [1.004]
- Water
- 100 hp
- 16 STR; 6 DEX; 16 CON; 8 INT; 12 WIS; 8 CHA
- attack: Bubbler - Water, 30, D?
- Bubbler A, Bubbler P, Bubbler S
- 210Z - 350Z
- A large, blue whale (I think they're big in Transmission)

Virus Templates

Data Collector
- None
- +50 hp
- +2 STR; +2 DEX; +2 CON; +4 INT; +4 WIS; +2 CHA
- None
- Maybe have it have the chance to release chips of alternate letters, like Cannons drop Cannon A,B or D, add Cannon F,G and H. This would add flexibility to PA's and give a good reason to fight the tougher enemy.
- +100Z - +200Z
- A much larger version of the base Virus

GoblinGilmartin
2010-11-05, 12:37 PM
I'm also going to take the default of 10 is the middle ground for a stat, being viruses, I think INT 10, and WIS 10 are a minimum, except for maybe the results of a bumbling programmer. I would think with all the navi's about, viruses need to be somewhat intelligent and aware to survive. CHA might be good for DC's, [S]but again I haven't read through the entire thread yet.

well... see the thing about viruses is that they don't survive, not always anyway. There is so many of them that it seems like they don't go down.

I mean, i guess that there ARE exceptions, viruses can show affection, but maybe that is just instinct? Viruses in the MMBN series are created from junk data, i don't think that they all were man made. They are like an infection that spreads all over.

wait... would that make zombies intelligent for forming groups? no... seriously... would it? hrmm......

OH BRAINSTORM!!!!!
Virus template possibilities:
Data collector: has survived for a long time, and has gathered much junk data, making it bigger and stronger
Corrupted data virus: programming errors caused it to mutate and become...uhh....pointier, i don't really know how eles to say it.

man... Virus theory is interesting, and i ramble too much...:smallsmile:

Jjeinn-tae
2010-11-05, 03:02 PM
well... see the thing about viruses is that they don't survive, not always anyway. There is so many of them that it seems like they don't go down.

I mean, i guess that there ARE exceptions, viruses can show affection, but maybe that is just instinct? Viruses in the MMBN series are created from junk data, i don't think that they all were man made. They are like an infection that spreads all over.

Hmm, good point, and probably some of the ones that were man-made, weren't originally viruses and got corrupted by junk-data, which would make them less effective.

OH BRAINSTORM!!!!!
Virus template possibilities:
Data collector: has survived for a long time, and has gathered much junk data, making it bigger and stronger
Corrupted data virus: programming errors caused it to mutate and become...uhh....pointier, i don't really know how eles to say it.

man... Virus theory is interesting, and i ramble too much...:smallsmile

No, rambling is pretty necessary for an abstract group project, as for templates that seems like a good idea. I'm going to update my previous post so I have things n the same spot, I have some ideas for template stats.

wait... would that make zombies intelligent for forming groups? no... seriously... would it? hrmm......

...I think it might, come to think of it; though I'm not entirely sure if it's their intelligence that we're seeing.

GoblinGilmartin
2010-11-08, 02:54 PM
...I think it might, come to think of it; though I'm not entirely sure if it's their intelligence that we're seeing.

like a hive-mind?

The_Admiral
2010-11-09, 04:49 AM
I think that i will take over the job of creating battle chips

093 Boomerang 2
Range:
(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)
( )(N)( )( )( )(*)
(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)
( )=5 feet
Legal Codes: E I K N V *

094 Boomerang 3
Range:
(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)
( )(N)( )( )( )(*)
(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)
( )=5 feet
Legal Codes: L O P U Z

GoblinGilmartin
2010-11-09, 02:00 PM
I think that i will take over the job of creating battle chips

sounds like a plan! Once we get to 100, i'll re-post the total list

Jjeinn-tae
2010-11-19, 06:08 PM
It really seems like I should be calculating speed right here and now, but in the games they tend to not move very far, those battles didn't really allow much of it... Even in Network Transmission I think enemies were pretty stationary.

Are we keeping the battles like they are in most of the games, in a very small grid with "territory" that you're allowed in, or more open, like most PnP's? I think the grid format might be a good way to make it unique, but not everyone is going to like that.

The_Admiral
2010-11-25, 03:54 AM
095 Poison Mask
Accuracy Class: S
Damage: 10 per turn(Poison)
Range:
A large mask appears in front of your navi and a 30 feet line of poison gas appears in front of the mask when activated (Takes a quick action)
Legal Codes: A F N Q V *

096 Poison Face
Accuracy Class: S
Damage: 10 per turn(Poison)
Range:
A large mask appears in front of your navi and poison gas appears around the mask when activated (Takes a quick action)
Legal Codes: E I K N V *

Sorry i forgot can someone PM me if i don't post here for at least 2 days?

GoblinGilmartin
2010-11-29, 01:54 PM
Sorry i forgot can someone PM me if i don't post here for at least 2 days?

hrmm? oh, it's fine, I'm, to be perfectly honest, skint for ideas.

So take as much time as you need, no need to check in with us, no deadlines here.

Taisuru
2010-11-30, 01:33 PM
Somebody linked me to this cause he's an idiot. Anyways, i also worked on a Battle Network d20 system (Which the guy thought you were stealing ideas from, I don't really care either way)

Anyways, here's what I got done. Not much (A lot of what I had planned isn't even on it), but if it furthers progress on a complete Megaman EXE system feel free to use it.

The_Admiral
2010-11-30, 11:35 PM
Somebody linked me to this cause he's an idiot. Anyways, i also worked on a Battle Network d20 system (Which the guy thought you were stealing ideas from, I don't really care either way)

Anyways, here's what I got done. Not much (A lot of what I had planned isn't even on it), but if it furthers progress on a complete Megaman EXE system feel free to use it.

What happened to that system?

The_Admiral
2010-12-02, 08:40 AM
097 Stone Arm 1
Accuracy Class: ?
Range:A Quaker virus appears in front of your navi and makes a standard attack for 100 damage
Legal Codes: D H J O P *

098 Stone Arm 2
Damage: 150
Range:A Quaker virus appears in front of your navi and makes a standard attack for 150 damage
Legal Codes: G M P S V *

099 Stone Arm 3
Damage: 200
Range:A Quaker virus appears in front of your navi and makes a standard attack for 200 damage
Legal Codes: C I L T Z

100 Curse Shield 1
Range:A shield appears in front of your navi for a full round action if you are hit by the enemy will be given 160 damage
Legal Codes: A C H L P *

101 Curse Shield 2
Damage: 210
Range:A shield appears in front of your navi for a full round action if you are hit by the enemy will be given 210 damage
Legal Codes: B C L S T

102 Curse Shield 3
Damage: 260
Range:A shield appears in front of your navi for a full round action if you are hit by the enemy will be given 260 damage
Legal Codes: C E L N R

GoblinGilmartin
2010-12-22, 10:43 PM
huh... i havent been getting the updates for this thread for some reason...

...well, i'll have plenty of time tomorrow, so i'll finish the "complete chips" list and think of what else needs to be taken care of..

sorry, i've been quiet for so long, I'd... kinda lost interest in this project...
I'm running a gaming club at my high school now, i'm larping on the wekends... trying to keep my grades up... you know how it is...

...but i'll really try to get back into it
Obvious? please, keep working on the chips, and i'll list them up as they come.
I lost the original list, so i'll need to start fresh. That should only take an hour or so, and i'll start first thing tomorrow.:smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin :

GoblinGilmartin
2010-12-23, 04:58 PM
huh... i havent been getting the updates for this thread for some reason...

...well, i'll have plenty of time tomorrow, so i'll finish the "complete chips" list and think of what else needs to be taken care of..

sorry, i've been quiet for so long, I'd... kinda lost interest in this project...
I'm running a gaming club at my high school now, i'm larping on the wekends... trying to keep my grades up... you know how it is...

...but i'll really try to get back into it
Obvious? please, keep working on the chips, and i'll list them up as they come.
I lost the original list, so i'll need to start fresh. That should only take an hour or so, and i'll start first thing tomorrow.:smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin :

So, I finished the tally list... and i'm missing two chips, 031, and... 084
if you can tell me where those are, i'll add them to the list, and Obvious? you botched the numbering around the end of the eighties so when i post the list, could you fix that? should'nt take too long, its just busywork...

Jjeinn-tae
2010-12-23, 05:04 PM
Ok, I'm "back."

I still do want to know, is movement handled like DnD with a movement speed? Or like the Network Games themselves with the two groups of 9 by 9 grids?

GoblinGilmartin
2010-12-23, 05:38 PM
Ok, I'm "back."

I still do want to know, is movement handled like DnD with a movement speed? Or like the Network Games themselves with the two groups of 9 by 9 grids?

movement speed...

The_Admiral
2010-12-30, 06:28 AM
031 is in post 91
084 is hold on i will recount
EDIT:084 is in post 149 I double numbered it

GoblinGilmartin
2011-01-03, 01:47 PM
'k, but i'm back at school now, so i'll be a bit slow. i'll try to be on at least once a day, but only for short whiles...

edit:
so, the double number was the mistake, right? it's fine, it just confused me...

The_Admiral
2011-01-15, 04:48 AM
Mastergillimesh can you post the chip list you have because i jump computers a lot so i dont have a recording of every chip sometimes i did

GoblinGilmartin
2011-01-21, 12:10 PM
well... I'll get you the list, soon, as i have very limited amounts of time on the computer, but after that, i feel like i should hand over the reigns of this project to you, Captain_Obvious, I just really don't feel as if i am investing the necessary time and effort that this project deserves, and i'm sure you agree. IT was a great idea when i started, but i'm really slipping, maybe i'm more into playing than creating... sorry guys

btw... what the hell happened to Thelas? Did he drop off the face of the earth or something?

edit:
or, as i see that Obvious will be busy for the coming exam year, maybe we should just kill the project now and maybe someone else will continue where we left off...:smallfrown:

Jjeinn-tae
2011-01-21, 04:57 PM
Never outright kill the project, put it on hold. Others may enjoy using it as a springboard, or even add to what you have here. If you like the project, work on it little bits as you are able, it's what I do with most of my stuff.

I must apologize for my absence here, my college has picked up, with a group project, being in game design, that's rather intense, particularly coupled with creating my own game on the side. Working on mechanical aspects not relating to those has frankly gotten difficult if it takes more than a couple minutes of thinking at a time.

The_Admiral
2011-01-22, 07:00 AM
How about putting it on hold until November?

GoblinGilmartin
2011-01-22, 05:24 PM
Umm....november sounds good... wait...february, march, april, may, june, july... that might count as thread necromancy.....
...I mean, november sounds good, but myself or someone else will need to go and check on it.

And i didn't mean, like... wipe all the info, anyone who wants to use this as a springboard or something of the like is perfectly welcome to.

But i can do November....:smallsmile:

Jjeinn-tae
2011-01-22, 05:29 PM
Provided you're the one to start it back up, it doesn't matter. The OP can necromance their own thread in the Homebrew section.

The_Admiral
2011-01-23, 06:37 AM
So November it is bye for now have a good year

GoblinGilmartin
2011-01-24, 12:14 PM
kewl. bye:smallbiggrin:

GoblinGilmartin
2011-11-02, 08:45 PM
A day late and a dollar short...
When i first started this thread, i knew basically jack about RPGs, i was a total noob. Now that we've all grown a bit and had some time to think, i want to open the floor to any new suggestions. I've been considering changing the type of system that the game would be on. I'm sure you all have ideas, so please, fire away.

to the admins, sorry 4 the double post....

The_Admiral
2011-11-03, 10:27 AM
Buahahahaha D6 sounds like a good idea.

GoblinGilmartin
2011-11-03, 05:48 PM
I've been looking at the shadowrun books recently, we might be able to pull some inspiration from those...

Jjeinn-tae
2011-11-04, 04:29 AM
I too, am personally fond of the d6 system. Works well with the series too I think...

Though, there is a card-based system I've heard of that works amazingly I've heard. Forget the name for it at the moment, but I'll probably stumble upon it again before too long. ...Kind of has the problem that it would actually require cards though...

Deviston
2011-11-04, 08:34 AM
This .exe project I do not support. HOWEVER! By pure virtue that it is Megaman + dice I completely bless your venture :p

GoblinGilmartin
2011-11-04, 11:35 PM
Well Deviston, I am sad you disapprove of .exe. Do you not like TRON either? I jest...thank you for your blessings.
cards hmm? tell us about it.

The_Admiral
2011-11-05, 10:47 PM
So Character Creation uses the priority system?

{table=head]Priority|Elemental|Zenny|Skills|Attributes|Type|

A|
Yes|
x|
50|
30|
Custom|

B|
Yes|
x|
40|
27|
Combat|

C|
No|
x|
34|
24|
Security|

D|
No|
x|
30|
21|
Courier|

E|
No|
x|
27|
18|
Standard|[/table]

I copied the numbers from shadowrun 3e core I will change it based on on our work here and the types will be fleshed out later.

GoblinGilmartin
2011-11-07, 08:35 PM
not quite... i was thinking that the elements wouldnt be held in as high regard. And what about the whole buster/boomer/sheild/slasher/bomber type mechanic?

but that would be a cool way to speed up character creation.

The_Admiral
2011-11-07, 11:20 PM
I was thinking being elemental will give you partial http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CripplingOverspecialization. You deal extra damage to everyone and even more to the element weak against you but the element you're weak against deals extra damage against you. And the types meh they were placeholders.

GoblinGilmartin
2011-11-08, 10:52 PM
placeholders for what? i thought it was a cool system...

flabort
2011-11-08, 11:06 PM
Hmm. Been a while since I played one of these. Ah, I love the series, though.

Always wanted my own... great, I forget the name :smallfrown: Navi?
That doesn't seem right, that's the same name as the fairy Link wants to kill in every web comic featuring him ever. :smalltongue: And in OoT.

I think I have an idea to help, but I ran out of time while considering what to write here, I'll post it later.

The_Admiral
2011-11-09, 02:50 AM
Thy Navi types not element. They are just a tron joke cause I don't see how I can expand on them. And Flabort, Net Navigator.

Jjeinn-tae
2011-11-09, 06:17 AM
cards hmm? tell us about it.

As said, don't know the system personally, and unfortunately do not remember the name; but it is something I bump into on TVTropes on decent frequency. I know it's Wild West Themed... How hard could it be to find intentionally... I'll do some digging. :smalltongue:

The_Admiral
2011-11-09, 06:18 AM
Is it deadlands?

Jjeinn-tae
2011-11-09, 06:30 AM
Is it deadlands?

It is not, though that looks like it could be interesting inspiration too, looking at it... Using a regular deck of cards would be much more convenient, and really from there is where the creativity can flow... Particularly if it's alongside dice like Deadlands...

Meriss
2011-11-09, 08:51 AM
It is not, though that looks like it could be interesting inspiration too, looking at it... Using a regular deck of cards would be much more convenient, and really from there is where the creativity can flow... Particularly if it's alongside dice like Deadlands...

Are you thinking of Savage Worlds perchance?

flabort
2011-11-09, 02:24 PM
Alright, so there was a side-game in the series with simplified mechanics. A tourney, where you only got to use three chips each battle and whatnot.

So, I noticed while playing it that there were several 'basic' Navis (Yay! I was right! :smallbiggrin:) that were pallet swapped, basic elemental navis.

So, why not make the elements like races, and the weapons (swords like protoman, busters like megaman, or whatnot) into classes? This doesn't count in the NaviCust, or Battle Chips, but by writing those in two simple separate categories, I think that should simplify things. You... may have already done something like this, though. :smallredface:

I'm wondering how you'd handle navi's like ChessMan and that sand-y guy in that tourney, with the massive sand barriers (You needed water to beat him, or an overwhelming number of attacks if you didn't). Just... Multiple Entity Navis, or MEN, seem like they'd be a hard thing to handle (That acronym was not on purpose, not trying to be gender discriminate).

I always wanted a fire slasher navi; a short, bearded dwarf themed navi with a ridiculously sized pair of swords and flaming hair/beard. Actually, the swords would be so large compared to the Navi, and the Navi so small, that the swords would actually be the size of a normal navi when he holds them, and he'd be the size of MegaMan's buster. ForgeMan.Exe, I call him. :smalltongue:

The_Admiral
2011-11-09, 03:49 PM
The problem with elements like races is that using the priority system, it will imply that one element is better than the rest and it will be a headache trying to arrange them. Types however...... Oh crap another headache. Ok lets see, the most common is the gun so busters are at the bottom. The least common is the sword? i guess, so it's at the top but I have no idea about the other three in the middle.

GoblinGilmartin
2011-11-09, 11:33 PM
Alright, so there was a side-game in the series with simplified mechanics. A tourney, where you only got to use three chips each battle and whatnot.

So, I noticed while playing it that there were several 'basic' Navis (Yay! I was right! :smallbiggrin:) that were pallet swapped, basic elemental navis.

So, why not make the elements like races, and the weapons (swords like protoman, busters like megaman, or whatnot) into classes? This doesn't count in the NaviCust, or Battle Chips, but by writing those in two simple separate categories, I think that should simplify things. You... may have already done something like this, though. :smallredface:

I'm wondering how you'd handle navi's like ChessMan and that sand-y guy in that tourney, with the massive sand barriers (You needed water to beat him, or an overwhelming number of attacks if you didn't). Just... Multiple Entity Navis, or MEN, seem like they'd be a hard thing to handle (That acronym was not on purpose, not trying to be gender discriminate).

I always wanted a fire slasher navi; a short, bearded dwarf themed navi with a ridiculously sized pair of swords and flaming hair/beard. Actually, the swords would be so large compared to the Navi, and the Navi so small, that the swords would actually be the size of a normal navi when he holds them, and he'd be the size of MegaMan's buster. ForgeMan.Exe, I call him. :smalltongue:

Azerman.exe?
you're talking, i think, about battle chip challenge.

see, in the games, the navi's always have a weapon as their signature, and that usually wont change, but the element is usually pretty mutable.

and, Cap? each would be balanced....or at least as balanced as we can make them. I siad take inspiration from shadowrun, not follow it to the letter. I think we can let a few things slide... I just figured that signature weapons tend to stick to type. If we divide the navis up by weapon archetype, then we have a good race mechanic.
Again, Slasher=Protoman
Bomber=Bombman,
Buster=Megaman,Serchman
Boomer=Glyde, Roll
Basher=Gutsman
(they don't have to be called these by the way, we can come up with some better names in good time.

and then you multiply those by the number of elements, an you have some good variety.

I'm sorry i keep harping on this, but i really think that it is a good idea and should keep it in, at least in spirit....

The_Admiral
2011-11-10, 02:34 AM
I don't understand 4e at all.......

That was not related in any way whatsoever. Ok I used the priority system because
1) We need a base, a mechanical skeleton to build the game around or else we will end up like most /TG/ projects.
2) It's easy to use.

GoblinGilmartin
2011-11-10, 11:21 PM
That is fine... I'm just saying that certain liberties need to be taken.

...maybe... you can choose an archetype, and then where you put your archetype is how specialized you are in it.

In the element system, having no element shouldnt be worse than having one.

The_Admiral
2011-11-14, 02:52 AM
Ok to make things easier I think M&M 3e has the right idea. Attribute bonuses are based on the number of the attribute such as if you have a strength of five the bonus your strength gives is five. Another thing I think we need to copy from M&M is the dissociation of statistics and combat bonuses.

GoblinGilmartin
2011-11-16, 06:04 PM
dissociation of... huh? can you elaborate?

The_Admiral
2011-11-17, 09:56 PM
Your strength score does not affect your accuracy or damage.

GoblinGilmartin
2011-11-18, 06:11 PM
what would the application of strength be then?

The_Admiral
2011-11-20, 01:24 AM
Out of combat stuff. In combat ability is separate from out of combat ability.

GoblinGilmartin
2011-11-20, 02:45 PM
so, smashing in a head with a (cyber)hammer and smashing in a (cyber)door will be tracked (cyber)separately?

The_Admiral
2011-11-20, 11:32 PM
Basically yes. The ability to smash open a door does not mean you are good at fighting. Look at gutsman.

flabort
2011-11-21, 11:29 AM
Look at gutsman.

The yellow cowboy with fists of ham? Yeah... come to think of it, I've never, ever seen him to be of use outside combat at all.

Comes of being a PROGRAM, I guess. You think things are abstract in DnD, well, things are much more abstract for things like programs :smallcool:

GoblinGilmartin
2011-11-21, 05:47 PM
well, apply enough force in one direction long enough, and something's gonna break...but i see your point. What should there be instead? A stat that is the average between strength and dexterity or wits or something?

The_Admiral
2011-11-22, 03:34 PM
I was thinking ripping off M&M and having as stat specifically for combat accuracy.

flabort
2011-11-23, 03:25 PM
I was thinking ripping off M&M and having as stat specifically for combat accuracy.

Again, programs are more abstract than even roleplaying games are. :smalltongue: Being able to 'delete' something based on... how much a program "hits" it is hardly a perfect analogue to real life.

So a stat to see how accurate you are makes perfect sense, actually. That is, if accuracy even comes into play. See, at the bits and bytes level, that would represent being able to identify the problem, find the virus.

And then a stat for how hard you hit, well, that would be how effectively a quick addition or removal of certain pieces of code might be. Or whatever, I actually can't figure this one out.

And a stat for how strong you are outside of combat... Well, lets see. That might be your memory space? How much data you can store at a time? And so a huge "heavy" roadblock would represent a large amount of data. A Navi with a huge capacity could lift it, "storing" it in their temporary memory for another Navi to get past. Really, this would be a lot like "Copy (or cut) and Paste". It would slow the Navi down to carry this, because they now have much less memory space to process their own movements.

I don't know. As I just said, it's all very abstract. A Navi is an abstract representation of an already abstract system. Somebody else could maybe come up with a better comparison, a better metaphor, but this would work.

GoblinGilmartin
2011-11-24, 12:20 AM
flabort, do you understand megaman.exe? a lot of the framework is already set. You're thinking of it in real program terms... You're overthinking it a bit....i think

flabort
2011-11-24, 11:42 AM
I've played a bunch of the games, made it to the final boss in two (The one with Alpha, and the one with the Cybeasts).

I'm just saying, we're trying to make an abstract system, for an abstract representation of an abstract concept :smalltongue:. So, yes, I'm purposefully over thinking it. :smallcool:

The_Admiral
2011-11-24, 02:25 PM
@ Flabort, you're awesome.
Stats are
Memory = Str
like you said
Code Coherence = Dex
Code Volume = Con

mental stats I'm not so sure of

big question though, how do we handle recharging battlechips? I supporting specific tools to do that out of cyberspace but it takes time based on eer, Damage possible? 1 round for ten damage the chip can do.

unrelated I just ran into This (http://www.mmbnchronox.com/)

GoblinGilmartin
2011-11-24, 03:17 PM
Flabort, yeah, i get it. I've never beat a mmbn game except for red sun, i've beat that one like three times... i've gotten to the boss on two others...

i'm just saying...cyberspace and navis are different than the internet and real programs....at least to me.

I just have to say, i know nothing about programs or programming, i took one class on BASIC and failed it...so i dont think in those terms...