PDA

View Full Version : Question of Capping Skills:

Os1ris09
2010-06-12, 02:24 AM
I know there are some skills that you just don't cap like spellcraft, but at what point do you "cap" knowledge Skills. right now I have 9 ranks in 5 different knowledge Skills with the Knowledge devotion feat and I can gain a bonus no matter what I roll. I have a total modifier of +16/17 depending on the skill in question. Would this constitute a good time to cap those skills and move on to something more useful or should I keep putting ranks into my knowledges?

gallagher
2010-06-12, 02:40 AM
I know there are some skills that you just don't cap like spellcraft, but at what point do you "cap" knowledge Skills. right now I have 9 ranks in 5 different knowledge Skills with the Knowledge devotion feat and I can gain a bonus no matter what I roll. I have a total modifier of +16/17 depending on the skill in question. Would this constitute a good time to cap those skills and move on to something more useful or should I keep putting ranks into my knowledges?

What class are you? I'm going to assume cloistered cleric, because it's free knowledge devotion and lots o' skills. If so, there's not much else besides heal (whichis incredibly useful if your dm is a ****) diplomacy and spellcraft. If you have other skills, and are suffering in those areas, like hide, I would consder giving those skills some love and look for permanent bonuses to th. But your knowledge devotion gives you enough of a bonus that you will wan to make sure that they stay high too

Os1ris09
2010-06-12, 02:50 AM
What class are you? I'm going to assume cloistered cleric, because it's free knowledge devotion and lots o' skills. If so, there's not much else besides heal (whichis incredibly useful if your dm is a ****) diplomacy and spellcraft. If you have other skills, and are suffering in those areas, like hide, I would consder giving those skills some love and look for permanent bonuses to th. But your knowledge devotion gives you enough of a bonus that you will wan to make sure that they stay high too

The build I am playing right now that might change if I die is the following:

Cloistered Cleric 1/Warlock 1/Cloistered Cleric 3/E.D. 1

The skills I have at Max due to a high INT score AND the DM's houserule that all skills from the classes you have are treated as class skills regardless of the class you take.

Arcana, Dungeoneering, Nature, The Planes, Religion, UMD, Spellcraft

So the C-Cleric skills are the warlocks skills and the ED's skills and so on so forth.