PDA

View Full Version : Crazy familiars

Fenrazer
2010-06-12, 03:19 AM
Thats the topic...GO!

Nah. Just brainstorming up a familiar for my Dark'lock and wasn't sure what to use. Then I started thinking up some crazy junk and figured I'd see what some of the strangest familiars the playground has seen were:smallbiggrin:.

Critical
2010-06-12, 03:40 AM
Once in a game I got tired of my character, and he was unconcious from the last session, so his raven familiar plucked his eyes off. Don't have nothing else though, I ususally swap them for some ACF. :smalltongue:

AustontheGreat1
2010-06-12, 03:46 AM
I bring this up every time there is thread on cool familiar. I love living spell familiars from the Spell Sovereign PrC. I had a living phantasmal killer (I know that it doesn't qualify for it, but me and my DM came to an agreement.) It would follow me in the form of a cat. the it would seemingly transform into a massive dire tiger and the person would either succeed their save or die of fright fighting an imaginary monster.

Just my opinion.:smallsmile:

Naia
2010-06-12, 07:23 AM
I once played with a PC that wanted a raven familiar, which could talk Common. And talk it did. Talk, talk, talk... you get the picture... for 1 session - then the DM killed it off (at no penalty to the PC - and she got another familiar). :smallamused:

Oh, and another had a small snake, that was hidden on his person. Constantly poked its head out from all possible places. But was never once found when he was stripsearched. We didn't ask... :smalleek:

LibraryOgre
2010-06-12, 02:17 PM
In our Night Below campaign, my Gnome has a pseudodragon. They argue. A lot. I actually based it on the relationship between me and the DM, where most of our discussions are friendly arguments.

AustontheGreat1
2010-06-12, 02:34 PM
Oh, I have another one!

I had a friend who plaid a decrepit old wizard named Kor Blankenvich as a joke. I know that as a 20th level wizard he had like 16 hit points, he was really funny. Any way, he began the game with a mimic familiar which he used as a hair piece which would jump up and attack people when he was grappled. When that character lost his leg from solidifying from a gaseous form spell inside an Ogre Mage's lung, he used the mimic as a prosthetic limb. Man that was a fun game.