PDA

View Full Version : Ain't No Rest for the Wicked [IC]

ZeroNumerous
2010-06-12, 03:30 AM
Toraten

The rolling grassland lay bathed in fresh light as morning came to Toraten. At least, you had come to call this time 'morning'. In fact, Toraten lacked a sun in the sky, but it had the dim cycles and the bright cycles that simulated all the stages of sunrise through sunset. You awaken where you had last went to sleep, as is the way of things in Toraten. Beds and structures did not last long, as fighting damaged or destroyed almost all of them. Many tigers slept in trees or wherever they lay down, and only tigers familiar with you would disturb you. You have three days left to remain in Toraten, according to Haitei.

Four days ago, Haitei had informed you that this was the last week before your bodies would be damaged by the chakra of Toraten. He spoke plainly: You would either leave before the week was over or be changed into a tiger and be inducted into the Blood Pact. The ancient tiger left you with instructions that, if you wished to be showed the way out, you need only visit Tora-sensei and she would guide you to the human world.

The Unborne
2010-06-13, 02:12 AM
Toshio

A familiar zephyr surfed atop the blades of Toraten's limitless savannah; the wave of underbrush flowed freely towards the western horizon and crashed against the trunk of an ebony tree. As the thicket of shrubs slapped against the black timber, the gentle breeze snaked its way up the entire length and rustled the branches skyward. Of these limbs, a slim twig snapped cleanly off. The wind blew the broken appendage away from its main body, and it sailed the gusts to another location in a glade nearby. On the tip of the floating branchlet was the bud of a persimmon; the youngling flower acted as a mast for ebony twig as it swirled around in the blowing winds.

The small vessel took on a vagabond course as it fell towards the dense foliage of the glade. Every now and then the flowered twig would brush against the wheat-colored shrubbery, but it would shortly lift off again with the cycling winds. After enough brief landings and lift offs, the bud detached itself from the sailing branch and took its own route. It soon found it's own landing spot in a clearing of tall, golden straw: a patch of red sprouts. It swayed back and forth before gently plopping onto its red target.

The flower rose slowly as the patch of red below revealed itself to be hair connected to a rising face. In a savannah like Toraten, one can surmise that only tigers stalked the endless prairie, but here was the face of a human. His visage wasn't a pleasant one. Deep crevices lined his face, scars from a previous time. Along with these facial crags were sanguine scabs, a tell-tale sign of recent skirmishes. These scars, however, did not make the face look like a war-torn veteran. They made the person look more akin to a zombie than anything else. The only pristine portions of his skin were around the eye sockets that surrounded a lively pair of baby blues. Both of them spun around haphazardly and independent of each other as if they were taking in every surrounding detail. They soon stopped their furious movements and settled on the same view.

A ways off was a small clearing—free of brushwood—with a lone tree occupying its center. Unlike the ebonies of the region, this tree grew to a staggering height and canopied a large area below from the harsh sun above. Underneath its shade, a slumbering tiger rolled around to reveal a large snot bubble inflating and deflating with each snore.

The nearby vegetation began to flap around as a figure stalked his way through the dense foliage. This waving of the plants would occur in short spurts as the person popped his head up to look at the sleeping feline and then continue his way through the brush. The rustling soon ceased as the person shifted the final stalks from out of his view. His ever-spinning eyes were still locked on the tiger ahead of him and now there was toothy grin plastered on his lips.

His entire body vanished from the hiding place leaving the persimmon bud that had crowned his head wondering where it should fly to next. To the normal eye, one could not see that he was sprinting forward at superhuman speeds. It was only until he leapt into the air that his figure slowed down long enough to reveal a rather damaged and rather nude body—a body that was aimed directly at a rather dangerous tiger.

OOC:

Hit Points: 64/64 (-5)
Chakra Pool: 80/85
Chakra Reserve: 30/30
Armour Class: 26
Ongoing Effects: Rank 2 Speed (0/5); Rank 2 Strength (0/5); Striking Tiger (Stance)

Free:
Rank 2 Speed!
Rank 2 Strength!

Swift Action:
Shinobi Secrets: Stances - Striking Tiger!

Move Action:
Move!
Go to (tiger, tree)

Standard Action:
Grab!
Touch Attack: [roll0]

Free Action:
Hold!
Opposed Grapple Check: [roll1]

Catch
2010-06-13, 04:13 AM
Akimoto Akio

Daylight sprinkled through the leaves of a tree where a young man slept, perched on a branch high above the ground, himself slumped against the tree's great trunk and dreaming of unknowable things. He murmured softly, stirring as the light brushed his eyelids, and woke into a morning indistinct from any other. Time was an old river in Toraten, bending and curving, wrapping itself around the landscape and sloughing off so many days like silt. This day, however, would be one of the last of its kind.

The young man blinked open heavy-lidded eyes, cracked his neck this way and that, and unleashed a feral yawn that bared a mouthful of slick white teeth. He was pale for someone who slept outdoors and roamed with tigers, with a touch of pallidness to his cheeks and sunken flesh around amber eyes. Wiping black hair from his face where the careless wind had laid it, the young man sat up, stretched, and, now awake, pressed his palm against the trunk where he had lay. A dark blotch crept from underneath his fingers, the bark blackened and shriveled, and a touch of color seemed to blossom under his skin. When he drew his hand away, a patch of blighted wood remained in the vague shape of a hand.

In a bound, the young man dropped to the ground with a flutter of his tattered cloak and landed easily in a crouch. Squinting across the landscape of golden underbrush and crooked trees in all directions, he saw piles of orange tiger asleep in every crop of shade and not one of them was the creature the young man wanted to see. He set off at a patient trot, nothing too exerting for such an early hour, prowling past groups of still-sleeping tigers sprawled out and tails a-twitching until he found a tree, distant from the others, and with only one cat. It slept with its head laid down on its paws, composed instead of poured out on the ground like the younger tigers, and the white fur around its eyes had descended its snout, giving the tiger an aged, distinguished appearance. The young man sat down cross-legged next to the tiger, plucked a piece of grass and stuck it between his teeth.

"Hey, Noboru. You awake or am I gonna have to start pullin' whiskers?"

Paragon Badger
2010-06-13, 06:09 AM
"You have no say in this, Takeshi." Kitano Mibu said harshly to his son-in-law, "He is your son, yes... but still my grandchild, one yet to be carried forth from the womb."

"Your wife agrees with me, as well." The venerable shinobi said with finality, "I do not want my unborn grandson born into this ugly world of meaningless war and death. As the patriarch of the True Red Eyes branch of the Mibu clan, I reserve the right to move it to the Land of Rice Fields."

"But none of the others have agreed to follow you! It will be just us three and Ichimaru out there. You cannot so easily abandon a hidden village like that. We won't have any protection... Ichimaru will need to learn how to fight!"

"You are still so naive, Takeshi." The elder said as he narrowed his obsidian and red eyes upon the man, "In the village, Ichimaru will learn how to fight, yes... But when he becomes an adolescent, he will be expected to kill. A war has just ended, Takeshi... and I have no doubt in my mind that many more will follow. Did you not see with your own eyes just how meaningless and trivial all those deaths had been? No, this is not the world I want my grandchild to inherit."

"I have no choice. I cannot abandon my wife." Takeshi answered.

"She has chosen responsibly a good life for her child, Takeshi." The aged veteran replied, "She has chosen wisely."

A young man was sitting cross-legged on an oasis in the middle of a savannah. It had a large tree hanging over it and was surrounded on all sides by thick grass. Normally he'd be training, playing with the pups, or seeking wisdom from any one of the veteran tiger lords here... but today was different. He had to choose between a life in Toraten of indulgence and serenity... or to return back to the world of Shinobi, the world that took away his family.

He had spikey brown hair down to the back of his neck, with long bangs that framed his face and covered where his eyes would have been. The blind shinobi had bandages wrapped around his head, covering the gorey sockets that he had scraped clean with a pair of shuriken long ago. His biceps, neck, and chest had been covered in bandages as well. Whether this was from training or an emulation of the mummy-nin, it was unclear. He wore a sleeveless dark grey robe, a black sash, and a nearly white tiger-striped pair of pants. His forearms and shins were covered in fishnet, and he had black gloves and sandals. Splayed across his lap was a simple wooden cane, unassuming as it was sheathed (and deadly when it wasn't.)

This was Mibu Ichimaru, son of Mibu Takeshi, grandson of the great swordsman Mibu Kitano. Outside of this sacred place, he went by Zato Ichimaru... but here he did not have any reason to hide his true identidy. No one would follow him here and bring him back to that dreaded snake nin...

Orochimaru stood silent in the rain, his presence shared by another... the Mibu family patriarch. Clad in full samurai armor, the ancient man stared down into the snake-like eyes of the Sannin with his own pure red orbs.

Mibu Kitano was an expert swordsman, and by all appearances, he had given the legendary snake nin a tough time with it. Orochimaru had a few cuts on him, but he seemed unfazed by it all."Now...where is that son of yours? Hiding like a rat, no doubt... Fitting, for one soon to become the snake's prey."

Kitano wasn't moved, instead remaining focused purely on his adversary."No matter. You won't have to worry about your granchild's future for very long, Kitano. After I kill you, and his father... I'll make sure little Ichimaru-kun receives the best of trai-"

There was a flash in the air, and Kitano appeared behind Orochimaru, his arm and blade extended as he cut the sannin in twain. ...But there was a puff of smoke, and instead, the body of Ichimaru's mother split in half. Kitano's red eyes widened in disbelief. "...My daughter." He said to himself in shock.

"Heh heh heh heh. You didn't hide her well enough, Kitano."Orochimaru said from atop the roof of a house, while a shadow clone walked out from inside the Mibu home, "Pity little Ichimaru-kun wasn't so easy to find." "No matter." His clone said, waving a hand, "We'll find him soon enough."

"My son..." Takeshi said to Ichimaru as he rested his back upon a tree trunk.

"I can't go on any more..."The father sullenly admitted as tears began to well up in Ichimaru's big red eyes. "Listen! ...Orochimaru wants our blood ...our eyes."

The boy could only helplessly watch as the life began to fade from Takeshi's earthly form, "You have to run, little Ichi-kun..." He said as a tear began to stream down his own cheek, "You have to run for the future of our clan... We must never allow the true red eyes to become a tool for Orochimaru.. D-Do you hear me!?"

"...Yes, Father." The little boy replied, his lips quivering.

"Now run!"

If Ichimaru decided to live out the rest of his days here, in Toraten, that would be the end of Kitano's line of True Red Eyes... This was not a decision to be made lightly.

"Takeshi!" Kitano screamed out as the blade Kusanagi pierced his samurai O-Yoroi and stuck out through his back, "...Forgive me." Orochimaru could only smile in response... The ancient Mibu patriarch dropped his katana and started furiously on the handseals for self-destruction, but Orochimaru's clone lept infront of him and crushed the shinobi's index and middle finger in his hand...

Takeshi's body had found itself surrounded by a pair of unusual shinobi. One, a man with four arms, narrowed his eyes derisively at the broken father. The other, with two heads, bent over to check the man's pulse.

The demonic ninja smiled as he looked to his comrade, his fingertips feeling nothing. Takeshi's eyes opened, and he extended his hand out to grip the ninja's arm fiercely. The sound and smell of paper burning into cinders infumed the two-headed shinobi's nostrils. In a rush, he pulled apart the Mibu warrior's vest, revealing a number of exploding tags...

The sound of an explosion rang out in the distance as Ichimaru ran through the woods. He stopped, frozen with the concept that his father had met his end. 'Ichimaru...' His final words creeping into the boy's heart, 'We must never allow the true red eyes to become a tool for Orochimaru.'

The boy fell to his knees, tears streaming down his cheeks. His father... His father knew what had to be done. Ichimaru reached into his small holster, pulling out a handful of shurikens. "F-father.."

Even Ichimaru did not fully comprehend his thinking at the time. Perhaps without his eyes, he would be of no use to Orochimaru. Perhaps blind, no one would recognize the legendary true red eyes of the Mibu clan- no one would inform Orochimaru of Ichimaru's location if they didn't know his importance.

Maybe he just hated himself, he hated his eyes for what their power had caused his family to die for.

Blood started to stain Ichimaru's bandages, and his crimson tears began to stream down his cheeks. He sniffed, for just a moment, then wiped his cheeks clean with the back of his hand.

He lowered his head, solemnly, reflecting upon the vibrations of the soundwaves penetrating the water he was floating upon... What simple and fascinating things he now 'saw', with his hearing and his senses.

He could live out the rest of his life here as a blind tiger sage... It wasn't an unpleasant prospect.

Ichimaru stood up, ripples spreading out from his feet upon the water. Orochimaru originally wanted the Mibu Clan's help in building his new sound village... but Kitano refused. The sannin knew that this was a dangerous man to oppose, and that any attempt to start a village without his approval or demise would be foolhardy. And so, Otogakure was built upon the corpses of Ichimaru's ancestors.

Ichimaru was the last heir of his bloodline. Even if he could not use it, the blind shinobi carried it in his very genes. He decided then, at that moment, that he would rebuild his clan... and he was going to start with the land of sound and its' hidden village. If Orochimaru's 'village' owed its' creation to the deaths of Ichimaru's father and grandfather, then that would make him its' true heir.

What better way to avenge their deaths then by supplanting Orochimaru's ghastly legacy with his own? Ichimaru sniffed again, stifling any more painful tears.... but he smiled as well.

Naturally, a flashback spam. At least it's not for a villian who is about to die, eh? :smallbiggrin:

I actually wanted to do something akin to what Unborne is doing, but that's not too feasible without a character sheet. <.<

Hyooz
2010-06-13, 06:39 PM
Kazuma

Laying back, he let the cool water run over his face, submerging himself fully for a few moments before coming back up. Toraten truly was a marvelous place. Unfortunately, Kazuma had no intention of spending the rest of his days as a tiger, so his time here was drawing to a close. Three more days... should find a way to use that time well. Stepping out of the stream, he shook off, smiling as he did so. Those tigers are rubbing off on me. Better watch myself or I'll start licking myself clean.

He began pulling his clothes back on; a fairly simple get-up, dark blue pants and a grey cotton shirt. Tying his headband to his forehead, he took the opportunity to look around, drinking in the scenery. Pity he had to leave. Toraten had been a great boon to his training. All these tigers to spar with, some great masters of the many forms of jutsu. It was a great place to focus, in more ways than one.

As he began winding his chain around his chest, he noticed some of the other humans in the distance. He'd seen them before, and if they had been allowed into Toraten, then they must be good sorts. Perhaps he'd have a chance to meet them before... or maybe when, they left. Until then, he was going to take advantage of the time he had.

Finally done with his chain, the sheathed the bladed kama attached to the end and began strolling toward the hill he'd been training with the tigers on. Maybe they'd meet him there, maybe not. Either way, it was nice and cloudy today... perhaps he could get a storm going.

Arudin
2010-06-13, 07:17 PM
A young man lounges in a tree, looking up at the clouds. Hard to believe it's been so long. Seems like only yesterday that... Shaking himself out of his nostalgia, he slowly rises from his position. In the same lazy manner he grabs his bag, which hangs from a nearby branch. Rummaging through his bag, he finds his mask and puts it on.

Dropping from the tree, he continues his preparations. Checking through the pockets of his dark gray jacket, he finds that everything is in place. Giving himself a final once over, he adjusts his gloves and strolls towards a distant rock.

Still, there's only three days left. Becoming a tiger probably wouldn't be so bad, but what then? I wouldn't be able to help my family, except as a summon. Maybe... No. I have to return. Sighing, he looks around at the plains of Toraten. He had learned so much from these tigers, both through imitation and actual instruction. It seemed sad to leave them.

Maybe one day, he could return, either with a way to circumvent the transformation, or just with the acceptance of what would happen. Standing up, he spots one of his mentors, specifically, the tiger that taught him how to be stealthier. His mind made, he goes to train and say goodbye.

ZeroNumerous
2010-06-13, 11:34 PM
Toshio

Toshio's chosen prey isn't a particularly large or impressive member of the species. It is large, easily as long as the boy is tall, but compared to many of the older members it is still a kitten. The tiger does not indicate surprise as Toshio stealthily approaches. With surprise on his side, Toshio leaps toward the mass of orange and black fur with lightning quickness. Grabbing the tiger was easy, but as soon as Toshio touches that beast's fur it turns into a thrashing mass. Twisting and writhing out of Toshio's hold, the tiger leaps to it's feet now fully awake and aware.

It adopts a low stance, bringing it's head parallel to the ground and bunching up it's powerful muscles. A pair of yellow eyes focus on Toshio's exposed body like a dog watching it's food. The tiger spends a scant few seconds enraptured by the idea that it has been given breakfast in bed. It suddenly roars as it tries to intimidate it's attacker into compliance.

Listen Check = 8; Grappling check = 31 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2561664/).

The tiger attempts to Intimidate Toshio. It's got a base +5 with a +2 for being Large versus Toshio's Medium. Rolled a 12 for 19 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2561682/). Toshio needs a level check or he's shaken for a round.

Akio

The tree's chakra 'tastes' much as one expects: Bland and uninteresting. Akio's stalk through the grassland is, for the most part, ignored. Humans had long since ceased to amuse or intrigue the young adults, and many of the cubs were still asleep. While Akio makes his way over to Noboru he, and most every tiger present, hears a loud roar off in the vaguely south direction. The sound doesn't phase any tiger except the oldest ones, whom raise their heads and look toward it's source.

Naturally Noboru does not move to look, nor does he raise his head when questioned. Instead, he simply rolls his one good eye to look at the human that bothered him with the patented disinterest of his kind. "I am not so old to have died whilst you slept," the tiger says in that heavy half-growl his species spoke with, "runt." Noboru adds the last word almost as an afterthought before rousing himself to a standing position. The old tiger is massive, much larger than any of the young adults, and scarred in ways that are surprising when one thinks that a tiger's claw has caused them all. In fact, the deep scar across his left eye--a straight up and down affair that blinded that one eye--was basically impossible for most tigers to perform. Noboru offered no explanation when asked, and only volunteered the same disinterested look he wore now.

"Anything in particular you were intending to wake me for?"

Ichimaru

Like most humans in Toraten, Ichimaru isn't bothered by the tigers unless he bothers one of them. And, like most days, today was no different. Many of the tigers that would otherwise come to the oasis to drink either wandered elsewhere or still slept. Unfortunately for Ichimaru, his meditation is violently interrupted by an extremely loud roar nearby. Luckily it wasn't so close as to cause him actual pain, but compared to most others Ichimaru heard the distant roar as if he were standing close enough to poke the tiger. Judging from the tone, Ichimaru guesses the tiger was surprised. It didn't carry the intonations indicating pain or pride, and none of the tigers roared without due reason.

Ichimaru, however, had more troublesome things to worry about. Even, heavy and human-like footfalls drew his attention northward toward a thick patch of trees. The source of the noise was well outside Ichimaru's 'sight' range, but he could hear the sounds of rustling in and a distinctly feminine sigh.

Kazuma

Traveling through the savanna of Toraten is much like one expects an endless plane of grass, trees and the occasional river to be: Boring. Thick, springy grass perfect for bouncing and pouncing on gives way beneath Kazuma's shoes. The hill he had used for training, a tall flat-topped affair lacking in significant tree coverage, was mostly empty. In part because of the early morning, but also because a familiar white-and-black tiger sits in the center of the ring. She seems to be looking up toward the sunless and moonless sky, as if seeing constellations that aren't revealing themselves to his eyes. Her tail dances from side to side with an excited energy, as if she were expecting something or someone today.

The tiger turns her entire body, standing and rotating in the same fluid graceful motion Kazuma had come to expect from her kind. A pair of piercing blue eyes, entirely unlike the yellow and gold common to Toraten, settle on Kazuma. The years here had been, for better or worse, educational concerning the body language of tigers. And right now Kazuma could tell the tiger before him was upset. "What do you need, cub?" Tora-sensei spoke with the characteristic half-growl of her species.

Washi

Washi approaches his selected tiger quickly. The big orange ball of fur crouches down in some tall grass whilst staring at something. When he reaches his mentor he finds the tiger staring at a familiar teenager. The boy in question is standing with one red-gloved hand on a black cloth-bound sword handle and the other gripping the sheathe in a weird stance that Washi identifies as battoujutsu. Three tigers, not counting Washi's mentor, circle the boy like sharks. His pale green eyes dance from tiger to tiger as the boy's body tenses to counterattack the inevitable assault. Akihiro doesn't seem to have noticed Washi or the tiger he's hiding with.

Hyooz
2010-06-14, 01:49 AM
Kazuma certainly hadn't expected Tora-sensei to be there this morning, and was even more surprised by her reaction as he approached. The sky was beautiful this time of day, yes, but he didn't expect her to seem upset at his approach. Almost as if she were expecting someone... but maybe not him. What was done was done, though. So he simply bowed, as he likely would have anyway out of respect for his sensei, perhaps a little lower, in apology.

"My apologies, Tora-sensei. I did not mean to disturb you." He stood full again and glanced up at where she had been looking. Pretty, but nothing that interesting. Still, who knows, it is her. Anything could be up there. "I spent a great deal of time training on this rise these past years, and with my time drawing to a close, I thought it would be nice to spend a few hours here this morning." As he spoke, he looked around the area, smiling slightly as he reminisced on the past 7 or so years. The stone pillar down the way was still scorched from the first time he successfully used the tiger's raikodan technique. Returning his attention to Tora-sensei, he continued, "If I am disturbing you, however, sensei, I will simply return later." He didn't move to leave right away, but simply stood, a smile still lingering on his lips.

ZeroNumerous
2010-06-14, 04:49 AM
Kazuma

If Tora-sensei had been capable of making a facial expression, Kazuma feels that hers is an intentionally empty look. She turns to put her back to Kazuma, then carefully paws the dirt a bit before sitting down. The white tiger twists to face Kazuma then paws the dirt beside her. "Sit." Whether Kazuma does so or not, the white tiger looks skyward once more.

"As you know, Haitei-sama has become old. Yasashiro has gathered the elders to discuss his replacement." She growls out her words, and if Kazuma didn't know better he would assume she was angry. "Hanacho says Haitei-sama would never step down, and doesn't want to see him forcibly removed unless bested in an honorable duel. To make matters worse, Katsutoshi returned from the far edge earlier this morning. Haitei is keeping an eye on him, but that's caused him to miss this meeting. I am waiting here until he returns, in order to delay the other elders as long as possible."

Tora-sensei looks toward Kazuma once more. "I need you to find Haitei-sama and warn him of Yasashiro's movements. I will delay them as long as I can, but I fear they will break tradition and rule without my presence if I do not arrive soon."

The Unborne
2010-06-14, 04:55 PM
Toshio

Flaps of skin peeled away from the ambusher's face as the force of the awakened tiger's roar clashed against it. The fruitless attempt at intimidation lasted only for a few moments, but it's intensity was enough to catch the attention of the denizens of Toraten's "center"—an unfavorable situation for the zombie-like attacker. A snarl managed to break the otherwise stoic expression on the young man's face, but failed in ferocity when compared to the tiger's bellowing cry.

Unlike most other mammals that would flee from the sight of a teeth-bearing tiger, this wannabe aggressor stood his ground and simply lifted his right arm with his palm faced towards the hungry beast. A faint light shined forth as chakra seeped out of the pores of the auburn-haired assailant's hand and began to mold into the shape of a tiger's paw. The nudist extended his opposite arm in front of him and brought his clawed hand down onto the hapless feline.

OOC:

Chakra Pool: 80/85
Chakra Reserve: 30/30
Armour Class: 26
Ongoing Effects: Rank 2 Speed (1/5); Rank 2 Strength (1/5); Striking Tiger (Stance); Tora no Tsume (0/100)

Move Action:
Tora no Tsume!

Standard Action:
Skillfull Assault Attack!
Attack Roll: [roll0]
Damage Roll: [roll1]

Hyooz
2010-06-14, 06:23 PM
Kazuma

He sat when Lani told him to, slipping into a comfortable cross-legged position next to her as he waited and listened. The politics of the tiger haven had always eluded him. He tried his best, but it seemed there were enough intricacies that it was probably best he stayed out of the more... intimate dealings. Still, a request for his sensei was just that, and it's not like he had to give a speech. "Of course, sensei. Right away. Do you know where he might be?" He stood, as he asked, preparing to move right away.

Catch
2010-06-14, 06:49 PM
Akio

"You probably heard what big ol' Emperor Tiger said about the humans leaving."

The tip of the strand of grass bobbed as Aiko chewed it, and a silence pressed against the young man until he sighed heavily.

"It's not that I'd mind much, becoming a tiger and all, but I think the fleas would get to me after a while."

Akio smirked, but it was obvious his heart wasn't in the joke, and his smile evaporated under the morning light. He talked up to the brightening sky, avoiding eye contact with the aged tiger.

"You're the one what found me crashing around on the Far Edge, back when I was just a punk cub - er, kid - and I was all kinds of messed up back then. Always on the run, gettin' into fights and raiding villages, little lone feedin' on people - got myself killed. Woulda stayed that way too, hadn't been for you leading me to Toraten."

Akio frowned a moment, then plucked the strand of grass from his mouth as if it was the source of his distaste, and discarded it. He leaned forward and looked Noboru in his eye, earnestly.

"I guess what I'm saying is, d'you think I'm ready? It's been seven years here, and I don't know how long back, uh, home" - the word felt strange in his mouth - "but I can't say for certain I'll fare any better this time. What's to stop me from preying on people, or them from hatin' me for what I done? What I am, y'know?"

As the light of Toraten's morning seeped across the savanna, Akio slunk back into the growing shadow of the tree, and propped himself up against the trunk, an expression of deep consternation hidden by the shade.

Paragon Badger
2010-06-14, 11:00 PM
'Gah.' Ichimaru thought, wincing at the sound of the tiger's roar, 'Is there a fight going on? Or maybe just some prideful show of strength to impress a female tiger...'

He smiled, then his ears twitched. A human- a woman? Who could it be?

'Tora-Sensei?'

Ichimaru had always considered himself to have truly faced death only twice in his life. Once, when he was a boy and the Sound Five were looming over his broken body, discussing the child's fate right before him. And the other time... well, Lani was involved, and that was the extent to which Ichimaru was willing to dwell on it.

Oh sure, as a human she didn't have an unpleasant voice. The cat-like interjections were always cute and she had such huge.... reserves of chakra. Sexy chakra. But there were reasons why Ichimaru never thought of her as a future wife, and her feline nature was the least of them.

'Maybe Hitomi-Chan?'

The blind swordsman smiled dumbly. He never complained at any of the beatings he underwent for the sake of training. For as much time spent meditating and trying to listen, Ichimaru spent it conditioning his body and strengthening his muscles. Whether he was trying to better himself or just making an excuse to visit the resident medical-nin, only he knew for certain.

'Or Miji-chan?'

His smile only widened. It was such a fascinating thing to hear; how her fingers moved those chakra strings and manipulated the puppets she had made. He hadn't quite figured out each movement, but the puppet technique was as much an art form as her creations were. It was entrancing, and the blind ninja always enjoyed just silently sitting there with a smile on his face as she worked on constructing or deconstructing any of the machines there.

Ichimaru nodded as he put his cane-sword away, placing it firmly inbetween his sash and hip so that he could grab it easily with a reverse style grip. Inhaling through his nostrils, he paused for a moment before letting out a prolonged, lazy, interjection...

"Nyah."

To a casual observer, he was merely emulating his teacher's mannerisms. In actuality, a wave of sound spread forth from his lips, illuminating everything it touched as the waves penetrated or reflected off of every surface within the range of his voice.

A leaf falling from the tree arching over him, the ripples of water flowing from his feet, every reed and blade of grass... all of which were constructed, to exacting detail, within his mind. Even below the water's surface, his hearing mapped out the world around him by judging the time it took for his own voice to bounce off an object and to return to him. It was perfection. After so many years of training, he had finally reached the pinnacle of his technique, mastering it fully. He would have been more proud of it, this demonstration of his abilities, but there was a kunoichi to chase!

Ichimaru patted his hair down, making sure to cover the somewhat bloodied bandages over his eyes with his bangs, and lept up off the oasis and onto the branch above. He took another hop towards where the woman's sigh had come from.

Landing softly in the tall grass of the savannah, he stood upright and put his hands in his pockets, casually making his way over in that direction.

ZeroNumerous
2010-06-15, 10:00 AM
Kazuma

The elder shakes her head. "Not anymore than you do. I had learned of Katsutoshi's reappearance second-hand, and came here immediately. As such, you'll need to do some looking or track him down somehow."

Ichimaru

Ichimaru leaps into a small patch of savanna trees. The thin branches support his weight with obvious groaning effort. The noise draws the attention of whomever is below him. Ichimaru hears an unfamiliar but very feminine voice call out. "Hello?"

When Ichimaru leaps down onto the grass and makes himself known he's greeted by the sound of someone turning in his direction. "Hello? You aren't growling, so you can't be an animal." An edge of annoyance enters her voice. "Well? Speak up."

Akio

The old tiger doesn't speak while Akio does. It simply sits, twitches it's tail and watches the boy. It sits in silence even as Akio finishes, and returns the boy's gaze with his own blank-faced mask. "Do you expect some grand statement from me?" The tiger speaks simply and to the point.

"Are you hoping I impart some great philosophical statement that alters your lifeview for eternity?" Noboru just shakes his head. "I cannot speak for the world, nor can I speak for you. The only thing I will give you is a warning: The impatient hunter thins the herd too much, and dies with them."

Toshio

Toshio's non-physical claws wound the tiger, and the animal yelps in pain. Two furry paws counterattack as it lashes out with it's own claws. Fortunately for Toshio, the tiger's rude awakening has weakened it's hand-eye coordination. It slaps a paw against the dirt and fails to harm Toshio in any way.

Attack: 11+6 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2563679/)
Damage Dealt: 6

Arudin
2010-06-15, 11:28 PM
After watching the boy for a moment, Washi sits down next to his mentor and begins to talk. "I don't want you thinking I've gone soft on you, but, well, the deadline is coming up, and I'll probably have to leave... So, I just want to express how grateful I am to you for all you've taught me, when to hide, when to pounce, everything," he says with a small smile.

"Now that that's out of the way, I was wondering if we could have one last training session? Maybe that strange variant of 'hide-and-go-seek' that you like?" Leaping to his feet, he glances at the boy, who continues to fight the other tigers. "You know what? Could we try to mess with this kid without him knowing?" Washi asks his mentor.

ZeroNumerous
2010-06-16, 12:32 AM
Washi

His mentor tilts his head to the side and gives Washi a long questioning look. "You knew less than a cub did when you came here, and now you wish to play?" The tiger goes back to watching Akihiro. "The impudence of youth is truly amazing, but very well. Let us play. I want you to take that boy's sword, through trickery or stealth, and return it to me. A very simple task, I think. Something a cub should be able to do."

The tigers circling Akihiro have not attacked yet, but Washi can tell the boy is tensed and ready to lash out at anything that comes at him. "Do be careful", Washi's mentor warns, "You could be killed if you're clumsy."

Hyooz
2010-06-16, 02:44 AM
Kazuma

Nodding, he bowed slightly to his sensei. "I'll find him, Tora-sensei." He glanced around quickly, looking for the closest gathering of tigers, and took off running. Somebody had to have seen him this morning, and there was as good a place to start as any. Looks like these last few days might be more exciting than I'd counted on. Hopefully I can stay long enough to back Lani-sensei if she needs it. Course... how much help could I even be against those tigers? It wasn't a pleasant thought. Even the idea of the tiger haven having some kind of civil uprising was frightening. For now, he had to focus. Allowing a little chakra to flow through his fingers, he ran on, trailing arcs and sparks.

Spot check: 17 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2565292/)
Gather Information: 4 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2565294/)

Just in case you want rolls for either major part of this.

Catch
2010-06-17, 01:50 PM
Akio

The gruff mannerisms of tigerkind had grown on Akio, and he had never been one for "the fuzzy stuff," an expression he borrowed from the tigers, referring to open signs of vulnerability via the sensitive white underbellies of big cats. Akio cracked a smile and shook his head. Noboru's heart, he imagined, had its own set of claws.

"That's tiger wisdom for you. Well then," he said, getting up and dusting his knees, "If we're done hugging and licking each other like cubs, suppose I best find Lani. I hear she has her paws in these succession politics."

Paragon Badger
2010-06-18, 12:11 AM
"Oh ho?" Ichimaru said in curiosity, slowly sliding his cane-sword from out of his sash and gripping its' hilt carefully as he sized up the woman with his locating technique.

'This is unusual... a stranger in Toraten?' He thought, 'And a girl, no less!'

But instead of drawing the sword from its' sheath, he merely produced the entire cane and placed its' tip on the ground, tapping it gently a pace or two from where he stood.

Apparantly ensuring the path before him was clear of any obstructions, he began to slowly approach her with a very calculated and cautious gait.

Acting the part of a helplessly mundane wanderer wasn't liable to be very successful in this extraordinary place... so he'd have to act the part of the enigmatic stranger to figure out who she was and what she was doing here.

"You seem lost." He said sympathetically, politely smiling as he tapped the ground with each step.

When he got within a few paces, he stopped. The blind shinobi turned his head off to the side, facing the empty space just off to the side of where the woman was.

"Perhaps I can help." He offered with another smile.

Moving towards her, preferrably to within 30 ft. Also activating Sense Chakra.

ZeroNumerous
2010-06-18, 02:53 AM
Kazuma

When Kazuma leaves Tora-sensei goes back to watching the sky.

Kazuma travels around to try and find a tiger who had seen Haitei that morning. He prods several sleeping tigers and gets, on top of the occasional clawing attempt, no news. No one sleeping immediately near Tora-sensei had any idea where he would be, but several suggested quite a few courses of action. Their ideas mostly range from "ask the Elders" to "try and smell him out", but two in particular stand-out: Hiroti suggested that Haitei would be in the south, because that was the direction Katsutoshi was exiled in. Meanwhile, Susanema suggested west, as she believes Katsutoshi would spend his time killing humans who wandered in.

Either way, Kazuma gets the feeling that he won't be able to back-track and still make it in time to help Tora-sensei.

Akio

Noboru just watches Akio leave with the same detached mask it always wore. "Try not to get yourself killed out there. You don't get another shot. Now get out of here. I can't tom around with you cramping my style."

Ichimaru

Ichimaru comes within 'sight' range of the woman and immediately notices she's 'looking' his way. Not right at him, but toward his center mass. Her eyes are covered by some cloth, and her stance is one of unfocused defense. Her arms are close to her body, but held loosely and ready for any unexpected attack. A pair of long conical knives ending in razor sharp points sit firmly in her hands. Twin chains, bound tightly to her body, snake up her forearm and dangle down from her elbows. The woman herself appears tall, lithe and slightly underfed, as if she had a small physique and had spent a week or longer fasting. Straight and long hair cascades down her back reaching past her backside. Ichimaru is able to pinpoint the source of the rustling her heard earlier when she steps back and he hears the rustle of a skirt.

When she hears Ichimaru speak her head jerks up and the cloth over her eyes aims straight toward his mouth.

You're blind, She says with a hint of concern in her otherwise low voice, "right? That tapping..." Her faces turns ever so slightly to the side. "You're armed, aren't you?"

Hyooz
2010-06-18, 02:46 PM
Kazuma

Rubbing his temples, Kazuma sat against a tree, trying to figure out what exactly to do. He needed help, but had no idea where to find it, and going looking for it would just waste more time. I guess it's just a warning about something he'll learn eventually... but Tora-sensei thinks he needs to know. He stood, finally deciding the west was his best option. He thought he saw a few other humans over there anyway, so hopefully he could recruit them to the effort.

Arudin
2010-06-18, 09:54 PM
"Hm... That does sound difficult." Washi replies with a serious expression. "I don't know if I'm ready for this yet. At the very least though, I can probably make an attempt without getting myself killed," he finishes with a small grin and a nod to his mentor.

Swiftly, he sneaks through the tall grass, looking for an area where he can hide, and still be close to the boy. Spotting a nearby rock, he sneaks over, readies his battle wire gloves, and lies in wait for the perfect opportunity. Hopefully, the boy makes a mistake soon, and one of the tigers disarms him. That would be the perfect chance to strike. With luck, he might even think it's just been lost in the grass...

Move Silently: [roll0]
Hide: [roll1]

Paragon Badger
2010-06-18, 10:23 PM
"Ah ha ha-" Ichimaru nervously laughed as he tapped his canesword with his fingers, "I'm not fooling anyone, am I?"

"Nyah..." The blind swordsman tossed his cane-sword up from the ground and caught it at the midsection before methodically tucking it securely between his hip and his sash as if it was a katana, "There are plenty of people out there willing to take advantage of one little blind boy... It isn't much, but it's all I can do to protect myself."

He approached her, seemingly unaware of her fierce posture, trying to get as close as possible, "Here, nobody really bothers me that much. Only the kittens can still amuse themselves by playing pranks on the blind kid, and there's hardly any sport in hunting someone like me. But you on the other hand..."

'She must have wandered in here...' He thought, 'I better keep tabs on her until Tora-Sensei or one of the elders decides how they want to deal with her... Hmm, Tora-Sensei would be a better choice'

"You could be eaten if you're not careful... If you would help me walk back home, I'll introduce you to my sensei."

"I won't make any promises for the tigers..." He said with a smile, offering his hand out for her to grab, "But I won't bite."

ZeroNumerous
2010-06-18, 11:13 PM
Ichimaru

The girl just gives Ichimaru a deadpan look. Or, at least, as deadpan a look one can give sans eyes. Every step forward he takes is met with a step backward from her, culminating in her standing atop a gnarled root with muscles tensed and her legs braced. "I find a stranger in the forest. He pretends to be blind, then admits to trying to trick me. Why, stranger, should I trust you?"

Paragon Badger
2010-06-19, 12:18 AM
"Oh ho!" He says, withdrawing his hand and widening his smile, "I find a stranger in my home. She's armed to the teeth, and demands answers from those who first sought them."

"The way I see it, and I'm sure the tigers agree with me on this... you're trespassing." He said, without any change in his voice or his cheeky grin, "You have one reason to trust me... I haven't tried to eat you."

"It isn't easy to get into Toraten." Ichimaru added, putting his hand on the back of his neck as he arched it back and forth, "And it's kind of a secret, so it's not exactly like I can let you wander around here freely."

"If I let you leave, you might tell others the secret of passing through the far edge... and I am quite sure that the masters of this place would not like that one bit..."

He shrugged, offering his hands up to the air in apology, "See what I mean? I have no choice..."

The blind swordsman assumes a fighting stance, placing his hand upon the hilt of the cane-sword and extending his palm out towards her. He tilts his head down to the ground, looking nowhere in particular but orienting his ear towards her.

'Hmm..' He thought with a subdued smile, 'Another blind warrior, eh? This should be interesting...'

"I assure you, nothing would please me more than ending this peacefully... but I will bring you to my masters one way or another."

Rolling Initiative! [roll0]
If he rolled higher, delaying initiative until after her. Only going to attack if she persists in... resisting. <_<

Free: Assume Sacred Sword Stance, Activate Speed and Strength Ranks 2
Instant Action: Kensei no Waza (When in melee range, just before the Iaido)
Charge!: Kenjutsu: Iaido!
Attack: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]
-4 AC for 1 round.

Potential Attack-of-opportunity: [roll3]
Damage: [roll4]

HP: 65/65
Chakra: 58/67

AC: 23/27

Speed Rank 2: +2 Jump, AC, Reflex. +1 Attack, Hide. +10 Speed.
Strength Rank 2: +1 Attack, Damage. +2 disarm, trip, grapple, bullrush, overrun, Climb, Jump and Swim checks.
Sacred Sword Stance: +Wis Modifier to AC.

If there's no room to charge, than just a move action to get within range and use Kenjutsu: Iainuki. Same cost, just none of the effects of a charge and no penalty to AC.

Errr.. Just realized something; consider the attack of opportunity as a fisticuffs strike. Subtract 4 from the attack roll.

The Unborne
2010-06-19, 12:38 AM
Toshio

It didn't take much effort—it didn't take any effort at all for the mutilated assailant to dodge the poorly aimed attack. The beast's paw lodged itself into the dry ground releasing a mass of loose dirt into the air. Instead of counterattacking, the nudist gawked at the blooming cloud. While his mouth was agape, his baby blues went berserk, never staying in one spot but always trying to see every, individual dust particle. Oh! how those clumps of clay managed to align themselves like a free-floating mosaic! The pictures they depicted were alive and always changing with colors limited only by the number of minerals and elements—

"Quit perving at the rocks already."

A gust of wind erupted from the center of the dust cloud, dispersing the mass of dirt in the process. Standing with one hand scratching the crown of the frozen tiger was Toshio, Toraten's own mummy-nin. His visage looked disappointedly at his replica who was curled up into a fetal position with open floodgates for eyes. "Rocky, you know how important it is to keep your focus on the battle. You just can't stop whenever there's a—" the large feline beneath Toshio's hand managed a weak moan to interrupt the one-sided conversation. Toshio laughs at this and hops his posterior onto the paralyzed tiger; contrary to his nickname, the missing Kage-nin brandished a single piece of bandaging unlike "Rocky"—a dried up piece of linen wrapped around his eyes, which had a blueness that pierced through the thin fibers for all to see. Lodged between his temple and the linen covering was a folded piece of paper that had signs of wear and tear.

"Oy, Kodora-chan," he rubs his bottom back and forth atop of the tiger trying to degrade his frozen opponent as much as he could, "looks like Tora-sensei isn't doing a great job as a den mother, isn't she?" Toshio chuckles to himself before falling silent. He slides the soiled note from his wrapping and rereads its contents. A sigh later, the nude missing-nin pats the head of the tiger before strolling away, stopping only to pick up his moping rock clone: "Get up, we're looking for Lani."

OOC:

Rocky

Hit Points: 12/12
Chakra Pool: 4/10
Armour Class: 24
Ongoing Effects: None

Toshio

Chakra Pool: 77/85
Chakra Reserve: 24/30
Ongoing Effects: Stone Replication (117/120)

Swift Action:
Tap Reserves
Chakra Control Check (DC 21): [roll0]

Move Action:
Shunshin no Jutsu!
Teleport to (Tiger, Tree)

Standard Action:
Complete Paralysis!
Touch Attack Roll: 1d20+14=16 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2564024/)
Fort Save DC: 25

ZeroNumerous
2010-06-19, 02:49 AM
Ichimaru

"I do not understand what you are talking about, but I cannot go with someone who has never introduced himself. And most especially will not go with someone who threatens me, nor will I go anywhere against my will."

The woman assumes a defensive stance, and rolls her forearms slightly. The chains wrapped around them drop to hang down from the hilt of her daggers. Both fighters clearly hear a soft bell sound emanating from her chain. Now that it's not pressed against her body, Ichimaru can 'see' a large empty circle at the end of that chain. Inside that circle sets a bell that jingles loudly with her slightest movement. For any other fighter, it would be a mild annoyance. For Ichimaru, it's almost like she was broadcasting her location.

Ichimaru's charge closes the distance between the two fighters quickly. In one fluid motion he draws his canesword and swings, but feels it hit nothing. The ring of her bell shows Ichimaru that she had ducked at the last second. Ichimaru's ears detect the coming attack too late, and she bolts from her crouched position like lightning. One of her metal nails embeds itself in Ichimaru's side, and the tiger-nin feels very strange.

She's very calm as she explains to Ichimaru, and the blind-nin detects a hint of amusement in her voice. "My crimson nail is coated in a mild hallucinogen. If you are lucky, you might be unaffected. If you aren't, then I promise not to kill you while you hallucinate."

Mysterious Initiative: 12+8=20 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2569553/).

She readies an action to defend herself if attacked, which Ichimaru triggers by attacking.

She interrupts Ichimaru's attack with her own, shifting 3 points of Attack Bonus to Defense via Combat Expertise.

Attack: 10+16=26 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2569554/), which hits Ichimaru due to Charge/Iaido penalties.
Damage: 3+5=8 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2569564/)
Ichimaru needs a DC 16 Fortitude save or he takes 3 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2569575/) Wisdom damage. Ichimaru also needs a DC 20 Fortitude save or he takes a -2 penalty to skill checks, attack rolls and defense for 1 minute due to hallucinations.

Damage Dealt: 0
Apparent AC: 28+

Kazuma

Kazuma travels west for some time, and ultimately arrives in a small clump of trees. Naturally for Toraten, this means five of them spaced almost fifteen yards apart each with almost no overlapping shade. He easily spots Ichimaru, whom he knows as one of the genin that hung around Tora-sensei, and an unknown girl fighting. He arrives just in time to see Ichimaru attack her then get stabbed in retaliation.

Toshio

The boy wanders a bit, checking out the other tigers and generally asking questions whilst searching for Tora-sensei. Unfortunately he finds out that she has gone into hiding in order to prevent the other Elders from voting on something. No one will say what, and questions directed toward finding out are deflected with "Elder things" and "How should I know" responses. A bit of lucky stumbling about on Toshio's part, however, leads the boy to a small dirt training ground.

Tora-sensei sits serenely in the center of the training ground. Her tail twitches in mild annoyance and she seems to be looking northward. Immaculate white fur, untainted by the dirty training area, bristles with anticipation as Tora-sensei stares into the distance.

The Unborne
2010-06-19, 04:10 AM
Toshio

There she was. Toshio froze. His Katsugan scanned the grounds trying to find something to look at, something to distract him just a while longer before he could muster up the courage to speak out. It had been years since he saw anything familiar, years of fending against the savage inhabitants of Toraten, years of no humanly contact. The only thing to break him from such seclusion was the simple note he held near his temple, a note from his own Tora-sensei who was the very one to chase him away.

Poor Toshio bared signs of a hard life before Toraten, but the remnants of whips and other tortuous devices had been wiped clear with claws and teeth. Not only did he have new scars and injuries, his posture had suffered from continuous spans of time hiding and stalking through the savannahs on all fours. Toshio's shoulders were now permanently slouched forward as if ready to fall in a bestial sprint at any given time. Compared to the elegant and ageless body of this so-called Tora-sensei, the mummy-nin looked like an elderly man with deep wounds instead of wrinkles.

Finally, the Tora-oshiego reached up to pull out the letter he received recently. His bottom lip (or what was left of it) trembled as he scrutinized every character on the parchment; the Katusgan did not miss a single thing.

"What's wrong with you," he said just loud enough to break the silence; his eyes were still focused on the letter in his hands.

Paragon Badger
2010-06-19, 04:56 AM
"Ooooowwoow!" Ichimaru exclaimed with a smile, "Nyah~ You're pretty good to have dodged that!"

But the effects the poison started to attack his system, and he clutched at his forehead, "Hallucinations, huh? Oh, I must be already dreaming then, to fight a kunoichi like you. It took me seven years to learn how to fight blind... And here I am meditating when another master of the way comes along... So what's your secret?"

'If I can figure out how she hears me, it might give me an edge. She was looking at my chest earlier and then my mouth when I spoke, so maybe she's sensing my chakra in addition to her sense of hearing. My hearing's probably better than hers', but it looks like her chakra sense surpasses mine... And that bell on her weapon... Is it just for decoration or something more? But she's fast... really fast. The only thing I might be able to hit her with are mist shuriken...'

"You don't know just how... bored I've been in this place!" He exclaimed with glee, "I'm so happy! ...to finally meet and fight someone just like me!" Grinning widely, Ichimaru took his blade in hand and swung it at her as his other arm came in close to shove her out of the way following the strike.

"Yaaha!"

HP: 57/65
Chakra: 56/67

Kenjutsu: Gekisai! Making no attempt to move with her.
Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
Free action: 5-foot step away from the woman...
Move action: Sheathe sword.
AC: 28/28
Action Points: 11

I forgot the +1 AC vs. melee attacks from Combat Martial Arts... if it makes any difference. :smalltongue:

Come on...Daddy needs a new pair of shoes.

Am I close enough to the oasis to use Kirigakure no Jutsu still?

Hyooz
2010-06-19, 04:41 PM
Kazuma

He stopped short of the fray. It wasn't unusual to see people fighting all-out for no apparent reason in Toraten, but in his roughly seven years here, he hadn't seen the woman Ichimaru was fighting before. Like, ever. He was pretty sure Ichimaru hadn't seen her before either, but even thinking that joke made him feel a little like a bad person. Not that bad, but still, it was probably in bad taste.

"Hey you guys, chill out for a second. I'm looking for Haitei-sama. You know where he is, Ichimaru? Also, who's the new girl? I'm Kazuma. Kaguya Kazuma. Anyway, Haitei-sama. Seen him?"

He was a little wary of interrupting a fight in progress, but hey, this was a time-sensitive matter. Still... just in case. Better be ready in case they decide he should join in.

Initiative roll (just in case): [roll0]

Readying an Action to use the Thunderclap Technique (Jinrai no Jutsu) if either reacts toward him in an aggressive manner.

Catch
2010-06-19, 05:52 PM
Akio

Toraten was a place to get lost, not to find something.

Akio hadn't expected the grizzled tiger to give him any more than a nudge toward the Far Edge, and he left Noboru's shady spot without looking back. Tigers were not indecisive animals, nor were they nurturing ones - a tigress would dispassionately watch a blind cub as it struggled toward a teat, and whether it fed or starved, she would not so much as lift a paw to help. Noboru had, in his way it seemed, accepted Akio as a tiger, expecting him to survive under his own strength. Akio stepped from Noboru's shady spot into the heat-hazed savanna, and disappeared into the grassy, boundless world.

Lani, he soon learned, had gone to ground, and as Akio knew, if one did not want to be found in Toraten, the land itself acquiesced. Other tigers wouldn't be of any help; the elders would dismiss him curtly or feign sleep and the juveniles were now stretching awake with growling yawns - most were more interested in pouncing and wrestling. (Akio's cloak was already in tatters.) While he prowled the golden waves of grass, Akio paused at the crests of hills and among copses of trees, his heavy-lidded eyes clasping into slits as he sniffed the air for traces of chakra. Lani's signature was among them, somewhere, he had smelled it once, years ago....

Using his Sense Chakra ability and the Track feat, Akio attempts to follow Lani's movements.

Taking 10 on a Survival check, for a total of 17.

Paragon Badger
2010-06-19, 08:10 PM
"NYAH!" Ichimaru exclaimed, gritting his teeth as he stomped his foot, "Don't act so casual, Kazuma-san!"

"This woman here is an intruder..." He said, turning his attention back upon his opponent, "And more importantly, another blind master!"

'Maybe even better than me!' He thought happily, revelling in the opportunity to fight someone who had to overcome just as much as he had.

"So don't get in the way!" He said, clenching his fist and squatting low at Kazuma, "And don't you even think about using that... that ear-bleeding jutsu!"

'One blast from that would make us both harmless.. I'd have to rely upon my scent and she might have another locating technique up her sleeve as well.'

"But no, Kazuma-san... I haven't seen him." the blind swordsman mumbled, pouting at the cruel choice of words as he assumed his fighting stance again.

ZeroNumerous
2010-06-19, 08:18 PM
Akio

Akio digs around and eventually tracks Tora-sensei toward the training areas. He'll arrive shortly after Toshio.

Kazuma and Ichimaru

"Intruder? I arrived here by accident and was attacked without provocation. I do not believe I am in the wrong." The woman remains in a defensive stance, holding both of her 'nails' backwards to better protect her body. Now that Ichimaru has had a chance to listen to the bells, he notes that each movement of her body triggers his pseudo-sonar, effectively allowing him to see. He can hazard a guess to what purpose the bells serve.

Kazuma can see, now that the two have separated, that Ichimaru's victim has a rather immodest appearance. Her long legs are covered partially by calf-length black boots with the rest of her leg exposed to open air. She's covered by a shoulder-less and short black one piece dress, and it sports a skirt line that would make a miniskirt look long. A pair of elbow-length and fingerless black gloves cover her arms. Her eyes are opaqued by a thin black-and-purple cloth tied at the back of her head.

Kazuma spots a small purple collar around her throat bearing a silver plate, but cannot quite detect what symbol is on that plate.

Kazuma's secret spot check: 7+16=23 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2570538/)

Ichimaru presses his attack and finds his blade met by the strange woman's metal daggers. He tries to shove her backwards, and the woman moves back with the attempt. The bells attached to her chains resonate as she speaks calmly to herself. "Kusarijutsu: Kotehineri."

Her form suddenly blurs as she twists into a quick spiral. The bells have ceased ringing, but her chains spin and spread out. Both chains dance and become like snakes for a moment, then lash out to wrap tightly around Ichimaru's body. She stops spinning and now holds both chains like the reins of a horse. She pulls on the daggers in her hands and causes the metal snakes around Ichimaru's body to tighten. "Now if you would be so kind as to stop trying to kill me...!"

She takes a five foot step backward(putting Ichimaru at 10ft away). She initiates Kusarijutsu: Kotehineri.

Ichimaru's ID check: 13+17=30 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2570663/)
Mysterious Touch Attack: 14+19=33 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2570668/)
Mysterious Grapple Check: 7+12+8=27 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2570677/)
Ichimaru's Grapple Check: 10+12=22 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2570678/)

Ichimaru is entangled for 6 rounds, or until he can beat a DC 27 grapple check.

It is now Ichimaru's turn in the initiative.

Round Order:
Kazama
Mysterious Woman
Ichimaru

Toshio

Fur and black stripes dance in waves as the tigress turns to face the interruption. Ice cold eyes warm and melt when she sees Toshio rather than whomever she had been expecting. Her body coiled as muscles turned to steel, and in less than a second she pounced. The distance between tora-oshiego and Tora-sensei faded away near-instantaneously. The big tiger body-tackles Toshio, and the little ninja finds himself hugged by paws containing quite dangerous claws.

"My disciple! I've missed you so much... But, you shouldn't be here. There are others looking for me, and they may have followed you here."

Tora-sensei doesn't move though, instead she grips the boy like a well-loved chewtoy. "You're going to leave soon, aren't you?" The concern in her voice rises to make itself known, and Toshio is reminded that she was a woman--and once, long ago, it was all she was.

Washi

The boy does not appear to notice Washi and remains focused on the tigers circling him. Few moments pass, then one tiger transforms into a flash of orange fur as it lashes out. The boy is ready and rolls to the side, however doing so exposes his back and sword arm to Washi.

The Unborne
2010-06-20, 12:28 AM
Toshio

Two gleams reflected from Tora-sensei's glistening claws. Toshio didn't miss either since his eyes were already transfixed by them; he soon forgot about his previous intentions of confronting Lani. Squirming around, the pinned Tora-oshiego tried to distance himself from the mass of fur and muscle atop of him. His eyes never left the sight of the beast's overgrown claws.

"Missed me, huh?" the missing-nin managed to free his right arm that was pinned against the ground and reached over Lani's striped neck, "Maybe you should've sent for me years ago. Number One Tora-Oshiego Toshio is thoroughly displeased!" Toshio slid his left leg from underneath the tiger's midsection and hooked his opposite leg around Lani's far left ankle. For the time being, the tiger-disciple was willing to forget whatever this tigress had done to him; right now, he was going to play with the sensei of his childhood. After all, he had a couple days left, didn't he?

With one last wiggle, Toshio freed his left arm and propped it against Lani's front right joint. Her Tora-Oshiego grinned maliciously, revealing fangs that resembled tiger canines. Simultaneously, Toshio pushed his Tora-sensei's leg forward, which shifted her center of mass forward making it easier for the Tora-Oshiego to drop her head towards the ground. A simple push with his unhooked leg and the support of his grounded elbow allowed Toshio to come out behind his sensei.

The ninja shot his arms up into the air in triumph: "Ha! Look who's the Tora-sensei now! I knew you were getting rusty, but to be outwitted by your own handsome disciple? You're losing your edge."

OOC:

Chakra Pool: 73/85
Chakra Reserve: 24/30
Ongoing Effects: Rank 4 Strength (0/5)

Free Action
Rank 4 Strength!

Standard Action:
Break Grapple!
Opposed Grapple Check: 1d20+18=34, 3d6.takeHighest(1)=5 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2570643/)

Hyooz
2010-06-20, 12:36 AM
Kazuma

Rolling his eyes slightly at Ichimaru, Kazuma continued, making a mental note to watch his language a little more closely. Just after thinking about it too. Second mental note: pay more attention to the things you think. He debated whispering, but figured if the kunoichi got around the same way Ichimaru did, there wouldn't be much point in it.

"Lo..." He caught himself mid-syllable. "Hold on a minute. Tora-sensei sent me to find for Haitei-sama. I'm supposed to warn him that Yasashiro seems to be working with the elders to try to get him replaced. Katsutoshi might be in on it, we don't know for sure, but he's come back from the Far Edge, apparently."

He sighed slightly, hoping the kunoichi was either not listening or at least not some kind of hired assassin. It seemed really against the tiger's nature to hire someone like that, so he assumed that wasn't the case, but for all he knew, she could be working for... The enemy, I guess. Feels weird to be taking such a stake in tiger politics... Still, these others are against the years I've spent here, and Lani too. Might as well side with the friendly ones. He held up his hands and dispersed the chakra he'd been readying harmlessly.

"I could use your help, Ichimaru. I'm sure the lovely miss who hasn't been given a chance to introduce herself has no ill intent. If she did, well, the tigers can take care of themselves. This power-play could be a huge deal for us and Lani, if the others have their way. Help me find him."

Paragon Badger
2010-06-20, 01:00 AM
"Kill you?" Ichimaru said with a disbelieving smile as he struggled from under her chains, "I'm not trying to kill you- you're amazing!"

He wriggled and flexed his muscles, trying to break free from the chains binding him. With either outcome, he relaxed, looking at Kazuma.

"Nyaaah!" He whined in annoyance, "Why are you trying to ruin all my fun?"

He shrugged, "Alright, alright. I'll help you find Hatei-sama."

"But only if this lovely kunoichi agrees to come with us." He said with a smile, tilting his head as he regarded the woman who just bound him up in chains, "Say... I never caught your name... I'm Zato Ichimaru, the sightless sage of Toraten!"

...Clearly a self-given moniker.

Grapple with Strength Rank 2! Huzzah! [roll0]

ZeroNumerous
2010-06-20, 01:59 AM
Cybele, Ichimaru & Kazuma

Ichimaru breaks free of her chains with some effort, and she jerks them close like fishing lines as soon as they're free of his body. She yanks each knife hard, and the motion turns her chains into whips that coil around her arms with ease. "While I am glad you have ceased combat, I have to ask you where I am. You mentioned something about Toraten earlier. Is that what you call this place?"

She naturally objects to the demand that she accompany the pair. "I am not a toy to be bartered and sold. I will accompany you only if I find out what this place is."

She bows at the request of her name. "My name is Cybele. I am a ninja from Kumogakure hired to explore a newly opened cave system."

Paragon Badger
2010-06-20, 02:39 AM
"Kumo, eh?" Ichimaru repeated, his tone turning serious.

'Kumogakure... The ninja who experimented on Tora-Sensei and Toshio-kun.' He thought, '...If they found out how to get in here...things could get ugly for the tigers. But maybe we can trust her to keep this place secret...'

"Oh ho ho. Of course you're not a toy, Cybele-chan!" Ichimaru said with a wide grin, though he was more casual now than excited, perhaps a bit sobered from the revelation of her village affiliation, "I only meant that you're just too fascinating to let go."

He approached her again, this time without hostility, and leaned forward with interest as he sniffed and sensed her chakra. "So, Cybele-chan... what's your secret? I spent years meditating in the quietest places I could find here and..."

"Mm! Ah~ Sorry sorry. I got side-tracked." He said, trying to supress his curiosity as he smiled and rubbed the back of his head, "Yes... This is Toraten; Tiger Heaven."

Catch
2010-06-20, 02:39 PM
Akio

Other tigers had spoken of Lani, Akio had heard, some with the begrudging respect of big cats, a few in growls of distaste, that she had brought humans to Toraten, but one understanding seemed to be unanimous in all voices - Lani had once been human. The thought jostled around in Akio's mind as he traced the lingering scent of chakra - strong, but tinged with something foreign and metallic like the taste of blood, distinct from the earthy chakra of Toraten tigers. Soon he found a trail, and followed the soft imprints of padded feet toward the training grounds. Here was Lani, and there was nothing to do but ask to be taken home. It was time.

Cresting the hill, Akio encountered what appeared to be a mauling, though upon closer inspection, the tiger hadn't seemed to have clawed up the boy under her, his scars notwithstanding. Akio stood off to one side, hands tucked into the pockets of his cloak as the white tiger and little nudist rolled around in the dust, and waited for them to sort it out. After a moment, he cleared his throat.

"Can't tell if you're tryin' to kill or hug each other, and I hate to interrupt business, but I'd appreciate it if ya'll finished up one way or the other. I'm here to speak with Lani."

ZeroNumerous
2010-06-20, 03:56 PM
Akio & Toshio

Tora-sensei doesn't resist Toshio's maneuvers despite her size giving her an advantage in this distance. She just spent her time laughing and rolling in the dirt. Tora-sensei notices Akio's arrival when the boy stepped onto the training ground. "Ok, ok, enough playing around." The giant tiger rolls onto it's belly, twists it's body into a standing position and flexes to break the boy's grip.

The tiger clutches the ground for a moment, then violently shakes it's body. A mist of dirt and dust soon surrounds her, and she moves out from under it to lick herself clean.

After a few moments, she stops and looks to the boys. "So what do you two need?"

Lani activates Strength Rank 5.

17+31=48 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2571381/)

Hyooz
2010-06-21, 12:51 AM
Kazuma

He rolled his eyes again. And he thought he was excitable sometimes. "Alright then... I'm going to head south looking for Haitei-sama. Cybele, it's been lovely to meet you. I would recommend following one of us around. You are in Toraten, grand home of the tigers, and given the current atmosphere... the locals might be even more... unfriendly? than Mr. Ichimaru here." He turned back to Ichimaru, with a small flourish, he bowed slightly. He seemed a little off when she mentioned Kumogakure... probably best she travels with at least one of us. Let's hope she does, eh, Ichi?

"Just don't go east. I just came from there. Nada. If you find Katsutochi... Haitei-sama is probably around. He's following him or something. Big stuff is going down."

ZeroNumerous
2010-06-22, 04:13 AM
Ichimaru

The woman just faces Ichimaru. "Tiger Heaven? What do you mean by that? When did you dig this cave and how did you do it without Kumogakure noticing? And is 'the tigers' the name of your clan?" She shifts her weight and crosses her arms over her chest. Cybele is quite obviously confused about the whole thing.

Kazuma

Kazuma travels southward over the rolling grassland for some time. As he travels he notices that there are fewer and fewer tigers nearby, until he eventually stops seeing the orange-and-black masters of Toraten entirely. After some time completely alone, he crests a short hill overlooking a very shallow valley. Inside, Kazuma sees a pair of tigers about a hundred meters apart.

The first is massive, easily standing taller than Kazuma while sitting on it's haunches. It's orange fur seems almost golden in the rising sunlight, and thick black lines snake down it's body. It sported a long patch of well-groomed fur growing from it's chin that resembles a flowing beard, and a golden circlet adorns it's head. The tiger is calm, serene and immobile. Kazuma has found Haitei.

The second is slightly smaller than Haitei, wearing dark orange fur that seems almost dirt brown. It, like Haitei, wears a furry beard that seems more scraggly than necessary and crawls down to it's broad chest. The tiger's black stripes have turned slightly grey from age, and Kazuma can accurately assume the tiger is Katsutoshi. He does not sit, but rather stands hunched forward slightly. Kazuma can tell that age is catching up with the animal.

Paragon Badger
2010-06-22, 05:45 AM
"Ha." Ichimaru replies without much enthusiasm, "My clan? Well... You could say that the tigers here are the closest thing to a family that I have..."

The blind tora-osheigo turned his head up to the sky.

"Jitousha no Jutsu."

He slowly inhaled, apparently achieving great peace as he did so, and then exhaled. It was an effort, at least, to amplify his locating technique a little bit for Kazuma's sake... but an effort was all that he could asked to give, being so focused on the kunoichi beside him.

Besides, Kazuma was a resourceful shinobi... he'd run into Hatei-sama sooner or later.

"The way I see it." He said, apparently oblivious to his own choice of words, "Your presence here means one of three things. You've found a hole in the far edge of Toraten purely by accident... or Kumogakure has known of this passage into Toraten the whole time and sent you in as an expendable scout."

"Or perhaps... someone on the inside wanted humans to get in. ...But I can't think of anyone who'd want that."

"Toraten. It's... Huh. I never thought of a way to describe it before now, actually." He admitted with a smile as he rubbed the back of his head, "This is the land of the tigers, and it's seperated from the land of humans. Kinda... I guess every summoning bloodpact has their own domain, but this one belongs to the tigers."

He shrugged, offering his hands up in apology.

+10 to listen checks.

Chakra: 52/67

Intelligence check about Toraten? [roll0]

...Knowledge (The Planes?) <_<

Hyooz
2010-06-22, 08:45 PM
Kazuma

He stopped short when he spotted the tigers. He had seen Haitei-sama before, and heard that Katsutoshi was almost, if not as big as him, but the sight of them still made him start. Suddenly he wasn't so happy to have found them. He dropped down and moved to the top of the hill as quietly as possible, curious that the two seemed to be just... sitting there. Yes, he had to report to Haitei-sama, but Lani probably wouldn't want Katsutoshi to overhear, and he didn't quite feel up to asking him to please give us some privacy just yet.

So he stayed as low and as hidden as possible, hoping the wind continued to favor him. Maybe he could overhear something in the meantime... and hopefully they wouldn't be too mad if they caught him listening.

Move Silently: [roll0]
Hide: [roll1]

Listen: [roll2]

The Unborne
2010-06-23, 03:13 AM
Toshio

The buck naked ninja stood up from his sitting position and stretched out; he hadn't anticipated being smothered by Lani today; then again, his days never went the way he expected. A few pats was all it took for Toshio to rid himself of the earth, which was embedded in his coating of wounds and scars. Infection was a main concern for the shinobi back in his old life, but out in the savage lands of Toraten, he learned that disease was the least of his concerns.

"What better way of celebrating my homecoming than seeing my Tora-sensei?"

Lani's disciple approached her and combed his hand through the white fur on her head, muffing it up in the process. Toshio gave a toothy smile. Inside, his mind was filled with doubts of what his sensei was anymore; he lifted his hand, not sure what he was trying to accomplish with it. The wind picked up again and dispersed whatever dust was left while picking up the note that Toshio previously carried. It rolled away with the wind forgotten to all. They had some time left together, he kept repeating to himself.

Toshio kept up his smile, but left the floor to Akio—an individual the Tora-Oshiego thought he knew, but wasn't quite sure. His time away had distorted whatever short memories he had of the other human residents of Toraten.

ZeroNumerous
2010-06-23, 02:58 PM
Kazuma

Neither tiger spoke nor growled. They simply stared at one another. However, wordless as they were both gave off a palpable aura of malicious intent. Neither tiger would allow the other to move without instigating physical conflict, and both strove to avoid that. Whether because they felt civilized or because they knew only one would survive is unknown to Kazuma. Kazuma did not feel the normal exertion involved in moving, so he could guess that this meeting was taking place beyond the far edge. As such, he knew that Katsutoshi was not going to tire despite standing in one place for so long.

Fortunately, neither tiger seems to notice or pay any attention to Kazuma. However, whether his appearance would instigate a conflict was left to be seen.

Ichimaru

The woman turns slightly, facing away from Ichimaru and toward the 'center' of Toraten. Her left arm covers her stomach and her palm turns upward to support her right elbow. Her empty right hand rests just inches from her mouth in a bemused pose. She seems quite distant from Ichimaru, even though his hearing tells him that she hasn't moved away. She shifts her weight slightly, rolling her hips like a dancer, to face Ichimaru once again.

"I was told this location had been opened recently by miners. This correlates to some mining that had gone on to support our recent expansion. But, to believe that something like this is under Kumogakure..."

She stops speaking, seemingly unsure of what to say next she chooses to simply say nothing.

Paragon Badger
2010-06-25, 02:17 AM
"Nyah." Ichimaru said in annoyance. 'Kumogakure... They're up to no good.'

The blind shinobi pouted as his ears twitched. He began to rub his cheek with the back of his hand as he said, "Well... no trace of Hatei-sama from here. I guess I'll just..."

"...make sure you stay out of trouble." he said slowly.

"But it looks like short of using...excessive force, I don't have any means of making you do anything." Ichimaru grumblingly admitted as he sat down and crossed his arms, "So I can only advise you with what I know of this place... It may be wise to first meet with my sensei before you wander into a tiger's den."

"I assure you. In this place, there are beings far more fierce than I, and much less inclined for chit-chat." He said with an uneasy smile.

Catch
2010-06-25, 06:59 PM
Akio

The boy's eyebrows raised in appreciation as the white tiger so effortlessly shook off the boy, who seemed to be her apprentice. He nodded to him as a respectful greeting; wrestling a tiger wasn't exactly an easy feat. Maybe that's why the boy was covered in so many scars. Still, he could have used a pair pants, and Akio avoided looking at him for longer than a moment.

"I understand you're the one in charge of herding all the humans out of Toraten," he said to Lani. "Before we all start wearin' stripes."

He shrugged. "I'm ready to hit the road, unless I have to wrestle you to get out. Seems like there's a bit of a stir among the big paws 'round here, and I'd just as soon not stick around to find out what it's about."

ZeroNumerous
2010-06-25, 07:15 PM
Toshio & Akio

The white tiger rolls it's shoulders as a vague approximation of a shrug. "I'd love to, but I can't. I've been hiding out from the other Elders, and I'm sure they would find me if I were leading you out into the far edge. Unfortunately, it seems that you're stuck with me until this blows over or you can try to get out on your own."

Ichimaru

The girl's face changes into an unreadable mask, and if Ichimaru could see he would certainly be perplexed at her shift in demeanor. "Very well then. If you'd be so kind as to lead the way to your sensei, then do so." Cybele will follow Ichimaru wherever he leads, and if he leaves right away the tora-osheigo will arrive at the training ground where Tora-sensei, Akio and Toshio are before the later two leave.

Hyooz
2010-06-27, 02:51 AM
Kazuma

He could barely breathe. Watching these two, studying their positions, watching them... the sheer precipice this situation sat on was paralyzing. Both of the massive tigers were ready and watching for the slightest opening. The slightest sign of weakness or aggression. He'd seen standoffs like this before, but from what he could tell, this one might have been going on for days. The killing intent was palpable. Oppressive, even. Hell, how long had he been lying there?

Man, what's scarier, though? Just walking down there or going back to Tora-sensei to tell her I chickened out at the last second?

Taking a deep breath, he managed to calm himself and begin making his way down the hill toward the pair. He moved at a normal walking speed, trying to approach in a way that didn't signal which tiger was his destination, though he figured it would be obvious who he'd come for.

When he figured he was close enough, he took another deep breath as he bowed, reporting simply, "I come with a message for Haitei-sama from Tora-sensei."

Paragon Badger
2010-06-27, 09:47 PM
"Tora-Sensei!" Ichimaru shouted as he waved his hand, "We uh... have a guest!"

He offered two quick bows to Toshio and Akio before moving on.

"Cybele-chan..." Ichimaru made his tone very casual, trying to inform Lani of the situation while avoiding making it look too serious, "A shinobi from Kumogakure... They sent her to scout out a recently excavated mine and she ended up here, of all places."

"I'm not sure what to make of it." He admitted, offering his hands up in apology, "So I figured I'd leave it up to you."

ZeroNumerous
2010-06-28, 05:44 PM
Toshio, Akio & Ichimaru

The white tiger looks toward Ichimaru's blind friend. "And?" She turns her head to the side with a strange look of confusion on her face. "As long as Haitei-sama is in power, there's really nothing any other tiger could do. Now, if he's removed then the new king is entirely free to have her, and by proxy you all, killed if he or she wishes." Tora-sensei waves a paw at Toshio. "You should stick with those two to make sure they don't get hurt."

Kazuma

Neither tiger pays attention to Kazuma as he approaches, but he can see their ears twitching and knows he's been heard. The instant he speaks, however, Haitei turns toward him. The expected attack from the usurper does not come, as Katsutoshi remains where he is. Haitei nods his head. "Speak lad. What does she need of me?"

The Unborne
2010-07-01, 01:29 AM
Toshio

An upturned hand lies still on the stone floor; its alabaster flesh marred by untrained hands. Scars, starting from the wrist, run up the entire arm like ravines carved into the landscape with a sanguine river frozen in place. These lesions lead up to a face resting flat on the ground, a face barely out of its youth. Was it a girl? Even bare, the body reveals no distinguishable parts only gaping wounds with flesh already rigid after death's embrace. The corpse's face shows no sign of pain nor fear, only defeat.

Something shifts at that moment. The color blue peaks out from behind a curtain of bangs; the body's eyes shift back and forth scanning their final resting place. Even in death, the Katsugan continue onwards at their own volition.

Staring back at these deathless eyes is a young child crouched towards the floor with his arms wrapped around his knees. His Katsugan focus intently on the others' while he rocks back and forth on the balls of feet. Behind the corpse is a makeshift wall with bodies stacked like cords of wood. They all shared one common feature unlike the dead child in front of them: they had empty eye sockets.

They would come soon.

A clank from across the room disrupts the living child's fixed gaze. The door was opening and soon the men would come in to retrieve the still-functioning Katsugan. Dropping his right arm, the auburn-haired child summons what little power he had and formed a saber of pure chakra. He would kill the first one to walk in. They wouldn't keep him there alone.

The door opens and the first thing the child sees are clouds etched into metal. He sprints from his position and charges straight at the entering people. No form. No training. Like a trapped animal, Toshio was prepared to fight his way out. He lets out a feral scream.

"Tackle no Jutsu!"

Toshio flings himself with arms outstretched towards the sightless sage. The Tora-oshiego doesn't stop his forward momentum and rushes into an embrace with his longtime friend almost knocking both of them in the process. "Seriously, what was that, Ichi? You can't at least smile when you see me?" He rubs his scabby and stubby chin, "Well, I'm disappointed in you! Where's my party? I've been gone for years, man. Years. Y-E-A-R-S!"

Letting go of his friend for a moment, Toshio places his arms behind his head while looking frustratedly towards the side: "I'll forgive this once for old time's sake, but I expect food if it ever comes up again. Real food. Cooked food." He returns his focus to the blind shinobi with a toothy grin, a grin that went unseen between the two of them. "So, it looks like Lani is being held up here until things settle down. I guess this means we have time to catch up. Which reminds me: how are the little ones doing? We just have to meet them; we can bring Cybele along." Toshio smiles and turns his attention to the Kumo-nin, but focuses on her own protector.

Paragon Badger
2010-07-01, 02:12 AM
"Nyah!?" Ichi exclaimed with a smile, "Toshio? I knew there were two others with Tora-Sensei, but I never figured one of them would be you!"

"Ah yes." Ichimaru recalled nostalgically as they embraced, "This is indeed a familiar chakr- wait. ...Are you naked?"

'Sometimes... It's better to be blind.' Ichimaru thought...

"...Okay." the blind shinobi said, inching a little bit away from Toshio, "First we get you some... pants, at least. Then we cook up a decent meal- then we go see the cubs- Or should we catch up first? Oh, I want to show you this super awesome jutsu of mine! Maybe we could catch up while we have a meal with the cubs!? ...While I show you jutsu... or something! ... !"

"Ah, um... ahem." Ichimaru cleared his throat, settling down a bit, "Cybele-chan... Meet Toshio-kun. He's um..."

'Uh oh... Toshio-kun has no love for Kumo nin...' Ichi thought, 'but Cybele-chan is so lovely!~ I can't have my best friend hating this kunoichi babe within moments of meeting her! Quick, find something they have in common!"

"Toshio-kun's from Kumogakure, too! ...Kinda."

Given a moment to reflect upon what he just said, maybe it wasn't the wisest thing in the world to say...

The Unborne
2010-07-01, 04:31 PM
Toshio

"Pants?" Toshio looked down and scratched the crust of dirt embedded down below. "Look here, I might need a bath, but not bad enough to go covering myself up," he said with a hint of annoyance, but he soon perked up. "Cooked food...sounds good to me. Though, I wasn't thinking about meeting the cubs. Aren't Pinky, Notepad, and Swordy around still? We can get a Tora-oshiego party started!"

After the Tiger-disciple's small show of excitement, he scratches the back of his head as Ichimaru introduces him to the Kumo-nin. "Well, I'm not from there...I moved quite a bit in my childhood, but I did spend most of my time at Kumogakure. I remember it well, they sure had some good....healthcare?" A large sweat bead slides down his temple. "You're more than welcomed to join us of course. It doesn't seem like we'll be able to escort you out of here for a little while, but don't worry! Three days here is only a day or something on the outside. Stupid time disjunction..."

Hyooz
2010-07-05, 12:16 AM
Kazuma

He nodded when the request was made. It wasn't ideal to deliver this news in front of the Usurper, but he likely didn't have a choice. "Yasahiro has called a meeting of the Elders to discuss your replacement. Tora-sensei is stalling them as much as she can, but she told me to warn you of his movements against you." He stopped for a moment, thinking. "Also, in my searches for you, I happened across a kunoichi from Kumogakure. It seems a cave system opened up near there, and she was able to stumble into Toraten. I left her with Ichimaru, so she is at least not alone, but I feel this is a matter of concern."

ZeroNumerous
2010-07-05, 07:28 PM
Kazuma

Haitei looks rather surprised, and that was Katsutoshi's cue. The usurper covers the distance between Haitei and himself in seconds, leaps into the air and mauls Haitei. Claws and teeth flash, and in just heartbeats Kazuma is face-to-face with Katsutoshi's blood-covered maw. Haitei lies at the victor's feet, wounded and obviously unable to resist. Kazuma gets the intense feeling that he should be running away.

Whether Kazuma flees or not, Katsutoshi takes a deep breath in and unleashes a powerful roar heard all across Toraten.

Toshio & Ichimaru

The woman affects a mask of vague interest in what Toshio and Ichimaru are discussing. At least, until Kumogakure is mentioned then she goes to full alertness. "Hm? I... Well, I wouldn't know. I don't spend a lot of time at Kumogakure, as I am always out on missions. And you say we're going to find others?"

A roar interrupts the proceedings, and Tora-sensei perks her ears. "That's not good. It sounded like Katsutoshi, and it was a roar of victory. If I am right, then there is a new 'emperor' and you are in danger."

Hyooz
2010-07-11, 01:40 AM
Kazuma

Those few seconds... there's no way so much should change in such a short amount of time. He was so close when it happened. He caused it to happen. The great tigers were fearsome enough when they were the stoic statues, locked in non-combat. But that kind of ferocity so quickly... so precisely. He didn't stand a chance. He was going to die here. Dammit there's not time for that. MOVE, damn you, MOVE. His hands seemed to move on their own, quickly forming the seals. "Jigen Ugoku no Jutsu!"

In a flash, he was away, back the direction he came. Not safely just yet, but maybe enough to buy him some time, or at least get his body back under control. He had to find the other students, and fast. But Toraten was so scattered... Tora-sensei. She'll help. With what will he could muster, he dashed off to where he had found Lani before. Hopefully, he had time.