PDA

View Full Version : Generica (Team Potato Tree, Thread III)

Pages : [1] 2 3

TamerBill
2006-10-08, 05:33 AM
Previously on Generica... (http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=play;action=display;num=1142950924;s tart=0)
Previously previously on Generica... (http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=play;action=display;num=1137412440)
OOC Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=play_ooc;action=display;num=11371829 39)

Hicchup and Danny's Perspective

The professor shakes his head. "No, I'm afraid I'm not familiar with the current faculty. I think at least half of them are just hallucinations anyway."

~~~

Jack's Perspective

A random prisoner, who Jack can only hope is Legitimate Phil, hooks onto his arm and says "I'd love to."
~~~

Jimito's Perspective

The crowd goes silent at Jimito's claim.

"...what is an 'azer'?" asks the high Jimmy.
"It's a type of plant, isn't it?"
"A small mammal, I thought."
"Isn't there a St Azer's in the south somewhere?"

((OOC: Is that a celebratory movie (www.geocities.com/tamerbill/tehmovie.zip) in your pocket, or are you just pleased to see me?))

Don Beegles
2006-10-08, 01:33 PM
Jimito raises his hands to get silence among the masses. "NO, no, you're all wrong. An azer is a small human whose head is always on fire." Realizing this rather sparse descrption diminishes the weight of his accomplishments, he embellishes. "They're also vicious as beavers, always hungry for man flesh. Now that I've converted them, however, they only eat the flesh of men who are not named Jimmy, which is quite an accomplishment. Oh, and yes, I belive there is a St. Azer's just a few miles from East Westminsterville, but the name is just a coincidence."

TamerBill
2006-10-10, 05:01 AM
The crowd 'oooooh's appreciatively, and parts to allow Jimito and the newt tamer to the front of the stage.

"The current situation is a dead tie between Jimmy the Azer Dude and Jimmy the Newt Handler! Who can claim the advantage now?"

Don Beegles
2006-10-10, 02:37 PM
"Wait, wait. I fail to see your math here. I convert two bloodthirsty extraplanar demons and he converts one big salamandar, and it's a tie. Explain your reasoning, please."

TamerBill
2006-10-10, 02:53 PM
"Well, it was a particularly big newt...."

"Huge, really." interjects the Jimmy. "Almost dragon-sized. Infact, I remember now, it wasn't a newt, it was a dragon."

LazyJoe
2006-10-10, 04:49 PM
Jack sighed. Mentioning homosexuality within a 50' radius of a prison was always a bad idea, yet it happened every time.

'You go ahead,' he whispered, without checking to see whether it was Phil or not.

Jack doubled back sneakily (5, 5, 3 + 5 = 18) to the alleyway behind the cells to call down into the sewers for Nixon.

TamerBill
2006-10-11, 04:48 AM
Nixon comes out of the sewers accompanied by a small rat, which he is chasing happily. He is also singing the rat song, which consists of the word 'rat' sang over and over again with whatever tune he feels like at the time.

Gengy
2006-10-11, 11:01 AM
"Well, we thank you for your time. Do you suppose you could assist us in getting outside without going through the traps? The occasional water bucket is all well and good, but I rather like staying in my skin." Hicchup grins.

TamerBill
2006-10-11, 11:34 AM
"Well, I could whisk up a quick summoning circle if you'd like to get out fast... or I suppose there's the secret passage behind the bookcase (like anyone would prefer that)."

Gengy
2006-10-11, 11:38 AM
"Normally, Proffesor, I would be the first to try a magical means of nearly anything, but today has been a long day. Unless my young companion here wants to, I think we'll take our leave through the bookcase. Danny?"

Yuki Akuma
2006-10-11, 11:51 AM
Danny looks up, startled. "Hm? Oh, uh, right, yeah, the bookcase sounds fine to me."

TamerBill
2006-10-11, 11:56 AM
"Very well. Boris, would you do the honours?"

The bookcase at the back of the room slowly slides aside, revealing what appears to be a dank tunnel, illuminated by torches set into brackets on the side.

"That should take you out by the entrance. Just don't take the path that leads to the giant spider's nest and you should be fine."

Gengy
2006-10-11, 11:57 AM
"Then, Proffesor, Boris, we take leave of you. Once again, thank you for your time." Hicchup heads to the bookcase and out of the university, intended towards the castle.

TamerBill
2006-10-11, 12:15 PM
Outside the castle Hicchup is met by the sight of the king out practicing manouevers with his elite guards. So far they've mastered the straight march, the quarter turn and the double melon.

Gengy
2006-10-11, 12:22 PM
(OOC: ...double... melon... ? O_o ?)

"Well, Danny, shall we pay our respects to his majesty and report an update of our situation? I know I certainly intend to ask for lodgings for the evening." Hicchup says, under the guise of the Wall-ter spell.

(OOC: Dice = 6, 1, 2... +2 for False Images, and + 3 Wis to equal a total 14 for the Wall-ter spell. Just, you know, so I could feel like this is a dice rolling game again.)

Yuki Akuma
2006-10-11, 12:31 PM
"..I'd rather not. Besides, you can stay at my house. Mum wouldn't mind... probably."

Gengy
2006-10-11, 12:38 PM
"Rather not? Why not?" Hicchup watches the guards perform the double melon, and starts to get hungry.

Yuki Akuma
2006-10-11, 01:20 PM
Danny looks down. "Well, you know what I've been... thinking about. What I talked about with Red. I don't think I could trust myself to talk to him right now."

Gengy
2006-10-11, 01:42 PM
"No. Actually, I don't. My memory of around that time is rather hazy. Something to do with a kick to the head, I believe. So remind me, if you will." Hicchup had wondered why the boy was so quiet. First inclinations were that he'd watched Miss Jenny die. Second deductions were that he was talking with Miss Jenny, who was not quite dead, but rather in his headband. And now, Hicchup thinks he understands at last. Something else happened while the half-orc was uncouncious.

Something important.

(OOC: I've re-read this, and re-thought it. I don't think Hicchup was concious for Red and Danny's conversation. I know if he had been, there would have been many objections. TB, er, I mean, Bill can tell me that I'm wrong, of course, in which case the addled memory really IS do to being kicked in the head. Twice. And almost dying. Twice. From Danny. Twice.)

Yuki Akuma
2006-10-11, 02:00 PM
Danny looks down. "Can we go somewhere more, uh.. private, then? I don't want to talk about it within earshot of the king."

Gengy
2006-10-11, 02:03 PM
"Your house, then? That is, of course, if it's private enough." Hicchup grumbles this out, and holds out a hand, motioning for Danny to lead the both of them.

Whatever this is, it's not going to make me happy, I don't think.

Yuki Akuma
2006-10-11, 02:04 PM
Danny nods, swallowing lightly, then leads Hicchup back to his house. When they reach the door, he walks in, mutters a soft 'hi' to his mother, then leads Hicchup to the dojo. Luckily, his father isn't back from work yet.

Gengy
2006-10-11, 02:25 PM
Hicchup dispells Wall-ter and sits on the floor.

"All right, Danny-boy. The pipes, the pipes, are calling. And by pipes, I mean my vocal cords. And by calling, I mean questioning. So. In laments terms..." Hicchup puts on a concerned, stern look, imagines himself playing bongos for some reason, and says, "Danny, you've got some splaining to do!"

Yuki Akuma
2006-10-11, 02:28 PM
Danny nods slowly, looking down. "...When I was... seven, I think, my sister used to tell me stories. She mostly told me stories of this far-off utopian society... Um. Do you know what a republic is? I think there's a couple near here, but I've never been very far outside Generica..."

Don Beegles
2006-10-11, 02:38 PM
Jimito waves his hands and makes choking motions at the newt, er, I mean Dragon-Jim. "Yes," he spits , barely able to hold in his fury at the idiocy of it all. "It was a dragon, I understand that memory is often faulty. Because of that, I'm sure you'll understand when I reveal that I just remembered that I actually converted the Azers, a fire giant and an entire army of lesser imps. Those things tend to get forgotten, you know."

Gengy
2006-10-11, 02:57 PM
Hicchup nods, "Yes, I know about this 'republic' thing. I'm not sure I approve of a non-monarchic system of government, but I've heard tell that they exist."

Yuki Akuma
2006-10-11, 03:02 PM
"Um. Well, this place my sister told me about was a republic... Well, no. It had a king, but he wasn't... exactly the same kind of king you get around here. He had powers, of course, but mostly the country was run by a sort of council... He could veto any laws they came up with, and they needed his signature to make laws at all, but he was mostly ceremonial.."

Gengy
2006-10-11, 03:29 PM
"So a figurehead for a collective amount of people. Execpt the figurehead has a certain governmental powers. I'm with you so far. I'm failing, however, to see relevance, or why this is something that can't be said out doors. Discussions of far off diplomacy is..." The candle lit for a moment in Hicchup's head, then blew out. It was long enough, however, for the half-orc's face to become more uncomfortable. "All right. I'm begining to see what's going on. Continue."

LazyJoe
2006-10-11, 03:36 PM
'Nixon, come,' Jack said before making his way back to the merchant's.

TamerBill
2006-10-11, 03:43 PM
Nixon follows Jack back to the marketplace, herding his rat with him and still singing the rat song. When he gets to Honest Pete's, both Pete and Phil are waiting there for him.

Yuki Akuma
2006-10-11, 03:51 PM
Dann takes a deep breath, then continues. "You're not from this city, so you won't have noticed, but.. recently, in the past couple of years, people have been leaving. Lots of people. They're scared to live here." He stops for a moment, then continues. "They're not scared of the people like Jack. They're used to them. It's the king they're worried about..."

He looks down at the matted floor. "My sister moved away from home when I was eight. She was too scared to live here any more. She tried to take me with her, but my dad wouldn't let her... he's a royalist, and believes strongly that the king is a good man. But..." He trails off.

Gengy
2006-10-11, 03:57 PM
Have I really been blind to the governmental needs of Generica as a country? I have, after all, travelled around most of it. But I guess...

"I guess, what with me always concerned with when the next angry mob will run me out of which town, I've never payed attention much to our government. Please continue. It may be that I too, am I royalist, but I'm always open to a good discussion." Hicchup's eyes soften a bit, and he scratches idly at one of his protruding teeth. "...and please get to the part about me being uncouncious and your talk with... Red."

The last is spit out with a certain amount of enmity, certainly not lost to Danny.

LazyJoe
2006-10-11, 04:00 PM
'Okay, I got Phil back, sans dismemberment, so I want my Badgerwhale and glasses back. Gimme.'

Yuki Akuma
2006-10-11, 04:01 PM
He nods. "When you were, um.. unconcious... I convinced Red that it would be possible to remove King Generic from a position where he can conitnue to hurt people without killing him. I don't like him very much, but I don't want to see anyone else get killed... I doubt they'd be as lucky as Jenny..."

He rests his head on one of his hands. "I convinced Red to give us a chance to try and organise a republic or... whatever. Something that gives the king less power with which to hurt innocent people..."

He looks at his feet. "Although... this is just an excuse. I just leapt at the chance to make my sister's stories come true, really. I... want her back. I miss her."

TamerBill
2006-10-11, 04:06 PM
"You mean these things?"
Phil holds up Jack's glasses.
"We got them off a wierd guy who escaped from the prison. Friend of yours?"

Gengy
2006-10-11, 04:19 PM
Hicchup has noted before, that ever since he has met the people he now considers as friends - yes, even Jack - he has sighed a great deal in frustration.

As the relevance of Danny's words hit him, Hicchup sighs a new record on the sigh scale, surely causing some scientific recorders to rethink their size-of-possible-sighs all over again.

Once the sigh was finished, Hicchup looked down at Danny.

So many things. I can't believe he... no, no, it was... but... and change a kingdom? If we try doing that, it's back to being outlaws. And moreso for Jack and I, what with me being a half-orc, and Jack being... well, Jack. I wonder if he isn't already considered an outlaw somewhere. Probably. I certianly hope no one ever has to call him inlaw. I'm straying from the point, however. Think, Hicchup, think! The boy obviously wants you to say SOMETHING.

At last, the half-orc opens his mouth. "So. You did what you had to to get us all out alive. Makes more sense now, that you kicked me. I certainly would have made objections. Fine. For what it's worth... I forgive you now. For nearly killing me, I mean. Twice."

"As to the other matter, however..." Hicchup folds his arms, and rolls his eyes in the back of his head, closing his eyelids to think better. The half-orc pulls out Howard. "Howard, my page-turning companion, I assume you've been listening. Any information on successful republics? Ones that haven't, as of yet, gone south."

TamerBill
2006-10-11, 04:24 PM
"Generica is ruled by a king. Lussport is ruled by a mayor. Stronghold is ruled by several clan elders. St Belbe's is ruled by a council consisting of the six high priests of the gods. The animals of the forest are ruled by the strongest. The giants are ruled by another king. I do not known how the elves are ruled. All of these work. None of these are republics."

Yuki Akuma
2006-10-11, 04:25 PM
"..Technically mayors are elected officials and a mayorship is pretty close to being a sort of republic of one... kinda..." He sighs. "Hicchup, you rely on that book too much. Its obvious it doesn't know everything."

Gengy
2006-10-11, 04:26 PM
"Anything inter-planally?" Hicchup asks, pointedly ignoring the time distortion caused by the otherwordly interference known only as 'The Simu-post'.

Yuki Akuma
2006-10-11, 04:27 PM
Danny mumbles. "Besides, that book doesn't like me..."

TamerBill
2006-10-11, 04:28 PM
"Elementals are ruled by kings. Celestials are ruled by gods. Demons are ruled by demon lords. Monarchy is the natural state of the universe."

Yuki Akuma
2006-10-11, 04:29 PM
Danny hmms to himself. "..Jenny, how do your kind go about ruling themselves? And do you know of any republics out there?"

It really seems as though he's talking to himself.

TamerBill
2006-10-11, 04:33 PM
"We acted in independent teams, with a strict command structure. I worked under Reno and Gladius and... and Marshall...."
Jenny suddenly goes quiet. Danny gets a feeling of quiet sadness from her.

Yuki Akuma
2006-10-11, 04:36 PM
Danny goes silent. "...Sorry." He then looks up at Hicchup. "...Well. Anyway. Just because republics have never been done before doesn't mean they wouldn't work, does it?"

Danny pauses, then gets up. "..Hicchup. I need to go ask for some.. advice. Could you just think it over until I get back?" Without waiting for an answer, Danny exits the room, then heads for the Temple of Senna.

LazyJoe
2006-10-12, 04:36 AM
'Whatever. Gimme. And the Badgerwhale.'

Jack's haggling techniques were exemplary.

Yuki Akuma
2006-10-12, 05:46 AM
Daniel stops outside the Temple of Senna, takes a deep breath, then walks up the steps, opening the door and peeking in.

TamerBill
2006-10-12, 07:42 AM
Danny is immediately met by a slender man in a long, flowing robe. "Greetings, young one. How may the Immaculate Mistress help you today?"

Yuki Akuma
2006-10-12, 07:52 AM
Danny blinks a little bit. "I thought most of Her clergy were girls...?" He shakes his head. "Um. I... need some advice." He pauses, remembering the gashes in his gi. "...Not fashion advice, I'm buying a new outfit later anyway. I need moral advice... You can give that, right?"

TamerBill
2006-10-12, 07:55 AM
The man considers this. "Well, it's certainly unorthodox, but I suppose I can confer some of the Style Queen's more... moral wisdom upon you."

Yuki Akuma
2006-10-12, 07:59 AM
Danny smiles lightly. "Thanks. Um. Anything I tell you is, uh.. confidential, right? You're not supposed to tell anyone, even, say, completely at random, the king?"

TamerBill
2006-10-12, 08:06 AM
The man nods. "Of course, anything you tell me will be between you, me and Senna blesshername"

LazyJoe
2006-10-12, 08:17 AM
Jack taps his foot rather impatiently and waits to get what's coming to him.

TamerBill
2006-10-12, 08:21 AM
"Alright, alright, keep your hair on you freak."

Legitimate Phil hands over the glasses while Honest Pete comes behind the stall to fetch the cub. He presses its lead into Jack's hand, stops Nixon from stealing his ball-bearings and shoos Jack off into the street.

LazyJoe
2006-10-12, 08:28 AM
Pocketing the glasses, nudging Nixon forwards with his feet and towing the badgerwhale cub, Jack knew where he wanted to go next. He strolled down to the temple district and just caught a glimpse of Danny disappearing into the temple of Senna. Paying it no mind, Jack made his way to Khuft's temple, casually opened the large oak doors and stepped inside.

Gengy
2006-10-12, 08:29 AM
Hicchup watches Danny leave.

"Re-pub-lic. Re-public." The half-orc muses the word over, trying it out. "I suppose it's possible. And if Izabella - ah, even her name brings a catch to my throat - if she thinks it's a good thing, then there must be something to it. What do you think, Howard?"

Hicchup asks the question unthinkingly. but a part of his brain does resound with this thought: Perhaps I AM coming to rely on this book too much.

TamerBill
2006-10-12, 08:35 AM
Jack's Perspective

The smell of goat overwhelms Jack's nose as he walks into the temple, and is met by the familiar priest.

"Ah, Jack. Hello again. I see you've managed to keep your height this time."

~~~

Hicchup's Perspective

"Personally, I am in favour of retaining the king. Or, at least, a king. However, some sacrifices must be made for progress. Do you think your companion intends for you to Wish this new arrangement into existance? He does not much look like a politician."

Yuki Akuma
2006-10-12, 08:40 AM
Danny nods his head, looking around as if to check something. "..Could we go into a smaller room or something? It feels much too open here."

LazyJoe
2006-10-12, 08:41 AM
Despite having a word or two to say to Hicchup and Danny on the frankly idiotic idea of the formation of a republic in Generica, Jack confidently greeted the cleric of Khuft.

'Yo. Praise Khuft and all that. I was wondering, since I'm such a good friend of your church, whether you could give me some advice. I know you're naturally-orientated and like stuff with four legs, so could you help me train this badgerwhale, so that it may better serve me and thus help keep the all-important balance... balanced?'

Gengy
2006-10-12, 08:43 AM
"Ah yes... the wish. No, no. Even if that was Danny's intent, I wouldn't use the wish for that. Too many thing could go wrong with a wish like that. No, when I use my wish, I'm going to be attempting to do it safely. But you are correct in the same assesment. I too, would prefer a nice, simple, monarchy. Diplomatically speaking, however, I do not think the current king would like the idea of a disposition, nor would a new king enjoy the prospect of a group hired by the previous leige turning against said previous." Hicchup sighed again.

"What's that saying? Ah yes. Jacked if we do, and Jacked if we don't. Either way, we still are stuck with Jack."

TamerBill
2006-10-12, 09:22 AM
"Very well, I suppose I could ask Khuft for his blessing in this case. What is the cub's name?"

LazyJoe
2006-10-12, 09:29 AM
'... er... Genghis?'

(Couldn't resist)

TamerBill
2006-10-12, 09:49 AM
Jack's Perspective

"Very well. Gather round everyone, for a short prayer to Khuft!"

The congregation all gather round the priest, who oulls out a heavy leather-bound book.

"I will begin by reading a short passage from the Book of Khuft, Chapter 5, Verse 6. And so Khuft did say unto the assembled masses 'Go forth into the world and spread this word that I have given unto you. Spread it in the hills, and the woods, and the towns, and the cities, and the hillocks, and the mountains, and the streams, and the forests, and the swamps, and the villages, and the taverns, and the hamlets, and the great palaces of the kings, and the halls of the gods, and the very hells that harbour demons, and the slums, and the docks, but not the cellars, as they are an abomination unto my holy name. And when you have spread this word, in the places which I have just mentioned, then you shall be blessed in my sight. And thus the masses did go down into the nearest tavern, and they did toast Khuft with beer and mead, and sing many songs about the goat and the horn, and only some of them contained sexual innuendo. And Khuft saw that it was good."

The priest closes the book and bows.

"Amen."

LazyJoe
2006-10-12, 10:02 AM
'... er... yeah... Amen and stuff. Well, that was all very entertaining and helpful, I'm sure, but I've really got to be going now, to... er... restore the balance of all creation. I'll let you know how that goes.'

Jack exits the temple and starts looking around for Hicchup or Jimito, or anyone who looks remotely interesting and integral to the plot.

TamerBill
2006-10-12, 10:09 AM
The priest leads Danny into a broom closet, which has the words 'Confetional' hastily scrawled on the door in crayon.

Yuki Akuma
2006-10-12, 11:09 AM
Danny leans against one of the broom clo- er, confessional walls, looking up at the priest. "I..." he then looks down. "I'm thinking about.. getting rid of the king." He stops, then starts again quickly. "I don't mean assassination or anything! I want to... I want to take some of his power away from him and give it to an elected council or something like that, but still keep him around."

He looks down. "I want him to stop hurting everyone.."

TamerBill
2006-10-12, 01:14 PM
"And do you feel that you have the right to decide that? A king is a king, and you are just a small boy."

Yuki Akuma
2006-10-12, 01:17 PM
"I wasn't asking if I had the right... I was asking if it would be a good thing to do. I wanted Senna's opinion on the matter, really, as she knows me better than you do. Unfortunately I can't get her to reply to me.."

He grins a little. "Anyway. We all have the right to make the world a better place, don't we?"

TamerBill
2006-10-12, 01:22 PM
"If more people think it wrong than right, which one is it really?"

Yuki Akuma
2006-10-12, 01:29 PM
"Ah, subjectivity..." He thinks for a few moments. "...Right is the thing that hurts less people. Wrong is the thing that hurts more people. Leaving King Generic with absolute power will hurt more people than forming a council that has to vote on policies and laws and can't just order people executed will, hopefully, hurt less people. In the long run, I mean."

TamerBill
2006-10-12, 02:46 PM
Danny's Perspective

"...I see you're determined. Just make sure you don't cause more damage than you're fixing."

~~~

Jimito's Perspective

"The contest is certainly hotting up, folks. Infact, there's only one way to settle this dispute! A pie-throwing contest!"

Don Beegles
2006-10-12, 03:56 PM
"Ahha, finally we're getting somewhere. Now, Mr. High Jimmy, what exactly would this contest entail? Pie dodging, pie distance, pie style, or pie accuracy, for instance. And waht sort of pies are these? I'm a bit hesitant for apple or mince, but if the pies are banana cream, then Newt-Jimmy's going down."

Yuki Akuma
2006-10-12, 04:31 PM
Danny tilts his head to one side, then smiles, nods, and turns to leave. He exits the... confessional, then looks over his shoulder. "Oh, and on a completely different note... how would I go about becoming a priest? Er, apart from dressing better?"

TamerBill
2006-10-13, 05:34 AM
"When one feels the calling of the Mistress, the usual path is to serve under an existing priest as an apprentice. After a suitable number of years he may then appeal to the High Priestess for ordinaton, while wearing his snazziest suit. If she consents then the blessing of Senna will be bestowed upon him, and he shall be a fully-equipped priest of the holy church."

Yuki Akuma
2006-10-13, 05:49 AM
"Huh. Good to know." He grins. "Maybe when I'm done with this adventuring stuff..." And so, he leaves the temple, stepping out into the sun and squinting a little. That broom closet was dark...

LazyJoe
2006-10-13, 08:05 AM
Whilst walking around town with no particular agenda except for kicking the odd pigeon and watching Nixon chase it, Jack spots Danny exiting the temple of Senna. He walks over.

'Yo, Danny-boy. Know where Hicchup is? I'm bored.'

Yuki Akuma
2006-10-13, 08:26 AM
Danny walks along with his hands behind his head. "Hopefully, he's at my house, unless he's wandered off somewhere..."

Gengy
2006-10-13, 10:41 AM
Hicchup is indeed, still at Danny's house. He'd been sitting and thinking. And thinking and sitting. And many other various combinations of the two.

"I believe I know what to do now." The half-orc said out loud at last.

TamerBill
2006-10-13, 12:10 PM
Jimito's Perspective

"The pies will be custard ones. You will have five pies each, and the winner will be the one who disables his opponent with the pies."

The crowd moves back, clearing a circle for the two fighters. A butler hands Jimito and his opponent five lovingly-baked custard pies, before swiftly leaping behind an upturned table.

~~~

Danny's Perspective (exclusively, heh)

"Hey, uh, Danny? I don't really know much about your politics, but I know you're really trying to do good here so I just wanna say that I support what you're doing. That's all I wanted to say, really...."

Yuki Akuma
2006-10-13, 12:35 PM
Danny smiles for seemingly no reason at all... "Thanks, Jenny..." With new vigour, Danny sets off home, grinning at Nixon. "Hey, Nix.. Race ya!"

LazyJoe
2006-10-13, 12:54 PM
Jack followed Danny to his house at walking pace, towing the badgerwhale.

Don Beegles
2006-10-13, 03:35 PM
Jimito accepts the pies and balances them warily, one on top of the other as he circles Jimmy. "This is a contest you can't win. Very soon you'll be eating my dust." He sticks a finger in the pie and then licks it off. "And also, if my aim is any good, a delicious taste of custard flavored defeat." He continues circling, looking for an opening when he suddenly pulls one pie off tje stack and throws it, rather than overhand as is expected, frissbee-style at Jimmy, trying to catch him under the chin with a blast of custard.

((Attack(Pie)-T16=R16+B0. Fear my craptastic pie powers.))

TamerBill
2006-10-16, 08:34 AM
Jimito's Perspective

Jimito's unorthodox attack takes his opponent completely by surprise, splattering his face with custard and stunning him with the force of the sweet attack. The crowd 'oooh's as the Jimmy stumbles, giving Jimito a clear opening for another attack.

~~~

Everyone Else's Perspective

The three other members of Team Potato Tree meet at Danny's house, and presumably start doing something.

LazyJoe
2006-10-16, 09:48 AM
'Okay, Hicchup, I'm assuming you've got something for us all to be doing lined up, so I'll just stand here and look at you until you tell us what it is or until I get bored and flay the skin off something. The choice is yours.'

Jack stares at Hicchup.

Gengy
2006-10-16, 10:58 AM
"Firstly, do we know where Jimito is at this moment?" The half-orc asks, ignoring Jack's ideas of flaying.

LazyJoe
2006-10-16, 11:28 AM
'No, but if finding him means I have to check out that newly-opened simian brothel downtown, I don't want to know.'

Yuki Akuma
2006-10-16, 11:35 AM
"Where would a priest of Phonnus be, other than in a... brothel?" He frowns. "What's a brothel...?"

Gengy
2006-10-16, 12:14 PM
"No. No brothels. And you ask your parents that question sometime. I'm not responsible for that kind of education." Hicchup pauses, and then stares at Jack. "And neither are you."

"Regardless, I've had some time to think, and I believe I know what to do now. It would be nice if Jimito were here as well, but..." The half-orc sighs, and changes direction, "It is my opinion that we have two options. Option one is we proceed with Danny's plans for this republic idea, which means a drastic change will happen to all the land, we have a low probability of success, and failure means exile or worse. Option two, however, still has a low chance of suceeding. We have one enemy at the moment. The ninja. And we don't know nearly enough about them. Which means we need to learn... and for that, we need to find someone who knew them... their teacher."

Hicchup finishes speaking, and adjusts his legs. He has been sitting on the floor for a very long time, and they were getting uncomfortable.

LazyJoe
2006-10-16, 12:27 PM
'What republic idea? I swear, if any more ten year-old kids get involved in matters of state, there'll be Ashkan to pay.'

Gengy
2006-10-16, 01:19 PM
"I was unconcious during the time, but Danny informs me that he spoke with... Red..." Hicchup pauses to allow the proper vehemence into his pronunciation of the name, then keeps talking, "about a new governement system that would keep the king alive, but decrease his powers considerably. I'm not all that hot about the idea, but there is always a different way to file something, so long as all the proper procedures are still followed."

LazyJoe
2006-10-16, 02:31 PM
'Oh, that. Yeah, bad idea, left well alone and all that. Not worth even discussing. I mean, the people in Generica aren't even semi-competant at their own roles in society, let alone government of a quasi-state. These people have been told what to do all their life, they've grown to accept the ideals and decrees of the monarch. To give them a system in which they are allowed to make their own decisions at this stage in their social evolution would be highly irresponsible, not to mention dangerous. My family are/were royalists, and they always taught me that a crackpot with the power to change is preferable to a bunch of squabbling idiots with the power to change nothing.'

Jack shakes his head and blinks a few times.

'Anyway, who're we killing now?'

Don Beegles
2006-10-16, 02:49 PM
Jimito follows up on his pie to the chin with another one delivered by hand right in the nose, attempting to overpower his enemy with teh delicious scent of custard.

((Attack(Pie)-T13=R13+B0))

Gengy
2006-10-16, 03:13 PM
"...I... I think I'm in shock. Who are you, and what did you do with the rest of my universe? Because I believe that is the most intellegent thing I've ever heard you say, Jack... which impresses and scares me at the same time. What's worse is that it's absolutely astute, and on top of that, vallid." Hicchup closes his jaw, which had steadily dropped as Jack pontificated. "Were it not for that last question... I would be applauding. I really would. However... to answer you question - which confirmed that I am not dreaming, by the by - we are not killing anyone. Not if we can help it. We are, however, looking further into someone who we know little to nothing about. Howard, you answered this before, but what is the name of Team Ornate Lobster's sensei?"

TamerBill
2006-10-16, 03:45 PM
Jimito's Perspective

Jimito's awesome pie-fighting skills floor his opponent before he can get a single blow in. A resounding cheer goes up from the crowd, and Jimito is bodily carried to the front stage, where he is presented with a huge multifaceted gem, purple in colour and sparkling in the light.

"Use this wisely, Brother Jimmy, and for the good of all Jimmidom."

~~~

Everyone Else's Perspective

"The name I have is 'Kuro', although since that means 'black' in the Eastern tongue I assume it is just another codename. You do remember that he is dead, master? I believe I made that clear the last time you asked about him."

Yuki Akuma
2006-10-16, 03:59 PM
Danny stares at Jack for a moment, then sighs and waves a hand. "Oh, fine, I'll wait until I'm older." ... Yeah, he let go of that idea pretty quickly. Or he just realises it would be tough to do on his own and Jack would probably try to stop him.

He lays down on the mat, looking at the ceiling. "You know, Jenny's dead, too, Howard, and that doesn't stop her from yammering in my mental ear."

Gengy
2006-10-16, 04:05 PM
"Ah, but you see Howard... As Danny just pointed out, dead people can still speak. It's mearly a matter of contacting them properly. And, while I have yet to find any information in you that is innacurate, what if, per se, a great ninja teacher were to fake his own death so that enemies would no longer come after him? Besides which, we don't really need to speak to him, just ask those who knew him. As I said, this plan does not have much chance towards success either, but it's the best one I have, short of wishing all my troubles away."

Don Beegles
2006-10-16, 05:14 PM
Jimito takes the gem and holds it up to the light, letting it filter through the sparkling mass. " I can't tell you how much I appreciate this. You don't know how much this means to me. It would be impossible for you to realize how little i want to give an acceptance speech right now, so I think I won't. Instead, I'll bid you all farewell and go brag to Jack that I'm now officially richer than him and the entire country in which he was born. As they say in St. Azer's, hasta la vista." With that adieu, he heads out the door through the press of bodies and goes to find the other Three Musketeers.

TamerBill
2006-10-17, 04:31 AM
"Yammering!? Hmph. You'd miss me if I was gone, you know."

Yuki Akuma
2006-10-17, 06:10 AM
"I didn't say I wanted you to leave," thinks the small monk-come-ninja-wannabe.

TamerBill
2006-10-19, 07:10 AM
Jimito soon manages to find his way back to the others, through dumb luck and narrative imperative.

"So, shall we retire for the night, Master? Planar travel tends to mess with accurate time-keeping but I believe it is approaching night time. We can pursue information in the morning."

Gengy
2006-10-19, 07:17 AM
Hicchup takes a breif second to bring Jimito up to speed, causing a long drawn out moneky-to-half-orc conversation that is rather funny and inspiring... but no one gets to read, because it doesn't further the plot at all.

Finally, Hicchup turns and looks at everyone. "Well, while that discussion was wonderfully enlightning, I think it's time to turn in. Danny, is it all right to crash here at you parents' place, or should we find an inn?"

Yuki Akuma
2006-10-19, 09:07 AM
Danny shrugs his shoulders. "Yeah, yeah, you lot can stay here if you want... mum and dad won't mind."

He looks around. "You can sleep in here, if you want. We don't really have a guest room, and my room's much too small... Uuh, Nixon, there's a fireplace in the kitchen, if you want to sleep there."

LazyJoe
2006-10-19, 02:28 PM
Jack goes and finds a pile of blankets to curl up into the fetal position on, and gets on with his usual nightmares that feature demons, clowns and demon-clowns.

Don Beegles
2006-10-19, 02:34 PM
Ignoring of course the long, interesting, but ultimately useless converstaion with HIcchup, just about everyone ignores Jimito's new found riches. "But, but, I"m important now, aren't I?" Knowing the response that'll get from his his friends, he shrugs and finds a space in the corner to sleep where he curls up with his thumb in his mouth and the jewel tucked tight under his arm like a large and shiny teddy bear.

TamerBill
2006-10-19, 03:09 PM
The gang all settles down to sleep, with Danny presumably retiring to the comfort of his own room first. As darkness descends, Nixon plays twinkly music on a tin flute he found somewhere, because apparently that's what happens at night.

~~~

The group is woken up in the morning by Nixon pretending to be a cockerel, but Danny's mum throws a shoe at him, so that's okay. Slightly more disturbing is the handwritten note pinned neatly to the door. It reads "Two Days Left".

LazyJoe
2006-10-20, 11:12 AM
Jack is the first up, busy with his usual snooping through drawers and cabinets. He finds the note on the door and gasps.

*Gasp*

'But... it can't be... I already 'paid' him... I'm not going through that again... I'm not going to perform... wait, this isn't for me. Danny! Mail for you!'

Gengy
2006-10-29, 03:03 PM
Hicchup awakes, and immediately begins the hand motions for an illusion spell to cover who he is... when he realizes where he is and who he's with, and doesn't bother.

"Morning, Howard. Time to do some good. Well, a variation of good, as defined by my personal perspective and augmented by those around me whom I care to listen to in the form of advice."

Don Beegles
2006-10-29, 06:54 PM
Jimito rolls over and hits Gengy on the head. "Five more minutes." When he realizes what he's done he sits up. "Oh, sorry about that Genj. Your vocalised internal dialogue felt like that stupid buzzer my mom always woke me up with. Do something about that."

Yuki Akuma
2006-10-30, 03:57 AM
Danny seems to appear directly behind Jack, and takes the note from him. He knows this house, he can get around it! Yeah...

He reads the note, then crumples it into a ball. It then promptly disintegrates in a blue flash. "..Right then. Hicchup, are you awake?" he calls through the door.

Gengy
2006-10-30, 10:50 AM
"Yes, Danny, I am! But Jimito is only half awake. He just called me Genj or something like that. What do you need?" The half-orc calls back, and stands up, dusting off his clothes and rotating his calves to get the crinks out of them.

Yuki Akuma
2006-10-30, 03:08 PM
Danny walks into the dojo, walking past Hicchup to the corner he changed in before his fight with Ham, changing into a new gi, as his last was ripped during a fight with a lion. "Well... We only have two days left, according to the note Red left me. So we might want to get moving soon..."

He looks down at himself. "But I need a new outfit. This is my last one, and I can't go around wearing the same clothes all the time!"

Gengy
2006-10-30, 03:57 PM
"So you suggest we spend our first few hours of our precious time looking for... a tailor?" Hicchup muses, his eyebrows raised and a smirk on his lips. "I certainly don't see why not. I have been meaning to get a new robe. The white side of mine itches."

Yuki Akuma
2006-10-30, 04:18 PM
Danny scratches the back of his head. "...I follow Senna, I can't help it."

He shrugs. "Anyway. We always seem to be able to get so much into a day, anyway... I mean, look at yesterday!"

LazyJoe
2006-10-30, 05:47 PM
'What the hell are you guys talking about? I've been wearing the same stuff for two years, and the worst thing I've had was that minor bout of exploding dyssentry. Anyway, science says it's bad to change your clothes too much. Apparently part of your soul goes along with the old clothes. And for a person such as me who is like me and happens to be me, I've only got a tiny piece of soul left. You're only dooming yourselves faster, you know.'

Don Beegles
2006-10-31, 08:18 AM
Jimmy, who is still more or less asleep nods and shakes his fist in agreement, or something. "Hear, hear. What the weasel said. You don't want to change your soul too much or your clothes might explode with dissent. Let's just spend my gem and go back to sleep."

Gengy
2006-10-31, 09:09 AM
"Well, Jimito, if you insist, of course we'll spend your gem on clothes so you can sleep. We'll come back when we are appropriately attired." Hicchup brings himself to look at Jack. "And as to your claims of souls and clothing, I find most of it completely without base. But, consider this. If you continually go with the same clothes day in and day out... then what is an art upgrade?"

With that, the half-orc begins to stretch and strut around the room towards the door.

Yuki Akuma
2006-10-31, 11:28 AM
Danny nods in agreement with Hicchup, before pausing and staring at him. He pauses, then shrugs and follows after him.

Hey, Jenny, what god do you follow? he asks his hitchhiking spirit friend.

TamerBill
2006-10-31, 03:05 PM
"I don't. Gods are for mortals, silly. I already know why I'm here, and what'll happen to me when I die. ....Again, I mean."

Yuki Akuma
2006-11-01, 02:49 AM
Danny looks down. I'm confused. Am I supposed to feel insulted now?

TamerBill
2006-11-01, 04:24 AM
"You can if you want, though it's not usually worth it. Where are you going to get new clothes from?"

Yuki Akuma
2006-11-01, 07:10 AM
Danny shrugs, apparently to himself. Where I get all my clothes, of course. The best tailor in town. He grins. What kind of Sennanite would I be if I didn't? My mum has a tab there, so...

Gengy
2006-11-01, 12:06 PM
Hicchup looks at Danny for a moment, then over at Jack and Jimito.

"Right. Well, it seems we'll be splitting up again, but I am suggesting we rendezvous back here in two hours or so. Might I suggest that if you are not coming with us, you do some looking into a man named Kuro who is most likely dead. And if he's not, then he's very very dangerous, because he's managed to train the Team Ornate Lobster, AND trick a Book of Ultimate Knowledge, which was crafted by a greater demoness. So discretion is key. And for Jack's sake, that means you ask about it very quietly." Hicchup sniffs and turns once more to the door. "Lead on, Danny. A follower of Senna such as yourself knows better than I were to go."

Yuki Akuma
2006-11-01, 12:21 PM
Danny nods to Hicchup, grinning. "Sure. I was just telling Jenny about the place, really..." As he walks through the kitchen to the door, he glances at the fireplace. "Hey, Nix. As you're not very discrete, want to come with us?"

((I have a feeling I spelled that entirely wrong.))

Don Beegles
2006-11-01, 02:27 PM
Jimito salutes sharply and waits until Hicchup and Danny have gone. Then he turns to Jack. "Alright. Now, this guy seems to be your kind of fellow, so you're in charge of finding him. I'll come with you, but I value my life, so I'm not going to talk to anyone who might have some reason to be offended by inappropriate quesations until I get a chance to spend this here gem. Does that work for you?"

LazyJoe
2006-11-02, 06:23 AM
'Sure, whatever. But we ain't going anywhere without some munch.'

Jack leads his badgerwhale to Danny's kitchen and proceeds to raid the cupboards for food, and, after eating said food, goes back to Jimito.

'To the Cringing Eunach! I know the barman there and he knows stuff, so I'll just challenge him to a game of Sorcery: The Gathering, win, and he'll tell us what we need to know. This plan's good because it's simple and relies on my intelligence.'

TamerBill
2006-11-02, 08:25 AM
((OOC: It's Hicchup, Don, not Gengy.))

Nixon, forced to decide between going with Danny and poking Genghis, stands still for several minutes in thought, before chasing after the clothes shoppers at speed.

Meanwhile, Jack and Jimito head to the Cringing Eunuch Inn (formerly the Cringing Eunuch Singles Bar, formerly formerly the Cringing Eunuch Strip Joint, formerly formerly formely John Hull's garden shed), with badgerwhale in tow.

Gengy
2006-11-07, 12:06 PM
(...fine. I'll do something)

"So, Danny, where are we headed?" Hicchup asks, and as an after thought, "And do we have a method of paying this person to tailor our new wearings? Because, as we have not visited his highness, I am broke."

LazyJoe
2006-11-08, 02:44 PM
(Oops, forgot we were still playing this...)

Jack strutted up to the bar and ordered a double whiskey and a barley water disguised as beer, tethering Genghis to the bar rail. After he received his order, making sure Jimito got his banana dacquiri, Jack flicked a peanut at the back of the bartender's head.

'Salutations, ignorant peasant. I was wondering if you could supply my friend and I here with information, as is wont of bartenders across all of Generica and the surrounding areas.'

TamerBill
2006-11-08, 03:04 PM
"And what would I get in return for said information, 'sir'? I'm afraid we stopped accepting dead rats as tips a couple of weeks ago."

LazyJoe
2006-11-08, 03:18 PM
'Oh,' said Jack, half pulling a dead rodent out of his jacket pocket. Instead of putting it on the bar, he threw it to Genghis.

'Well, in that case, how about I play you for the info?' Jack waved his Sorcery: The Gathering deck in the bartender's face. 'C'mon, it's not like you have anything better to do.'

TamerBill
2006-11-08, 03:26 PM
"I'll have you know that I am an extremely busy man, but I'm also a compulsive gambler so what the hell."

The bartender leads Jack to the obligatory back room of the inn, and sits down on one side of the solitary table.

LazyJoe
2006-11-08, 03:51 PM
Even though Jack has never won a game of Sorcery: The Gathering and despite the fact that he has more chance of gettin' his 'thang' on with Danny's sister, Jack excitedly led Jimito and Genghis through to the back room.

'Hey monkey-boy,' he said, addressing Jimito, 'you want a piece of the game? I'm sure Mr McBartender over here can get someone to make up another player so it's two-on-two.'

Don Beegles
2006-11-08, 04:11 PM
Jimito accepts the banana drink graciously and starts sipping it slowly so it lasts. He's been trying to go teetotal in the last couple of days, and he figures as long as a cocktail lasts longer than it takes to says its name, it isn't counted as having been drunk. Right?

jack's question startles him out of his reverie about the intricacies of dietary loopholes and he spills some drink on his robe. Good, more he hasn't quite drunk. At this rate he can probably not drink two or three today. "I don't know, Jack. I can't say as I've ever played before, and when I last watched you sort of got beat up pretty badly. Of course, if that's at all likely to happen again, I'm in." He stands and rubs his hands expectantly, carefully putting down his drink first. 'So where do I get my dice, or spinner, or whatever the goat we're playing with?"

TamerBill
2006-11-08, 04:16 PM
The bartender calls his mate Burly George in from his cups, and sits him down at the gaming table. He gestures to Jack. "Dealer goes first."

LazyJoe
2006-11-08, 04:25 PM
Jack sums up all his inner strength, producing a small amount of blood from his ears as a byproduct, and draws the first card.

TamerBill
2006-11-08, 04:35 PM
Looking at the card drawn, Jack has just enough time to note the picture of a tiny little box before being compressed into a small cube and trapped inside a jewellery box. This is extremely painful, and also dampens his chances of victory.

Gengy
2006-11-08, 04:45 PM
(OOC: Can't... resist.)

"We'd best hurry, Danny. Payment or not..." Hicchup says, a worried look on his face. ...I'm afriad Jack will do something stupid. Like reveal what we're doing by blatantly stating he wants information, or take Jimito into a bar and start a two person game of Sorcery, or somehow get himself trapped in a jewlery box, or something else equally idiotic."

Yuki Akuma
2006-11-09, 06:51 AM
Danny waves a hand. "Oh, I'm sure he wo-" He pauses. "Wait. This is Jack we're talking about. Yeah, jewelry box seems about right." He grins. "Oh, and my mother has a tab with the tailor, so we won't need money. We'll just have to pay back mum somehow.."

Gengy
2006-11-09, 08:18 AM
"Wonderful. Then lead on." Hicchup steps outside, quickly placing on the Wall-ter illusion, and follows Danny to the tailor.

Don Beegles
2006-11-09, 02:37 PM
Jimito watches as Jack is squeezed into the tiny box and raises his eyebrows. "That's interesting, though I think that the box is a bit too fancy for its contents." He certainly doesn't take another sip of his daquiri as he eyes the deck suspiciously. "So what happens next? Do you draw, or do I?"

TamerBill
2006-11-10, 05:15 AM
"I'll draw" says the bartender, and presently does so. As he draws the card a bright light shines down on him, and a winged figure clothed in white decends from the heavens. A dull thud is heard as he encounters the roof, but he soon gets round it and comes in through the door instead. The angel blesses the bartender with prosperity and health for the rest of his days, before heading back to the bar for a packet of peanuts.

"...huh. Well, your turn, Jack's friend."

LazyJoe
2006-11-10, 05:32 AM
If anyone could see Jack at this precise moment, not only would they see a man contorted in such a way that his bones appear to be in alphabetical order, but they'd also be seeing some serious sulking.

TamerBill
2006-11-10, 06:48 AM
"So, who's going to be the first person to make a 'jack-in-the-box' joke? Come on, you know you want to."

Don Beegles
2006-11-10, 08:42 AM
Jimito finishes off the last of his daquiri and shrugs. "Meh. I'll give it a shot. How about this one; What's better than a Jack-in-the-Box?" He pauses for the obligatory I-dunno and continues. "Knowing that if that box gets any smaller, pop goes the weasel. So, what did you think? Nopt very good, but the best I could think of on short notice. Give me your best one." He draws a card as he waits for th ebartender's response.

TamerBill
2006-11-10, 03:07 PM
Jimito doesn't get to hear the bartender's joke, as he finds himself drawing Jack's favourite card in the whole world: The Throne. The king-making magic contained within adds a crown and a velvet cloak to his apparel, and his huge purple gem becomes his royal sceptre. Meanwhile, the Cringing Eunuch slowly transforms itself into the Eunician Embassy, the representative of the country Jimito suddenly finds himself in control of. Meanwhile, Jack's in a box.

Yuki Akuma
2006-11-11, 11:58 AM
Danny grins and starts leading Hicchup towards the tailor's... He suddenly goes rigid, face pale from shock. "...Oh Senna please don't let Jimito get challanged to a game of Sorcery and draw the King card.. I don't think I could handle that..."

What is this boy, psychic?

Gengy
2006-11-11, 01:53 PM
"No, no, I think we'd be all right with Jimito as a monarch. There'd be some monkey business to deal with, mind you, but all politics have that. It's Jack I'd be worried about, should he ever draw the king" Hicchup says, as he and Danny continue walking.

Don Beegles
2006-11-12, 11:07 AM
Jimito experiences the magical transformation and nods. I love this game more and more all the time. Now, I believe you are in my Embassy, which follows all rules of my new country. The first rule of Eunicia is that what the King says goes. As such, I demand that we dispense with this foolish game and you give me the information that we came for. Understood?" It's good to be the king.

TamerBill
2006-11-12, 12:54 PM
The bartender shakes his head. "No can do, your highness. The players are magically binded to finish the game. It's one of those, what do you call 'em... geese? Something like that. Anyway, your go George."

Burly George draws a card from the top of the deck, as a random passer-by takes up the role of commentating on the game.

"Well, looks like Burly George has just drawn The God, quite possibly the best card in the whole deck. This card hasn't been drawn in an official match for two years, but it's a welcome return to form here. For those not in the know, The God allows the drawer to make a single wish, which will be granted by the gods themselves. As you can see, George is deep in thought here as to what wish he is going to make, this could be a very important turning point in his life and obviously he will want to think this through carefully. Oh, wait, there he goes. Yes, he's wished himself to a bar on the other side of town, a masterful choice there, swiftly negating the anti-bar effects of Jimito's embassy. Now it's down to one player on each side and the first round of drawings is over, with Team Cringing Eunuch in the lead with two points to Team Potato Tree's one. The bartender now just has to insult successfully Jimito's mother to claim victory. You could cut the atmosphere here with a knife, and indeed someone just did but he missed and hit a passer-by instead, that's a great shame there."

"Ahem. Your mother was so ugly that Jack was out of her league!"

"And a great cheer goes up through the crowd as the bartender successfully scores with a great insult there, involving Jimito's team-mate for just the right amount of familiarity. And with that Team Cringing Eunuch clinch a victory, although it's noyt without its cost, as he will need to find another bar."

((OOC: It's the Throne card, not the King card [/pedant]))

Don Beegles
2006-11-13, 02:40 PM
Jimito snaps his fingers and curses. "Beards!! Now where's my whipping boy? You know I like to smack him one when I lose at Sorcery." he brandishes his scepter at the ersatz bartender and scowls. "I'm not happy with you for defeating the royal personage in a game of random chance, but I'll let you off easy if you give me the information that I want. In fact, there is probably an empty position for Royal Drink Mixer back home at the palace, assuming I actually have a palace, and if you can make a banana martini, the spot is wide open for you, Jimmy my boy."

TamerBill
2006-11-18, 02:02 PM
The barman considers Jimito's offer. On the one hand he had won the game, so really he shouldn't have to tell them anything, but on the other hand he was in need of a job now that his bar was goverment property....

"Alright" he says "What do you want to know?"

LazyJoe
2006-11-18, 02:46 PM
Jack taps feebly on the side of his box. In fact, it's worse than feeble, even 'pathetic' doesn't really seem to cover it.

Don Beegles
2006-11-19, 09:12 AM
Jimito furrows his brow andleans back in his chair. "Well, you've got me there. Honestly, I have no idea what information we need; I just came along for the ride and a few drinks." He picks up Jack's box and looks for a latch. "What happens if I open this thing? Will a clown or something jump out at me? I mean, besides Jack." If he cna find some way to open it, he does, but points it at the bartender just to be safe.

TamerBill
2006-11-20, 06:23 AM
"There isn't a latch. I don't think you're supposed to be able to open it, though I suppose you could try a sledgehammer or something. Mind you, that could prove incredibly painful to the occupant....
Should I go fetch one now?"

Don Beegles
2006-11-20, 02:24 PM
Jimito squints at the box again and nods. "Yeah, I guess you're right. It seems we've reached a point of decision, do we leave him in the box at the cost of his sanity, or try to get him out at possible cost to his continued living." Jimito turns the box slowly as he thinks about it. "Get the sledgehammer."

Gengy
2006-11-20, 02:28 PM
"So, Danny," Hicchup says, from behind his Wall-ter spell, after several minutes of walking "How much further is this place? I don't know about you, but I feel as if I've been walking for days without anyone paying attention to us. Or perhaps I'm still tired."

The half-orc yawns, and so does the two demensional dwarf.

LazyJoe
2006-11-20, 04:39 PM
Jack whimpers from inside his confining, albeit picturesque, jewelry box.

TamerBill
2006-11-24, 04:32 AM
The bartender returns shortly, carrying a huge hammer with the Eunician flag design engraved on the head. "Stand back, your highness!"

With a mighty crash he brings the hammer down on the box, crushing it flat and ruining the intricate detail on the inlay. Jack gets to personally experience the unique feeling of being compressed flat by a sledgehammer blow before immediately springing back to full size like an overeager spring. The feeling is extremely diorientating, not to mention unspeakably painful, but at least he's not actually damaged. That's probably to make way for more unspeakable pain.

LazyJoe
2006-11-25, 12:02 PM
Jack mused on the unspeakable pain which he had just experienced, then said quite plainly 'huh, I think I've just gone insane. No matter. What's the situation, guy who used to be monkey-boy but who is now inexplicably king?'

TamerBill
2006-11-27, 07:11 AM
"He needs to question you as to what questionable question it is that you need to question me on. I think."

Don Beegles
2006-11-27, 04:46 PM
"Yeah, you know. That thing Gengy was talking about when I was thinking about what I was going to get at the bar. Something about a mass murderer or assassin or something like that, though as I recall secrecy wasn't important. Or did he say it was?" Jimito rubs his chin for a moment but dismisses the problem with a wave of his scepter. "Either way, I'm king here so ask the man your question."

TamerBill
2006-11-28, 04:16 AM
((OOC: Hicchup, Don, not Gengy. Gengy is the gerbil.))

LazyJoe
2006-11-28, 08:18 AM
'Oh yeah. Hey, Mr. Bartender, have you ever heard of a guy called 'Kuro who is most likely dead'?'

TamerBill
2006-12-05, 08:35 AM
"I may have heard the name before. Let me think... was he the guy who beat that octupus in a wrestling match? No, wait, that was Black Shale.... Oh yeah! I know who you mean. That ninja assassin dude who used to live in the slums before he disappeared one night without explanation. Here, let me draw you a quick map."

The bartender takes down a portrait of King Jimito The Simian from the embassy walls and scribbles a crude map on the back in red crayon.

"There you go. X marks the spot, as it were."

Yuki Akuma
2006-12-05, 07:50 PM
Seems to have spaced out. He's even drooling slightly from the corner of his mouth.

He suddenly comes to, and shakes himself, whiping drool away on the back of his hand. "Huh? The tailor's? Oh, it's right over there." He points. And so it is.

Gengy
2006-12-05, 08:50 PM
"Why, so it is." Hicchup blinks his weary eyes, and heads towards the door of the tailor. Holding it open, he waves Daniel inside. "After you, my boy. You're the one with the expense account."

Not to mention the connections to Senna... The half-orc thinks to himself.

Yuki Akuma
2006-12-06, 03:58 AM
Danny grins to Hicchup (not Gengy), and steps inside the tailor, looking around. "Hello? Anyone home?" In a rare sign of respect for the rules, he leaves his staff at the door.

TamerBill
2006-12-06, 04:35 AM
Danny and Gengy Hicchup are met at the door by a figure who puts Ambiguously-Gendered Sam to shame for sheer gender confusion.

"Yes, good morning! What can I do for you two fine gentlemen? We have a fine selection of bow ties. Or perhaps a new coat? Blue is very much in this season."

LazyJoe
2006-12-06, 06:54 AM
Jack grabs the improvised map, conjures a detective's hat, puts said hat on his head, pushes Jimito out the doors of his own embassy and makes his way to the most familiar place in all of Corsen: the slums.

Yuki Akuma
2006-12-06, 07:05 AM
Danny smiles brightly. "Hi! Actually, I had a special request, good... person..." He scratches the back of his head. "Um. Do you remember ever making something like this?" He holds up one arm, letting the slightly loose sleeve of his gi hang down. "It got ripped and it's getting a little small for me anyway. And, now that you mention it, I'd prefer blue to white..."

TamerBill
2006-12-06, 08:16 AM
Danny and Hicchup's Perspective

The tailor flits around Danny like some sort of giant clothes-making lizard, examining the garment from every angle.

"Hmm. Hmm. Hmm.... yes, I think I remember this. One of our custom jobs, yes? And you want it in blue? I think I can manage that...."

~~~

Jack and Jimito's Perspective

The smell of the unwashed masses greets Jack's nose as he arrives in the 'More Unprivileged Residential Area', as the Generica tourist board calls it. Small cockney children watch Jack pass from the shadows, clutching tourist guides to the area to their chests.

Gengy
2006-12-06, 08:49 AM
"And as for me, good shopkeep..." Hicchup lets the Wall-ter spell fade. He picks his fingers at the wooly white side of his clothes, and adjusts the red robe side so that it isn't tickling his armpit. "I'm afraid that my own tatty handiwork just isn't going to cut it anymore. I'm a size 3 Half-orc, Intellectual. I don't suppose you have something more... fitting than these rags that I am ashamed to call clothes?"

True. Hicchup could just change his appearance with illusion. But that takes time and concentration. He was, at one point, rather proud of when he sewed those two man-sized robes together so that they would fit him. But ever since he saw Red, Blue, and Pink's outfits... he's been a bit skeptical of his choice of dress. So here, at last, Hicchup hopes to rectify that error.

Yuki Akuma
2006-12-06, 09:05 AM
Danny looks down slightly. "I always thought it was some weird fashion statement..."

Don Beegles
2006-12-06, 04:19 PM
Jimito cringes as his royal personage is desecrated, but he decides not to mention it, just this once. Instead he follow Jack with his nose held high in the air and his back straight. When he reaches the door, he has a bit of a problem finding the knob like this, so he walks normal but crosses his arms in a gesture of what he believes to be royal defiance. When they reach the MORA he shakes his head disapprovingly at all of the little beggars. "This is a disgrace to the King's name./ I'll have to bring it up at the next meeting of the King's Fishing Club. The KFC will not be happy with this lapse." He sniffs and shakes his head again, and turns to Jack. "Where did you say we were going again?"

LazyJoe
2006-12-06, 07:14 PM
'I didn't, but I think I know which house the map's supposed to be pointing to. I know it's hard to believe, but this fine, cultured, handsome young gentleman before you used to be a child what did used to be part of these here slums.'

Jack follows the map and tries not to think about the grammar of his last sentence.

TamerBill
2006-12-07, 04:35 AM
Jack and Jimito's Perspective

Jack's awesome navigation skillz lead the pair to an old run-down shack deep in the slums. Well, it's either the shack or the nearby strip-club; the map's not very accurate. Still, it's probably the shack.

~~~

"We do carry some items for men of... exceptional proportions, such as yourself. What sort of garment did you have in mind?"

((OOC: I never did understand why Hicchup wore two robes sewn together...))

Gengy
2006-12-07, 03:01 PM
"Something that says, 'I'm not dangerous, just a spellcaster'. Something that speaks out intellegence and elegance, but also has the durability for feild work." As he speaks, Hicchup smirks and looks to the sky, a whimsical explression on his face. "Patina may have a drawer with my label on it when I die, but never let it be said that I ignored the wisdom of Senna's good choices."

(OOC: YOU try finding clothes that fit a half-orc in a setting that doesn't have many of them. You'd probably sew together robes too, lol. In other words... it fit my idea during character creation.)

LazyJoe
2006-12-07, 03:39 PM
'Okay, you stay here with Genghis, I'll go snoop around.'

Jack hands Jimito Genghis' leash, draws both knives, concealing them in his sleeves, and tries to find a way into the shack, preferably through the front door.

TamerBill
2006-12-07, 03:44 PM
The front door serves adequately as an entrance, and Jack is able to snoop in without problems. The inside of the shack is dusty and decrepid, and strange items litter the floor. Leaning on the back wall, facing the entrance, is a young man dressed in casual clothing. Though his face looks familiar, you cannot place him.

LazyJoe
2006-12-07, 06:05 PM
Jack tightened the grip on his daggers.

'Hi there. This is the strip-club, isn't it?'

TamerBill
2006-12-08, 04:34 AM
Jack's Perspective

"Funnily enough, no. I'd advise you to keep your nose out of things that do not concern you, Jack. It could be hazardous to your health, if you follow my thinly-veiled threat."

~~~

"Hmmmmmm.... yes, I think I have just the thing! To the design book!"

The tailor exits at speed to the back room, leaving Danny and Hicchup in the proverbial dust.

LazyJoe
2006-12-08, 05:09 AM
Jack briefly considered saying 'fair enough' and walking out the door, but his ego compelled him to stay. He knew he should have traded his ego for sherbert...

'I would ask how you know my name, but I'm pretty well-known to most scum like yourself. However, since you do know my name, you'll also know that threats don't mean a thing to me. I make them, not take them.'

He paused for a second to think about pie, then faced the casual young man.

'Where's Kuro?'

TamerBill
2006-12-08, 05:23 AM
"He's dead, not that it's any of your business. Shouldn't you be off enacting sociopolitical change somewhere? Or have you failed miserably at that already?"

Yuki Akuma
2006-12-08, 08:02 AM
Danny blink blinks at the retreating tailor. "Yeah, okay, I'm going to guess he worships Senna. Most Sennanites are pretty hyperactive when it comes to clothing..."

Danny leans up against a wall. "Hey, buddy, do you think you could take my measurements so I can get something done? I'm technically on a mission right now."

Gengy
2006-12-08, 08:21 AM
"I figured that was a good bet," Hicchup murmurs when Danny offers his opinion on the tailor's choice of deity.

LazyJoe
2006-12-08, 01:42 PM
Jack looked shrewdly at the young man.

'Your name wouldn't be a colour, would it?'

TamerBill
2006-12-08, 02:03 PM
The man shrugs. "That depends on who you ask. My name's Simon Hikari, but you probably know me better... as Blue."

LazyJoe
2006-12-08, 02:08 PM
(Current music: Eastender's end credits)

'... didn't you die?'

TamerBill
2006-12-08, 02:22 PM
"To you and yours? Not likely. Incidentally, I don't suppose you'd agree to backstab your half-orc friend for us? It would save a lot of hassle."

Don Beegles
2006-12-08, 02:34 PM
Jimito waits out side with the little badger-whale. You know, after you get past the teeth, the claws, and the fact that he's an unholy fusion of Cetacean and Mustelid, the little guy's actually kind of cute. "I guess it's just you and me until Papa Jack gets back, eh Genghis?" He kneels in front of the beast and ruffle shis dorsal fin playfully, nattering away in a stupid babyvoice that only serves to aggravate the baby and make the one using the voice look like a moron. Who's a cute little boy; are you a cute little boy Gengy? yes, you're a cute little boy."

LazyJoe
2006-12-08, 03:09 PM
'Just how much reward are we talking here?'

TamerBill
2006-12-08, 03:14 PM
Blue shrugs again "A couple of diamonds? I've got an unused membership for the local strip club too, if that helps."

LazyJoe
2006-12-08, 03:23 PM
'You see, the art of bargaining is knowing how much the customer needs the product or service, and extorting that need to its fullest extent. Hicchup's death is worth more to you than a couple of diamonds and a membership to 'Wobbly Wenches' based on the fact that you couldn't defeat him last time you battled. It's funny to think that a little kid who likes to roll around on a gym matt from time to time and doesn't know what a brothel is managed to kick the scrawny half-orc's ass, yet you didn't even scratch him. Doesn't that make you feel the littlest bit inadequate?'

TamerBill
2006-12-08, 03:28 PM
"In favourable conditions, my brother took him to within an inch of his life. The only thing that stopped me killing the aforementioned scrawny kid last time we fought was a god showing up. Shouldn't you be the one feeling inadequate, since all you're good for is losing at card games?"

LazyJoe
2006-12-08, 03:30 PM
'Who do you think summoned the god?' Jack said smugly.

TamerBill
2006-12-08, 03:32 PM
"You can't claim credit for chance!"

LazyJoe
2006-12-08, 03:34 PM
'I have done on many occasions, and will continue to do so.'

TamerBill
2006-12-08, 03:41 PM
"Your lack of prowess aside, how's the mission going? Do you actually think you can make a republic in two days or are you just stalling for time while you find some way of getting strong enough to defeat us?"

Yuki Akuma
2006-12-08, 03:52 PM
Danny continues waiting (im)patiently, while talking to Nixon. Assuming he did, indeed, follow them ehre. "Hey, Nix, do you know where Jack usually goes to gather information?"

TamerBill
2006-12-08, 04:25 PM
Nixon is busy running through the racks of highly-flammable clothes, but pauses his bull-in-a-china-shop-where-the-china-is-explosive act to answer Danny's question.

"Ooh, ooh, I know this one! Jack looks for information in pubs! He goes to the Cringing Eunuch and the Elaborate Weasel and the Irregular Hexagon and lots of others! Jack has lots of friends."

Meanwhile, the tailor comes running back in, pausing momentarily to cast a measurement-scanning spell on Danny before exiting again, muttering something about 'Dwarven Anticloth'.

Yuki Akuma
2006-12-08, 04:36 PM
Danny nods his head. "Shoulda known. Right then. Now to visit said pubs in no particular order!" He waves to Hicchup. "Seeya later. C'mon, Nix."

Gengy
2006-12-08, 05:18 PM
"Wait, Danny! Your sister would never forgive me if..." Hicchup isn't fast enough to warn Danny away from the pubs, and his voice trails off. Sighing, he pulls out Howard, a note of boredom in his voice. "My bookish friend, do you have any information on conjuration magic, and local spell casters who specialize in such? I've an idea forming in my skull..."

TamerBill
2006-12-08, 05:38 PM
"Conjuration: the magic of creating, summoning, calling, moving and manifesting. Jack has some knowledge of conjuration, though I assume that you are already aware of this and ignoring him due to lack of faith in his ability. There are many spellcasters for hire throughout the city, including those who specialise in conjuration; may I ask what you had in mind?"

Yuki Akuma
2006-12-08, 05:57 PM
Danny, trotting along towards the Cringing Eunuch, also has conjuration abilities, bot that anyone cares.

Gengy
2006-12-08, 06:02 PM
"I need to talk with Kuro. And if he's alive and hiding, it'll take a powerful summoner to speak with him. If he's dead and rotting... I'll need a summoner for his body, and a necromancer for speaking with him. There are, of course, a few problems that I haven't worked out yet, so I'm reluctant to speak more on it." Hicchup finds a chair in the tailor shop and sits, waiting, Howard in his hands.

LazyJoe
2006-12-20, 03:29 PM
(Sorry peeps, I've been... er... 'celebrating' my return home with some friends since Friday, but everything's sober... I mean, everything's okay now.)

'Huh? Oh, the republic. Er... yeah, everything's going fine. Tippity-top. Although, it is a pretty stupid idea and I never agreed to it in the first place. If only there were some person I could leak information to, like the whereabouts of the committee and when they meet...'

(Lying Through Teeth: 3, 4, 1 + 3 = 11)

TamerBill
2006-12-24, 03:54 PM
Jack's Perspective (and Jimito's, sort of, although he's not really doing anything)

"Not buying it, I'm afraid. Not at all. Look, I grow tired of this inane banter. Personally, I'm in favour of just taking you all on again, but whatever your pint-sized friend said to Deaglan it's apparently got him convinced, so I'm not allowed to make a move until your days are up. I'd advise not wasting them."

~~~~

Hicchup's Perspective

Hicchup's musings are interrupted as the tailor returns, hauling in a half-orc-sized manequin.

"Found it! Here, how about this (http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e356/TamerBill/stylishbutpractical.png)? I believe it fulfils all of your requirements, while also being reasonably priced and environmentally friendly."

~~~~

Danny and Nixon's Perspective

Following Nixon's directions to the Cringing Eunuch, Danny is probably dismayed to find that he has been led to the embassy of somewhere called Eunicia instead. No-one ever said Nixon was the world's best navigator (except that mug he stole off a sailor) but this is a little too off....

Yuki Akuma
2007-01-04, 07:46 AM
Danny hmms for a while, then steps inside. Looking for the nearest person, he speaks! "Hey there. Has someone drawn the Throne card in here recently, transforming the Cringing Eunuch into the Embassy of Eunicia? Please tell me it wasn't Jack."

TamerBill
2007-01-05, 01:16 PM
The flunky Danny stops sniffs at his question.

"I couldn't possibly divulge issues of state in such a casual manner. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have several banana martinis is prepare for the recently-crowned King of Eunicia in what used to be the bar of the Cringing Eunuch."

Yuki Akuma
2007-01-05, 08:25 PM
Danny pauses for a moment, then grins. "Thanks! D'you know where the king is at the moment? I'm sort of his... political advisor." Hey, it was the best he could come up with on such short notice.

Gengy
2007-01-08, 09:23 AM
Hicchup, after what seems like weeks, finally recovers from his awe.

"Good master tailor, it is though you have read my mind! And to see it in my size as well, you a truely a marvel, a marvel!"

Hicchup finds a dressing room and dons the clothes, coming out to look at himself in the mirror.

"Well, it is not that I am vain, but I do believe that I have just be reshelved under a new label of well dressed." Hicchup twists and turns in front of the mirror, thoroughly satisfied. "What do you think, Howard?"

LazyJoe
2007-01-09, 04:33 AM
Having forgotten what the rest of the group's aims were, and being too lazy to look over the past few pages... er... hours of his life, Jack settled for satisfying his own curiosity.

'How did you know I was going to be here? I'm a master thief, I shouldn't be this easy to track.'

TamerBill
2007-01-09, 06:49 AM
Jack's Perspective

Blue leans back lazily on the way behind him.

"Who said I knew you were going to be here? This is where I hang out. Do you even know where you are?"

~~~~

Hicchup's Perspective

"As a book, I feel I am unable to venture any sort of opinion on matters of fashion. However, I'm sure it is very 'sharp', and well worth spending our sorely-limited time on."

~~~~

Danny's Perspective

Danny is handed another copy of the map given to Jack and Jimito (scrawled on the back of a peace treaty with the squirrels) and sent on his way with a shove.

Yuki Akuma
2007-01-09, 07:09 AM
Danny grins, shouts a thank you, then jogs in the direction of the house Jack is apparently in. He could sprint, but he doubts Nixon could keep up with him.

Don Beegles
2007-01-18, 02:27 PM
Jack's been gone a while, and Genghis is starting to get a little antsy. Or badgerwhaley, as the case may be. Jimito looks at him nervously, thinking that even at this age a handsome and lean priest like himself might make a fine meal for a growing monstrosity. "Come on little Gengy, let's get you some dinner. I bet you my embassy will have something for you." He heads back to Eunicia the same way that Danny is coming, but backwards, of course. When he sees his young friend he runs to meet him. "Well Danny, how are you doing? Have you met Gengy?"

TamerBill
2007-02-23, 03:39 PM
Danny and Jimito's Perspective

Danny's running is brought to a halt as he encounters Jimito and Ghengis on the streets of Generica. Nixon, never the most aware of folk, continues running happily in a straight line without bothering to stop, his cries of "Wheeeeeeee!" eventually turning to "Oof!" as he encounters a wall at the end of the street. Ghengis the badgerwhale is uneasy around the new figure of Danny, sniffing him cautiously from a distance.

~~~~

Jack's Perspective

After his question is met with a blank stare for several minutes, Blue picks up the inanimate Jack and puts him outside. He then goes back inside and eats a sandwich.

~~~~

Hicchup's Perspective

The half-orc in question is now dressed to kill (or at least incapaciate for interrogation) and ready to begin the next phase of his fiendishly cunning plan, which is so devious and amazingly-well-thought-out that no-one can remember what it was.

~~~~

Idi'inth's Perspective

In an afterlife somewhere, someone throws a rock at the gnome. This is completely irrelevant but also rather amusing.

Yuki Akuma
2007-02-24, 10:25 AM
Danny blinks at the fire elemental, the ape-priest, the abomination against nature and the badgerwhale. "...Uuuh, Nix, you were supposed to stop here. Are you okay, buddy?" He then promptly prods Jack in the arm. "Hello?"

Gengy
2007-02-25, 10:10 AM
Hicchup's Perspective

The half-orc in question is now dressed to kill (or at least incapaciate for interrogation) and ready to begin the next phase of his fiendishly cunning plan, which is so devious and amazingly-well-thought-out that no-one can remember what it was.

...not even him. But...

The cosmos are a funny and amusing thing, and Patina can be wise in all her many clerical workings - and when clerical is mentioned in this sense, it does not mean the healer priest most commonly thought of, but of the secretarial and recorder position. That is, in fact, a common misconception that is most aggravating among certain peoples. Someone could be perfectly fine, not hurt or dying at all, and yet they say, "Get a cleric!" Of course, a priest is immediately rushed to the scene, typically bribed good money to even be there, and the one who asked for him to come looks at him, and hands him paper and quill. Worse yet, I suppose, is when someone is on the verge of ending their lifelong existence, and in their extreme pain, they, or someone close to them, asks for a cleric, and when one arrives, he can do nothing to save said dying person... but if he is any kind of clerical recorder at all, he will have drafts of several different documents labeled 'Last Dying Will', and can at least assist in...

Wait. That's completely off track.

Where were we? Let's see. Cosmos, funny, Patina, wise, clerical workings, remembering the plan, insulting Idi'inth, finding Jimito and Danny, thinking about finding Jack... no, wait, too far. Clericals workings? Hmmm... Right! But just to be sure, back it up a bit...

Patina can be wise in all her many clerical workings, so a mere moment to sit and refresh myself - in stylish fashion, if I may say so - should give me exactly what I need to remember the plan.

The unruly Wall-ter has been walking for quite some time, looking rather grim. Right behind the illustrious illusion, however, is the large Half-orc - now well dressed - and Hicchup is looking rather thoughtful. Or confused. Or both.

In other words, normal. For Hicchup. Stopping in the middle of the street, and looking at the sky, the brain of the bunch contemplates and reflects on what seems like months of things, but in reality is less than five days. Four, if you don't count the day when Hicchup was being chased by guards and hauled into... the king's waiting room.

With a tiny shudder at the thought of waiting rooms - they can be more evil than dungeons, since dungeons at least have some form of bed, while waiting rooms only have uncomfortable couches - Hicchup finally remembers the plan.

"Ha! Idi'inth couldn't have done half of what I do, the dead post of a ill begotten gnome!" The next portion of his immediate checklist taken care of, Hicchup begins walking again, intent upon finding Jimito or Danny. As a means to the end, the Half-orc begins looking around for them, walking in the general direction of a hopeful person in a big city intent upon finding a boy ninja and a monkey man.

(OOC: LOL. That felt good.)

TamerBill
2007-02-25, 10:15 AM
Hicchup is swiftly led to the rest of the gang by a random passer-by, who mumbles something about 'getting the game moving again' before disappearing into a back alley, to never be seen from again.

Gengy
2007-02-25, 10:21 AM
Odd. Oh well. Now, I wonder if we should find Jack? Hicchup waves to both Jimito, Danny, and Nixon. Yes. Both. Grammer shall once again be slowly and cruely maimed to death.

"Greetings, my good fellows. I... is that a badgerwhale?" The half-orc stops and stares.

LazyJoe
2007-02-25, 11:11 AM
Having been thinking for quite a while about Blue's words, mentally throwing rocks at Idi'inith, naked mud wrestling, and deciphering what the hell Hicchup was thinking about the cosmos, Jack finally came to his sense as Danny tapped his arm.

'What do you want? Since when was I outside? Who stole my bundt cake?'

Shaking himself out of his seemingly month's-long confusion, Jack spotted Hicchup.

'Oi, half-dork, what's the plan? Blue's in there and he's talking about stuff.'

Yuki Akuma
2007-02-25, 06:22 PM
Danny hmmms to himself, then turns to Hicchup, asking the first question that comes to his mind. "What's a bundt cake?"

TamerBill
2007-02-26, 06:29 AM
Relishing the opportunity to actually be used as a reference book for once, Howard takes it upon himself to answer Danny's confectionary question.

"Bundt cake is a popular type of oven-baked dessert cake, named after its inventor Sir Robert Cake. It is generally baked in a torus shape, and is popular amongst both the lower classes of Generica and with dwarven immigrants."

Yuki Akuma
2007-02-26, 09:02 AM
Danny hmmms. "Thanks Howard..." He pauses for a moment. "But I am a lower-class Generican. Anyway, I thought you didn't like me?"

TamerBill
2007-02-26, 09:09 AM
"I do not withhold information on the basis of personal reputation. The knowledge of the bundt cake is not a great secret to be shared with only the worthy."

Yuki Akuma
2007-02-26, 10:28 AM
"You're just annoyed by the fact that no one actually uses you as a reference book, aren't you?"

Gengy
2007-02-26, 06:33 PM
"Hey now, Howard has many uses, and being a reference book is merely a perk, as far as I am concerned." Hicchup comes out of his momentary stupor, and turns to Jack. "If I ever hear that half-dork comment again, Jack, I will play you at Sorcery: The Gathering. And knowing your track record, I feel that is a significant threat. So either come up with more subtle insults that I can recognize as some form of intellegence, or you and I shall have words. Big. Long. Words. The verbosity of which shall render you baffled, beffudled, and bemoaning... more frequently than usual, that is."

Hicchup shakes himself, and cleans off the cuff of his new outfit. "As to your question about the plan... Well, let's just go have a chat with Blue first, if indeed he is inside."

Which, even if that claim is true, I seriously doubt he's still there. Ninja aren't filed under 'Easily Disappearable' for nothing. The half-orc thinks to himself as he turns toward the door and, hand straying towards his overly large pen, enters the building. "BLUE? A peaceful word with you, if you have it in you!"

Mentally, Hicchup prepares to throw up a defensive shield should their be an attack.

TamerBill
2007-02-27, 11:40 AM
"Great, now they're multiplying...."

Blue steps out from the shadows at the back of the room and into view. He is dressed in his costume again, but is not obviously armed.

"What do you want?"

Gengy
2007-02-27, 02:44 PM
"To confirm that Jack wasn't completely insane." Hicchup blinks, mildly surprised that Blue is, indeed, here. "Now that I know he was telling the truth, however, I suppose the next thing to ask is this... What do you think of this republic idea? Not what Red thinks, but you. If we pulled it off, would that be enough for you?"

TamerBill
2007-02-27, 03:45 PM
"I think it's crazy, and about as likely to work as a Generican hobo. But if you do manage to blackmail a god into making it happen then I would consider my job here done. I hope you won't be offended if I make a contingency plan, though."

LazyJoe
2007-02-27, 06:55 PM
'Hey, I thought we'd established that the republic was a stupid idea by a stupidly stupid little person. However, this 'blackmailing gods' thing interests me and I wish to learn more.'

Gengy
2007-02-28, 10:18 AM
"Hush, Jack." Hicchup motions for silence - not expecting it, but hoping. "That's pretty much what we've come up with too. Feel free to make as many contingency plans as you want... but, on sheer principle, you understand, I'd recommend against any that involve me dying. What does Kuro think of this republic idea?"

Yuki Akuma
2007-02-28, 10:53 AM
Danny watches throught the door silently, spinning his Rod of Water gently in his hand. Not threateningly or anything, just... cautiously. He doesn't trust Blue at all, which is rather obvious.

TamerBill
2007-02-28, 11:20 AM
Blue looks at Hicchup to see if that was supposed to be a joke.
"Our sensei is dead. His opinion on your silly little plan will remain forever undisclosed."

Yuki Akuma
2007-02-28, 12:23 PM
Because obviously speaking with the dead is impossible, Danny thinks to Jenny.

TamerBill
2007-02-28, 12:32 PM
"To be fair, I'm not technically dead. More inconvenienced, really."

Gengy
2007-02-28, 03:01 PM
"Well that's just it, isn't it? There in lies the true crux of the problem. The stick in everyone's spinning wheel. The metaphor that causes confusion. The four-stamped paper within the five stamped pile." Hicchup pauses, speculative. "You get the idea. Look. I don't consider everything black and white. There are many different shades of idiocy and life, as far as I am concerned. But some of what... Red has done is... inexcusable in my mind. Threatening the current political power is not quite among the top of the list. I don't expect you - or anyone else, for that matter - to understand where I'm coming from. Where I am going, however... That's a different matter. Unless you've a question for any of us, I think we're done here. We've a god and or goddess to speak with."

There. Let him stick THAT in Red's pipe so it'll be smoked. Not to mention that that diety conversation idea is actually NOT a bad idea.

TamerBill
2007-02-28, 03:30 PM
"...is it wrong that I'm beginning to empathise with Jack? That sort of longwinded verbosity ought to be banned by treaty."

LazyJoe
2007-02-28, 04:18 PM
Not having a clue what 'empathise' meant, Jack assumed it meant that Blue respected him as a sneaky warrior and fellow awesome person.

Yuki Akuma
2007-02-28, 04:26 PM
"You want to be fair to him?" Danny pauses. "...I really need to stop talking to Jenny out loud. Sheesh... how do telepaths manage it?" He muses on this as he follows along beside Hicchup, beckoning Nixon as he continues tossing his Rod of Water in the air, letting it spin, and catching it.

Gengy
2007-03-06, 01:31 PM
Once outside, Hicchup draws in a deep breath and lets it out slowly. "Right. We've got very little time left to inact some sort of plan. We've a few things we can do, and none of them are pleasent. Some of them are even less pleasent than others. First thing first, though... let's get to a more respectable establishment than here. Danny's parent's house, a nice tea shop, or a bar free of shadowy old men with problems that we've no time to deal with."

LazyJoe
2007-03-06, 03:05 PM
'How about the Eunician Embassy? I know the guy who owns it.'

Yuki Akuma
2007-03-06, 06:22 PM
"Seeing as the guy who owns it is Jimito, that's not a surprise..." Danny mumbles to himself.

Gengy
2007-03-07, 06:11 PM
"What did you say, Danny? I didn't catch that." Hicchup blinks, caught be surprise. "I'm afraid I was momentarily stunned when Jack suggesting an actual, honest to Patina, good idea. My deepest regards Jack. Lead us onwards, then, shall you?"

LazyJoe
2007-03-07, 06:23 PM
Jack looks less than impressed at Hicchup's surprised attitude towards his idea, and seems reluctant to help Hicchup any more because he's a stupid know-it-all, bordering on sarcastic stupid half-orc mage. But then again, Jack wants a pina colada, so he's leads everyone to the Eunician Embassy.

TamerBill
2007-03-16, 04:23 PM
At the embassy the gang is met by several flunkies, who take their coats and any other extreneous items of clothing before showing them to the embassy's very own War Room. It's not very diplomatic, but very handy for planning.

Yuki Akuma
2007-03-17, 09:33 PM
Danny turns to Hicchup and says, conversationally, "Why do I keep getting the feeling that entire weeks pass by without anything happening even when it's only been a few minutes?"

Don Beegles
2007-03-23, 02:08 PM
Jimito, who has been leaning on the table and looking at the wall jerks upright abruptly. "Wow, I just had the wierdest dream. Wait a minute, where am I? It looks like the embassy but I don't recognize this place." He looks around for a minute and realizes. "Wait, this is the War Room isn't it? I've never been in because I always just thought it was a room for old clothes, and I don't particularly like fauns. Er, anyway, what did I miss?"

TamerBill
2007-06-27, 10:25 AM
And now, a quick recap.

Hired by the king to protect him from assassination, Team Potato Tree clashed with a group of celestial ninja who wanted the king dead for crimes against balance. Believing that violence is not always the answer, Danny recieves three days from Red in which to find a peaceful solution. Halfway through his second day the team are no closer to a democracy, and attempts to contact the ninjas' Sensei prove fruitless ('cos he's dead). The team are now gathered in the War Room of the Eunician Embassy, ready to hear Hicchup's top secret plan that will solve all their problems. Except for Nixon, who is terrorising the cook.

Gengy
2007-06-27, 05:45 PM
"...and that is my plan." Everyone clapped and the world was right. My genius was rewarded, and I even... no, no, too unrealistic. Jack didn't make more than three sarcastic remarks. Sigh. I suppose we could fall back on petitioning to a deity. But the unreliability of such an action is it's own, dare I think it, devil's advocate. Hmmm. No, no, that's just... insane. Mother would never let me show my face at her grave again. But if it worked, and no one died... Almost to the point of extreme oddity, Hicchup has been uncharacteristically silent. He doesn't even hear Danny's question about time and feeling slowed. Surely if he had, he would have mentioned that time is relative, and no one likes their relatives all that much, but certainly they'll put up with them.

Finally, the half-orc snaps out of his revere. "So. Anyone have anything to say before I tell you what I advise we do next?"

LazyJoe
2007-06-29, 09:34 AM
Having been staring into space and dribbling for the past few months minutes, Jack immediately put his hand up, brimming with moderately appropriate insults and less-than-helpful suggestions that seemed to have been maturing for the past few months minutes.