PDA

View Full Version : GitP PrC XIX: Voting Thread! FINAL VOTING!!!! VOTE AGAIN!

ErrantX
2010-06-12, 11:02 AM
Alright, it's that time again!

We're voting on the current contest, and as with the last contest where we had a bang of entries, I am going to do a double run on voting. What this means is, I will be running the voting on the primaries for the next 7 days (vote for three). After that, I will run the voting on the three winners of the first voting for the next three days. As before, I have a tie-breaking vote if necessary, so try to get people voting so I can just admire your handiwork as some sort of unknowable evil overlord.

Our winner is... DragoonWraith and his Midnight Occultist! Congratulations DW!!

Our contestants!
Final Round!
{table=head]Author|Class|Votes
Forever Curious|Bloody Reaper|3
DragoonWraith|Midnight Occultist|15
zagan|War Summoner|1[/table]

First round:
{table=head]Author|Class|Votes
Lord_Gareth|Voidmage Husher|7
Forever Curious|Bloody Reaper|11
Glimbur|Shadow Warrior|9
Vaynor|Blade Dancer|5
Edge|Witcher of Morhen|6
Random_person|Primal Scholar|3
Rauthiss|Spellslayer|2
Thrantar|Spellmantle|0
zagan|War Summoner|10 (tie breaker by X)
Kira_the_5th|Fluid Blade|0
Hyooz|Felblade|7
Zom B|Sleight Shifter|4
Morth|Rhythmic Thrasher|0
Xzoltar|Self Wonder|2
TheLonelyScribe|Troopleader Mage|0
PairO'Dice Lost|Proclaimer of Victory|4
Berfor Terraf|Double Dragon|0
akira72703|Aspect Warrior|1
Dragoon Wraith|Midnight Occultist|20
Jallorn|Fel Crusader|1
Samb|Gish|9[/table]

Voting for the finals ends on June 23rd (Midnight CT)! Vote vote vote!
-X

Lord_Gareth
2010-06-12, 11:08 AM
Witcher of Morhen
Midnight Occultist
Bloody Reaper

Rauthiss
2010-06-12, 11:32 AM
I think you mean GitP PrC XIV...

Midnight Occultist has obviously had a lot of work put into it, looks good, and combines two of my favorite subsystems. Although not all of the Vestiges are finished, the finished ones clearly outweigh the unfinished ones. Such work should be rewarded - Good work as usual, DW.

Shadow Warrior also takes advantage of my love for undersupported magic systems. The fluff is well done, and the shadow animation puts this clearly over the edge of Rule of Cool. The shadow soulmelds show the work that was put into the class, although the formatting could be done better. That's just polish, though, so Glimbur's class gets my vote.

War Summoner - Zagan, you've done it again. The war summoner has awesome fluff, an awesome concept, and had the work put into it to make it a full, complete class. The 9th and 10th level abilities cement the War Summoner as insanely cool - given a few rounds, you can literally summon up an army. Good job!

Congratulations to all of those who submitted a class as well as the ones that were voted for. As others have said, the quality of the entries this time was huge, and I can't wait to see you all next contest!

DragoonWraith
2010-06-12, 11:43 AM
Arrrgh, this is really hard! Really, really hard! Too many good choices.

I really like the Bloody Reaper, that one is probably my single favorite. After that, though, and very near seconds all, there's just so many choices. Seriously, there aren't any here that are actually finished that I am not very strongly considering.

Somehow, though, I just really like the imagery of the Blade Dancer and War Summoner. I really like the imagery of all of them, honestly, but I have to choose, don't I? Argh but then. But then I'm not voting for so many great classes! Doesn't seem right. Seriously, this has been an epic contest in terms of entries, there's a lot of really slick entries here.

Glimbur
2010-06-12, 12:00 PM
Blade Dancer
War Summoner
Proclaimer of Victory

zagan
2010-06-12, 12:29 PM
Okay lot of choice here, I won't vote for my own, I'm proud of it but I prefer voting for other.

After that:
Shadow Warrior
Midnight Occultist

Both use incarnum my favorite subsystem and both are very well done.
As for the last one hum, I'll go with the:

Primal Scholar

Combining barbarian and archivist is a very original idea and it's very well done.

GenPol
2010-06-12, 12:56 PM
Bloody Reaper
Sleight Shifter
Aspect Warrior

Thrice Dead Cat
2010-06-12, 02:01 PM
Midnight Occultist: So, for a few months I've been meaning to work on some sweet, sweet soul fusion between Incarnum and Binding. I don't think I'll need to do that now.

Shadow Warrior: Glimbur may not do much for fluff, but what he does I can't help but laugh at. Also, I love me some subsystems.

Felblade: Eldritch Glaive may not need any more love, but this is an interesting take on it. The rest of the stuffs mixing around Duskblade casting and Essences are pretty sweet, too.

Khaladon
2010-06-12, 03:12 PM
1.Voidmage Husher: Excellent writing, description and obviously a lot of time, work and thought went into this PrC. Plus it's just Cool! :smallbiggrin:
2. Shadow Warrior: This PrC design makes me what to learn more about Incarnum magic. Now!
3. FellBlade: Certainly an interesting and potent PrC. My only concern is that is may just be a bit too powerful

As others have said, all the entries in this contest were great and it was hard to pick just three. As special mention, for some reason the back story of the Witcher's of Morhen particularily appealed to me and the War Summoner seems it would be a very fun PrC to play.

TheLonelyScribe
2010-06-12, 03:41 PM
Voidmage Husher
Primal Scholar
and
War Summoner
for excellent concepts.

Xzoltar
2010-06-12, 03:48 PM
My vote :
- Midnight Occultist (DragoonWraith)
- Shadow Warrior (Glimbur)
- Proclaimer of Victory (PairO'Dice Lost)

Dante & Vergil
2010-06-12, 04:03 PM
Man, this contest rocked with all of the entries people put in!! I thought hard about what I wanted to vote for, really hard because there were so many that were and are awesome, but if I want to vote, I must and I will.
Bloody Reaper because necromancy in any form is awesome, and as a whole as well. This class just too good to pass up.
Self Wonder because I love theurge-like classes, and the more classes involved, the more awesome it is.
Gish. We actually had someone do a PrC that this whole conest's origins are from! And the mechanics matching the flavor, are what topped it off!!
Now understand that because you were not voted for does not mean that you didn't make something amazing. You guys did good work and should be proud.

The Tygre
2010-06-12, 04:16 PM
Oh, this is a tough call;

Midnight Occultist
Midnight Occultist Bloody Reaper
Midnight Occultist The Gish

Dragoon, whatever you do, you -have- to finish these chakras. Do Demented One's Outer God vestiges as chakras, and I'll owe you for -life-. And props to ya' Samb for using real, honest-to-gods Tony DiTerlizzi Planescape artwork for the Gish.

DragoonWraith
2010-06-12, 04:25 PM
I have every intention of finishing them as soon as voting's over. I do appreciate the votes, though. As for TD1's vestiges, the first priority is going to be the official online Vestiges (Arete, Abysm, Astaroth, Desharis, the Triad, Vanus, and Zceryll), then probably my own homebrewed Vestiges (Chattur'gha, Ulyaoth, and Xel'lotath), but if there are requests beyond that, I'd be interested. Especially for work by someone as skilled as TD1.

Dusk Eclipse
2010-06-12, 05:50 PM
Midnight Occultist
Gish
Fellblade

mrcarter11
2010-06-12, 06:08 PM
My votes:
Midnight Occultist
War Summoner
Witcher of Morhen

Divayth Fyr
2010-06-12, 06:21 PM
Midnight Occultist - for the sheer amount of work and merging two unusual power sources
Bloody Reaper - necromancy! And a working class at that - and you can't say that about many necro-related classes out there :smallwink:
Gish - for making a class around the original concept of Gish

Forever Curious
2010-06-12, 06:32 PM
Bloody Reaper (shameless self vote)

The other two are really fun concepts that deserve a vote:
Spellslayer
Proclaimer of Victory

The Anarresti
2010-06-12, 11:29 PM
Just so y'all know, I'm voting almost exclusively based on fluff.

The Witcher of Morhen Just classic monster hunter, you know? They who hunt the monsters become a little monstrous themselves...
Voidmage Husher The sneakyness and the silence-focus alone make this a good class, the idea that when they are hidden they actually don't exist makes this a very good class, and the thought of a handful of books constantly being stolen and hidden and stolen again by the best thieves in the world makes this a great class.
Fell Crusader :smallbiggrin: Legends of demonic people fighting demons, from which they get their power, are very old, (Merlin was probably the first), and like most old stories, they are old for a reason: they are good enough to stick around.

Samb
2010-06-13, 09:06 AM
Gish: I threw out my original idea because it didn't feel gishy. In fact I didn't really think any of 28 PrCs had it just right flavor wise. I set out to make, not a powerful Gish (that is too easy) but a "real" Gish. In that regrad I think was successful.

Even though I did say I felt the flavor lacking in most PrCs 2 did stand out fluff wise.
Primal scholor: this is the cardial virture of moderation personified. Almost like a philosopher or monk reach the perfect middle ground. It wasn't perfect, I think having wild surge and other emotive features Like shifting or maenad outburst other than just rage would have bolstered it's applications but the idea was nice even if it wasn't perfect in execution.
War summoner: I can't get the idea of Pein (from Naruto) spam summoning things and fighting along side them when I read this entry. Well balanced and consistant in it's fluff.

Edit: another thing that did affect my opinion was the fact that I just don't know anything about Incarnum, binding, shadow magic and truenamers. I have
hard time understanding tome of Incarnum in particular. So yeah, if I don't get the class, I have a hard time evaluating it.

Stycotl
2010-06-13, 12:48 PM
proclaimer of victory

spellslayer

voidmage husher

Edge
2010-06-13, 01:39 PM
Midnight Occultist
Voidmage Husher
Bloody Reaper

JoshuaZ
2010-06-13, 02:13 PM
Voidmage Husher
Midnight Occultist
Bloody Reaper

Zombieboots
2010-06-14, 11:11 AM
Midnight Occultist So much work for an excellent combination of the two. Well. Done.

Shadow Warrior I'm picky about the name since it sounds sooo cheesy. However the class itself is solid, clean, and simple, and that alone makes it stand out.

Gish The paragon of Gishes. Reminds me a little more of a ranger with the pet, but the fluff reflects the features perfectly.

Well done all three.

ErrantX
2010-06-14, 02:24 PM
Current votes have been tallied, let's keep em coming!

-X

Stompy
2010-06-14, 02:56 PM
Midnight Occultist- You had me at your sample encounter.
Felblade- Way to make arcane channeling re-awesome.
Sleight Shifter- I just like the idea a lot, and want to play it for hilarity reasons.

demidracolich
2010-06-14, 04:15 PM
1.Midnight Occultist: binder=awesome, incarnum=awesome, this class= even more awesome!!!!!
2.Blade Dancer
3.Witcher of Morhen

Hyooz
2010-06-14, 05:27 PM
1. Midnight Occultist: Can't help it. I really, really want to play this class. It's hard to ignore the sheer amount of work that went into it, too. Overall, just a very solid class. Definitely earns my vote.
2. Sleight Shifter: As a huge fan of druids, and especially wildshape focused druids, this takes the class in a direction you don't see very often, and I dig it. It synergizes well with all of the druid's key features, and makes taking something other than druid 20 worthwhile.
3. Felblade: Yeah, I'm a bad person.

SamFisher
2010-06-15, 12:40 AM
Primal Scholar
Felblade
Self Wonder

ErrantX
2010-06-15, 09:58 AM
Votes tallied, let's see some more!

-X

NecroticPunch
2010-06-15, 10:34 AM
Midnight Occultist - Flavor, writing, and balance. This has got to be the single coolest PrC I've seen in a while.
Shadow Warrior - I like how the class merges my two favorite things - soul melds and the shadow plane.
Bloody Reaper - It's necromancy, and it's balanced.

Kallisti
2010-06-15, 08:03 PM
So many good choices... I'll take Midnight Occultist, although Shadow Blade, Witcher of Morhen, and Bloody Reaper were all awesome as well, and all of the entries were good.
Midnight Occultist
Witcher of Morhen
Shadow Blade
EDIT:
@v...oh. Heh...fixed.

demidracolich
2010-06-15, 08:21 PM
Um, your're currently supposed to vote for your top three. There is another round of voting for the first place entry.

Vaynor
2010-06-17, 12:16 AM
Sleight Shifter
Blade Dancer
Gish

ErrantX
2010-06-17, 12:26 PM
Current votes tallied again, looks like our top 3 right now are Dragoon Wraith's Midnight Occultist, Forever Curious' Bloody Reaper, and the Glimbur's Shadow Warrior. Let's get some more votes in. As the Midnight Occultist is far and away in the lead right now, I may not do a final voting top 3 voting, but that depends on if any one or two classes start to catch up.

-X

boomwolf
2010-06-17, 05:33 PM
There are too many worthy choices for me to vote.

Heck. good thing I didn't have time to finish my Arcane Fist. he would never stand out here.

ErrantX
2010-06-17, 05:41 PM
There are too many worthy choices for me to vote.

Heck. good thing I didn't have time to finish my Arcane Fist. he would never stand out here.

Awww, don't be a fence sitter :smalltongue:

You gotta have some picks!

-X

Forever Curious
2010-06-17, 05:45 PM
Awww, don't be a fence sitter :smalltongue:

You gotta have some picks!

-X

*cough*BloodyReaper*cough*

Draken
2010-06-17, 05:51 PM
Well, after checking it over some, I will have to give these votes.

Midnight Occultist - God. Damn. Awesome.
Witcher of Morhen - Quite interesting.
Gish - It's a classic. What's not to like? Besides the obligatory LA +2 anyway.

cooperflood
2010-06-17, 07:49 PM
War Summoner: Hands down my favorite class. The only class in this competition I could actually see myself playing (more like begging my DM to allow me to play).

Gish: Funny, Iconic, and well written.

Bloody Reaper: Not a class I would ever play, but very will written and definitely fills a poorly supported nitch that appeals to a broad cross section of players.

Jota
2010-06-17, 08:14 PM
Shadow Warrior - A travesty that it's not leading in my mind.

Other than that...

Voidmage Husher

Nothing else interests me enough to merit my final vote, though I'll plead ignorance on a few of the alternative magic systems.

Zemro
2010-06-17, 11:20 PM
Midnight Occultist
War Summoner
Blade Dancer

The amount of work put into Midnight Occultist is astounding, and the class itself is very interesting. It easily earned my top spot.

The other two were also enjoyable and perked my interest, giving them the other two.

Bergor Terraf
2010-06-19, 10:24 AM
I'ts been hard choosing just 3, but here goes:

Midnight Occultist
Felblade
War Summoner

ErrantX
2010-06-20, 12:54 AM
So... I was at an agonizing crossroads.

I counted up my top 3 and decided that I wanted to see a final run off. Problem was, 3rd place had a 3 way tie. As it is my duty to be the tie-breaking vote, I sat and pondered the position of that tie. While I really enjoyed the Shadow Warrior (I love shadowcasting, what can I say?) and how some new and unique soulmelds were made for it, it... wasn't what I was looking for.

That left me with the choice between the War Summoner and the Gish. I had some problems with both, but really loved both just the same. The War Summoner seemed a bit too generic with it's summons, and while I approve of being very summon oriented and all, I guess I wanted to see mostly just outsider summons or animal summons, or something along those lines. Some kind of focus for it's summoning. Like at level 1 of the class, you make a decision as to what kind of War Summoner you are, and you gain access to all of those spells. Just my thoughts on the subject, but overall, I really liked it. A good header picture as well, gave me a really great mental image.

The Gish was a classy choice, but it also left me feeling a bit flat. Easy and early entry, and very powerful(!), some flavorful abilities as far as augmenting what psi-likes the race has... but just something was missing. I liked how it really touched on all the cultural and racial notes of the Gish as a class... but yeah, it just seemed kind of... flat. I don't know, it didn't wow me enough I guess.

To that end, I am casting my tie breaker vote for the War Summoner, for while the contest is for the new concept of the gish, the Gish did not seem to live up to the contest's name: Best Served Bold. The War Summoner does seem like a bold character, rushing into the fray with sword and spell, summoning mid battle to alter the flow of combat.

Top 3 picks are the Midnight Occultist, the Bloody Reaper, and the War Summoner. OP has been modded to represent the new voting table. Voting will go on until midnight (central time) June 23rd. After that, a winner is selected, and I will start the next contest. Cheers!

-X

mrcarter11
2010-06-20, 01:01 AM
Consider my vote casted for midnight.. I really hope that dragon finishes the class.. please do man..

Thrice Dead Cat
2010-06-20, 01:38 AM
Midnight Occultist!

Forever Curious
2010-06-20, 01:58 AM
...does it even matter at this point? We all know who is superior...

Bloody Reaper :smallamused:

Divayth Fyr
2010-06-20, 03:25 AM
Midnight Occultist!

zagan
2010-06-20, 03:50 AM
How did I end up in the final round ? Well thanks to all those that vote for my entry I never though I would get more than 1 or 2 vote.
So thanks to all those that vote for it.

Still my vote go to the:
Midnight Occultist

Xzoltar
2010-06-20, 06:48 AM
Midnight Occultist

Zemro
2010-06-20, 09:20 AM
Midnight Occultist then, it was my topic before and remains as such now.

cooperflood
2010-06-20, 09:56 AM
War Summoner

Glimbur
2010-06-20, 12:58 PM
Midnight Occultist.

Zombieboots
2010-06-20, 01:00 PM
Midnight Occultist Ofcourse.

Please have another recasting vote for the Shadow Warrior, Gish, & War Summoner. I would have preferred either of the other two rather then War Summoner.

DragoonWraith
2010-06-20, 01:19 PM
What I don't understand is, this contest has been full of people putting down others' work. Mostly by non-contestants. Did no one ever teach you that "if you have nothing nice to say, don't say it"?

Divayth Fyr
2010-06-20, 02:12 PM
Please have another recasting vote for the Shadow Warrior, Gish, & War Summoner.

Why? Just because YOU don't like it? Errant has given himself the right to have a tie-breaking vote and used it - I don't see a problem here.

Samb
2010-06-20, 02:52 PM
Hmm I didn't vote for bloody reaper first round but since Errant didn't disqualify it, I suppose of the three I liked it best (yes even over the war summoner which I did vote for 1st round).

Bloody Reaper

As for my own creation (Gish), I would have to say I was surprised I even got as many votes that I did, considering I put the whole thing up in less than 48 hours. I did feel it was a bit flat mechanically, but my focus was the flavor.

Thanks for the support y'all.

JoshuaZ
2010-06-20, 04:47 PM
Midnight Occultist.

Lord_Gareth
2010-06-20, 05:22 PM
Children of the Mausoleum. Wait, wrong contest. Ah, Nightsinger! No? Voidblade Eliminator?

Sorry, my bitterness is showing >.>

That said, I wholeheartedly support the Midnight Occultist. And the growing movement for people to shut up and engage in the friendly environment this contest is intended to have, rather than moan and complain about this technicality or that triviality. The voters will have their way, folks, as I have learned to my repeated and intense frustration. There's nothing you can do about it, so stop whining, wouldja?

DragoonWraith
2010-06-20, 05:25 PM
Honestly, Gareth, I honestly feel guilty not having voted for the Voidmage Husher; it's excellent work. But a Metal Wu Jen gish is something I've wanted to see for a long time and Vaynor did a great job with it, and I feel like zagan's War Summoner is just a really interesting and unique idea I'd never considered before. And the Bloody Reaper simply jumped to the top of my "I want to play this" list as soon as I saw it...

Lord_Gareth
2010-06-20, 05:29 PM
Eh, my biases have informed much of my voting; I hate Wu Jen (and consider it to be seriously dumb), have since washed my hands clean of what WotC mockingly calls "Necromancy", and I'm not a summon kind of guy. I play characters who get their hands dirty. And, well, we all know how I am on alignment matters - after all, I made the freaking color wheel conversion for D&D.

Stompy
2010-06-20, 05:59 PM
I vote Midnight Occultist, mainly because it is the only one left in my three line-up

Don't Worry Be Happy :smallcool:

Vaynor
2010-06-20, 09:10 PM
But a Metal Wu Jen gish is something I've wanted to see for a long time and Vaynor did a great job with it

Thanks! :smallsmile:

I hate Wu Jen (and consider it to be seriously dumb)

It's all good, wu jen hate you too. :smallwink:

That said, Midnight Occultist.

demidracolich
2010-06-20, 09:20 PM
Midnight Occultist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I decided to make my vote incarnum coloured!:smallbiggrin:

Zombieboots
2010-06-20, 09:24 PM
Why? Just because YOU don't like it? Errant has given himself the right to have a tie-breaking vote and used it - I don't see a problem here.

Wow, what is with the hate?
While no I am not a fan of War Summoner, I don't "hate it," like you are insinuating. I thought it would be more fair to vote on 3rd place. If Errant still says "no" then shrug, you are right it is his thread. But you don't get anything if you do not at lest ask.

Edit: And props to you! I thought you were a War Summoner voter, turns out you're just a fan of fair play. Always the best choice.

DragoonWraith
2010-06-20, 09:43 PM
If you don't hate it, you might not want to say such things as "I'd rather anything over the War Summoner", which is how your comment came across. Again, if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything. This isn't really so much a rule of the contest as much as life as a whole... There were a literally infinite number of ways you could have suggested a vote for 3rd place without sounding like you were insulting zagan.

Thrice Dead Cat
2010-06-20, 10:18 PM
If you don't hate it, you might not want to say such things as "I'd rather anything over the War Summoner", which is how your comment came across. Again, if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything. This isn't really so much a rule of the contest as much as life as a whole... There were a literally infinite number of ways you could have suggested a vote for 3rd place without sounding like you were insulting zagan.

Maybe it's just the internet?:smallconfused: I noticed that there has been a lot of rabble rousing this time around with people drawing not entirely accurate conclusions from another's text.

The Tygre
2010-06-20, 11:42 PM
Midnight Occultist. Again.

Morrolan
2010-06-21, 03:39 AM
As a big fan of necromancy (or at least how it should be) : Bloody Reaper

Samb
2010-06-21, 11:09 AM
Why are you getting offended over people saying what they prefer on a voting thread? That's really the whole point of a vote isn't it?
You put your creation into a contest, ask for a PEACH, put yourself against your fellow gamers you should be prepared for the fact that not everyone will agree with you.
I didn't get defensive when ErrantX said my Gish was uninspired and cut it I didn't tell him: "if you nothing nice to say don't say anything".

Why can't you just accept that not everyone agrees with you? This is especially strange since it is coming from someone with a commanding lead in this contest.

DragoonWraith
2010-06-21, 11:23 AM
It is one thing to say "I like this one best".

It is another thing entirely to say "None of these are any good" or "I really dislike that one" or "This really doesn't deserve voting for." Those are just plain rude. We are here for a friendly competition, and everyone should vote for what they think is best - what they think is worst is not being asked for. No one wanted that opinion, no one asked for it, and offering it is, again, rude. This is not an "Internet thing", I don't care who or where you are, putting down others' work for no reason other than flout your "right to an opinion" is just plain rude.

There is a massive difference between honest evaluation and critique, and an insult. If one is evaluating and critiquing, one should be pointing out specific flaws, suggesting fixes, etc etc. Not just saying "this is bad". I did a lot of PEACHing for this contest - every single class with the exception of the Witcher of Morhen, and I missed that only because Edge asked me to wait for him to update. There were a lot of things in a lot of those classes that I thought were flawed, but I was careful in my wording to try to help the author improve upon their work and not to insult what they had done. I expect such care from everyone in this contest, yes.

And ErrantX did not say the Gish was "uninspired". He never used that word, you did. He said it left him feeling "flat". Didn't "wow" him enough. While certainly not the most useful critique, ErrantX's specific opinion was asked for by the rules (unlike others), and I think his post is clearly intended to be an admission that he does not have a specific reason, more of a vague and nebulous emotional reaction to the work. I agree that this sucks to be what the decision comes down to, but at least he tried to explain himself when he had to make the call. He was in a position where that was necessary.

Others are not in ErrantX's position. They do not have to explain themselves and they do not have to make tough decisions. Their opinions are not expressly solicited. It is very different, I think, to say something like what ErrantX said when he had to, and another to drop your opinion into this thread, unasked for and unwanted.

ErrantX
2010-06-21, 12:09 PM
We're arguing on the internet.

http://d1syadvoyajtpr.cloudfront.net/06a4b77f572d45c2591b745f986b85ad_300.jpg

Honestly, bashing folk's works in the contest is just poor form. I never once said Samb's Gish was uninspired, I said it felt a little flat to me. I say this because it's an Eldritch Knight that gets a sharper sword, a dragon for a mount, and some not terribly helpful psychic abilities that the race already had that work moderately better. I think Samb did a great job with the class, it's very potent, but it didn't have anything that just really set it apart. I loved how he named the various abilities, I just would have liked to have seen some new and unique mechanics for it.

I for one think this arguing needs to cease, at the very least in the voting thread unless it's your opinions as to your choice accompanied by your vote. Anything else, take it to the chat thread or to PM's. This is a friendly game people. Let's be friends.

-X

Samb
2010-06-21, 12:18 PM
But it's it implicit that feedback, both postitive and negative is sought. You post your creation with the expectation that some will like it and some won't.

Sure most people can just say what they voted for and leave it at that while others wish to explain why they choose the votes they did. You keep saying "friendly competition" but I get the feeling we have different definitions of friendly.

I play modern warfare and talk ****, I play basketball and I will play physical but will are all still friends. I suspect you just have time with feedback and get superdefensive. You are the one that is treating comments as a personal attacks when in fact none exist.

Just take it easy okay? Like you said this is just a friendly contest among peers. No need to get so wound up.

As for what Errant said, flat and uninspired are the same to me and guess what? I'm not offended. I appreciate the feedback and am grateful for what support I do get. The point isn't Errant's content or postition, but my reaction to it as opposed to yours.

Edge
2010-06-22, 04:17 AM
Midnight Occultist, far and away.

ErrantX
2010-06-22, 11:56 AM
Votes are tallied with the Midnight Occultist in a commanding lead! Keep em coming! You have until midnight tomorrow night!

And DW, I think you'll be skinned by the forums if those vestiges don't get finished :D

-X

DragoonWraith
2010-06-22, 11:59 AM
Heh, don't worry. I want to take a level in the class soon, but I don't think my DM'll be too hot on that if it's not done, heh!

mrcarter11
2010-06-22, 12:35 PM
Yay! The class shall be finished. I was kinda worried that it wouldn't get done..

ErrantX
2010-06-23, 10:57 AM
13 more hours for voting, contest ends tonight at Midnight (Central Time USA). Get in any last minute votes! New contest starts either tonight or tomorrow depending on when I get a free minute :D

-X

ErrantX
2010-06-23, 11:38 PM
Alright, time to announce a winner.

The winner, as I'm sure some had seen by now, is DragoonWraith and his Midnight Occultist!

A terrific class DW, truly. I really found that class quite enjoyable and incredibly versatile, potent, yet not horribly unbalanced. It is rich with flavor and uses two systems that, while not core, are also incredibly popular and fun. Good work!

-X

DragoonWraith
2010-06-24, 12:10 AM
Thank you to everyone who participated in this contest; I really enjoyed all of the classes, and hope to see them with their own threads! And of course, thank you to everyone who voted for me, I am truly appreciative.

The Tygre
2010-06-24, 12:55 AM
So I think we have to ask ourselves a very important question:

Midnight Occultist: Best Prestige Class in this contest, or best Prestige Class EVER?

DragoonWraith
2010-06-24, 01:00 AM
Oh, certainly not. The Seiškona of the Iron Bands (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7310889&postcount=5) immediately comes to mind as a better one, and it's not alone.

Lord_Gareth
2010-06-24, 01:45 AM

Midnight Occultist: Best Prestige Class in this contest, or best Prestige Class EVER?

*coughchildrenofthemausoleumcough* Sorry, got a bad cold. *coughnightsingercough*

I really am a little bitter >.> We'll see what the next contest brings me, though ^_^ I SHALL FIGHT ON!

Samb
2010-06-24, 02:12 PM

LOL at Colbert report reference.