PDA

View Full Version : (3.5 monster) Swampdeath Otyugh (comments please)!!!

Chainsaw Hobbit
2010-06-12, 01:47 PM
The next in my 3.5 "Undead Aberrations" series I present:

Shambling towards you is an undead creature resembling an Otyugh, it has rotting flesh hanging from it's yellow bones and glistens with slime. It holds it's worm-ridden tentacles ready to lash out.

Stats:
Swampdeath Otyugh CR 10
Always Neutral Evil Huge Undead
Init +5

AC 19 FF 19 Touch 9
(-2 size, +1 Dex , +10 natural)
HD 18
HP 117 (18d12+0)
Fort +8 Ref +9 Will +13

Speed 4 squares (20 feet)
Base Atk +9 Grp +23
Attack Tentacle +15 2d8 + 6 + filth fever
bite +10 2d6 + 3 + Filth Fever

Space 3 squares (huge, 15 feet) Reach 2 squares (10 feet)
Abilities Str 23(+6) Dex 12(+1) Con -- Int -- Wis 10(+0) Cha 1(-5)
Total Feats 7
Feats Improved Initiative
Gear --
Total Cost of Gear 0gp

Undead Traits (EX)

Corruption Stench (SU)
Living creatures without stench within 3 (15 feet) squares take a -2 penalty to attack rolls and saving throws, They also only regain half HP from healing.

Immunity to Cold(Ex)
Swampdeath Otyughs are not affected by cold.

Damage Reduction(Ex)
10/Bludgeoning - Swampdeath Otyughs lack flesh or internal organs.

Tactics:
The Swampdeath Otyugh makes full use of it's Corruption Stench ability and tries to stay in the thick of combat, it will fight to the death.

Info:
Swampdeath Otyughs are skeletal undead created by a gnoll necromancer to serve as warbeasts and cheap labor, they are now still encountered with gnolls but sometimes arise spontaneously where evil planes touch the world.

Lore:
Knolage (Nature or arcana) 17 A Swampdeath Otyugh is the skeletal undead of an Otyugh, it has supernatural stench and can spread sickness with it's rotting tentacles.
Knolage (Nature or arcana) 22 The stench of a Swampdeath Otyugh dulls the effect of healing powers.

LOTRfan
2010-06-13, 09:16 PM
This one has to be my favorite one so far. If I may ask, how exactly are you creating these? Are you just changing type and giving them more powers, or are you applying templates and refluffing them?

Debihuman
2010-06-14, 05:04 PM
Mindless creatures don't get skills or feats. Also, why are you using spoilers for monsters? Homebrewed monsters don't need to be in spoilers--not for the statblocks, the combat section or the lore section. I only put the corrections in spoilers so as not to detract from the initial monster.

How many tentacles does a swampdeath Otyugh have? Usually they have 2 but you didn't say.

Huge creatures have a -2 Size penalty to attack. Tentacle is +13 melee (not +15) and Bite is +8 (not +10).

Living creatures without stench within 3 (15 feet) squares take a -2 penalty to attack rolls and saving throws, They also only regain half HP from healing. Does this include magical healing?

Debby