PDA

View Full Version : Looking to make the "Hulk"

Korivan
2010-06-12, 03:47 PM
First off, this isnt really the Hulk, and overpowering isnt a problem.

I'm thinking Gestalt Goliath, with Barbarian/????, things like leap attack, prc into Frenzied Beserker, and as many roll with its as possible.

As for equipment, stuff for strength, dex, con, ac, boots of haste, and to Enlarge person on me.

Mainly, if anyone can help me with ac, regeneration/fast healing/immunities so on, i would appreciate it.

Volthawk
2010-06-12, 03:52 PM
War Hulk for starters. Maybe Half-Troll?

Protecar
2010-06-12, 04:01 PM
I remember reading about another Prc or something that had a sort of frenzy ability that increased your size category to large--and War hulk's abilities are only in effect when you're large: if whoever originally posted that suggestion shows up maybe they can tell you how that works(I know this is vague, I can just remember the suggestion coming up in another thread). That would pretty much make you the hulk. :smallbiggrin:

Mongoose87
2010-06-12, 04:08 PM
I remember reading about another Prc or something that had a sort of frenzy ability that increased your size category to large--and War hulk's abilities are only in effect when you're large: if whoever originally posted that suggestion shows up maybe they can tell you how that works(I know this is vague, I can just remember the suggestion coming up in another thread). That would pretty much make you the hulk. :smallbiggrin:

The racial substitution level Goliath Barbarian makes you large, when ragining, allowing you to qualify for War Hulk only when enraged. So, when you go into a rage, you become supremely strong and melee-dangerous. Otherwise, you're pretty normal. Like the Hulk.

Protecar
2010-06-12, 04:11 PM
Ah okay. Thanks Mongoose, I wasn't sure how that worked. Fun idea. I approve this build. And second the idea to be a half-troll or a troll-something. Away from books but they come with regen/fast healing + some immunities correct?

For Valor
2010-06-12, 04:14 PM
Mongoose87's got it down. However, if you really want to, you can run with the Giant from "Arcana Evolved" (by Monte Cook) and take three levels of the giant paragon class to get a permanent size increase to qualify for War Hulk.

Alternatly, you can use The Book of Iron Might (3rd party material) and become a Large Ironborn. You get +2 to any stat, -2 to any stat, an additional -2 to strength, and then you can pick a racial characteristic that gives you some ridiculous NatArmor boost.

Either way, you want to go for War Hulk. Goliath probably isn't the best idea if you want a functional character, since the class levels you pick up for War Hulk will only apply when you're raging, which means you need to rage in order to be competent. You'd a little screwed, especially once you take a lot of levels of War Hulk.

balistafreak
2010-06-12, 04:20 PM
First off, this isnt really the Hulk, and overpowering isnt a problem.

In b4 Hulking Hurler. (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19873078/Hulking_Hurler_build)

Nothing says love like throwing the planet you're on... for massive damage.

Critical
2010-06-12, 04:20 PM
HULKing Hurler, perhaps? :smallbiggrin:

EDIT: Swordsage'd.

Mongoose87
2010-06-12, 04:48 PM
Either way, you want to go for War Hulk. Goliath probably isn't the best idea if you want a functional character, since the class levels you pick up for War Hulk will only apply when you're raging, which means you need to rage in order to be competent. You'd a little screwed, especially once you take a lot of levels of War Hulk.

The point of the Hulk, though, is that he's only super strong when he's mad. It might be weaker, but it's very flavorful.

Korivan
2010-06-12, 04:59 PM
The point of the Hulk, though, is that he's only super strong when he's mad. It might be weaker, but it's very flavorful.

And thats exactly what i want. Also, what book is war halk in?

Eldariel
2010-06-12, 05:25 PM
And thats exactly what i want. Also, what book is war halk in?

Miniatures Handbook or the internet (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/iw/20030914a). And yeah, you can actually go non-Goliath; I really love Water Orc, Human or even Strongheart Halfling base with Stoneblessed: Goliath over the first levels, picking up Barbarian with the Goliath-sub and then heading into Frenzied for 1 level, 10 levels of War Hulk and 3 of Hulking Hurler (c'mon, that's precisely what Hulk does; toss things at people).

The Vorpal Tribble
2010-06-12, 05:29 PM
Half-Troll makes more sense than Goliath I think, especially for regeneration.

Korivan
2010-06-12, 05:40 PM
Im kinda going for more of a puncher. Or a jumper. Jump Attack with FB's upgrades to power attack, then punch away. I know a two handed weapon would be better to take advantage of my STR, but I'm not going for the best possible Hulk, just the ugliest, meanest, rampaging monkey I can.

Mongoose87
2010-06-12, 05:49 PM
Im kinda going for more of a puncher. Or a jumper. Jump Attack with FB's upgrades to power attack, then punch away. I know a two handed weapon would be better to take advantage of my STR, but I'm not going for the best possible Hulk, just the ugliest, meanest, rampaging monkey I can.

For extra lulz, take Bear Warrior in there, so you can be ugly, mean and hairy.

TheCountAlucard
2010-06-13, 07:27 PM
Im kinda going for more of a puncher. Or a jumper. Jump Attack with FB's upgrades to power attack, then punch away. I know a two handed weapon would be better to take advantage of my STR, but I'm not going for the best possible Hulk, just the ugliest, meanest, rampaging monkey I can.Go Infernal Monster Style. One Hand Fury, Crack the Sky, maybe a couple of Adorjan Charms to help out with the speed.

(Yes, I know, OP's referring to a 3.5 game. :smalltongue:)

Dr.Epic
2010-06-13, 07:41 PM

What book is that in? and which book is War Hulk in?

HULKing Hurler, perhaps? :smallbiggrin:

Or an umber HULK.

paddyfool
2010-06-13, 08:22 PM
Improved Toughness + Pain Mastery would fit (hard to kill, and the more you hit him, the stronger he gets).