PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Please help me come up with some unique/fun dice for games!

Pika...
2010-06-12, 05:40 PM
So yesterday I stop by a local store, and see these opaque green, blue, red, and white six-siders I have been curious about. Since I already blew my budget that day I decided to just go even further and buy ten of each.

So later that day I had a situation where a player's large-sized character intimidated a pack of Goblins with guns and beat their rolls by over 10+ (turned out to be 20ish late on after recounting...). So in honor of this, and my love of Chaos and unpredictability, I took one of the green die and a black fine point sharpie. The die's sides became as follows:
1. Runs
2. Surrenders
3. Craps pants and faints
4. Defects
5. Stunned 1d4 Rounds
6. Hides

Today while cleaning/organizing after the game at my home I got spontaneous inspirations for a few more (explained below):

Death's Current Alignment Die (Note: He is the perfect example/embodiment of TN in my cosmology. Even better than IO.):
1. A Skull drawn on with "(TN)" under it (Basically DM's choice/fun :P)
2. Law
3. Chaos
4. Good
5. Evil
6. Hello Kitty's Face Drawn on (See *here* (http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f173/celestialkin/IMG_1948-1.jpg) for more info.)

DM does not feel like deciding die:
1. Roll again
2. No
3. Yes
4. Heck No
5. Yes
6. Maybe. Roll again.

I then put them each, along with a notepad page labeling what they were for, in some of my mini craft/collectibles/organizing zip-lock bags and started organizing them in a white cards box.

Anyone have any ideas for other fun/useful/whatever die?

Have any of you used these die before? If so, for what?

PId6
2010-06-12, 06:06 PM
In a low level game I played last year, we had a barbarian in the party. Since we also had a bard who loved rolling Bardic Knowledges, our barbarian started rolling "Barbarian Knowledge" on everything. This is how our DM handled it:

1. Rape
2. Pillage
3. Kill
4. Worship (he was going to multiclass to cleric)
5. Hug (usually means grapple)
6. DM's choice

Jair Barik
2010-06-12, 06:18 PM
And now I am scared about what will happen in your game PId6.
The best DM dice game to play is to loudly roll dice behind the DM screen and then make noises such as 'uh oh', 'ouch' or 'oooohhhh' even though nothing is actually happening. Also passing players notes with messages such as 'do not tell the others what is written on this note' can be good fun. Especially in infamously evil dungeons.

Jokasti
2010-06-12, 06:27 PM
When I do it, I roll 1d100 every meeting for each character. 42 means they die of a heart attack/spontaneously combust.

AstralFire
2010-06-12, 06:29 PM
When I do it, I roll 1d100 every meeting for each character. 42 means they die of a heart attack/spontaneously combust.

So what you're saying is, the meaning of life is death.

PId6
2010-06-12, 06:56 PM
And now I am scared about what will happen in your game PId6.
Muahahahahahahaha!!!!!1!one

Pika...
2010-06-12, 07:29 PM
OK, I have just made one with all my player's names to randomize on their characters if necessary... or to decide who gets the DM a soda...

Muahahahahahahaha!!!!!1!one

You do know the BBEG laugh kinda gives you away...

So what you're saying is, the meaning of life is death.

LoL