PDA

View Full Version : What would your netnavi be?

GoblinGilmartin
2010-06-12, 07:01 PM
In the Megaman Battle Network series, everybody and their mom has a personalized, custom Netnavi that do things for them.

If you could create your own custom Navi, what would it look like and what would its special moves be?

I'll start:
My Netnavi would be called Graffitiman. He would be decked out mostly in black, and his head would resemble a pink jawbreaker.
His special move would be called Tag, and he would shoot varying colors of paint for different element damage.

Now its your turn!

Lifeson
2010-06-12, 07:09 PM
See my avatar? Rin would be a badass netnavi. Starting with pulling out data from the rest of the internet to use as ammo. :smalltongue:

GoblinGilmartin
2010-06-12, 07:16 PM
sounds neat! seems really powerful.

Dragero
2010-06-12, 07:38 PM
Mine would be pi.

If something goes wrong, I wrap myself in it`s neverending tail.

FoE
2010-06-12, 07:41 PM
Is Gutsman already taken?

GoblinGilmartin
2010-06-12, 07:44 PM
for the sake of argument, it should be an original creation, prefferably ending in "man" or have a name of only one syllable.

kamikasei
2010-06-12, 07:45 PM
Ibuki (http://touhou.wikia.com/wiki/Suika_Ibuki) Suika (http://danbooru.donmai.us/data/51980f3c149f2a80223d13b79b637b15.jpg). Tiny, powerful, adorable. (Reload the second link if it doesn't work straight off.)

Ravens_cry
2010-06-12, 08:15 PM
I am going to be a total rip off and have Shadowchild (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digger_%28webcomic%29) as my netnavi.
It's special move?
It eats your shadow.

chiasaur11
2010-06-12, 09:00 PM
Is Gutsman already taken?

Dang. There goes my choice.

druid91
2010-06-12, 09:10 PM
Daaka, streamlined looking grey and its attack would be to shoot and not stop shooting filling the air with fire.

Xondoure
2010-06-13, 01:36 AM
Dragonman. Fiery breath attacks, mythically powerful armor/scales, wings, and the ability to hack other Navi's minds with his piercing gaze,

Dispozition
2010-06-13, 06:05 AM
See my avatar? Rin would be a badass netnavi. Starting with pulling out data from the rest of the internet to use as ammo. :smalltongue:

I see your grade S Zettai Ryoukai and raise you a grade S magical girl Loli!

Failing Ilya, probably Rena from Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni. Yeah, she's the best. Excells in cleaver combat too!

GoblinGilmartin
2010-06-13, 11:15 AM
Guys, i didnt mean "which of your favorite character would you like to see as a navi, i meant an ORIGINAL idea, dragonman is cool though.

Lifeson
2010-06-13, 01:30 PM
Or, you know, a netnavi "created in the image of". I'd keep Rin's image and artillery-style of fighting with a dash of Kung-Fu wizard for her to stay alive. And the Zettai Ryoukai is mandatory. Distract opponents with the sexy before melting their face. :P

Slightly off-topic:

I see your grade S Zettai Ryoukai and raise you a grade S magical girl Loli!

Throw in Arcueid and we have our own Nasuverse Magical Girl teamNet-navi magical girl squad! Enough raw power to match the Nanoha series, methinks. :smallcool: I'd watch it.

Revanmal
2010-06-13, 02:26 PM
Hasturman. Main form of attack is to trick people into saying his name, causing them to instantly be destroyed.

http://www.unboundbook.org/wiki/images/d/de/KingInYellow.jpg

GoblinGilmartin
2010-06-13, 02:29 PM
Yay! .

The Glyphstone
2010-06-13, 06:44 PM
Hasturman. Main form of attack is to trick people into saying his name, causing them to instantly be destroyed.

Hasturman? Why would saying Hasturman destroy people? Wouldn't you need to say it three times?Hasturman

chiasaur11
2010-06-13, 06:49 PM
Hasturman? Why would saying Hasturman destroy people? Wouldn't you need to say it three times?Hasturman

Or with a "come forth" at the end?

Aidan305
2010-06-13, 07:07 PM

If the forums go down tomorrow I'm blaming you.

I had also intended dragonman with much the same abilities.

Optimystik
2010-06-13, 07:58 PM
Guys, i didnt mean "which of your favorite character would you like to see as a navi, i meant an ORIGINAL idea, dragonman is cool though.

If you could only pick one character to be your navi, why wouldn't it be your favorite? :smallconfused:

Cobalt
2010-06-13, 08:31 PM
If you could only pick one character to be your navi, why wouldn't it be your favorite? :smallconfused:

Because Mary Sues are always fun.

As for mine:
Jupiterman. He'd be my ultimate mary sue guardian angel, and his appearance would be of such unspeakable horror, legends would arise as to whether or not he truly exists. His special attack would contain such unimaginable power, that all those who even see it underway will go mad from the revelation of its brilliance. It would have no name. But it would blow. Your. Mind.

Eloi
2010-06-13, 08:45 PM
Awfulman. A cute, squishy and fluffy puff ball with big adorable blue eyes that sucks at doing anything but invoking squeals of 'Aww'.

Geno9999
2010-06-13, 08:46 PM
Original characters right? So I assume that shamelessly ripping off a Classic Mega Man Character (aka, Mega Man 9/10 Robot Masters, Mega Man Killers (except Punk as he already has a navi counter part)) that didn't get turned into a navi is still out right?:smalltongue: (BTW, I want Splash Woman)

Fine then, my navi would be Hack/StabMan.exe (Hack Slash Stab Man)

He has access to all known sword-type and related chips, such as the Elemental Swords, Shurikens, or Cutman's Rolling cutter. His appears to have the standard body size/stature (aka, roughly the same size as Mega Man), with a Brown Upper body armor, with a darker brown "X" that extends out from his Navi Symbol all to his back. He has reflective gray gloves and boots. His head is (almost) completely spherical, with a visor similar to Knightman.exe's, and is a similar texture to his gloves and boots, except for a red diamond across one of his eyes. He usually has two swords on his back, but sometimes he's seen with other bladed weapons for easy access.
His Navi Symbol is three swords crossed on a black background.

Other Info: Element is obviously Sword type. If he were to be in a MMBN game, his ability would pull out two random chips from the folder that are Sword Element. Hack/StabMan was built for destroying viruses quickly, so he lacks defensive programs such as Recover chips (to make room for all those sword chips and area steals) or shields, so he is prone to being classified as a "Glass Cannon (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/GlassCannon)". As such, he uses his high maneuverability to dodge attacks until he can get close or use throw able blades.

@Hasturman idea, why that? Wouldn't Candle Jack (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CandleJack) be mo

Mando Knight
2010-06-13, 09:58 PM
My navi would be RockMan.exe, a totally customizable, super-versatile character who destroys enemies with their buddies' weapons. Best special ability is sufficiently strong AI to control "glitchy" programs and merge with them for super-special-awesome powers.

...Oh, wait. :smalltongue:

GoblinGilmartin
2010-06-14, 09:20 AM
Awfulman. A cute, squishy and fluffy puff ball with big adorable blue eyes that sucks at doing anything but invoking squeals of 'Aww'.

so it would cute you to death? AWESOME!!!

GoblinGilmartin
2010-06-14, 09:21 AM
My navi would be RockMan.exe, a totally customizable, super-versatile character who destroys enemies with their buddies' weapons. Best special ability is sufficiently strong AI to control "glitchy" programs and merge with them for super-special-awesome powers.

...Oh, wait. :smalltongue:

dude... uncool...

Xondoure
2010-06-19, 02:56 PM
Did I mention that Dragonman has the power to try and kickstart falling threads?

doliest
2010-06-19, 03:03 PM
I would have Candlejackman who has t-

GoblinGilmartin
2010-06-19, 03:18 PM
Did I mention that Dragonman has the power to try and kickstart falling threads?

Yay! I haven't been here for a bit since no one has posted much, but that shal change.

Lets kick off the festivities by asking "Who would win? Geno999's Stabman, or Xondoure's Dragonman?

and no, the creators can't vote

Dusk Eclipse
2010-06-19, 06:35 PM
I root for stabman cause I love sword-related stuff.

As for my own netnavi... probly some sort of beast-esque navi, using claw attacks and a really acrobatic martial art for combat.

I envision him as a standard height, with a black and dark grey color shecheme,a phanter-like helmet, weapons... probably clawed gauntlets, clawed boots hidden blades that spring from elbow and knees and a bladed tail.

Special attack would be maybe a kind of somersault in which he slashes with all his weapons.

Pantherman.exe is his name....

crap now I want an avatar of him

GoblinGilmartin
2010-06-19, 07:12 PM

As for my own netnavi... probly some sort of beast-esque navi, using claw attacks and a really acrobatic martial art for combat.

I envision him as a standard height, with a black and dark grey color shecheme,a phanter-like helmet, weapons... probably clawed gauntlets, clawed boots hidden blades that spring from elbow and knees and a bladed tail.

Special attack would be maybe a kind of somersault in which he slashes with all his weapons.

That sounds BAD ASS!!!

Ravens_cry
2010-06-19, 08:47 PM

Just don't download the wrong installer and get Pumaman. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXsu0ueiB9k)

Dusk Eclipse
2010-06-19, 08:53 PM
Just don't download the wrong installer and get Pumaman. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXsu0ueiB9k)

GoblinGilmartin
2010-06-19, 10:28 PM
or pandaman

The_Admiral
2010-06-20, 07:20 AM
My Netnavi would be Gear
his buster would be a gear that could be used as a melee or ranged weapon

GoblinGilmartin
2010-06-20, 11:53 AM
a bit like metalman, but it sounds buff!

Xondoure
2010-06-20, 08:13 PM
Time for some elaboration!
(been years since I played the games so going off of memory here. Bear with me if there are any inconsistencies.)

Buster for dragon man is pretty clearly dragon breath. Sword type chips would turn into claws. Armor translates into high health and resistance to fire chips. Unique3 chips allow him to "fly" allowing him to easily doge incoming attacks, and dominate the nemy with his mind: stunning them or turning them against their allies depending on how much weaker the enemy is. Special transforms him into a dragon making him larger, but with devastating fire and claw attacks. Defeating him would earn you the dragon chip, letting you summon him as a dragon to sweep the map with fiery death.

Edit:
Outfit! Dark green as a primary color with gold and black as secondary colors. Black visor would cover the eyes, as well as having two gold fangs protruding from the visor. The rest of the helmet would be Dark green with two horns protruding from the top. Wings stylized and pure gold are folded on his back most of the time. When fully extended, they are about three times the size of the actual Navi. Gauntleted arms with black claws. In general, a feeling of knights armor/scales covers his outer body, without overextending the slimmer physique.

SilveryCord
2010-06-20, 08:14 PM
Gagaman. He'd seek out youtube videos and news clips about Lady Gaga from the darkest corner of the undernet, and then return them to me, all while dressed in avant garde and conceptual geometric shape outfits.

chiasaur11
2010-06-20, 09:17 PM
Particle man.

Particle man.

What he's like? Not important.

Particle man.

doliest
2010-06-21, 12:19 AM
To elaborate, now that I've escaped the holding cell, Candlejackman would be able to make opponent's disappear by tricking them int-
Ha, tricked him with a dummy, anyway he'd get them to sa-

Revlid
2010-06-21, 02:23 PM
Batman
Mirrorman. Using reflected illusory data and mirrored-code duplicates, he sends his foes into confusion and eventual destruction without ever appearing on the battlefield himself.

Ravens_cry
2010-06-21, 02:51 PM
Particle man.

Particle man.

What he's like? Not important.

Particle man.
Is he a dot or is he a speck?

When he's underwater does he get wet?

Or does the water get him instead?

Nobody knows,

Particle man. (http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoID=1729411129)

Xefas
2010-06-21, 04:50 PM
I think the form my Navi would take would depend entirely on whether their appearance was regulated by the corporation (SciLab?) that makes them.

If there was no regulation, then Dongman, appearing as a perfect facsimile of male genitalia.

If there was some kind of regulation, then Dongman, painstakingly crafted to appear as, despite every measure put in place to prevent just this sort of thing, what is as close to possible within the regulations to be male genitalia.

Why? Because the internet doesn't have enough phallic images yet, and wherever there is some means to create user-crafted content, we must all do our part to fill the gap.

SpiderMew
2010-06-22, 10:00 AM
Mine would be a Netnavi version of Sniper Joe.

Unbreakable shield but only when standing still, only block the front.
Doing anything else drops shield
Cool monoeye head and green/gold/black colors with a red eye.

GoblinGilmartin
2010-06-22, 10:48 AM
If there was no regulation, then Dongman, appearing as a perfect facsimile of male genitalia.

If there was some kind of regulation, then Dongman, painstakingly crafted to appear as, despite every measure put in place to prevent just this sort of thing, what is as close to possible within the regulations to be male genitalia.

Dude...nice...

GoblinGilmartin
2010-06-29, 11:35 PM
Mine would be a Netnavi version of Sniper Joe.

Unbreakable shield but only when standing still, only block the front.
Doing anything else drops shield
Cool monoeye head and green/gold/black colors with a red eye.

sniper joe, in the original storyline, was actually a mass produced, generic version of protoman made by doctor wily

Otogi
2010-06-30, 01:22 AM
Isn't it obvious? I'd Milkman!

chiasaur11
2010-06-30, 01:35 AM
Isn't it obvious? I'd Milkman!

I am the Milkman. My milk is delicious.

SpiderMew
2010-06-30, 08:08 AM
sniper joe, in the original storyline, was actually a mass produced, generic version of protoman made by doctor wily

I know. But i woudnt want to be a generic version of the net navi protoman.

GoblinGilmartin
2010-06-30, 09:59 AM
I know. But i woudnt want to be a generic version of the net navi protoman.

yeah, I get you, i understand, but, what you are saying is that you want to melt snow, and then re-freeze it, to get something entirely different. I can picture in my head what it would look like, good idea:elan:

Prince Zahn
2010-07-01, 09:38 AM
Mine would be named Grom-geg

He is mainly similar to most brute netnavi's, only he's primitive and can steal attacks from a certain element which is randomized and fire them back(includes time-stopper moves)
Also, he has a giant sword to attack with 2-panel range, and can summon out clubs that smash your panels,
atleast, that's what he keeps telling me.

GoblinGilmartin
2010-07-01, 11:28 AM
Mine would be named Grom-geg

He is mainly similar to most brute netnavi's, only he's primitive and can steal attacks from a certain element which is randomized and fire them back(includes time-stopper moves)
Also, he has a giant sword to attack with 2-panel range, and can summon out clubs that smash your panels,
atleast, that's what he keeps telling me.

not bad:elan:

EDIT: I command you to rise! Any newcomers have NetNavi ideas they'd like to share?