PDA

View Full Version : Possibly Humorous Idea for a NPC

Aeromyre
2010-06-13, 07:11 AM
I just thought of an idea for a character i may slip into my campaign.
A bard named Murphy (as in Murphy's law) where if he plays his bardic performance it has negative effects instead of positive ones.
I have 3 questions
1:Should he be lawful, because no matter what happens everything obeys the law and goes wrong, chaotic, because his inconvenience of everything going bad is unpredictable, or true neutral because the two sides of the coin don't make him lawful or chaotic but completely indifferent to the consequences of his presence?
2: Would you catch on simply by hearing Murphy the bard as a player?
3: As a player when you figured out the mystery would you find it humorous?

SoD
2010-06-13, 10:39 AM
A bard named Murphy (as in Murphy's law) where if he plays his bardic performance it has negative effects instead of positive ones.
I have 3 questions
1:Should he be lawful, because no matter what happens everything obeys the law and goes wrong, chaotic, because his inconvenience of everything going bad is unpredictable, or true neutral because the two sides of the coin don't make him lawful or chaotic but completely indifferent to the consequences of his presence?

1-Bards can't be lawful.
2-No, but might make a Murphey's Law joke, and not realise it's more than a coincidence.
3-???
4-Profit.

NMBLNG
2010-06-13, 10:42 AM
I have 3 questions

1: Chaotic. Bards generally need to be non-lawful, and Murphy's Law is one of the greatest principles of chaos.

2: Might be suspicious. But suspicions will comfirmed once he starts singing. So be prepared in case your players tie him to a tree and leave him for rabid dire wolves.

3: I would find it funny for a little bit. But tying him up to a tree and using prestidigitation to make him smell like doggie kibble would be even funnier.

Aeromyre
2010-06-13, 10:45 AM
1: Chaotic. Bards generally need to be non-lawful, and Murphy's Law is one of the greatest principles of chaos.

2: Might be suspicious. But suspicions will comfirmed once he starts singing. So be prepared in case your players tie him to a tree and leave him for rabid dire wolves.

3: I would find it funny for a little bit. But tying him up to a tree and using prestidigitation to make him smell like doggie kibble would be even funnier.

Lmao yeah i think i will do that

And *Facepalm* for forgetting bards are nonlawful