PDA

View Full Version : Question on Ulric's Fury (WFRP 2nd Edition)

GroovyTaxi
2010-06-13, 07:16 AM
In the paragraph explaining what Ulric's Fury is, the term "the player" and "the character" is always used. I'm used to D&D, with players being stronger than most NPCs and receiving bonuses that only they receive, so I was wondering if players were the only ones who could unleash Ulric's Fury. Is it game breaking to let NPCs and monsters unleach Ulric's Fury? Do most GMs allow anyone to unleash Ulric's Fury?

Morty
2010-06-13, 07:36 AM
The players are most definetly not the only ones who can unleash Ulric's Fury. If they were, it'd go against the spirit of WFRP, which is supposed to be deadly and most definetly not supposed to coddle the PCs as D&D does.

Aeromyre
2010-06-13, 07:37 AM
In the paragraph explaining what Ulric's Fury is, the term "the player" and "the character" is always used. I'm used to D&D, with players being stronger than most NPCs and receiving bonuses that only they receive, so I was wondering if players were the only ones who could unleash Ulric's Fury. Is it game breaking to let NPCs and monsters unleach Ulric's Fury? Do most GMs allow anyone to unleash Ulric's Fury?

No not at all, if you feel that it could offer an exciting challenge to your players then you shouldn't hesitate.

but i've never played 2ed and don't know that rule

GroovyTaxi
2010-06-13, 07:02 PM
Thanks for your answers!

comicshorse
2010-06-13, 07:05 PM
Yup everyone gets Ulric's Fury and I've never heard of a Warhammer G.M. not allowing N.P.C.s and monsters to use it. I mean anybody would think you're trying to be nice to the players