PDA

View Full Version : Move-action teleport spells

true_shinken
2010-06-13, 10:14 AM
Are there no arcane move-action teleport spells?
The best I could find is Knight's Move, but it's divine and needs to move for a flanking position.
Does psionics get all the teleport love?
I'm trying to do a Sun School build here; using Warlock 6 for the at-will standard teleport, but I need at least a reliable move-action teleport for the thing to have any meaning. Also, this is an NPC bounty hunter that will attack my level 9 party.
Thanks a lot for any help in advance ^^

Greenish
2010-06-13, 10:21 AM
Two levels of Totemist, I seem to recall, gives can get you a move action teleport.

true_shinken
2010-06-13, 10:24 AM
Two levels of Totemist, I seem to recall, gives can get you a move action teleport.

That's not really an arcane spell but thanks nonetheless. Binding blink shirt to totem chakra, I believe?

Lord Vukodlak
2010-06-13, 10:26 AM
Complete Mage has dimension jumper, (5th level)
Once per round for the duration of the spell (1/round a level).
You can teleport yourself up to 30ft. It requires line of sight.

Greenish
2010-06-13, 10:35 AM
That's not really an arcane spell but thanks nonetheless.It saves you levels you can use to get arcane spells, instead of going for warlock.

Binding blink shirt to totem chakra, I believe?Yeah.

Prime32
2010-06-13, 10:35 AM
Complete Mage has dimension jumper, (5th level)
Once per round for the duration of the spell (1/round a level).
You can teleport yourself up to 30ft. It requires line of sight.Psionics has a similar power called inconstant location.

The Shadow Hand discipline has some manouvers which let you teleport, in standard-, move- and swift-action versions. A single level in a ToB class would let you pick one up, depending on what level you dip at (you could also learn one with the Martial Study feat, but you wouldn't be able to use it reliably).

Captain Six
2010-06-13, 10:41 AM
For Ardents there is the 1st level power from the Freedom Mantle has a very short teleport as a swift action.

deuxhero
2010-06-13, 10:53 AM
Quicken SLA?

Greenish
2010-06-13, 10:53 AM
A single level in a ToB class would let you pick one upFor Move action teleporting, you'd need IL 9, ie. 16 levels of non-initiator classes and then a swordsage dip. That comes rather late, and the swordsage method of refreshing maneuvers being what it is, you won't often be using it more than once per battle.

true_shinken
2010-06-13, 11:00 AM
It saves you levels you can use to get arcane spells, instead of going for warlock.
Yeah.

Oh, I see. I want flee the scene anyway - the illusion effect is very useful when dealing with players.

For Ardents there is the 1st level power from the Freedom Mantle has a very short teleport as a swift action.
Yeah, I was trying to avoid Ardent but I simply had to use it in the end. Dimension Hop, Augmented Dimension Slide and Flee the Scene - that's three teleports per round, getting 2 attacks out of each with Sun School + Snap Kick. Thanks a lot.

bartman
2010-06-13, 11:28 AM
arcane spell? im surprised no one has said Quicken metamagic tied to Dimension Door...

Swift action, arcane spell... anything else?

Gnaritas
2010-06-13, 11:32 AM
If i remember correctly Greater Dimension Door from Spell Compendium let's you cast a Dimension Door with restricted range as a move action for 1 round per level or so.

An excellent spell to persist to, not overpowered but fun.

Ernir
2010-06-13, 11:34 AM
Dimension Jumper, from Complete Mage. Swift action to cast initially, allows you to teleport 30' as a move action for 1 round/level thereafter.

Grumman
2010-06-13, 11:47 AM
arcane spell? im surprised no one has said Quicken metamagic tied to Dimension Door...

That's a swift action, though, not a move action.

Anyway, the best way for an arcanist to use swift actions for Sun school / Shadow Pounce abuse isnt' Quickened Dimension Door (a level 8 spell slot that removes your ability to act), it's Stand. A level 1 spell that lets you teleport to your feet as an immediate action. AKA schmuck bait. :smallbiggrin:

Hague
2010-06-13, 11:47 AM
Psionics users can use Psionic Dimension Door as a move action by spending an additional 6 points. However, you'd need to be a 13th level manifester to do so. However, the 400+ ft range it has should serve your purposes nicely, unless PCs are smart enough to Dimensional Anchor. The power Psionic Dimensional Slide has a shorter range but can be manifested as a move action with extra points too.

Lord Vukodlak
2010-06-13, 12:29 PM
Dimension Jumper, from Complete Mage. Swift action to cast initially, allows you to teleport 30' as a move action for 1 round/level thereafter.

You are the second person to suggest that.

Psionics users can use Psionic Dimension Door as a move action by spending an additional 6 points. However, you'd need to be a 13th level manifester to do so. However, the 400+ ft range it has should serve your purposes nicely, unless PCs are smart enough to Dimensional Anchor. The power Psionic Dimensional Slide has a shorter range but can be manifested as a move action with extra points too.

You can't act for the remainder of the round after casting dimension door.

After using this spell, you can’t take any other actions until your next turn

KillianHawkeye
2010-06-13, 12:48 PM
You can't act for the remainder of the round after casting dimension door.

Yeah, but the OP is the DM, and that's a dumb rule. Get rid of it, I say! :smallwink:

Lord Vukodlak
2010-06-13, 12:55 PM
I designed a monster called the Astral Shredder that has a swift action teleport 1/round. Though it would no doubt TPK a level 9 party.

2xMachina
2010-06-13, 01:02 PM
You can act, then Dim door though.