PDA

View Full Version : Beer-goggles and other phenomena

cheezewizz2000
2010-06-13, 12:32 PM
Ok guys, I have an odd request. I'm starting a game shortly, and my players have requested a little something that makes them a little bit different. The barbarian is an alcoholic so what I have decided is that when he goes into his rage, he gets a little minor extra bonus/penalty based on the phenomena experienced by drunk people who are one-over-the-eight.

Example: Beer-coat - The invisible jacket that allows a drunk person to stay warm, despite it snowing and him wearing only a t-shirt.

As an in-game effect, this would grant endure elements, as the spell.

So I need a few more of these (beer-taxi and beer-mugger spring instantly to mind - the magical vehicle that gets you home despite you not remembering leaving the bar, and the person that clearly stole all your money as you left home with £40 and now have none of it, respectively), and more-importantly I need what minor effects these would have.

There is only a 10% chance of any of these things happening when he goes into a rage and they will be chosen at random. Once he sobers up for good, I'll give him the list and allow him to chose which effect occurs. While he's an alchoholic, I'll have control over it and chose randomly.

Thanks guys.

Amphetryon
2010-06-13, 12:36 PM
Confer with the Drunken Master PrC and the Races of Stone supplement for effects of drinking contests.

The Glyphstone
2010-06-13, 12:37 PM
The Drunken Master might be good for inspiration, some of its class features could be useful. I.e., Drunken Stagger, letting you make one turn of up to 90 degrees during a charge.

EDIT: Drunken swordsage'd.

mabriss lethe
2010-06-13, 12:43 PM
Beer-Goggles: Gain a gaze "attack" Any member of the opposite gender, or convincingly dressed as the opposite gender gains a +2 enhancement bonus to Charisma lasting for as long as they are within sight of the barbarian. (If the party has a sorcerer or bard of the inappropriate gender, crossdressing hijinks and hilarity can ensues.)

Eloi
2010-06-13, 12:55 PM
Beer goggles: Everyone around you gains a +2 in Charisma-based checks.

Edit: Epically ninja'd. As per above, why would it only be the opposite sex? Everyone becomes nicer with beer-googles.

cupkeyk
2010-06-13, 06:57 PM
Beer-Taxi what spell (cleric, I think -- i switched to 4e so my 3.5 knowledge is rusty) is that allows you to teleport back to a predetermined location when a trigger is met? The trigger is of course, you fall unconscious, destination is "home."

Beer Mugger is a modified heward's handy haversack. You may spend money stored in the pack to retrieve consumable items at twice the price. It only works when the user is inebbriated.