PDA

View Full Version : Low blood points and frenzy in Vampire the Masquerade?

Brock Samson
2010-06-13, 03:43 PM
Just curious, I thought I saw someone say that if you had blood points in your system equal to 10-Humanity you risk frenzying, does anyone know if that's true? Is there a book/page reference anyone could point me to?

comicshorse
2010-06-13, 05:59 PM
I always thought you only had to start making Self-Control rolls when you hit 3 blood but I can't cite a page refrence for that

TripperdeCleric
2010-06-13, 06:03 PM
3 or lower requires a self control check to see if you frenzy...looking through my book for the page right now.

KillianHawkeye
2010-06-13, 10:41 PM
According to my book (Vampire: The Masquerade 2nd Edition, p. 196-197), a frenzy can be triggered by the smell, sight, or taste of blood when a vampire is hungry (in addition to other factors not related to hunger, such as danger or humiliation). Being hungry is defined on page 196 as having 3 or fewer Blood Points in your pool.

Also note that the number of dice you can roll to resist frenzy is limited to how many Blood Points you have left, so if you are very hungry it can become difficult to keep your cool.

Hague
2010-06-13, 11:17 PM
Of course, you can always spend a willpower point to stave off frenzy until you can remove yourself from the source of temptation.

KillianHawkeye
2010-06-13, 11:18 PM
Of course, you can always spend a willpower point to stave off frenzy until you can remove yourself from the source of temptation.

Yeah, but it costs you a point of Willpower each turn.