PDA

View Full Version : Gestalt and Fast Movement

megabyter5
2010-06-13, 08:32 PM
When making a gestalt character, it indicates that if both sides have the same feature in their progression, you get whichever one is gained faster. Fast movement is one of those features that can be gained in different increments as well as at different rates. So for example, if one side of the gestalt gains fast movement +10 every 6 levels, and the other gets fast movement +5 every 2 levels, what actually gets counted?

Os1ris09
2010-06-13, 08:36 PM
When making a gestalt character, it indicates that if both sides have the same feature in their progression, you get whichever one is gained faster. Fast movement is one of those features that can be gained in different increments as well as at different rates. So for example, if one side of the gestalt gains fast movement +10 every 6 levels, and the other gets fast movement +5 every 2 levels, what actually gets counted?

If I am correct they alternate. More than likely you will get the second one. But if I am understanding correctly you get whichever is better. Just like everything else. For example if one side gave you +10 feet and the other gave +15 feet you get + 15 feet. Then next Level the +10 side turns into +20 and the other stays +15 you get the +20 side instead. Make sense? :smallconfused:

Icewraith
2010-06-13, 08:45 PM
If they give the same bonus (enhancement for example, see monk and scout) they do not stack. Otherwise they stack.

Godskook
2010-06-13, 08:49 PM
1.Ignore that stupid clause. I mean, really.

2.Almost every fast movement bonus I'm aware of is an enhancement bonus to movement speed. They wouldn't stack, you'd just be able to use the better of the two.

megabyter5
2010-06-13, 09:09 PM
1.Ignore that stupid clause. I mean, really.

2.Almost every fast movement bonus I'm aware of is an enhancement bonus to movement speed. They wouldn't stack, you'd just be able to use the better of the two.

So you should calculate both bonuses as normal, and just apply whichever is higher at your level?

Godskook
2010-06-13, 09:35 PM
So you should calculate both bonuses as normal, and just apply whichever is higher at your level?

Yes. Instead of trying to figure out what that rule means, just say "would this work in regular play?" If yes, go for it, if no, ask why. That should tell you what you need to know. (In reference to stacking class features.)

Glimbur
2010-06-14, 10:52 AM

Scout and Monk are both Enhancement, but barbarian's is untyped.