PDA

View Full Version : Invisible Man

G3N3R3L GHOST
2010-06-13, 08:48 PM
So League of Extraordinary Gentlemen is on TV right now. And I was wondering if anyone has heard of or could figure out a way to make him happen in D&D terms. To be a guy who is naturally invisible by all means...I am thinking to get real epic even bypassing true seeing or the like. Who is also a skilled thief. Could be a fun challenge to think about for the community. I'm looking into it right now myself.

The Rose Dragon
2010-06-13, 08:49 PM
Invisible Stalker?

Sure, it's an elemental and not a humanoid, but that's as close as you can get, I think.

G3N3R3L GHOST
2010-06-13, 08:52 PM
That may be something to go into. But I dunno. It ability may fit but the flavour really doesn't based on everything else. Anything else?

Flickerdart
2010-06-13, 09:02 PM
Pixie? Bard with Persisted Greater Invisibility?

Lysander
2010-06-13, 09:13 PM
This would be pretty straightforward with epic spellcasting. Use the conceal seed and multiple the spellcraft DC by five to make it permanent. Raise the DC even further and the conceal seed can also block divination spells, requiring an opposed caster check from anyone trying to use True Seeing on them. So maybe make the man the former test subject of an epic wizard who researched a Permanent Invisibility spell.

Alternatively, it could just be a man who found a ring of invisibility and wears it 24/7.

G3N3R3L GHOST
2010-06-13, 09:34 PM
The epic idea makes sense...and I did say to get real epic haha. Not really what I meant but it makes sense. And a ring of invisibility does not really make sense for the character. The whole thing is the invisible man invented a formula that made him invisible permanently and there was no way he could get rid of it. Aside from epic progression is there any other interesting ideas. I know straight hide checks beats magical means of finding him. So that combined with a hide in plain sight may do the trick but I dunno. I am sure that there can be a more interesting idea than that from ya'll. Come on now haha

Oh and PS any items materials that he had on him were completely visible. So it is just him and his naked body that would be effected by the invis. Everything else he would have to get tricky with. Thats why he spread make up on his face and wore a jacket when in "social situations"

MarvisSahad
2010-06-13, 11:23 PM
How about a genie wish? Genie outsmarted him, and now he's living with this curse. But if you're going for an alchemical explanation, you could always just go with the freak accident. Not everything extraordinary has to be magical you know.

Person_Man
2010-06-14, 08:47 AM
There's a Prestige Class in Serpent Kingdoms that gives you Improved Invisibility for 8 hours a day as it's capstone.

Lysander
2010-06-14, 09:26 AM
How about a genie wish? Genie outsmarted him, and now he's living with this curse. But if you're going for an alchemical explanation, you could always just go with the freak accident. Not everything extraordinary has to be magical you know.

Rule 0 would help. How about making him a thief who tried to rob a wizard's mansion? He accidentally triggered magical defenses which knocked him into a shelf full of potions. The mysterious combination of potions that splashed upon, plus the spells laid upon him, permanently rendered him invisible in an impossible to reproduce way.

Flickerdart
2010-06-14, 09:44 AM
Rule 0 would help. How about making him a thief who tried to rob a wizard's mansion? He accidentally triggered magical defenses which knocked him into a shelf full of potions. The mysterious combination of potions that splashed upon, plus the spells laid upon him, permanently rendered him invisible in an impossible to reproduce way.
Dude.

Potion miscibility rules. There's a chance that one of the potions becomes permanent. Just use that!

Glimbur
2010-06-14, 11:08 AM
Just pay half again as much for a Ring of Sequestering (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/magicItems/rings.htm#sequestering) so it's slotless. That's only 450,000 gold.

Starbuck_II
2010-06-14, 11:24 AM
There's a Prestige Class in Serpent Kingdoms that gives you Improved Invisibility for 8 hours a day as it's capstone.

Do you mean Greater Invisibility?

Capstone? You could just persist it by 11th.

I am following a D&D webcomic where a guy did it.
He used Easy metamagic feat + Metamagic School Focus feat +MetamagicTrick (from Magical Trickster)

So it is a 4th level slot of Persistent Greater invisibility.

Joe:
http://agc.deskslave.org/comic_viewer.html?goNumber=466

G3N3R3L GHOST
2010-06-14, 12:47 PM
I like the breaking into a wizards mansion thing the best. The impossible to reproduce thing is perfect for his one of a kind "gift" So good man on calling that. Alchemical combinations to make a permanent greater invisibility. Perhaps from a master alchemist or whatever that prestige is that can brew 9th level potions. That would allow it to work in game. Ill just let equipment be visible for flair...that being the case what sort of class would go good with that. I am thinking maybe a swordsage or monk....or both to make him a complete invisible killer.

Faleldir
2010-06-14, 01:21 PM
Find a Cleric with Invisible Spell, and pay him to cast Invisible True Resurrection on you.

Jallorn
2010-06-14, 01:56 PM
There's always the Mythic Shadow Epic Destiny. Greater Invisibility at will.

Jack_Simth
2010-06-14, 04:37 PM
Find a Cleric with Invisible Spell, and pay him to cast Invisible True Resurrection on you.As an added bonus, that would duplicate the clothing and makeup issue - as those won't be invisible, just the effects of the True Resurrection (the actual living body).

Lysander
2010-06-14, 05:56 PM
Dude.

Potion miscibility rules. There's a chance that one of the potions becomes permanent. Just use that!

That's so awesome. Definitely use that. Make him a thief who tried to use a potion of flying and a potion of invisibility at the same time, and ended up permanently invisible.

Maybe throw in a drawback that he cannot be affected by any fly or feather fall spells. Or some other weakness representing a different second potion.