PDA

View Full Version : Self-Forged Prosthetics advice.

Fenrazer
2010-06-14, 04:05 PM
So I am a former DM, Story heavy-Rules medium, and I am gaming under a former player of mine, who is a Rules Heavy-(and so far) Story light DM. He gave me free reign over a "room" in this dungeon gauntlet which I turned into more or less a well patrolled set of hallways with a few walk-in "closets" and one alchemical lab.

We took out some Hobgoblins at first, found they had some serious gun powder, and so we blew up some more. During the last set of Hob-Gobbies, were all taking cover at a different corners and covering one another, after luring some Goblin Warcasters into range of our explosives, one of our players, a slightly Modded Elven Ranger Two Blade build...with the best gosh darn perception in the world, somehow missed a guy sneaking up on him, that somehow naturally meaning our prick friend, Natural 1. I just threw a lvl 1 Goblin Warrior with Hobgoblin equipment at him just to see something else get slaughtered because the Ranger is still a newbie and didn't really know what to do while we set our traps. Well somehow the attack rolls the Goblin made were a 19 on stealth, an 18 to the face with a flail, and a confirmed crit on an already called shot to the same knee the player had earlier lost a kneecap due to a Hob-Gobbie Archer. The last sent the character to -6 and took his leg off. The guy is alive and stabilized but I cannot find rules concerning lost limbs outside of regeneration. The player was a great sport about it, but I still feel terrible...I mean, whooda thunktit, right?

I know what I WANT to do. I WANT to use a Self Forged Artificer that I already had in the Laboratory to basically make a nice combat operational prosthetic, which might have a daily "kick" power at base unarmed damage +1, and the possibility of components later on.

Three questions now:

1: Is there anywhere that covers lost limbs? I'm coming to an impasse with the books so far on that.

2: If there is not rules for it, could a near epic Self Forge quasi pacifist make this work even with a Rules heavy DM?

2: Even with the most basic power, like a daily Kick, do you think this might be too much for a mid heroic tier to have?

Let me know if there are any details that you need, or that I should consider.

-Fenrazer

EdroGrimshell
2010-06-14, 04:22 PM
look into iron kingdoms, they have a prosthetics system that could realy help the guy. It has enhancements statted out and it's a fun campaign setting.

Kiren
2010-06-14, 07:42 PM
Find a suit of armor, give him a boom-stick and all is well.

Their is always the half-golem or what ever it is called, where you graft a crafted limb, with the chance of becoming permanently evil, you gain a template I think. Sorry this is my only idea.

BLiZme.2
2010-06-14, 11:06 PM
Try Grafts. All of the grafts in lords of madness and Libris Mortis as well as the Eberon ones all replace there associate limb. So you are on solid ground that they can be used as prosthetics (you need to use rgenerat if you want a limb after taking them off) the Eberon ones come in deathless(positive energy undead) and construct flavors(for shure) and there are plant ones to I think in Eberon. I forget what Eberon books try core secrets of Xendrik and explorers handbook first. Good luck. See also Book of vile darkness and Fiend folio. There are elemental grafts some where to.