PDA

View Full Version : d20 HEAVY METAL!!!!!

THEONEBOGGIE
2010-06-14, 04:29 PM
OK! Im going to make a kickass d20 system game, it'll relvolve around HEAVY METAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Think Brutal Legend on a board, and the Zepplin you play in the background will be relevant! Feedback?

Debihuman
2010-06-14, 05:26 PM
There used to be a "Gods of Rock" archived on the WotC's website but I could not find it. Here's some of what was there:

The Gods of Rock

The Four
Jahn, Pol, Gerog, and Rynghol; Those that Came Before; The Quarrymen; The Eggmen and the Walrus
Greater Deities (Mostly Deceased), Chaotic Good

Symbol: Various, depending on the local temple
Portfolio: Music, alchemy, transcendence, innovation
Clergy Alignments: Any non-evil
Domains: Good, Chaos, Water, Community
Favored Weapon: Warhammer. Rynghol is said to still possess the great artifact Maxwell's Silver Hammer, but others claim that the weapon was hidden away under one of their temples.

The Four were the first of the Gods. They had been a quartet of miners - quarrymen - whom began to sing at their work. The song took flight, and they with it; soon they were bards, and then... something more. For many years, they brought the Song to the world, and all was good. In one story, they journeyed to the far north and fought with the gods of the giants, whom turned them into eggs and tried to devour them; Jahn then changed his form to that of a mighty walrus (the first animal he saw) and battled the giant gods to a standstill, earning their respect. Other tales involve their journey beneath the seas in a great yellow vessel, where they calmed the cruel gods of the deep with a gift of pure innocent love, and their truly awesome concert at Sullivan's Tavern. Then disaster struck. Jahn, the First, was seduced by a Daemon in mortal form; Yaog-Koa, the Corruptor. She slowly twisted his allegiance, and shattered the Four. However, it was in their death throes that the greatest of their Songs was created, and the last of them is held as among the greatest of all, and the echo of it is said to be at least partially responsible for the ascendancy of the entire pantheon.

Now there are but two of the Four that still draw breath; Jahn was slain and devoured by Yaog-Koa, and Gerog allowed his divinity to be drained, succumbing as to a dread disease. Pol, once the Second of the four, considered to many to be even greater than Jahn, has become a petty tyrant, coveting what few songs he still has rather than spreading them freely as he once did. Rynghol, by contrast, has changed little; he is still a being of joy and whimsy, and while he was always the least of the four, he is now the only one that has not declined. Still, his songs are sung, and still they are brought freely for the good of all. Rynghol is also said to be the only one that still resides on the mortal plane; after making peace with the sea-gods, he received a gift of land, Octopus' Garden, where he built a humble estate.

"All you need is love..."

Debihuman
2010-06-14, 05:27 PM
Lord Alice
The Keeper of Dragontown, the Bogey
Intermediate Deity, Chaotic Neutral

Symbol: Lord Alice's scarred eyes on a background of red
Portfolio: Punishment, retribution, redemption, insanity
Cleric Alignments: Chaotic Neutral only
Domains: Destruction, Fire, Madness, Death
Favored Weapon: A whip. Lord Alice himself is rarely seen without his riding crop.

The Keeper of Dragontown, Lord Alice is the scourge of the wicked and the end to all evils. Unlike other deities, his visage is always the same - an untamed hair of steel wire atop a rugged, weathered face, black scars burnt over his eyes and lines of the same where the fiery blood of the Dark Gods trickled from his mouth after his ascension. You see, Lord Alice was once one of a group of heroes, nearing the title of Demigods. However, Alice knew that they were the very darkness that he'd always desired to destroy, and upon their ascension he turned on his former comrades, slaying them all and absorbing their strength.

Lord Alice is insane. He is sadistic. He is dark, and twisted, and freakish - but he is not evil. For while he employs nauseating, nightmarish tactics in his retributions, they are always perfectly just, always leveled against those worthy of such treatment. He could almost be called good - again, if not for the whole "sadistic, twisted, nightmarish" thing. For his part, Alice doesn't over think his role. While he is intellectual, the insane part of him overrides any need for introspection. There needs to be a hell, and who better to run it? Indeed, the few that worship Alice among all others have the opportunity to descend to Dragontown themselves, not as victims, but as divine tormentors of the damned.

Lord Alice has few temples; those that exist are grim edifices where hymns are sung of cannibalism, debauchery, and madness, for one must know of the darkness in the world to avoid entering it. Curiously, a large section of Alice's clergy consists of redeemed villains, those that would have surely met their eternal death in Dragontown if not for hearing of the fate that awaited them - in gruesome detail. Indeed, the current Archpaladin of the faith is a mind flayer! (A purely formal title; in game terms he's a cleric/fighter)

"We can dig you a hole... deep in the ground... bury your soul down in Dragontown."

Debihuman
2010-06-14, 05:28 PM
Lady Floyd
The Pink
Intermediate Deity, Chaotic Neutral

Symbol: A cracked brick wall
Portfolio: Insanity, Music, Community, Freedom
Cleric Alignments: Any non-lawful, non-evil. Mostly CN
Domains: Community, Creation, Madness, Mind
Favored Weapon: Whatever's nearby.

Lord Alice's lover and equal, Lady Floyd is every bit as mad as her beloved. The difference is that she's the cracked, harmless sort of mad; the patron of everyone driven sane in a crazy world. The somewhat androgynous, carnation-haired Floyd has shattered eyes and stilted mannerisms, but while her day-to-day behavior is an oddity, and even her manner of ascension a mystery, her dogma is a simple one: Break down the walls. The walls of emotional boundaries, that we build up as a defense from trauma, keeping ourselves from the outside world. Change the world, that the gears that crush and mangle are undone, and all are one.

Lady Floyd's temples are occasionally paired with Lord Alice's, but for the great majority of the time they are independent. Followers intake varied magical and psionic substances to break down the barriers between them - and between everything else. A truly advanced member of the Church of Floyd can feel the connection between every being, every action, and every notion that there ever is or was... holding on to it, however, is tricky. For the worthy, Lady Floyd promises an afterlife of enlightenment, where nothing is hidden.

"And everything under the sun is in tune... as the sun is eclipsed by the moon...."

Bhu
2010-06-14, 09:52 PM
Is it bad that I saw this thread and immediately thought of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_MzWF8YLhY

The Tygre
2010-06-14, 10:19 PM
Is it bad that I saw this thread and immediately thought of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_MzWF8YLhY

Not even a little. 'Veterans of the Psychic War' is my wake-up music. :smallcool:

THEONEBOGGIE
2010-06-15, 01:20 PM
On second thought, i have another project goin on and didnt put much thought into this...

Altair_the_Vexed
2010-06-15, 01:26 PM
On second thought, i have another project goin on and didnt put much thought into this...

Too late - you've unleashed the mob now.

THEONEBOGGIE
2010-06-15, 01:42 PM
fair enough, i've put inspiration on the table, if someone wants to do it, go right ahead!

The Tygre
2010-06-15, 02:29 PM
SUMMON KRIMM BLACKLEAF.

*looks around*

*sighs*

I was honestly hoping that would work.

Volthawk
2010-06-15, 03:37 PM
SUMMON KRIMM BLACKLEAF.

*looks around*

*sighs*

I was honestly hoping that would work.

You may be able to summon him by another ritual known as the 'Private Message'.

Yeah...I don't really have anything to contribute. Music isn't really my thing.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2010-06-16, 01:41 AM
Hm. I think my summoning circles are having lag issues.

I'd been coming up with a Brutal Legend setting a little while back, but took something of a hiatus on it due to lack of inspiration(and my copy of the game getting heavily scratched). I could post what notes I have for that.

Corporate M
2010-06-16, 04:01 AM
Should just be a campaign revolving around fiends and stuff. Evil clerics, warlocks/shadowcasters, binders with archdevil vestiges, monster classes...

Could be like a blood wars campaign only much more awesome.

Eloi
2010-06-16, 04:43 AM
Have a FLAMING AX of ROCK and CHOPPING that makes everyone's head EXPLODE when you play it. Then have it be like Eberron, only you're CRAZY TRAINS are powered by ROCK. YEAH!

Gensh
2010-06-16, 12:20 PM
Why am I the only one who ever seems to know about
B*****d!! ? The exclamation points are part of the title btw.
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z42/Fearbane/bas06_020_021.jpg

THEONEBOGGIE
2010-06-16, 02:48 PM
METALLICA ATTACK! SEEK AND DESTROY! ALL NIGHTMARE LONG!!!! roll 20 for 99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 999999999999999999999999999999999Xgoogle damage! AND THE METAL STILL ISNT DEAD!